Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2369 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda in March
32. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 12:12 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 11:59:
Quinn wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 10:56:
Using one's own experiences in arguments is usually a weak and stupid thing to do, except for some cases. When someone claims you're a racist toward black people and you tell them you have black friends, it's really not as ridiculous a point as many SJWs claim it to be. Same here. You claim to know me better than I know myself by telling me I'm a homophobe. If I was, however, I'd have an issue with having gay people around me. I obviously don't. Unlike many, however, I don't think being gay is somehow better or cooler than being hetero. I'm actually indifferent about it.

You've had numerous comments moderated regarding other races, cultures and sexual preferences. You can protest all you want but the proof is in the pudding, you reveal yourself with every ignorant comment like you did in this thread, claiming gay choices were being forced on you and only backing down when others prove otherwise. "battle of semantics", what a cop out.

Dude, since those so-called racial/homophobic comments have been moderated (what, removed or whatever you mean?), there's really no knowing what it is I said.

Show me one of these comments where I'm such a racist, Islamophobe (guess that's what you're getting at with "cultural"?) or homophobe. 100% certain it's yourself who reads racist, Islamophobic or homophobic shit into it.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 11:50 Quinn

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 11:37:
Jivaro wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 10:17:
We all have gay friends, whether we are aware of it or not. Why do people feel like they need to preface their ridiculous excuses for homophobia with that as if they achieved a mystery Boy Scout patch for allowing people to exist in their presence that would have existed anyway?

The idea that these human beings wouldn't/shouldn't be represented in our fictional or non-fictional entertainment is ridiculous. The fact that they are today becoming less of a headline and more the norm only highlights how fucking backwards we were as a culture previously.

Mass Effect forces nothing on you except maybe the acknowledgement that someone or multiple someones in the game might be gay. If that bothers you...than you aren't any gay person's friend. You simply tolerate their existence. Get over yourself.

+1

+1? Alright, let's analyze:

We all have gay friends, whether we are aware of it or not. Why do people feel like they need to preface their ridiculous excuses for homophobia with that as if they achieved a mystery Boy Scout patch for allowing people to exist in their presence that would have existed anyway?

The key thing in the argument "I have no problem with gay people" or "I have gay friends" is that you do know they are gay, of course. If you are completely fine with gay people or if you even have gay friends, you are literally by definition not a fucking homophobe. It's not a damn mantra I'm shouting off rooftops -- it's reactionary to people labeling me as a homophobe.

The idea that these human beings wouldn't/shouldn't be represented in our fictional or non-fictional entertainment is ridiculous.

Who said this in this thread? It's a red herring. It's unnecessary to misrepresent someone's POV and as I said earlier, it's something people tend to do when they religiously believe they are morally superior.

The fact that they are today becoming less of a headline and more the norm only highlights how fucking backwards we were as a culture previously.

I totally agree.

Mass Effect forces nothing on you except maybe the acknowledgement that someone or multiple someones in the game might be gay. If that bothers you..

It doesn't. Never said that that's what bothered me. What bothered me was the unsubtleness of Steve's character. It screamed "GAY PPL ARE NORMALLLL AND ALL OF YOU HOMOPHOBES SHOULD KNOW THISSSS!" to me, which can at some point become annoying for someone who doesn't need that lesson. That's all. (EDIT: allow me to steal Mashiki Amiketo's link he posted above. These 2 fat gamers got it right, imo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGLPodSLV1M&feature=youtu.be&t=27m50s)

Congrats for getting the brownie-point from RedEye9 though.

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2017, 12:05.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

27. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 10:56 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 09:21:
Quinn wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 04:27:
While I mostly agree with you, people like you should also be careful not to misrepresent and exaggerate what the other is actually saying. Like the SJW's who scream "racist!" the moment someone says they dislike the BLM movement,for example.

You don't have to be a homophobe if you believe that gayness was forced upon you in Mass Effect. I agree with the guy. You can call me whatever you want, or say that I lack introspection, but all I can say to that is that I am perfectly comfortable around gay people and have some gay colleagues around me daily that I find extremely enjoyable people. Still I also observed a sense of "forced upon"-ness. A "look how incredibly morally amazing we are" type of message. Hell, maybe that's a good thing and necessary to give some perspective to actual homophobes. I don't know. Whatever the case, it felt forced upon to me and sometimes it can be kinda tiresome having to battle Social Justice Warriors all of the time because they have the delusion of being able to read people's minds and feelings.

The guy with incredibly racist and homophobic comments in his history saying "I totally have gay friends so my obviously homophobic view point are ok" is just meaningless bullshit and very transparent.

There was nothing forced on the player. Are you unable to comprehend what the word force means? You would have no choice. There were choices in the game for straight players, gay players and bi players. Nothing was forced on anyone at any time. The fact that you think offering others options is you being forced to do something screams about your internal thoughts on the matter and how insensitive you are. Let's be fucking blunt here. You just don't want to see other options because they threaten your world view. You would prefer they put a tickbox at the very beginning of the game saying "Please don't even hint any gayness, I am too fucking immature".

When the game forces you to romance a gay dude, you are being forced. The games have clearly delineated romance breakpoints and they never force you to do anything. It's fine to say you think the game is moralizing to you and that it's obnoxious. It's not ok to falsely claim the game is forcing anything on the player.

Using one's own experiences in arguments is usually a weak and stupid thing to do, except for some cases. When someone claims you're a racist toward black people and you tell them you have black friends, it's really not as ridiculous a point as many SJWs claim it to be. Same here. You claim to know me better than I know myself by telling me I'm a homophobe. If I was, however, I'd have an issue with having gay people around me. I obviously don't. Unlike many, however, I don't think being gay is somehow better or cooler than being hetero. I'm actually indifferent about it.

You are right about one thing: in a battle of semantics, I shouldn't have used the word "forced". What I meant was that they forced their awesome moral compass down my throat. But KNOW, because this is important, that I am solely talking about Mass Effect 3; solely talking about Steve. I'm sure his character was the victim of a terrible deadline, but whatever. Also note that nowhere did I mention I had a problem with the available gay romance options. Nowhere.

But hey, you know what's funny? You are doing exactly what I advised the other guy not to do: exaggerating and misrepresenting another's POV plus deluding yourself that you can read my mind and my feelings. This argument is about me and how I feel, so you are in a fucking huge disadvantage here. I am telling you that I am no homophobe. If you believe I am, somehow, then there is nothing I can say or do to change your mind.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

17. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 04:27 Quinn

NKD wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 02:29:
I never once felt bothered by the gay romance options, or felt like they were trying to force it upon me.

I think some people could do with a little introspection about why certain things bug them more than they bug other people. Is it really trying to "convince you that you need to be gay"? If not, then why are you emotionally driven to exaggeration by it? Were you also bothered by the romance options that, while straight, weren't the ones you were interested in? Why did only the gay ones bother you?

A lot of the problems we have as humans stem from a lack of introspection. We don't examine why we feel the way we do about things. Some people feel strongly about some gay content in their games, but they don't examine why. They often get defensive about it too, and vigorously deny hating gay people.

"I don't hate gays, but I don't ever want to be reminded they exist or that I share the same world with them. If I am, I'll scream bloody murder about it being forced upon me." seems to be a popular opinion among gamers when it comes to gay content in games.

While I mostly agree with you, people like you should also be careful not to misrepresent and exaggerate what the other is actually saying. Like the SJW's who scream "racist!" the moment someone says they dislike the BLM movement,for example.

You don't have to be a homophobe if you believe that gayness was forced upon you in Mass Effect. I agree with the guy. You can call me whatever you want, or say that I lack introspection, but all I can say to that is that I am perfectly comfortable around gay people and have some gay colleagues around me daily that I find extremely enjoyable people. Still I also observed a sense of "forced upon"-ness. A "look how incredibly morally amazing we are" type of message. Hell, maybe that's a good thing and necessary to give some perspective to actual homophobes. I don't know. Whatever the case, it felt forced upon to me and sometimes it can be kinda tiresome having to battle Social Justice Warriors all of the time because they have the delusion of being able to read people's minds and feelings.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
12. Re: Vampyr Trailer Dec 25, 2016, 08:00 Quinn

Actually looking forward to this game a lot. I realize that the older I get, the more I wish for story-based action games that are more linear and less openworld/sandbox.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
5. Re: Vampyr Trailer Dec 23, 2016, 20:05 Quinn

Acleacius wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 18:07:
I saw the original trailer released a couple of months ago. The big problems seem to be the Lore. Not to mention their previous game Life is Strange was so binary (i.e. final choice).

In this game afai can see, if you feed you kill. No matter your whether your playing good or evil. It seems a ridiculous, since vampires obviously need living healthy humans. Lore which kills every time you feed obviously destroys your food source, duh.

I do really enjoy the different art styles their games offer. Just they seriously need to spend more time on their writing or hire new ones. If they can't pull off the scenarios and general dialog, then it won't matter if they have a great story lines.

In what world do you live? The concept of having to kill your prey in order to feed isn't that alien to me...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale Thursday?
8. Re: Steam Winter Sale Thursday? Dec 20, 2016, 17:30 Quinn

Saboth wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 17:18:
They need to find a way to make them fun again. The price reductions amount to about 50% off, even if they say 75% off, because they take 3 year old games and state the price is still $60. Better than nothing, but games that would have been $1-$2 in the past rarely go below $5 now. $5 seems to be the floor for pretty much any game that isn't shovelware.

I agree. Season sale is dead. 4 years ago, I literally set my alarm in the middle of the night to check the new flash sales. It was all just crazy exciting.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Dishonored 2 New Game Plus Mode Released
6. Re: Dishonored 2 New Game Plus Mode Released Dec 20, 2016, 01:57 Quinn

fds wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 00:30:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 21:48:
Whew, thankfully bethesda aren't a bunch of dumbasses who would post major spoilers of the game, in a press release.

What do you mean? I have reread the whole thing multiple times and there's not a hint of a spoiler in it. All it contains is a brief description of the non-interactive intro sequence at the very beginning of the game.

I think he somehow wasn't being sarcastic.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Styx: Shards of Darkness Trailer
2. Re: Styx: Shards of Darkness Trailer Dec 15, 2016, 18:38 Quinn

They seem really invested in the IP they've created. Of Orcs And Men was an interesting game set in an interesting world. Styx was good in a way that the gameplay felt like the golden age of stealth games, where the approach you chose depended moreso on your own creativity and less on the set and predetermined paths. Styx couldn't hold my interest when the game's story didn't interest me enough to hold on when the game let go of it's linearity by giving you a base of operstions and multiple dofferent maps to start in your own order.

Still interested in this sequel, somehow. I admire their investment in this IP and I want them to succeed.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Surge Gameplay Video
2. Re: The Surge Gameplay Video Dec 14, 2016, 11:19 Quinn

Alamar wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 11:15:
Sci-fi Dark Souls? Yes please... Not a fan of the glitching screen effects though...

Noticed the 'souls' multiplier in the bottom right, and I'm wondering if it's made by Lords of the Fallen people.

It is. I liked LotF much, much more than Dark Souls. Looking forward to this one.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch
18. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Dec 12, 2016, 15:33 Quinn

I think I was touching on state: burnout when I started playing NMS. My Vince Verdict review was overly optimistic and calling the final verdict "therapeutic" was a telltale sign.
I'm OK now. Apparently NMS' stable boringness saved my overworked ass...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Patch and Event
6. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Patch and Event Dec 10, 2016, 17:52 Quinn

Slick wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 07:54:
How do you access the zodiac mission? I pre-ordered, so i *think* I'm supposed to have it? Does it appear after you've finished the main campaign?

It triggers automatically after you've reached a specific point in the campaign. Right after you recruit the dude with dreadlocks.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 PC Demo This Month
10. Re: Resident Evil 7 PC Demo This Month Dec 5, 2016, 02:14 Quinn

This game is built for the VR glasses. It will be mediocre in every other way but for VR it will probably be a good first step.
Think about the first 3D movies, where the story and everything else didn't matter as long as the 3D effects were good.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced
24. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced Dec 4, 2016, 18:06 Quinn

Prez wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 15:42:
If I remember correctly the Blues crowd was largely negative on this game. I actually thought it was fun as hell though.

Me too. I somehow never forget the map with the dam. Especially the end of that map. Fucking impressive! In fact, many maps were memorable.

Btw, it's time to take a reality pill stop praising HL(2) forever and ever and ever? Yes, the games were great for their time but I think the endless praising is a mental plague. Same with Star Wars and the Darth Vader timeline. Is it really that awesome? Is Darth Vader really that awesome? Awesome enough for the milking that's been going on for decades now? I think it's not and I think that needs to be said more. And who can honestly really look forward to a HL3? That gravity gun and mysterious aliens aren't going to impress you any longer. And I honestly believe that many who stop and think for a moment, realize that their praising of these titles is just a programmed loop in their mind. I've caught myself praising shit I give fuck-all about, too. Evolution, tribalism, etc. etc...

/rant

Ps: not sure where that came from but it had to get out xP

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steep Released
13. Re: Steep Released Dec 3, 2016, 21:13 Quinn

If this was a Just Cause add-on, it would be phenomenal.
But it's not.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Dwarves Released
5. Re: The Dwarves Released Dec 2, 2016, 02:15 Quinn

This looks amazingly good!?  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Released
23. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Released Nov 30, 2016, 18:25 Quinn

When I bought the game during my standard moment of zombie-autopilot (of course I'm talking about Sunday around 10AM) I cursed myself for throwing money away on gambles. Luckily, this one is a pleasant surprise!

I was cool with playing the black guy but highly disappointed with his thuggish way of talking and the tribal "glad to see anotha brodda" shit that's going on between him and the other guy with similar skin color.

The story is... Silly so far (2,5 hours in or something). In this context, killing people should just let a chip in your neck explode or whatever -- it just doesn't make sense to go on a rampage. Why not? The game starts with Marcus saying "I am gonna hack into Blume's network and wipe my profile. I'm sick of being flagged a danger to society!" Wellll guess the system was right all along! Wish Snowden would've shut the hell up....

All bitching aside, I'm having great fun! The gadgets are great in this game and I normally ignore gadgets xP Just great gameplay. Good buy for 45 bucks!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
27. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Nov 29, 2016, 18:33 Quinn

Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 17:48:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 15:09:
Ugh.. Anyone else finding that as you get old you have no time to actually play and finish the games that come out? Currently my game queue list just keeps growing.

Yeah, I do tend to take more time to finish games. The days when I'd get a new game and have it finished the next day are long since past. I still haven't finished Dishonored 2. My solution: just buy fewer games

The only reason I haven't finished Dishonored 2 is because of the garbage performance, relatively. I haven't tried after the 4gb patch of last week but that's because ppl here said they didn't notice anything.

This game runs very well! I still absolutely curse the fact I went to 144hz because 60fps is now stuttery to me and an actual no go, but turning on the AA option that forces MSAA 2X (cant remember the term atm) DRASTICALLY increased my fps. And yes, it actually warranted the capital letters.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow
15. Re: The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow Nov 23, 2016, 13:28 Quinn

Darks wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 13:06:
Quinn wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 10:56:
I think the decision was beyond stupid to have the entire campaign section be forced PVE. I missed the possibility of randomly running into another player while doing quests and see if they'd go hostile or not.

PvE was boring as fuck and that's coming from a PvE kinda gamer. This game is a failure by design.

Your comment is about as lame as they come. Especially from someone who just claimed hes all about PVE. Why in the world would you want the main campaign to be PVP? And have more asshats running around and cheating and ruining the SP experience for others like they have already done to the DZ?

If the DZ taught us anything its that PVP especially in this game is a disaster and you want to invite more that bullshit?

Seriously dude, get a grip on reality.
Did you even bother to think about what you said before you even wrote it?

You're reading my comment "wrong". I meant that PVE was so terribly boring that the only quick-win/quick-fix would be adding the PVP part to it.

If a PVE campaign is really good, I agree.. I'd hate to be annoyed by assholes.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow
12. Re: The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow Nov 22, 2016, 10:56 Quinn

I think the decision was beyond stupid to have the entire campaign section be forced PVE. I missed the possibility of randomly running into another player while doing quests and see if they'd go hostile or not.

PvE was boring as fuck and that's coming from a PvE kinda gamer. This game is a failure by design.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2369 Comments. 119 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo