Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2198 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Oct 20, 2016, 11:44 Quinn

Cram wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 04:12:

Maybe TB was a bit too harsh, but if his points about how terrible the itemization actually is in this game then I am fine with requesting a refund. I have absolutely no interest in constantly having to stop playing to look at every single useless item to see if I can get a 2% potential boost to DPS. His video gave me flashback nightmares to Diablo 3's launch with itemization, and legendary items. How absolutely useless, under powered and awful they are.

What I'm about to say sounds silly but: you're playing these games wrong. I think it's not the idea to compare every single item that drops with what you have. I only start to put real effort into comparing new loot with what I have when I feel I'm starting have a disadvantage over the enemies.
Naturally you shouldn't ignore the low percentage droprate lootdrops like legendaries or w/e.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Red Dead Redemption Teasing?
43. Re: More Red Dead Redemption Teasing? Oct 19, 2016, 06:15 Quinn

Noticed the deletes too. I remembered not recalling anything worth deleting was said. Strange indeed.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles
53. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles Oct 18, 2016, 18:36 Quinn

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 18:16:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 17:51:
It was all in jest, well not the plank walking! Mwahaha

Yeah, my post wasn't meant as a rant at you personally. It just surprises me some folks will write off a company when a game doesn't come to their platform of choice. Exclusives are nothing new...

It's no rocket science. R* games are the living proof that the PC community brings in some big bucks and R* has always been great at giving a zero fuck about it until they do (GTAV PC felt like a miracle). I'd like to hear their reason not to release a PC version other than "We like to milk!".
It's like an actual musical star not coming to his European fans because why the hassle if he can grow fat and rich in Amerkca as well. It's not charming.

"Then buy a console" is a no go for some of us. I, for one, play games for the immersion. To escape from reality now and then. Consoles with their controllers cannot give that to me. I need more than two thumbs and two fingers to get a sense that I'm playing the game and not the other way around.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

39. Re: More Red Dead Redemption Teasing? Oct 18, 2016, 09:34 Quinn

Well you gotta admit: the PC community kinda left Rockstar hanging when they decided to roll GTAV out on our platform as well.

......... FU R*

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

5. Re: More Red Dead Redemption Teasing? Oct 17, 2016, 11:53 Quinn

This definitely won't be RDR for PC.

RDR2. Hopefully for PC as well but we know Rockstar by now: fuck the PC gamers in the butthole no matter how big a market they've proven to be. There will be a good to fair chance that in a year or two they'll decide to release RDR2 for PC, after having milked the console market.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Gone Gold - Skyrim Special Edition
41. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Special Edition Oct 13, 2016, 03:20 Quinn

NetHead wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 13:49:
Numinar wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 02:37:
I feel like should probably have gotten win 10/144hz compatibility patches considering it's ubiquity...

Today I learnt, supposedly, Windows 10 and 144Hz displays are ubiquitous.

Whether you are at your grocery store, office, Taylor Swift concert or having an awkward shit at an airport... just stick your tongue out for about 3 to 4 seconds and then just try to taste something.
There's a good chance you're tasting Windows 10 and 144Hz displays in the air.

These last few days I'm thinking about what character to play. I keep coming back to stealth/bow/dual-wield/enchanting/lockpick. I tried that marketing viking character once but just melee/shield is boring.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

36. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Special Edition Oct 11, 2016, 19:11 Quinn

The level of which I'm looking forward to this is ridiculous. Their marketing text hit the nail on the head: it'll be reliving young nostalgia and creating new "Skyrim Memories".  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

17. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Special Edition Oct 11, 2016, 01:38 Quinn

@jimnms

You put 600 hours into it. 600. I'm a huge fan and I haven't put more than 400 hours into it xP Your comment is truly ridiculous, sorry mate!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mafia III Patched
29. Re: Mafia III Patched Oct 10, 2016, 18:33 Quinn

egg_mcmuffin wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 10:30:
I got it on console and from what im reading that's basically where you want to play it. Your better off enjoying this game on a couch like a movie.

Its got a really really good presentation and story, the soundtrack is top notch. Its generic gta style controls, so you take that for what its worth. The car driving is a step below gta, but not complete crap. None of the graphical glitches have been major (on console).

I would say its definitely rental material just for the story and presentation. Worth buying if you want to take your time finding all those.....extras. Gorgeous

I'm getting a Truman Show vibe now. If anyone else is gonna say the stody is good I'll start punching at the horizon hoping at some point I'm punching through a wall.

So far in Mafia 3 all I've been doing is making 3 people happy by putting my knife into AI-retarded idiots and stealing money, rinse, repeat. I'm still waiting for any actual story driven quests like the cool stuff the game started out with.

I hope this game is simply CRAZY HUGE and I'm actually still touching the surface, but after the Sitdown quest I get the impression it's not.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2016, 01:08.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mafia III Patched
16. Re: Mafia III Patched Oct 9, 2016, 20:03 Quinn

So far I'm terribly disappointed in Mafia 3. I keep waiting for the game to start; to get past the tutorial missions. Turns out what I se is what I'm actually getting.

Sure, taking over territory is cool. Killing thugs and destroying contraband to get to a big fish is cool. However, in some games (no examples off the top of my head atm) those are OPTIONAL SIDEQUESTS that would enhance your character's skills and fill your purse and stuff like that -- it wouldn't actually be the MAIN THING you have to do.

Where are the story driven quests? What the fuck is this?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mafia III Released
33. Re: Mafia III Released Oct 8, 2016, 21:07 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 17:52:
Maybe instead we could talk about the really cool game and ignore some lonely racist on the internet who just wants attention and laid the most obvious bait in the world to get it.

Leave it to Redmask to spew some personal assault with literally zero basis someone's way. I can't imagine anyone falling for your omega male shit anymore tbh. It should go without saying that someone who is against the BLM movement ins't necessarily a racist. Thinking in absolutes is a juvenile attitude that is a stain on our community and our ability to communicate about shit that matters.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

29. Re: Mafia III Released Oct 8, 2016, 16:07 Quinn

NKD wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 14:27:
Quinn wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 13:17:
My problem with BLM is that it creates racism instead of fighting it.

This garbage again? Typical "Don't Rock The Boat" racism.

"Don't fight back against injustices, because your efforts are imperfect, and will just make the racism worse! Just wait it out or maybe write a meekly worded blog instead..."

Here's the thing, Black Lives Matter, and the black community in general, don't care about making casual racism by white Blue's News users worse. And rightly so. You're not in a position to make life worse for black Americans, so they don't give a shit what you think about them, or their movements.

They are concerned with institutional racism coming from the police. And they are absolutely successfully turning up the heat on the police in this country. There's more of a spotlight on police shootings than ever. It wasn't that long ago that a black man getting shot by the cops didn't even make the news. Shit, most white people getting shot by the cops didn't make the news. Now it's all over the news, and it's getting real attention. Body cameras are starting to become more widely used, and in some cases mandatory, and will only become more prevalent. Prosecutors are starting to become more willing to actually prosecute cops. There's still a long ways to go, but things are moving in the correct direction.

None of this would happen if people were just sitting quietly and not stirring the shit. Yeah, it's gonna upset some white folks, but that's a small price to pay.

Attitudes like yours implicitly support the status quo.

And I really have to wonder where the vehement opposition to BLM from white people comes from. I'm white, and they just don't bother me. Sometimes I think the stuff they do is silly, but it's black people trying to deal with problems facing the black community. It really doesn't affect me at all. Certainly not enough for me to get angry and say things like "Fuck BLM!"

Hell, I praise them for putting the police on blast. They have more spine than white people do when it comes to standing up for themselves against the cops.

If BLM actually gave a single shit about black lives then they would put their efforts in trying to fix their own fucked up community. When I'm talking about a fucked up community I'm talking about fatherless households because daddy is in prison and the staggering, sickening numbers of black-on-black crime.

BLM is a movement that is Black VS White, and "this time" not coming from the whites. When a black officer shoots a black person, BLM spokespersons will not mention the colour of the officer unless pressed. Nor do they give a shit about the actual numbers.

I'm the first to admit that police violence is a problem, but the problem isn't as black and white (pun intended?) as it is presented. First of all, according to the data, skin color has nothing to do with it (in fact, more whites are being killed by police).
Second of all, the hightened state police officers have to be in 24/7 due to America's retarded gun laws isn't taken into account enough. When a suspect DOES NOT COMPLY (which is the case in 99% of all police vitalities, don't you forget) and makes sudden movements, the chance of said suspect reaching for a piece is too high.
Thirdly, what people tend to forget is that there is ALWAYS a gun involved: the officer's gun. An officer doesn't know if he's facing a black belt or whatever. If the officer gets overpowered, his gun is in the hands of the person who's freedom was in his hands.

Sure, police needs better training. Sure, there are bad cops. But if you don't see that the demonization that's going on toward the police is a problem, then I really don't know what to say. Evidently, you fell for it. Cops are bad!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

23. Re: Mafia III Released Oct 8, 2016, 13:17 Quinn

Quboid wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 10:24:
Nimh wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 10:05:
Quinn wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 09:35:
Luke wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 09:15:
Do you just not play it cos the character you play as in charge of your own mafia is black?

Well ya said it , why does everything today have to be black or gay or free breast , just ain't into all this politically correctnes it ruins more than it helps Clown Nothing helps if ya force it onto people....nothing!

Playing a black guy in this context is very interesting. What I hate is the disclaimer at the start of the game, apologizing to nutjobs like all Black Lives Matter followers and SJW.

Imagine a history teacher apologizing for talking about slavery back in the days.

It seemed like a well worded disclaimer to me. Of course it triggered someone.

If it didn't upset someone who would say "nutjobs like all Black Lives Matter followers", it's doing history wrong.

Anyone who thinks that a player's character not being a straight white male is automatically political correctness is exactly the sort of person who would benefit as a human being exposed to more diversity.

The latter part is not what I'm saying. Read my post more clearly. As for BLM, I can understand it feels good to just hop on that boat and chant "black lives matter" along with its other members... since -- fuck me -- OF COURSE black lives matter. All human life matters. If you don't understand my disdain for BLM than that's solely due to your ignorance, so don't go all ad hominem on me. My problem with BLM is that it creates racism instead of fighting it. Have you heard any BLM spokesperson talk about the white people that get shot by police, for example? Of course they don't, because then they have to come with numbers which would completely destroy the movement.

Numbers like: 6% of the US citizens are black, 50% of the US murders are by blacks, and then most of them are black-on-black crime.
Or numbers like: 50% of the people that get shot by police are white.

Fuck BLM. It's a movement against equality.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

15. Re: Mafia III Released Oct 8, 2016, 09:35 Quinn

Luke wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 09:15:
Kosumo wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 21:10:
Way to have an open mind about things .... totally your choice but what if the gameplay is good with some new freshness to it and is a lot of fun? Do you just not play it cos the character you play as in charge of your own mafia is black?

Anyone who is playing want to give us some feed back.

I know that there is some issues currently (locked 30fps and some talking about crashing - that can be true for some and not for others) but the game does still seem interesting to me.

Any views (about the game) good or bad, would be good thanks. (Unless your purple, I don't like my Bluesnews comments from people who are purple )

Do you just not play it cos the character you play as in charge of your own mafia is black?

Well ya said it , why does everything today have to be black or gay or free breast , just ain't into all this politically correctnes it ruins more than it helps Clown Nothing helps if ya force it onto people....nothing!

Playing a black guy in this context is very interesting. What I hate is the disclaimer at the start of the game, apologizing to nutjobs like all Black Lives Matter followers and SJW.

Imagine a history teacher apologizing for talking about slavery back in the days.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Trailer
5. Re: Dishonored 2 Trailer Oct 7, 2016, 19:21 Quinn

Grumpy Sod wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 09:39:
I so badly wanted to like the first game, and I did, but it didn't like me

Played the first mission, carefully not getting seen, and then the final room (I think), I just couldn't manage to not get spotted. Spent hours and then ended up never going back. Probably for the best, as it was killing me to try for a perfect stealth run and I'd not even done that one level.

Didn't help to have it spoilered about Emily hating you if you were violent, or whatever the particulars were.

The original is, basically, my one true regret for not getting into. I still want to love it, despite our differences

That spoiler message at the start of the game was one of my biggest gripes with the game: playing it violent didn't give a DIFFERENT ending... Oh no, it gave a WORSE ending. It was immersion breaking and it basically forced every OCD completionist to play stealthy. And like Creston said (which I said around the time the first game was received by gamers) I hated the fact the gameplay was horrendously boring if you played it stealthy compared to all the offensive abilities.

This second game looks more promising. I'll try to run through the first game again and hopefully hate it less.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mafia III Framerate Concerns
35. Re: Mafia III Framerate Concerns Oct 7, 2016, 19:15 Quinn

@Burrito

"No performance issues"? Some positive reviewers on Steam say the same thing. I don't get this. I know you're not an idiot, but it's an idiot statement to me. Every game that drops below 50 fps has "performance issues" in my book, with my above average rig. This game is locked at fucking 30 fps. How on earth can you judge its performance? It's like saying the guy hopping around in a potato sack is a great runner!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

31. Re: Mafia III Framerate Concerns Oct 7, 2016, 10:49 Quinn

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 09:32:
Sad thing is im hearing the torrent version has no 30fps frame lock...and yes i did buy the game..

As far as I can tell, there is no torrent version online.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

25. Re: Mafia III Framerate Concerns Oct 7, 2016, 07:08 Quinn

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 05:15:
UPDATE [10/6 / 6PM PT]: We currently have a patch running here at the studio that includes 30, 60, and unlimited frames-per-second options in the video menu, among other improvements for the PC version of Mafia III. We’re verifying the patch now to ensure everything is working as expected. If everything goes well, we expect the update to go live this weekend. We will be keeping the PC community up-to-date on the status of the patch throughout the weekend and thank you for all the feedback!

Oh NOW you're testing?! Fuck off, launch the patch for people who wanna take the risk. Many of us aren't gonna play this 30 fps garbage anyway. Jesus Christ the morons...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
3. Re: New GeForce Drivers Oct 7, 2016, 03:04 Quinn

shiho wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 02:57:
Your first mistake was using Geforce Experience.

I honestly thought it was a neat program. Until now, naturally.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
1. Re: New GeForce Drivers Oct 7, 2016, 02:48 Quinn

What the hell, my GeForce Experience 3.0 is going crazy. The download button for new drivers don't work and the entire program is simply acting up :\  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2198 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo