Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2364 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dungeons 3 Trailer
3. Re: Dungeons 3 Trailer Jun 17, 2017, 06:19 Quinn

Dungeons 2 was one of the biggest surprises I stumbled upon this year. It's crazy good, and hilarious too. Part 3 is an instant buy for me.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans?
16. Re: Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans? Jun 16, 2017, 18:05 Quinn

I'm stunned and clueless. Why not Starcraft 3? Why not Warcraft 4? I just finished Warcraft 3 and there's NOTHING wrong with it. I'd be fuuuucking excited for Warcraft 4. Holy shit...!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Trailer
22. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 01:30 Quinn

Acleacius wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 20:02:

Violent white supremacists, have caused more deaths from terrorism than any other group, by three fold.

That highly depends on when you chose to start counting, buddy. I see no reason why you should defend the current day source of terrorism, because when we talk about the NOW, that's pretty clear and it's a problem that will not be solved by dialogue killers like that.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Anthem Revealed
36. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 14, 2017, 07:51 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 20:46:
Quinn wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 18:30:

It's all my opinion, ofc.

Hey Quinn, I updated your RTS thread with some recommendations.

Awesome thanks, I replied!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

15. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 14, 2017, 01:51 Quinn

Curious why we can't just call the police in FC5 btw. We could use some proper police brutality!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

12. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 18:22 Quinn

My Far Cry Primal review from a while back:

https://youtu.be/5AlTUD5icIY

I'm looking forward to Far Cry 5 immensely. I just love the setting and the religious zealots you can fuck up. Also readying up with popcorn for the absolute controversy hell this game will get when the people who love to play victim get wind of this.

Love the dog. Love the companions. Love evrything. They won't reinvent the wheel with this game but they'll sure as fuck make it roll better.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announced
4. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announced Jun 13, 2017, 11:42 Quinn

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 10:00:
I never got into Long War 1, but I found Long War 2 to be a lot of fun and not too difficult.

Long War 1? Long War 2? XCOM 2 lover here. What have I missed? Does it... make the campaign longer by stretching out your progression or w/e?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

PC Gaming > RTS recommendations?
9. No subject Jun 13, 2017, 02:12 Quinn

Thanks for the recommendations, guys! Greatly appreciated.

I bought the Starcraft 2 battlechest and I'm hooked. At the Zerg campaign now. Great story!

I had no idea Homeworld had a real campaign. I checked a Let's Play and that game is something else! It looks very complex but I definitely have it on my list.

Checked the Anno games and I'll go with your recommendation. I love Settlers so far so I'll prolly love those games as well.

Played Red Alert when it just came out. Those games are really dated when I check them out. Not sure if they aged well? Will look into it more, but my backlog is growing xD

Anyway, loving Starcraft 2 so maybe I'll love Warcraft 3 as well? The nostalgia to vanilla WoW will probably hurt me with that one, though.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

31. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 12, 2017, 18:30 Quinn

Nullity wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 16:08:

You seem to be looking at this the wrong way. For the most part, highly story-driven single-player games are a different beast than games designed for co-op play. For example, things like player choice don't always work with more than one person - who gets to make the choices? And just because a game is single-player only, doesn't automatically make it better than if it supported co-op. Crappy games far outweigh the good ones in any genre or category.

I'm not trying to say that *every* game should have co-op. I enjoy single-player, highly story-driven games also. Hell, The Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games of all time, but single-player and co-op games scratch different itches. Yes, they story is often more immersive in single-player games like The Witcher, but on the other hand, I have an absolute blast just running around like a fool and blowing shit up with my brother and/or friends in games like Borderlands, The Division, Dying Light, etc, where we barely even pay attention to the story.

And then you have rare gems like Halo (rare in the sense of how they handled co-op). The entirety of the story - including cut-scenes, etc - was presented as if it were a single-player only game. It was about a single individual (Master Chief) who you only ever saw one of during story sequences, but during gameplay, there could magically be a second Master Chief playing along, who just mysteriously disappeared at the next cut-scene. Sure, that didn't make logical sense, but who cares - the co-op gameplay was fun as hell and the story was incredibly immersive (at least in my opinion).

Different games for different types of fun.

Pro-tip: You can often get more competent co-op partners by recruiting/joining people from places like the official game forums/reddit/discord communities/specific sites like the100.io/etc than you can from just random PUGs in-game.

There's miscommunication here. I'm not expecting co-op games to have player choice and all the other good things SP games have.

I feel like I should explain my gripe better: co-op seems to be a thing again and I don't like it for obvious reasons. I don't like simulators either, so why don't I complain about those being less good than SP RPG's as well, right? Well, because games like The Division, TC Wildlands and by the looks of it Anthem are games that would've probably been great SP games if they put resources in a SP experience rather than in co-op. Anthem looks fucking amazing, but I already know right now that the game will be a dead and lifeless shell in SP mode. Like Wildlands. Like The Division.

If their were tons of promising AAA SP games in development, you wouldn't hear me. But they are few and far in between these days (and that's even coming from someone who had a 100 times more spare time in the past), and I observe that too many big companies put their money in lifeless co-op shite. And I hate that development.

It's all my opinion, ofc.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

28. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 12, 2017, 14:56 Quinn

Nullity wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 14:34:
Quinn wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 05:26:
Fucking co-op, though. Wish that concept died in the fire of reason. What's a loner or grow-up to do? I'm fucking 31. All my friends are going places, having kids, like myself. A friend bought me Wildlands 2 months ago for co-op with him. We managed to team up twice so far. 4 hours total.

Fucking co-op..
Get out of here with that shit. *MORE* games need co-op. Almost any co-op game can also be played single player, including this one. The number of games that are co-op only, preventing you from playing it by yourself, could probably be counted on one hand.

I'm really fucking annoyed that I have to explain the following to you, because the fact that you haven't figured it out yet tells me I have a lot of work ahead of me to let you see it:

Games that are created for co-op cannot be compared with a singleplayer experience, because they cheaped out on good storytelling, player choices and immersiveness just for starters. Name a game designed for co-op that is on the same level of good SP games when playing SP, I challenge you.

If these co-op designed games are played with PuGs, you end up in games where everyone seems to be on crack. I've tried playing TC Wildlands with PUGs and people were playing whoever-gets-the-most-kills-first more than anything else.

Yes, co-op games can be fun, but only if you can play with a set group of friends.

No, the SP experience in co-op games is incomparable with that of actual SP games.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

16. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 12, 2017, 05:26 Quinn

Fucking co-op, though. Wish that concept died in the fire of reason. What's a loner or grow-up to do? I'm fucking 31. All my friends are going places, having kids, like myself. A friend bought me Wildlands 2 months ago for co-op with him. We managed to team up twice so far. 4 hours total.

Fucking co-op..

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

5. No subject Jun 10, 2017, 06:03 Quinn

All Anno 3d games? On my list! I'll do research, thanks mate.

Settlers games aren't suddenly my type of RTS' though ^^ I don't know what my types are so don't let my first try influence your suggestions to me I religiously ignored RTS games before, which is why I'm so terribly in the dark about them. The Blizzard RTS games are good? I'll look into them as well.

Still wonder what triggered me into this RTS lust. I think it was the Spellforce thread + Life is Feudal: Forest Village thing that peaked my interest somehow. But it's also my age. More patience for patient games I guess..?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

3. No subject Jun 9, 2017, 18:00 Quinn

Thanks for the suggestion! I just watched one vid and it looks incredibly detailed and impressive. Also intimidating with a lot of micromanagement. I'll look into this game!

Just bought Settlers 7 cheap. Played for 2 hours today and it's really fun. No real troops or workers control, which I kinda miss, but a lovely mood and I like the music.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Vampyr E3 Trailer
3. Re: Vampyr E3 Trailer Jun 9, 2017, 10:15 Quinn

The game has been announced too long ago for me to appreciate anything of this trailer. I've seen a gameplay trailer last year, so how about showing how that has been improved?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

1. RTS recommendations? Jun 7, 2017, 18:02 Quinn

Guys, since a few weeks I'm really wanting for a good RTS. I've never been an RTS enthusiast so I don't know what triggered this.

Anyway, the RTS you recommend needs to have a story-based goal and can be either action packed or more mellow like Banished. Like I said, I've never been into RTS' so I'd appreciate any recommendation. I'm kinda finding myself in unknown territory, lustful. XP

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice in August
4. Re: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice in August Jun 7, 2017, 17:52 Quinn

D4rkKnight wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 17:37:
Watch the trailer

Did it. Would've written the exact comment as I wrote earlier.

Saw a gameplay vid a month or two ago. The game will be a very unique one. It will be one of those games that will have lovers and haters, nothing in between.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice in August
2. Re: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice in August Jun 7, 2017, 11:14 Quinn

Desalus wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 10:24:
I'm curious as to why the price is half of what I expected it to be. Does that mean the game is going to be extremely short?

I think it will be. Short, artsy, strange and the gameplay will be more cinematic than what you expect from a 3rd person game.

Hold your horses on this one.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rewards
10. Re: Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rewards Jun 6, 2017, 07:00 Quinn

And even with the Reaper DLC I think the campaign is ridiculously short...

Hoped they'd develop one more expansion that would make the whole game more of an experience. The storytelling was nice, the lore objects and atmosphere were great.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation Next Month
10. Re: Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation Next Month Jun 4, 2017, 11:58 Quinn

DarkCntry wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 11:48:
Quinn wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 04:28:
DarkCntry wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 20:07:
Drayth wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 19:06:
Dinosaurs do exist in The Forgotten Realms setting.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Chult

Stop it, you're going to damage the people who constantly get asshurt over everything!

Easy now, tantrum-tard. I wasn't aware Faerun had dinosaurs, is all. Not asshurt, but not in the least excited either.

Wow, guilty conscience much? I was referring to CJ, the sole person on BluesNews that makes Cutter look positive.

That said, after seeing your reply, I'd say it might be up your alley to actually investigate the source material before making remarks about it.

True xD All I know about Faerun is from the Neverwinter games and Drizzt's books.

I was still drunk when I wrote that last comment. "tantrum-tard" wtf, has a nice ring to it though...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation Next Month
7. Re: Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation Next Month Jun 4, 2017, 04:28 Quinn

DarkCntry wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 20:07:
Drayth wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 19:06:
Dinosaurs do exist in The Forgotten Realms setting.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Chult

Stop it, you're going to damage the people who constantly get asshurt over everything!

Easy now, tantrum-tard. I wasn't aware Faerun had dinosaurs, is all. Not asshurt, but not in the least excited either.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2364 Comments. 119 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo