Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2693 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 Demo Friday
6. Re: Resident Evil 2 Demo Friday Jan 9, 2019, 08:01 Quinn

Cram wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 20:12:
ok...

Maybe not exactly related, but I really miss the days of Computer Gaming World & Pc Gamer demo discs. More specifically, I miss the anticipation to getting a demo for a game I'm interested in. This gimmick shit doesn't work for me, because I am elderly now I guess. One shot demo?

A lot has to do with the fact we have grown older, mate. Then again, I find it hard to believe that's all... and that there wasn't a magnificent charm in the old ways that is not replaced and lost forever.
But then I sound like literally every old person talking about the little things of yesterday.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Alien Teasing
25. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 8, 2019, 12:38 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2019, 15:48:
Quinn wrote on Jan 7, 2019, 15:40:
Sometimes it's painful to witness such harmony between some of you and it's all just going *woosh* over my head and I have no ideas what's going on. XD

Anyway, looking forward to this. I've been wanting to replay Isolation for quite some time now, but I got so bummed by Prometheus 2 that I couldn't see or hear anything Alien related for a while. What a garbage movie and insult to the xenomorph.

My Alien memory: I was 8 at the time I grabbed the VHS from the drawer and started watching whatever this movie was. My aunt picked my mom up for afternoon shopping and I was allowed to stay home. She asked what I started watching as she was heading out. When I showed her the VHS she told me the movie was the scariest she ever saw and asked my mom if it was wise to let me watch it.
My mother was always overly protective except when it came to scary movies somehow (watched the Kali worshipper rip out the man's heart in that Indiana Jones movie when I was what? Six?).
Anyway, the warning of my aunt thrilled me. That afternoon turned out to be one of the best afternoons in my young life.

I was a hardcore sci-fi horror and Alien fan from that day going forward.

It's a mobile title. What are the chances it's A) good and B) isn't full of microtransaction pay-to-play mechanics.

Yeah I didn't know that when I wrote that wall of text

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Alien: Blackout a Mobile Game
2. Re: Alien: Blackout a Mobile Game Jan 7, 2019, 18:02 Quinn

I hope that with some post-modernist trend all kids rediscover the Nokia 6310 and the entire smartphone industry implodes.
Along with mobile games.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > More Alien Teasing
22. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 7, 2019, 15:40 Quinn

Sometimes it's painful to witness such harmony between some of you and it's all just going *woosh* over my head and I have no ideas what's going on. XD

Anyway, looking forward to this. I've been wanting to replay Isolation for quite some time now, but I got so bummed by Prometheus 2 that I couldn't see or hear anything Alien related for a while. What a garbage movie and insult to the xenomorph.

My Alien memory: I was 8 at the time I grabbed the VHS from the drawer and started watching whatever this movie was. My aunt picked my mom up for afternoon shopping and I was allowed to stay home. She asked what I started watching as she was heading out. When I showed her the VHS she told me the movie was the scariest she ever saw and asked my mom if it was wise to let me watch it.
My mother was always overly protective except when it came to scary movies somehow (watched the Kali worshipper rip out the man's heart in that Indiana Jones movie when I was what? Six?).
Anyway, the warning of my aunt thrilled me. That afternoon turned out to be one of the best afternoons in my young life.

I was a hardcore sci-fi horror and Alien fan from that day going forward.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil 2 Solo Play Requires Internet
19. Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 Solo Play Requires Internet Dec 22, 2018, 20:01 Quinn

Always buys the games he plays. Check.

PC always connected to the internet. Check.

I am genuinely wondering what the passes are about? Is it the fear that once the servers go flat, you lose the product you bought? Or is it that you are hardly ever connected to the internet? Both cases would be valid to complain, but I myself still only just care about whether the game will be good in the end (as an SP experience) or not...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest Next Year
4. Re: SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest Next Year Dec 18, 2018, 15:28 Quinn

I hated the RTS gameplay in Spellforce 3. The mechanic was so fucking silly.. what with the outposts and limited resources per outpost. It just didn't flow AT ALL.

Great graphics, story and atmosphere though so it's a real shame...
I'll give it another shot someday, if there's time left? I'll be a dad in a month lol!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Free Assassin's Creed Odyssey for Stream Testers
8. Re: Free Assassin's Creed Odyssey for Stream Testers Dec 15, 2018, 17:47 Quinn

Friends, this game is great. Imagine an open world Spartan game and this is it. I reminded myself during a late cutscene where I stood high on a cliff and some arrogant Spartan commander told me what I should or shouldn't do, yet all I cared about were the dots of light painting the shores of Greek islands.

Amazing game. I enjoyed qlmost every minute of it.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > RAGE 2 in May
30. Re: RAGE 2 in May Dec 8, 2018, 21:22 Quinn

Shite. That is like 5 months too late. But I want this game to be GOOD like I wish with DOOM Eternal. 2019 will be the year of FPS.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Far Cry New Dawn in February
9. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 02:11 Quinn

Sooo nobody is worried? Nobody heard of a next FC instalment and now it's unveiled and releases in TWO MONTHS? Was I the only one confused, wondering for a while if this was actually a FC5 DLC? FC5 had zero innovation so please expect nothing from this game.

FC won't be interesting to me anymore unless they go back to the drawing board and bring us something new, a la what happened with the AC titles since AC Origins.

I'll wait for Rage 2 instead. And on that note: this'll probably become a lawsuit.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Released
15. Re: Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Released Dec 5, 2018, 17:53 Quinn

MeanJim wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 13:15:
necrosis wrote on Dec 4, 2018, 19:33:
So you pass on basically every game out there because of DRM that does not affect you in any way?

Denuvo does affect you. The way Denuvo works, it has to "phone home," which means it requires an internet connection. A SINGLE PLAYER game should NEVER require an internet connection to play. If the game can't connect to Denuvo when it tries to phone home, you can't play the game.

I bought Deus Ex: Mankind Divided at launch. Shortly after that my internet went down for a few days thanks to some storms damaging equipment in my area. Steam successfully started in offline mode, and all games I had installed worked, except the one with Denuvo, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. When I tried to play the game, this is what I got instead. That was the first and last game time I bought a game with Denuvo in it.

People in rural areas where internet can frequently go down and somehow stay down for days, have a good reason to complain about or boycott Denuvo. Any other person should quit their fucking moaning just like the idiots that still complain about games requiring Steam/Origin/Uplay/Galaxy. Pardon the vitriol.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Released
12. Re: Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Released Dec 5, 2018, 08:43 Quinn

Spent my monthly games budget on my guilty pleasure Just Cause 4. Want this game too...

Maybe I can give my willpower a pass, what with this being the holiday month..

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Dragon Age Tease
9. Re: Dragon Age Tease Nov 30, 2018, 01:52 Quinn

Dragon Age Mobile. We all have phones, after all.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Fallout 76 Legal Fallout?
55. Re: Fallout 76 Legal Fallout? Nov 29, 2018, 06:02 Quinn

https://youtu.be/2tAVh9baJkw

Fuck this company. Fuck F76.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

53. Re: Fallout 76 Legal Fallout? Nov 28, 2018, 16:45 Quinn

That was no unclear fashion, cheers You're definitely blacklisted.

Not really ofc, but you know what I mean. Defending this fucking game... tsk tsk tsk... xD

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

51. Re: Fallout 76 Legal Fallout? Nov 28, 2018, 14:19 Quinn

christheshitter wrote on Nov 28, 2018, 12:44:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 11:43:

As far as Fallout 76, it's not anymore or less buggy than 3 and 4 were, people are just pissed that the game is not Fallout 5. Still playing it with my girlfriend, still having fun.

Agreed! Fallout 3 is so unstable it's a joke. Crashes when it feels like it. How can this be any worse, it's nothing!

Sorry, Agent.X7.. but you're an idiot. This game has no NPCs, no story to speak of, and literally zero improvement upon their previous titles (the opposite, in fact) except for the fact you can run around in it with your girlfriend. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo.

Let's face it -- and this is going to be controversial! -- but this game is objectively garbage and a money grab from a studio that's sold their soul. Anyone who claims differently, please.. let me know in no unclear fashion so I can put you on the blacklist of people that I should NEVER listen to when it comes to any single word they have to say about any game.

I'll mention it again for good measure, watch this vid and then check your head. The only way I can understand how you could praise this game, mate, is if it's the kind of "playing game with girlfriend" where you have a constant boner and a promise that you'll get lucky in a couple of sexy minutes.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

41. Re: Fallout 76 Legal Fallout? Nov 27, 2018, 20:40 Quinn

Darks wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 19:38:
VaranDragon wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 17:13:
Pretty good review from Mack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4z-3eT5w0I

OMG, you cant be seriously taking this guys review as anything but a bitch session seriously can you? This guy has nothing to say good about any games. Hes a troll only looking for click bate for this site. Never once, have I Ever taken anything this guy says seriously.

And thus have you wasted a lot of money on garbage games.

If you understand Mack and his tendency to lose himself and exaggerate now and then, you'll find his verdicts very solid.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

31. Re: Fallout 76 Legal Fallout? Nov 27, 2018, 16:16 Quinn

This vid just auto-played on me after the WAB review. It properly portrays how and why F76 is such a criminally bad product.

https://youtu.be/7L1UAglcaa0

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow
45. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 22, 2018, 17:57 Quinn

Kxmode wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 13:26:
DrEvil wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 13:08:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 12:19:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 12:17:
These developers are rock stars worthy of worship for stcking around and improving their game. god bless'em

And Sean Murray is still a liar who used fraud to build these continuous updates.

Dude, give it a rest.

No. Not until I get my $60 worth, and I will get my money's worth one way or another.

Be a good christian, and forgive. Don't you think the game is worth your 60 by now? The game is good fun with friends. It works well. You can now build your home base on your favorite looking planet -- which now makes naming fauna and flora a fun and "useful" thing to do, etc.

You should give credit where credit is due. Sean oversold the game and indeed lied, but he was a developer nerd and should've never been put in front of a camera and stress inducing interviewers. That was a mistake. A very, very big mistake. But you have to be especially bitter if you still hold a grudge and don't acknowledge the love labor the devs have continued to put into the game.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > BioWare on More Mass Effect
9. Re: BioWare on More Mass Effect Nov 8, 2018, 04:42 Quinn

Create a new IP. Leave Mass Effect to rot away.

When you have to jump to another galaxy to continue a story, you know you've made a mistake somewhere.

I still cannot get past ME3's ending. Commander Shepherd was supposed to be the variable that differed from all annihilations before -- because, if you made the right choices, you managed to unite all the races to fight the Reapers. But all mattered fuck all, however. Apparently all we needed were some engineers to build some Catalyst, but even that was a fool's errand really.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Shambles Out
4. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Shambles Out Nov 7, 2018, 08:23 Quinn

Worth a Buy's beta review said it all. Avoid this one like the plague. It's a shameless money grab.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2693 Comments. 135 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo