Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2197 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 PC Demo This Month
10. Re: Resident Evil 7 PC Demo This Month Dec 5, 2016, 02:14 Quinn

This game is built for the VR glasses. It will be mediocre in every other way but for VR it will probably be a good first step.
Think about the first 3D movies, where the story and everything else didn't matter as long as the 3D effects were good.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced
24. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced Dec 4, 2016, 18:06 Quinn

Prez wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 15:42:
If I remember correctly the Blues crowd was largely negative on this game. I actually thought it was fun as hell though.

Me too. I somehow never forget the map with the dam. Especially the end of that map. Fucking impressive! In fact, many maps were memorable.

Btw, it's time to take a reality pill stop praising HL(2) forever and ever and ever? Yes, the games were great for their time but I think the endless praising is a mental plague. Same with Star Wars and the Darth Vader timeline. Is it really that awesome? Is Darth Vader really that awesome? Awesome enough for the milking that's been going on for decades now? I think it's not and I think that needs to be said more. And who can honestly really look forward to a HL3? That gravity gun and mysterious aliens aren't going to impress you any longer. And I honestly believe that many who stop and think for a moment, realize that their praising of these titles is just a programmed loop in their mind. I've caught myself praising shit I give fuck-all about, too. Evolution, tribalism, etc. etc...

/rant

Ps: not sure where that came from but it had to get out xP

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steep Released
13. Re: Steep Released Dec 3, 2016, 21:13 Quinn

If this was a Just Cause add-on, it would be phenomenal.
But it's not.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Dwarves Released
5. Re: The Dwarves Released Dec 2, 2016, 02:15 Quinn

This looks amazingly good!?  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Released
23. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Released Nov 30, 2016, 18:25 Quinn

When I bought the game during my standard moment of zombie-autopilot (of course I'm talking about Sunday around 10AM) I cursed myself for throwing money away on gambles. Luckily, this one is a pleasant surprise!

I was cool with playing the black guy but highly disappointed with his thuggish way of talking and the tribal "glad to see anotha brodda" shit that's going on between him and the other guy with similar skin color.

The story is... Silly so far (2,5 hours in or something). In this context, killing people should just let a chip in your neck explode or whatever -- it just doesn't make sense to go on a rampage. Why not? The game starts with Marcus saying "I am gonna hack into Blume's network and wipe my profile. I'm sick of being flagged a danger to society!" Wellll guess the system was right all along! Wish Snowden would've shut the hell up....

All bitching aside, I'm having great fun! The gadgets are great in this game and I normally ignore gadgets xP Just great gameplay. Good buy for 45 bucks!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
27. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Nov 29, 2016, 18:33 Quinn

Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 17:48:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 15:09:
Ugh.. Anyone else finding that as you get old you have no time to actually play and finish the games that come out? Currently my game queue list just keeps growing.

Yeah, I do tend to take more time to finish games. The days when I'd get a new game and have it finished the next day are long since past. I still haven't finished Dishonored 2. My solution: just buy fewer games

The only reason I haven't finished Dishonored 2 is because of the garbage performance, relatively. I haven't tried after the 4gb patch of last week but that's because ppl here said they didn't notice anything.

This game runs very well! I still absolutely curse the fact I went to 144hz because 60fps is now stuttery to me and an actual no go, but turning on the AA option that forces MSAA 2X (cant remember the term atm) DRASTICALLY increased my fps. And yes, it actually warranted the capital letters.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow
15. Re: The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow Nov 23, 2016, 13:28 Quinn

Darks wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 13:06:
Quinn wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 10:56:
I think the decision was beyond stupid to have the entire campaign section be forced PVE. I missed the possibility of randomly running into another player while doing quests and see if they'd go hostile or not.

PvE was boring as fuck and that's coming from a PvE kinda gamer. This game is a failure by design.

Your comment is about as lame as they come. Especially from someone who just claimed hes all about PVE. Why in the world would you want the main campaign to be PVP? And have more asshats running around and cheating and ruining the SP experience for others like they have already done to the DZ?

If the DZ taught us anything its that PVP especially in this game is a disaster and you want to invite more that bullshit?

Seriously dude, get a grip on reality.
Did you even bother to think about what you said before you even wrote it?

You're reading my comment "wrong". I meant that PVE was so terribly boring that the only quick-win/quick-fix would be adding the PVP part to it.

If a PVE campaign is really good, I agree.. I'd hate to be annoyed by assholes.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow
12. Re: The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow Nov 22, 2016, 10:56 Quinn

I think the decision was beyond stupid to have the entire campaign section be forced PVE. I missed the possibility of randomly running into another player while doing quests and see if they'd go hostile or not.

PvE was boring as fuck and that's coming from a PvE kinda gamer. This game is a failure by design.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Game+ Mode Coming
4. Re: Dishonored 2 Game+ Mode Coming Nov 18, 2016, 23:12 Quinn

The game has some horrid performance moments at the most laughable scenes. Outside it can run great, and then I walk into an empty and small room and the game has a stroke.

I hated the Rage graphics and Dishonored 1 graphics so I gotta give it to them that they tweaked their abomidable engine nicely this time -- the game is pretty. 30fps in a small empty room pretty? Fuck that.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Overwatch Sombra Launch
11. Re: Overwatch Sombra Launch Nov 16, 2016, 12:14 Quinn

Can't play Sombra for shit yet She's really not for engaging enemies. It's all just hacking and skulking. Interesting maybe once I get the hang of it...  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Patch Plans
28. Re: Dishonored 2 Patch Plans Nov 14, 2016, 17:58 Quinn

Worked my absolute bloody asshole off not to kill a single fucking soul. Played the first real open map (docks) for 3 and a half hours. Got on the train. Mission stats: Civilians killed: 1.

I retraced every single fucking step and I have no single clue how this is possible. I can only think of one thing: an already dead civilian wasn't registered dead? Bug? I've been blasting some blood fly nests with corpses surrounding it? This is all I can think of.

Either way this made me Alt-F4 in a rage. It's pathetic but it's the kind of shit that can ruin it for me.

At least give players a warning if AI runs itself off a cliff or something!? And hell that death shouldn't even be on me...

..fuck me I didn't even lay any traps! Fuck this game. It's actually way better than Dishonored 1 but fuck this game... /rage

PS: It's actually really really good.

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2016, 18:52.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Patch Plans
9. Re: Dishonored 2 Patch Plans Nov 11, 2016, 19:25 Quinn

Creston wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 19:01:
Overon wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 17:24:
How bad is the release state?

It runs fine for me on a GTX970 / i5-2500 with 8GB of RAM. Mostly high settings, some medium. I turned on almost all of the bells and whistles except Depth of Field.

There is the occasional area where it chugs badly, but mostly it just plays smooth. I'd guess 40-50 FPSish.

Hmm 980 here... I'd give this game the finger on 40-50 fps.

Shiiit I'm so unsure about whether to buy this game or not...!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Nov 11, 2016, 16:37 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 07:46:
There was no ad hom, you made a really poorly thought out comment and it was deconstructed by myself and another poster. You falsely assumed that the game was just 25 hours and that it had no replay value. You also seemed to correlate quantity with quality which couldn't be further from the truth. People aren't going to coddle your shitty posting, if you want to be treated better then post better, no one owes you anything.

'Guys this game seems short based on a review, can anyone comment on the length and replay value?'

Hahaha <-- Seriously, I laughed out loud, Redmask. Were you actually writing what you think I should have written, at that last part? Let me have the bravado right now to speak for the majority of people who read that: it's hilarious. For mirth's sake, I truly hope more people laughed.

Yes, I "wrongly assumed" and took Cutter's words on face value. Who the fuck cares? That's how conversation works, especially in online communities. I made an assumption, and somebody else elaborated on the replayability part, convincing me that hell.. maybe 25 hours for the first playthrough isn't that big a deal! XD

Go try to feel important by having a last word, maybe? If not, have a good one.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend
21. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend Nov 11, 2016, 11:20 Quinn

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 14:36:
Quinn wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 12:07:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 10:46:
It would have been nice having the game on sale too. I guess it sells well enough they don't have to worry about sales and stuff.
Normally on Steam if there is a free weekend for a certain game it is also on sale.
Oh well

The game is too good to go on sale. Not kidding. Haven't had this much consecutive fun in years. At first I hated the addiction because I played it solo. Now I have a steady supply of online buddies I can team with which makes this game 10 times more fun and less frustrating <3

Your singing my tune buddy.

Mordecai#1331

Add me if you wanna team up sometime!

Reading this now. Will do!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

5. Re: Game Reviews Nov 11, 2016, 06:34 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 19:00:
That is incredibly short sighted and the sort of attitude that has led to the industry padding the shit out of its games in the name of playtime.

As long as they can allow me to develop my character and the story to a point where I feel I was really entertained then I don't give a fuck if its 25 hours long or not. Some of us have jobs, kids and wives to worry about. If you want to grind out 200 hours of repetitive shit there's always some dippy JRPG or Skyrim Radiant AI quests to burn through. Have fun.

Is that a thing I missed? Is it a thing to make games long these days? What are you talking about?

Your ad-hominems -- basically in all your posts -- are telling, Redmask, and for the sake of conversation it's inefficient to always stoop so low. "Some of us have jobs" and then you rant in great exaggeration about 200 hours bla bla bla. You see, there's a difference between 25 hours and 200 hours. There's a difference between 25 hours and 40 hours. Been playing games since I was 5 years old and by now I know that I never feel like I've had my money's worth unless a game entertains me for a minimum of 40 hours. So when I say I think 25 hours is short and especially so for a CRPG, try and hold that tone; try not to tilt. Thanks.

PS: I have a job where I'm basically always on the job. I get interrupted during movies, games, dinner and if I wouldn't mute my phone during sex I'd be a Hollywood cliche. I still think 25 hours is short.

jimnms wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 19:12:
It's designed to be a shorter experience, more reactive experience and to be played multiple times. I've read 25-30 hours if you rush through, most people will see 50+ hours. It's not the type of RPG that you can see and do everything in one play through. Certain paths will be cut off right at the start based on your decisions. So one play through could be 25-30 hours, but if you want to experience the whole game, you'll need 3 or more play throughs. I'm actually looking forward to starting this up.

This changes things for me. So this game is built around replayability, basically. Thanks for the info.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2016, 06:39.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 10, 2016, 17:20 Quinn

Oh my god..?! Seriously a CRPG should not only take 25 hours to complete. This is actually shocking to me. Unbelievable, I mean. These types of games should take so fucking long to finish, that 78% of the players never do despite their love for it! Divinity Original Sin is a good example in my case..!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend
5. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend Nov 10, 2016, 12:07 Quinn

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 10:46:
It would have been nice having the game on sale too. I guess it sells well enough they don't have to worry about sales and stuff.
Normally on Steam if there is a free weekend for a certain game it is also on sale.
Oh well

The game is too good to go on sale. Not kidding. Haven't had this much consecutive fun in years. At first I hated the addiction because I played it solo. Now I have a steady supply of online buddies I can team with which makes this game 10 times more fun and less frustrating <3

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer
17. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 10, 2016, 11:46 Quinn

MoonSpook wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 03:47:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 17:20:
Quinn wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 15:32:
I used that beating heart to analyze every opponent's true heart. Evil guys (like "He will end 2 more lives before going to bed tonight") I killed. Others (like "He works two shifts only so he can feed his family") I knocked out or ignored.

What? Never heard of that heart thing! In the first game, if you killed a lot, the entire game would change. Things would look darker, and there'd be more rats, dead people and destruction. I wonder if you only killed bad people, did it still make the world darker? Even brighter than if you killed no one?

Good news - they actually are making it work like that in Dishonored 2 - if you kill the bad folk, it generates less chaos than if you kill the good folk, according to what the heart determines about them.

This is maybe the last push I needed to buy the game. Thanks!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer
6. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 15:32 Quinn

Tried to replay Dishonored 1 because I wanna get excited about Dishonored 2. I used that beating heart to analyze every opponent's true heart. Evil guys (like "He will end 2 more lives before going to bed tonight") I killed. Others (like "He works two shifts only so he can feed his family") I knocked out or ignored. Playing 100% non-lethal was boring as hell!!!

I hope D2 will have more cool non-lethal abilities.

Either way, I really had to put effort into liking D1. Not sure if my interests are changing or that the game simply was unimpressive. Reading many people say they got bored halfway through kinda answers that question.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer
18. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 4, 2016, 12:18 Quinn

Slashman wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 11:57:
The entire ending sequence was extremely disappointing.

Instead of a major final space battle where all the races you forged alliances with come together to defeat the Reapers we got that crap.

It was just so friggin' stupid. The game was essentially perfect up until that point. I felt like they really nailed the gameplay and loot/armor system for 3. But then they pulled that ending shite.

Exactly! The ending should've been a dead giveaway: the alliances your forged came together to fuck the Reapers up. After all, the big difference the Reapers had to face in this galactic purge... was COMMANDER SHEPARD and his ability to bring all the races together!

Ugh, do you know that I'm actually getting pissed off again just thinking about the clusterfuck ending of that perfect game trilogy? *sigh*

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2197 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo