Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2440 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Live Fire Plans
8. Re: Titanfall 2 Live Fire Plans Jan 16, 2017, 06:01 Quinn

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Bought this game 2 days ago, couldn't stop playing. Single player is an absolute masterpiece. Just started MP and it is fantastic fun! #love

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Vikings - Wolves of Midgard Trailer
2. Re: Vikings - Wolves of Midgard Trailer Jan 14, 2017, 02:53 Quinn

Sold.

The crazy amount of fun I'm having with Dungeons II assures me this game will be a solid piece of entertainment as well.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > For Honor Closed Beta This Month
5. Re: For Honor Closed Beta This Month Jan 11, 2017, 13:27 Quinn

thecakeisalie wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 09:49:
Poor balance, input lag, Peer-to-Peer networking for multiplayer on PC and a control scheme that is a bit wonky with mouse and keyboard. Basically, it has a near terminal case of consolitis. It seems much more suited towards consoles and control controllers and the Peer-to-Peer networking model would have less impact with consoles I think vs PC.

Personally, I would wait for the reviews before picking this up. I didn't enjoy the brief time I was able to play in a previous playtest on PC. It's possible that they may have fixed some of the issues that people pointed out back then but I'd advise waiting.

In that case I really hope to be selected for Closed Beta. While watching gameplay vids I was already wondering how they'd do the stances with the different directions of defense and attack with M/KB.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > For Honor Closed Beta This Month
1. Re: For Honor Closed Beta This Month Jan 11, 2017, 01:40 Quinn

I signed up for this early last weekend. I think the game will be similar in stroy-telling as games like The Cursed Crusade and so will be awfully linear and maybe even incredibly shallow.
I am however bored out of my nuts lately so hell, looking forward to this nevertheless.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 9, 2017, 17:43 Quinn

You know what game I'd love to see on that list?

Dungeons 2

Bought it during wintersale and WHAT THE FUCK?! It's THE Dungeons Keeper successor I had never before looked into. I think in the whole year of 2016, maybe 2 or 3 other games gave me as much joy as Dungeons 2. Played it 10 hours straight. After a few more hours I finished it, went to the store and bought all DLC.

Want a Dungeons Keeper 3? Get Dungeons 2.
It's fucking hilarious as well.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > No Mass Effect: Andromeda Season Pass
37. Re: No Mass Effect: Andromeda Season Pass Jan 9, 2017, 14:15 Quinn

|RaptoR| wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 12:21:
Quinn wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 10:50:
Slammed? You think "it's it's" is actually correct?

Whether or not it's correct is irrelevant -- you can understand the spirit/meaning of it, and that's what matters. We're not writing reports or publishing studies here, forums follow conversational english and the meaning is clear in context.

Ah, in that case I agree. Misinterpreted it a bit.

Grammar whoring in these online communities is very silly, indeed. Also because of the fuckton of foreign people. I'm Dutch myself and the whole "'s" rule is different in Dutch so I can see Dutch geniuses even make that mistake in English.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > No Mass Effect: Andromeda Season Pass
30. Re: No Mass Effect: Andromeda Season Pass Jan 9, 2017, 10:50 Quinn

Slick wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 01:37:
|RaptoR| wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 01:31:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 20:58:
Slick wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 16:53:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 15:45:
Slick wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 15:14:
I'll second that the SP campaign of TF2 was incredible, rival's DOOM. It's it's own thing, not doom-esque, but still amazing.

Dude, first a serious question: Did you, like ever in your whole fucking life, get to see a school from the inside?

Also, Doom's SP campaign that has a "story" that can be written down on the fraction of a wet paper napkin was "incredible"? OK. I've become used to extremely low standards around these parts of the net but seriously, d00d...

lol

I can see one spelling mistake, "rival's" should be "rivals". Is that what you're harping on about?

"It's it's" is perfectly comprehensible, It is, it's own thing. too complicated for your child-like mind?

You gotta be fucking shittin' me bro!
"It's it's" is like the dumbest motherfucking mistake one could possibly make since it is so obviously wrong that "it's" and "it's" can not be in the same sentence like that. The correct one is "It's its... blahblah", of course. Because "it's" = it is and its = possessive reflexive pronoun. Jesus H Christ, dude. English ain't even my first language and even I nubcake know this shit. Goddammit!

So, did you ever go to school? Yes or no?

Also, of course, I didn't play Doom 'cept the demo cuz I'm not retarded. The single player sucked ass. It's just a dumbass shoot'em up. It would do every other game a disservice to call that shit a "campaign". It's a loose arrangement of shooting gallery levels is what it is. And you know I'm right and always will be, forever after,
amen, brother!

You know what's dumber than not understanding "It's it's" in context? Commenting on how shitty a game is after admitting that you never played it.

SLAMMED.

Also, I think we're pretty far down the beef list to be getting mad at punctuation.

Infact, as a protest, I'm going to go back to not capitalizing anything.

you brought this on yourself.

Slammed? You think "it's it's" is actually correct?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Free Content
5. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Free Content Jan 6, 2017, 22:36 Quinn

While I loved the game, it takes effort to remember the plot let alone the ending. I actually expected there'd be a good story DLC by now. Wtf.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Overwatch Nerfs Detailed
5. Re: Overwatch Nerfs Detailed Jan 6, 2017, 13:02 Quinn

Targets are now pulled directly in front of Roadhog (rather than straight to him)

I have read this line over and over and over and over and over again... but I still don't see the difference.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda in March
47. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 17:11 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 16:39:
Quinn wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 12:12:
Dude, since those so-called racial/homophobic comments have been moderated (what, removed or whatever you mean?), there's really no knowing what it is I said.

Show me one of these comments where I'm such a racist, Islamophobe (guess that's what you're getting at with "cultural"?) or homophobe. 100% certain it's yourself who reads racist, Islamophobic or homophobic shit into it.

Yeah I'm going to waste time on what is readily apparent, even in this thread. Go on blaming everyone else for your prejudices, maybe one day you'll even convince yourself.

You've trapped yourself and you know it. Time and time again with that endless, bullshit crusade of yours.

Jivaro wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 16:01:
No, you are homophobes if you think the act of including a gay person in a fictional story is a moral lesson.

Not to me, but it's certainly in there to make a point whether you need it or not. Unless, of course, you believe that there are no homophobes in the world. But that'd make you kinda insane considering the good fight you think you're fighting here.

Anyway it's obvious a small handful of you guys have made up your mind: people who aren't particularly appreciative of unsubtle "moral lessons" (or whatever you wanna call it) in entertainment are fascists/racists/[insert label]. It's an absolute conversation stopper. You're either with or against you people.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

42. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 15:40 Quinn

Slick wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 14:53:
I think the whole argument this thread has turned into stems from what one person referred to as "forced".

At no point were you "forced" to be gay in that game. You were "forced" to see that gay characters exist in the same universe that you do, and that's about it. So yes, the arguments made against this are correct, it's homophobic. If you think that being "forced" to exist in a game at the same time that gay characters are present, that's homophobic. Different strokes folks, if you haven't gotten the memo by now, you're pretty far behind. This kind of thinking is akin to the white supremacists who want a white ethno-state in America. They actually say stuff like "I respect black people, they're aware of their history, and their culture, we want the same for white people. We also want a place of our own, like the jews have in Israel." It almost seems benign on the surface, until you think about it for 5 seconds. Ideally wanting to share your town, country, planet only with people of a racial or sexual identity that you're "okay" with is fascism.

And here we have another one who exaggerates and misrepresents + thinks (with fucking insane bravado) that he knows EXACTLY what someone else believes, thinks and feels based on one tiny fucking thing that got the little guy triggered. Starting to see the pattern yet folks? We aren't just people who believe that moral lessons in entertainment should be subtle and good instead of in your face all the time and half-assed. Oh no, we are white-supremacist fascists. Oh, and homophobes.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

32. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 12:12 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 11:59:
Quinn wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 10:56:
Using one's own experiences in arguments is usually a weak and stupid thing to do, except for some cases. When someone claims you're a racist toward black people and you tell them you have black friends, it's really not as ridiculous a point as many SJWs claim it to be. Same here. You claim to know me better than I know myself by telling me I'm a homophobe. If I was, however, I'd have an issue with having gay people around me. I obviously don't. Unlike many, however, I don't think being gay is somehow better or cooler than being hetero. I'm actually indifferent about it.

You've had numerous comments moderated regarding other races, cultures and sexual preferences. You can protest all you want but the proof is in the pudding, you reveal yourself with every ignorant comment like you did in this thread, claiming gay choices were being forced on you and only backing down when others prove otherwise. "battle of semantics", what a cop out.

Dude, since those so-called racial/homophobic comments have been moderated (what, removed or whatever you mean?), there's really no knowing what it is I said.

Show me one of these comments where I'm such a racist, Islamophobe (guess that's what you're getting at with "cultural"?) or homophobe. 100% certain it's yourself who reads racist, Islamophobic or homophobic shit into it.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

29. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 11:50 Quinn

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 11:37:
Jivaro wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 10:17:
We all have gay friends, whether we are aware of it or not. Why do people feel like they need to preface their ridiculous excuses for homophobia with that as if they achieved a mystery Boy Scout patch for allowing people to exist in their presence that would have existed anyway?

The idea that these human beings wouldn't/shouldn't be represented in our fictional or non-fictional entertainment is ridiculous. The fact that they are today becoming less of a headline and more the norm only highlights how fucking backwards we were as a culture previously.

Mass Effect forces nothing on you except maybe the acknowledgement that someone or multiple someones in the game might be gay. If that bothers you...than you aren't any gay person's friend. You simply tolerate their existence. Get over yourself.

+1

+1? Alright, let's analyze:

We all have gay friends, whether we are aware of it or not. Why do people feel like they need to preface their ridiculous excuses for homophobia with that as if they achieved a mystery Boy Scout patch for allowing people to exist in their presence that would have existed anyway?

The key thing in the argument "I have no problem with gay people" or "I have gay friends" is that you do know they are gay, of course. If you are completely fine with gay people or if you even have gay friends, you are literally by definition not a fucking homophobe. It's not a damn mantra I'm shouting off rooftops -- it's reactionary to people labeling me as a homophobe.

The idea that these human beings wouldn't/shouldn't be represented in our fictional or non-fictional entertainment is ridiculous.

Who said this in this thread? It's a red herring. It's unnecessary to misrepresent someone's POV and as I said earlier, it's something people tend to do when they religiously believe they are morally superior.

The fact that they are today becoming less of a headline and more the norm only highlights how fucking backwards we were as a culture previously.

I totally agree.

Mass Effect forces nothing on you except maybe the acknowledgement that someone or multiple someones in the game might be gay. If that bothers you..

It doesn't. Never said that that's what bothered me. What bothered me was the unsubtleness of Steve's character. It screamed "GAY PPL ARE NORMALLLL AND ALL OF YOU HOMOPHOBES SHOULD KNOW THISSSS!" to me, which can at some point become annoying for someone who doesn't need that lesson. That's all. (EDIT: allow me to steal Mashiki Amiketo's link he posted above. These 2 fat gamers got it right, imo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGLPodSLV1M&feature=youtu.be&t=27m50s)

Congrats for getting the brownie-point from RedEye9 though.

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2017, 12:05.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

27. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 10:56 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 09:21:
Quinn wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 04:27:
While I mostly agree with you, people like you should also be careful not to misrepresent and exaggerate what the other is actually saying. Like the SJW's who scream "racist!" the moment someone says they dislike the BLM movement,for example.

You don't have to be a homophobe if you believe that gayness was forced upon you in Mass Effect. I agree with the guy. You can call me whatever you want, or say that I lack introspection, but all I can say to that is that I am perfectly comfortable around gay people and have some gay colleagues around me daily that I find extremely enjoyable people. Still I also observed a sense of "forced upon"-ness. A "look how incredibly morally amazing we are" type of message. Hell, maybe that's a good thing and necessary to give some perspective to actual homophobes. I don't know. Whatever the case, it felt forced upon to me and sometimes it can be kinda tiresome having to battle Social Justice Warriors all of the time because they have the delusion of being able to read people's minds and feelings.

The guy with incredibly racist and homophobic comments in his history saying "I totally have gay friends so my obviously homophobic view point are ok" is just meaningless bullshit and very transparent.

There was nothing forced on the player. Are you unable to comprehend what the word force means? You would have no choice. There were choices in the game for straight players, gay players and bi players. Nothing was forced on anyone at any time. The fact that you think offering others options is you being forced to do something screams about your internal thoughts on the matter and how insensitive you are. Let's be fucking blunt here. You just don't want to see other options because they threaten your world view. You would prefer they put a tickbox at the very beginning of the game saying "Please don't even hint any gayness, I am too fucking immature".

When the game forces you to romance a gay dude, you are being forced. The games have clearly delineated romance breakpoints and they never force you to do anything. It's fine to say you think the game is moralizing to you and that it's obnoxious. It's not ok to falsely claim the game is forcing anything on the player.

Using one's own experiences in arguments is usually a weak and stupid thing to do, except for some cases. When someone claims you're a racist toward black people and you tell them you have black friends, it's really not as ridiculous a point as many SJWs claim it to be. Same here. You claim to know me better than I know myself by telling me I'm a homophobe. If I was, however, I'd have an issue with having gay people around me. I obviously don't. Unlike many, however, I don't think being gay is somehow better or cooler than being hetero. I'm actually indifferent about it.

You are right about one thing: in a battle of semantics, I shouldn't have used the word "forced". What I meant was that they forced their awesome moral compass down my throat. But KNOW, because this is important, that I am solely talking about Mass Effect 3; solely talking about Steve. I'm sure his character was the victim of a terrible deadline, but whatever. Also note that nowhere did I mention I had a problem with the available gay romance options. Nowhere.

But hey, you know what's funny? You are doing exactly what I advised the other guy not to do: exaggerating and misrepresenting another's POV plus deluding yourself that you can read my mind and my feelings. This argument is about me and how I feel, so you are in a fucking huge disadvantage here. I am telling you that I am no homophobe. If you believe I am, somehow, then there is nothing I can say or do to change your mind.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

17. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 04:27 Quinn

NKD wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 02:29:
I never once felt bothered by the gay romance options, or felt like they were trying to force it upon me.

I think some people could do with a little introspection about why certain things bug them more than they bug other people. Is it really trying to "convince you that you need to be gay"? If not, then why are you emotionally driven to exaggeration by it? Were you also bothered by the romance options that, while straight, weren't the ones you were interested in? Why did only the gay ones bother you?

A lot of the problems we have as humans stem from a lack of introspection. We don't examine why we feel the way we do about things. Some people feel strongly about some gay content in their games, but they don't examine why. They often get defensive about it too, and vigorously deny hating gay people.

"I don't hate gays, but I don't ever want to be reminded they exist or that I share the same world with them. If I am, I'll scream bloody murder about it being forced upon me." seems to be a popular opinion among gamers when it comes to gay content in games.

While I mostly agree with you, people like you should also be careful not to misrepresent and exaggerate what the other is actually saying. Like the SJW's who scream "racist!" the moment someone says they dislike the BLM movement,for example.

You don't have to be a homophobe if you believe that gayness was forced upon you in Mass Effect. I agree with the guy. You can call me whatever you want, or say that I lack introspection, but all I can say to that is that I am perfectly comfortable around gay people and have some gay colleagues around me daily that I find extremely enjoyable people. Still I also observed a sense of "forced upon"-ness. A "look how incredibly morally amazing we are" type of message. Hell, maybe that's a good thing and necessary to give some perspective to actual homophobes. I don't know. Whatever the case, it felt forced upon to me and sometimes it can be kinda tiresome having to battle Social Justice Warriors all of the time because they have the delusion of being able to read people's minds and feelings.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
12. Re: Vampyr Trailer Dec 25, 2016, 08:00 Quinn

Actually looking forward to this game a lot. I realize that the older I get, the more I wish for story-based action games that are more linear and less openworld/sandbox.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
5. Re: Vampyr Trailer Dec 23, 2016, 20:05 Quinn

Acleacius wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 18:07:
I saw the original trailer released a couple of months ago. The big problems seem to be the Lore. Not to mention their previous game Life is Strange was so binary (i.e. final choice).

In this game afai can see, if you feed you kill. No matter your whether your playing good or evil. It seems a ridiculous, since vampires obviously need living healthy humans. Lore which kills every time you feed obviously destroys your food source, duh.

I do really enjoy the different art styles their games offer. Just they seriously need to spend more time on their writing or hire new ones. If they can't pull off the scenarios and general dialog, then it won't matter if they have a great story lines.

In what world do you live? The concept of having to kill your prey in order to feed isn't that alien to me...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale Thursday?
8. Re: Steam Winter Sale Thursday? Dec 20, 2016, 17:30 Quinn

Saboth wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 17:18:
They need to find a way to make them fun again. The price reductions amount to about 50% off, even if they say 75% off, because they take 3 year old games and state the price is still $60. Better than nothing, but games that would have been $1-$2 in the past rarely go below $5 now. $5 seems to be the floor for pretty much any game that isn't shovelware.

I agree. Season sale is dead. 4 years ago, I literally set my alarm in the middle of the night to check the new flash sales. It was all just crazy exciting.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Dishonored 2 New Game Plus Mode Released
6. Re: Dishonored 2 New Game Plus Mode Released Dec 20, 2016, 01:57 Quinn

fds wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 00:30:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 21:48:
Whew, thankfully bethesda aren't a bunch of dumbasses who would post major spoilers of the game, in a press release.

What do you mean? I have reread the whole thing multiple times and there's not a hint of a spoiler in it. All it contains is a brief description of the non-interactive intro sequence at the very beginning of the game.

I think he somehow wasn't being sarcastic.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Styx: Shards of Darkness Trailer
2. Re: Styx: Shards of Darkness Trailer Dec 15, 2016, 18:38 Quinn

They seem really invested in the IP they've created. Of Orcs And Men was an interesting game set in an interesting world. Styx was good in a way that the gameplay felt like the golden age of stealth games, where the approach you chose depended moreso on your own creativity and less on the set and predetermined paths. Styx couldn't hold my interest when the game's story didn't interest me enough to hold on when the game let go of it's linearity by giving you a base of operstions and multiple dofferent maps to start in your own order.

Still interested in this sequel, somehow. I admire their investment in this IP and I want them to succeed.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2440 Comments. 122 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo