Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2470 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Surge Released
13. Re: Morning Consolidation May 16, 2017, 12:16 Quinn

AirWreck wrote on May 16, 2017, 11:49:
Quinn wrote on May 16, 2017, 01:21:
This game, like Lords of the Fallen, probably wipes the floor with Dark Souls. Fanbois will neber acknowledge this and probably be the source of some irrationally bad reviews, like with Lords of the Fallen.

What do you like about LotF over Dark Souls? I've never played it but really like all the Dark Souls games.

I find it hard to put into words beside the obvious: LotF's interface isn't consolitis infested hell.
LotF playing character feels like he's more with his feet solid on the ground, whereas in DS I feel like you're gliding more. Compare Arkham Asylum with ESO (3rd person) and you may get the idea.
Also, LotF is hard but not unforgiving. You observe a boss and maybe die a few times but once you get it and pay attention, the boss is downed within mere minutes. In DS you're doing nothing else but dodge all the fucking time for basically 30 minutes and attack that one second the boss lends you that break. Then your partner comes in and asks if you want a cup of tea and you can start all the fuck over again. DS bosses to me are like fighting a boss in WoW by yourself while it's in a dungeon designed for 5: it's boring rinse/repeat for ages but drop your routine once and you're dead.
Last but not least, LotF looks thrice as good and is more cinematic in its storytelling.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: The Surge Released May 16, 2017, 05:35 Quinn

Brynjolf wrote on May 16, 2017, 05:06:
Been playing this for four hours last night and its good! Unlike Lords of the Fallen which I tried playing again only yesterday and uninstalled it after 1h

Out of curiosity: what was it with LotF?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

3. Re: The Surge Released May 16, 2017, 01:21 Quinn

This game, like Lords of the Fallen, probably wipes the floor with Dark Souls. Fanbois will neber acknowledge this and probably be the source of some irrationally bad reviews, like with Lords of the Fallen.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Dungeons 2 for Free
9. Re: Dungeons 2 for Free May 13, 2017, 05:18 Quinn

This game is fucking AMAZING, guys. A true spiritual successor to Dungeon Keeper.

Can't believe this is free. If you don't grab this, you're insane.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Surge Launch Trailer
2. Re: The Surge Launch Trailer May 12, 2017, 13:23 Quinn

Fucking ace! Loved Lords of the Fallen so this game gets my money. I'm trusting these guys.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Square Enix Selling IO Interactive
7. Re: Square Enix Selling IO Interactive May 12, 2017, 03:32 Quinn

I bought the first season early, but I was terribly disappointed that there wasn't really a story involved.

I never play games just for the mechanics; the good and fun gameplay. That's never enough to hold my attention. I need a motivator -- always! -- and that motivator is a story.

It's a mental flaw of mine. If I'd have skipped ALL of Skyrim's content, for example, and went straight for the campaign ending... I'd be done with it.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 May 9, 2017, 13:56 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on May 9, 2017, 13:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 9, 2017, 08:58:
Quinn wrote on May 9, 2017, 02:11:
sometimes it helps just to smile even though you're unhappy.

Studies linked that kind of self-delusional behavior to higher chance for depressions.

But you gotta admit CJ posts are really hilarious, he complains about bugs in a game yet he hasn't experienced any bugs himself. Can't tell me that didn't make you laugh Meanwhile there is people like me who played through the game twice now and haven't seen a single bug, there are tons of *glitches* to get out of bounds, duplicate resources, glitch doors, but no game breaking bugs, in fact even the hardest glitchy speedrun had no bugs or corruption, and he ran around without a suit ;p

I don't think CJ is totally off base. How many people waited on Arkham Knight because of all the bugs? Did you have to experience them personally to decide not to play it?

He wouldn't have been entirely offbase if PREY would've been even remotely the clusterfuck that Arkham Knight was at release.
It's not.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

21. Re: Steam Top 10 May 9, 2017, 02:11 Quinn

CJ_Parker, you are such an idiot. "I bought the game and I get gamebreaking bugs as a reward! Mind you, I haven't experienced any bugs personally yet though."
If you don't realize how absolutely idiotic this sounds, then there actually truly is something wrong with you, buddy.

I work for Samsung as a product manager for the Benelux. Trust me, there are always many customers who experience something bad with their product no matter how good the product is. The thing is, complainers complain. Look at any big product on the internet and you'll find people who experienced problems with it. (just tested this on Google, got many hits on both "gta 5 savegame corrupted", "skyrim savegame corrupted", "nier savegame corrupted")

I feel for you, man. I can't imagine you're in a good place in your life right now if all you chronically have to do is complain about everything. Take my advice: sometimes it helps just to smile even though you're unhappy.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

11. Re: removed May 8, 2017, 11:44 Quinn

Quinn wrote on May 8, 2017, 03:53:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 8, 2017, 08:06.

Understandable. Felt good to go on the offense against the guy.

Anyway, don't listen to CJ_Parker. He probably didn't even play the game.

PREY is definitely the GOTY for me. Can't imagine another game coming out this year I'll enjoy more.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

6. removed May 8, 2017, 03:53 Quinn

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 8, 2017, 08:06.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > How Does Prey Run?
7. Re: How Does Prey Run? May 5, 2017, 19:53 Quinn

The game is running like a champ. In fact, the game is a champ.

To me, PREY is the mark of the time PC makes its comeback. Zero Punctuation's PC Master Race meme has been going viral even on 9gag and the overall sound of the community toward PCs has turned from ill-informed ridicule to envious reverence.

Although PC gaming had never left, it is finally making a comeback.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Prey Released
20. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 16:54 Quinn

Creston wrote on May 5, 2017, 16:28:
Does it have 50 seconds of unskippable intro videos again? Does it feel the need to rebuild the shader cache on 7 out of 10 random start-ups?

Yeah remove those intro vids. Problem solved. No startup issues. Game runs flawlessly. You're in (edit: as in, PLAYING) within 15 secs on an SSD.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Ubisoft: What Far Cry 3 Tease?
8. Re: Hey Quinn May 4, 2017, 14:45 Quinn

Quinn wrote on May 4, 2017, 02:18:
Creston wrote on May 3, 2017, 23:01:
Make sure to send us some links.

Quinn wrote on May 3, 2017, 18:25:
I'll cut off my balls and upload it to my YouTube channel if this won't have something strongly to do with Vaas. Perhaps you'll play as him.

Oh shit...

The pain is hard to deal with...

Here is the link.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
56. Re: e: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 4, 2017, 11:42 Quinn

Beamer wrote on May 4, 2017, 10:05:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 4, 2017, 03:08:
Quinn wrote on May 4, 2017, 02:28:
Also, name a demo that lasted longer than 5 hours in the last 20 years.

Ummm... the Mass Effect Andromeda 10 hour free trial last month? OK. It required signing up for a free trial membership of Access but free is free and it was a very generous demo.

More free trials on Origin (that do NOT require also signing up for a free Access trial): Unravel (10 hours), Plants vs. Zombies (10 hours), The Sims 4 (two days, i.e. up to the theoretical maximum of 48h if you ovahdoze on caffeine), BF4 (sevens days = up to 168h including the SP campaign), SWBF (4 hours... OK, not quite 5h), Titanfall (two days = up to 48h), Dragon Age Inquisition (6 hours).

And if this shit ain't enough, you could exploit their Great Game Guarantee refund policy by playing a game for up to 23:59:59 hours. They have a much more generous policy than Steam with their measly 2 hours.

Well, finally Kxmode already mentioned free weekends on Steam. Those usually launch on Thursday at 10:00AM Pacific and last until Sunday.

Saying there haven't been 5h+ demos in the last 20 years is complete uneducated drivel.

10 hours of a Mass Effect game is like 10%.

This isn't an open world game. 10% would be much, much less. But hey, 2 hours is still better than the 3 minutes we used to get from GTA and Carmageddon.

This is exactly what I was getting at. I guess it's also my bad, but goddamnit people really need to have shit spelled out for them until they choose to get it. Thank fuck I'm not in politics. The fucking idiocy.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
47. Re: e: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 4, 2017, 02:28 Quinn

Kxmode wrote on May 3, 2017, 23:11:
Squirmer wrote on May 3, 2017, 17:49:
Kxmode wrote on May 3, 2017, 16:41:
The refund policy is NOT the equivalent of a PC demo and should never be used by publishers as a justification for not releasing a demo when the console versions have them!

Frankly, a refund is the last action a gamer takes when the game doesn't work for them. Two hours is only enough time to tell if the game will even run. There are way too many games that require several hours to see if the game is worth keeping.
So 2 hours isn't enough...but you want the console demo which is only 1 hour?

You say that like those are the only two options. There's another. Steam is a digital distribution platform like Xbox Live and PSN. This gives publishers control over their products. Arkane could ask Steam to release the game 48 hours before the official launch with a 5-hour time limit. For one day (midnight to midnight), everyone can play through Steam for up to five hours. Afterward, the Play button is disabled until launch. Five hours is plenty of time to test on a machine and know if it is worth a purchase. It wouldn't be hard to do this for launch titles. Publishers do this all the time with their "free weekends."

Wow, you are asking a lot! A 5 hours demo? What the hell are you talking about? Games can be finished if you rush them in 5 hours. Also, name a demo that lasted longer than 5 hours in the last 20 years.

Just watch YouTube reviews, contemplate whether this is your type of game or not. Ask yourself where your doubts reside. Buy the game if you're up for taking the possible risk. Play 2 hours to confirm or remove your doubts.
All is good.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Ubisoft: What Far Cry 3 Tease?
5. Re: Hey Quinn May 4, 2017, 02:18 Quinn

Creston wrote on May 3, 2017, 23:01:
Make sure to send us some links.

Quinn wrote on May 3, 2017, 18:25:
I'll cut off my balls and upload it to my YouTube channel if this won't have something strongly to do with Vaas. Perhaps you'll play as him.

Oh shit...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Tease
15. Re: Far Cry 3 Tease May 3, 2017, 18:25 Quinn

El Pit wrote on May 3, 2017, 12:28:
Pardon my French, but vaut le fuq would we do with a remaster? FarCry 3 still looks awesome with all bells and whistles turned on. Maybe it is FarCry 3: Unfinished Business? We get back to the island and this time will actually be the bad guy for a change?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

6. Re: Far Cry 3 Tease May 3, 2017, 12:12 Quinn

Creston wrote on May 3, 2017, 12:06:
I'd love another tropical Far Cry. Far Cry SHOULD be tropical.

Also, to me this image actually kind of struck me as a pirates thing because of the skull? Maybe another Black Flag game???

Dude it's an actual FC3 image...

This comment was edited on May 3, 2017, 12:28.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

4. Re: Far Cry 3 Tease May 3, 2017, 11:52 Quinn

They know they didn't milk Vaas enough. And in this case, I actually agree.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > ESO: Morrowind Trailer
11. Re: ESO: Morrowind Trailer May 3, 2017, 08:18 Quinn

I love the fact that almost all quests have chains and their stories are actually pretty engaging most of the time.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2470 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo