Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2643 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2018, 11:26 Quinn

Desalus wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 10:03:
Quinn wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 06:30:

The monster design is praised somehow, while I find them fucking ridiculous and impossible. People accurately described one monster as a "lizard owl".
It looked as ridiculous as that description sounds.
How can your immersion not be broken if a half-turkey half-tiger comes jumping out of the water?!

It's called fantasy for a reason. Do you have the same complaints about any game that has centaurs, manticores, chimeras, griffons, pegasuses, owlbears, etc. in it?

Not if it's done well. There's one trophy monster in The Witcher 3 that has extremely ugly design as well, and while W3 is one of my favorite games I've no problem complaining about that. The monster which I don't remember the name of, has too small wings to be able to carry its mass by a long shot and an out of proportions big head and horns.

There's an English term for this I can't conjure up atm... when within the reality of the fantasy, something is unrealistic. Help me out

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2018, 09:04 Quinn

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 08:47:
If I want to play a monster hunter game Im gonna play the Witcher 3. In fact Im re-installin the GOTY edition as we speak, looking forward to the improvements and the expansions.

You haven't played Blood & Wine yet?! My god, you are in for a treat. I'm happy for ya!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2018, 06:30 Quinn

El Pit wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 00:09:
Cutter wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 14:23:
Watched some of that MH on Twitch. Definitely not a game for me. I'm just not down with those Japanese games. I especially loathe that oversized weapon and armor look, it just looks ridiculous.

Same here. I just can't stand this anime design with hilariously huge weapons and awkward haircuts.

The monster design is praised somehow, while I find them fucking ridiculous and impossible. People accurately described one monster as a "lizard owl".
It looked as ridiculous as that description sounds.
How can your immersion not be broken if a half-turkey half-tiger comes jumping out of the water?!

The Monster Hunter Hype is unbelievable to me. To each their own, naturally. But fuck me...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer
42. Re: DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer Aug 13, 2018, 04:28 Quinn

In its genre, I think DOOM is about the best game I've ever played.

The graphics are amazing;
The performance is fantastic;
The gameplay is fun as hell and really pushes the player to be at their best, because they feel like the Doom Slayer, and the Doom Slayer is da best;
The soundtrack is phenomenal, because never have I pushed myself to my skill limit through the power of music.

It's one of the few games I played through twice in one year, and even now I have the urge to play through it again. To me, Doom is perfection. I can't wait to get my hands on Doom Eternal.

Doom Eternal and Rage 2... and the birth of my first daughter.. early 2019 is gonna be a good, good time ^^

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans
157. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 11, 2018, 20:49 Quinn

RedEye9, if this thread was good for 1 thing, it was for getting me to know you as the peanut brain idiot you are. I can keep telling you ad nauseum that I fully acknowledge white racism in the US, and still you would show me links of individual white racism. You are the symbol of what a closed minded, slow person looks like. You are the argument against the efficiency of democracy, if a case could be made that the majority is like you.

I ask you one thing, and one thing only: from here on out, refrain from participating in complex discussions. You add nothing to them. Literally every post you made on this thread was absolutely useless, while -- to bring perspective to that claim -- literally every post of Beamer and Sepharo was indeed useful.

Please, stay away.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

154. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 11, 2018, 13:06 Quinn

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 11:57:
The person you feign ignorance of knowing is Mark Collett, a right wing racist nut job. I can't believe you 2 ain't M8s. {wink}

You think I'm a racist nutjob. Why? I told you I don't know who the guy is. Tell me what's racist about that particular video, except for the anti-white racism in it -- naturally.

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2018, 13:17.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD's Monster Sales
15. Re: MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD's Monster Sales Aug 10, 2018, 20:07 Quinn

Thanks OpticNerve! It doesn't sound like my kind of game. I'm with Cutter on this one. To each their own =)  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

151. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 10, 2018, 20:05 Quinn

No idea who this guy is, nor have I seen any other vids of his... but for good measure: This is one of the reasons I think this discussion was important.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

10. Re: MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD's Monster Sales Aug 10, 2018, 17:54 Quinn

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 17:47:
Quinn wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 13:46:
Running around killing big monsters so you gain loot to kill other big monsters. I am honestly so confused about why this is such a success. I need a new game... so I'd love to try this... but... but... it just seems so fucking shallow? :\

Ok gonna play the asshole here for a min.

If you think it's just a go up whack monsters and repeat, then you sir are the shallow one.

Go watch some clips/streams and take a look at the weapons sets in the game.

I'm not trying to have a debate here, mate, where you're saying the game is great and I'm saying it sucks because of X and Y. I haven't played the game. Maybe I'm just very clumsy in the way I'm asking people to convince me why this game is more than the impression I get from the footage I've seen ^^

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

8. Re: MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD's Monster Sales Aug 10, 2018, 16:00 Quinn

Prez wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 14:38:
Quinn wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 13:46:
Running around killing big monsters so you gain loot to kill other big monsters. I am honestly so confused about why this is such a success. I need a new game... so I'd love to try this... but... but... it just seems so fucking shallow? :\

That's the gameplay loop of virtually every Action RPG in existence. It's got a lot of fans, me included.

Yeah sure but isn't every quest "kill this beast" and isn't every map just jungles and charred lava landscape? I'm genuinely confused. If it wasn't so goddamn expensive on Steam I'd have bought it for the 2 hours trial time.

I'm not critizising the game. I'm just seeing gameplay vids and it looks like you've seen everything in an hour or two. But the enthusiasm about this game tells me there's more to it. Is this game like those certain beautiful women that somehow aren't photogenic?

This comment was edited on Aug 10, 2018, 17:52.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

3. Re: MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD's Monster Sales Aug 10, 2018, 13:46 Quinn

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

150. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 10, 2018, 03:40 Quinn

Sepharo wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 19:19:
Quinn wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 19:00:
What a waste of fucking time. I asked you to show me where I said anything akin to "They called me a whitey!". You failed miserably. Thanks for that.

I didn't say you said that... I used it as an example of what I would consider racism against whites.
And you were not clear in asking what you wanted an example of, I thought you wanted example of you talking about racism against whites... which is damn near all you've been talking about.

But I am pretty confused why you're so hostile to that earlier summary.

Is that not the core of your argument?
That "white privilege" discussion is racist against whites?
And does that not, for you, mostly rest on swapping "white" with "black"? Paraphrasing, "If blacks we're treated this way it would be considered racism."

I disagree with the first, and the second doesn't make sense in context... and no that context isn't just because of skin color but because of history, society, implicit and in some cases explicit bias. Your National Review article even acknowledges you can't just simply make the "swap" argument (though it engages in it before later making that acknowledgement).

Hmm, cool. I thought you were saying, in that earlier comment, that I was one of those people resorting to such anecdotal nonsense arguments for anti-white racism.

Anyway, no, my actual arguments about racism against whites went a bit further than swapping "white" with "black". The swap argument only revealed the double-standard of people like yourself, the way I see it. In the end I mentioned multiple times that it doesn't even matter how you and I look at this trend where "whiteness" (like "white" privilege/fragility) is used to describe how many advantages the minority group of this society has. It instead matters how much of the extreme left media handles it, pushing normally tolerant people's "button" (as that psychological study put it) getting them to suddenly think of themselves as whites and get on the defensive. And how it enables people with an anti-white agenda. This is bad for all of us. I have mentioned that wedge multiple times by now.

I think we know quite well where you and I stand on the matter now.

Have a good one.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

149. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 9, 2018, 19:38 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 19:26:
Quinn wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 18:55:
Beamer wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 18:06:
But why are more blacks committing crime?

Beeeeecause white people make them...? Thinking2

Or because the majority grows up without a father, in poor neighborhoods, being poor themselves, with black artists inspiring to do crime and have unprotected sex... for starters? Seems like a recipe for exactly the shit the black community is dealing with? Thinking2

I don't know, Beamer. Why are more blacks committing crimes? Why do hunders of blacks kill eachother every year by putting bullets in eachother's heads? Why do they steal more? Deal more?

What can we white folks do to fix it? Because, by all means, let's fix it!

Ok, so black people are more likely to have these things in their lives, most of which are beyond their control and are from before they're born. White people are less likely to, by a wide margin.

Perhaps there's some kind of advantage, or privilege, in not having to deal with that? And perhaps there are some parts of society so disgusted by these things beyond the control of the individual that they treat the individual differently?

I agree.
I never disagreed with the concept. I never disagreed all that much with you and Sepharo. I disagreed with the terminology and the use of it. But I've repeated myself on that idea as well so I shouldn't anymore.

I haven't seen anything good come from the birth of the terminology. Yes, media is using it a lot these days, but for no good use. Because yes, we don't grow up fatherless and in crime ridden streets but so what? I don't need that term to feel awful about the status quo and neither do you, and neither does the racist idiot that never gave a fuck.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

146. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 9, 2018, 19:13 Quinn

You two have gone completely mad.

This discussion is over, folks. Thanks for watching.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2018, 19:27.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

144. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 9, 2018, 19:00 Quinn

What a waste of fucking time. I asked you to show me where I said anything akin to "They called me a whitey!". You failed miserably. Thanks for that.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2018, 19:15.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

142. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 9, 2018, 18:56 Quinn

Sepharo wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 18:53:
You don't remember repeatedly equating discussion of "white privilege" with racism against white people?

Lol, don't lower yourself like that. You know what I mean. Where did I use anecdotal cases of anti-white racism to make a point? You know, the "He called me a whitey/cracker!" stuff.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

141. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 9, 2018, 18:55 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 18:06:
But why are more blacks committing crime?

Beeeeecause white people make them...? Thinking2

Or because the majority grows up without a father, in poor neighborhoods, being poor themselves, with black artists inspiring to do crime and have unprotected sex... for starters? Seems like a recipe for exactly the shit the black community is dealing with? Thinking2

I don't know, Beamer. Why are more blacks committing crimes? Why do hunders of blacks kill eachother every year by putting bullets in eachother's heads? Why do they steal more? Deal more?

What can we white folks do to fix it? Because, by all means, let's fix it!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

139. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 9, 2018, 18:45 Quinn

Quinn wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 16:39:
Sepharo, Beamer...

Any of you willing to educate RedEye on what my position is? Seems he can only think in absolutes and he gives me a fuming-mouth impression. Maybe he'll see reason from the guys on the other side of the discussion.

I'll do it myself:

RedEye, I have never said that there is no such thing as racism toward colored people.

Sleep tight now, buddy.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

138. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 9, 2018, 18:37 Quinn

Sepharo wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 18:02:
Quinn wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 16:39:
Sepharo, Beamer...

Any of you willing to educate RedEye on what my position is? Seems he can only think in absolutes and he gives me a fuming-mouth impression. Maybe he'll see reason from the guys on the other side of the discussion.

RedEye,
Quinn thinks that discussion of white privilege amounts to racism against white people.
Also he is very fond of replacing "white" with "black" and resting his case.

edit: Just noticed this bit from you, "the anti-white rhetoric [...] it's happening, and it's a fact you and I agree on."
No this is not something we agree on and something I have explained repeatedly to you. "White privilege" is not anti-white rhetoric, it's not negative against whites... it is the acknowledgement of the LACK of negative effects of being white when compared to those of being black or some other minority in this society. It is the recognition that you haven't suffered to the same degree based solely on your race.
I'm sure you must have noticed by now but I have not engaged with any of your white racism examples or anything of that sort... I have been specifically talking about "white privilege" and how the concept triggers some. If someone walks up to you on the street, spits in your face, and says "fuck you whitey!" then sure that's racism, no doubt about that. But if someone points out your white privilege when you're let go with a warning instead of being arrested, or when someone points out that video game protagonists are overwhelmingly white... no that's not racism against white people.

What the fuck? I honestly can't remember those white racism examples you mentioned I mentioned. I haven't used them because I know that's not what White Privilege is about, so that would be silly. Are you Beamer? What with his "Cracker" example I never even remotely used. Also, you're reading my earlier comment wrong. I didn't say we both agree on anti-white rhetoric. I said we both agree on the observation that there are white people that experience it as anti-white rhetoric and because of that start to see themselves as white people.
Neither did I say that I have a problem with the factual observation that most protagonists are white.

Fucking hell this last comment of yours kinda shows you've not taken the time to actually read my comments carefully at all. I'll go through the thread again for self-reflection to see where I could've been clearer.

PS: Your summary of my stance to RedEye is pathetic and I actually thought that despite our opposite positions in this discussion, we were being civil and I even enjoyed the back-and-forth. Reminder to myself that I am debating with scumbags on the internet.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

134. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 9, 2018, 17:27 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 15:34:
Quinn wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 11:00:
Beamer wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 09:33:
A lot of eyes have been opened by the term "white fragility."

I'm sorry, being polite and respectful doesn't get change. Anyone that thinks it does wasn't paying attention when women got the right to vote a mere century ago, or when black people got the right to marry white people a mere 50 years ago.

That shit came with a lot of struggle in attempts to make people challenge their preconceived notions. In order to shake things up, you need to actually shake things up.

Yes, Beamer, I get that. Everyone gets that. Those 2 examples you gave were forms of institutionalized racism/discrimination and had to change. That isn't some Captain Hindsight thing. The shit was out there for all to see. Questions could be asked: "Can black people marry white people?" and the answer was a simple "No". Shit had to get shaken up because many people didn't see what was wrong with that status quo.

Now listen -- and this is important -- today people are fighting for a very vague change. There no longer is objective evidence for institutional racism. Everyone is, in fact, equal. That's something you don't agree with, and that's why I try to make you see my reason by asking you to provide evidence of institutional racism. Your entire plight stands or falls on that evidence or lack thereof.

And that's where things get tricky. You name the disproportionate amount of African Americans in jail and you call that the proof of institutional racism. I ask you instead to first proof that the system of judicial court is racist. Proof to me that those blacks in prison are innocent. If you can't, then they are there for a reason. You may tell me they are there because they can't pay for proper defense, and I would agree and say that poor people have the odds stacked against them. But that isn't racism.
Or you may show me some percentage of cops killing blacks. I will show you in return the disproportionate amount of blacks resisting arrests leading to said kills (without being unsympathetic to the fact there are, of course, racist cops out there). I'll also show you the crime statistics and point out how, per capita, African Americans rule the chart. I'll throw in 20 video clips from different chicago artists rapping about killing cops while pointing guns and gang signs at the camera, but just for shits and giggles.
I can go on and on. It's not that I don't want to see it! It has been shown to me, but critical thinking and research shows me that what has been presented to me as X isn't X at all. (People sometimes tell me it's ridiculous to add the following disclaimer, but I disagree: In my small circle of friends, 2 of them are black. I'm invited by one's family to stay in their family home in Rwanda next summer, even. I think it's important to mention in these discussions, just to show you're not talking with a xenophobe or racist.)

This isn't about slavery no more. This isn't about blacks not being allowed to marry whites. This isn't about women's rights. This is about very vague shit, to put it nicely. And this very vague shit is pounding a wedge -- boom, boom, boom -- right into the progress that was slowly but oh so steadily heading toward racial unity.

Southwest Fresno leaders criticize hiring of white teacher for Gaston school's cultural studies
Imagine how this would've exploded in the media (as it should have either way) if the critizisers were white and the teacher was black. These double standards gotta go. #stopracismpl0x

It doesn't matter that they're not innocent. Something in America leads to more black people in jail. Something.

And that something has to do with our institutions. Remember, the judiciary isn't our only institution. An institution is an established law, practice, or custom. Our culture is an institution.

So, either more black people end up in jail because the genes that make skin darker also make people more criminal, or there's something in our culture that leads to black people getting sent to jail. It doesn't matter if they're guilty, the question is why are they even ending up in this position? From there, you can discuss our laws against crack (highly recommend The House I Live In, a David Simon [of the wire] produced documentary) are racist, or how poor people get significantly more jail time for the same infractions and how black people are more likely to be poor, or how the media tends to cover black criminals and white criminals differently.

I'll try to give my view on those points you mention.

It doesn't matter that they're not innocent. Something in America leads to more black people in jail. Something.
Yes, more blacks doing crime seem to put more blacks in jail. I'm not trying to be snide or cynical here at all. This is actually why I think it does matter whether they're innocent or not, like I mentioned in my earlier post today. Whether people should be in prison for petty crimes is another debate worth having, but it's too far away from any evidence of institutional racism to have it here -- in my opinion. In the end, these kids can always choose not to do crime, and they won't get arrested. I know how you feel about that from your anecdotal story, which I really felt for and is -- indeed -- a sign that there is something horribly wrong in those poor, black communities.
But have you heard of the shootings in Chicago this weekend? Oh, "which one" you ask? Of course. The one with 12 dead and 63 wounded. This is what the (black) Chicago Police Superintendent had to say about it: "They hold me accountable. They hold the mayor accountable. They hold the city council accountable. Where's their accountability?"
Or the mayor of Chicago: "There's a shortage of values about what is right, what is wrong. What is acceptable, what is condoned, what is condemned. And we, as a city, in every corner, have an accountability and responsibility."
They're asking them, the people, the victims, who shot those people. But what's coming out of those neighborhoods? Fuck all. There's that damned code of silence. Nobody wants to be a snitch. And the streets are run by gangsters, warlords and monsters. They call the city Chiraq, for fuck's sake. It's disgraceful that an American city is exhibiting this kind of behaviour and, yes, it's the blacks in that city that tear it all the fuck down. Where is your White Privilege finger pointing to here, man? It has nothing to do with white people. Leave them out of it while you join heads and try to fix this hell hole.

And that something has to do with our institutions. Remember, the judiciary isn't our only institution. An institution is an established law, practice, or custom. Our culture is an institution.
Our culture is an insitution :\ I don't know.. that's a silly thing to say. Is it an institution because it is the culture of the majority? If the culture of the majority is by definition a bad thing/institution, then that would be the perfect argument against multi-culturalism which is one you probably don't want to make.

So, either more black people end up in jail because the genes that make skin darker also make people more criminal, or there's something in our culture that leads to black people getting sent to jail.
What? No. It's not one of just these 2 options. That's ridiculous. How about their culture? If you have no problems throwing the "white" culture under the bus, what keeps you from scrutinizing black culture? This is why I thought my argument was important that was about the disparities between African American people and other black minorities. They seem to be failing particularly hard and I doubt institutional racism discriminates between black, dark-brown and brown people.

From there, you can discuss our laws against crack (highly recommend The House I Live In, a David Simon [of the wire] produced documentary) are racist, or how poor people get significantly more jail time for the same infractions and how black people are more likely to be poor,
I agree that when you're poor, life is a whole lot harder for you. Especially when you live in a poor, black neighborhood, where the streets are filled with thugs and the more-than necessary police are being made out as the villains (the new trend that came hand-to-hand with the anti-white narrative).

or how the media tends to cover black criminals and white criminals differently.
What are you talking about? If the mainstream media is doing one thing without faltering these days, it's demonizing the white person. I'm very surprised you just wrote that.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2643 Comments. 133 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo