Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2468 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > For Honor Season 2 Details
2. Re: For Honor Season 2 Details Apr 29, 2017, 04:21 Quinn

The gameplay was just absolute fucking shite. It felt as if my character acted on my commands a fraction of a second too late all the time. It made the entire experience feel extremely sluggish and frustrating.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Vivendi and Ubisoft to Finally Get a Room?
15. Re: Vivendi and Ubisoft to Finally Get a Room? Apr 27, 2017, 09:57 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 08:25:
Quinn wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 04:55:
Avus wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 02:11:
i feel nothing that Ubisuck was bought by some other company.... It really means nothing for the gamers

Same. I don't get the EA hate anymore,because I actually like many of their new releases. Ubisoft on the other hand has been throwing that same boring as FUCK formula over all of their new games. And Division was a failure beyond comparison.

Yeah.. but hating on ubisoft is equally pointless, all the things I hate them for (shoving uPlay down my throat, what they did to Anno and most importantly, what they did to Silent Hunter) are things that likely won't improve in any way with a media conglomerate behind it that has literally no profit strategy.

Totally agree! What I assume is that after such a takeover, the entire abomination just dies. From the ashes, maybe a company that starts giving a shit again rises.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > GTA Online Tiny Racers Update & Tax Refund
8. Re: GTA Online Tiny Racers Update & Tax Refund Apr 27, 2017, 06:32 Quinn

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 06:01:
Quinn wrote on Apr 26, 2017, 22:33:
The phenomenon called R* is what always has me wondering why there's no real hating toward these fuckers.

I'm sure the internet is primed and ready to go on this hateventure with you. They just needed a proper leader to raise the hate banner, and arm the hate cannons, so we can show these evil bastards what for!

Seriously though, the only division of rockstar that I have any issues with is Toronto, for the abomination that is GTA IV on PC. Yeah maybe there's something to be said for some dislike towards the San Diego team for not releasing the RDR series on PC yet, but I don't know that was entirely their decision either.

Something about this black and white shit we all seem to be so deeply entrenched in is really tiring to me. It's like there's no middle ground anymore.. you either love something or hate it. It's like hearing people use words like "epic" to describe every somewhat interesting or cool situation they witness. Vernacular hyperbole. Instead of a laugh, now "I'm dying". Instead of saying you were disappointed in something you did or articulating any sort of feeling, now we have "I'm literally going to kms (kill myself)". What is language going to be like in a couple decades, once we've desensitized ourselves significantly by using the most extreme language possible to describe everything around us? Why am I ranting about this? I don't fuckin' know. Time for sleep.

Same with politics. It's in a desperate need of a "new center", if you will.

But in R*'s case, my dislike is toward their generally passive indifference toward the PC. I know that sounds ridiculous with them releasing GTAV for the PC, but I still sense that attitude in their overall actions somehow.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Vivendi and Ubisoft to Finally Get a Room?
13. Re: Vivendi and Ubisoft to Finally Get a Room? Apr 27, 2017, 04:55 Quinn

Avus wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 02:11:
i feel nothing that Ubisuck was bought by some other company.... It really means nothing for the gamers

Same. I don't get the EA hate anymore,because I actually like many of their new releases. Ubisoft on the other hand has been throwing that same boring as FUCK formula over all of their new games. And Division was a failure beyond comparison.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

6. Re: GTA Online Tiny Racers Update & Tax Refund Apr 26, 2017, 22:33 Quinn

Rigs wrote on Apr 26, 2017, 15:22:
Hey *R, how about you detach GTA Online into it's own...thing...and get to workin' on GTA6, ja? Or maybe...oh! OH! Maybe you can bring RDR and RDR2 to PC? Wouldn't that be nice? Why do you hate money?

=-Rigs-=

The phenomenon called R* is what always has me wondering why there's no real hating toward these fuckers. Their image is fucking toxic to me. Sure, their games are fucking ace... but honestly so are some of the stuff EA punlishes. That doesn't stop people from hating on EA.

R*, to me, has the rep of an arrogant 13 year old bully, somehow. Their sense of humor is on par with that same kid, imo.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

3. Re: GTA Online Tiny Racers Update & Tax Refund Apr 26, 2017, 12:10 Quinn

Does anyone know if the cheating is still rampant?  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Outlast 2 Tomorrow; New Trailers
1. Re: Outlast 2 Tomorrow; New Trailers Apr 25, 2017, 04:03 Quinn

Bought it this morning. Can't wait to start it up when night falls!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Surge Trailer
6. Re: The Surge Trailer Apr 20, 2017, 17:31 Quinn

ledhead1969 wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 16:04:
Made by same guys that did Lords of the Fallen...I think.

Correct. Lords of the Fallen > Dark Souls (3). Compare YouTube vids.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Prey Trailer
12. Re: Prey Trailer Apr 20, 2017, 07:28 Quinn

I'm surprised that nobody has yet realized the obvious why this game looks like a giant MEH.
It's because of the variety in enemies, or lack thereof. In every fucking trailer all I'm seeing is turrets and blobby shadows. No shit this game looks boring as fuck.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Surge
25. Re: Gone Gold - The Surge Apr 19, 2017, 02:31 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 02:22:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 13:39:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 13:03:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 12:19:
Games that do it great on rails, Call of Duty single players. They also have some of the best FPS stories you'll ever play.

Shocked Stunned Shocked Stunned Shocked

r u sucking ferious bro???

Hahaha_no Hahaha_no Hahaha_no

Well I will say I haven't played a COD since MW2 so maybe shit has changed horribly but they did a great job having action scenes and actual stories.

Other games with good stories on rails:
Halo, Fear, Bioshock...

Bioshock is more of an FPSRPG than an FPS. But whatever, it's still on rails.

Yeah, the straight up MW SP campaigns are fun, like playing an 80s action movie. BLOPs kind of sucked tho. Not sure why.

So anything not sandbox/openworld is on rails huh? Lmao.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Surge
19. Re: Gone Gold - The Surge Apr 18, 2017, 16:15 Quinn

Looking forward to this game. I loved Lords of the Fallen (and I don't like Dark Souls at all somehow).  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > DOOM Retrospective
12. Re: DOOM Retrospective Apr 16, 2017, 07:32 Quinn

All this talk about DOOM makes me wanna replay the latest one. I fucking loved it.

Note to self: set the music louder than the rest. Up the volume. Light up a cigar.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > PC Bayonetta Released
13. Re: PC Bayonetta Released Apr 12, 2017, 14:13 Quinn

Agent-Zero wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 11:01:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 02:41:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 23:08:
"Hey kids! PC Gaming is dead!"

I believe PC, as a gaming platform, is the oldest continuous.

Yeah, we're in heaven! Some jap console garbage a decade later... what more could we ask for? I'm overwhelmed by the respect they are showing towards our beloved platform. Overwhelmed... can't type on, I'm starting to cry out of pure joy.

you are always crying. so im sure you are quite comfortable over there with your baby bottle

goo goo ga ga, little guy

Well to be honest, for once I completely agreed with that depressed fuck.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Dragon Age 4 Outed?
29. Re: Dragon Age 4 Outed? Apr 8, 2017, 14:27 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 07:57:
ledhead1969 wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 02:42:
Wow, so much hate and negativity. I'm looking forward to it.

You're looking forward to picking flowers to save the world and doing the same dragon fight 8 times? Me too, sounds wonderful.

The miscellaneous quests in DA:I were presented as exactly that. They were fillers and you didn't had to do them, even if you wanted your perfect ending. The main quests and companion quests were very well done.

Every game has repeating combat, so that dragon argument is beyond mediocre. Also, every dragon had its own skills and mechanics.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character
71. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 7, 2017, 18:26 Quinn

Prez wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 10:24:

If you don't intimately understand the lifestyle and perspective of a type of person, you'll probably do a bad job at it. By the same token, if you have an all white male team maybe it's best you didn't include a black female character just because you feel you have to in the name of "diversity". Unless you have access to an actual black female who can give you detailed insight into her specific cultural and gender interests and challenges your depiction of her will likely come across as ham-fisted and can insult the cross section of people you were trying to make feel included.

Yeah but aren't we all exactly the same, except for skin color/sexual orientation? And shouldn't writing characters with different skin color/sexual orientation therefore be no different, but for one or two insignificant exceptions?

In theory, I would agree with you. But the reality is quite different. Growing up in NYC in the '70s gave me a lot of insight to the magnitude that culture, perspective, and environmental conditioning can differ between different races, ethnicities, and lifestyles.

Look at it this way - someone who lacks the understanding of the intricacies of living a transgender existence is likely to portray a transgender character in exactly the awkward way that Bioware did in Andromeda. Compare that to the way a similar character is portrayed in Watch Dogs 2 - realistically and effectively - and the difference between doing it the right way and the wrong way should become clear.

You forget one important aspect: ME is far into the future, and it's quite safe to say that in that future the human race has achieved true equality.

Also, the problem with bringing in a black person for a black person's insight can be tricky, because today we see many black people think things happen in their life because they are black... but there's absolutely zero evidence for their skincolor being the reason for it. Easy example: getting turned down for a job.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Batman: Arkham VR PC This Month
6. Re: Batman: Arkham VR PC This Month Apr 3, 2017, 14:40 Quinn

It's almost cute to see how much VR is still in its baby shoes xD  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Hype?
31. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 3, 2017, 04:23 Quinn

Kxmode wrote on Apr 2, 2017, 21:52:
Thanks, Blue

One comment earlier, you denounce censorship. One comment later, you thank Blue for removing another guy's comment. Did you ask for the removal? Found it... what, offensive?

Either way, I wonder what happened to you, Kxmode. I'm not certain but I think you never were such a sanctimonious little hypocrite before. Did you convert recently?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Hype?
27. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 1, 2017, 13:57 Quinn

Kxmode wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 14:44:
@Agent-Zero - The question "If Polygon calls something 'hype' and no one cares, is it still hype?" is specific to the topic of this thread. Your comment remains off-topic and mean-spirited. I would recommend restricting such extraneous and inconsequential stuff to Out of the Blue and Into the Black where it belongs (like I have for my biblical stuff). In other words, be a mature poster and filter yourself. I know you can do it. Thumbsup

That's just fucking pathetic. Look, if I exclaim my belief in invisible hamsters, people will mock me for it and they have that freedom. Same goes for your belief, Kxmode. The fact that your belief is held by a huge amount of people, doesn't make it any less absurd to people like myself.

So yeah, if you express openly that you believe in God, then you've opened yourself to be ridiculed. Grow the fuck up or choose to live in a little bubble where you're surrounded by fellow believers. Choose 1 of the above. I know you can do it.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Destiny 2 in September; PC Included
13. Re: Destiny 2 in September; PC Included Mar 31, 2017, 08:52 Quinn

I swear that blue guy's voice is Lance Reddick's  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
51. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 31, 2017, 07:42 Quinn

Asmodai wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 01:29:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 16:51:
There are just some BAD things that no-one thought out in the game.

The Andromeda Init. is the invaders/aliens. Granted the Kett aren't nice but, "Humans" travel 600 years, don't expect anything to change, show up like they are entitled to everything, go around stealing shit left right and center from poor purple aliens just trying to survive on an ice planet.

Hrm, I seem to recall we also helped out those same aliens to *mild spoiler* fix up their home world vault which was deactivated and slowly killing them...

And there is dialogue that explains we are also the aliens now etc, so their is some realisation about that.

Everyone speaks english (least it was Basic in Star Wars, but still).

There are references to translators in the dialogue, including some bits where NPC's will respond with "that didn't translate properly".

The Citadel was suppose to be finished before you got there but even after 14 months (how the fuck were they suppose to survive, cause if the Hyperion's golden planet was golden then they wouldn't have gone directly to the Citadel/Nexus/whatever it's called).

No one anticipated the scourge which turned everything in to a worst case scenario, and the premise was that colonisation would be established at the same time that connection to the nexus would be.

Why is noone salvaging all the shit all over the place. You can't make 1 shuttle with all the shuttle halfs all over the place?

Yeah, on two hellscapes which kill people if they rove outside safe areas for too long, with limited manpower prior to the arks full of people showing up.

I get the feeling you spaced past a lot of the dialogue at this point.

And WTF is up with the Tardis/Tempest? "It's bigger on the inside" no shit, and why can't I just board the fucking Tempest without going into orbit?

Will give you those two points, climbing on top of the tempest = feel like you're at least 5 times bigger than you are inside it, and yeah, boarding on the ground rather than fucking around launching in to orbit would make more sense.

The transitions are load screens that aren't a static image with a load bar. I don't know if that's better or worse, but it is what it is.

All in all we can agree that he was nit-picking and ignorant at best. Good retorts. Saved me the time and energy.

A friend of mine played both PC and PS4 editions. He says the ME:A hate originates from console players because the console version is abominable. Hilarious how most of us PC gamers weren't aware of that little fact. Look how that bias turned us into little fucktwat whiners ^^

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2468 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo