Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2433 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

PC Gaming > RTS recommendations?
5. No subject Jun 10, 2017, 06:03 Quinn

All Anno 3d games? On my list! I'll do research, thanks mate.

Settlers games aren't suddenly my type of RTS' though ^^ I don't know what my types are so don't let my first try influence your suggestions to me I religiously ignored RTS games before, which is why I'm so terribly in the dark about them. The Blizzard RTS games are good? I'll look into them as well.

Still wonder what triggered me into this RTS lust. I think it was the Spellforce thread + Life is Feudal: Forest Village thing that peaked my interest somehow. But it's also my age. More patience for patient games I guess..?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. No subject Jun 9, 2017, 18:00 Quinn

Thanks for the suggestion! I just watched one vid and it looks incredibly detailed and impressive. Also intimidating with a lot of micromanagement. I'll look into this game!

Just bought Settlers 7 cheap. Played for 2 hours today and it's really fun. No real troops or workers control, which I kinda miss, but a lovely mood and I like the music.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Vampyr E3 Trailer
3. Re: Vampyr E3 Trailer Jun 9, 2017, 10:15 Quinn

The game has been announced too long ago for me to appreciate anything of this trailer. I've seen a gameplay trailer last year, so how about showing how that has been improved?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

1. RTS recommendations? Jun 7, 2017, 18:02 Quinn

Guys, since a few weeks I'm really wanting for a good RTS. I've never been an RTS enthusiast so I don't know what triggered this.

Anyway, the RTS you recommend needs to have a story-based goal and can be either action packed or more mellow like Banished. Like I said, I've never been into RTS' so I'd appreciate any recommendation. I'm kinda finding myself in unknown territory, lustful. XP

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice in August
4. Re: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice in August Jun 7, 2017, 17:52 Quinn

D4rkKnight wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 17:37:
Watch the trailer

Did it. Would've written the exact comment as I wrote earlier.

Saw a gameplay vid a month or two ago. The game will be a very unique one. It will be one of those games that will have lovers and haters, nothing in between.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice in August
2. Re: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice in August Jun 7, 2017, 11:14 Quinn

Desalus wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 10:24:
I'm curious as to why the price is half of what I expected it to be. Does that mean the game is going to be extremely short?

I think it will be. Short, artsy, strange and the gameplay will be more cinematic than what you expect from a 3rd person game.

Hold your horses on this one.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rewards
10. Re: Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rewards Jun 6, 2017, 07:00 Quinn

And even with the Reaper DLC I think the campaign is ridiculously short...

Hoped they'd develop one more expansion that would make the whole game more of an experience. The storytelling was nice, the lore objects and atmosphere were great.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation Next Month
10. Re: Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation Next Month Jun 4, 2017, 11:58 Quinn

DarkCntry wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 11:48:
Quinn wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 04:28:
DarkCntry wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 20:07:
Drayth wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 19:06:
Dinosaurs do exist in The Forgotten Realms setting.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Chult

Stop it, you're going to damage the people who constantly get asshurt over everything!

Easy now, tantrum-tard. I wasn't aware Faerun had dinosaurs, is all. Not asshurt, but not in the least excited either.

Wow, guilty conscience much? I was referring to CJ, the sole person on BluesNews that makes Cutter look positive.

That said, after seeing your reply, I'd say it might be up your alley to actually investigate the source material before making remarks about it.

True xD All I know about Faerun is from the Neverwinter games and Drizzt's books.

I was still drunk when I wrote that last comment. "tantrum-tard" wtf, has a nice ring to it though...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

7. Re: Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation Next Month Jun 4, 2017, 04:28 Quinn

DarkCntry wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 20:07:
Drayth wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 19:06:
Dinosaurs do exist in The Forgotten Realms setting.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Chult

Stop it, you're going to damage the people who constantly get asshurt over everything!

Easy now, tantrum-tard. I wasn't aware Faerun had dinosaurs, is all. Not asshurt, but not in the least excited either.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2. Re: Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation Next Month Jun 3, 2017, 17:39 Quinn

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 15:07:
Dinosaurs in NWN eh?

QUE EL FUCKO?!?

Yeah what the fuck? Are they out of inspiration for fantasy creatures, so they have to tap into Earth's encyclopedia? What the motherfuck?!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > SpellForce 3 in December; Battle Chasers: Nightwar in October
5. Re: SpellForce 3 in December; Battle Chasers: Nightwar in October Jun 2, 2017, 22:52 Quinn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 2, 2017, 13:33:
Quinn wrote on Jun 2, 2017, 11:15:
Alamar wrote on Jun 2, 2017, 10:15:
Always liked the SpellForce games, though while I picked up the 'expansions' to 2, I never went through them...

Looking forward to 3... And updated engine is sorely needed, and looks good so far... Not launch day good, but I'll keep an eye on it ; )

I am terribly saddened that they removed the 3rd person view. They say it's no longer a thing for this day and age, but I'd argue that they were almost too early introducing it in the time Spellforce came out. With today's hardware power and more, a lot more could be done with the 3rd person perspective. I'm very certain their decision had to do with budget or laziness.
It's why I've been looking into Life is Feudal: Forest Village, since that game does RTS+3rd person.

Hrm, you mentioned 3rd person view, but I barely remember using it at all in Spellforce 2 or the expansions, aside from a random zoom in every now and then. Definitely not to play the whole game with. I'm sure there will be a vocal contingent of 3rd person view fans to mod it in though, hopefully.

To almost all Spellforce enthusiasts, 3rd person view was all about immersion. You were able to walk around in a town you built yourself. That was epic. If you got on a high enough vantage point with your character, you could see the whole map and the armies. It was ace as fuck.

Strategically it added next to nothing. It was all about immersion. You are 1 of the 5 players on earth who didn't use 3rd person in Spellforce. Congratulations.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > SpellForce 3 in December; Battle Chasers: Nightwar in October
2. Re: SpellForce 3 in December; Battle Chasers: Nightwar in October Jun 2, 2017, 11:15 Quinn

Alamar wrote on Jun 2, 2017, 10:15:
Always liked the SpellForce games, though while I picked up the 'expansions' to 2, I never went through them...

Looking forward to 3... And updated engine is sorely needed, and looks good so far... Not launch day good, but I'll keep an eye on it ; )

I am terribly saddened that they removed the 3rd person view. They say it's no longer a thing for this day and age, but I'd argue that they were almost too early introducing it in the time Spellforce came out. With today's hardware power and more, a lot more could be done with the 3rd person perspective. I'm very certain their decision had to do with budget or laziness.
It's why I've been looking into Life is Feudal: Forest Village, since that game does RTS+3rd person.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
12. Re: Game Reviews Jun 2, 2017, 09:07 Quinn

All this isometric games talk got me thinking of this game from like 2 or 3 years ago that I never got to try. A game where the camera was a drone flying above the team...  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Exzore: The Rising Announced
3. Re: Exzore: The Rising Announced Jun 1, 2017, 01:49 Quinn

Cutter wrote on May 31, 2017, 10:49:
It's obviously a console CRPG as evidenced by the crappy mechanics, graphics, and title. Pass.

Crappy mechanics and graphics?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

57. Re: Game Reviews May 30, 2017, 02:37 Quinn

RedEye9 wrote on May 29, 2017, 21:46:
Beamer wrote on May 29, 2017, 10:55:
Ugh. You missed my point.
I'm sure you've noticed but he missed everyone's point.

But my favorite comment was how many hit's the rant received. Especially telling is the 7 comments it got, 3 of which are from the writer of the rant. rflmao
I would have at least made some shill accounts to make it look like peeps were interested.

Well, you have to start somewhere. I'm not commenting to Slick to destroy his ambition. On the contrary, I tried to make his see his obvious faults to many. The reason it got a bullying tone from many is because of how Slick handles harsh-as-fuck feedback.

When I started Vince Verdict there were some veteran members here who acted like fucking assholes but instead of fighting back, I dug into their shit and actually found pretty good feedback (my channel is on hiatus because I'm saving up good money for a great microphone).

But yeah... no shit his reviews don't reach far yet. The dude just started afaik.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

54. Re: Game Reviews May 29, 2017, 15:32 Quinn

Slick, by now you remind me of Clay from 13 Reasons Why in that scene where he gets beat up real bad by a big guy. If only he didn't try to get up, he wouldn't have been beaten to a pulp.
Stop trying to get up, mate. You've lost and now you're giving me the impression you're in a straightjacket bending back at forth weeping Prey '06! Prey' 06! Prey '06!

We get it. You love Prey' 06 and are angry they used that title for this new game that has fuck all to do with Prey '06. Yes, they could've called it Typhon, but the fact that that would have your review look COMPLETELY different is a big fucking deal and you have to acknowledge that if you ever want to become a respected reviewer. If you cannot do that, please quit.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Life is Feudal: Forest Village Launches
2. Re: Life is Feudal: Forest Village Launches May 28, 2017, 13:44 Quinn

The trailer really has me wondering how this game gets bad reviews. All I'm seeing looks fucking epic if you're into these types of games.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

31. Re: Game Reviews May 27, 2017, 10:29 Quinn

https://youtu.be/QlAZL04gBuk

Here is a moment I captured today in Prey. Now please stop comparing Prey with ME:A.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

26. Re: Game Reviews May 26, 2017, 04:45 Quinn

You write well, Slick. I enjoyed reading your review although I completely agree with the rest that you're acting like a little bitch when it comes to the title.

Slick wrote on May 25, 2017, 19:35:
I just backed my argument up with some basic logic, as apparently now any franchise can dispose of all the mechanics, plot, world, and genre of the other entries in the series, and no one's allowed to even mention it.

*snip*

That is until ME:A came around and became the new loudest boycott of recent memory. Because of what exactly? it's so hard to remember what we were all mad at a month ago... oh riiiight, facial animations. Did one person mention the abysmal facial animations in Prey 2017? Nope! just lil' old Slick.

*snip*

Someone else already mentioned it: the Prey IP was already dead. It diededed ages ago. I know I enjoyed Prey 2006 but the only real image I can remember is of those 2 kids behind the glass being killed horribly by an alien-ghost-thing. I thought it was brave of the devs to have kids die like that. I think we see that too little in entertainment. But I digress....
The point is that Prey 2006 was good but it's ridiculous to me that you can't seem to seperate PREY 2017 from Prey 2006. Highly unnecessary but I think you can say that about every obsession.

As for your facial animations rant: you're talking out of the asshole. Either that or go wash your mouth because you've been talking shit. 1) PREY's facial animations are, imo, very good and WHO GIVES A FLYING MOTHERFUCKING FUCK about facial animations IN A GODDAMN FPS?! 2) ME:A facial animations are fucking disgusting, and because you can talk with almost every fucking NPC, that's a problem.
Again, that you fail to be able to separate these things are worrying for somebody with the ambition of becoming a respectable reviewer.

Sorry for the flames. Again, I enjoyed reading your review and I honestly think you're a good writer. But fucking hell, man...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > IO Interactive Layoffs
9. Re: IO Interactive Layoffs May 23, 2017, 18:08 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on May 23, 2017, 12:28:
Quinn wrote on May 23, 2017, 11:30:
Let's face it. Episodic HITMAN was a stupid as fuck choice. Many people are like me and don't just play games because LOLZ FUN GAMEPLAY, and actually want a substantial experience; a good, moving story.

The last game was a motherfucking arcade game. "Here's your target and these are the possible ways to take them out. Find out how and be the ultimate assassin :D".

Fuck off.

Uh, if you're looking for a good, moving story, the Hitman series is the last place you should be looking. It's never had a good, moving story, even when it wasn't episodic. Hitman: Absolution was the only one that tried to be story-driven and that ended badly.

I was skeptical of the episodic format at first but it actually worked really well. HITMAN has the biggest, most detailed and most replayable levels in the series and being episodic encourages you to replay them.

You talk about Absolution like that's the only Hitman with a story. In fact, all Hitmans had a story that dictated the levels and targets pretty strongly.

The last Hitman just felt like they took the gameplay element that made Hitman a success (assassinations and their varieties) and made that just the only thing. The maps felt like fucking skirmishes. I wanted a campaign that HITMAN could not provide. If I wanna play games just for the lolz of the gamelay alone, I'd start up fucking Super Sonic.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2433 Comments. 122 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo