Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2316 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Bayonetta Released
13. Re: PC Bayonetta Released Apr 12, 2017, 14:13 Quinn

Agent-Zero wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 11:01:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 02:41:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 23:08:
"Hey kids! PC Gaming is dead!"

I believe PC, as a gaming platform, is the oldest continuous.

Yeah, we're in heaven! Some jap console garbage a decade later... what more could we ask for? I'm overwhelmed by the respect they are showing towards our beloved platform. Overwhelmed... can't type on, I'm starting to cry out of pure joy.

you are always crying. so im sure you are quite comfortable over there with your baby bottle

goo goo ga ga, little guy

Well to be honest, for once I completely agreed with that depressed fuck.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age 4 Outed?
29. Re: Dragon Age 4 Outed? Apr 8, 2017, 14:27 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 07:57:
ledhead1969 wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 02:42:
Wow, so much hate and negativity. I'm looking forward to it.

You're looking forward to picking flowers to save the world and doing the same dragon fight 8 times? Me too, sounds wonderful.

The miscellaneous quests in DA:I were presented as exactly that. They were fillers and you didn't had to do them, even if you wanted your perfect ending. The main quests and companion quests were very well done.

Every game has repeating combat, so that dragon argument is beyond mediocre. Also, every dragon had its own skills and mechanics.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character
71. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 7, 2017, 18:26 Quinn

Prez wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 10:24:

If you don't intimately understand the lifestyle and perspective of a type of person, you'll probably do a bad job at it. By the same token, if you have an all white male team maybe it's best you didn't include a black female character just because you feel you have to in the name of "diversity". Unless you have access to an actual black female who can give you detailed insight into her specific cultural and gender interests and challenges your depiction of her will likely come across as ham-fisted and can insult the cross section of people you were trying to make feel included.

Yeah but aren't we all exactly the same, except for skin color/sexual orientation? And shouldn't writing characters with different skin color/sexual orientation therefore be no different, but for one or two insignificant exceptions?

In theory, I would agree with you. But the reality is quite different. Growing up in NYC in the '70s gave me a lot of insight to the magnitude that culture, perspective, and environmental conditioning can differ between different races, ethnicities, and lifestyles.

Look at it this way - someone who lacks the understanding of the intricacies of living a transgender existence is likely to portray a transgender character in exactly the awkward way that Bioware did in Andromeda. Compare that to the way a similar character is portrayed in Watch Dogs 2 - realistically and effectively - and the difference between doing it the right way and the wrong way should become clear.

You forget one important aspect: ME is far into the future, and it's quite safe to say that in that future the human race has achieved true equality.

Also, the problem with bringing in a black person for a black person's insight can be tricky, because today we see many black people think things happen in their life because they are black... but there's absolutely zero evidence for their skincolor being the reason for it. Easy example: getting turned down for a job.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Batman: Arkham VR PC This Month
6. Re: Batman: Arkham VR PC This Month Apr 3, 2017, 14:40 Quinn

It's almost cute to see how much VR is still in its baby shoes xD  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Hype?
31. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 3, 2017, 04:23 Quinn

Kxmode wrote on Apr 2, 2017, 21:52:
Thanks, Blue

One comment earlier, you denounce censorship. One comment later, you thank Blue for removing another guy's comment. Did you ask for the removal? Found it... what, offensive?

Either way, I wonder what happened to you, Kxmode. I'm not certain but I think you never were such a sanctimonious little hypocrite before. Did you convert recently?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Hype?
27. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 1, 2017, 13:57 Quinn

Kxmode wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 14:44:
@Agent-Zero - The question "If Polygon calls something 'hype' and no one cares, is it still hype?" is specific to the topic of this thread. Your comment remains off-topic and mean-spirited. I would recommend restricting such extraneous and inconsequential stuff to Out of the Blue and Into the Black where it belongs (like I have for my biblical stuff). In other words, be a mature poster and filter yourself. I know you can do it. Thumbsup

That's just fucking pathetic. Look, if I exclaim my belief in invisible hamsters, people will mock me for it and they have that freedom. Same goes for your belief, Kxmode. The fact that your belief is held by a huge amount of people, doesn't make it any less absurd to people like myself.

So yeah, if you express openly that you believe in God, then you've opened yourself to be ridiculed. Grow the fuck up or choose to live in a little bubble where you're surrounded by fellow believers. Choose 1 of the above. I know you can do it.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Destiny 2 in September; PC Included
13. Re: Destiny 2 in September; PC Included Mar 31, 2017, 08:52 Quinn

I swear that blue guy's voice is Lance Reddick's  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
51. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 31, 2017, 07:42 Quinn

Asmodai wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 01:29:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 16:51:
There are just some BAD things that no-one thought out in the game.

The Andromeda Init. is the invaders/aliens. Granted the Kett aren't nice but, "Humans" travel 600 years, don't expect anything to change, show up like they are entitled to everything, go around stealing shit left right and center from poor purple aliens just trying to survive on an ice planet.

Hrm, I seem to recall we also helped out those same aliens to *mild spoiler* fix up their home world vault which was deactivated and slowly killing them...

And there is dialogue that explains we are also the aliens now etc, so their is some realisation about that.

Everyone speaks english (least it was Basic in Star Wars, but still).

There are references to translators in the dialogue, including some bits where NPC's will respond with "that didn't translate properly".

The Citadel was suppose to be finished before you got there but even after 14 months (how the fuck were they suppose to survive, cause if the Hyperion's golden planet was golden then they wouldn't have gone directly to the Citadel/Nexus/whatever it's called).

No one anticipated the scourge which turned everything in to a worst case scenario, and the premise was that colonisation would be established at the same time that connection to the nexus would be.

Why is noone salvaging all the shit all over the place. You can't make 1 shuttle with all the shuttle halfs all over the place?

Yeah, on two hellscapes which kill people if they rove outside safe areas for too long, with limited manpower prior to the arks full of people showing up.

I get the feeling you spaced past a lot of the dialogue at this point.

And WTF is up with the Tardis/Tempest? "It's bigger on the inside" no shit, and why can't I just board the fucking Tempest without going into orbit?

Will give you those two points, climbing on top of the tempest = feel like you're at least 5 times bigger than you are inside it, and yeah, boarding on the ground rather than fucking around launching in to orbit would make more sense.

The transitions are load screens that aren't a static image with a load bar. I don't know if that's better or worse, but it is what it is.

All in all we can agree that he was nit-picking and ignorant at best. Good retorts. Saved me the time and energy.

A friend of mine played both PC and PS4 editions. He says the ME:A hate originates from console players because the console version is abominable. Hilarious how most of us PC gamers weren't aware of that little fact. Look how that bias turned us into little fucktwat whiners ^^

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

13. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 12:31 Quinn

Frijoles wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 12:20:
I just want a patch to fix the planet zooming every damn time I click to go somewhere. Need to visit another system with 0% explored? Better break out the phone so I can fuck around while it shows me the same animation over and over. I'm surprised their testers didn't go insane.

Yeah I see what they did. You see, the "zoomed in" position is the actual position of the Tempest. The zooming out is just for the sake of a better scanning position. You'll notice this when you exit the Galaxy interface to walk around in the Tempest -- the view is that of the zoomed in position.

I think it's kinda chill. I think they did it like this to give the space freaks something to fap on. I actually wanted to make a screenshot of every zoomed position of every planet: would be an awesome desktop theme.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

8. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 11:25 Quinn

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 10:49:
The game is fun, the plot is meh and the dialogue is atrociously bad.
The planets are massive
the combos are great
the settings are awesome.

I can't believe how stupid the prologue is.

Also, why can't they do emergency breathing using one helmet? I thought that part was horrible as well.

Remember how Ryder went into a short coma? I allowed this to imply he was already too far gone for breath rotations using one helmet.

Fucking love the game. The story is weird at first but then i realized the awesome part: the natives of Andromeda were being defeated by the Kett, and then all of the sudden they get unexpected backup from the milkyway xP I think that premise really isn't that bad and actually kinda cool.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
89. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 28, 2017, 15:26 Quinn

Apart from some really bad plotholes (desperately patched in Codex articles btw), this game is absolutely fantastic. I'm having ridiculously much fun. The combat is absolutely amazing and I find it hard to imagine any other gameplay style can beat the Vanguard. My skills: Charge, Nova and Barricade. If the fuckers in my reach are destroyed, I can drop down a barricade and pick the rest off from a distance.
So versatile. Such absolute fun!

Other than that it's DA:I in space. Good thing I fucking adore DA:I, but it's good to realize that the miscellaneous quests marked as "Tasks" are exactly useless and mere MMO kinda fillers. You can easily skip them if your Viability on that planet is maxed.

This game is being destroyed for bad reasons. It's the best shit you can get these days and it's only fair to judge it by today's standards.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Vikings Wolves of Midgard Released
4. Re: Vikings Wolves of Midgard Released Mar 25, 2017, 19:47 Quinn

Some people are comparing it with Dungeon Siege 3. That's pretty nasty.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch
32. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 25, 2017, 19:06 Quinn

Since this thread is more active and I neeeeed an explanation because it's killing me:

Check my question in this thread.

I must've missed a proper explanation or I've literally experienced the cheapest storytelling ever.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
87. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 25, 2017, 14:54 Quinn

Can someone PLEASE explain something for me?!?!

SAM has trouble translating the kett, but INSTANTLY manages to translate Angaran?! WTF is up with that? I find it almost impossible to deal with. It almost breaks the game for me entirely. I swear, this is the fucking cheapest "first contact" anyone could ever come up with. And I was so damn enthousiastic with what was gonna happen after Eos!

Also, nobody seems to give a rat's fuck that there's a big fucking black hole consuming the Helios cluster? :\

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer
35. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer Mar 19, 2017, 00:40 Quinn

If you want to stay away from the racism discussion, then sure, that's your choice. The downside, though, is that you'll be viewed a pussy if you try to get attention in a discussion that has become about racism. Like this one.

People who are Switzerland on racism are fairly ridiculous pussies. Why? Because there's no subjective stance on the matter. Only objective. If you don't follow me, please read the Oxford definition on racism.

Whoever believes that their race is superior to another, is a racist -- be that person white, black, yellow, brown or purple. It's really not that fucking hard.

So if a brown dude is antagonizing white people, then he's racist. If a black dude is antagonizing yellows, then he's racist. If a white dude is antagonizing the black race, he's racist.

It's fucking simple. So fuck you if you want to keep out of the discussion, because there shouldn't be a fucking discussion about it in the first place. You are pussified. You add nothing to the wellbeing of this world. Go play your computergames, go work at your meaningless job, and just shut the fuck up. If you want to be Switzerland, then stop exclaiming that you want to be Switzerland.

I don't believe that things are black and white; left or right. I believe in a new center. That doesn't mean neutral. Fuck neutral. Fuck you.

Good night.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Telltale CEO Departs
2. Re: Telltale CEO Departs Mar 17, 2017, 15:21 Quinn

Is this the reason Ep 3 of The New Frontier takes for-fucking-ever? Good thing I haven't started the season yet!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access
46. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 17, 2017, 09:12 Quinn

Turian's noses have these 2 lines in them with spaces in between, yeah? I remember looking at these lines in the earlier ME's because I was fascinated how they sometimes connected due to mouth movement -- good little detail, it was.
Well, detail: no more.

What a lazy shit.

Before.
Can't find good images for Andromeda but anyway, now those lines in the nosebridge are just a bland texture.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access
45. Re: On Sale Mar 17, 2017, 08:51 Quinn

Kxmode wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 03:42:
So I wanted to look further into this to see if there might be another cause for the animation issues. I have a hard time understanding how EA and BioWare could release this in such a horrible state. To my dismay, senior gameplay designer Manveer Heir is an overt racist. Many of his posts are shocking. EA or BioWare didn't fire him. I'm not suggesting he deliberately ruined the game, but his presence can be negative.

A few of the things he's written:
White Tears Mug: http://archive.is/Ql4v7
White Face: http://archive.is/VTYP2
Snowboarding: http://archive.is/8GSzC
Coffee: http://archive.is/VJJzj
Attacking 9/11 Victims: http://archive.is/wF5Pz
Hates White People: http://archive.is/RODcy
Murder white people: http://archive.is/bCQRS
Attacking Deus Ex Devs: http://archive.is/sDDwd
Attacking Deus Ex Devs 2: http://archive.is/yOja5
Insulting Customers: http://archive.is/s3gH0
GamerGate Hater: http://archive.is/8IcZg
Nyberg Racist: http://www.breitbart.com/big-journali...

Reaction on BioWare Forums:
http://archive.is/40bJI

Petition to remove Manveer from EA (forget BioWare).
https://www.change.org/p/ea-games-remove-manveer-heir-from-his-position-at-ea-games

It's real bad. To reiterate: this guy is the senior gameplay designer at BioWare Montreal who worked on Mass Effect: Andromeda. This guy makes Derek Smart look tame by comparison.

This guys is absolutely fucking terrible! Ha, last week I had an arguement with a colleague who doesn't believe racism toward white people exists. Fucking idiot.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer
49. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 13, 2017, 15:09 Quinn

descender wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 09:50:
Actually, it looks like they're emphasizing run & gun a lot more than cover shooting in this one. You have a jetpack that you can use to dash in any direction and there's a lot more verticality in general.

You must have watched some other gameplay video... because this is just another cover shooter with blatantly obvious set pieces.

They've definitely done a better job of hiding the sets, but it still has that jarring feel of "oh hey, there are some waist high boxes over there, I better get ready for a big fight" rather than coming upon the fights dynamically.

Nobody can disagree with you. Impossible! It's incredibly obvious when a fight is coming. It's like stepping into a paintball arena.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer
46. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 12, 2017, 13:18 Quinn

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 20:25:
i was taking a look at the PAX East livestream.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrN4gYwGZhs&t=157s

and noticed the lipsynching of conversations in the in-game cutscenes was way, way, way off - it looks so wrong.. like 90s era stuff

I respect you guys as fellow gamers but this is /facepalm for me, mate. Look at the vid again. There's an obvious audio/video sync issue in the clip, yes, but if you pay it an ounce of your attention you see that it's not bad lipsynching. The P's and the O's in particular are the telltale sign that the lipsynching is actually pretty amazing. It looks like shit because in the vid the video is earlier than the audio -- or the other way around, cba to mindfuck myself over it atm. Must've been a Twitch fuckup or w/e.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2316 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo