Total Posts
3468 (Veteran)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

3468 Comments. 174 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    174  ] Older

Re: DOOM Eternal Earned $450M in Nine Months
Mar 2, 2021, 02:52
Re: DOOM Eternal Earned $450M in Nine Months Mar 2, 2021, 02:52
Mar 2, 2021, 02:52

Don't get your panties in a bunch, ladies. Opinions differ. When someone expresses their opinion -- like how they feel about a game -- it's kind of redudant to add the caveat that said opinion is an opinion and subjective. To quote metacritic sites and Steam reviews in an attempt to "prove" my opinion wrong is the stuff of infants.

No subject
Mar 1, 2021, 11:18
No subject Mar 1, 2021, 11:18
Mar 1, 2021, 11:18

I cannot recommend Vermintide 2 enough. I've put 174 hours into that game, and during most of those hours I was already a father with very limited time to play games.

The game is just incredibly satisfying. It's the only game I play today just because of the gameplay. There's no achievement/progression need in the back of my head. Just incredibly fun gameplay where every single match has it's moments of intense adrenaline pumping shit going down.

How to mod? Where do I start?
Mar 1, 2021, 07:43
How to mod? Where do I start? Mar 1, 2021, 07:43
Mar 1, 2021, 07:43

Hi guys,

Google absolutely terrifies me when I try to look for guides on how to start modding. There must be more accurate, meaningful "search results" by asking this community. How do I do it? Where do I start?

I don't have huge modding plans. I just hate the voices of the dwarves in Deep Rock Galactic and being an amateur VA myself, I'd like to give it a shot. I also want the AI in Breathedge to talk at a normal pace instead of 2.5x faster because myself and 90% of all other non-English speaking players don't understand a word he's saying.

So yeah, 2 fairly easy modifications but I have absolutely ZEROOOOO clues where to begin...

Re: Doom Eternal Earned $450M in Nine Months
Mar 1, 2021, 04:03
Re: Doom Eternal Earned $450M in Nine Months Mar 1, 2021, 04:03
Mar 1, 2021, 04:03

Flo wrote on Mar 1, 2021, 03:47:
Quinn wrote on Mar 1, 2021, 03:02:
VaranDragon wrote on Mar 1, 2021, 02:23:
mildew wrote on Mar 1, 2021, 00:14:
I loved the 2016 reboot, but Eternal sucks imo. Basic gameplay loop is 70% Painkiller, 30% platforming. I prefer Doom gameplay.

This.

Yup. This.

If these sales figures are true, it's another reason to grow bitter. Doom Eternal was the dumbest shit I've played in years. The rock-paper-scissors combat, incredibly ridiculous circus of a level design and non-existent story unless you read the fucking codex...

But apparently most people just want pew pew again. The Painkiller devs should capitalize on this asap.

Totally disagree. I loved DOOM 2016 and I worship ETERNAL. There are so few jump 'n run sequences that I can barely remember them and yet people complain about them.

Lol what? The entire maps are designed around ridiculous movement. The maps consist of arenas not unfamiliar to the circus acrobat's eye, and between arena A and B there's some dumb jump/climb/hang sequence that connects the two of them.

Re: Doom Eternal Earned $450M in Nine Months
Mar 1, 2021, 03:02
Re: Doom Eternal Earned $450M in Nine Months Mar 1, 2021, 03:02
Mar 1, 2021, 03:02

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 1, 2021, 02:23:
mildew wrote on Mar 1, 2021, 00:14:
I loved the 2016 reboot, but Eternal sucks imo. Basic gameplay loop is 70% Painkiller, 30% platforming. I prefer Doom gameplay.

This.

Yup. This.

If these sales figures are true, it's another reason to grow bitter. Doom Eternal was the dumbest shit I've played in years. The rock-paper-scissors combat, incredibly ridiculous circus of a level design and non-existent story unless you read the fucking codex...

But apparently most people just want pew pew again. The Painkiller devs should capitalize on this asap.

Re: Play Deep Rock Galactic and More Free This Weekend
Feb 28, 2021, 11:55
Re: Play Deep Rock Galactic and More Free This Weekend Feb 28, 2021, 11:55
Feb 28, 2021, 11:55

Great game with fucking abysmal voices for the dwarves themselves. Done by one VA. Just goddamn horrendous. A friend of mine got to the point he can no longer play the game, so fucking bad and annoying the voices are.

Re: Next Dragon Age Dropping Multiplayer: Report
Feb 26, 2021, 09:42
Re: Next Dragon Age Dropping Multiplayer: Report Feb 26, 2021, 09:42
Feb 26, 2021, 09:42

Rhett wrote on Feb 26, 2021, 09:05:
Mass Effect 3 was really fun. DA:I was.. interesting (MP) at times. Kinda niche. But they totally fucked over ME: Andromeda which had some fantastic potential with its fun gameplay. Just totally dropped the ball and went home on that one.

Probably for the best, unfortunately, that they avoid it. They lootbox the shit out of those games. I can't forgive them for ME:A though. I was so hyped, bought the deluxe edition, etc... They fucked me and many other people over.

But... to be harshly honest...
..the only one who really fucked you and all consumers over was yourself by buying into Deluxe Editions.

Re: Next Dragon Age Dropping Multiplayer: Report
Feb 26, 2021, 05:09
Re: Next Dragon Age Dropping Multiplayer: Report Feb 26, 2021, 05:09
Feb 26, 2021, 05:09

Good news like this, I thought I'd never see it again. Apparently I've grown that bitter lol.

But yeah to me this is very good news. It's promising when a company puts all their effort, money and passion into a focussed, SP experience. A friend of mine often drags me into playing multiplayer games with him, but in the end it's our banter I like the most. Nothing trumps a good SP experience for me personally. So if the rumors are correct, thank baby jesus for Fallen Order's success. I want publishers to realize a great SP game can trump a mediocre hybrid like Anthem and those dozen others. Strangely they needed Fallen Order for that reminder. God of War, Last of Us, Mass Effect... anyone? Just to name a few.

Re: Curse of the Dead Gods Graduates from Early Access
Feb 24, 2021, 06:10
Re: Curse of the Dead Gods Graduates from Early Access Feb 24, 2021, 06:10
Feb 24, 2021, 06:10

This game looks too good to be true. I never heard of this yet the trailer looks like a lovely blend of Diablo and Torchlight. What's the catch? Or rather, what am I missing?

Could someone shed some light on what this game (and Hades) makes different to Diablo (clones)? Dont the games have loot or something? Is this game rogue-like like Hades appears to be?

Either way, this game looks more like a Diablo clone than Hades. That is a good thing in my case, although everyone is walking away with Hades so I am somehow missing out on a gem, I guess. I just don't get what Hades really is when I look at vids.

Re: PC Getting Days Gone and More PlayStation Games
Feb 23, 2021, 19:21
Re: PC Getting Days Gone and More PlayStation Games Feb 23, 2021, 19:21
Feb 23, 2021, 19:21

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 23, 2021, 12:40:
Quinn wrote on Feb 23, 2021, 12:19:
As for your Last of Us wish.... Don't you think that will be one of those games that just won't translate well to the platform of the Master Race? I do. I think it will be a whole lot of "meh", while I also completely understand it's a hit on consoles and rightfully so.

Well, I literally have not played either LoU game, so I don't know, but were there some console-specific things that you think wouldn't translate well for some reason? I thought it was a combination of the great storyline/characters in addition to good gameplay, world design, etc. that made those games popular, not some controller or console specific element.

For me and people in my same circumstances (posess tons of PC games and great gaming PCs, no strong desire to buy consoles), I'd like to see The Last of Us series on PC so the interested few (or many) can finally play it.

Personally it looks like a great cinematic experience with very barebone game mechanics to connect cinematic cutscenes A with B. To me, that's fairly typical for a console game. It's also fine for consoles, what with the couch/social setting in the living room mostly and the limiting controller. I just can't imagine its reception will be even remotely as positive on PC as it is on consoles.

Feb 23, 2021, 19:15
Re: PC Getting Days Gone and More PlayStation Games Feb 23, 2021, 19:15
Feb 23, 2021, 19:15

Did anyone read those answers to those two interview questions? Wtf, I laughed on the inside.

Q1). So Sony is finally porting their games to PC. What gives?
A1). We always made cheap, shitty games. Now they are expensive and awesome so we want to share it with a broader audience.

Q2). How did the publishing of Zero Dawn for PC go?
A2). Our selfish, shitty users didn't tear down the house when we let PC gamers play a previously PS exclusive -- pfew! -- so we can continue this practice. We wouldn't have otherwise.

Feb 23, 2021, 12:19
Re: PC Getting Days Gone and More PlayStation Games Feb 23, 2021, 12:19
Feb 23, 2021, 12:19

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 23, 2021, 12:03:
The Last of Us, 1 and 2, immediately. IMMEDIATELY.

Even if I wanted to buy a PS5, they are nowhere to be found. I can buy a PS4, I guess, but that seems like a dead end. Plus, the damned controllers...

People who have Horizon Zero Dawn on PC, how are the mouse/keyboard controls?

The controls are very good. Zero issues or reminders during gameplay that this is a console port.

As for your Last of Us wish.... Don't you think that will be one of those games that just won't translate well to the platform of the Master Race? I do. I think it will be a whole lot of "meh", while I also completely understand it's a hit on consoles and rightfully so.

Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available
Feb 22, 2021, 03:21
Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 22, 2021, 03:21
Feb 22, 2021, 03:21

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 22, 2021, 02:50:
Satoru wrote on Feb 22, 2021, 02:09:
jacobvandy wrote on Feb 21, 2021, 20:14:
Way to miss the point on your way to flying off the handle again... It's like not wanting to buy the DVD when you know the Blu-ray is coming soon; it says nothing about the movie itself, just your choice of format. They still want the game.

No, its really like you not wanting to buy the Blu-ray because its at Target instead of Walmart.

The content is 100% identical. You just refuse to buy it because you don't want to go across the street to Target.

Its not even like a console exclusive which requires a several hundred dollar hardware wall to access content

All you literally have to do is

1) install Epic
2) install game
3) play game

Like that's it. Its literally zero difference to steam. You can even create a desktop shortcut if you're that invested in not seeing the epic client at all.

It's not zero difference if you value the added services one store offers along with the products they sell which the other store does not. Nevermind that I specifically avoided this comparison because my point had nothing to do with Steam vs. Epic, but hey, let's keep beating this pile of dust that used to be a dead horse! That is exactly how millions of people choose where to buy billions of identical products from every single day, and what was stated to be the reason why a particular person said they were waiting to buy Hitman 3. Whether or not YOU value those differences is irrelevant to their decision, and any other decision aside from your own. The fact that so many people seem to think that one opinion or the other on this matter is objectively "correct" is the reason why these same comments are posted and re-posted every time the subject comes up. It's boring.

It was a bad analogy plain and simple.the fact that there's a huge quality difference between Blu-ray and DVD and there's exactly no quality difference between the game on EGS or the game on Steam is exactly why I thought his "sub-standard" comment was so ridiculous. What? So your friends aren't on EGS, nor achievements and voice-chat (I had no idea anyone uses that tbh) and every game is suddenly sub-standard? Just gimme a break. That people have become so fucking anal about where they want to buy their games is ri-di-cu-lous period. And not just that. It's the boycotting of EGS that goes alongside it that really makes it so.

Give EGS a break. Their platform will improve. Steam was the same horrendous mess for a decade. Sure they were the first bla bla bla we get it, Steam4Life. I for one am very happy to see this attempt to end a monopoly. I have zero issues with EGS. 1.) Multi-player is cross-storefront, 2.) Achievements I miss but a little and will come to EGS eventually, 3.) Steam voice-chat? Wtf. I just use Discord all the time anyway.

Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available
Feb 21, 2021, 19:52
Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 21, 2021, 19:52
Feb 21, 2021, 19:52

Blockenstein wrote on Feb 21, 2021, 14:54:
Too little too late. At this point I've already decided to wait until the Steam release. It's where I own the previous two games already, and it's where all my friends are. As long as Epic refuses to add basic features to their storefront every game released there is a sub-standard product as far as I am concerned. I won't pay money to play an inferior product, so I'll just wait.

People put their heart and soul into the art of games but you consider all of them "sub-standard" as long as they aren't on your favorite digital bookshelf. So fucking ridiculous.

As for the news: great! Finally got them all bundled into one game. This is my third and last chance I'm giving this Hitman series. Maybe now that I can binge-play this seasonal/episodic game I am biased more in favor.

Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Adding Druids
Feb 18, 2021, 19:36
Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Adding Druids Feb 18, 2021, 19:36
Feb 18, 2021, 19:36

As an alternative to clicking on a character in the world, players will also be able to easily select and attack whoever they want from the UI.

That the above wasn't in there yet baffles me. It is new ammunition to my decision to stay far away from this game until it's released. I also don't really get it: when I look at vids, the game just looks like a Divinity OS 2 Expansion. Yet if that's even remotely the case, how come such a basic feature as referred to in the above quote -- that was included in DOS2 -- wasn't in BG3 EA yet? I guess that's good news, and the game isn't just a rehash of DOS2 assets and codes.

Re: EA Completes Codemasters Acquisition
Feb 18, 2021, 12:09
Re: EA Completes Codemasters Acquisition Feb 18, 2021, 12:09
Feb 18, 2021, 12:09

SEVERANCE: BLADE OF DARKNESS 2023 please!

Re: Anthem's Future on the Line: Report
Feb 17, 2021, 11:24
Re: Anthem's Future on the Line: Report Feb 17, 2021, 11:24
Feb 17, 2021, 11:24

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 16, 2021, 17:36:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 10, 2021, 14:11:
The gfx/combat/flying wasn't generic, far from it. What is more generic in feel to me is a game that sold a million last week. Not that it can't be good, but most of these indy survival games have that generic feeling. Like if the tool they bought to plugin doesn't do it, you won't get it.

Here's the weird thing.. I hate survival games but I like Valheim... I don't like Rust/Ark/DayZ/Insert every other one.

BUT... I'm loving valheim.. Not entirely sure why but it's weirdly fun.

as for the topic on hand...

I watched from afar of Anthem and thought "This game looks like it'll be shit" and it was... It'll be gone.

It's a combination of graphics (that are both ugly and pretty at the same time somehow) and simplicity/minimalism. If you really want to know why you like this game and hate the others, the best game to compare it with is Conan Exiles, I think. That game has beautiful graphics through and through but hits you with a gazillion crafting crap right off the bat. Oh, and it can't shut up about hunger and thirst and heat and cold and bleghhh.....

Re: Watch Dogs: Legion Online Technical Test Underway
Feb 14, 2021, 04:05
Re: Watch Dogs: Legion Online Technical Test Underway Feb 14, 2021, 04:05
Feb 14, 2021, 04:05

Avus wrote on Feb 13, 2021, 23:43:
Is this like GTA Online but from Ubisuck?

Sometimes I reinstall WD2 just for the invasions (MP). There is something revolutionary awesome about being in someone else's "single-player" game without them realizing it; observing them as they do things people do like jumping from one car to a better one or just punching a pedestrian for shits and giggles. And then -- with them not expecting a thing! -- initiating the hack. They go crazy as they get pulled into your hide & seek game. I hide in the coffee shop or walk on the opposite sidewalk like a dumb npc, or hide in the bushes. As I am getting closer to winning the sequence, so does the compass show the other player in smaller and smaller proximity where I am hiding. It's tense as hell and never gets old.

So yeah... If they manage to pull something like that off again for WD3, I might actually buy this woke clusterfuck of a game.

Re: System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition VR Support Details
Feb 13, 2021, 16:46
Re: System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition VR Support Details Feb 13, 2021, 16:46
Feb 13, 2021, 16:46

3 months ago I would've still hated this news.

Then I got myself an Oculus Rift S. I was blown away by the world of VR.

Then I refunded my Rift S for free 2 months later because it fucked with the stability of my system and got myself an Oculus Quest 2. I was blown away a second time, now being wireless. I set up an amazing network for perfect streaming, so my PC does all the hard work while streaming flawlessly to my wireless Oculus Quest 2. I consider myself quite the expert in it by now, so if anyone has/wants a Quest 2 but hasn't (managed to) set up his home network properly for it yet for flawless streaming, give me a shout. The online guides aren't complex but they do all seem to forget to mention some steps (probably because they all plagiate from eachother).

Re: BIOMUTANT Specs
Feb 13, 2021, 04:29
Re: BIOMUTANT Specs Feb 13, 2021, 04:29
Feb 13, 2021, 04:29

Saboth wrote on Feb 12, 2021, 20:02:
Never heard of this game until just now. Looks really cool and original.

About 2 years ago I first heard about it and saw some gameplay. Somehow I immediately fell in love. I still don't know why it's on my wishlist and why I can't wait to get it.
3468 Comments. 174 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    174  ] Older