Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2123 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Specs
3. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 11:00 Quinn

jomisab wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 10:24:
Hmmm...no mention of Windows 10.

Hehe wtf?

Windows 10 here. Looking forward to this indulger of vandalism. Looks fucking neat!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2015, 18:29 Quinn

Retired wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 16:59:
Verno wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 09:11:
The dialog mod is essential, its such a small change but makes a huge difference.

Link?

/Having a blast with the game just exploring still, trying to hold off on doing Diamond City - probably going to be OP when I get there, but I am doing so much stuff that I don't have a direct need to do MORE stuff.

Taking my time.

My big advice before you've picked the Commonwealth clean: Go to Diamond City, follow that main quest until something in the sky will definitely catch your eye. After that, go about your business again freely.

Seriously, take the advice. I would've wanted someone to give it to me. And, indeed, otherwise you will be OP.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
72. Re: Old Jedi games... Nov 22, 2015, 22:25 Quinn

Ant wrote on Nov 22, 2015, 17:30:
siapnar wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 15:57:
edaciousx wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 13:40:
clearly you never played jedi knight online.
Jedi Knight Academy?

Yeah you're probably right. I heard it was fantastic. I played Outcast only, for some reason
Yes, outdated but fun. I still have this game installed even though I haven't touched it for years!

Jedi Outcast wss epic. Those FFA online sessions. There was an unwritten rule that if your saber was off, you were left alone. Sometimes someone didn't follow those rules, and then that someone was hunted down by everyone.
There were also the kicking duels. Those were great too.
God, those were good times.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
63. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 22, 2015, 14:03 Quinn

Great White Shark wrote on Nov 22, 2015, 06:51:
You're not even trying if you only found 3 suits. The game gives you 2 in the first 10 hours, one literally and the other is sitting right near the starting area.

What am I not even trying? Finding suits? If that's what you mean, then you're correct -- if I run into them, I bring them back to Sanctuary. I'm not actively trying to find them, indeed.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
36. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 22, 2015, 05:19 Quinn

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 17:00:
WorthABuy is absurd. That moron plays on the easiest difficulty levels then complains that the game isn't very challenging. That's also COMPLETELY IGNORING that easy combat isn't the problem they yanked the game for. In fact, this exact argument exacerbates what I'm saying on here: this game can't win with you guys, ever. Oh, they pretty much sorted out the performance issues? I'm gonna post a video where a guy cries about the easy combat in Easy mode!

It wouldn't matter if they got SLI support, you'd bitch that they didn't put in VR support or something even more obscure. It's not JUST Batman, although it's getting the lion's share of vitriol. Read almost any post on Blue's lately and it's not clever, or funny, it's just angry angry people. When did you all stop liking games?

The absolute worst thing of his reviews which is seen in the Arkham Knight review as well, is that he complaints about shit that's obviously his lack of skill. Perfect example is the part where he has to jump his batmobile across a gap. He fucked up in all ways. He didn't realize he could use the remote batmobile skill, for one, and also did he fuck up horribly with that mechanism thing.

I loved WaB once. I fucking hate the dumb arse now.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

60. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 22, 2015, 04:31 Quinn

Retired wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 20:10:
Kind of a spoiler map, but shows where to get all power ups, including armours. There are I guess 50? Power Armours. So I am excited to make a monument to power armour in Sanctuary.

I'm like 50 hours in and only found 3 suits! Apart from the performance issue one other tiny gripe I have is that it looks like it's balanced for consoles or something. I slice through this game like a warm knife through butter, even after cranking it up to Very Hard.

The Luck trait is crazy good. Crazy good!

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2015, 04:37.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

57. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 19:25 Quinn

Great White Shark wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 13:10:
Quinn wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 08:31:
So, yeah.. as you so charmingly express: GTFO with that shit. "I have no issues, ergo everything is great and the problem is you" is one of the biggest fallacies people trap themselves in.

You experiencing a problem doesn't mean its everyones responsibility to fix or listen to your whining, especially when you're a rude little monkey about it. Go fix your own shit, you consciously decided to override the defaults knowing the consequences and you get to deal with it by waiting for a patch or changing it back.

You frustrate me horribly. You are not listening. I decided to override because if I didn't, the issues I'd encounter would be even worse.

I'm done with you, tbh. I'm talking to a wall. An angry, annoying wall.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

50. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 08:31 Quinn

Great White Shark wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 08:21:
Zip your trap junior unless you wanna us to get real. Some of us defended your poorly written shit heap of a post because we believe in the platform but that doesn't give you license to mouth off everyone else. You spent 50 posts the other day arguing about a price that you knew was wrong because you failed to read before posting so you can GTFO with that shit.

Wow, wow there, boy. Easy now! That whole example you mention was another classic case of people reading like an ass-hat and completely missing my point and/or turning the point into something else entirely with cheap debate tricks I have already mentioned. Don't put words in my mouth. Don't talk shit. Read. Think. Respond.

"Fallout 4 is not a bad port" is a subjective statement that sounds like utter fucking bullshit for the people who are actually experiencing issues that, to some, can be considered game-breaking. We're talking about issues where people with lower end PCs have better performance than people who invest 1,5k into their system every 3 years. So, yeah.. as you so charmingly express: GTFO with that shit. "I have no issues, ergo everything is great and the problem is you" is one of the biggest fallacies people trap themselves in.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
141. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 21, 2015, 04:53 Quinn

You can obviously insult Krovven by saying he's a wart. Where is the line drawn, Blue? A... fucking.. ward? Maybe? An idiot wart? A fucking idiot wart? A fucking idiot?

You know what my theory is? And I could be wrong, of course. But I think some pussies here report to you when they're being confronted for being assholes. You don't wanna ignore the reports, so you remove the comment they report.

This or that, Verno just insulted Krovven. Act on it? =)

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

48. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 03:54 Quinn

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 01:05:
Regardless of any of that, there's still no reason anyone needs to run the game at 90+ fps, and there was no reason for them to spend time making that possible when there were a million other more important things to use that time for.

Game has been running great for me. I have a mid-tier gaming machine (couple year old i7, R9 390, 8GB RAM), and I haven't had any problems with stuttering in or out of the city. Just the weird weapon switch thing, and some strange pipboy graphics glitches when in sneak mode with chameleon armor active

Hopefully the patch fixes things and doesn't create any new issues. I'll probably just let it autoupdate and see how it goes.

The problem with many of you is actually reading, and then thinking, before responding. I make those same mistakes sometimes because I feel too strongly.

Listen carefully. The reason I capped my game to 90fps is because it went fucking nuts if it unintentionally went beyond that. If I used the original fps cap, the input lag would somehow make it look like the game ran at 40fps instead of 72 (which is the actual cap. Not 60.). I did some RESEARCH on the internet, and some geniuses did some tests with shooting assault rifles in the game and realized thst 90fps was the goldilock cap for this game. THAT'S why I capped it at 90fps.

But, you know what fucking sickens me most about some of you? Like.. really makes me wanna throw up in my mouth? The fact that you take the side of a lazy ass dev in the case where the game runs like shit for a PC gamer that invests hard-earned cash in almost the best hardware available.

Just fucking read. Then think. Then respond.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

43. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 18:53 Quinn

ventry wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 17:18:
Aero wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 19:27:
I'd say there's about a 75% chance if I use a terminal, I'll get stuck to it. I understand that's common enough to cast some serious doubt over their QA effort.

Well that's the funny thing.
I have never been stuck to a terminal.
My 2 sons have never been stuck to a terminal.
My friends son has never been stuck to a terminal.

It's funny indeed, because the reason some people are getting stuck is because their hardware is "too good". Google it. You're fucked if this game runs above 90fps.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

42. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 18:26 Quinn

Krovven wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 05:25:
Quinn wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 02:55:
My worst gripe is the ridiculous performance of this graphically mediocre looking game, especially around large clusters of buildings. There's just no excuse. The Witcher runs fucking flawless. There's just no excuse.

Have you done the ini tweaks? I'm at a solid 60fps (no drops ever) with Enhanced Wasteland gfx mod and everything set to max.

Whereas Witcher 3 I was 55fps before they started the endless stream of patches and have since lost 10fps.

Only done the tweak that caps the game at 90fps else the game flips out due to my 144hz monitor. The game runs like shit in center area of the map, the city. It sometimes goes completely fucking nuts. It isn't my hardware, because other better looking games like TW3 run like butter.

Any tips? :\

By the way, the funny thing is that when the game runs like utter shite... Looking through a scope makes it run silky smooth. At other times, when the game runs silky smooth, looking through a scope cripples performance. There's something wrong here. I heard some sounds about the 900 tier Nvidia cards having an issue with the game (or the other way around, most likely)? I have the GTX980...

I repeat: The game runs like a charm unless I enter Boston, where it runs like crippled ass.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2015, 18:35.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

18. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 02:55 Quinn

My worst gripe is the ridiculous performance of this graphically mediocre looking game, especially around large clusters of buildings. There's just no excuse. The Witcher runs fucking flawless. There's just no excuse.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Launch Trailer
6. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Launch Trailer Nov 19, 2015, 15:22 Quinn

grudgebearer wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 12:01:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 10:49:
This is basically a Warhammer Xcom game, with base building and all. Instead of clicking on where you want your guy to go and then watching him go, you actually move your guys around in third person until you have no more "movement" points. I like it, but it would work better with a first person view.

There's no base-building in the traditional sense. You have a warcamp that you manage your troops at, but it's out of the actual game.

I've had this game for awhile in early access, don't get this game unless you are ok with no saves, and brutal random deployments during ambushes that will cause your entire party to wipe.

The devs are catering to the "hardcore" crowd, and frequently cite Dark Souls for some of Mordheim's more punishing game systems.

That no-saves thing is too hardcore for my liking. Thanks for that info. It lifted my finger from the buy button.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

133. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 16, 2015, 17:17 Quinn

I keep hearing Garrus (Mass Effect) when male NPCs speak  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

131. Re: removed Nov 16, 2015, 16:20 Quinn

Krovven wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 21:19:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 16, 2015, 07:29.

I really don't want to wake old fires but... I read his comment. I'm baffled that it's removed :\ It was nothing.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
73. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 16, 2015, 16:17 Quinn

Verno wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 15:53:
I need a "clean homes" mod. I know its the post apocalypse and all but man people have some dirty ass homes. Rubble and shit just strewn about. If our basement looked like that my girlfriend would kill me in my sleep, let alone the living room or kitchen.

My biggest marvel so far is finding an intact toilet, they exist!

? This post makes the least sense ever.

The world went to shit 200+ years ago. Those toilets you're talking about had to weather a nuke and 200+ years of post-apocolyptic wasteland.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 16, 2015, 06:13 Quinn

Tip: If you feel like me... Like a purposeless wanderer generally feeling useless, just head to Diamond City already.

The game tells you to go there early on, but completionists like myself don't feel like simply crossing 50% of the map's length skipping everything in between. The thing is, in Diamond City the PLOT opens up. Do you, like me, need a strong plot as a backbone while you wander around purposely ignoring said plot as the completionist you are? Well, just head to Diamond City and jump back to Sanctuary after and continue from there.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 15, 2015, 20:19 Quinn

While I'm having a great time, I do feel Bethesda is getting off easy. Obviously all you need is the formula and some good level design guys.

1. It's Fallout 3.5;
2. Story remains thin for a long time;
3. Minuteman < Dovahkin;
4. If the (first?) map is the actual entire map, all I can say is "Is this it!?". Skyrim is or feels 10 times bigger.

I'm 27 hours in, though. There's allot to do and it's fun, but the only real immersion was once I found another vault (81). Now that was nice! The first 20 hours were just me running around cluelessly raising settlements and suddenly becoming a fucking general out of the blue. I probably also know where the main quest is going because any logical thinking person (which obviously the protagonist is not) should question whether what he's looking for is actually still there in his timeline.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
70. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 14, 2015, 23:18 Quinn

OpticNerve wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 17:39:
Some really useful tips that I've found, posted from another thread:

OpticNerve wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 04:09:
- Pressing the E key is the same as pressing the Enter key in most prompts.

- Holding down Shift and using WASD is the same as using the arrow keys in certain menus. Very handy in Build mode.

- Holding down the E key when you have an object selected in Build mode will allow you to use the mouse wheel to raise/lower the object as well as decrease the spin and movement speed of said object.

- Dogmeat (and other companions) can equip certain gear if you trade it with him and get him to equip it (T key). From a quick test, so far Dogmeat can equip welding goggles, bandanas and various dog collars. Saw a screenshot of him armored up so some armors might work.

- Holding down Tab turns on the Pipboy light/Power Armor Headlamp.

- Vegetable Starch is the answer for all your Adhesive needs.

Also, someone's found a way to get building objects to clip through the environment/other building parts in Build mode. This essentially allows you to build any object on any Settlement surface and will allow people to build REALLY elaborate bases now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI5CMilouHY (hold down the E key to select all attached objects)

Wow, thanks mate! Some really useful tips in there!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2123 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo