Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2124 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 20, 2016, 04:59 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 02:45:
RPG has to do this kind of stuff imo... If you'd be having enemies die from 1 hit all the time then there would be no progression possible at all and where would be the point of that then?

What matters is if the combat has enough tactical depth and smart AI to be fun... and I kinda doubt the latter.

I agree with the progression part. Also, me and my guys would line up headshots with every ambush and time it. There would be no challenge.

I still have my doubts too, though. I mean... I know what the Dark Zones are now, since they've given us a 27mins gameplay vid of it, but I have no fucking clue what the game will be like outside of these zones. Does anyone have a link or can anyone tell me? A quick google search got me nowhere.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blade & Soul Launches
11. Re: Blade & Soul Launches Jan 19, 2016, 17:36 Quinn

Goodness this is fucking hideous! Make it GO AWAY!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 19, 2016, 12:18 Quinn

Paranoid Jack wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 00:15:
Sgt. Rock wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 14:23:
Quinn wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 10:23:
Personally I've become crazy excited for The Division by now. I'm also 80% certain Ubi won't deliver, and we'll look back at the footage they released thinking "What. The. Fuck? Did their computers + backup burn down so they had to restart from scratch a half year ago?".

They already cut up the map so the can sell the pieces as DLC:
the-divsion-2013-multiple-dark-zones-brooklyn-not-in-game.jpg

I als got a beta key from the Humble Bundle, so I'll see how much Ubishit fucked it up.

I noticed in the recently released Developer Backed Reviews that the map size was cut way down. I'm getting it for the co-op but the stupid full clip and a half to kill an enemy is just silly. Not sure how much I will play it but I will know more the last weekend of the month. If the beta is bad I can still back out of my GameStop purchase. The only good reason to use GameStop in my opinion.

I think I'm ok with the '1,5 clip to kill' thing. Which is an exaggeration. I think crap like CoD and CS had us forget what games were like. Games like RTCW:ET and stuff before that. I haven't been very analytic yet, but in my mind's eye all Division characters wear pretty thick body armor. I talked with a friend who's in the army about armor a while ago, and there's armor that could even stop bullets from a sniper rifle let alone the average assault rifle. Without a doubt I dare bet my ass that full headshots will do major damage, anyway.

Yup, to me, I think this is a good thing. Skill is no longer based merely on who can pull that trigger first.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2016, 10:23 Quinn

Personally I've become crazy excited for The Division by now. I'm also 80% certain Ubi won't deliver, and we'll look back at the footage they released thinking "What. The. Fuck? Did their computers + backup burn down so they had to restart from scratch a half year ago?".

I hope not. The concept sounds so good. I bought a 1 dollar beta key. I'll see soon enough.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Division Beta This Month
11. Re: The Division Beta This Month Jan 16, 2016, 22:27 Quinn

The only way I can imagine this will suck is when too much is instanced or too little is. I haven't looked into it enough yet but I can't imagine they drop thousands of ppl in one city. It will be a ridiculous slaughterfest. But it can't be just you and your party either.

The whole game sounds too cool to be true.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

33. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 11, 2016, 15:19 Quinn

sauron wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 14:53:
I'm finally getting to play The Witcher 3 on my new gaming rig. Oh. My. God. I'm hugely impressed so far.

Great graphice, great story, visceral combat, great atmosphere, deep backstory, lots of interesting characters. Just fantastic.

I agree. Can't wait to replay it with all the expansions. I do hope for a level-scaling mod, though. It's one thing I hated in this game pretty greatly.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jan 9, 2016, 19:00 Quinn

Their JC3 review is spot on. That game gets boring/repetitive remarmably quick.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Far Cry: Primal Specs
12. Re: Far Cry: Primal Specs Jan 8, 2016, 15:18 Quinn

I'm having a hard time imagining how this game will not bore the hell out of you within an hour or two. How creative can they get with weapons, means of transportation and enemies?

Hell who knows, maybe this game will have a twist.. "ancient aliens" coming to earth or whatever.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
97. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 7, 2016, 04:11 Quinn

Ridiculous price for a dumb thing. Knock on my door once all games support it by default and it's not just a lame headpiece but an entire body piece, with some sort of treadmill tech included.

This is just so meh, so overhyped. Imo.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28
16. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 16:08 Quinn

My i7-6700K Skylake will have one of his first runs with a hot chick. This is good.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 3, 2016, 15:55 Quinn

Creston, the grapple delay is because you remapped it and he now first presses his detonator before he grapples. You can change this in the ini. Google it.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Dec 28, 2015, 14:57 Quinn

Although it kinda sucks, my login never fails. Maybe you should remove your .exe from your firewall list xP  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Witcher III Graphics Mod
9. Re: The Witcher III Graphics Mod Dec 25, 2015, 21:11 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 20:32:
Quinn wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 18:30:
Btw I really hope this game will get a good rebalancing mod before the second expansion comes out. I want to replay it, but not with the current balance.

My god, how I hated the fact the main quests were getting gray while I still had 15 sidequests to do before going to that other island.

In the long run, it doesn't really matter. You'll still level up at a normal pace even if you don't get the max XP reward for every quest.

No, the bigger issue is that leveling becomes pointless once you've filled up all your skill slots. You'll just be dumping points into skills you either don't use or can't use because all your slots are filled. I'm hoping they add some more skill slots in the Blood & Wine expansion.

Yeah leveling up isn't the issue, it's just getting really easy without it being my intent.

And yeah, I never really liked the skilltree. Way too much passive stuff, imo.

Can't wait to replay it, though. I really want to drool again.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

5. Re: The Witcher III Graphics Mod Dec 25, 2015, 18:30 Quinn

Btw I really hope this game will get a good rebalancing mod before the second expansion comes out. I want to replay it, but not with the current balance.

My god, how I hated the fact the main quests were getting gray while I still had 15 sidequests to do before going to that other island.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

4. Re: The Witcher III Graphics Mod Dec 25, 2015, 18:27 Quinn

Bundy wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 17:58:
Looks pretty good but personally, I think the stock textures already look more than good enough.

I agree. Not worth the hassle. I'm sure that any framerate drop after installing this mod I will blame on it, also, whether it's true or not.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X
27. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 25, 2015, 10:30 Quinn

Santa Claus wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 10:25:
Quinn wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 09:20:
Windows works fine. All games are compatible with it. I don't give a fuck about spying and Edward Snowden shouldn't have tried to be a fucking hero. That went off topic.

All I know is that Win10 works flawlessly and Windows updates (oooo Illuminati!) actually fix stability issues.

I have no problem with Windows because I have no problems with it. Never had. Linux hipsters are fine. But Linux hipsters that are gamers, sound crazy to me.

There's nothing hip about running Linux, its the opposite of hip. It's dense and requires an attention span. You have no idea what is in your Windows Updates nor what they do, you never delve beyond the surface of anything at all. Merry Christmas clueless gamer

Lump of coal for you hahaha.

If it works, it's good enough for me. There's nothing more to it. I could dig deeper but.. ehhh, why would I. I'm a gamer. Not a programmer.

And now that you mention it: Merry Christmas indeed, mate

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

23. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 25, 2015, 09:20 Quinn

Santa Claus wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 08:26:
Quinn wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 05:50:
Why are we Windows "fanboys"? Easy: because it WORKS!

I read your comment, and all I was thinking the entire time was: What did Windows ever do to you, that you would avoid it so religiously? It's like choosing to live your life in a wheelchair because you're pissed off at something your legs did when you were younger.

These days Windows just SPIES and you can't even disable it. It also forces you to slurp whatever updates they want and you no longer have any control. Some people might want to use their PC for something other than being an advertising metric for Microsoft. It's ok to admit you don't understand Linux too BTW, it takes more than 10 seconds to learn and appreciate which is probably too long for many people. Sorry that Linux took your lunch money.

Windows works fine. All games are compatible with it. I don't give a fuck about spying and Edward Snowden shouldn't have tried to be a fucking hero. That went off topic.

All I know is that Win10 works flawlessly and Windows updates (oooo Illuminati!) actually fix stability issues.

I have no problem with Windows because I have no problems with it. Never had. Linux hipsters are fine. But Linux hipsters that are gamers, sound crazy to me.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

22. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 25, 2015, 08:35 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 06:26:
Quinn wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 05:50:
YMMV.

I read your comment, and all I was thinking the entire time was: What did Windows ever do to you, that you would avoid it so religiously? It's like choosing to live your life in a wheelchair because you're pissed off at something your legs did when you were younger.

It's also hundreds of dollars for a license. Linux is free.

Wait what hundreds? I paid 40 dollars for Win8.1 pro and upgraded it to Win10 for free.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

17. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 25, 2015, 05:50 Quinn

Xil wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 04:38:
WaltC wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 15:47:
I can't understand why anyone with more than a purely casual, take-it-or-leave it attitude about games would voluntarily confine himself to OS X or a Linux distro.

I kicked Windows out of the house about 6 years ago and been running opensuse on all systems at home.

As a gamer I have to agree it was difficult but often I get pretty far using Wine and I come to live with the fact that big AAA games simply won't come out and thus I get them on the PS4 if I really want them.

I got to admit I also no longer have the erge -like when I was younger- to get every game when it comes out so I had no big issue waiting for DoS. I got 304 Linux games under Steam out of the 442 in total I have on Steam. They all run and I do wonder if those 140 windows only once still work under windows 10 as they where all bought in the WinXP era. So personally I don't see any need to go back to windows.

Not sure why you mention second-rate ports, DoS what this thread is about is far from that and I am pretty sure I got the same experience you got, albeit a bit later. But in general there are bad ports, but you learn to avoid them quite easly

As for the GPU drivers, the Nvidia drivers are pretty damn good under linux as they share a big code base with the windows drivers, with Vulkan around the corner it will only get better.

For none game-ing people its a lot easier, if I look at my mother (78) she is running it on her laptop and browses/email/libre office away like she does not know any better, she loved KDE5, prints via Wifi to her HP5520 and I see no issue there to ever install windows there either.

So to each it's own I guess, like you can't understand why people would game under linux I can't understand why people are windows fanboys, but hey such is life.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Season of Infamy DLC Released
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Season of Infamy DLC Released Dec 22, 2015, 11:00 Quinn

I find that title extremely ironic.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2124 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo