Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2461 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC?
47. Re: Game Reviews Jun 23, 2017, 20:06 Quinn

peteham wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 19:38:
Surely he must be talking about climb, specifically. Most guns (or at least the ones you expect to have recoil) will probably have the kind of cross-hair bounce everyone's used to for recoil. And you'll still need to get a feel for cadence/burst-length to fire accurately.

But removing climb, or at least toning it down heavily compared to the console version makes sense to me. On the console it gives you something to do by making you locate the opposite direction sweet-spot and hold it.. On the PC, it leads to mouse jogging, which generally sucks.

That makes great sense, actually. I'm genuinely certain that is what he meant,now that you mention it.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC? Jun 23, 2017, 20:02 Quinn

Thomas Sowell answers all your political questions. Read his books. If you don't really give a shit and just want to feel important, please go back to the world where you actually matter.
Go be the protagonist in some awesome game.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

27. Re: removed Jun 22, 2017, 19:22 Quinn

Darks wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 15:48:
Darks wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 12:43:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 22, 2017, 14:52.

Blues, sometime you are just stupid!!!

Had this happen to me as well a week or 2 ago. Also because I was... critical... about that same idiot. All the while I see ad hominems to other people all over the place. It got me thinking. I think Blues mostly removes posts when somebody flags them or reports them personally to Blues. We can both guess who that castrated bloke is who can't take a verbal beating without reporting it for being "offended".

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

9. Re: No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC? Jun 22, 2017, 11:40 Quinn

[url=][/url]All pathetic attempts at witty humor aside... Is this Noseworthy guy on crack? I honestly get the impression from how he's talking about it, that he thinks mice can vibrate like controllers do. Read his shit like that, and only then it makes sense! Seriously, go read it again believing vibrating mice exist.

Also take this follow-up from him:

"Q: So, no recoil for any weapons from pistols and shotguns right down to the fully automatic weapons; is that correct?

A: I think thatís accurate. I donít want to go down in history as the guy promising thatÖ The basic idea is that some things donít work that donít feel good, and those places there are going to be little forks in the road."

What the actual fuck? It's like he thinks he's doing us a favor for removing recoil. All the while the original question was about how much easier it already is for PC players to do headshots compared to console players. He's saying "Yes, and we'll make it EVEN EASIER, because you don't want your mouse to move involuntarily."

Shit if I spend more time on this article I'm going off the deep end...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

8. Re: No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC? Jun 22, 2017, 11:28 Quinn

Who is he to say I don't love my mouse to shake with every shot fired? I love that in all my other FPS games! Always have since the shaking mouse got on the market back i  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Thursday
36. Re: Steam Summer Sale Thursday Jun 22, 2017, 02:38 Quinn

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 16:51:
Quinn wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 13:53:
Btw is it too crazy to think PayPal has the greenlight from Steam to announce this? Good to fair chance it's some kind of business deal between PP and Steam. Only real argument against that I can think of is that Steam don't need no deals wid dem partners.
And what would anyone stand to gain from knowing the day the summer sale starts, when it historically starts at the beginning of summer.
There is already a website http://whenisthenextsteamsale.com/ that runs year round with a countdown to the next summer sale, winter sale, spring sale and fall sale. Conspiracy theory-less.

Conspiracy theory? Lmfao wtf are you talking about? It was just a simple, innocent theory with no implications, in response to Blue's tone of voice about Paypal spoiling the date.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

35. Re: Steam Summer Sale Thursday Jun 22, 2017, 02:36 Quinn

Kxmode wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 14:20:
Quinn wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 13:53:
Kinguin ftw.

Btw is it too crazy to think PayPal has the greenlight from Steam to announce this? Good to fair chance it's some kind of business deal between PP and Steam. Only real argument against that I can think of is that Steam don't need no deals wid dem partners.

Kinguin is okay, but there are constantly better deals on CDKeys, GreenManGaming, and a handful others. Nevermind the fact that Kinguin has a $3 "buyer protection" tax. CDkeys doesn't charge that. The price you see is the price you pay.

You can decline the protection with the click of a button xP GMG hasn't ever had lower prices than Kinguin. Maybe on a very rare circumstance.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

26. Re: Steam Summer Sale Thursday Jun 21, 2017, 13:53 Quinn

Kinguin ftw.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > HITMAN Free Sample [Updated]
23. Re: HITMAN Episode 1 for Free Jun 21, 2017, 12:14 Quinn

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 09:02:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 23:52:
Quinn wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 14:21:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 12:28:
Quinn wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 11:26:
*the suits sitting around the table*

Suit 1: Lets make it episodic. Shit seems so sell.

Suit 2: Yes! And lets remove any sense of a real story. That shit is expensive.

Suit 3: Yes! And lets show the players all the ways they can assassinate their target, so we can fill up that storyless void with useless replayability. Because achievements!

Suit 4: No idea why we'd do that but these pathetic, completionist fuckers swallow everything as long as it keeps them away from facing real life. So yes!

Suit 2: No reason to be so cynical, Laurens, but yes!

*and HITMAN 2016 was born*

Genuine question: Have you actually played HITMAN 2016? If you have, you would know that it has just as much story as Blood Money, Contracts, Silent Assassin and Agent 47. There is an overarching storyline that is conveyed through cutscenes between missions. All of the missions tie into the storyline as well.

In fact, one could argue that it has more story because they've really fleshed out the targets, NPCs and environments. There's plenty of backstory and side-story to discover in each level, which is part of the reason why the game has so much replayability.

Finally, you might be the only Hitman fan (are you actually a Hitman fan or did you only play Absolution?) that complains about replayability. Seriously, replayability is one of the pillars of the series.

In any case, it's cool of IO to do this, though the headline is misleading. They aren't giving the full Episode 1 for free, only the tutorial levels. Paris is not free.

I only played episode 1 but I have all the eps. I loved all Hitman games, except for Absolution. Hated how the disguise system did a 180 and those FUUUCKING assassination "achievements". Fuck that "these are the ways you can somehow get to kill your targets!". Lazy as fuck not to let those ways to kill be told within context -- eavesdropping etc.
Especially loved Blood Money.

HITMAN is too much like Absolution, I thought?

You really should play through all the episodes. HITMAN shares much more in common with Blood Money than Absolution.

I could explain the story in one short sentence. I dont call that a story. It doesnt even have a conclusion and you dont even know it is a story until you complete the last mission or so.

Welcome to the Hitman series..? I feel like you haven't played any of the previous games. The story has always been light, with little to no connection to the actual missions. HITMAN is no different in that regard, except now, each level has tons of mini-stories. Without a doubt, HITMAN has more writing than any of the previous games. It's just that most of the storytelling is done through the environment and NPCs, rather than cutscenes. In previous games, most of your targets were pretty shallow. They didn't have much depth in terms of personality, relationships, history, etc. In HITMAN, each target has plenty of all those things and it's only through repeated playthroughs that you can learn them all.

It's bizarre how some people believe that the previous games were story-driven. Only Absolution was story-driven and the game suffered for it. In every other game, the story has always been placed firmly in the background and served as context more than a driving force.

Previous games had a story, as small as it was. But this one is as non-existent as the Doom one (the original one). Actually even less, because sometimes you dont even know why youre there or why youre doing it.

Right?! That's the impression I had with Ep 1. Now it's hard for me to take Jerykk's words at face value. This wouldn't have been a dilemma if I had the spare time of a 15 year old....

Guess I'll give the game another shot when I'm desperate for a new title again.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

9. Re: HITMAN Episode 1 for Free Jun 20, 2017, 14:21 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 12:28:
Quinn wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 11:26:

Suit 3: Yes! And lets show the players all the ways they can assassinate their target, so we can fill up that storyless void with useless replayability. Because achievements!

Suit 4: No idea why we'd do that but these pathetic, completionist fuckers swallow everything as long as it keeps them away from facing real life. So yes!

Genuine question: Have you actually played HITMAN 2016? If you have, you would know that it has just as much story as Blood Money, Contracts, Silent Assassin and Agent 47. There is an overarching storyline that is conveyed through cutscenes between missions. All of the missions tie into the storyline as well.

In fact, one could argue that it has more story because they've really fleshed out the targets, NPCs and environments. There's plenty of backstory and side-story to discover in each level, which is part of the reason why the game has so much replayability.

Finally, you might be the only Hitman fan (are you actually a Hitman fan or did you only play Absolution?) that complains about replayability. Seriously, replayability is one of the pillars of the series.

In any case, it's cool of IO to do this, though the headline is misleading. They aren't giving the full Episode 1 for free, only the tutorial levels. Paris is not free.

I only played episode 1 but I have all the eps. I loved all Hitman games, except for Absolution. Hated how the disguise system did a 180 and those FUUUCKING assassination "achievements". Fuck that "these are the ways you can somehow get to kill your targets!". Lazy as fuck not to let those ways to kill be told within context -- eavesdropping etc.
Especially loved Blood Money.

HITMAN is too much like Absolution, I thought?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

3. Re: HITMAN Episode 1 for Free Jun 20, 2017, 11:26 Quinn

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
26. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 19, 2017, 02:01 Quinn

Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 19:38:
Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 18:14:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 16:09:
jacobvandy wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:53:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:30:
Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:23:
Fucking drama queens. Them losers been playing that game every fucking day since it came out for PC. This is the kind of shit that has Rockstar flip the PC off for.

So you're against gamers voicing their discontent when a developer kills mods in order to juice more money out of the customers? You like all these microtransactions and day one DLC bs? Because it happened when gamers didn't say anything. Who cares if Rockstar puts their game on PC or not. We've got infinite good games to play, we don't need to bend over for them.

Voice it all you want, but it has nothing to do with game itself. Reviews aren't there for angry nerds and their bandwagoning circlejerks trying to "stick it to the man." They're for telling people your opinion of the game. This type of pointless nonsense (along with the retarded memes and other jokes so often voted "most helpful") is why a lot of people don't bother reading Steam reviews at all.

this may be what you prefer reviews to be... but your preference clearly has no impact on what actually happens...

so it seems that your opinion doesnt really matter - but thats largely the case for everyone, about everything in general - so its not really a big deal, just an observation...

I think that comment has hit the Top 5 of my Most Useless Comments Ever list.

doesnt really matter since i dont give a fuck about you whatsoever

youre not on any of my lists.. youre just another pointless, worthless maggot

Seems your pearl of wisdom taught me that opinions don't matter just in time!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

17. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 18:14 Quinn

Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 16:09:
jacobvandy wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:53:
Fucking drama queens. Them losers been playing that game every fucking day since it came out for PC. This is the kind of shit that has Rockstar flip the PC off for.

So you're against gamers voicing their discontent when a developer kills mods in order to juice more money out of the customers? You like all these microtransactions and day one DLC bs? Because it happened when gamers didn't say anything. Who cares if Rockstar puts their game on PC or not. We've got infinite good games to play, we don't need to bend over for them.

Voice it all you want, but it has nothing to do with game itself. Reviews aren't there for angry nerds and their bandwagoning circlejerks trying to "stick it to the man." They're for telling people your opinion of the game. This type of pointless nonsense (along with the retarded memes and other jokes so often voted "most helpful") is why a lot of people don't bother reading Steam reviews at all.

this may be what you prefer reviews to be... but your preference clearly has no impact on what actually happens...

so it seems that your opinion doesnt really matter - but thats largely the case for everyone, about everything in general - so its not really a big deal, just an observation...

I think that comment has hit the Top 5 of my Most Useless Comments Ever list.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

10. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 14:58 Quinn

ItBurn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 14:07:
Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:57:

I knew this was coming. Normally I'd agree, just not in this case. Too much drama -- way too much drama! -- for what the dev did. GTA5 is insanely good on so many levels, even people who don't like the game can't possibly disagree with that. I say this and I am not even remotely a fan of the game. And what happened now? They removed their mod support or w/e and the game is now marked as Overwhelmingly Bad on the #1 marketplace for PC games. Fucking hilarious.

I thought that GTA V was mediocre. Huge step back in simulation quality from 4 and I haaaaate the multiple character implementation for various gameplay reasons. Edit: Yes, a ton of features are crazy advanced and there's lots to do, but I just didn't have much fun with it. I liked Watch Dogs 1 better.
Also, the modding tool Rockstar banned was only for single player mods. You couldn't use it in multiplayer. Anyway, that was my understanding from the videos I saw about it. So Rockstar's excuse of stopping cheating was a lie.
The thing with GTA 5 PC is that a ton of people bought it FOR the mods. Many bought it for the third time! I think it's perfectly fine for people to lower the rating of a game if an aspect of it is negative, which is the case here, the publisher is doing a bad job of supporting it. It doesn't make steam reviews useless, it makes them incredibly useful. You have to read them though, I know it's hard.
Please don't take this as me telling you your opinion is stupid. I just love games and want people involved and want publishers to stop squeezing us for every penny at the cost of the quality of games and the gaming experience.

I took it the right way, don't worry =) Like you I also thought GTAV was mediocre, but I meant that it was absolutely amazing on a technical level.

You have a good point, people bought it for the 3rd time for those reasons you mentioned. I really don't get Rockstar. They don't really have a face to me -- I can't picture the people behind Rockstar. All I'm seeing is an arrogant AF company who treat the PC like it's that fat kid at the party who can't stfu about wanting candy, so they end up giving that kid candy last while also fucking hating the kid in the process.

Still... I'd want RDR2 for PC. I'd sell a part of my gamer integrity for it, I hate to admit. It's why I hate seeing GTAV's rating go down like this because of the entitled PC community.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

7. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 13:57 Quinn

I knew this was coming. Normally I'd agree, just not in this case. Too much drama -- way too much drama! -- for what the dev did. GTA5 is insanely good on so many levels, even people who don't like the game can't possibly disagree with that. I say this and I am not even remotely a fan of the game. And what happened now? They removed their mod support or w/e and the game is now marked as Overwhelmingly Bad on the #1 marketplace for PC games. Fucking hilarious.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 13:23 Quinn

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans?
30. Re: Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans? Jun 18, 2017, 09:51 Quinn

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 17, 2017, 14:15:
Retired wrote on Jun 17, 2017, 12:50:

sry, should have added /sarcasm

No biggie. I'd just gotten up, having slept 15hrs after nearly 50hrs of being up doing repairs from the last severe storm that rolled through. Brain no worky well.

They should make a Discovery Channel show about ya!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Dungeons 3 Trailer
3. Re: Dungeons 3 Trailer Jun 17, 2017, 06:19 Quinn

Dungeons 2 was one of the biggest surprises I stumbled upon this year. It's crazy good, and hilarious too. Part 3 is an instant buy for me.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans?
16. Re: Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans? Jun 16, 2017, 18:05 Quinn

I'm stunned and clueless. Why not Starcraft 3? Why not Warcraft 4? I just finished Warcraft 3 and there's NOTHING wrong with it. I'd be fuuuucking excited for Warcraft 4. Holy shit...!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Trailer
22. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 01:30 Quinn

Acleacius wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 20:02:

Violent white supremacists, have caused more deaths from terrorism than any other group, by three fold.

That highly depends on when you chose to start counting, buddy. I see no reason why you should defend the current day source of terrorism, because when we talk about the NOW, that's pretty clear and it's a problem that will not be solved by dialogue killers like that.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2461 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo