Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2462 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition Revealed
3. Re: Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition Revealed Nov 21, 2017, 10:38 Quinn

Always been a great fan of NWN but never played Hordes of the Underdark. As the Drizzt novels fan that I am today, I can't wait to give that expansion a shot! Doesn't that expansion bring you to Menzoberranzan?  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled
38. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 04:04 Quinn

Slick wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 20:26:
It is a grinding system. And for those of us who actually bought packs, you barely get shit from them, so that part feels like gambling... sorta. But really it's just a trap for weak-minded people who don't want to grind, and who are looking for shortcuts.

The hilarious thing is they think that a few star cards will somehow make them better players...

This guy actually admits he's a weak-minded fool.

Slick wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 00:37:

I bought some boxes,

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
18. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 17, 2017, 03:59 Quinn

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 11:15:
Quinn wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 10:59:
The biggest mistake in my gaming life EVER was upgrading to a 144hz monitor. Anything below 70 I now consider as stuttering. 60 flat-out sucks and 50 is unacceptable.

That's an odd comment. 144hz to me helps the effects of frames per second no matter what it is. A screen redrawing faster in my eyes is always better. Scrolling up and down web pages, its better. Tearing, virtually gone without vsync enabled. Same for that wave-type effect you get sometimes with isometric games panning the landscape. That is gone to. Now do I simply want more FPS... yes. Little Secret, sometimes I turn vsynch on, which means locked at 72... because I don't need the system working overtime.

HorrorScope you must've obviously misunderstood me somehow. I say it's my biggest mistake because it upped my standard to a point where the PC gaming hobby has become so much more expensive. Like I said, 70 fps is now my minimum. But of course, it's much harder to run all new games on ultra with a minimum fps of 70, which means I have to upgrade more often.

For example, back when I didn't know better 60 fps was just perfect. I literally couldn't imagine games any smoother than 60 fps. So with the same hardware I'm having now, I wouldn't have any complaints about ACO because back then I could deal with an occasional drop to 50fps as long as the 60 fps was somewhat steady overall.

So, yeah... biggest mistake of my gaming life.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

16. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 16, 2017, 10:59 Quinn

Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 10:07:
AC Origins runs smooth as shit on my ancient-ass rig with a 2500K and a 970 @1080p. I only drop below 40fps in Memphis, with everything set to High and quite a few settings (can't remember which off the top of my head, I know environment detail, water, character detail and a few others) set as high as they will go. Shadows set to Medium.

Most places it's an easy 50-60fps.

Weird that so many people have issues (well, not weird, it's an Ubisoft Kiev production, so...) and it runs so well on my system that was literally built in the same age as the game is set.

The biggest mistake in my gaming life EVER was upgrading to a 144hz monitor. Anything below 70 I now consider as stuttering. 60 flat-out sucks and 50 is unacceptable. But still, even with that ridiculous high standard, ACO's performance is worse than it should be if I compare it to other games with similar or better graphics. I'm not at alk impressed with the graphics. They look good but I've seen better. Also in sandbox or open world games.
It's a fact that the game is ridiculously hard on your CPU. Why, I wonder?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

13. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 16, 2017, 08:22 Quinn

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 08:07:
Quinn wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 01:29:
These games did not need performance boosts unless you're running them on a potato.

Assassins Creed Origin on the other hand...
I disagree. I for one am happy to see they mention Destiny as I do have some severe frame rate drops in intense fights.
I'm running a 970 and 1080p resolution. Core i5-2600k@4.3
I know my CPU is old but I don't think my system is a potato

Hmm yeah my standards are a bit too high to call yours a potato indeed. What I tried to express, I guess, is that these 2 games are already very well optimized compared to ACO. Which is why I am surprised and disappointed that they didn't manage to improve that game's performance with the latest driver.

On a side-note: the AA graphic option in ACO is silly in that it has you choose between off, medium, high (and very high?) instead of FXAA, MSAA 4X etc. My point I'm getting at is that I have a feeling ACO is already doing some crazy high MSAA stuff even on one of the lower settings. The fps improvement I got from going from high to medium was absolutely insane.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

10. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 16, 2017, 01:29 Quinn

These games did not need performance boosts unless you're running them on a potato.

Assassins Creed Origin on the other hand...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up
38. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 15, 2017, 05:18 Quinn

Slick wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 04:37:
Quinn wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 02:25:
NKD wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 20:23:
Quboid wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 20:06:
OldDirtyEwok wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 10:26:
The uproar over this is a bit ridiculous...I mean even a shitty loot system is better than spending 70$ on a season pass where the DLCs divide the player base.

I've played the beta plus the 10h trial and I don't think it's as bad as people say...again tho, I'm comparing this versus a season pass.

I'd much rather they put in a season pass than put in gambling, but it's not an either/or situation. They both suck.

Is this gambling? I thought this was just a grinding system.

It is a grinding system. And for those of us who actually bought packs, you barely get shit from them, so that part feels like gambling... sorta. But really it's just a trap for weak0minded people who don't want to grind, and who are looking for shortcuts.

The hilarious thing is they think that a few star cards will somehow make them better players...

Weak minded people? Or do you perhaps mean hard working people? Hard working people with a life? If what I'm reading is right, you need 40 hours to unlock particular stuff that gives you an advantage in-game. 40 fucking hours. Once in a blue moon I manage to put 40 hours into a game before the passage of weeks has me lose interest.

So fuck off, Slick, with your black-and-white, shallow opinions. Think. Think again. Think for a third time. THEN post. Cheers.

LOL.

So you expect to never grind for any unlocks in any game because you work a 40-hour job?

Entitled much.

And a cunt much. Don't have time for twats like you in my life, IGNORED.

People like this guy here are the problem of the gaming industry. They enable the money-grabbing suits. Be prepared for the new normal: not free freemium games.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up
36. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 15, 2017, 02:25 Quinn

NKD wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 20:23:
Quboid wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 20:06:
OldDirtyEwok wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 10:26:
The uproar over this is a bit ridiculous...I mean even a shitty loot system is better than spending 70$ on a season pass where the DLCs divide the player base.

I've played the beta plus the 10h trial and I don't think it's as bad as people say...again tho, I'm comparing this versus a season pass.

I'd much rather they put in a season pass than put in gambling, but it's not an either/or situation. They both suck.

Is this gambling? I thought this was just a grinding system.

It is a grinding system. And for those of us who actually bought packs, you barely get shit from them, so that part feels like gambling... sorta. But really it's just a trap for weak0minded people who don't want to grind, and who are looking for shortcuts.

Weak minded people? Or do you perhaps mean hard working people? Hard working people with a life? If what I'm reading is right, you need 40 hours to unlock particular stuff that gives you an advantage in-game. 40 fucking hours. Once in a blue moon I manage to put 40 hours into a game before the passage of weeks has me lose interest.

So fuck off, Slick, with your black-and-white, shallow opinions. Think. Think again. Think for a third time. THEN post. Cheers.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 10:47 Quinn

This shit is the omen to freemium games becoming the new normal. Freemium games with a 50 dollars initial price, that is.

I personally already felt this grind-to-inspire-buying plague in Shadow of War. Some may disagree because, I admit, the signs of this dark omen aren't as apparent. This Battlefront II pride-of-the-grind lie, however, has pushed EA out of the shadows.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > PUBG Sells 20M
10. Re: PUBG Sells 20M Nov 8, 2017, 09:27 Quinn

The pile of uninspired, uninspiring and unambitious shit that this game is is fucking legendary.

Graphics are below mediocre.
Gameplay is a pathetic mess.
There's no sense of achievement. No awards, no real co-op worth mentioning.

I am very, very worried about the impact this game will have on the PC gaming industry. If this garbage can pull in 20M players, why the fuck create games like The Witcher anymore...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > HITMAN: Game of the Year Edition
2. Re: HITMAN: Game of the Year Edition Nov 7, 2017, 12:19 Quinn

Rhett wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 11:39:
Still haven't tried this one, anyone have any comparisons?

This game brings the same feature that broke Hitman Absolution for me: what should be hidden Steam achievements are entangled within the very fabric of the game. You start your mission, hit [TAB] or whatever and immediately see in which ways you can kill your target. Horrible. What was once a game that cared for both story-telling and gameplay, has now become a glorified assassination simulator. I cannot put it any better than that.

Hitman Absolution was very story driven, which is why "assassination simulator" would be silly to apply to that game. That game, however, also suffered from a deeply broken design choice what with the way disguises worked. You could also argue that game was too much on rails.

What I'm trying to say is that HITMAN 2016 and Hitman Absolution should have a baby. That would make for the Hitman we've all been waiting for since after Blood Money.

I know members like Jerykk will disagree, because I know some here really like this HITMAN in the series.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced
28. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 6, 2017, 09:17 Quinn

I do care for yours. Ergo earlier analysis and suggestion.

You're right though, you're just aggressive all the time. Not sure why passive sneaked in there.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

26. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 5, 2017, 09:58 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 22:43:
Leave him alone and go make your shitty videos that no one watches.

You bring passive aggressiveness to a new level. Literally in all your comments -- at least the ones I come across. There's a good to fair chance you have been bullied a lot in high school? I can imagine that such a hardship is the kind of ordeal that scars you. Your scar tissue is the seething anger that projects itself online -- where you are anonymous, and nobody knows you as the broken kid.

Get help.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

24. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 4, 2017, 22:08 Quinn

El Pit wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 15:17:
21. Ignored Nov 4, 2017, 12:06 MacLeod

To view this user's posts click on the username.

I definitely won't click!

He's making good points, kiddo. But I guess the name-calling triggered you real good, didn't it? You've got the skin of a snowflake.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Oct 31, 2017, 18:10 Quinn

The Shadow of War lootcrate bullshit was a fucking lie and they did it through their teeth without shame.

For the weak minded among us: no matter what you think, the player was crippled without lootboxes. How many legendary orcs did you find? How many gearsets did you complete? I had 40h into SoW and I wasnt even close to completing the gear sets and I had close to no legendary orcs in my army. I was level 48 after 40 hours and thr last 3 levels took me about 10 hours. I felt like I was playing a freemium Clash of Clans kinda game at some point, where you could play without spending a dime but it would be a fucking drag that would take forever.

Rational Youtube vids warn of the same grind in AC Origins, without spending money on loot boxes.

Mark my words: our games will become like the garbage freemium games on our phones, at least to some infuriating extent. Why? Because idiots believe the words, the words of the developers (and publishers ofc).

/tilt

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Released
12. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 27, 2017, 15:03 Quinn

Right now I'm on Destiny 2, Divinity OS2 and ELEX. Looking at The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein 2 and can't decide which one I am gonna buy next. I haven't played any Assassin's Creed after Black Flag and I wasn't planning to, but I gotta say I am surprised by how possitive everyone is about this one...

But hell if I do decide to get back into AC I might as well get into Syndicate first. I heard Unity was shit.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > AMID EVIL Announced
2. Re: AMID EVIL Announced Oct 26, 2017, 06:02 Quinn

I threw up in my mouth.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Launch Trailer
15. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Launch Trailer Oct 25, 2017, 05:48 Quinn

NKD wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 18:45:
Quinn wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 18:03:
Lmao people can get excited for this milked out garbage? Unbelievable. I saw a gameplay vid from a guy today who got mad excited when he got chased by a hippo. *sigh* So utterly pathetic.

It could be worse, it could be Evil Within 2 or Destiny 2.

How so? It's Destiny 2, not Destiny 12. Same for Evil Within 2. It makes all the difference, ergo it makes your comment silly at best.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Launch Trailer
13. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Launch Trailer Oct 24, 2017, 18:03 Quinn

Lmao people can get excited for this milked out garbage? Unbelievable. I saw a gameplay vid from a guy today who got mad excited when he got chased by a hippo. *sigh* So utterly pathetic.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > First-Person Mode Within The Evil Within 2
12. Re: First-Person Mode Within The Evil Within 2 Oct 23, 2017, 11:55 Quinn

Thanks MoreLuckThanSkill (yes I read it all the way to the end :P) and Wetworks! This game'll be a definite buy for me once I'm done indulging myself with the aforementioned titles. Hopefully that'll take long enough to get 10/20% sale out of it.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2462 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo