Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2124 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
70. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 14, 2015, 23:18 Quinn

OpticNerve wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 17:39:
Some really useful tips that I've found, posted from another thread:

OpticNerve wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 04:09:
- Pressing the E key is the same as pressing the Enter key in most prompts.

- Holding down Shift and using WASD is the same as using the arrow keys in certain menus. Very handy in Build mode.

- Holding down the E key when you have an object selected in Build mode will allow you to use the mouse wheel to raise/lower the object as well as decrease the spin and movement speed of said object.

- Dogmeat (and other companions) can equip certain gear if you trade it with him and get him to equip it (T key). From a quick test, so far Dogmeat can equip welding goggles, bandanas and various dog collars. Saw a screenshot of him armored up so some armors might work.

- Holding down Tab turns on the Pipboy light/Power Armor Headlamp.

- Vegetable Starch is the answer for all your Adhesive needs.

Also, someone's found a way to get building objects to clip through the environment/other building parts in Build mode. This essentially allows you to build any object on any Settlement surface and will allow people to build REALLY elaborate bases now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI5CMilouHY (hold down the E key to select all attached objects)

Wow, thanks mate! Some really useful tips in there!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
97. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 18:25 Quinn

After playing for a whole day, my verdict can be expressed in one short sentence: This looks and feels like Fallout 3.5.

There's nothing new except for stuff that could've been modded in. Graphics are better, but let's simply not fool oirselces. Bugs are fucking EVERYWHERE if you have a strong PC and a high refresh rate monitor. It's a horrible port.
But... Since it's Fallout 3.5 it means it's still Fallout. So... it's still fun to play.

GotY? Give me a fucking break, o fantards.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Campaign Trailer
4. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Campaign Trailer Nov 12, 2015, 15:23 Quinn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 13:47:
This looks pretty interesting, actually. What's with the suddenly(seemingly) interest in Mordheim/Warhammer Rat Bashing games?

Both this and Vermintide seem pretty sweet at a glance, although I'm not overly familiar with this setting.

Only knock against Vermintide seems to be its grindy nature, and this is still in Early Access, so anybody out there have first hand experience/recommendation for either/both games?

To me, having bought and playwd Vermintide, I'd say it's a must-have-but-not-yet game. Why? Well, definitely not because of any of the dumbshit arguments of Worth-a-Buy. Like you said: It's the grindy nature. The loot system is flawed. I'll go in a little bit of detail:

At the end of each match, you literally roll dice. The better the roll, the better the piece. Yoi have better chances of better rolls when you have more dice, and you can find said dice hidden in the match. The positions are set. So what happens? Everyone plays the easy map, where they know where to find the roll amplifiers. And not only that, but the player called.. Lets say "Daisy"... has been playing with his dick the entire match instead of with the game. But Daisy wins an epic weapon, while Jonathan has been sweating and doing headshots and rolled 1. Player skill has no influence on loot.

That's the flaws of the game. The devs know this and are actively working on completely revamping the loot ergo grinding issue.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

61. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 12, 2015, 12:32 Quinn

30 minutes into the game, first bug: completely stuck after interacting with the Overseer's terminal. Had to reload. Twice.

No big deal though. Great first impressions!

Best impression? Codsworth actually calling me "Mr. Quinn".

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible
17. Re: System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible Nov 12, 2015, 12:28 Quinn

"I-I-I I am Sh-Sh-Shodan..-an..."

I'm so happy with this news, it feels like I'm in love.

System Shock 2 was my anchor in a confusing world where pubic hair was a new experience. Nostalgia hits me hard every time I just read or hear the title.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
120. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 11, 2015, 14:59 Quinn

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 09:45:
Quinn wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 09:12:
You just wait. The GMG expired coupon will either be replaced by a new one in a second, OR they'll just ditch the coupon for a short while and the game will simply be 20% off as it is at right about every other site (20% off if you compare it with the 60 dollar pricetag).

Lets wait and see who's right, shall we?
Quinn
I am trying to understand what your point is here.
The standard prices of games is $60 US.
What's that got to do with the coupon or sale prices on GMG.
You seem to confuse standard regular prices of games with sale prices offered by a 3rd party website.

It's kind of like saying well from now on I will take the Mexican or Russian game prices as standard because for me that is a fair price and every other place is just over price everything so they can mind fuck people into thinking they are buying something on sale with a coupon.

In North America the standard regular price of games is $60US and it's regional equivalent based on currency exchange rate. This is not up to debate.

My only point was born from the often excited comments of "hey look with this coupon its 20% off on GMG". My point was that that's nothing special because it may be a 20% coupon, but it's 20% off 60 bucks. There's dozens of sites out there where the game is just around 48 dollars/euros without that marketing trick. See the link I posted earlier. So, 20% off on 60 bucks with a coupon just a marketing mindfuck, like 14,99 instead of just 15,00.

That was all. That was it. But it was blown up.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

119. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 11, 2015, 14:53 Quinn

Hey, it's that guy. Talking shit about others. It's what he does.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

115. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 11, 2015, 09:12 Quinn

descender wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 09:03:
I'm fairly certain you're supposed to refer to them as "gotcha" questions when people prompt you for facts and you can't back them up.

You just wait. The GMG expired coupon will either be replaced by a new one in a second, OR they'll just ditch the coupon for a short while and the game will simply be 20% off as it is at right about every other site (20% off if you compare it with the 60 dollar pricetag).

Lets wait and see who's right, shall we?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

113. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 11, 2015, 08:51 Quinn

Great White Shark wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 22:55:
Quinn wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 14:02:
Lost my train of thought later on into the discussion. My original point was, ffs, that like all other sellers out there (see link in earlier post), GMG normally wouldn't require a fucking coupon code for it to be in the 45-50 dollar price range. They just apply the discount off of the ludicrous 60 bucks. Only when they do this coupon shite, it's suddenly 60 bucks. It's a cheap mindfuck people fall for.

The "cheap mindfuck" is that you can't seem to count but despite that, you were given every opportunity to gracefully admit you were wrong and move on. Instead you decided to plow on with stupid comment after stupid comment in some misguided effort to save face which had the opposite effect. Learn a lesson from this and I think you owe everyone an apology.

Can't seem to count? You obviously didn't get the point I was making. That's alright. I'm reminded of the uselessness of trying to have a debate here without having to fight your way through straw men and red herrings as people try to hog the debate with their pseudo-comical or insulting remarks.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

15. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 11, 2015, 01:40 Quinn

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 23:06:

As for editing three files, meh, took me about five minutes to edit and add. Isn't that one of the perks of PC gaming?

No. One of its perks isn't the tedium of trying to fix something that's broken or missing. One of its perks is adjusting something that's already good to your own tastes or improving it.

A missing FOV slider or mouse acceleration options and having to forcibly change them in an ini file is just lazy shit that should not be expected of a PC gamer by default, regardless of how long it takes or hard it is to edit.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

107. removed Nov 10, 2015, 15:27 Quinn

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 10, 2015, 16:57.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

104. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 10, 2015, 14:02 Quinn

Lost my train of thought later on into the discussion. My original point was, ffs, that like all other sellers out there (see link in earlier post), GMG normally wouldn't require a fucking coupon code for it to be in the 45-50 dollar price range. They just apply the discount off of the ludicrous 60 bucks. Only when they do this coupon shite, it's suddenly 60 bucks. It's a cheap mindfuck people fall for.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

102. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 10, 2015, 12:28 Quinn

Razumen wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 11:51:
Quinn wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 11:28:
descender wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 11:20:
What planet do you live on Quinn? The AAA launch price for PC games has been $60 for almost a decade.

Give it up already.

No idea where you buy your games, but that's bullshit to the core.

Proof: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/448594/fallout-4-pc-(windows).html

Um...The lowest price there is discounted from 59.99, if anything you're just disproving your own point.

Of course it's always "discounted". That's just it: it always is. Never in my life have I ever seen it hit as high as Steam's joke of a price. If this is GMG's way of pricing their games, I wouldn't even know the seller. Sellers just conveniently use Steam's ridiculous price as their default to make you think their "discount" is awesome. People fall for it, obviously.

Luckily, they too know they can only pull this shit off in the first week or so. I'll buy this game a few days after release, when it's closer to 35/40 euros. It'll still be 60 on Steam by then, duh.

If you havve ever paid similar to 60 euros for a game,the joke is on you. It's no default.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

97. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 10, 2015, 11:45 Quinn

descender wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 11:33:

Your looking at a list of shady 3rd party steam key websites... those aren't real retail prices.

Bol.com, dude? Shady 3rd party? Fuck off, you played your cards.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

96. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 10, 2015, 11:43 Quinn

descender wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 11:33:
How many more times do you want to change which currency and what country you are talking about to fit your ridiculous argument?

Your looking at a list of shady 3rd party steam key websites... those aren't real retail prices.

Listen, see link. Price going beyond 50 basically shouldn't happen. Online, too, it never happens. On GMG, my game prices never go beyond 50 euros (if it did, I'd forget about GMG). But with hyped games, they sometimes pull of this "lets make it 20% or so more expensive while give it a 20% discount".

It happens everywhere. It's nothing new. Somehow people fall for it and try to make me look like I'm delusional. Again, click the link in my earlier comment.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

93. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 10, 2015, 11:28 Quinn

descender wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 11:20:
What planet do you live on Quinn? The AAA launch price for PC games has been $60 for almost a decade.

Give it up already.

No idea where you buy your games, but that's bullshit to the core.

Proof: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/448594/fallout-4-pc-(windows).html

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

91. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 10, 2015, 11:19 Quinn

Great White Shark wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 07:45:
Quinn wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 17:04:
Whatever. Mark my words, once that coupon period is expired (if it's ever) the game will be between 45 and 50 bucks again.

Seriously do you EVER pay 60 bucks for a game? Like, ever? It's not the default price.
Unless, of course, there's a "discount" on it.

Why is it so difficult for you to admit that you're wrong? Even if $50 is the new norm they are still coming in cheaper than that with their discount and cheaper than other vendors. It's a good price for a brand new AAA game and they're a good vendor, stop whining and enjoy it.

US dollars I'm talking about. The default price is 50 dollars max. Now there's a 20% discount and suddenly they pretend like the default price is 60 dollars. I never see 60 dollars as a default price. That's console numbers, not PC.

Edit: correction, talking Euros. There's basically no difference between US and EU anymore though.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2015, 11:27.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
36. Re: Game Reviews Nov 10, 2015, 02:22 Quinn

nin wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 13:58:
El Pit wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 13:21:
EDIT: I'm sorry to become part of the slowly growing choir, but I join in singing the song that the negativity here is growing.

I'm so tired of it. These few people do their best to suck every bit of fun out of our hobby. No matter what's offered "it's shit". Nothing is ever good enough. They (cutter, luke) go into every thread and shit all over everything...we have people that register with no plan other than flinging shit (great white shark).

It's past time for something to happen.

Cry me a fucking river, nin. Most of us keep their insults to the game product. It's only a very select few -- yes, you definitely included -- who if they ever talk shit, it's about Bluesnews members.

Which is worse?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

88. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 9, 2015, 18:05 Quinn

Razumen wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 17:44:
Quinn wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 17:04:
Razumen wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 13:27:
Quinn wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:22:
Sgt. Rock wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 07:42:
If anyone wants to check out the graphics themselves. You can get 20% discount over at GreenManGaming with this code: SAVE20-NOVEMB-GAMING.

How can ppl possible fall for this shit? They release a 20% off coupon, but while that coupon lasts, the game is obviously 20% pricier. Stop falling for that shit.

It's $80 on Steam and 60 on GMG, without the coupon. Do you even read?

Whatever. Mark my words, once that coupon period is expired (if it's ever) the game will be between 45 and 50 bucks again.

Seriously do you EVER pay 60 bucks for a game? Like, ever? It's not the default price.

Yes, $60 is pretty much the lowest default price for new AAA title video games here in Canada, actually, it's even higher now, like I said.

Please, you really don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, $45,- is pretty much the lowest default price for new AAA title video games here in The Netherlands.

Please, you really don't know what you're talking about.

T_T

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

86. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 9, 2015, 17:04 Quinn

Razumen wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 13:27:
Quinn wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:22:
Sgt. Rock wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 07:42:
If anyone wants to check out the graphics themselves. You can get 20% discount over at GreenManGaming with this code: SAVE20-NOVEMB-GAMING.

How can ppl possible fall for this shit? They release a 20% off coupon, but while that coupon lasts, the game is obviously 20% pricier. Stop falling for that shit.

It's $80 on Steam and 60 on GMG, without the coupon. Do you even read?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2124 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo