Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2111 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Top Five
10. Re: Green Man Gaming Top Five Feb 29, 2016, 16:52 Quinn

Jagacademy wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 11:24:
nin wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 10:24:
At least people are buying Superhot...

Some people are reporting playing through the entire game in barely over an hour. I don't care how revolutionary the game is, the developers were lazy for including so little content. I'll pick it up when it's $3.

1 hour playthrough. No textures. Superhot.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM Uncut for Germany
66. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 29, 2016, 14:04 Quinn

I understand you. Hell, I can't find anything to disagree with.

I think most right ppl are generally frustrated about something; about inaction, while everything around them goes to shit. That's one reason why many sometimes sound like they didn't think things through. There are, indeed, only a few who do make sense.

Liberalism is growing too soft in some cases, especially regarding the refugees. Know this, though: personally, I want nothing else than to see the refugees be taken into our care. But they need to be screened thoroughly so to be sure they are refugees of WAR and not ECONOMY (for example). There's a "Come in, come in! And wipe away your worries!" thing going on, sadly. It's disconcerting.

I would like you to read a small article from Sam Harris that got some heat, but I agree with it completely: www.samharris.org/blog/item/the-end-of-liberalism

It portrays the problem of what I'm talking about, in a sense. Even though it mainly talks about Muslims, and not refugees.

This comment was edited on Feb 29, 2016, 14:21.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

64. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 29, 2016, 11:51 Quinn

You speak as if talking to an extreme right person. I don't believe in all the examples you bring up, like the banning of ethnic groups.

But you prove a point: moderately right ppl like myself cannot talk about these things without having to constantly assure that they aren't racists or stand behind the extreme examples you just brought up.

Why I somehow am right-winged is because I scoff at the fact that when a refugee attacks a gay refugee in the refugee center, they don't send the offender away with a mark of their boot up his ass, but they instead build another building for the gay refugees to reside in. It's over-tolerant, pussy shite like this what pisses me off. You can be muslim, christian, black, white, I don't give a shit -- just don't be a cunt and adept to our fucking norm or simply fuck off or die for all I care.

We have gone through hell and back for centuries to finally get what it means to be human. It sickens me when a government allows this society to be defiled once again, by showing an irrational form of tolerance to people who make the lifes of others miserable.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

62. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 29, 2016, 04:36 Quinn

Nin must be very proud right now, the way he managed to derail the topic that derailed the Doom topic. He was trying nothing else the entire thread (scroll down) and he finally managed to do so with the strawman he pulled when bigspender made a good point about Maajid.

Maajid is against Islamist extremists, and because he was a muslim and even a member of a radical extremist group, he knows what he's talking about and thus his words should hold extra weight. Still, like every other person who tries to make a stand against zealots and the horrid shit in their holy book they live and die by, he has to spend a fuckton of energy all the fucking time debunking claims made against him for being a racist. If you know about Maajid, you'd know it's fucking ridiculous to call him a racist. His heritage is beside the point but it does make those claims even more ridiculous.

The original point that was derailed by friendly neighborhood nin was that people who are even a little bit right-winged have to deal with claims of them being rwcist by people from the left basically by fucking default. Right winged people are concerned, and left winged people think they should just shut the fuck up, do nothing, and believe in the power of love. I can understand this if you're an American -- because most republicans are fucking morons who stand in the way of the pursuit of happiness -- but it's different in Europe. Lately, the right-winged people are the concerned realists. The lefties are the hippies, with their head up their ass and with no clue wtf is going on.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

53. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 28, 2016, 18:06 Quinn

To achieve happiness, to not infringe upon somebody else's happiness, to help others achieve happiness. That's the purpose of life. If you find it hard to say this culture is better than another (because *define* better, right?!) then just think about that purpose for a second and ask yourself: What society helps us achieve that purpose in the best way? It's the western society. The respect for women, homosexuals, etc. Our society is the most evolved.

Some extreme lefties have a hard time acknowedging that fact, and when an immigrant starts raping a western woman because "she dresses like a whore" or smears a gay person's bed with their own shit because... well, they are gay... Left wing over-tolerant ignorants can somehow be against a right wing opinion that those oppressors of happiness should be punished and kicked out of our countries. It fucking sickens me.

Extreme right, is wrong. Extreme left, that's also wrong. In this day and age, the passiveness of the left is even more dangerous, I think.

Sure, we should help true refugees of war, but if anyone doesn't adapt to our standards.. they can simply piss the fuck off. Our country never needed you, and we're doing you a big fucking favor, so you either live by our rules or piss off. I'd like to see a bit more of an iron fist or this refugee crap will run out of hand even more than it already has, and very, very quickly.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1167. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 28, 2016, 05:34 Quinn

Good luck mate! I hope nobody's gonna take that glory away from ye!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > SUPERHOT Released
18. Re: SUPERHOT Released Feb 26, 2016, 21:40 Quinn

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 09:45:
Quinn wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 07:37:
I think there's no right or wrong answer to that question. It comes down to taste. Personally, I want a better balance between gameplay and graphics. I'd be OK with this SUPERHOT experience if I found myself in an arcade hall.

I agree from an ideal standpoint, but almost all modern games are watered down retreads of past works if you are honest. I know what you mean that the cinematic gaming experience is awe inspiring, but it also takes away from replayability. There is only so much money and dev time to go around. If all of it is spent making a pseudo-movie experience than that most often means gameplay systems suffer.

Games like Gears of War, if those were becoming standard tradition I would be worried. Luckily, not the case. Those are games where gameplay heavily suffered to give way to a cinematic feel.

Remember the game Chaser? It was one of the first FPS games togethet with F.E.A.R. where you could enter slow-motion on command. That was revolutionary back in the day. No need for textureless shit like this to be revolutionary.

heroin wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 10:23:
It was a solid design decision not to include textures. The idea matches the story and looks perfect/gorgeous - so it's a perfect art/design solution... I've been loving my Overwatch beta with all it's great environments and animations but for me - SuperHot is right up there with Overwatch!

Does the idea match the story, or might it be that the story matches the idea *slash* cheap excuse?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

14. Re: SUPERHOT Released Feb 26, 2016, 07:37 Quinn

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 07:32:
Quinn wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 07:18:
Soooo they just didn't add textures and people are completely fine with that...

Baffles the mind.

They are laughing so incredibly fucking hard, their hearts won't make it all the way to the bank.

The real question is, does the time and money to texture levels add anything to the fun of the game? IF anything the game industry has spent so much money on art that gameplay has been suffering for more than a decade. I wouldn't mind deeper more fun experiences at lower detail.

I think there's no right or wrong answer to that question. It comes down to taste. Personally, I want a better balance between gameplay and graphics. I'd be OK with this SUPERHOT experience if I found myself in an arcade hall.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

12. Re: SUPERHOT Released Feb 26, 2016, 07:18 Quinn

Soooo they just didn't add textures and people are completely fine with that...

Baffles the mind.

They are laughing so incredibly fucking hard, their hearts won't make it all the way to the bank.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Feb 23, 2016, 18:11 Quinn

Rigs wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 17:59:
I haven't got to the 'Following' part of the game yet, I'm still in the 'Old City' (after playing on and off for 6 months now)...what's wrong with 'The Following' exactly? (I'm just curious as I'll probably be getting there soon enough)

=-Rigs-=

Feel free to watch my review, linked above by Blue. It's on my Youtube channel, Vince Verdict.

It's a harsh one, but it's how I feel about it. Hope you find it informative enough.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Division Beta Claims Record
25. Re: The Division Beta Claims Record Feb 23, 2016, 11:04 Quinn

Removed this message myself. Read something out of context.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 22, 2016, 12:35 Quinn

I notice there are lovers and haters of The Following. I think much of the love is for Techland and not the expansion per se. Personally, I think Techland made some inexplicable design decisions with the expansion. Decisions that made a Dying Light lover hate The Following.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Undying Dying Light Support
5. Re: Undying Dying Light Support Feb 19, 2016, 15:10 Quinn

Truly I don't like The Following at all. The buggy annoys me. The game was a winner due to the parkour, the freerunning. I ironically feel immobilized in the buggy. I rather go on foot, but then not really... because somehow you can't fast travel and the distances are too great.

Unlike some, I like it that most human enemies have guns. There's enough zombies to get yer melee fix.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Open Beta Trailer
11. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Open Beta Trailer Feb 17, 2016, 19:56 Quinn

rudra wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 19:00:
no i havent played it at all - i hate cover shooters.. any video or watching other people play it is more than enough bullshit for me

heres a hint you fucking dumbass - theres this thing called SUBJECTIVE OPINION and PERSONAL TASTE, you should check it out

If you really wanna stick with that "I hate cover shooters", do know that you're writing off every single third person shooter. I cannot imagine a third person shooter that isn't a cover shooter. Back in the days of yore, we had to press CTRL or C to do the duck animation behind objects in order to cover. These days, in order to get into cover, we... well... we're actually still doing the same but our character now sticks itself against it. It just feels more realistic, imo.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Division Free With NVIDIA Cards
2. Re: The Division Free With NVIDIA Cards Feb 17, 2016, 11:56 Quinn

People will see this as a discount on the GPU they've had their eye on for some time, selling their copy of The Division. This is a good thing for people who don't wanna pay max for a game they're on the fence about. Like meself.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
3. Re: New GeForce Drivers Feb 16, 2016, 10:44 Quinn

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 10:39:
Only if you have *very* low standards... like those console peasants!

Qft

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

4. Re: Game Reviews Feb 14, 2016, 13:23 Quinn

Thanks guys, that's really good to hear!

I'm struggling for off time to make these vids but I hope I can do a Dying Light The Following review next week -- first gotta buy and play it a bit though.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 13, 2016, 17:24 Quinn

Thanks, Blue!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > XCOM 2 Troubleshooting
25. Re: XCOM 2 Troubleshooting Feb 12, 2016, 11:28 Quinn

Hopefully Blue will share it as well, but here you go:

https://youtu.be/7RPlKRmPCzo

My third review, this time obviously XCOM 2.

PS: I'm getting a mic upgrade soon, and so will the logo be improved

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Division Open Beta Next Week
3. Re: The Division Open Beta Next Week Feb 9, 2016, 16:34 Quinn

This was my own little amateur-in-learning review of the beta. Final verdict: Entertaining for about a month. Nothing more, nothing less, I'm afraid. Literally no idea how they could keep this game interesting for any longer.

https://youtu.be/Ux5HAwLTMdY

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2111 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo