Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2110 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Apr 19, 2016, 01:36 Quinn

Shok wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 20:27:
Definitely got my $15 I paid out of it though!

After having played it for over 200 hours? Yeah, you could say that again!

Got about 20 hours in it now. Already can't wait to replay it with the same char on higher difficulty and choosing the Necromancers instead of the Chosen. Picked them due to a miss-click and it really bummed me out.

Grim Dawn is one of those few games that really make it hard to go to work in the morning. Not only because I can't stop and go to bed the night before, but also because I just want to call in sick and continue playing. It has something addictive to it that knows no bounds.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Game Reviews Apr 18, 2016, 18:57 Quinn

NetHead, thanks allot for that tip regarding pros and cons. Once I love a game, I love it, and as a result the pink glasses go on.

Personally though, I haven't had any issues with the cons you provided yet. A con I could've mentioned was that you have to resort to some proper online researching before choosing youd builds -- the game hardly shows you what type of playstyle the classes truly represent when you have to make the choices. Personally I just picked 2 classes that made sense to me at the beginning, but if I'd have done said research, I probably wouldn't have gone for the Soldier. My Blademaster does kick as though, but it's a very little bit bland(ish).

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

1. Re: Game Reviews Apr 18, 2016, 12:13 Quinn

Cheers Blue. The Grim Dawn verdict is a bit tongue in cheek but still... personally I think this game shames Diablo 3. I never was a big fan of D3, but with Grim Dawn I'm reminded what a great ARPG should feel like.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Opens
51. Re: DOOM Open Beta Opens Apr 17, 2016, 14:55 Quinn

Suppa7 wrote on Apr 17, 2016, 11:12:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 17, 2016, 10:52:
There's a ton of unrealistic fps on the market... Not sure why you like this game so much. It's so generic and bland.

Because there is a new generation of gaming morons born every minute who never played any games before the year 2000. There is the dumb half of our generation that seems intellectually backward and always rationalizes the game industries mediocrity.

FPS games were played out by the time UT2003/Quake3 came around, we'd already had umpteen many fps games with blood/duke/shadow warrior/etc during that time in the 90's. There was an avalanche of fps games that just never stopped.

Basically multiplayer FPS games peaked on PC with UT2004, the modern gamer is such a fucking idiot chimp it's disturbing that very few people have memories of rocket arena, or threewave and mindlessly lap up what modern game companies feed them. For those of us who remember the good old days on modems and kali/kahn IPX emulation for warcraft 2/Descent, you're not going to convince the dumb retard half of our generation.

I've been playing Quake 2 years on end back in the days. Same with Unreal and RTCW Multiplayer and Enemy Territory.

I agree that Doom is generic and bland, but I was still pleasantly surprised. That says less about me than about the market. I am sick of the new FPS MPs where you can't even strafe anymore because strafing is too slow, and the 1vs1 moments are shorter than 1,5 seconds.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Opens
47. Re: DOOM Open Beta Opens Apr 17, 2016, 03:44 Quinn

ItBurn wrote on Apr 17, 2016, 00:52:
Played an hour. It was boring. You move incredibly slowly and everyone has too much health. It definitely feels like halo. At least if it was more like call of duty you'd die faster. There's not much else to say really...

How old are you? Because right now you sound like a person who grew up with CoD instead of Quake, Doom and Unreal. The fact that everyone has much health is an absolute winner for me! It's like old times, where winning against another player was based on being consistently better than the other player instead of who's having the most twitchy trigger-finger.

This game is the first game in ages where I was finally handed everyone their asses. I think I killed 15 guys before I kicked the bucket because fights weren't over in an instant and accuracy mattered again.

I am pleasantly surprised. The graphics are weird and yes, you move a tad too slow, but finally! An FPS that doesn't try to be realistic or like CoD!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > New John Romero PC Shooter Teased
3. Re: New John Romero PC Shooter Teased Apr 15, 2016, 20:31 Quinn

Although he fucked up the obvious last major title.. Do realize that it was just a mistake. I do not doubt Romero's passion for PC gaming; I do not doubt he has the best intentions for PC gaming. I'm voting on this guy. Lets see what he comes up with.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
9. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Apr 15, 2016, 05:08 Quinn

If I'm hearing ye all correctly, the verdict is: try this free weekend, the game is actually quite good?  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > No Man's Sky Footage
20. Re: No Man's Sky Footage Apr 14, 2016, 18:28 Quinn

I hate computer generated content. I truly hate it in the intense sense of the word. To me, playing a game with computer generated content/maps is like reading a computer generated book -- decades from now they will even get that right (enough), but this day and age is a long way from there.

See that monkey having fun pressing random shit on a screen? That's you, playing a game with computer generated content completely devoid of the artistic mind of a human being.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Trailer & Rewards Program
3. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Trailer & Rewards Program Apr 14, 2016, 01:08 Quinn

Looks great. Game will be a blast, not a doubt!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Stardew Valley Sells 1M
6. Re: Stardew Valley Sells 1M Apr 14, 2016, 00:44 Quinn

Need this for Mac! My wife would love to play this!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Quantum Break Fix Plans
5. Re: Quantum Break Fix Plans Apr 13, 2016, 16:22 Quinn

The list of issues is unacceptable. Wtf. It's the beginning of the end of PC gaming...  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Apr 13, 2016, 01:25 Quinn

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 01:09:
Tried playing the 1st one but dear god my wrist started killing me about 30 mins into the game.

What is it in Darksiders in particular that kills your wrist?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2. Re: Game Reviews Apr 3, 2016, 18:26 Quinn

I'm playing GoT (Telltale) at the moment. I am in Episode 2, and while it's fun, the game gives me the feeling like I'm literally making ALL the wrong choices nonstop. I wonder if I just wouldn't last an hour in that world or if it's just the devs trying (too hard?) to have the game be as unforgiving and harsh as the books/show.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > New AMD & NVIDIA Drivers: PC Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture Revealed
4. Re: New AMD & NVIDIA Drivers: PC Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture Revealed Mar 30, 2016, 12:59 Quinn

That Rapture game reminds me of that ridiculous film "A Thief in the Night". It basically told the story that if you scare the living shit out of children, that's the best way to make them believe in the bible. A very dumb film made by very dumb people. The game looks pretty dumb too but I shouldn't judge it by the one vid I watched.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2016, 20:36 Quinn

Surprised the Darkest Dungeon review doesn't have the word "random" or "RNG" in it. I really wish to know if the final game has the unforgiving and lazy Random-Numbers-Generator the early access had last time I tried 10 months ago. Back then, I sliced through 8 stages of a dungeon like a hot knife through butter or nearly die at stage 1 -- it was cheap as fuck.

Nevertheless, the art-style and gameplay stuck with me; I somehow really want this game to be better than it was so I can enjoy it more.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Division Patch Tomorrow
8. Re: The Division Patch Tomorrow Mar 22, 2016, 20:07 Quinn

Case in point -- I. Fucking. Hate. Borderlands.

The Division is a good and fun game, but it could've been so much more. My cous' and I mock the game constantly as we utterly destroy every wave of boss enemies thrown at us. It's like they didn't even up the difficulty for PC Also, he tried to be a tankish type and I the sniper. We ended up both being sniper/assault. Once you get to the point that they start plowing your healthbar, you've already failed. Plus 2k health won't compensate for the -2k damage. Best to just utterly destroy the enemy before they can gank up on you. Anyway, we end up just headshotting the fuckers side-by-side. Teamplay ftw...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Division Patch Tomorrow
5. Re: The Division Patch Tomorrow Mar 22, 2016, 09:58 Quinn

The 2 skills only just reeks of consolitis -- the controller doesn't allow for more.

Co-op consists of multiple players shooting at moving targets but that's basically it. My cousin and I do everything on Hard together and its a walk in the park. Lvl 25 atm.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 20, 2016, 19:58 Quinn

JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 20, 2016, 15:30:
I have been having a blast playing The Culling. It is one of the most intense games I've played in a very long time. Not for the feint of heart though, you have to be really good to survive a 16 player FFA. If you're below average or average in skill, might not be a good buy for you, but still fun to watch on www.twitch.tv

I hate tbe fact I lost the link to an article. It used some beautiful sources of intel to prove that gamers are the strongest and most natural survivors of all humans -- mentally, not physically.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Witcher III GDC GotY
7. Re: The Witcher III GDF GotY Mar 17, 2016, 13:54 Quinn

Never heard of "Her Story" so how award winning should it be? I mean, I'm such a fucking loser I browse game sites every time life allows me and I. Have. Never. Heard. Of. That. Game.

To me, that looks like the gaming community didn't give a shit about that game. To me, that looks like this GOTY jury is another panel of weird, naked artists who base the awesomeness of something on the way the windowsill in the background is painted applegreen or some weird shit like that.

I'm rambling. Very glad to see The Witcher 3 in there though!! Can't wait for Blood & Wine.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Gone Gold - Battleborn
4. Re: Gone Gold - Battleborn Mar 16, 2016, 05:04 Quinn

Never heard of this game. Looks fun!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2110 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo