Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On February 16, 2012
Supporter -
Total Comments 3039 (Veteran)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition Revealed

12. Re: Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition Revealed Apr 7, 2020, 08:48 Quinn

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 7, 2020, 08:41:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 6, 2020, 18:17:
Hrm, I must be the outlier, I liked all three games.

Likewise. I enjoyed all three games and I remember posting in the threads about Mafia III that a black mafia was real and did exist.

Yeah same. I think the Mafia 3 concept was really good. The time, the setting, the music -- the origin-story of soul music almost -- it had great, amazing potential. I think they failed in the delivery.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition Revealed

8. Re: Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition Revealed Apr 6, 2020, 18:44 Quinn

Part 3 had it going good with the introduction mission. Then the devs decided that was enough love and they dropped you in a lifeless world with no more of that immersive gameplay the intro mission had.

Part 2 was amazing, although I was expecting a world with more to do in it. There was really no reason to stray from the missions.

Part 1 was the best for its time. Except the racing part. I still have that radio tune in my head today. Tu-du tututu tu-du, tu-du tututu tu-du, tu-du tututu tu-du, tu-du te-du tutu...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

General Discussion > Humble Bundle give-aways by myself

3. Re: Humble Monthly Apr 2, 2020, 18:33 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 17:16:
Hey Quinn,

Thanks for the offer! If you haven't already claimed them, I'd be interested in:
Call of Duty: WW2 (Nov 2019)
Grip (Jan 2020)
Planet Alpha (Oct 2019)
Frost Punk (Feb 2020)

Thanks!

Of that selection I only have Grip for you which I e-mailed to you. Sadly I didn't have the Oct month because I paused or cancelled back then, before Humble gave a preview and all was a gamble. That was a good month...

Enjoy!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Stealing onto Steam

4. Re: Sea of Thieves Stealing onto Steam Apr 2, 2020, 13:30 Quinn

Lucky wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 12:41:
Which game store was the PC version on before today ? I don't play multiplayer so have not payed attention to this game much.

The Microsoft Store.

I never liked this game. Sadly I can no longer enjoy games without progression besides cosmetics. I want to haul treasure not for cosmetics, but for pew pew.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Trial and Friend Pass

10. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Trial and Friend Pass Apr 1, 2020, 07:18 Quinn

OpticNerve wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 22:53:
Quinn wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 16:51:
I jumped back into Division 2 since last week. I never did much of the Black Tusk stuff but now I think I've cleared all of D.C. except for the raids. I really enjoyed it but now I feel like I have to buy the expansion because grinding for gear now feels too much as coming too late to the party -- "endgame" has moved itself to the expansion.

I still doubt if Warlords of New York is worth the 25 bucks...

I felt that the campaign alone was worth the price (imo the expansion storyline was what Division 2 should have been about - D.C. had a lot of unfocused meandering) but you are correct that the "endgame" has (in a roundabout way) moved over to the expansion via the removal of gearscores and adding +10 levels to gear as well as some nice exotics. But like I've sort of mentioned in my above post, most of the new global events take place and can be done in D.C., so New York is an area you sort of only hop back to in order to do missions to RNG better-rolled exotics.

I do think that Massive will eventually do expansion-specific raids and additions but right now Warlords of New York needs more endgame content, which is a damned shame because run-down New York looks great and it's a fun place to shoot stuff in.

Hmm sounds good enough I think. If not for anything else, I'll buy it for the New York map. I think most of us agree that it would've been better if the better game (Division 2) had New York, and the other D.C. Or any other city, really. I visited D.C. and I always thought it is a bit too neat/clean and low-rise a city for a Division game.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Trial and Friend Pass

8. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Trial and Friend Pass Mar 31, 2020, 16:51 Quinn

I jumped back into Division 2 since last week. I never did much of the Black Tusk stuff but now I think I've cleared all of D.C. except for the raids. I really enjoyed it but now I feel like I have to buy the expansion because grinding for gear now feels too much as coming too late to the party -- "endgame" has moved itself to the expansion.

I still doubt if Warlords of New York is worth the 25 bucks...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Resident Evil 3 Remake Reviews

2. Re: Resident Evil 3 Remake Reviews Mar 31, 2020, 03:17 Quinn

Hi Blue, you should really include the Youtuber "Skill Up" in review listings. Personally I think he is the best, together with Worth-a-Buy (those two guys have two completely different styles, but you don't need anyone else than those two to know if a game will be worth your money).

Here's his RE3 review.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

General Discussion > Top 10 Shows

35. No subject Mar 30, 2020, 13:48 Quinn

The Handmaid's Tale  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

General Discussion > Humble Bundle give-aways by myself

1. Humble Bundle give-aways by myself Mar 30, 2020, 05:08 Quinn

Hi folks,

I'm sitting on a whole bunch of games from my Humble Bundle subscription I haven't claimed for myself yet.

Yesterday I gave away Blasphemous to a random dude on Facebook. Since only one of my real life buddies shares my gaming hobby, I'd love to give away games to you fellers.

So give the last (7) Humble Bundle months a look and post what you'll like from the collection. If I haven't claimed them, you'll get them. If I don't reply to a request, it's because I've claimed the game already.

I've paused next month, but maybe check back here in May.

Cheers,
Vince

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx No VR Mod

10. Re: Half-Life: Alyx No VR Mod Mar 30, 2020, 04:00 Quinn

I won't touch this until I have a VR rig, which I cannot afford at the current time. Shall I start a gofundme page? xD  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Gears Tactics PC Specs and Details

4. Re: Gears Tactics PC Specs and Details Mar 28, 2020, 14:12 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Mar 28, 2020, 14:08:
Can't imagine it compares to XCOM2, but it doesn't need to in order to give me a fix. Hadn't know this was coming, now it's high on my radar.

Saw this pop up on Steam today. Surprised me as well. I'd think this be a fix for me as well (hardcore XCOM fan), if it wasn't for Mutant Year Zero and Phoenix Point that somehow didn't scratch that XCOM itch...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Killing It

32. Re: DOOM Eternal Killing It Mar 26, 2020, 13:53 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 11:05:
Quinn wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 10:52:
Beamer wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 08:34:
Quinn wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 03:18:
Razumen wrote on Mar 25, 2020, 23:51:
Drayth wrote on Mar 25, 2020, 23:26:
Razumen wrote on Mar 25, 2020, 22:41:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2020, 21:36:
Razumen wrote on Mar 25, 2020, 21:33:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Mar 25, 2020, 19:24:
BULLSHIT! Physical copy's are down proving that DOOM is a failure. If there counting digital sales they are cheating and lying

Ok boomer.
Check the ol' satire detector there.

Eh, too hard to tell on this site, and there wasn't anything particularly satirical about his post anyways.

Till you realize all his posts are satirical.

Just saying something is satire doesn't make it satire.
I can write all my posts as negations and call them jokes, but they wouldn't be.

It's this "Poe's Law" people like RedEye get excited about everytime Riah-etc posts something. I made the case earlier that that just doesn't work in online communities, because stupidity knows no bounds in this area.

As for Doom Eternal: biggest waste of money for me this year so far. I've literally had more fun playing Niffelheim, which cost me 2 bucks. Doom Eternal makes me think of Jedi Fallen Order somehow -- with that game, too, I expected a cool action game that had me slice through unfortunate stormtroopers, mechanics and creatures but instead I got this every-battle-demands-your-best-effort labor. Oh, and the flamethrower reminds me of those YT videos where someone holds a lighter at their asshole when they fart.
Fuck me I hate Doom Eternal.
Sales figures mean fuck all these days.

When have sales figures ever not meant fuck all?

Anyway, the core combat loop of this game is the same as the original, so I'm still loving it. Literally every thing they added to it is bad, except for the ability to meaningfully replay levels (which really should have been there in the original), but everything else is detrimental.

Since the core is so much fun, I'm still loving the combat. Though I also find this much, much, much easier than the original. Just beat the first boss, and did it without sweating. I'm not on Nightmare, one down from it, but it shouldn't have been that easy. Nearly everything is that easy. You only die if you accidentally run into something very large.

I played Ultra-Violence or something, you too? I died quite a lot actually, but not before where you seem to be right now. I wonder what your thoughts will be later into the game.

As for your initial question: I guess sales mattered when the majority of the development budget (pardon the hyperbole I guess) wasn't spent on marketing.

I mean, most of my favorite games didn't sell well. Some of them sold very poorly. Usually, there isn't a great correlation between sales and subjective quality.

I did a rant on DE earlier. Like I said, I feel like it's overburdened (there are so many actions you can ask me to do before I have to move a finger off of strafe, which is death in this game), I feel like the multiple upgrade systems are way too complicated and things like suit upgrades don't feel very meaningful (partially because they tend to either make exploration moot or deal with the things that require me to stop strafing and therefore die), and I feel like the level design kind of sucks because it's a spatially-vague Hell-like environment instead of things we know, or it's a non-sensical but stereotypical huge base in Antarctica that has a layout not even demons would find useful.

But I still just really like killing demons.

I hear the Marauders coming up suck a lot of fun out, though.

Oh yes, the Marauders suck. I own them now after some rancid trial and error, but that doesn't make them alright. They fuck with the flow in a way you can't imagine yet.

But anyway, what I meant with that I wonder what your thoughts will be later into the game despite you having had your rant already, is that longevity was the issue for me. I was bored with the same shit every fucking time far before the end of the game. Because this game lacks proper story-telling and immersion, the only thing you have is combat. Combat combat combat, and even that became a hellish chore for me.

phinn wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 13:14:
Doom Eternal has been awesome so far, I'm about 5 hours in, I *highly* recommend it. id Tech 7 is a work of art too. Been running 1080p/120fps ish high settings on my 3 year old 9600K/1080 rig. So fast and smooth.

I noticed a downgrade in graphics from the first minute in and the confetti coloured pick-ups were very foreboding, but even I still enjoyed the first 5 hours. Everyone with my criticism I've heard/read so far did. I hope you'll continue to love it until the end.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

28. Re: DOOM Eternal Killing It Mar 26, 2020, 10:52 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 08:34:
BULLSHIT! Physical copy's are down proving that DOOM is a failure. If there counting digital sales they are cheating and lying

Ok boomer.

Eh, too hard to tell on this site, and there wasn't anything particularly satirical about his post anyways.

I can write all my posts as negations and call them jokes, but they wouldn't be.

It's this "Poe's Law" people like RedEye get excited about everytime Riah-etc posts something. I made the case earlier that that just doesn't work in online communities, because stupidity knows no bounds in this area.

As for Doom Eternal: biggest waste of money for me this year so far. I've literally had more fun playing Niffelheim, which cost me 2 bucks. Doom Eternal makes me think of Jedi Fallen Order somehow -- with that game, too, I expected a cool action game that had me slice through unfortunate stormtroopers, mechanics and creatures but instead I got this every-battle-demands-your-best-effort labor. Oh, and the flamethrower reminds me of those YT videos where someone holds a lighter at their asshole when they fart.

When have sales figures ever not meant fuck all?

Anyway, the core combat loop of this game is the same as the original, so I'm still loving it. Literally every thing they added to it is bad, except for the ability to meaningfully replay levels (which really should have been there in the original), but everything else is detrimental.

Since the core is so much fun, I'm still loving the combat. Though I also find this much, much, much easier than the original. Just beat the first boss, and did it without sweating. I'm not on Nightmare, one down from it, but it shouldn't have been that easy. Nearly everything is that easy. You only die if you accidentally run into something very large.

I played Ultra-Violence or something, you too? I died quite a lot actually, but not before where you seem to be right now. I wonder what your thoughts will be later into the game.

As for your initial question: I guess sales mattered when the majority of the development budget (pardon the hyperbole I guess) wasn't spent on marketing.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

27. Re: DOOM Eternal Killing It Mar 26, 2020, 10:42 Quinn

Razumen wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 06:08:
Quinn wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 04:05:
Kosumo wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 03:53:

Ok boomer.

So what made you buy it?

My almost obsessive love for DOOM 2016

I knew this was going to be a gamble. I've been saying it here before Doom Eternal's release multiple times, that I was afraid it would suck for me.

Doom 2016 was the same, that required your best as well. DE just has more of everything really.

Maybe this is true but I enjoyed that game even on highest difficulty. The problem with DE is that it wants to tell me what gun I should use. If I want to meathook shotgun every mofo for 20 hours with abandon, you can't do it because even with the recharging chainsaw fuelyou'll run out of shells.

As for Story difficulty... What story? I replayed DOOM 2016 like 5 times because of the combat flavored by atmosphere and immersion. DE doesn't have that and therefore has no replayability, I think. To me at least.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

19. Re: DOOM Eternal Killing It Mar 26, 2020, 04:05 Quinn

Kosumo wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 03:53:

Ok boomer.

So what made you buy it?

My almost obsessive love for DOOM 2016

I knew this was going to be a gamble. I've been saying it here before Doom Eternal's release multiple times, that I was afraid it would suck for me.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

17. Re: DOOM Eternal Killing It Mar 26, 2020, 03:18 Quinn

Ok boomer.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count

21. Re: DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count Mar 25, 2020, 03:52 Quinn

A fun game with zero replayability, because apart from "good" combat, there's nothing there.

Every reviewer who praises the maps, round them up and put 'em on your blacklist. I will.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count

15. Re: DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count Mar 23, 2020, 17:49 Quinn

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 17:17:
aka_STEVE wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 11:43:
it's good when it's good ( all out frantic shooting of demons ) , but the platforming, puzzle jumping, quadruple air sprint dodges ??? - WTF?
When did that become part of DOOM ?

It is like a 1st person shooter of TombRaider, mixed with Darksiders,,,, in some parts.
Like I am sitting there playing it, enjoying it, - but then I start saying to myself, " yeah, I'm sure these demons from Hell have some kind of Hell-gineer come in to architect in all these elaborate doors & lifts & puzzles for every one of their demons to navigate just to get in & out of these damn places....

Saying Darksiders kicks in my thoughts of Jedi Fallen Order. The game sputters like dog shit and plays ok and nothing more. Was really surprised at how well it was received. To me it feels like pitty/desperation, it was merely average imo.

The lack of detail in the maps had me think of Darksiders, coincidentally enough. There were so many moments during my Doom Eternal run that I realized really late that I was running through office buildings for example. It's all just low detail and the scale feels off. They sacrificed immersive maps for giant, open soulless maps.

Where DOOM 2016 had a good mix of atmosphere/immersion and combat, Doom Eternal now just had combat. They literally just could've given me the tutorial room and drop a thousand demons in there and I'd have as much fun as I had before I got bored AF.

I hate Doom Eternal, is my verdict. I was frustrated 80% of the time, dashing like Flash like an idiot, searching for the cannon fodder for ammo because of course I only had enough chainsaw fuel for them.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Released

25. Re: DOOM Eternal Released Mar 20, 2020, 19:55 Quinn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 20, 2020, 17:12:
Beamer wrote on Mar 20, 2020, 13:08:
Of course, this comes the weekend that I have at least 6 or 10 hours of work to do.

Somehow, the entire world shuts down, and I still have to work the weekend.

That'll teach you to have a job!

Seriously though, I'll probably get this eventually, although I've read a few Steam complaints about the ammo system(ie. not much actual ammo laying around, you need to chainsaw kill for ammo?) Also apparently some creatures only die 'easily' vs specific weapon attacks, otherwise you waste a ton of ammo, etc.

Maybe a sale buy for me.

I get this complaint. I am constantly out of ammo and/or dodging endless waves of demons as I'm swapping through the guns in this rock-paper-scissor skirmish. Also forget about normal encounters as you would expect in any other singleplayer FPS game. Now it's just platforming from arena to arena with metroid-like puzzles in between for secrets. And those arena's are a thorn in the fucking eye, making zero contextual sense, with exloding barrels where no barrels should be and gleaming acrobat poles stuck in ancient stone.

I miss the 2016 maps, where the environment told the story in a show-don't-tell fashion with the occasional audio recording for extra lore. It's like I'm playing a Doom 2016 expansion pack with Challenge Maps, seriously. And where the combat flowed in 2016, here it drags and staggers for me somehow.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Released

14. Re: DOOM Eternal Released Mar 20, 2020, 14:59 Quinn

Doom 2016 was better. I don't like these different maps, detached from one another. It feels more like I'm playing Challenge Maps instead of a campaign. Zero immersion. Also, most new gameplay features is the stuff nobody asked for ever, except for the meat hook maybe.

It's exactly as I predicted. Those goddamn circus poles.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

3039 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >