Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2112 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises
30. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises Jan 28, 2016, 19:54 Quinn

I've recorded quite some footage today. Tomorrow I'll edit the footage and voice a review over it. If all goes well I'll have it up before The Division beta is up, which I'll be streaming on my newb channel VinceVerdict on Twitch (without voice recording because I'll be playing it with a Dutch friend).  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises
14. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises Jan 28, 2016, 13:34 Quinn

Seriously am I the only one with a fucking spastic pick-axe?! Glitched as hell  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Evolve Adds New Hunter
16. Re: Evolve Adds New Hunter Jan 27, 2016, 15:43 Quinn

Tumbler wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 11:15:
When they started talking about this I figured it'd be like the movie predator and would play sort of like left for dead pvp. That sounds awesome! You gotta sneat through the jungle avoiding some super alien monster and eventually fight it.

Boy they fucked that up. Feels more like being locked in a zoo cage and told to chase that monkey! Do it fast or he turns into a gorilla! Isn't it fun chasing him!

Exactly this. What a fuck-up.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Beta This Week
8. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Beta This Week Jan 27, 2016, 15:38 Quinn

SXO wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 08:52:
Quinn wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 06:02:
Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 22:27:
It takes 5 shots to the head point blank to take someone down. Spam those guns, man!

Get over it. I for one am happy for this. You and others seem to have forgotten what shooters were like before Counter Strike.

You don't seem to understand that there's no need for tactics and tactical 'riot' shields if a team of 4 elite gamers could just line up their shots and take care of ANY thread in a matter of seconds. It would also take away any necessity for character progression.

Somehow,this is hard to grasp for many of you. I imagine those people are between 16 and 23 years old and grew up with CS and CoD.
The original Ghost Recon games had character progression, and yet they were highly realistic shooters. Stop pigeon-holing the genre into this fallacy that RPG's/character progression must mean enemies have to be damage-sponges. Also, allow for the fact that people have different tastes, and age is not a factor in that regard.

If you want it to be realistic, true character progression will solely depend on accuracy, recoil and range. It won't matter if you shoot an enemy in the eye with a handgun fit for housewives or an AK47. It's what ppl are used to because the either forgot or never played any shooter before CS or CoD. That's the only reason I mentioned age. I know everyone likes different shit. That's not the point.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Beta This Week
5. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Beta This Week Jan 27, 2016, 06:02 Quinn

Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 22:27:
It takes 5 shots to the head point blank to take someone down. Spam those guns, man!

Get over it. I for one am happy for this. You and others seem to have forgotten what shooters were like before Counter Strike.

You don't seem to understand that there's no need for tactics and tactical 'riot' shields if a team of 4 elite gamers could just line up their shots and take care of ANY thread in a matter of seconds. It would also take away any necessity for character progression.

Somehow,this is hard to grasp for many of you. I imagine those people are between 16 and 23 years old and grew up with CS and CoD.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Trailer
12. Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 21, 2016, 11:13 Quinn

Let's milk that cow! Milk it! MILLLLK ITTTTT MILK IT MILK IT WITH THAT SAME FUCKING GAME-KIT!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Videos
5. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Videos Jan 21, 2016, 01:09 Quinn

Creston wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 21:01:
we’re thrilled that Amazon Prime members will be able to take advantage of watching exclusive footage that won’t be available anywhere else,” said Adam Novickas, VP of marketing at Ubisoft.

Yes, because marketing clearly works much better if its target audience gets artificially limited. Rolleyes

I'm honestly not sure if the years make me a realist, a cynic or that it's just the horrible management of the new company I work for... But I'm 30 and I've finally come to realize that no matter what status someone has, like this Vice President of Marketing, you probably suck at your job but nobody sees it because the general population has the intelligence of a marmot... and I could probably do better.

Pessimistic worldview I've developed. But then again, if you want to be a realist...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Gone Gold - Bombshell
11. Re: Gone Gold - Bombshell Jan 20, 2016, 06:02 Quinn

The fuck? Were they inspired by Space Siege when they decided to make this game, or something!? What with the great success that game turned out to be?  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 20, 2016, 04:59 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 02:45:
RPG has to do this kind of stuff imo... If you'd be having enemies die from 1 hit all the time then there would be no progression possible at all and where would be the point of that then?

What matters is if the combat has enough tactical depth and smart AI to be fun... and I kinda doubt the latter.

I agree with the progression part. Also, me and my guys would line up headshots with every ambush and time it. There would be no challenge.

I still have my doubts too, though. I mean... I know what the Dark Zones are now, since they've given us a 27mins gameplay vid of it, but I have no fucking clue what the game will be like outside of these zones. Does anyone have a link or can anyone tell me? A quick google search got me nowhere.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Blade & Soul Launches
11. Re: Blade & Soul Launches Jan 19, 2016, 17:36 Quinn

Goodness this is fucking hideous! Make it GO AWAY!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 19, 2016, 12:18 Quinn

Paranoid Jack wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 00:15:
Sgt. Rock wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 14:23:
Quinn wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 10:23:
Personally I've become crazy excited for The Division by now. I'm also 80% certain Ubi won't deliver, and we'll look back at the footage they released thinking "What. The. Fuck? Did their computers + backup burn down so they had to restart from scratch a half year ago?".

They already cut up the map so the can sell the pieces as DLC:
the-divsion-2013-multiple-dark-zones-brooklyn-not-in-game.jpg

I als got a beta key from the Humble Bundle, so I'll see how much Ubishit fucked it up.

I noticed in the recently released Developer Backed Reviews that the map size was cut way down. I'm getting it for the co-op but the stupid full clip and a half to kill an enemy is just silly. Not sure how much I will play it but I will know more the last weekend of the month. If the beta is bad I can still back out of my GameStop purchase. The only good reason to use GameStop in my opinion.

I think I'm ok with the '1,5 clip to kill' thing. Which is an exaggeration. I think crap like CoD and CS had us forget what games were like. Games like RTCW:ET and stuff before that. I haven't been very analytic yet, but in my mind's eye all Division characters wear pretty thick body armor. I talked with a friend who's in the army about armor a while ago, and there's armor that could even stop bullets from a sniper rifle let alone the average assault rifle. Without a doubt I dare bet my ass that full headshots will do major damage, anyway.

Yup, to me, I think this is a good thing. Skill is no longer based merely on who can pull that trigger first.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2016, 10:23 Quinn

Personally I've become crazy excited for The Division by now. I'm also 80% certain Ubi won't deliver, and we'll look back at the footage they released thinking "What. The. Fuck? Did their computers + backup burn down so they had to restart from scratch a half year ago?".

I hope not. The concept sounds so good. I bought a 1 dollar beta key. I'll see soon enough.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Division Beta This Month
11. Re: The Division Beta This Month Jan 16, 2016, 22:27 Quinn

The only way I can imagine this will suck is when too much is instanced or too little is. I haven't looked into it enough yet but I can't imagine they drop thousands of ppl in one city. It will be a ridiculous slaughterfest. But it can't be just you and your party either.

The whole game sounds too cool to be true.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

33. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 11, 2016, 15:19 Quinn

sauron wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 14:53:
I'm finally getting to play The Witcher 3 on my new gaming rig. Oh. My. God. I'm hugely impressed so far.

Great graphice, great story, visceral combat, great atmosphere, deep backstory, lots of interesting characters. Just fantastic.

I agree. Can't wait to replay it with all the expansions. I do hope for a level-scaling mod, though. It's one thing I hated in this game pretty greatly.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jan 9, 2016, 19:00 Quinn

Their JC3 review is spot on. That game gets boring/repetitive remarmably quick.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Far Cry: Primal Specs
12. Re: Far Cry: Primal Specs Jan 8, 2016, 15:18 Quinn

I'm having a hard time imagining how this game will not bore the hell out of you within an hour or two. How creative can they get with weapons, means of transportation and enemies?

Hell who knows, maybe this game will have a twist.. "ancient aliens" coming to earth or whatever.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
97. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 7, 2016, 04:11 Quinn

Ridiculous price for a dumb thing. Knock on my door once all games support it by default and it's not just a lame headpiece but an entire body piece, with some sort of treadmill tech included.

This is just so meh, so overhyped. Imo.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28
16. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 16:08 Quinn

My i7-6700K Skylake will have one of his first runs with a hot chick. This is good.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 3, 2016, 15:55 Quinn

Creston, the grapple delay is because you remapped it and he now first presses his detonator before he grapples. You can change this in the ini. Google it.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Dec 28, 2015, 14:57 Quinn

Although it kinda sucks, my login never fails. Maybe you should remove your .exe from your firewall list xP  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2112 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo