Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2946 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews

4. Re: Game Reviews Nov 8, 2019, 08:42 Quinn

Nullity wrote on Nov 8, 2019, 08:34:
Quinn wrote on Nov 8, 2019, 04:54:
I don't even have to read that article to disagree with its conclusion. I'm running a GTX1070Ti and it runs at a stable 60 fps with most on ultra, some on high, some on medium, nothing on low. Considering the visuals, that's not a bad port. Can it be better? I'm sure it can.
To be fair, they list a bunch of reasons why they call it a bad console port, not just the low performance, and it's basically the same list for every Rockstar game.

Since after I wrote what I wrote, my game suddenly has crashed like 4 times in the span of an hour. Didn't happen before. I'm 19 hours in now. What the fuck. Feels like a memory leak somehow, because I notice it mostly happens right after fast-travel.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews

2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 8, 2019, 04:54 Quinn

Nullity wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 12:34:
Red Dead Redemption 2 Benchmark Test & Performance Analysis - TechPowerUp.
From the article:
RDR2 is clearly a console port, and a bad one.
Pretty much sums it up. Just another typical Rockstar game.

I don't even have to read that article to disagree with its conclusion. I'm running a GTX1070Ti and it runs at a stable 60 fps with most on ultra, some on high, some on medium, nothing on low. Considering the visuals, that's not a bad port. Can it be better? I'm sure it can.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC

17. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC Nov 5, 2019, 13:15 Quinn

Cram wrote on Nov 5, 2019, 11:44:
Quinn wrote on Nov 5, 2019, 11:17:
Played for about half an hour before I headed back to work. I sat around 40fps with my GTX 1070ti with everything on max except MSAA (off). Hard to judge yet because the game starts in a heavy blizzard, showing off the most performance heavy effects (volumetric, lighting) with bravado. I turned those effects to high, distant shadows to medium and shadows to high which got me to an almost steady average of 60fps. I'm used to 80 now so I'm not happy with it but whatever.

I'm curious if the clear weather long distance setting will improve or worsen the performance.

What resolution?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC

5. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC Nov 5, 2019, 11:17 Quinn

Played for about half an hour before I headed back to work. I sat around 40fps with my GTX 1070ti with everything on max except MSAA (off). Hard to judge yet because the game starts in a heavy blizzard, showing off the most performance heavy effects (volumetric, lighting) with bravado. I turned those effects to high, distant shadows to medium and shadows to high which got me to an almost steady average of 60fps. I'm used to 80 now so I'm not happy with it but whatever.

I'm curious if the clear weather long distance setting will improve or worsen the performance.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > No Ray Tracing in PC RDR2; Preview Roundup

8. Re: No Ray Tracing in PC RDR2; Preview Roundup Nov 1, 2019, 17:55 Quinn

From the PC Gamer article:

As a PC player I'm used to being able to dart around with my view and react to the game world with almost unconscious flicks of the mouse. Pad look creates a small amount of friction between my intention and the way the game responds to that intention. Removing that friction simply makes the game feel better to me.

Exactly this. It's the reason I never got into console gaming. That friction he talks about always kept me from getting immersed into games. I was always just the guy on the couch fighting with his thumb-stick. Never the cowboy; never the guy from Last of Us; never Alan Wake.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Blazing Sails Announced

4. Re: Blazing Sails Announced Oct 31, 2019, 12:12 Quinn

NKD wrote on Oct 31, 2019, 11:01:
Thought that said Blazing Saddles for a second.

I was just about to make a Mel Brooks joke lol

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Halloween Sale

5. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 29, 2019, 11:50 Quinn

Bill Borre wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 11:48:
So you're complaining about lower prices?

He said it was redundant and explained why, smarty pants.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Halloween Sale

4. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 29, 2019, 11:48 Quinn

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 11:42:
Boring, pointless sale. With sales all year around as well as sales on Fanatical, GMG, CDKeys.com etc. this is redundant as fuck.

Indeed. I remember like 9 years ago, I woke up in the middle of the night to check new temp discounts. Back then, a game like Shadow of the Tomb Raider would be on sale for like 8 bucks instead of 20 what it is now. This is pathetic.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > CARRION Sneak Peek Demo

7. Re: CARRION Sneak Peek Demo Oct 28, 2019, 19:21 Quinn

Zero care. Give me Outer World, DOOM, Kingdom Come Delicerance kinda games. Fuck this noise.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Humble Monthly Becoming Multi-Tiered Humble Choice

13. Re: Humble Monthly Becoming Multi-Tiered Humble Choice Oct 24, 2019, 10:11 Quinn

Hmm, same deal more games and choices? I did cancel my subscription this month, but just reactivated it. I'd like to see if this new Choice system is any good. If it is, I'm happy I pay 8 dollars less. If it sucks, it's a 12 bucks lesson and some OK games if I'm lucky.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Reviews

66. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 24, 2019, 09:22 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Oct 24, 2019, 07:29:
And while the slpc has issues, I'd say Roosh's words speak for him well. I love his blog listing ten reasons heterosexuals should leave America. The first reason is the women overseas are more subservient. Another is "there are less homosexuals abroad." Doesn't that just mean more competition?

It was just funny the SPLC was used as a source to rebuke a corrupt source There's no question this Roosh is the scum of the earth.

What would RedEye label him with? It can't be misogynist, because a guy winking at a girl is that already by his standards. He can't label Roosh a homophobe either, because RedEye already labeled the guy who admitted he doesn't like the sight of two blokes kissing eachother that. Hmmm. It's like the meaning of the labels have become meaningless! How can that be? =D

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

63. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 24, 2019, 02:17 Quinn

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 17:53:
Quinn wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 17:44:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 17:05:
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/daryush-roosh-valizadeh
nsfhc not safe for human consumption

Talking about flawed sources!
Your ignorance and racism knows no bounds. Thanks for playing.

You'll fit right in, buddy!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

51. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 23, 2019, 17:44 Quinn

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 17:05:
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/daryush-roosh-valizadeh
nsfhc not safe for human consumption

Talking about flawed sources! The SPLC are the nutjobs that put Sam Harris on their hatewatch and labeled both Maajid Nawaz and Ayaan Hirsi Ali as anti-Muslim extremists.

At least they seem to have gotten it right with that Roosh guy. What a freak accident is that motherfucker.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

46. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 23, 2019, 16:37 Quinn

“No means no — until it means yes. The sex was painful for her. I was only the second guy she’d ever had sex with. I didn’t think she was lying, because pumping her was like jamming my cock through a medieval keyhole. She whimpered like a wounded puppy dog the entire time, but I really wanted to have an orgasm, so I was “almost there” for about ten minutes. ”

I would celebrate this guy getting draw-and-quartered. He gives men a bad name. Fucking hell, that quote really pissed me off.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > New Arkham Game Rumors

4. Re: New Arkham Game Rumors Oct 22, 2019, 03:55 Quinn

bigspender wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 03:11:
I'm still holding out for a coop arkham game. Beat'em ups are always fun in coop. And if they can get the fantastic combat system to perform coop moves that would be spectacular!

I think this is a big difference between console gamers and PC gamers. Are you planning to play this coop Arkham game on console, would it come out?

There's a causal connection between coop and bad single player quality, which makes sense, but I don't want that sacrifice in a game that should have been SP in the first place. Dead Space 3 is the perfect example.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > New Arkham Game Rumors

2. Re: New Arkham Game Rumors Oct 22, 2019, 02:43 Quinn

I would dare a huge bet that this isn't coming to PC. Not after the Arkham Knight debacle because of tilting idiots with potatoes for PCs (and/or with the terribly optimized Nvidia graphical options enabled, crippling performance on almost any rig).

I think Arkham Knight was one of the best games ever made.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > THQ Nordic Opening Japanese Office

2. Re: THQ Nordic Opening Japanese Office Oct 21, 2019, 16:31 Quinn

I bought some shares of THQ Nordic a few months ago, funny enough. Totally new to that practice. Interesting!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties

105. Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties Oct 20, 2019, 16:41 Quinn

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 20, 2019, 06:11:
[url=][/url]
Quinn wrote on Oct 20, 2019, 04:58:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 23:32:
Quinn wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 07:13:
Prez wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 03:15:
I kind of get what Quinn was trying to say. At least I think so. To be clear, yes I am utterly disgusted that a woman can be killed in her own home by a police officer shooting into it for no reason whatsoever. Just as I am horrified that a man was killed in his own apartment by a trespassing officer. But in both cases the officers were not just cleared of wrongdoing; one received a 10 year sentence (presumably only 10 because the jury believed it was a terrible mistake due to gross negligence rather than malicious) and the other has been fired and is going on trial for murder.

As to the "non-issue" comment, I do in fact disagree. Unjustifiable police shootings clearly is a national issue. I also have no problem with anyone taking a knee to protest. Where I do at least see some common ground with Quinn is where he is saying that evidence doesn't necessarily support racist motivations on the part of police in many of the cases. A bad shooting is a bad shooting, but the question of whether the cop shot simply because the victim was black is dicey and very hard to prove one way or another.

In the case of the female officer killing Mr. Neal because she thought she was in her apartment the question would be would she have done the same if he was white? The answer of course is unknown. Would that moron in Texas have shot through that window had the woman been white? Again, unknown. It is just as likely in my view that the issue is extremely poor judgement or inadequate training. Some cops are just not equipped to make split-second life or death decisions and some are just trigger-happy assholes. Regardless of the underlying causes, however, unjustifiable shootings are just too high for it to be dismissed as a "non-issue" in my opinion.

Statistics that show higher percentages of minority victims of unjustifiable police shootings seem to point to racial motivations on the face of it, but I think one must consider the underlying factors that the statistics don't address before drawing a definitive conclusion. For example, in virtually every major city violent crime is higher in lower income areas. Unfortunately this also means higher minority percentages. (Not discussing correlation or causality her because that is an entirely different issue; suffice it to say that while it IS an issue it is unfortunately just how it is). Higher crime means higher police presence, which in turn means a higher rate of police shootings. Is this an issue of race? I think, fundamentally, it is. But is it an issue of an endemic racism in policing? I don't know. I lean towards feeling it isn't. It stands to reason that there will be racist police (and ya know, FUCK THEM) but is the problem systemic? I don't think it is. Hence why I *think* I get what Quinn is getting at. In the end I get that there is just an overall disgust at the ridiculous number of minorities being killed and how people choose to speak out about that is fine with me as long as it doesn't cause more violence.

What you are saying is literally exactly what I meant to say, but failed to get across to some. If my comment wasn't removed for double-standard bullshit reasons, you would've been moreso convinced that I meant what you just said.

Maybe you didn't post the comment to come to my defence, but thanks anyway.

Literally exactly?

He said he disagrees with your characterization of it being a "non-issue".
That it is fundamentally an issue of race.
And that how people choose to speak out about that (nfl players kneeling, BLM) is fine with him.

That doesn't sound at all like your prior posts on the subject.

Quinn wrote:
Colin protested a non-issue directly contradicted by factual data and originated from a racist and victimhood mindset.

This is exactly what I meant:

Where I do at least see some common ground with Quinn is where he is saying that evidence doesn't necessarily support racist motivations on the part of police in many of the cases. A bad shooting is a bad shooting, but the question of whether the cop shot simply because the victim was black is dicey and very hard to prove one way or another.

I feel like I have proven that this is what I meant, by now. I was unclear in that original post about Colin, and shouldn't have used the word "contradict" but instead should have mentioned the lack of data; the absense of evidence. I think he took the knee against institutional racism, not just police violence. I think that was unclear to Prez. Otherwise I too wouldn't have a problem with Colin's rebellion.
Please quit posting in threads that you turn into race baiting bullshit until you learn basic English.

I could report you for being a taunting, disrespectful *bleep* but I doubt that will work. I won't forget the double-standard applied by Blue in this thread. Left a foul fucking taste in my mouth.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer

22. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 20, 2019, 07:47 Quinn

I'm pretty sure this game will be a failure. From what I have seen, the combat is abysmal.

I hope I am wrong.

Either way, I'll hold off on this game unless Worthabuy gives it a good reviews. That fella is literally the only reviewer that never gotten it wrong for me yet. ACG gabe JC4 a good review, which was when he lost a good amount of good reputation, and then he continued to waste my money. I am no longer trusting his verdicts at all anymore.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties

103. Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties Oct 20, 2019, 04:58 Quinn

Sepharo wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 23:32:
Quinn wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 07:13:
Prez wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 03:15:
I kind of get what Quinn was trying to say. At least I think so. To be clear, yes I am utterly disgusted that a woman can be killed in her own home by a police officer shooting into it for no reason whatsoever. Just as I am horrified that a man was killed in his own apartment by a trespassing officer. But in both cases the officers were not just cleared of wrongdoing; one received a 10 year sentence (presumably only 10 because the jury believed it was a terrible mistake due to gross negligence rather than malicious) and the other has been fired and is going on trial for murder.

As to the "non-issue" comment, I do in fact disagree. Unjustifiable police shootings clearly is a national issue. I also have no problem with anyone taking a knee to protest. Where I do at least see some common ground with Quinn is where he is saying that evidence doesn't necessarily support racist motivations on the part of police in many of the cases. A bad shooting is a bad shooting, but the question of whether the cop shot simply because the victim was black is dicey and very hard to prove one way or another.

In the case of the female officer killing Mr. Neal because she thought she was in her apartment the question would be would she have done the same if he was white? The answer of course is unknown. Would that moron in Texas have shot through that window had the woman been white? Again, unknown. It is just as likely in my view that the issue is extremely poor judgement or inadequate training. Some cops are just not equipped to make split-second life or death decisions and some are just trigger-happy assholes. Regardless of the underlying causes, however, unjustifiable shootings are just too high for it to be dismissed as a "non-issue" in my opinion.

Statistics that show higher percentages of minority victims of unjustifiable police shootings seem to point to racial motivations on the face of it, but I think one must consider the underlying factors that the statistics don't address before drawing a definitive conclusion. For example, in virtually every major city violent crime is higher in lower income areas. Unfortunately this also means higher minority percentages. (Not discussing correlation or causality her because that is an entirely different issue; suffice it to say that while it IS an issue it is unfortunately just how it is). Higher crime means higher police presence, which in turn means a higher rate of police shootings. Is this an issue of race? I think, fundamentally, it is. But is it an issue of an endemic racism in policing? I don't know. I lean towards feeling it isn't. It stands to reason that there will be racist police (and ya know, FUCK THEM) but is the problem systemic? I don't think it is. Hence why I *think* I get what Quinn is getting at. In the end I get that there is just an overall disgust at the ridiculous number of minorities being killed and how people choose to speak out about that is fine with me as long as it doesn't cause more violence.

What you are saying is literally exactly what I meant to say, but failed to get across to some. If my comment wasn't removed for double-standard bullshit reasons, you would've been moreso convinced that I meant what you just said.

Maybe you didn't post the comment to come to my defence, but thanks anyway.

Literally exactly?

He said he disagrees with your characterization of it being a "non-issue".
That it is fundamentally an issue of race.
And that how people choose to speak out about that (nfl players kneeling, BLM) is fine with him.

That doesn't sound at all like your prior posts on the subject.

Quinn wrote:
Colin protested a non-issue directly contradicted by factual data and originated from a racist and victimhood mindset.

This is exactly what I meant:

Where I do at least see some common ground with Quinn is where he is saying that evidence doesn't necessarily support racist motivations on the part of police in many of the cases. A bad shooting is a bad shooting, but the question of whether the cop shot simply because the victim was black is dicey and very hard to prove one way or another.

I feel like I have proven that this is what I meant, by now. I was unclear in that original post about Colin, and shouldn't have used the word "contradict" but instead should have mentioned the lack of data; the absense of evidence. I think he took the knee against institutional racism, not just police violence. I think that was unclear to Prez. Otherwise I too wouldn't have a problem with Colin's rebellion.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2946 Comments. 148 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >