Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2433 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Extended
13. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Extended Jul 7, 2017, 19:12 Quinn

I'm really seeing a problem with this Early Access shit. Maybe not with this game, or 10 other games that come to mind per se, but fuck me am I sick and tired of the EA shite. I see a game I'd maybe like, 20 bucks, scroll down and see EA. I'm not sure why I hate it, but I feel like EA games take longer to complete than non-EA games -- like the incentive to finish a game is practically gone for the developer.

Look at Subnautica. A terrible example because it's already a great success and everyone loves the developer because of their transparency. But they have no solid release deadline. None whatsoever. And I wonder how much the endgame will be the art of the developer, or the art of the noisy EA fanbase.

I realize, however, that I might just get old and have difficulty accepting this new fashion. I loved looking forward to a release. Like booking a vacation far ahead and having the preparations and anticipation feel like a part of that vacation. Is there a thing as "too transparent"? Is there a thing as "listening too much to fans"? Look at TV shows like LOST and I think the answer to those questions is a solid YES, but I don't know...

I guess in the end, I just don't like Early Access...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Police Simulator 18 This Year
121. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 4, 2017, 13:55 Quinn

Dacron wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 12:56:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 12:30:
That's very flawed logic. It doesn't mean that poverty has nothing to do with it. It means that poverty alone isn't necessarily the cause. Nobody is claiming that the cause is poverty alone.

it's a cultural issue, not one of economic status (although I am not blind to it being a contributing/aggravating factor).

Quinn wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 09:40:
Poverty among blacks is the absolute winner.

It's almost like my reply was tailored for a comment, not the entire discussion. And took into account the poverty issue.

That being said, this is a cultural issue. It is aggravated by economic status, to think otherwise is foolish. If it were the main cause, the poorest whites should be the highest crime rate, no ?

I didn't actually mean what you think i meant I meant that there's most poverty among blacks. I should've written "On poverty, blacks are the absolute winners."...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

118. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 4, 2017, 12:23 Quinn

Quboid wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 11:22:
I should say, I mostly agree with RedEye9 et al. Regardless of whatever complexes they are prone to, these groups are victims and stirring things up is the only way they can get people talking.

Any successful protest movement will be unpopular with many in its day. If it was popular it wouldn't need a protest, the alternative to being unpopular is to be ignored which is what many want to do with BLM. It starts off reasonable, we'll listen as long as you're not violent. Actually no, we'll listen as long as you're not violent and you don't talk to us in the theatre. Wait no, we'll listen as long as you're non-violent, don't talk in the theatre and stand for the national anthem ... bullshit, now we're trying to find a way to ignore you. That doesn't make violence and rioting acceptable, but it does make it inevitable.

Would we be having this conversation if BLM didn't exist?

Dacron, that article is deeply flawed, disputing a point no one is making (poverty alone isn't the problem) and the blatant antisemitism isn't helpful.

I knew where you were coming from. For me personally, you didn't need to elaborate. Still I agree with you, which may shock people like RedEye somehow. The thing is, you were perfectly right in your earlier comment about extremisms. I believe a very large group of the protesters have an extreme view and to me, that extreme view is: "It's all the fault of white people, nothing's wrong with black people: they are perfect."

That has always been my position from the start of this discussion, that this extreme form of putting all your misery on something external -- and even in this way coming out as the open racist yourself (unless, of course, someone here don't believe white people can be the victim of racism) -- will move you nowhere but steps back. It started to touch me personally at some point, when the regressive fucktard media couldn't shut the fuck up about white privilege and chanting that same fucking rhetoric those extremists in the black community chant. "Shut the fuck up about white people" I felt, as an annoying and irrational pride for white people and their achievements boiled up. I luckily was aware of it. I hated the implications of it. I gave it a place, but didn't forget about what caused it.

I hate racism with a passion. I shouldn't need to say that. Mind you, though: I hate every fucking form of racism. Black on black, white on black, black on white, and now the new one... white on white.

I always find it hard to express myself. I'm aspergers AF, diagnosed and all, so yeah... it may come as a surprise but I can't find anything in your last comments to disagree with and I guess that says a lot about my position on the subject.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

114. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 4, 2017, 02:13 Quinn

I agree with every single word Quboid said.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

108. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 3, 2017, 12:16 Quinn

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 12:07:
Beamer wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 11:43:
Race realists are the worst.
It's hard to have a discussion when someone believes in pseudoscientific bullshit, especially when someone does not understand the terminology.

Pseudoscientific bullshit? Where was I talking about pseudoscientific bullshit?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

106. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 3, 2017, 11:51 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 11:43:
Race realists are the worst.

I had to look up that term. Not sure what you're saying. It sounds strangely hippie to me. Do you deny there's difference races among humans?

Edit: Tried to work with your comment. Couldn't.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

104. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 3, 2017, 11:43 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 11:04:
Ok, now you're distracting from authority killing black people to "they kill more of themselves!" and "they need to clean the community!"

Those are different issues and bringing them up is worthless. And BLM has already made a difference in how the dialogue is handled in this country. It's already done a lot to shine a light on a problem.

Man, then you go into whining about how black people can discuss race and you can't. I'm out here. You're not based in reality, instead on fear-mongering. I'd question if you've ever spent much time with African Americans or in their communities. It doesn't seem like it. It seems like you just think what you see on the news is all there is, which is funny, because you complain about people doing the same to the police...

I admit that I got distracted there.

Who's in reality and who isn't seems to be the main point of debate on the subject, however. There's people who see an oppressed people, and there's people who don't. The first are the people fighting side by side with the victimized groups and are often guilty of soft bigotry of low expectations without themselves being aware of it. The second are the people who think it doesn't work to enable people into victimhood and often respect these people too much to think they can't fix their own shit.

You think BLM helped shine a light on the problem. I think they managed to fool into thinking it's all white people's fault. I'm convinced it isn't and therefore feel like they've instead helped move the problem further away from the solution. Note how there's zero criticism about its own community. Every issue has an external cause to them. Exploring their website half a year ago was cringeworthy in that respect.

I'd like to know what you mean by "how the dialogue is handled"?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

103. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 3, 2017, 11:05 Quinn

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 10:50:
Quinn wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 10:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 10:16:
Beamer wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 09:11:
More white people are shot than black, true.

But there's about 5.5x more white people than black. I just don't get how you keep mentioning race then saying it isn't a factor...
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

You reallllly wanna see it, don't ya, buddy? Start with a whisper. "Raaaaaaaciiiiiissssst"

The beautiful thing about this subject is that you can indeed just call me that and be respected for it. Bam. Just like that. The conversation has ended, you're the winner. Such a magical word, innit?
i was thinking duck, you're the one that keeps screaming racist.

Jesus. You 10? It's what you implied with the saying. Correct me if I'm wrong.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

99. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 3, 2017, 10:28 Quinn

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 10:16:

But there's about 5.5x more white people than black. I just don't get how you keep mentioning race then saying it isn't a factor...
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

You reallllly wanna see it, don't ya, buddy? Start with a whisper. "Raaaaaaaciiiiiissssst"

The beautiful thing about this subject is that you can indeed just call me that and be respected for it. Bam. Just like that. The conversation has ended, you're the winner. Such a magical word, innit?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

97. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 3, 2017, 09:54 Quinn

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 08:51:

Which, given what we've seen since cameras became ubiquitous, is exactly why we should be paranoid. Some of us even more than others, given the stats.

Fucking hell, dude. Look for cops shooting white people and you'll get hundreds of hits. Look for cops saving puppies and you get hundreds of hits. Look for cops shooting blacks and you get the same result. Regressive media just chooses to show the latter. Also, don't cherry pick those stats. Look at crime per capita too. Paints a clearer picture.

Lol, he was doing exactly what he was told, which was to produce his license. So, cop changes instructions and starts screaming at him not to reach for it. What's he supposed to do at that point? Keep his hand in his pocket? Pull it out of his pocket? Either way he gets shot. Cop doesn't wait until he sees a gun.

This is absolutely the fault of the cop. There was nothing Castile could have done at that point that wasn't going to get him shot by a panicking cop. That the cop freaked out simply because he told him he had a firearm, which he is supposed to tell him, is absolutely the fault of the cop.

Afaik he didn't reach into his coat, mate. He reached into some place in the car, dashboard/console w/e but a place where the cop couldn't see.

The situation was bad. Very bad. For all included. To call the cop a racist based on the footage and facts is extremely insulting to say the least. Again, an entire jury agreed with me unanimously. 2 of them being black members of the jury.

One last time, yes there is racism among cops. Yes black people sometimes the victim of said racism. Is it as bad as it is made out to be these days? I don't believe so. People are all on a fucking frenzy. People who hate their life just hop on the bandwagon because it's always better to blame some external shit for your own misery.

I think I've said my part. Btw if anyone still thinks I'm a racist: you helped make my point.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

96. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 3, 2017, 09:40 Quinn

I never said it isn't a factor. There's more crime done by black people per capita, for one. So of course race is a factor you shouldn't leave out of the equation. Black on black crime rates go through the roof. Poverty among blacks is the absolute winner. Yes, there's something wrong and to think #blacklivesmatter will help a damn then mark my words you're terribly wrong. It would do them good to look at their own community before playing the victim because slavery. Many black people concede this without a second of doubt, you just don't hear about them unless you choose to listen. Don't fuck without contraception, for starters. 73% of the african american kids grow up without a father.

Let me paint you one last picture: When I apply for a job together with a black person and we both don't get the job, I go home reflecting on how I can improve my CV, how I could have prepared better, how I could've dressed better. What is perfectly plausible for the black person to do instead? Think he didn't the job because he's black. Just chew on that for a second and I'd be surprised if you think me bigoted for saying that.

Victimhood gets you fucking nowhere. Especially so when there's a bunch of white people so stricken with inexplicable guilt and self-hate that they consider their mentality of maternity a virtuous thing, indeed. Fuck BLM and 3 cheers for Morgan Freeman.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

93. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 3, 2017, 02:43 Quinn

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 01:47:
Quinn wrote on Jul 2, 2017, 19:07:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 2, 2017, 18:40:

Getting killed for no reason, right in front of your family, is just unbelievably tragic, and this kind of thing needs to stop. Just letting cops shoot people anytime they're scared is insane. The job is scary, that's what they tell us and why they expect us to respect them for it. But if that's the case, then it shouldn't be an excuse for shooting people.

Are you forgetting the cops have families; are people? How long do you expect an officer to live if he always allows the other to take the first shot (pun intended)? Especially in crime riddled neighborhoods? This is why your rhetoric just doesn't work for me. The key is compliance. Just understand the rules when you're in a situation with cops.

I'm sure black people are being pulled over more, but don't forget that only the extreme cases are making noise. I'm a business unit manager for Samsung's technical customer service. Trust me: people don't call when they don't have issues with their product.

In the end people see what they wanna see. Media chooses to only show black fatalities these days, while more white men are shot than blacks. Look at the US crime stats by race, and your instinctual "but there's more whites!" retort flies right out the window.

Yes there is racism among cops. Yes white men get shot more. Yes black cops shoot other black people. Yes there is more crime in the black community. Yes there is more poverty in the black community. No the answer isn't just "racism!".

If cops are just gonna panic and kill people whenever they're scared, then we should have a right to shoot first too! How do I know if that cop is a pussy and gonna flip out and shoot me or not? He's got a gun right there on his hip, and sometimes even has his hand on it when he comes up to my car! I should just be able kill him if he makes me nervous right? I'm allowed to make it home safe to my family too right?

What you're advocating is insane.

How much we differ in opinion is absolutely stellar. You somehow don't get it. Let me explain this to you: when a cop pulls you over, you KNOW you're dealing with a cop. That cop CAN'T KNOW who he's dealing with. That you have a 4 year old in the back (something that some people can't stop to mention with Castile's case) doesn't mean you're a law abiding father who just won the DOTY award.

If you can't see the difference, then I have truly wasted my time.

If you don't wanna get shot by the police, don't act like an idiot. Stop what you're doing, be polite and follow instructions to the letter. How many people who followed my above advice you think get shot? Give me a fucking estimate. And don't tell me Castile followed instructions. His instructions changed the moment he mentioned the gun. That he wasn't bright enough to realize that, fucked up the life of everyone in that situation. Cop included. Terrible for everyone and I feel sorry for Philandro Castile -- of course I do -- but fuuuuck "racism!".

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

91. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 2, 2017, 19:22 Quinn

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 2, 2017, 18:51:
Quinn, I wasn't attempting to imply anything just relaying a story, you inferred something. Respond to my other post.

I agree with the other post you are referring to, I just find it terribly difficult to think of what we can do to help. We should fight racism, sure, but we can't just go with our guts on it. It's lynchmob mentality with racism accusations these days. Stats say fuck all neither. Equal treatment doesn't mean equal outcome -- if more blacks are arrested in a cettain neighbourhood than whites, that doesn't mean racism is at play.

So what can we do? I don't know. It'll soon mean affirmative action or something else that then can be perceived as racism. This is what I meant in the beginning of this thread when I talked about the maternity complex: that need to treat minorities special. That need to help them. To protect them from any criticism. Asian-Americans don't need help. Evidently Nigerian-Americans neither. So yeah, I stood behind that woman in the video long before I saw the vid or knew about her.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

89. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 2, 2017, 19:07 Quinn

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 2, 2017, 18:40:

Getting killed for no reason, right in front of your family, is just unbelievably tragic, and this kind of thing needs to stop. Just letting cops shoot people anytime they're scared is insane. The job is scary, that's what they tell us and why they expect us to respect them for it. But if that's the case, then it shouldn't be an excuse for shooting people.

Are you forgetting the cops have families; are people? How long do you expect an officer to live if he always allows the other to take the first shot (pun intended)? Especially in crime riddled neighborhoods? This is why your rhetoric just doesn't work for me. The key is compliance. Just understand the rules when you're in a situation with cops.

I'm sure black people are being pulled over more, but don't forget that only the extreme cases are making noise. I'm a business unit manager for Samsung's technical customer service. Trust me: people don't call when they don't have issues with their product.

In the end people see what they wanna see. Media chooses to only show black fatalities these days, while more white men are shot than blacks. Look at the US crime stats by race, and your instinctual "but there's more whites!" retort flies right out the window.

Yes there is racism among cops. Yes white men get shot more. Yes black cops shoot other black people. Yes there is more crime in the black community. Yes there is more poverty in the black community. No the answer isn't just "racism!".

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

85. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 2, 2017, 18:34 Quinn

I'm not sure what's implied with these anecdotal stories. It's all about the context, like in what neighborhood you are when you're being pulled over and how you're acting. Mr. Tact, for example: allow me to assume that you didn't say you had a gun nor reached for it instead of awaiting further instructions. Am I correct? As you described, the officers were evidently on edge yet you made it out unscathed. You can say that's because you're white, but to do so implies you think those cops were racist. Kind of insulting.

Cops always have to be ready. Always. This is why I think it's of fundamental value if kids on school get taught how they should act when they come in contact with police. Like: 1) Don't resist arrest / Don't run away. 2) Always stay in your car with your hands on the wheel and await instructions. 3) Follow instructions to the letter. Etc.

A friend who legally owns a gun told me (when I asked about it) that he was taught explicitly to always announce you have a gun to an officer, and after the anmouncement await further instructions. "Why?" you may think. "You show beautiful candor by announcing you have a gun, so why should an officer expect ill intent afterwards? :D"

Shit isn't black and white. I'm back to where I started this: screaming racism isn't the solution. It simply isn't. The actual racists won't give a shit about all the protesting etc. But many people who aren't racist really get sick and tired of being presumed they are. I find it harder and harder to discern pro-black from anti-white. The division it's creating between the races is fucking ridiculous. Just look around you.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2017, 18:45.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

79. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 2, 2017, 07:03 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Jul 2, 2017, 03:28:
Quinn wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 20:13:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 12:58:
I'm not pretending to know the answers. It is a complex situation, as most human interactions are. I'm saying everyone needs to do what is "right". Look at the history of race relations in the US. It is pretty clear who was right and who was wrong in the 1960s. If you are not a racist and spend some time thinking about it -- you'll know what is right. Look around your community and assist however you can.

Totally, dude. Let's just love and care for eachother, man. Most importantly we gotta like totally do the right thing and stuff.

I can see you're coming from a good place but you're sending mixed signals, Mr. Tact. "There are no simple answers" directly followed by "We just gotta do the right thing." Fucking stunning. Thank you so much for that pearl of wisdom. Especially because most of us here are deadset on doing the wrong thing. :\

What makes your comments so useless is the fact that most people think they are doing the right thing; thinking the right thing. It's actual open discussion that puts those convictions to the test.

The reason Mr. Tact has come up with generic platitudes (and I don't mean that in a negative sense) is that there is so little wiggle room on this topic, that only the most generic vague statements are what the two sides can agree on.

"Let's agree to disagree" definitely belongs in the category of idiot sayings. People are so programmed to have to agree on something that we somehow need bullshit like that. People are so afraid to disagree with eachother, it seems. I guess I still understood that notion when I was in my early twenties, but now I think it's incredibly infantile.
I can have perfect discussions with friends and other people, find out we eventually just don't see eye-to-eye, pour them another pint and just move on with no hard feelings. I find extreme beauty in knowing what somebody else thinks. It's why I always have tremendous respect for people who can "hold on" in a difficult discussion without losing their cool or resorting to ad homs.

I can't be thankful enough when someone manages to change my mind. I think many people see changing their mind as a threat. Like their opinion is the anchor of their identity or w/e. I think that's mainly the origin of shit like "Let's agree to disagree (and run away from this threat as quickly as possible)". Or, in Mr. Tact's case, desperately trying to find some common ground only sociopaths could disagree with.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

75. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 1, 2017, 20:13 Quinn

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 12:58:
I'm not pretending to know the answers. It is a complex situation, as most human interactions are. I'm saying everyone needs to do what is "right". Look at the history of race relations in the US. It is pretty clear who was right and who was wrong in the 1960s. If you are not a racist and spend some time thinking about it -- you'll know what is right. Look around your community and assist however you can.

Totally, dude. Let's just love and care for eachother, man. Most importantly we gotta like totally do the right thing and stuff.

I can see you're coming from a good place but you're sending mixed signals, Mr. Tact. "There are no simple answers" directly followed by "We just gotta do the right thing." Fucking stunning. Thank you so much for that pearl of wisdom. Especially because most of us here are deadset on doing the wrong thing. :\

What makes your comments so useless is the fact that most people think they are doing the right thing; thinking the right thing. It's actual open discussion that puts those convictions to the test.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

72. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 1, 2017, 11:47 Quinn

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 10:33:
Retired wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 07:44:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 14:15:
Is anyone going to succeed by doing nothing but complaining about inequities. Nope. But that doesn't change the fact there are inequities. Has progress been made? Sure. Is there a lot more to do? You bet.

Yes, there are bad cops. Yes, some people are crooks. There is a lot more grey than there is black and white. All we can do is try to make things better as best we can. The more people helping to make it better, the faster it will happen.

Good post.
True, no one could find fault with that statement.

Nothing wrong with it indeed, but no clue what he's suggesting either. "Not everything is black and white, everyone should help to make things better", was anyone here suggesting something in conflict with that in the first place?

I can see why people dig it, but imo it's also a classic conversation stopper. People end up just nodding in agreement while no real ideas were shared in the end.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

69. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 30, 2017, 19:52 Quinn

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 13:50:
Beamer wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 13:29:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 12:51:
Quinn wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 03:15:
While drinking with a couple of folks, the subject was about muslims. The general tone was that there was nothing wrong with Islam. I chimed in, explaining that there is but that it would heal some really grave wounds in the western countries of Europe if moderate muslims would start speaking up against terrorism in the name of Islam. I was shouted down as a racist by nearly the entire group. I'm not discussing that argument here so I'll ask you to refrain from shifting this to that subject. My point is that these people fucking know me well enough to know that I am not a racist, but still there was no boundary whatsoever for them to call me a racist right there and then (for the record: I invested a lot crowdfunding a documentary that will open up dialogue between muslims and non-muslims, because I believe dialogue is extremely important).
It sounds like the people who called you out know you all too well, especially after reading your other posts.
Maybe you should take some time for personal reflection instead of ranting about it here.

"I'm not racist, I just said some things that could be construed as racist."

Without hearing the actual conversation, I don't know if Quinn said anything racist. He doesn't generally appear so on Blues. But, at the same time, I've never once heard someone say "I'm racist." My grandparent's native language isn't an overly common one in the US, so my dad would use the word for "black" to mention black people. Often. I heard that word frequently. If you have a special word for black people that you use so no one around you hears what you're saying, which is often "careful, there are black people around," you're probably racist. My dad would defend forever that he isn't, and get angry at the accusation, and argue he's just being honest and realistic.

Thinking you aren't racist doesn't make you not racist, it just means you think what you're doing is normal, acceptable and ok. Often, it isn't, and until people point it out and you step back and reflect...
If you're looking for the racist in a room, look no further than the person saying "I am not a racist, but.."

That sounds smart -- like it's coming from an interesting thought process. Sadly, that retort no longer works. It no longer works because today, we're living in a world where you can't have any critique about another culture or set of ideals without being called racist. Sadly, today that disclaimer is often necessary.

Beamer wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 15:50:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 14:08:
Quinn wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 01:30:
There's nooothing wrong with the black culture in America. 'Tis allll them powerful whities fault.

It's not a binary choice. Problems with urban culture AND racism exist simultaneously. Both need to be addressed urgently, and at the same time.

In general, they do go together. Why are the bad, urban areas primarily African American, and why are African americans unable to get out of these areas?

Again, is it something inherently wrong with them, that they're deficient in, or is there something about society?

Of course there's nothing inherently wrong with "them". A culture or set of ideals or beliefs isn't dictated by race. I do think there's something wrong with the culture. I think -- but I can't be sure -- a large part of the inability for the black community to "fix itself" is because of victimhood. If you think you are the victim and every misfortune of yours is caused by something external, you don't self-reflect; you don't improve.

I can bore you with many numbers and arguments to back up my case but fuck me, thank god this woman makes it easier for me: https://youtu.be/Ru4SVUlNfMY?t=1m50s

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2017, 20:05.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

64. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jun 30, 2017, 13:31 Quinn

Hmm less flaming than I initially expected. Considering the platform, I understand some of you raise an eyebrow at my center-left political stance. I hope we're all wise enough to understand we know way too little about eachother to be able to agree or disagree about where on the political spectrum someone resides.

Of course there are moderate muslims that speak out against terrorism. When I said that they should, I didn't mean none do. I do, however, still think the volume of muslims who do could be higher. Does that make me a racist? Or, let me put it differently, did I deserve being called a racist by not explicitly saying that I know some do speak out? If your instinctual answer to that last question is "YES!" then I'd urge you to do some self-reflection. Not me.

Personally, I give people what I call my "charity" of interpreting them in a way that puts them in the post positive light possible. In this way, I'd never suggest someone is racist by following my gut feeling. The accusation is too heavy for that.

You can still disagree with everything I've said in this post. That's fine. But call me a racist, and you've made my point.

As for the black american community? There is too much to say about them to put in one comment. It's one of the communities in the USA that could have the most use of self-reflection. Blaming all their misfortunes on "the whites" will get them absolutely nowhere, is all I'm willing to say about it in this comment. BLM will get them nowhere.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2433 Comments. 122 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo