Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2823 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Nightmare Reaper Early Access
3. Re: Nightmare Reaper Early Access Jul 17, 2019, 10:26 Quinn

Darks wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 10:19:
is it 1990 again? Why all these old looking shit games?

Exactly this.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store
29. Re: Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store Jul 15, 2019, 11:18 Quinn

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 18:06:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 17:12:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 17:05:
Drayth wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 16:55:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 16:35:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 12:34:

/begin obvious joke

This is bullshit, I paid full price for this game 10 years ago, and now it is free to play. UGGGGG!! DAMN YOU EPIC STORE!!

/end obvious joke
That's not what people complain about, but you do you if that tickles your fancy boat.

i loled
metoo
Riahderymnmaddog is the prince of hyperbole and biting satire so much so that the Poe's Law wiki actually references him.
But it's still funny when he trips up a forum regular.
whoosh

It's a strawman moreso than a joke, smart ass. That's why Kxmode reacted the way he did.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 8, 2019, 17:13 Quinn

Angrius Maximis wrote on Jul 8, 2019, 16:10:
Rust....WHY

Monster Hunter World....WHY

That game has been 30 euros for MONTHS now. It goes to show that consumers just start throwing their money at their screen the moment some sale event kicks off.

We deserve this vampiric form of capitalism. xD

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Sea of Solitude Reviews
3. Re: Sea of Solitude Reviews Jul 6, 2019, 12:10 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 5, 2019, 22:59:
It plays in Berlin.. so as a German living in Berlin I obviously had to....

It's an OK game. I would call it a psychological MAJOR walking simulator with MINOR platforming.

Point is: It's a walking simulator. You are not swimming around a ton at all, most of the time is walking on the roofs, and that's where platforming comes in. Monsters can't really impede you, they set you back, but no game-over possible anywhere. (hence walking simulator)

Is it fun? Ehm... no. I actually truly and utterly hate the gameplay they done here. It's the old problem of implementing a mechanic (think Talos Principle) and then going all 600 yards all in with it until it becomes mind-numbing stupidly boring. And also, the game is BARELY 3 hours long.

I played Unavowed instead, an amazing oldschool point and click, and was more enthralled by that than by this flashy showing. But YMMV

WAY more info from the above than RPS'. That girl is all feely feely with zero substance you'd expect in a review. An utter disgrace to gaming journalism.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint?
5. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? Jul 4, 2019, 17:19 Quinn

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jul 4, 2019, 15:48:
These useless has beens forgot us and used us and now they want to come crawling back AND THEY THINK WE WILL ROLL OVER.!!?!!. Nooooo thank you.

I'll roll over, sorry.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jul 3, 2019, 16:39 Quinn

And THIS is how Rock Paper Shotgun could have handled the racism part in their cringy review.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Remedy Regains Control Over Alan Wake
23. Re: Remedy Regains Control Over Alan Wake Jul 3, 2019, 11:15 Quinn

Sepharo wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 22:16:
Slashman wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 19:39:
You would never know it was Max Payne without the same guy doing the voice over.
As noted above...Alan Wake had way more Max Payne feel than Max Payne 3 did.

Y'all are delusional.
Apparently Max Payne "feel" isn't noir, existentialism, hard-boiled stories, narration, bullet-time, or even Max Payne himself...
No it's the in-game TV screens with reoccurring Remedy jokes, and if it doesn't have that it isn't even recognizable as Max Payne.

MP3 ticks almost all MP1+2 boxes on paper. But so does Serious Sam regarding Doom. Switch Sam with the Doom Slayer or the other way around and see how that turns out...

I think if really pressed, Rockstar would simply admit they used the name for a slingshot success.

And of course it would be boring if "it's alright" was Max' state of mind in MP3. That's a strawman if ever I saw one. But at least respect Remedy enough to have Max be alright, and then let shit fuck up again. Max Payne fans had closure with MP2 because of its ending, which is something rare and beautiful indeed. It was discarded like trash.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Remedy Regains Control Over Alan Wake
19. Re: Remedy Regains Control Over Alan Wake Jul 2, 2019, 15:21 Quinn

Slashman wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 13:23:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 11:50:
Slashman wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 09:49:
Max Payne 3 was not a better game overall than 1 and 2. It had none of the interesting noir feeling or any of the weird existential nods that the first 2 were built on.

Yeah it did.

Uh where?

Captain Baseball bat boy? Lords and Ladies? Dick Justice? Address Unknown?

Not to mention that it completely ignored the ending of Max Payne 2. "I had a dream of my wife. She was dead. But it was alright."

In what way was any of that reflected in Max Payne 3?

I completely agree. "Noir" has kind of a broad meaning though. To a point it starts to mean really little. I won't pretend that I don't know which noir you're talking about, though. Alan Wake "felt" more like Max Payne 1 and 2 than Max Payne 3 ever did. That said, MP3 is a great game but it could've been titled Swept Up in Brazil just as well.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Beyond: Two Souls Demo
2. Re: Beyond: Two Souls Demo Jun 28, 2019, 21:08 Quinn

Slick wrote on Jun 28, 2019, 19:42:
So I loved Heavy Rain, but I never played this one, should I get it? Anyone actually play it?

Also, this release cadence makes me think that Detroit's release has to be right around the corner. Most hyped for that.

Definitely get it. Played it on PS3. You travel to many different places, get to make a lot of decisions, there's action, intrigue, quiet moments, etc. Pretty epic!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Sinking City Rises
23. Re: The Sinking City Rises Jun 28, 2019, 15:29 Quinn

You do see that we have racist marches in the streets these days, once again, right?

Hardly, but yeah they're there. Both white and black racist marches. Bunch of racist idiots, all of them.

That people have gone to Black churches to shoot them simply because they're black, right?

Absolutely terrible. Just one guy, though. Not that it makes it less terrible, but in and of itself it's a weak argument for "there's a racist problem in america which is so bad we should be the lecturing racist police to every single person, everywhere, especially those consuming entertainment".

That white dudes in Tiki torches are marching down streets shouting racist things in order to protect Confederate monuments built during the Jim Crow era specifically to remind Black people where their places are (and that doing anything to these statues is widely decried, even by our President, as "erasing history.")

A few hundred idiots. Again, doesn't warrant the hysteria that's bled into everywhere like RPS.

That Steve King is still in office, to say nothing of so many others that you'd probably say "aren't racist, just realists."

A dumb idiot that gives the conservatives a worse name than they already have. Let's not get started about those masterful, disgusting liars that are most of the politicians from both sides. Next.

That simply making a video game or movie with a non-white or non-male lead is now called "political" and results in review bombing.

Annnd here's where I'm losing you. It would be more intellectually honest of you if you try to steel-man the position of people who've a problem with some of these cases, unless you disagree so much with any of those cases that you'd have zero issues with Netflix' upcoming Witcher show having Geralt played by a black actor because #woke-and-anyone-who-complaints-is-a-racist.

I hate racists. I hate anti-gay or anti-transgender people. I hate anyone who stands in the way of someone else's happiness. Stop trying to portray me as a racist denier or what-the-fuck-ever. I'm starting to sound like a broken record again -- because 90% of my points are ignored and things I haven't said are being held against me instead -- but if I'm reading a review for a game and 50% of that review is spend telling me that racism is bad and the devs are probably KKK sympathizers because the KKK ingame "aren't racist enough", then they can go fuck themselves. It pisses me off so bad because it's doing the opposite of what it's trying to accomplish. Because of the crying wolf "RACIST!" shit everywhere you fucking look, the actual racists will be able to move freely in the crowd like Altair's wettest dream.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

21. Re: The Sinking City Rises Jun 28, 2019, 06:17 Quinn

Sepharo wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 18:53:
And you're positive that it's not you that's overblowing it?

Edit: well I read the RPS article now..
you're definitely overblowing it

Also, the earlier comment said the RPS review made him not want to play it for gameplay reasons (so the RPS reivew was useful to him) he specifically avoided the "social protest" stuff... that was you who brought that in.

With whom are you arguing about what, now?

You're the one that brought this up by the way... and you're talking about some RPS article I haven't seen and isn't linked here.
- You, basically telling me I just started talking about RPS out of nowhere.

In comment #2 RPS' political view was mentioned.
- Myself, showing you I wasn't talking about RPS out of nowhere.

I was kinda looking forward to this but the review on Rock Paper Shotgun made me delete it off my wishlist completely. And not for the social protest reasons, just for the gameplay.
- Comment #2

Now that we have that useless quibble out of the way, let's talk about the overblowing part.

I'm overblowing it, you say. There's a goddamn GAME REVIEW that talks the entire second half of its review about how racist H.P. Lovecraft was and how the KKK is in it. There's even some nasty insinuations in there, subtly, that maybe the devs are pro-KKK. After all, the KKK isn't racist enough in the game, so the devs are guilty of whitewashing the KKK. You can't make this shit up. But hey, I'm overblowing it...

If it was just this review from RPS, I wouldn't have bothered reading it let alone mention it. But these are the same idiots that think Cyberpunk is racist garbage and the Cyberpunk creator is racist. Why? Because in the last E3 demo, most enemies were black and the only good guy -- beside the protagonist -- was white. Let's forget that in last year's demo, most enemies were white and the backstabbing traitor was white. After all, that doesn't fit their political narrative.

Fuck RPS.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

19. Re: The Sinking City Rises Jun 27, 2019, 17:58 Quinn

Sepharo wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 17:01:
Quinn wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 16:45:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 12:24:
Quinn wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 11:48:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 11:42:
Quinn wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 17:20:
I can't take RPS seriously anymore. YIKES
Another nonsensical post from our resident racism denier.

Where am I denying racism?

Do you really think the KKK is depleted?
2 members per state?

Give or take?

Look, it doesn't matter. Show me the numbers that warrant this anti-racist lecture for all of us. Convince me that this is necessary. I'm always open.

Convince you that racists exist in significant numbers and are bad?
I'm not sure how I can help you with that.

You're the one that brought this up by the way... and you're talking about some RPS article I haven't seen and isn't linked here.
But this is kind of like your thing right? You spend a lot of time thinking and writing about how overblown this all is.

You're turning this into a chicken or egg thing. Am I the bad guy for acknowledging how overblown it is, or are the people overblowing it the bad guys?

In comment #2 RPS' political view was mentioned. I then read it and responded to it here. Nowhere, anywhere do I deny the existence of racism (from any race).

My position is indeed that it's overblown. Again, convince me otherwise. The source from ABC News is the SPLC. I started to care less than little about their judgdmdng the moment they marked Maajid Nawaz and Ayaan Hirsi Ali as "anti-muslim extremists", endangering their lives greatly in the process.

This is a problem. This is the shit why Trump won. Stop lecturing. Stop lying. Stop blowing shit out of proportions for own political agenda. Maybe then -- and only then! -- there's a chance another Trump fiasco will be averted.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

16. Re: The Sinking City Rises Jun 27, 2019, 16:45 Quinn

Sepharo wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 12:24:
Quinn wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 11:48:

Do you really think the KKK is depleted?
2 members per state?

Give or take?

Look, it doesn't matter. Show me the numbers that warrant this anti-racist lecture for all of us. Convince me that this is necessary. I'm always open.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

12. Re: The Sinking City Rises Jun 27, 2019, 11:48 Quinn

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

10. Re: The Sinking City Rises Jun 27, 2019, 11:26 Quinn

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 00:00:
They are the kind of extreme left idiots that secretly really want the KKK to still be a thing

I don't understand this. Left and KKK?

You only had to continue reading that same sentence, and you would've understood where I was going with that.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2019, 11:47.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

3. Re: The Sinking City Rises Jun 26, 2019, 17:20 Quinn

GinRummy wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 15:58:
I was kinda looking forward to this but the review on Rock Paper Shotgun made me delete it off my wishlist completely. And not for the social protest reasons, just for the gameplay.

I can't take RPS seriously anymore. Definitely not after that Cyberpunk fiasco of theirs. They are the kind of extreme left idiots that secretly really want the KKK to still be a thing -- I've mentioned this before and they went out of their way to "remind" us the KKK still exists today in this review -- so they have a villain in their boring life, so they can be the hero proclaiming: racism = bad! I = good!

We know racism is bad. We know KKK is bad. Go lecture the racists. Go lecture all 3 KKK members left per state. There's a napkin on fire on the dinner table and instead of pouring a glass of water over it, they kick down the door and drown the house with a firehose. Let those frothing idiots continue and they'll sink the city.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Free on Epic Games Store
6. Re: Rebel Galaxy Free on Epic Games Store Jun 21, 2019, 08:03 Quinn

And my Epic Store library is growing and starting to feel like a collection. Mission accomplished, Epic.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Dawns
3. Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Dawns Jun 18, 2019, 16:00 Quinn

Man this looks fucking ridiculous. To each their own though. Good that you guys have fun.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Showcase
4. Re: DOOM Eternal Showcase Jun 12, 2019, 08:44 Quinn

Extremely disappointed with the map design aspects that don't make any fucking sense contextually. What are those spinning flames? Why do I need to shoot red targets to activate an axe trap or open gates? I loved DOOM 2016 for its believable map design, among other things. This gives me a 1st-person-Mario-Brothers-in-hell vibe.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Wolfenstein: Youngblood Trailer
17. Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood Trailer Jun 12, 2019, 04:52 Quinn

Sepharo wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 03:51:
Quinn wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 02:01:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 20:27:
Quinn wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 13:27:
Do know that I consider when a black person saying shit about whites that would be racist if it was the other way around, racist.

Last time we had a conversation along these lines I characterized this as your position and you corrected me and said that it wasn't... now it is again?

"Change "white" to "black" and understand where I'm coming from. We do not want to go there. It is counter-productive. It's a clear case where "fighting fire with fire" is a bad idea. It's inciting a fucking race war, by making it about race.

The moment you use my skin color as something that is bad, I have a problem with you. That's not white tears. That's a reasonable person saying fuck you to people with racist ideas."
- Myself in that discussion you're referring to. I always thought that's a problem and I never claimed otherwise.

Oh I know those quotes, I made a big ol' list of them, remember? It was after that that you said you weren't relying on the "swap" strategy (even though I knew you were based on your own words).

There was more to my point than just the swap strategy. But the swap strategy in and of itself is a problem just as well and I never claimed otherwise.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2823 Comments. 142 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo