Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2133 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Sep 12, 2016, 18:33 Quinn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 12:07:
Atpbx wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 09:17:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 15:45:
Ah, Dead Space 2, the greatest of the Dead Spaces! Definitely pick this up if somehow you don't have it yet.

Dead Space 3, how were you so terrible?

No do not buy it, it flat out does not work on PC.

No amount of work arounds and fucking around fixes it.

Are you thinking of Dead Space 1? That had some port issues early on, Dead Space 2, Disc version and Origin versions work great. Bought the disc version on sale, there was a free transfer to the Origin version at some point? Played through a couple of times on both.

To be fair I've never tried the Steam version of Dead Space 2, but I can't see it being completely unplayable, sorry to hear it gave you issues.

Those issues were probably on his end.

As for DS3, I tried co-opping it but all we were doing was stealing eachothers kills and sometimes one of the two players was completely removed from cutscenes. Why the fuck make the dumb decision to make DS3 co-op, and then not include the second player in many of the storytelling moments? It was beyond my buddy and me.

I ended up soloing it. The experience was mediocre compared to DS2.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod
29. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Sep 1, 2016, 15:58 Quinn

sauron wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 13:48:
Task wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 11:22:
Xero wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 22:44:
Worth buying the game for this?

Lol Hell Naaaaaah. The game looks like ass anyways on Beth's Ancient DerpBryo Engine. Besides no amount of volumetric lighting can make the shit gameplay, dialogue, quests, or c&c better. I always find stuff like this funny, "Oh wow, maybe if I install this ENB or shiny grafix, the game will be more palatable." I guess, these games being walking sims with deep "stuff" to look at is enough.

I'm kinda on the fence about it, after playing for around 50 hours. It's fun, but shallow and I find I'm starting to lose interest. Not so much due to the graphics or the RPG-lite gameplay, but more due to the fact that (spoilers ahead): I can't understand the motivation of the Institute. Why are they so intent on replacing people with synths?

Overall, I think it's decent, but I enjoyed Skyrim a lot more and am enjoying Witcher 3 a hell of a lot more.

I can't remember the details, but I do know they had the science and technology to "fix" the world. I was all for them. The choices I was able to make really echoed my own feelings. That, I liked.

But yeah, for me F4 is utterly overshadowed by Skyrim. When I played F4, it felt like an underwhelming F3 expansion. Skyrim was something new entirely.

In fact, I'm almost irrationally excited about the prospect of another Skyrim playthrough once the Special Edition comes out. Maybe this time I finally get myself to finish Dawnguard, as well.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

28. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Sep 1, 2016, 15:57 Quinn

Oops double post.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

25. Re: NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod Sep 1, 2016, 12:47 Quinn

This news is beyond me. Why isn't the fucking mod available yet?  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Trailer
8. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailer Aug 30, 2016, 02:48 Quinn

I hope they do a better job making me care about this new protagonist. My god was the story of WD1 bad. I couldn't care less about my kid's death. Yes, Ubisoft, it takes more than seeing a teddybunny float through the air in slowmotion to get me to give a fuck.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Aug 30, 2016, 00:59 Quinn

Thanks for the compliments, guys! That's good motivation to continue this little hobby of mine ^^

A friend of mine owns a music studio and he told me he has a spare professional microphone he will give to me. If he comes through, that'd be awesome. My headset mic quality is a pain in the ass.

Quboid wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 22:03:
That's a good review Quinn. Your delivery is smoother than at first and the production is good. Excellent ending too

One nitpick, the sections (Story, G&P, Gameplay, etc) seem to run together. For example at 4:50 you go from talking about the Breach mode to the Verdict without the natural pause of a change of subject. The start of the G&P section flows better because of a fraction of a second more delay and IMHO another fraction would help. Hey, I told you I was nitpicking!

Perhaps wait until the red bar moving in from the right is nearly across before starting to talk?

That's good advice, thanks buddy! I'll definitely do that next time -- maybe just let a scene play for a bit with the ingame sound as well just to get an even better overall impression. There's no harm in slowing the pace down a little =)

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

3. Re: Game Reviews Aug 29, 2016, 12:25 Quinn

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 11:50:
Damn it, now Im gonna have to watch it again...and look for clues. BTW I completely agree with most of your review. Only about 10 hours in though and didn't really explore too much, but I did do all the side quest missions so far, all except the "Confront David Sarif" mission which bugged out and now I can't complete it.

Thanks for watching =D

Your Confront David Sarif quest bugged out? What happened? I find that quest one of the most interesting. Would ruin it for me!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

1. Re: Game Reviews Aug 29, 2016, 11:29 Quinn

xXBatmanXx (accidentally) got his moment of fame in my Deus Ex review ;D  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
13. Re: Vampyr Trailer Aug 28, 2016, 17:42 Quinn

nin wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 14:44:
wtf_man wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 13:50:
No... Because it's WAY shoulder-cam (practically side cam) like Alan Wake. I can't stand that.

That initially bothered me about Arkham Asylum, but I eventually got used to it. But it did feel wildly distracting at first...

What's particularly important with shouldercam games is a great FOV. I loved the FOV modded The Evil Within, but with the default FOV it was literally unplayable for me.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
11. Re: Vampyr Trailer Aug 26, 2016, 20:32 Quinn

Looks good. I'll definitely enjoy this for 40 bucks. Good, moody shit.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
56. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 25, 2016, 01:00 Quinn

Unfortunate events keep me from putting some good hours into this game. Been playing it on and off, so immersiveless (that a word?) that I'm considering just starting over. Anyway, got this to say so far:

This game just looks incredibly good on paper. But so far I feel like there's something "off" about it. I can't figure out what makes it feel "off", but a good comparison would maybe be Deus Ex 2. Remember Deus Ex 2? It looked better than one, and it had all the opportunities to hack and approach many situations from many different angles. Deus Ex 2 looked good on paper but the game felt off. Just off.

Sigh... Maybe I should just stfu and blame my current experience on the fact that in these first two days I haven't managed to play the game longer than 3 hours, 30 minutes at a time.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
36. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 14:06 Quinn

Quinn wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 13:21:
fawker wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 13:13:
Unusually high amount of salted popcorn flying in the Steam forums. Mostly performance issue on new high end cards. For an engine that has been around since 2012 (Hitman) this is surprising.

Yup the game brings my GTX980 completely to its knees. BUT, as always, lowering the Shadow Quality fixes practically all of that without hardly a visual change.

Quoting myself because I couldn't finish my abobe post because spouse. Anyway literally been playing actual gameplay for only 5 minutes before I had to go:

Horrible input lag unless my FPS is flawless. FOV is just barely good enough but I'm not even sure about that yet. Facial animations are hilariously bad but w/e. The first wall Jensen knocked in.. The concrete just fell on the ground before him like a sack of puppies instead of flying outward with the force it received. It made me laugh in the not-fun way.

First (FIVE MINS!) impressions are bad but it could literally go everywhere still. No combat yet, even.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
28. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 13:21 Quinn

fawker wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 13:13:
Unusually high amount of salted popcorn flying in the Steam forums. Mostly performance issue on new high end cards. For an engine that has been around since 2012 (Hitman) this is surprising.

Yup the game brings my GTX980 completely to its knees. BUT, as always, lowering the Shadow Quality fixes practically all of that without hardly a visual change.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
11. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 11:37 Quinn

Can't wait for this game. It's going to be awesome, I don't doubt! Jensen, my buddy, can't wait to get inside you.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2. Re: Game Reviews Aug 16, 2016, 14:06 Quinn

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 11:20:
Pretty good Ars Technica review

A game so broken in its launch state that it even crashes while paused
Bottom line: Don't just wait for a sale; wait for a major overhaul.

I always have a hard time respecting these stability complaints. The game only had one CTD in the 24 hours I've been playing it :\

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Overwatch Competitive Changes
6. Re: Overwatch Competitive Changes Aug 16, 2016, 08:19 Quinn

theglaze wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 01:37:
Season 1 ends on the 18th...I've hit 55 three times but can't get 56...if I do it's the next tier and the reward equates to 40 match wins! Must....try........harder!!!!

I keep hanging at 62. There's a big diff between 59 and 62. No teamplay or voicechat at 59. OK teamplay and much voicechat at 62. I love that.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

18. Re: Game Reviews Aug 15, 2016, 18:52 Quinn

Jesus fucking Christ...

...I sold my Atlas Stones.

How the fuck could I've known...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

1. Re: Game Reviews Aug 14, 2016, 16:13 Quinn

20 hours into it by now. Still having a good time, but I'll be done before the end of the coming week.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

16. Re: Game Reviews Aug 14, 2016, 13:22 Quinn

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 12:38:
I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW SOON I FELT LIKE I HAD SEEN EVERYTHING IT HAD TO OFFER

Seems to be a pretty common refrain in every review I've read on this game...

I mention it in my review too, but it doesn't necessarily mean the game's bad:

https://youtu.be/KdbCCnqLZ3Q

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill
65. Re: No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill Aug 10, 2016, 13:20 Quinn

Bumpy wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 09:45:
If there is any game that screams 'wait till its patched and finished' before buying, it is this one.

What it screams even more is "wait till it has a or more major expansions". No base building, no home planet, no co-op or any real multiplayer to speak of in its current state... makes this game a 20 dollar product at most.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2133 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo