Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2112 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher III Graphics Mod
9. Re: The Witcher III Graphics Mod Dec 25, 2015, 21:11 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 20:32:
Quinn wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 18:30:
Btw I really hope this game will get a good rebalancing mod before the second expansion comes out. I want to replay it, but not with the current balance.

My god, how I hated the fact the main quests were getting gray while I still had 15 sidequests to do before going to that other island.

In the long run, it doesn't really matter. You'll still level up at a normal pace even if you don't get the max XP reward for every quest.

No, the bigger issue is that leveling becomes pointless once you've filled up all your skill slots. You'll just be dumping points into skills you either don't use or can't use because all your slots are filled. I'm hoping they add some more skill slots in the Blood & Wine expansion.

Yeah leveling up isn't the issue, it's just getting really easy without it being my intent.

And yeah, I never really liked the skilltree. Way too much passive stuff, imo.

Can't wait to replay it, though. I really want to drool again.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: The Witcher III Graphics Mod Dec 25, 2015, 18:30 Quinn

Btw I really hope this game will get a good rebalancing mod before the second expansion comes out. I want to replay it, but not with the current balance.

My god, how I hated the fact the main quests were getting gray while I still had 15 sidequests to do before going to that other island.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

4. Re: The Witcher III Graphics Mod Dec 25, 2015, 18:27 Quinn

Bundy wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 17:58:
Looks pretty good but personally, I think the stock textures already look more than good enough.

I agree. Not worth the hassle. I'm sure that any framerate drop after installing this mod I will blame on it, also, whether it's true or not.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X
27. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 25, 2015, 10:30 Quinn

Santa Claus wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 10:25:
Quinn wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 09:20:
Windows works fine. All games are compatible with it. I don't give a fuck about spying and Edward Snowden shouldn't have tried to be a fucking hero. That went off topic.

All I know is that Win10 works flawlessly and Windows updates (oooo Illuminati!) actually fix stability issues.

I have no problem with Windows because I have no problems with it. Never had. Linux hipsters are fine. But Linux hipsters that are gamers, sound crazy to me.

There's nothing hip about running Linux, its the opposite of hip. It's dense and requires an attention span. You have no idea what is in your Windows Updates nor what they do, you never delve beyond the surface of anything at all. Merry Christmas clueless gamer

Lump of coal for you hahaha.

If it works, it's good enough for me. There's nothing more to it. I could dig deeper but.. ehhh, why would I. I'm a gamer. Not a programmer.

And now that you mention it: Merry Christmas indeed, mate

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

23. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 25, 2015, 09:20 Quinn

Santa Claus wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 08:26:
Quinn wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 05:50:
Why are we Windows "fanboys"? Easy: because it WORKS!

I read your comment, and all I was thinking the entire time was: What did Windows ever do to you, that you would avoid it so religiously? It's like choosing to live your life in a wheelchair because you're pissed off at something your legs did when you were younger.

These days Windows just SPIES and you can't even disable it. It also forces you to slurp whatever updates they want and you no longer have any control. Some people might want to use their PC for something other than being an advertising metric for Microsoft. It's ok to admit you don't understand Linux too BTW, it takes more than 10 seconds to learn and appreciate which is probably too long for many people. Sorry that Linux took your lunch money.

Windows works fine. All games are compatible with it. I don't give a fuck about spying and Edward Snowden shouldn't have tried to be a fucking hero. That went off topic.

All I know is that Win10 works flawlessly and Windows updates (oooo Illuminati!) actually fix stability issues.

I have no problem with Windows because I have no problems with it. Never had. Linux hipsters are fine. But Linux hipsters that are gamers, sound crazy to me.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

22. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 25, 2015, 08:35 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 06:26:
Quinn wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 05:50:
YMMV.

I read your comment, and all I was thinking the entire time was: What did Windows ever do to you, that you would avoid it so religiously? It's like choosing to live your life in a wheelchair because you're pissed off at something your legs did when you were younger.

It's also hundreds of dollars for a license. Linux is free.

Wait what hundreds? I paid 40 dollars for Win8.1 pro and upgraded it to Win10 for free.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

17. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 25, 2015, 05:50 Quinn

Xil wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 04:38:
WaltC wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 15:47:
I can't understand why anyone with more than a purely casual, take-it-or-leave it attitude about games would voluntarily confine himself to OS X or a Linux distro.

I kicked Windows out of the house about 6 years ago and been running opensuse on all systems at home.

As a gamer I have to agree it was difficult but often I get pretty far using Wine and I come to live with the fact that big AAA games simply won't come out and thus I get them on the PS4 if I really want them.

I got to admit I also no longer have the erge -like when I was younger- to get every game when it comes out so I had no big issue waiting for DoS. I got 304 Linux games under Steam out of the 442 in total I have on Steam. They all run and I do wonder if those 140 windows only once still work under windows 10 as they where all bought in the WinXP era. So personally I don't see any need to go back to windows.

Not sure why you mention second-rate ports, DoS what this thread is about is far from that and I am pretty sure I got the same experience you got, albeit a bit later. But in general there are bad ports, but you learn to avoid them quite easly

As for the GPU drivers, the Nvidia drivers are pretty damn good under linux as they share a big code base with the windows drivers, with Vulkan around the corner it will only get better.

For none game-ing people its a lot easier, if I look at my mother (78) she is running it on her laptop and browses/email/libre office away like she does not know any better, she loved KDE5, prints via Wifi to her HP5520 and I see no issue there to ever install windows there either.

So to each it's own I guess, like you can't understand why people would game under linux I can't understand why people are windows fanboys, but hey such is life.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Season of Infamy DLC Released
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Season of Infamy DLC Released Dec 22, 2015, 11:00 Quinn

I find that title extremely ironic.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > GeForce Experience Beta Adds Features
6. Re: GeForce Experience Beta Adds Features Dec 18, 2015, 09:42 Quinn

Since the latest driver, "some games" or just Heroes 7.. not sure yet... make the GPU frequency of my GTX hang on 405Mhz max. Only a reboot can fix that. Annoys me to hell...  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access
15. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access Dec 16, 2015, 01:54 Quinn

People can actually somehow disagree that what they ask for this expansion is a little bit too fucking much?! I bought the original shell of a game for 45 bucks -- felt more like a test ground for a glorified simulator than anything else -- and yet they ask the same price for this? Don't make me laugh.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper 360 Trailer
8. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper 360 Trailer Dec 15, 2015, 18:28 Quinn

Thank baby Jesus I stopped playing this shite after Black Flag. Everyone who throws money at Ubisoft for this shit is telling them they are totally OK with playing the same game over and over and over and over again for years and years and years on end. At least with Black Flag they added something new and noteworthy... and then somehow decided to remove it.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 13, 2015, 16:14 Quinn

I have like 120 hours into Fallout 4. Shockingly. Even more shocking is that I actually think of it as a forgettable experience and forgettable game. Still... 120 hours... It basically sums up Bethesda's games. Must be the horrible storytelling.

A Bethesda game will never leave a mark like Vampire - The Masquerade: Redemption or Deus Ex, or The Witcher. Still you waste your life on it completely.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
16. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Dec 13, 2015, 04:44 Quinn

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 23:05:
I bought the game when it was new and played it for a few weeks. Like others have mentioned, the terrible writing, so-boring-watching-grass-grow-would-be-more-exciting quests, and the abysmal graphics were huge turnoffs for me.

All we needed was Skyrim co-op.

Boring quests? For an MMO, the quests are fantastic! I liked the fact that almost every quest is part of a chain. Have you realllly played ESO, though? I ask because the quests are Skyrim caliber.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
5. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Dec 12, 2015, 17:21 Quinn

Love this game. I always wait for a period where I'm completely out of games, so I can dive back into this pearl. Never happens, "sadly".  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Patches Out P2W
6. Re: Tribes: Ascend Patches Out P2W Dec 11, 2015, 06:04 Quinn

Had some great time with Tribes: Ascend. It was hardcore. If you have skill, you annihilate. Unlike CoD and its clones. I'm somehow an avarage COD player, yet rocked the charts in Tribes: Ascend. So much more opportunities to excell in, I guess.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Community Pack #2
2. Re: Sword Coast Legends Community Pack #2 Dec 9, 2015, 18:21 Quinn

I wanna love this game, because... well, Faerun. But from what I've heard and seen I'm not gonna risk throwing away more than something around 13 bucks.

If it's on sale for that price somewhere, PM me and I'm thankful

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2015, 18:46.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Paragon is a MOBA
25. Re: Paragon is a MOBA Dec 9, 2015, 10:23 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 22:24:
Quinn wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 18:55:
Maniac wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 05:19:
I'm not a big MOBA fan, but it does seem they want to do it differently by giving the players more freedom with their heroes via 3rd person control. Maybe it will be enough to give them that different feeling and through that a player base.

Example alpha gameplay here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gw9fJGKvcc&lc

edit: and I noticed it was already in the initial post as well. Oh well. Looks different from your usual top-down MOBAs

Thanks for the comment anyway. I didn't read the initial post past "MOBA" and just wanted to read the commments because I enjoy reading complaints for some reason.

That 3rd person addition may actually be a USP that might work.

Did you try Smite?

Nope never. Isn't that a defense tower game or something? It has had about zero of my attention

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Next Year?
12. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Next Year? Dec 8, 2015, 12:55 Quinn

May 2017  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Paragon is a MOBA
23. Re: Paragon is a MOBA Dec 7, 2015, 18:55 Quinn

Maniac wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 05:19:
I'm not a big MOBA fan, but it does seem they want to do it differently by giving the players more freedom with their heroes via 3rd person control. Maybe it will be enough to give them that different feeling and through that a player base.

Example alpha gameplay here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gw9fJGKvcc&lc

edit: and I noticed it was already in the initial post as well. Oh well. Looks different from your usual top-down MOBAs

Thanks for the comment anyway. I didn't read the initial post past "MOBA" and just wanted to read the commments because I enjoy reading complaints for some reason.

That 3rd person addition may actually be a USP that might work.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 7, 2015, 11:28 Quinn

Retired wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 09:43:
One of the best uprades to JC3 is the fact you can't just steam roll everything in the world with a choppa.....the AA will get ya.

Now that you mention it, that is a good addition indeed!

Another great upgrade is the wingsuit. A tip: Switching between parachute and wingsuit repeatedly can keep you airborne practically forever because switching to the wingsuit gives you some nice and unrealistic momentum which you can use to gain altitude. Handy if you want to cross a large body of water with your wingsuit and realize you're not gonna make it.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2112 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo