Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2542 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Content Plans
12. Re: Sea of Thieves Content Plans Mar 22, 2018, 20:08 Quinn

My theory is that this game was meant to be a lootbox store, its shallow gameplay being nothing more than a front for said store.

Then the Battlefield fiasco happened.

Now we have a game stripped bare of its quick-buck "content".

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Sets Sail
43. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 13:01 Quinn

Prez wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 10:30:
Quinn wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 08:35:
Prez wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 08:04:
xXStellarDadXx wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 19:10:
Game servers being hammered...fuck i cant play it...well ...maybe tomarrow...

Well at least they could have rented some extra servers for launch month.

Blues tends to be ... lets call it a more discerning crowd so despite people's impressions I still would like to try it out as I'm far less discerning than most.

Of course you'll try it out, Prez. It seems you try out every game xD

Haha yes I really do love trying out new games (just not not the no-effort drek that Steam routinely shits out of it's bowels on a weekly basis). More often than not I find games that tend to get downvoted for being buggy, repetitive, or boring to my liking. I can't tell you how many games that have "mixed " or even "mostly negative" reviews on Steam that I've played and got considerable enjoyment out of.

Steam should let us filter the reviews/scores by age, I think. I care basically nothing about what the youngsters think of a game. I'm more interested about what the old and jaded think about them

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Sets Sail
37. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 08:35 Quinn

Prez wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 08:04:
xXStellarDadXx wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 19:10:
Game servers being hammered...fuck i cant play it...well ...maybe tomarrow...

Well at least they could have rented some extra servers for launch month.

Blues tends to be ... lets call it a more discerning crowd so despite people's impressions I still would like to try it out as I'm far less discerning than most.

Of course you'll try it out, Prez. It seems you try out every game xD

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The Deeds of Captain Wilkins Released
7. Re: Wolfenstein II: The Deeds of Captain Wilkins Released Mar 13, 2018, 19:07 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 18:37:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 17:29:
El Pit wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 13:40:
Wolfenstein II is one of the many games I bought early because of how much I liked the first game and then won't touch for 2 or 3 years because of the many games on my backlog which is constantly growing because I bought the games early because of how much I liked...

Ehm...

Where are my meds again? And somebody please destroy my credit card. Thanks!

Yep, that's why I wait for the majority of the games I want to play to go down in price now. AC Origins we bought at release and I played the nso tout of it, but Dishonered 2 (Heck, even the DLC for the 1st) I waited on, waited on the Original Wolf remake, Ghost Recon, etc. Too much on the backlog list to go paying full price for stuff I won't play until it is $9.99 anyway.

Yup. I rarely pay over $10. Not that games aren't worth it to me, just that I often find something there that I want to play.

But I paid full price, plus season pass, for this. And FC5, I'm sure.

So you pay full price for games of devs that hardly need your hard earned buck, but wait for the smaller companies to beg for a slither of the worth of their games? XD

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > PUBG Anti-Cheat Patch Rolled Back
4. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Patch Rolled Back Mar 12, 2018, 13:28 Quinn

Incompetence.

What's with the hype of this game!? It looks like shit and plays like shit!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Get Amnesia Collection Free on Steam
6. Re: Get Amnesia Collection Free on Steam Mar 9, 2018, 08:14 Quinn

Cram wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 23:40:
Cutter wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 22:28:
Didn't they do this before? I have both games in my Steam library but I know I didn't buy them. Still haven't played Pig Machine but did play some of DD. Yeah it was tense but didn't seem that scary. Especially compared to Outlast which freaked me the fuck out.

IMO Outlast was good at "startling" you, it was not scary. You'd jump for a second and go into action mode to stay alive. Dark Descent was actually, at times, scary. The dread was persistent throughout many particular levels/areas whether there was a monster around or not. Again, just my opinion.

And Outlast 2, sadly, completely failed. They forgot one of the most important things in horror: the release of tension. Outlast 2 was constantly completely fucked up. At some point your mind would just go "Fuck this, this isn't fun scary anymore.". Don't get me wrong, even the scariest fucking shit out there can be fun scary. It's the release of tension that's necessary for it to be experienced as fun.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released
12. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 7, 2018, 08:00 Quinn

beigemore wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 07:18:
Luke wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 05:24:
necrosis wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 21:51:
Only game to actually use all ov my Titan X's 12GB of memory.

So why did ya buy that card in the first place

I take it you're a minimum/recommended requirements kind of guy?

Did his point really fly over your head?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 5, 2018, 18:14 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 12:28:
Quinn wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 12:03:
jacobvandy wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 11:41:
KCD has the best horseback riding of any RPG I've ever played. It's so much fun galloping through a forest, I don't even care there's no loot in it.

There you have it. Again. Immersion.
People who care greatly about it generally tend to fall in love with this game.

And yeah to the others.. if you think the game is dull and wouldn't like it, then you probably would find it dull and wouldn't like it.

"Immersion" and "realism" are not synonymous. It's entirely possible for an unrealistic game to be immersive. Conversely, a lot of people find realistic elements irritating, causing the experience to be anything but immersive.

Nowhere have I claimed they are mutually exclusive. In the case of KCD, the gameplay is immersive especially because it hardly ever takes you away from the protagonist in anything you do -- be it potion brewing, sharpening your sword or mounting your horse etc. I would've loved this game just as much if it was Skyrim with KCDs gameplay elements. You'll find more than one reviewer say that this game is special, because you somehow "become" the protagonist moreso than in other games of the same genre. They nailed that.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 5, 2018, 12:03 Quinn

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 11:41:
KCD has the best horseback riding of any RPG I've ever played. It's so much fun galloping through a forest, I don't even care there's no loot in it.

There you have it. Again. Immersion.
People who care greatly about it generally tend to fall in love with this game.

And yeah to the others.. if you think the game is dull and wouldn't like it, then you probably would find it dull and wouldn't like it.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 5, 2018, 04:17 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 4, 2018, 22:43:
For me I don't think any game would be able to replicate the feeling you had when you first started playing Gothic I, it was truly someone unique and special. KC:D to me, does not capture anywhere near the same feeling, it's a really boring grindfest compared to Gothic I which was 100% pure exploration and flair but also combat you needed to really understand first, and then you could maybe handle 2 orcs at once.

Also Nier: Automata ftw

What I love about KCD is the realism, which really helps with immersion. Exploration only makes so much sense in reality: not every corner you turn reveals magical secrets, nor is a forest filled with chests of loot. In reality, you'd just find farmhouses with peasants who have nothing of interest to tell you.
So in this way, KCD is very different than the other RPGs out there. Exploration makes little sense. In this game, the only real reason to explore is to find beautiful vistas, like a pretty lake in the forest or a grand view of beautiful Bohemia. Realism.

I also love the combat, but I find it too easy. Once you learn the riposte/retaliate skill, the combat becomes as easy as as skilled as you (the player) are. That's something you wouldn't want in an RPG.

Nevertheless, this is the best game I've played since 2000. For sure.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 26, 2018, 04:23 Quinn

ForgedReality wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 04:08:
Quinn wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 03:52:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 15:58:
Quinn wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 15:25:
Good to see KCD up there. This game deserves it. 55 hours in and still in love.

y u fall in luv wit ugleh cow?!?

Reserve a few carefree hours, prepare some tea, play the game.
Tell me what you think 7 hours in.

Best game since 2000 for me.

So what's it like to not have played Witcher 3?

I have. Played it to death.

This game is better. Combat is more fun, immersion is better (just look up videos about sharpening your sword or brewing potions), it has stealth.

I love TW3, but it never moved me like this game.

Have you played KCD?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 26, 2018, 03:52 Quinn

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 15:58:
Quinn wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 15:25:

y u fall in luv wit ugleh cow?!?

Reserve a few carefree hours, prepare some tea, play the game.
Tell me what you think 7 hours in.

Best game since 2000 for me.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2018, 15:25 Quinn

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 20, 2018, 12:35 Quinn

Task wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 11:29:
Quinn wrote on Feb 19, 2018, 12:07:
Oh shit.. now I wanna tell you all about the brewing mechanism...

Fuck it. Buy the game. XP

Is it like Witcher 1 where you can "guess" a potion by combining ingredients at random?

Yes you can and it'll appear in your inventory as "Unknown Potion". You could of course end up poisoning yourself or create some potent healing potion.
What I meant mostly was the immersion applied to the brewing mechanism. The game just never takes you away from immersion. You need to put nettle in with wine, boil it and then add some grinded belladonna and boil it again before pouring it into a bottle? You actually have to physically do all of that. No pop-up menu and a few clicks.
You do have pop-up-screen-and-a-few-clicks mechanisms, but only for repairing weapons and armor -- but then again, that will cost you Repair Kit charges so you'd want to head to a smithy and use the grinding wheel instead, for example.

So. Fucking. Amazing.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 20, 2018, 03:58 Quinn

Just a simple stream of the game in the link below. Btw, I'll return to reviewing once I've settled in my new house.

https://youtu.be/uHiPB9C6H5s

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 19, 2018, 12:07 Quinn

Zoom wrote on Feb 19, 2018, 02:22:
I didnt expect a comparison to Gothic, is it that good ? Is the story exciting ?

The story is very exciting. About 2 hours in (but really depending on how long you allow yourself to bask in the epic first impressions of the starting area) something will happen that will put a fire in you and your protagonist. Crazy enough, another 2 hours AND SOMETHING ELSE happens that is just as captivating. I won't spoil anything. Just know that the story is realistic and therefore sometimes slow, but in a fantastic way if you like immersion and "becoming the protagonist".

People keep comparing this game with Skyrim and I don't get it. Skyrim had a formula created for the impatient. I think the team sat at a table and built the formula around the motto "If the player is traveling and nothing interesting is found or is happening within 30 seconds, we have failed.".
This is all nice and good, but KCD isn't like that at all. It's way more realistic. Therefore the environment is more of the same and you can ride your horse for minutes on a path enjoying the beautiful vista without encountering anything except traders and wayfarers. But because of this, running into bandits or other villains is way more interesting and scary. Or finding something interesting is that much morr rewarding. Oh, and funny enough "rewarding" can actually mean finding a batch full of the herb you need for a particular potion you wanna brew.

Oh shit.. now I wanna tell you all about the brewing mechanism...

Fuck it. Buy the game. XP

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 19, 2018, 02:14 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Feb 18, 2018, 22:25:
Heard that KC:D is good, but premature. Anyone here playing it?

If you play games for immersion and long for proper ROLE PLAYING, this game is the best game in decades and I mean that.

Sadly, some reviewers expected a hack-and-slash game and SOMEHOW call this game boring.

This game is like Gothic in the way that you start out as an absolute (and literally) illiterate coward with a vengeance. You'll learn to swordfight gradually; learn to read; learn to speak diplomatically, etc. You'll become an honorable knight, but start out a rather useless blacksmith's son.

Best game in decades, for me.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Remastered System Shock on Hiatus
15. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 16, 2018, 22:28 Quinn

"... but straying from the core concepts of the title..."

Fuck off.

There really was only ONE single thing backers asked of you in return of receiving their money. ONE. SINGLE. THING. Namely: staying at the core concept of System Shock.

So double triple quotro fuck you, dude. Fuck you and your humble update. This is failure 2.0 and if they can sue you, let them. I hope they win.

"Gimme money so I make a new System Shock."
*Money x5 given*
"Making a game, but nothing like System Shock. Oops!"

Fuck off.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Adds First-Person Mode
5. Re: The Evil Within 2 Adds First-Person Mode Feb 15, 2018, 02:20 Quinn

It was a simple console command before. No mod necessary.

Great game this, btw. Nice story. Great finale.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered
23. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 18:45 Quinn

And yeah, I realize how much I sound like a shill or fanboy right now. But this is one of those games. Somehow, behind the silly bugs and performance issues, the purest of dev passion is bleeding through. I hate to see people not supporting these kind of devs. I know it's irrational, but fuck it.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2542 Comments. 128 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo