Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2440 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > How Does Prey Run?
7. Re: How Does Prey Run? May 5, 2017, 19:53 Quinn

The game is running like a champ. In fact, the game is a champ.

To me, PREY is the mark of the time PC makes its comeback. Zero Punctuation's PC Master Race meme has been going viral even on 9gag and the overall sound of the community toward PCs has turned from ill-informed ridicule to envious reverence.

Although PC gaming had never left, it is finally making a comeback.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Prey Released
20. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 16:54 Quinn

Creston wrote on May 5, 2017, 16:28:
Does it have 50 seconds of unskippable intro videos again? Does it feel the need to rebuild the shader cache on 7 out of 10 random start-ups?

Yeah remove those intro vids. Problem solved. No startup issues. Game runs flawlessly. You're in (edit: as in, PLAYING) within 15 secs on an SSD.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Ubisoft: What Far Cry 3 Tease?
8. Re: Hey Quinn May 4, 2017, 14:45 Quinn

Quinn wrote on May 4, 2017, 02:18:
Creston wrote on May 3, 2017, 23:01:
Make sure to send us some links.

Quinn wrote on May 3, 2017, 18:25:
I'll cut off my balls and upload it to my YouTube channel if this won't have something strongly to do with Vaas. Perhaps you'll play as him.

Oh shit...

The pain is hard to deal with...

Here is the link.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
56. Re: e: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 4, 2017, 11:42 Quinn

Beamer wrote on May 4, 2017, 10:05:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 4, 2017, 03:08:
Quinn wrote on May 4, 2017, 02:28:
Also, name a demo that lasted longer than 5 hours in the last 20 years.

Ummm... the Mass Effect Andromeda 10 hour free trial last month? OK. It required signing up for a free trial membership of Access but free is free and it was a very generous demo.

More free trials on Origin (that do NOT require also signing up for a free Access trial): Unravel (10 hours), Plants vs. Zombies (10 hours), The Sims 4 (two days, i.e. up to the theoretical maximum of 48h if you ovahdoze on caffeine), BF4 (sevens days = up to 168h including the SP campaign), SWBF (4 hours... OK, not quite 5h), Titanfall (two days = up to 48h), Dragon Age Inquisition (6 hours).

And if this shit ain't enough, you could exploit their Great Game Guarantee refund policy by playing a game for up to 23:59:59 hours. They have a much more generous policy than Steam with their measly 2 hours.

Well, finally Kxmode already mentioned free weekends on Steam. Those usually launch on Thursday at 10:00AM Pacific and last until Sunday.

Saying there haven't been 5h+ demos in the last 20 years is complete uneducated drivel.

10 hours of a Mass Effect game is like 10%.

This isn't an open world game. 10% would be much, much less. But hey, 2 hours is still better than the 3 minutes we used to get from GTA and Carmageddon.

This is exactly what I was getting at. I guess it's also my bad, but goddamnit people really need to have shit spelled out for them until they choose to get it. Thank fuck I'm not in politics. The fucking idiocy.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
47. Re: e: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 4, 2017, 02:28 Quinn

Kxmode wrote on May 3, 2017, 23:11:
Squirmer wrote on May 3, 2017, 17:49:
Kxmode wrote on May 3, 2017, 16:41:
The refund policy is NOT the equivalent of a PC demo and should never be used by publishers as a justification for not releasing a demo when the console versions have them!

Frankly, a refund is the last action a gamer takes when the game doesn't work for them. Two hours is only enough time to tell if the game will even run. There are way too many games that require several hours to see if the game is worth keeping.
So 2 hours isn't enough...but you want the console demo which is only 1 hour?

You say that like those are the only two options. There's another. Steam is a digital distribution platform like Xbox Live and PSN. This gives publishers control over their products. Arkane could ask Steam to release the game 48 hours before the official launch with a 5-hour time limit. For one day (midnight to midnight), everyone can play through Steam for up to five hours. Afterward, the Play button is disabled until launch. Five hours is plenty of time to test on a machine and know if it is worth a purchase. It wouldn't be hard to do this for launch titles. Publishers do this all the time with their "free weekends."

Wow, you are asking a lot! A 5 hours demo? What the hell are you talking about? Games can be finished if you rush them in 5 hours. Also, name a demo that lasted longer than 5 hours in the last 20 years.

Just watch YouTube reviews, contemplate whether this is your type of game or not. Ask yourself where your doubts reside. Buy the game if you're up for taking the possible risk. Play 2 hours to confirm or remove your doubts.
All is good.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Ubisoft: What Far Cry 3 Tease?
5. Re: Hey Quinn May 4, 2017, 02:18 Quinn

Creston wrote on May 3, 2017, 23:01:
Make sure to send us some links.

Quinn wrote on May 3, 2017, 18:25:
I'll cut off my balls and upload it to my YouTube channel if this won't have something strongly to do with Vaas. Perhaps you'll play as him.

Oh shit...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Tease
15. Re: Far Cry 3 Tease May 3, 2017, 18:25 Quinn

El Pit wrote on May 3, 2017, 12:28:
Pardon my French, but vaut le fuq would we do with a remaster? FarCry 3 still looks awesome with all bells and whistles turned on. Maybe it is FarCry 3: Unfinished Business? We get back to the island and this time will actually be the bad guy for a change?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

6. Re: Far Cry 3 Tease May 3, 2017, 12:12 Quinn

Creston wrote on May 3, 2017, 12:06:
I'd love another tropical Far Cry. Far Cry SHOULD be tropical.

Also, to me this image actually kind of struck me as a pirates thing because of the skull? Maybe another Black Flag game???

Dude it's an actual FC3 image...

This comment was edited on May 3, 2017, 12:28.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

4. Re: Far Cry 3 Tease May 3, 2017, 11:52 Quinn

They know they didn't milk Vaas enough. And in this case, I actually agree.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > ESO: Morrowind Trailer
11. Re: ESO: Morrowind Trailer May 3, 2017, 08:18 Quinn

I love the fact that almost all quests have chains and their stories are actually pretty engaging most of the time.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > ESO: Morrowind Trailer
5. Re: ESO: Morrowind Trailer May 3, 2017, 01:17 Quinn

1:39! The elder scrolls online!!!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Little Nightmares Released
6. Re: Little Nightmares Released May 1, 2017, 06:10 Quinn

Pr()ZaC wrote on Apr 30, 2017, 08:15:
Xero wrote on Apr 29, 2017, 17:36:
Reviews are stating it's a 3 hour game at the most. That a lone seems to get everyone mad that reviewed it.
I felt it was long enough. Without rushing it, it's a 3 hours long game - a much better alternative to a movie at the cinema.

You apply that logic to all your leisurely entertainments? What did you donate to Bethesda for Skyrim? 3k?

3 hours without rushing it... I'm sorry but that's ridiculously short imo.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > For Honor Season 2 Details
2. Re: For Honor Season 2 Details Apr 29, 2017, 04:21 Quinn

The gameplay was just absolute fucking shite. It felt as if my character acted on my commands a fraction of a second too late all the time. It made the entire experience feel extremely sluggish and frustrating.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Vivendi and Ubisoft to Finally Get a Room?
15. Re: Vivendi and Ubisoft to Finally Get a Room? Apr 27, 2017, 09:57 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 08:25:
Quinn wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 04:55:
Avus wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 02:11:
i feel nothing that Ubisuck was bought by some other company.... It really means nothing for the gamers

Same. I don't get the EA hate anymore,because I actually like many of their new releases. Ubisoft on the other hand has been throwing that same boring as FUCK formula over all of their new games. And Division was a failure beyond comparison.

Yeah.. but hating on ubisoft is equally pointless, all the things I hate them for (shoving uPlay down my throat, what they did to Anno and most importantly, what they did to Silent Hunter) are things that likely won't improve in any way with a media conglomerate behind it that has literally no profit strategy.

Totally agree! What I assume is that after such a takeover, the entire abomination just dies. From the ashes, maybe a company that starts giving a shit again rises.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > GTA Online Tiny Racers Update & Tax Refund
8. Re: GTA Online Tiny Racers Update & Tax Refund Apr 27, 2017, 06:32 Quinn

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 06:01:
Quinn wrote on Apr 26, 2017, 22:33:
The phenomenon called R* is what always has me wondering why there's no real hating toward these fuckers.

I'm sure the internet is primed and ready to go on this hateventure with you. They just needed a proper leader to raise the hate banner, and arm the hate cannons, so we can show these evil bastards what for!

Seriously though, the only division of rockstar that I have any issues with is Toronto, for the abomination that is GTA IV on PC. Yeah maybe there's something to be said for some dislike towards the San Diego team for not releasing the RDR series on PC yet, but I don't know that was entirely their decision either.

Something about this black and white shit we all seem to be so deeply entrenched in is really tiring to me. It's like there's no middle ground anymore.. you either love something or hate it. It's like hearing people use words like "epic" to describe every somewhat interesting or cool situation they witness. Vernacular hyperbole. Instead of a laugh, now "I'm dying". Instead of saying you were disappointed in something you did or articulating any sort of feeling, now we have "I'm literally going to kms (kill myself)". What is language going to be like in a couple decades, once we've desensitized ourselves significantly by using the most extreme language possible to describe everything around us? Why am I ranting about this? I don't fuckin' know. Time for sleep.

Same with politics. It's in a desperate need of a "new center", if you will.

But in R*'s case, my dislike is toward their generally passive indifference toward the PC. I know that sounds ridiculous with them releasing GTAV for the PC, but I still sense that attitude in their overall actions somehow.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Vivendi and Ubisoft to Finally Get a Room?
13. Re: Vivendi and Ubisoft to Finally Get a Room? Apr 27, 2017, 04:55 Quinn

Avus wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 02:11:
i feel nothing that Ubisuck was bought by some other company.... It really means nothing for the gamers

Same. I don't get the EA hate anymore,because I actually like many of their new releases. Ubisoft on the other hand has been throwing that same boring as FUCK formula over all of their new games. And Division was a failure beyond comparison.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

6. Re: GTA Online Tiny Racers Update & Tax Refund Apr 26, 2017, 22:33 Quinn

Rigs wrote on Apr 26, 2017, 15:22:
Hey *R, how about you detach GTA Online into it's own...thing...and get to workin' on GTA6, ja? Or maybe...oh! OH! Maybe you can bring RDR and RDR2 to PC? Wouldn't that be nice? Why do you hate money?

=-Rigs-=

The phenomenon called R* is what always has me wondering why there's no real hating toward these fuckers. Their image is fucking toxic to me. Sure, their games are fucking ace... but honestly so are some of the stuff EA punlishes. That doesn't stop people from hating on EA.

R*, to me, has the rep of an arrogant 13 year old bully, somehow. Their sense of humor is on par with that same kid, imo.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

3. Re: GTA Online Tiny Racers Update & Tax Refund Apr 26, 2017, 12:10 Quinn

Does anyone know if the cheating is still rampant?  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Outlast 2 Tomorrow; New Trailers
1. Re: Outlast 2 Tomorrow; New Trailers Apr 25, 2017, 04:03 Quinn

Bought it this morning. Can't wait to start it up when night falls!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Surge Trailer
6. Re: The Surge Trailer Apr 20, 2017, 17:31 Quinn

ledhead1969 wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 16:04:
Made by same guys that did Lords of the Fallen...I think.

Correct. Lords of the Fallen > Dark Souls (3). Compare YouTube vids.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2440 Comments. 122 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo