Total Posts
3188 (Veteran)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

3188 Comments. 160 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    160  ] Older

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Delay and Expansion Announced
Jul 8, 2020, 13:07
Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Delay and Expansion Announced Jul 8, 2020, 13:07
Jul 8, 2020, 13:07

Kingdom of Amalur either had a lot of character, or I looked at it through rose colored glasses due to R. A. Salvatore's involvement.

It also felt over-ambitious; too big a world and too little assets. I remember many bosses and other very special beings that all looked the same. "I am the Spider Queen" the Generic Elf Woman #2431 said...

Re: Maxime Béland Leaves Ubisoft
Jul 7, 2020, 03:52
Re: Maxime Béland Leaves Ubisoft Jul 7, 2020, 03:52
Jul 7, 2020, 03:52

NKD wrote on Jul 6, 2020, 22:12:
Quinn wrote on Jul 6, 2020, 17:21:
Beamer wrote on Jul 6, 2020, 10:49:
This reddit post felt somewhat fitting. A male is complaining that women don't act the way he demands they do, and none have any interest in him and find him creepy and off-putting. Virtually every response tells him that he, and his attitude, are the problem. His views are outdated, his demands extreme, and he doesn't offer anything in return near reaching those demands.

He packages it up into Christianity, saying the Bible tells him to expect this, but he lashes out at everyone telling him he's outdated as "liberals," so the religion is just a cover for the political views. Pretty much all the responses come from Christians, so the religion isn't the problem.

It just felt relevant here. A man, making extreme demands of a female, confused and angry at why people find him offputting, and incapable of understanding that he needs to change his attitude and his actions.

Roses are red. Violets are blue. That guy's an idiot and nobody here (I bet my entire ballsack) disagrees.

You forgot about Kxmode didn't you. Say goodbye to your ballsack, hope you weren't using it.

Well, you missed the following part?

Pretty much all the responses come from Christians, so the religion isn't the problem.

I'm thinking Kxmode would be one of those Christians. Kxmode can chime in if he is on the idiot's side. So far, I'll presume my ballsack is still very much intact.

Jul 6, 2020, 17:21
Re: Maxime Béland Leaves Ubisoft Jul 6, 2020, 17:21
Jul 6, 2020, 17:21

Beamer wrote on Jul 6, 2020, 10:49:
This reddit post felt somewhat fitting. A male is complaining that women don't act the way he demands they do, and none have any interest in him and find him creepy and off-putting. Virtually every response tells him that he, and his attitude, are the problem. His views are outdated, his demands extreme, and he doesn't offer anything in return near reaching those demands.

He packages it up into Christianity, saying the Bible tells him to expect this, but he lashes out at everyone telling him he's outdated as "liberals," so the religion is just a cover for the political views. Pretty much all the responses come from Christians, so the religion isn't the problem.

It just felt relevant here. A man, making extreme demands of a female, confused and angry at why people find him offputting, and incapable of understanding that he needs to change his attitude and his actions.

Roses are red. Violets are blue. That guy's an idiot and nobody here (I bet my entire ballsack) disagrees.

Jul 6, 2020, 06:03
Re: Maxime Béland Leaves Ubisoft Jul 6, 2020, 06:03
Jul 6, 2020, 06:03

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 5, 2020, 23:12:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 5, 2020, 22:31:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 5, 2020, 09:35:
What part about "women at work are there for your amusement,'" whether you are married or single, don't you understand?

The part where I show up, do my job, collect my salary, and go home?
You don't understand the rule of getting your honey where you make your money.
Read your employee handbook, chapter one says you were hired to play grab-ass, make women feel uncomfortable when you're near and do actual work only if absolutely necessary.

It took me a while due to my charitable nature, but now I am certain: RedEye9 is a troll.

Jul 5, 2020, 20:07
Re: Maxime Béland Leaves Ubisoft Jul 5, 2020, 20:07
Jul 5, 2020, 20:07

Spektr wrote on Jul 5, 2020, 17:43:
Well dudes I disagree with you but I'd rather have this discussion about it that filtering news/info/ posts that I don't like. Well yes women can report false accusations. We've seen those videos of white women calling the police accusing a black man of threatening them while the guy was filming her. So, yeah women can lie. Does it mean that the accusations are fake? that the accusation are true? Who knows? I don't. There are people paid to figure it out. if they can prove it, we can hope justice will be served.

Totally agree. And so does Cutter and people who seem to be on "my side" of this. Exactly. To the letter.

If not the decision may well be between freeing guilty people and putting innocent people in jail. What is the best option? *snip*

Definitely not the latter, wouldn't you say? Wouldn't we all say?! I really hope that question was rhetorical, and that the Cutters and the Redeyes and the Beamers and the Quinns can all agree on 2 things: 1.) We like computer games and 2.) You are innocent until proven guilty.

If this isn't the case, then come at me. Let's talk. Because this is what it all comes down to. All the deliberate misinterpretations are out of the way. The straw men are burned to ashes.

Jul 5, 2020, 17:15
Re: Maxime Béland Leaves Ubisoft Jul 5, 2020, 17:15
Jul 5, 2020, 17:15

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 5, 2020, 16:05:
Quinn wrote on Jul 5, 2020, 11:49:
The fear people have is that there will be "collateral damage", that innocent men's heads will roll in this new woke trend which is maybe completely benevolent but definitely good PR.

Do you have citable sources with verifiable facts for these events actually occurring? Not anecdotes but actual data.

Because if you don't, you're fear mongering. Fear is irrational and acting out of that fear is just as irrational as you claim others are being.

As I said previously, I have worked in my career field for 40 years and at no time have I ever been accused of sexual harassment or professional misconduct nor, to the best of my knowledge, have I ever engaged in it. Also, at no point in that 40 years have I ever worried that I would be falsely accused. This is, to my memory, the third time that sexual harassment has become a spotlight in the corporate world since I began working. In the two other previous times, I heard much the same rhetoric that is spewed here. That it was a witch hunt, that men would be falsely accused, that lives and careers would be ended, et al ad nauseum. None of that ever happened.

It is, to my mind, simple to keep from running afoul of an allegation. I treat the women I work with the same courtesy and ethical professionalism that I would want for my wife were she still working. So far it hasn't failed me and it is unlikely to fail me until I retire.

I agree with everything you just said.

You ask me for proof of a claim I am not making. This is indeed fear for what "might be" and I think that is the position of everyone here on "my side" of the argument. And there shouldn't be anything wrong with that. You sound like being vigilant of what might become is bad. It just isn't. And in a civil environment this could be an interesting debate worth having.

You and I both know that if some person somewhere would tweet the name of Person X #metoo, that person will immediately live in hell. It's the imfamous cancel culture you must have heard about, that really is a thing. Personally, all I am doing is pushing back against the pitchforks and torches, abstaining completely from judging the accuser and the accused. That alone brings forth the Redeyes and the Beamers, spouting shit like "so you want a work environment where you can slap the secretary on the ass and use every woman as sex meat" (I am paraphrasing, but the straw man truly isn't any less ridiculous). No, nobody is saying that. We are saying "chill the fuck down, you know nothing, I know nothing, and if you don't chill down and this hysteria only grows, the power you give the accuser can become a corrupted thing depending on who wields it". Well, at least I am saying that.

Redeye, your turn. Tell me how I'd love to rape the first intern that gets hired.

Jul 5, 2020, 12:13
Re: Maxime Béland Leaves Ubisoft Jul 5, 2020, 12:13
Jul 5, 2020, 12:13

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 5, 2020, 11:56:
Cavemen slowly being dragged into the present where the workplace is no longer considered a meat market.

They will either adapt or die.

At this point it's become an IQ test that too many fail. And that's very sad.

^ Case in point, people. Case in point. Fucking hell... It's like I hacked Redeye's account to post the above, just to prove my own point.

Jul 5, 2020, 11:49
Re: Maxime Béland Leaves Ubisoft Jul 5, 2020, 11:49
Jul 5, 2020, 11:49

Fucking hell dudes, I am reading this thread and it's a clusterfuck of deliberately misinterpreting one another. There is room for harmony here if we stop with the straw men and severe lack of charity toward one another. I am deeply disappointed that Jdryer quoted that bullshit comment of Beamer, which is right about the weakest straw man I have seen with regards to this subject. It is a tribal thing to project upon the other person an enemy status.

Nobody here is defending monsters; nobody here thinks harressment is OK, at work or anywhere. The fear people have is that there will be "collateral damage", that innocent men's heads will roll in this new woke trend which is maybe completely benevolent but definitely good PR. The actual argument is that people like myself think that there are people like Beamer/Redeye/"the usual suspects" who find collateral damage OK -- a necessary evil if you will. That, however, flies in the face of due process; of innocent until proven guilty.
Maybe this fear is paranoia, and there isn't anything there. That's fine, convince us that is the case. Just don't try to convince us by making of us the rapist monsters you want us to be so you can be your self-entitled hero.

Re: Ubisoft CEO Promises Change
Jul 4, 2020, 04:26
Re: Ubisoft CEO Promises Change Jul 4, 2020, 04:26
Jul 4, 2020, 04:26

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 3, 2020, 19:23:
50% more. Think of all the women you could make unwanted advances on.

OK exact same implications and a product of the equality of outcome idea.

Oh Redeye9, if you wait until you know your advance is wanted... you'll stay the lonely single basement dweller forever.

Re: PC Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition Next Month
Jul 4, 2020, 03:05
Re: PC Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition Next Month Jul 4, 2020, 03:05
Jul 4, 2020, 03:05

Thanks for the replies on my ELEX comparison, Kxmode and others. Just for the record: I only compared the esthetics, nothing else (not the gameplay, story, etc.). =)

Jul 3, 2020, 19:01
Re: Ubisoft CEO Promises Change Jul 3, 2020, 19:01
Jul 3, 2020, 19:01

NKD wrote on Jul 3, 2020, 16:13:
Quinn wrote on Jul 3, 2020, 13:23:
NKD wrote on Jul 3, 2020, 00:05:
TriggleDiggle wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 23:42:
I've lost count of the times I've been told to reject a young student for a position simply because of their race and gender.

I don't know exactly what the context is here, but if you're in the US you need to report this immediately. It violates various civil rights laws to reject an applicant for a job based on race or gender. You could even be found personally liable if the person were to sue.

Uhm, have you missed the Ridiculously Stupid Memo of this Era? People confuse equality of opportunity with equality of outcome. They want the latter. In this way, rejection because of race and gender is inevitable. Report immediately? Don't be silly.

It's not silly. It's highly illegal to reject people based on their race or gender and if you have proof, they will get the hammer dropped on them. That guy said he was told to reject an applicant because of their race and gender, so I assume it was explicit enough that they didn't feel they could hire the person. In fact he said it had happened countless times, so it's a pattern of behavior at his employer. Not reporting it is irresponsible.

It's extremely irresponsible, I of course agree. But there are people who want equality of outcome instead of opportunity. I think even members on Bluesnews. If that comes into fruition, people will be rejected because of their race and/or gender. Wasn't this the case with Justin Trudeau where he wanted 50% of the politicians in his party to be female? I forgot the details and it's one Google search away...

Re: PC Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition Next Month
Jul 3, 2020, 18:41
Re: PC Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition Next Month Jul 3, 2020, 18:41
Jul 3, 2020, 18:41

I don't like the esthetics. This won't be a day one buy for me. It reminds me of ELEX -- the weird hybrid of future and past technology -- and my brain just thinks it's dumb

Not at all have I convinced myself that I won't like it, though, but I'll wait for the usual reviewers I trust (Worth a Buy, Skill Up, that's about it).

Jul 3, 2020, 13:23
Re: Ubisoft CEO Promises Change Jul 3, 2020, 13:23
Jul 3, 2020, 13:23

NKD wrote on Jul 3, 2020, 00:05:
TriggleDiggle wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 23:42:
I've lost count of the times I've been told to reject a young student for a position simply because of their race and gender.

I don't know exactly what the context is here, but if you're in the US you need to report this immediately. It violates various civil rights laws to reject an applicant for a job based on race or gender. You could even be found personally liable if the person were to sue.

Uhm, have you missed the Ridiculously Stupid Memo of this Era? People confuse equality of opportunity with equality of outcome. They want the latter. In this way, rejection because of race and gender is inevitable. Report immediately? Don't be silly.

Re: removed
Jul 3, 2020, 12:51
Re: removed Jul 3, 2020, 12:51
Jul 3, 2020, 12:51

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 3, 2020, 12:34:
Quinn wrote on Jul 3, 2020, 12:25:
Quinn wrote on Jul 3, 2020, 09:42:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 3, 2020, 10:10.

What? Lol? Dude! I guess Simon Says figured it out.
wrong
Forum Rules:

Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.

When quoting another user in a reply you may trim their text for brevity as long as it does not change the context. You may not edit quotes to make it appear someone said something they did not.
Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

O, the irony. I hope I am not alone in finding it incredibly funny that you of all people had to point that rule out xD

Re: removed
Jul 3, 2020, 12:25
Re: removed Jul 3, 2020, 12:25
Jul 3, 2020, 12:25

Quinn wrote on Jul 3, 2020, 09:42:
* REMOVED *

What? Lol? Dude! I guess Simon Says figured it out.

removed
Jul 3, 2020, 09:42
removed Jul 3, 2020, 09:42
Jul 3, 2020, 09:42

* REMOVED *

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 is DirectX 12 Only
Jul 2, 2020, 17:55
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 is DirectX 12 Only Jul 2, 2020, 17:55
Jul 2, 2020, 17:55

OpticNerve wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 16:19:
Quinn wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 11:25:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 11:14:
Quinn wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 02:52:
On the GTX 1070Ti DX12 works but feels unstable. My gut feeling always has me select DX11 over 12 based on past experiences.

No wall-running, DX12 only, no playable female protagonist... What other strange news will we get right before the finish line?
Wtf, is this about removing the female protagonist, got a link? Damn, if true it really pisses me off. I can't imagine CD Projekt Red would try to charge extra for a female protagonist but I would rather pay extra than not have the option.

Edit: NM, I see the rest of the thread on Female Protagonist.

Haha oops! That was a joke I planned to come back on about an hour after I initially posted it just to see some reactions, but I forgot xD Sorry folks, hehe

You're actually sort of right. I did read an interview with one of the devs last night since I wanted to verify your statement and they said that there wouldn't be a binary male or female character selection but that you're just "V" and can pick different body (and voice?) options.

Given that one of the major themes of Cyberpunk 2077 is being able to modify yourself in the future since you're not limited by what you're born with/as, this decision by the devs made sense to me. It's probably going to stir up a bit of controversy once the game is released.though.

Hehe that's pretty cool and well thought out by them. I did always like the different dialogue options depending on playing a male or female (shocker right, usual suspects? What a fucking misogynist I am, and fuck me I probably hate transgenders too!) but the decision and reasoning makes sense to me as well. I'll probably just play a dude (I know, the monster I am) with a small Italian penis.

Re: A Plague Tale: Innocence Sells Over a Million Copies
Jul 2, 2020, 13:31
Re: A Plague Tale: Innocence Sells Over a Million Copies Jul 2, 2020, 13:31
Jul 2, 2020, 13:31

Best game of the last 12 months for sure, not one doubt.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 is DirectX 12 Only
Jul 2, 2020, 11:25
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 is DirectX 12 Only Jul 2, 2020, 11:25
Jul 2, 2020, 11:25

Acleacius wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 11:14:
Quinn wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 02:52:
On the GTX 1070Ti DX12 works but feels unstable. My gut feeling always has me select DX11 over 12 based on past experiences.

No wall-running, DX12 only, no playable female protagonist... What other strange news will we get right before the finish line?
Wtf, is this about removing the female protagonist, got a link? Damn, if true it really pisses me off. I can't imagine CD Projekt Red would try to charge extra for a female protagonist but I would rather pay extra than not have the option.

Edit: NM, I see the rest of the thread on Female Protagonist.

Haha oops! That was a joke I planned to come back on about an hour after I initially posted it just to see some reactions, but I forgot xD Sorry folks, hehe

Re: Real-Time(!) Worms Rumble Announced; Beta This Month
Jul 2, 2020, 02:58
Re: Real-Time(!) Worms Rumble Announced; Beta This Month Jul 2, 2020, 02:58
Jul 2, 2020, 02:58

One would think everyone who loves Worms, does so for the turn-based element most of all. Very weird decision to make it real-time. Not excited, but I guess I'm not the target audience anymore. This is for the young kids, who are conditioned more than any generation before that all you need is pew-pew-pew and Battle Royale...
3188 Comments. 160 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    160  ] Older