Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2135 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Division Patch Tomorrow
8. Re: The Division Patch Tomorrow Mar 22, 2016, 20:07 Quinn

Case in point -- I. Fucking. Hate. Borderlands.

The Division is a good and fun game, but it could've been so much more. My cous' and I mock the game constantly as we utterly destroy every wave of boss enemies thrown at us. It's like they didn't even up the difficulty for PC Also, he tried to be a tankish type and I the sniper. We ended up both being sniper/assault. Once you get to the point that they start plowing your healthbar, you've already failed. Plus 2k health won't compensate for the -2k damage. Best to just utterly destroy the enemy before they can gank up on you. Anyway, we end up just headshotting the fuckers side-by-side. Teamplay ftw...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Division Patch Tomorrow
5. Re: The Division Patch Tomorrow Mar 22, 2016, 09:58 Quinn

The 2 skills only just reeks of consolitis -- the controller doesn't allow for more.

Co-op consists of multiple players shooting at moving targets but that's basically it. My cousin and I do everything on Hard together and its a walk in the park. Lvl 25 atm.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 20, 2016, 19:58 Quinn

JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 20, 2016, 15:30:
I have been having a blast playing The Culling. It is one of the most intense games I've played in a very long time. Not for the feint of heart though, you have to be really good to survive a 16 player FFA. If you're below average or average in skill, might not be a good buy for you, but still fun to watch on www.twitch.tv

I hate tbe fact I lost the link to an article. It used some beautiful sources of intel to prove that gamers are the strongest and most natural survivors of all humans -- mentally, not physically.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Witcher III GDC GotY
7. Re: The Witcher III GDF GotY Mar 17, 2016, 13:54 Quinn

Never heard of "Her Story" so how award winning should it be? I mean, I'm such a fucking loser I browse game sites every time life allows me and I. Have. Never. Heard. Of. That. Game.

To me, that looks like the gaming community didn't give a shit about that game. To me, that looks like this GOTY jury is another panel of weird, naked artists who base the awesomeness of something on the way the windowsill in the background is painted applegreen or some weird shit like that.

I'm rambling. Very glad to see The Witcher 3 in there though!! Can't wait for Blood & Wine.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Gone Gold - Battleborn
4. Re: Gone Gold - Battleborn Mar 16, 2016, 05:04 Quinn

Never heard of this game. Looks fun!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off
6. Re: Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off Mar 15, 2016, 19:14 Quinn

The game is gorgeous and basically runs with 144fps constantly. It's a very well optimized game. The main story, however, is short as hell and somehow the entire environment didn't have that foreign, majestic feel JC2 had.

The game was a big freaking meh. Short as fuck.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > More GeForce Driver Issues
6. Re: More GeForce Driver Issues Mar 15, 2016, 12:30 Quinn

Wtf they aren't even beta anymore though? I have beta drivers turned off in GeForce Experience and these were an official release according to that program. Got your facts straight? Cause I'm confused... :\  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > System Shock Remastered Footage
7. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 02:16 Quinn

This looks fucking gorgeous! Excited!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 14, 2016, 16:41 Quinn

Give me a relatively consolitis heavy Far Cry or Division game over that 1990 stuff any day of the week.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $110M
34. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 16:37 Quinn

On some days you're a realist, on others an optimist.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $110M
31. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 15:52 Quinn

Aliens don't use our religions, wars and other miseries on earth to prove that humans are fucking idiots. They use the crowdfunding phenomenon that is Star Citizen.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > HITMAN Launch Schedule
7. Re: HITMAN Launch Schedule Mar 14, 2016, 12:08 Quinn

I somehow couldn't care less about this game. It just flew right overhead and I'm not even looking back to give it a second glance. That episodic shit must be the reason...  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077
13. Re: CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077 Mar 11, 2016, 11:05 Quinn

Task wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 23:32:
Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 20:55:
Blood & Wine is supposed to be out end of April or in May. Can't wait, as I've been itchin' for a new playthough with it and Hearts of Stone.

You know Cutter you don't need to start a new game to play Hearts of Stone. Its balanced so as to be started right after the main story with your save file. Although CD Projekt was super smart in that they let the player choose how they want to play it.

I'll replay the entire thing too. Vanilla + the DLCs. I haven't touched both DLCs by then and I'd like a replay for immersiveness' sake.

I think I'll go for Triss again. Because Triss.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > HITMAN Launch Schedule
2. Re: HITMAN Launch Schedule Mar 11, 2016, 03:45 Quinn

To me it feels like nobody gives a shit about this game, though Square Enix pumps millions into advertisement.

Is this the falacy of projecting my own feeling unto the rest of the world or am I correct?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records
34. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records Mar 10, 2016, 15:14 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 12:04:
Darks wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 10:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 09:33:
Am I the only one who tried the beta an was already sick of that gameplay from that alone? Aside from shooting there wasn't really much to do there...

This is how you based your time in the beta and came to the conclusion the game is lame because they locked down the beta and only gave you a small taste of the real game.

Now had you played the final release of the game and based your decision then you would have some validity to your comment. But seriously, I take this comment as, I ate the ice cream cone, but I didn't taste the ice cream. That about sums it us here for you.

Seriously, I was amazed how much was held back from the beta in the original areas and how many missions popped up when you go back to the base and open up new areas for the med and tech centers. You guys really have no clue how much more content there is in this game but you all are basing your game play from a small beta that gave us literally nothing.

No, I base it on the fact that I was bored while playing the beta demo Bullet sponges and boring loot. Bad AI and bad story. Result: A pass

Not to mention this game will be dead in a month or less MP wise.

I agree. This game won't survive for long. It will practically be forgotten in a few weeks. No doubt. I'm enjoying the game atm but with a main story being 25% finished after 3 hours is very disconcerting. My character still looks practically the same as when I started, and the only skills that add some variety to the gameplay is the mobile cover and turret... but only a little. I don't give a shit about loot. The only selling point of this game is Manhattan.

Also, am I right and is everything above Times Square not in the game? Like Central Park? I mean, the fuckin INTRO MOVIE shows and even mentions Central Park (as a mass graveyard) but the map indicates it's no game content? Fuck me silly?!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Division Tips
21. Re: The Division Tips Mar 9, 2016, 18:14 Quinn

While I'm enjoying the game, I can't imagine it's longevity is going to be impressive. My Vince Verdict BETA review gave it about a month.

The performance is poor. GTX980 with an i7-6700K 4.4Ghz here. Sometimes I get some really horrible FPS drops even when much stuff put on Medium. So, GTX970 with "everything on max" running flawlessly... call me an asshole, but I don't believe it.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > GeForce Driver Warning
29. Re: GeForce Driver Warning Mar 8, 2016, 18:49 Quinn

sauron wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 12:00:
I never upgrade my drivers unless I have to. If it ain't broke, I don't fix it. Saw too many instances of driver conflicts or bad code back in the 90's.

Hmm but most of the times nothing is broke, just not optimized for the newest game releases...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > GeForce Driver Warning
27. Re: GeForce Driver Warning Mar 8, 2016, 18:46 Quinn

To me it seems Nvidia is obsessed with its own "Game Ready" service. They release these drivers with every game release. The fact that the release notes are so goddamn hard to find these days has to do with that there's just hardly anything changed with every new driver, I think.

I think suits are really pressing down on the programmers due to this "Game Ready" shit they pull every week. I'm not surprised at all that they finally rolled out a fuck-up of a driver.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Mar 7, 2016, 18:18 Quinn

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 17:47:
I did not play far cry 4, but I am really enjoying Primal. I expect that they would use things from farcry 4 as templates, it would be stupid not to. They definitely do the same thing for Assassins Creed and I don't care about it there.

This game visually feels like you are transported back 10,000 years, so that's all I care about. I just wish I could play this game at a very high difficulty, but much less fauna. There's just too much going on, animals fighting all over the place and the bad tribes are around every corner. It makes this huge world seem small.

The game also plays amazingly well on my rig, I nearly have all settings on Ultra at 40-50fps with a gtx 780.

Yes the engine is very well optimized and I love the way they optimized that volumetric lighting and the godrays. It just looks gorgeous at the right tims of day and night.

I do agree there are too many animals. I'm ok with the amount of enemies!

As I said in the vid, is it me or are those enemies way more aware? The detection meters just fill right the hell up. I'm honestly not sure if I'm just getting impatience, just suck at stealth suddenly or this game is less forgiving? :\

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 13:27:
Quinn wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 13:13:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 12:03:
Quinn wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 10:28:
Really having a blast with this game. It has a charm, a sense of immersion that's stronger than usual. The devil is in the details. You can pet your animal companion, for example. Completely useless, but awesome. I pet my panther so often it ridiculous. xP

Some of the reviews are really scathing though, did they really re-use the meshes, map and camp layouts from Farcry 4? If so 60 is a pretty extreme price.

You got it for cheaper from someplace?

This one a friend gave me because I'm basically his personal bank. Www.kinguin.net I think the game's sold for 27 euros?

Don't notice anything about map or camp layouts. I'm not surprised if some stuff is reused here and there. Far Cry Primal feels like a guilty pleasure and I should've mentioned that in the video, I think, because it really is another Far Cry 3.5 (like FC4)... but the new addition with the animals is just so. freaking. awesome! xP Plus the setting is really well done. You'd think 10.000 B.C. areas get boring quickly but they are really awe inspiring. The story is nicely done too, given they were limited to a time where intrigue and plot-twists just wouldn't make sense when everything is based around survival.

Well you sold me on this (Found it for 35 for the deluxe whatchacallit edition) expecting extreme animal petting.. (OK, maybe a bit more than that) If it's like blood dragon, a guilty pleasure, then this ought to be interesting. ^^

Ooh, scary! Now I'll be the guy you keep referring to whenever something in the game pisses you off xP Let me know what your first impressions are!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Mar 7, 2016, 13:13 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 12:03:
Quinn wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 10:28:
Really having a blast with this game. It has a charm, a sense of immersion that's stronger than usual. The devil is in the details. You can pet your animal companion, for example. Completely useless, but awesome. I pet my panther so often it ridiculous. xP

Some of the reviews are really scathing though, did they really re-use the meshes, map and camp layouts from Farcry 4? If so 60 is a pretty extreme price.

You got it for cheaper from someplace?

This one a friend gave me because I'm basically his personal bank. Www.kinguin.net I think the game's sold for 27 euros?

Don't notice anything about map or camp layouts. I'm not surprised if some stuff is reused here and there. Far Cry Primal feels like a guilty pleasure and I should've mentioned that in the video, I think, because it really is another Far Cry 3.5 (like FC4)... but the new addition with the animals is just so. freaking. awesome! xP Plus the setting is really well done. You'd think 10.000 B.C. areas get boring quickly but they are really awe inspiring. The story is nicely done too, given they were limited to a time where intrigue and plot-twists just wouldn't make sense when everything is based around survival.

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2016, 13:23.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2135 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo