Total Posts
3293 (Veteran)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

3293 Comments. 165 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    165  ] Older

Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos
Sep 22, 2020, 05:43
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 22, 2020, 05:43
Sep 22, 2020, 05:43

This thread maybe more than any other showcases how utterly deaf you guys are. There's no discussion when one side can't listen to what the other has to say. Beamer seems to believe PAX and E3 run a policy that literally excludes developers of color from the event, and NKD and Redeye are too busy fighting ghosts to make any sense whatsoever.

Sep 21, 2020, 11:40
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 21, 2020, 11:40
Sep 21, 2020, 11:40

Beamer wrote on Sep 21, 2020, 08:11:
Scatterblak wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 16:02:
I don't have any problem with them have an expo at all - seems like a win. I assume we can also have a 'White Game Developers' expo as well?

Have you been to PAX or E3?

Does PAX or E3 exclude developers of color from their event? No. So stop trolling. The racial exclusion is exactly the problem here. Maybe too hard to understand for some of you. Somehow.

Sep 21, 2020, 03:05
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 21, 2020, 03:05
Sep 21, 2020, 03:05

NKD wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 23:25:
ventry wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 21:14:
Slashman wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 21:01:
ventry wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 19:47:
So, according to some of the "usual's" here, if a Caucasian person makes a game and it fails to sell it's just a bad game.
If a POC makes a game and it fails to sell it's..... what? Racism?

I've bought hundreds of games over the years and I haven't got a clue what the skin color of the developers are.
Nor do I care.

No that's you projecting. It means exactly what it looks like (well to any rational thinking person). These are some games made by POC. Look though them and see if there are any you're interested in. If they are...wishlist or buy them...if there aren't move on.

For my part I had no idea that We are the Caretakers even existed before this expo and I'm very interested in a Afrofuturist slant on sci fi. So I wishlisted it. That's it...that's the end of the interaction required. If you think all the games are garbage...no one is holding a gun to your head and telling you to buy them. There were a bunch that I wasn't personally interested in.

So with this and the Universities who now have POC only spaces, am I to assume that "Jim Crow" is socially acceptable now?

*snip*
But according to Quinn, no one here is posting what you just posted, so I don't know what I'm replying to. A hallucination perhaps?

He doesn't want Jim Crow. Nor is he saying that POC should sit down, shut up and be grateful. No, you didn't reply to an hallucination, but it does look like you're hallucinating.

Sep 20, 2020, 16:34
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 20, 2020, 16:34
Sep 20, 2020, 16:34

NKD wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 15:18:
It strikes me as convenient that some of you seem to think that the only proper thing for minorities to do is to sit down, shut up, and be grateful for what they have. How is it our place to tell them what to do or what's best for their community?

Where do we say we want them to do that? You are projecting. You think we think that, and you are apparently too close-minded to understand that what you think isn't always in line with reality. Nowhere does anyone here on Blues suggest or say any of that. Notice that this approach to the debate stops the debate. It's straw manning on the highest level.

For literally every single one of you guys that are on the obvious opposite isle of myself, the world seems so fucking binary. "You are either with us or against us". I have issues with an expo that deliberately excludes white developers? You assume I believe minorities should stfu and that I want whites to dominate everything. You assume I celebrate the history of slavery. You assume I do not acknowledge there are racial disparities.

What is your fucking problem? I'm not just talking to you, NKD. Obviously.

PS: And in the meantime, the fact that this expo obviously has nothing to do with representing the under-represented and is therefore only remarkable for its exclusion of whites, is an observation that is ignored by the usual suspects like yourself. Talking about convenient. Fucking hell.

Sep 20, 2020, 11:53
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 20, 2020, 11:53
Sep 20, 2020, 11:53

Slashman wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 03:43:
Quinn wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 02:38:
To answer your rhetorical question: Because it's not about inclusion. It's about exclusion. And it's what I've been warning for for years now. Ever since the anti-white narrative became the accepted and misguided tool for fixing unequality and racism.

I'd have to ask what exactly is anti-white about this expo?

OK so I have to spell it out? I honestly wonder if you and the usual suspects simply pretend not to understand what I am saying.

OK, here we go: unlike others here claimed, this expo is not about under-represented ethnic groups, as is evident by the asians represented in this expo. Ergo it is not about inclusion of POCs, but about exclusion of whites. This organization deliberately made sure to exclude only whites. Only whites.

If you and anyone on your side thinks this is progress, then I don't know what to say to convince you otherwise.

Sep 20, 2020, 02:38
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 20, 2020, 02:38
Sep 20, 2020, 02:38

TriggleDiggle wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 00:38:
I've been visiting this site since the 90s and its sad to see that over the last few years a handful of regular posters have become politically radicalized to the point where they're acting like they're in some kind alt left religion.
Judging people based on their race and creating racially segregated events is racist. If you do that then you are racist.
Thankfully I can see by the majority of comments here that most people know that racism is wrong and is never justified.

My wife is a game developer and what the far left like to call a "POC" Privately she derides and mocks racial/gender exclusive events like these and finds them offensive and demeaning, But she also takes advantage of them because why not take everything you're being given.
And no I'm not going to be uploading her passport for Slashman to verify her POCness

NKD wrote on Sep 19, 2020, 18:56:
Leave it to this crowd to find something objectionable about an under-represented group in game dev getting some extra exposure.
You believe that Asian people are under represented in the tech and games industry? They are unbelievably disproportionately over represented.
Why would this expo about under representation be including the most over represented group? Interesting.

Refreshing post. Gives me hope it isn't just me, Mascular Beaver and a few others who notice the idiocy of the usual suspects.

As for your nice post, never expect a substantial reply from said suspects. You'll either be ignored or assaulted with insulting labels. There is no discussion to be had with the brainwashed.

To answer your rhetorical question: Because it's not about inclusion. It's about exclusion. And it's what I've been warning for for years now. Ever since the anti-white narrative became the accepted and misguided tool for "fixing" inequality and racism.

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2020, 03:20.

Re: Humble Announces $1M Publishing Fund for Black Developers
Sep 19, 2020, 18:11
Re: Humble Announces $1M Publishing Fund for Black Developers Sep 19, 2020, 18:11
Sep 19, 2020, 18:11

Listen to the latest Sam Harris podcast if you have the balls. Then stop spamming this thread, Redeye. You never understood my position and you probably never will, as is evident by the stuff you've been posting here post-mortem.

Sep 19, 2020, 17:55
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 19, 2020, 17:55
Sep 19, 2020, 17:55

Way to make the color of someone's skin about as interesting as the color of someone's hair.

We were steadily getting there. Were.

Re: Out of the Blue
Sep 18, 2020, 18:45
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2020, 18:45
Sep 18, 2020, 18:45

Haha fuck off xD Be honest and admit the entire thread from Blue's post forward sounded like a "Fuck yes it's flu shot time!"

Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Listing Spotted
Sep 18, 2020, 07:03
Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Listing Spotted Sep 18, 2020, 07:03
Sep 18, 2020, 07:03

Nullity wrote on Sep 17, 2020, 13:29:
Quinn wrote on Sep 17, 2020, 02:10:
chickenboo wrote on Sep 16, 2020, 19:05:
I need to hurry up and finish my ME1 playthrough so I can get to ME2. I never played it back in the day, and ME2 is the one everyone raves about.

Whatever you do, do yourself a favor and never finish ME3. I still almost feel the same level of disappointment now as I did back then with regards to ME3's ending. It actually did a number on me lol, I was that much of a fan. Whatever you achieve as Shepard, it'll all be for absolutely nothing...
Yeah, I never understood people's acceptance of the "fixed" ending. It's been long enough now that I don't remember the details, but I do remember that it was almost the same, barely anything changed. It was still just as disappointing, almost like they just tweaked it a little so they could say, "look, we listened and changed the ending, now stop hassling us", and apparently most people ate it up.

That said, I enjoyed the games enough that if they released a *remastered* trilogy (I know that's not what the article states), I'd play it again.

Yeah I can't even remember the fixed ending, or if I was even aware of it. The problem wasn't just the ending. From the moment the Catalyst was introduced by the whats-her-name blue chick (I literally erased ME from my mind because it hurted to much, like a goddamn ex-girlfriend or something lol) I realized they introduced a completely unnecessary deus ex machina. Turned out that bullshit deus ex machina was the product of heavy moderations to the story due to a story leak a handful of people were aware of in the first place. Totally unnecessary. Hurts to remember that shit.

Sep 18, 2020, 03:08
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2020, 03:08
Sep 18, 2020, 03:08

I am pro-vaccines, but fuck me do you guys sound like vaccine junkies.

Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Listing Spotted
Sep 17, 2020, 02:10
Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Listing Spotted Sep 17, 2020, 02:10
Sep 17, 2020, 02:10

chickenboo wrote on Sep 16, 2020, 19:05:
I need to hurry up and finish my ME1 playthrough so I can get to ME2. I never played it back in the day, and ME2 is the one everyone raves about.

Whatever you do, do yourself a favor and never finish ME3. I still almost feel the same level of disappointment now as I did back then with regards to ME3's ending. It actually did a number on me lol, I was that much of a fan. Whatever you achieve as Shepard, it'll all be for absolutely nothing...

Re: Into the Black
Sep 16, 2020, 06:34
Re: Into the Black Sep 16, 2020, 06:34
Sep 16, 2020, 06:34

What a fucking idiots. Let's also mark the moment where I agreed with Redeye 100%.

Re: Amnesia: Rebirth Next Month
Sep 16, 2020, 02:32
Re: Amnesia: Rebirth Next Month Sep 16, 2020, 02:32
Sep 16, 2020, 02:32

Cutter wrote on Sep 15, 2020, 23:38:
Yeah, I need to play SOMA too. Also try and see if I can get through Outlast. That game scared the piss outta me, lol!

OUTLAST, like Amnesia DD is one of the best horror games out there imo. OUTLAST 2 was very ambitious and I tried that game three times but always stopped about an hour or two in. I still can't put my finger on why that is. Maybe OUTLAST 2 is... too scary? Just not sure...

Sep 13, 2020, 11:47
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2020, 11:47
Sep 13, 2020, 11:47

Acleacius wrote on Sep 13, 2020, 10:05:
I would have preferred younger but the whole reason they went after Biden in Ukraine, was because he's the only one who can win. It's why none of the attacks work on him.
I'm pretty sure, being morbidly obese, fronto-temporal dementia, mini strokes makes him weaker and older (based on individual lifespan). His body and brain are more like 85, while Biden bikes, jogs and eats well, making him more like 68.

The intentional killing of 100s of thousands of Americans, sounds like Genocide. Technically we in the US would have helped stop this virus worldwide, so in a way all the deaths and suffering in the world on him for disbanding the Global Pandemic Response Team in 2017. Guess it's a good thing he didn't fire all the Vaccine Response Networks too?

Wonder what's going to happen in the debates when Biden ask him, if he has hired a single virologist or epidemiologist to help combat the pandemic and if he can name one. Mwahaha

Is it a fact those debates will even happen? Honest question from a foreigner. I think Biden's party is afraid of Biden opening his mouth without a teleprompter guiding him. Trump's undeserved bravado won't have trouble dealing with Biden. Mark my words that it'll be President Harris before the first 4 years have gone.

Sep 13, 2020, 08:46
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2020, 08:46
Sep 13, 2020, 08:46

Trump is a dangerous clown. Biden is a weak, old man. I don't understand how you guys managed to make the elections so hopeless, with 2 terrible runners.

In another dimension, it must be Trump vs Gabbard or Yang.

Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday
Sep 12, 2020, 07:20
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 12, 2020, 07:20
Sep 12, 2020, 07:20

Prez wrote on Sep 11, 2020, 19:06:
That is objectively not true: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_career_passer_rating_leaders

Maybe you're just not very good at tolerating Blacks speaking their mind?

Why do you jump to not wanting blacks to have a voice right off the bat? Of course I do.

That's the million dollar question those people should ask themselves. I literally think that's the only way things can get back to normal; back from this polarized society where one group assumes the absolute worst of the other, leaving any chance of conversation slim at best.

Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake Announced
Sep 11, 2020, 17:34
Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake Announced Sep 11, 2020, 17:34
Sep 11, 2020, 17:34

This trailer brings back great memories. Ah, nostalgia is sweet but mostly goddamn bitter. But since I'm an IPA fan myself, that's alright.

For 15 bucks, I'll buy this. Any cent above it will probably be a money grab scam.

Sep 11, 2020, 02:48
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 11, 2020, 02:48
Sep 11, 2020, 02:48

Beamer wrote on Sep 10, 2020, 23:37:
I'm seeing the usual suspects everywhere now mention "critical race theory."

Did some Twitter account or YouTube talking head do a show on it? All of a sudden the type of people that say "all lives matter" are all about citing " critical race theory."

One guy so far mentioned it. One. Stop trolling. It's like Beamer & Co. have made it their life's work to shut every conversation down where people disagree with them on certain subjects. Notice how these guys don't engage. They just taunt and insult and talk absolute shit about anyone who doesn't propagate and echo anything anti-white.

If only they stopped for a second and didn't assume the fucking worst of people, dialogue would be possible. But no. SMA basically says you can't insult or criticize a POC without being racist, and is nowhere to be seen once I ask him what I consider a critical question. If it wasn't, then change my mind.

Moderator Jdryer chimes in saying a comment that completely unjustified calls another member a racist was "devastating". Really, dude? Read RogueSix' reply? Do you regret joining in like that just a bit or have you gone off the deep end too?

Notice zero arguments from the other side. Just insults, directly and indirectly. So fucking sad.

Sep 10, 2020, 19:23
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 10, 2020, 19:23
Sep 10, 2020, 19:23

RogueSix wrote on Sep 10, 2020, 17:33:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 9, 2020, 15:57:
RogueSix wrote on Sep 9, 2020, 15:28:
Prez wrote on Sep 9, 2020, 06:12:
Football is still about athletes with amazing skill right? I don't mind if he kneels, sits, stands on his head, whatever during the National Anthem. He really just isn't that good at Football.

Yeah. His Superbowl performance was abysmally bad. He was a nervous wreck who made mistake after mistake and poor judgment after poor judgment due to being scared shitless. He is obviously mentally inept to perform at the elite competitive level inherent to the NFL playoffs and especially the Super Bowl. He may be OK in regular league games so he should probably sign with a tail end club that does not run the risk of ever getting very far in the playoffs.

It's too bad we don't have something like sports statistics to objectively measure athlete performance and instead have to just rely on Internet racists to make subjective assessments for us.

Where in the world did you see a "racist" remark in what I posted? I do not care about Kaepernick's skin color, political opinion or private life one little bit. As a 49ers supporter I only care about his performance as a player which I subjectively thought was really bad especially when under pressure which is what the "mentally inept" part was about as should be obvious to any unbiased person reading my post in context... your problem is obviously the being "unbiased" part as you just interpreted it the way you wanted and not the way I presented it in the context of Kaepernick being a nervous wreck on the field when under pressure in a high profile match like the playoffs or the SB. Nervous-wreck-wise, Kaepernick was almost as bad as Garoppolo this year.
There is literally zero content in my post that would even hint at anything else but me commenting on his subpar performance as a sportsman. Honestly, it's crazy how holier than thou people like yourself jump on others for presumed racism based on absolutely nothing at all. Nothing. Yet you probably think of yourself as being a superhero of virtue and tolerance. Your attack calling me racist was absolutely unjustified.

Okay, that was... devastating.
3293 Comments. 165 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    165  ] Older