Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2197 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer
15. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 21:47 Quinn

Can't get stoked about this. I am as reluctant to get excited about getting this game as getting back into a relationship with the girl that broke my heart.
That fucking ending.... T_T

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming
52. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Nov 2, 2016, 21:39 Quinn

SkyUI 2.2 downloaded on the previous Skyrim Nexus works absolutely fine apart from an easily to ignore SKSE error message.

Installed it today. Unbelievable how Bethesda didn't change the interface for PC since it's absolutely abhorrent and to me it makes the game damn near unplayable.

Thank baby Jesus for SkyUI.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Gold; Specs
15. Re: Dishonored 2 Gold; Specs Nov 1, 2016, 15:56 Quinn

MajorD wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 13:23:
Quinn wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 12:33:
Seen the gameplay vids. If this game doesn't make it to 144 frames per second on my GTX980, then it isn't optimized for PC.

Hmmmmmmm....how well do these games run on your GTX980/System: Rage, Wolfenstein: The New Order & The Old Blood, and The Evil Within?

Apparently Dishonored 2 runs off a modified version of idTech 5, so being modified I'm wondering how much more HP is now required with those modifications.

Additionally, I guess they had to switch from the Unreal Engine due to Bethesda publishing the game.

The game will run on Arkane's new internal "Void" engine, as opposed to Unreal Engine 3 that was previously used in Dishonored. The Void engine is based on id Tech 5,[nb 1] with art director Sebastien Mitton saying the team kept "[roughly] 20 percent" of the original engine.[21] Arkane removed unneeded elements from the engine like the mini open world and overhauled the graphics. The new engine is intended to improve in-game lighting and post-processing to help the game's visuals,[2] and allows the game to visualize subsurface scattering.[23]

All those games you mentioned, I hate their graphics and performance with kind of a passion. I can't and won't ever understand how those games weren't destroyed by PC gamers, although I do know Rage got a beating. Never enough, though. I was one of the very, very few people who complained about the bad Dishonored graphics. Or at least that's what it felt like.

Thanks for letting me know they use the same albeit adjusted engine. Ready to get underwhelmed.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Gold; Specs
3. Re: Dishonored 2 Gold; Specs Nov 1, 2016, 12:33 Quinn

Seen the gameplay vids. If this game doesn't make it to 144 frames per second on my GTX980, then it isn't optimized for PC.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

42. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Nov 1, 2016, 01:42 Quinn

Silgurdar wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 18:52:
Quinn wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 18:30:
It's horseshite, sadly. 144hz monitor here. Physics engine is all over the place. Beginning scene with the horse carriage? The carriage in front of me was crashing into walls and flying up and down. My own carriage toppled over a couple of times and I was amazed the script made it to the end. When I enter new rooms, objects fly all over the place. A zombie climbed out of his crypt and was launched into the air. When it came down, it died on the impact.
The physics engine isn't fixed.

That's interesting. Do you remember how many FPS you were getting during the opening scene. Maybe I was only getting 80's and that was low enough not to "break the camel's back".

I can retry the opening scene and see my FPS.

Maybe you have some monster SLI setup and you are getting way higher FPS than mine.

Like I said, on my PC with only one GTX 980, I have been perfectly fine so far. I have played probably around 15 hours so far but not visited that many places.

I totally remember the issue with objects flying all over the place when entering a room and I have not had that happen at all so far.

Maybe you can give a bit more details on your setup?

By the way, I hope you did not insinuate that I was talking horseshite. I have have no reason to lie about this.

It was a poor choice of words. Ofc all I meant was that the physics are horseshite xP

My setup is one GTX980 and a 4.4Ghz quadcore CPU. So a good rig but nothing out of the ordinary. I'll test my fps later but I even get tearing on my 144hz sometimes so that means the fps reaches beyond 144 sometimes. I enabled vsync later. Didn't help with the physics.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

31. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 18:30 Quinn

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 18:17:
Silgurdar wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 16:14:
1) I know Skyrim is not supposed to work at above 60FPS. The physics engine has a flaw where things start acting incorrectly. This was painfully obvious when I re-loaded Skyrim last week on my new PC and tried to start from scratch. The opening scene with the horse carriage taking you to be executed was completely messed up. The horse was all over the place, the scripted events with the execution, etc. were messed up. I do not think I was even able to get to the end without it getting stuck somewhere. This was all running at over 120FPS which was the culprit. I found a way to limit it to 60FPS and everything worked fine.

With the special edition, I had no problems with anything. The opening scene finished without a glitch and I have been playing the game without any issues since. I typically get about 80FPS, but in some inside areas it is way over 120. To me it looks like the old bug with the physics engine has been fixed which is awesome news to me

That is actually pretty big news if it holds, it really is the only major tech issue imo it had left. I know many are hoping and praying there is a new engine in the future for this series, but as they keep improving this one, I tend to believe it will be this engine until they really go out of their way to tell us they are making a change.

It's horseshite, sadly. 144hz monitor here. Physics engine is all over the place. Beginning scene with the horse carriage? The carriage in front of me was crashing into walls and flying up and down. My own carriage toppled over a couple of times and I was amazed the script made it to the end. When I enter new rooms, objects fly all over the place. A zombie climbed out of his crypt and was launched into the air. When it came down, it died on the impact.
The physics engine isn't fixed.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

25. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 17:00 Quinn

For anyone who can't stand the garbage vanilla faces, there's a SE compatible mod out:

Here you go.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies
43. Re: Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies Oct 31, 2016, 08:15 Quinn

The game is having the weirdest glitches I've ever seen in a game. The special edition doesn't handle 144hz well, sadly.

Also, sound is acting up like a motherfucker. The quality isn't only lower than before, it's like it doesn't know how to produce proper surround sound. The sound stutters and my rear speakers are acting up more often than not. No issues with other games. Messed up.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Released - No Season Pass
4. Re: Titanfall 2 Released - No Season Pass Oct 28, 2016, 12:05 Quinn

I had no idea this game was close to release. They didn't spend much on advertising did they?

Never played Titanfall 1. Will check a lets play.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Released
65. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 26, 2016, 11:13 Quinn

ANTI KILL3R wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 08:39:
I never understood these military shooters.

After a few hours into MP, neither do I. Maybe my biggest gripe with the game is that it's everyone for themselves even if it's not. What I mean with that cryptic shit is that even if someone pulls off something epic -- like dropping a bomb on a terrorizing tank with a bomberplane -- nobody in the team will know who the fuck pulled that off. There's no real kill log.

In this way neither do we know who is slacking. I saw a guy in a light tank drive into a camp surrounded by about 7 enemies. He got wasted and wasted the team's costly vehicle.
Nobody seemed to care.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Preloads
22. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Preloads Oct 26, 2016, 11:05 Quinn

nin wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 09:02:
sauron wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 08:56:
I have about 150 hours logged, and may load this up for a reroll. I usually go archery, summoning, enchanting, sneaking.

Then again, I'm also trying to finish Witcher 3, and just started Enderal...

I think that's about where I ended up, and I finished before all the DLC, so I'm looking forward to finding "new" content.

I went straight mage last time, and while I still plan to cast, I'd like to get more into archery and the thieves guild, too.

Noticed my preload was running this morning, wish I could somehow FF to Friday evening right now...

Also it's khajiit time!

Since you went straight mage last time, will you go gay thief now?
*badum tss*

The DLC are awesome. I loved Dawnguard. If you go archery, you wanna finish Dawnguard before the game bleeds out on you! I never finished Dragonborn so I've a strong motivational factor during this reroll.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Trailer
10. Re: Dishonored 2 Trailer Oct 26, 2016, 02:46 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 25, 2016, 20:42:
Quinn wrote on Oct 25, 2016, 18:37:
Tried to give Dishonored 1 another shot because I wanna get excited for Dishonored 2... But fuck is that game boring if you chose the ghost/stealthy/non-lethal approach. My. Fucking. God.

Why you playing that way then? My last playthrough just a few days ago was 100% lethal (never did that, actually) and without restrictions... was a blast. The ending is also completely different, has a different tone and dialog changes... I found that pretty interesting and fun.

Also I got the remote possession ability asap and blinked my way around as a god of mind control

Imo you should not couple a ghost playthrough with non-lethal.. that's pretty masochistic

Hehe true that but I can't help myself. I always wanna play the good guy and have the good ending. It's still no excuse for a game to actually be boring or even suck when this is a viable choice. I really hope Dishonored 2 has more skills available for that playstyle...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Preloads
8. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Preloads Oct 26, 2016, 01:28 Quinn

Preloading Skyrim in late 2016. Hilarious xD

Strangely excited...

Squirmer wrote on Oct 25, 2016, 23:29:
So is this an entirely separate installation? In which case save games won't carry over?

Who cares?! I can't imagine anyone not starting a reroll with this release ^^
When I couldn't sleep 2 nights ago, I fantasized about what class/race to roll this time.
As always, dual-wielding/archery/stealth/enchanting. Probably Khajiit but unsure.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies
16. Re: Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies Oct 26, 2016, 01:02 Quinn

[Whoops, posted this in the wrong thread]

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2016, 01:24.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Trailer
8. Re: Dishonored 2 Trailer Oct 25, 2016, 18:37 Quinn

Maybe my standards are way too fucking high but I didn't think this trailer is up to par with today's standards. Some scenes were just amateuristic. Also, that Corvo live-action mask when he jumps from the roof.. it just doesn't look as good as it should.

Tried to give Dishonored 1 another shot because I wanna get excited for Dishonored 2... But fuck is that game boring if you chose the ghost/stealthy/non-lethal approach. My. Fucking. God.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

63. Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 25, 2016, 02:03 Quinn

I've been rocking the 1st place on 60+ player matches. How? Heavy tank. I feel like there's a good reason to flame players who claim the Tank spot with a Light Tank or something similar. Proper use of the Heavy Tank trumps the Light Tank in every way, imo.

Good game. Having great fun, except so far I'm being fucked in the arsehole on foot. I realize that in this game, I prefer a hipfire shock-and-awe kinda player. The time it takes to go iron-sight is enough for the enemy (with their peculiar accuracy) to fuck me up...
Still need to find a good hipfire weapon.

Also, I had a Legendary weapon in a dropbox. Was that merely a skin though, or do weapons actually drop in these boxes?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

60. Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 23, 2016, 05:40 Quinn

Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 22, 2016, 23:04:
Quinn wrote on Oct 22, 2016, 20:39:
I need you guys right now...

I'm between not caring enough to google research and caring enough to type this:

How the hell do I get coins or dropboxes or whatever? I'm leveling up but I'm not getting any stuff! I feel like I'm in a HORRIBLE disadvantage as I die during every single encounter with an enemy. I mean, my "shooter skill resume" says I'm above average and that's why I find it hard to accept many of the deaths I'm experiencing during BF1. I really miss the killcam because normally these show that inexplicable deaths are due to latency or dumb luck..

Too many times by now I had the enemy at a disadvantage and yet they just oneshot me with their crazy-as-fuck accurate weapon. If there's one thing I'm certain of is that my accuracy is way above average (my patience sucks ergo so do my tactical approaches) and I cannot accept a death against an enemy where I had the advantage over.

If anyone can shine some light on that or give me BF tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have noticed the same thing on occasion. I know I am not as fast as I use to be but at times I have the crosshair lined up and popping off rounds that appear to hit but when the enemy drops me it shows them at full health. What I do now is I drop from the server and find another server in the hopes that the lag or whatever is happening is gone. Usually it is. At first I was feeling like I had not even played the beta or the early access I was getting owned a lot. If you are older like me you will not be able to twitch like a young punk. So you have to out think them. Just adapt your style until you get into the zone. Using a pair of good headsets is vital too. Having the proper situation awareness is key. Headsets give you that edge against somebody using desktop speakers that are not surround sound and up loud.

As you level you get war bonds and can go into customization for each class to spend those bonds on unlocks. The weapon stats are sometimes not a direct reflection of how well the weapon will perform for you. Of course that depending on your playstyle. As you play each class and level it (separate from your overall level) you are granted access to more unlocks. So focus on a class you like before moving to another or use two or three of the four depending on how the round is playing out. I started playing mostly medic for obvious reason. First you can heal others and yourself. Second you can revive and third you get a nice unlock (forgot at which level) which is basically a sniper rifle that is semi auto and very accurate with little recoil while prone.

The crates are random drops at the end of every round. Battlepacks are mostly crap. Yeah, they make your weapons look cooler but are pretty much just texture garbage to get you to care about winning one. I bought the pre-order and out of my first ten packs I had three duplicate. So duplicates can be sold for scraps which in turn can buy you another Battlepack. LoL, WTF! I am not kidding. Don't worry about them just have fun. Slick must be playing night and day to get that may random loot crates (battlepacks) I rarely get one. I think top performers get a crate automatically and since it sounds like he is using some elite skillz he is getting one quite often. Good for him but as he also stated they are a bit of a joke. Like I said just have fun, get use to your weapons, and kits. Then the points/levels will start to come in and more war bonds will drop too. Getting accustomed to your weapons is also important so take the time to get to know them. The stats give you info on bullet and damage drop at range while comparing the weapon unlocks to what you already have in your possession.

I had a great moment early on the Italian map with the light tank way up top on the side of the mountain in the open taking on dozens of enemy troops below. Once they kill your ground support it is time to run. I had a sniper trying to use his K bullets to take me out so I charged him with the tank. I was very near exploding so I jumped out and stabbed him in the chest before jumping back into the tank, popping smoke, hitting the instant repair option which gives your tank thirty health, then driving off someplace safer to repair the tank. It was one of those moments in gaming we all live for. Those don't always come around as much as they use to.

Maybe we should form a Blue's News older gamers brigade?

Thanks a lot for the time you put into your answer! It sounds crazy but I hadn't figured out the entire warbonds thing. Right now, without having started up BF1 yet after reading your answer, I have no freaking clue where the character page is to use the warbonds for upgrades. I can blame myself for this, or it's actually a sign of bad menu design...

That thing you described with your tank sounded awesome! I had a similar moment with a heavy tank on the map with the tight city streets: at a bridge a few squads of ours were pinned down, but I managed to "sneak" around with my tank. I came around the corner and I saw all those cute little backs toward me. I wiped them out.
Someone cheered on teamchat <3

Anyway, I'll get back in BF1 soon and try to spend those warbonds!

PS: the Bluesnews group is a good suggestion, but I'm afraid some of us will suffer from high latency since we're all spread out over Europe and the US here, mostly

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

56. Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 22, 2016, 20:39 Quinn

I need you guys right now...

I'm between not caring enough to google research and caring enough to type this:

How the hell do I get coins or dropboxes or whatever? I'm leveling up but I'm not getting any stuff! I feel like I'm in a HORRIBLE disadvantage as I die during every single encounter with an enemy. I mean, my "shooter skill resume" says I'm above average and that's why I find it hard to accept many of the deaths I'm experiencing during BF1. I really miss the killcam because normally these show that inexplicable deaths are due to latency or dumb luck..

Too many times by now I had the enemy at a disadvantage and yet they just oneshot me with their crazy-as-fuck accurate weapon. If there's one thing I'm certain of is that my accuracy is way above average (my patience sucks ergo so do my tactical approaches) and I cannot accept a death against an enemy where I had the advantage over.

If anyone can shine some light on that or give me BF tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

51. Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 22, 2016, 11:49 Quinn

Overwatch Season 1: Rank 63
Season 2: Rank 2600 (other ranking system)

As Overwatch players here know, these ranks are pretty good.

Reason I'm saying this: I can't seem to hit fuck all in Battlefield.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Oct 20, 2016, 11:44 Quinn

Cram wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 04:12:

Maybe TB was a bit too harsh, but if his points about how terrible the itemization actually is in this game then I am fine with requesting a refund. I have absolutely no interest in constantly having to stop playing to look at every single useless item to see if I can get a 2% potential boost to DPS. His video gave me flashback nightmares to Diablo 3's launch with itemization, and legendary items. How absolutely useless, under powered and awful they are.

What I'm about to say sounds silly but: you're playing these games wrong. I think it's not the idea to compare every single item that drops with what you have. I only start to put real effort into comparing new loot with what I have when I feel I'm starting have a disadvantage over the enemies.
Naturally you shouldn't ignore the low percentage droprate lootdrops like legendaries or w/e.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2197 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo