Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Simon Says

Real Name Simon Says   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 12, 2012, 10:27
Total Comments 747 (Apprentice)
User ID 57330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 22, 2017, 16:52 Simon Says

While I disagree with capped plans. I've never been able to tell the difference ( in blind tests ) between 480p and full 1440p videos on my S7 and I have 20/10 vision ( higher than normal ). So unless you're on a phablet, I doubt anyone would notice.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Charlottesville Aug 17, 2017, 23:03 Simon Says

And while "rightists" are blaming "leftists" and vice versa, there's at least one guy who's right on the money on this one.

*****Start Quote*****

"Fun fact: (repost)

Did you know American racism was born (mostly) from the political/legal decision to justify group exploitation during/after African slavery, working to avoid the poor white masses combining with the poor black masses to work against the ruling capitalist/ownership class?

As detailed by civil rights professor Carter A. Wilson:

"Color prejudice against Africans was rare in the first two-thirds of the 17th century. Legal distinctions between black slaves and white servants did not appear until the 1660s. At first, the plantation owners relied more on European indentured servants than African slaves… Initially, attitudes and behavior toward the African slave differed little from those toward the European servant, except that the servant served only a short-term, usually seven years, and the slave generally, but not always, served for life… Interracial marriages were common in the first half of the 17th century and that at this time they provoked little or no reaction. Christian status and Christian morals were important. Race was not."

Historian Edmund S. Morgan, notes that Indians were also being enslaved and alienated in the same way. He stated:

"…the assembly deliberately did what it could to foster contempt of whites for blacks and Indians… In 1680 it prescribed 30 lashes…”if any Negro or other slave shall presume to lift up his hand in opposition against any Christian”. This was a particularly effective provision that allowed (white) servants to bully slaves without fear of retaliation, thus placing them psychologically on par with masters."

And Dr. MLK Jr.:

"Racial segregation as a way of life did not come about as a natural result of hatred between the races immediately after the Civil War. There were no laws segregating the races then…the segregation of the races was really a political stratagem employed by…the South to keep the southern masses divided and southern labor the cheapest in the land. You see, it was a simple thing to keep the poor white masses working for near-starvation wages in the years that followed the Civil War. Why, if the poor white plantation or mill worker became dissatisfied with his low wages, the plantation or mill owner would merely threaten to fire him and hire former Negro slaves and pay him even less. Thus, the southern wage level was kept almost unbearably low."

Anyone who doesn't see the connection between racial problems today and the history of capital accumulation and markets is missing just about everything."

*****End quote*****

American racism is really classism... So there you have the "1%" playing that Divide Et Impera card on the "99%" and even after millenniums of its first usage back in Antiquity, it still works perfectly.

Well played oligarchs/plutocrats, well played.

As for everyone else, wtf are you doing guys?

News Comments > New SteelSeries Mice Boast 1-to-1 Sensors
7. Re: New SteelSeries Mice Boast 1-to-1 Sensors Aug 1, 2017, 17:09 Simon Says

Very happy with the Steelseries Kana here, which is more or less a clone of the old first few ambidextrous optic intellimouse designs with 5 buttons.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Jeff Bezos beats out Bill Gates to become world’s richest person Jul 28, 2017, 15:58 Simon Says

jdreyer wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 00:39:
Well, except that Bill Gates gave away most of his fortune to the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation.

Let me correct that for you:

"Well, Bill Gates hid away most of his fortune in the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation in order to evade taxes."

It's very well known that compulsive currency hoarders use charities and other seemingly philanthropic organisations to evade taxes and keep a tight grip on their power, nothing new to see here.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2017, 15:53 Simon Says

Right, who needs justice? Let's just revert to letting citizens be judge, jury and executioner.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Jeff Bezos beats out Bill Gates to become world’s richest person Jul 27, 2017, 23:19 Simon Says

"Jeff Bezos beats out Bill Gates to become world’s richest person"

Let me correct that for you:

Jeff Bezos beats out Bill Gates to become world’s most compulsive hoarder

There you go!

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jul 21, 2017, 14:03 Simon Says

That 6 cores AMD vs 6 cores Intel really showcases the fail that is the mesh interconnect and new cache arrangement on the Intel parts...  

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping XP and Vista Support
9. Re: Blizzard Dropping XP and Vista Support Jul 20, 2017, 14:28 Simon Says

I can't believe the people here defending avoidable, and mostly useless ( keyword: mostly, they have the fat profit margins to do it after all ), artificial planned obsolescence...

Some rigs can play the games they want just fine, but would run win 7/8/10 like crap if they can at all due to drivers and other incompatibilities constraints. For example, a lot, but not all, Nehalem builds, including mine, can't run Win 10 with any reliable stability despite running all the latest games maxed, I had to format 4 times in 4 months before giving up and going back to reliable 7 again.

I have the $ to upgrade, but while I can still run all games with an acceptable playability, why would I?

Take rigs with only 1 core for example, or the slowest 2 cores with minimal ram. Their desktop experience is going to suffer a lot ( if their hardware is compatible at all ) and its either that or upgrade the hardware. And if you got a brain cell or 2 you already know that if they could've upgraded, they already would've.

Once again planned obsolescence hits the poor the hardest. And people have the balls to defend this and the waste this will inevitably provoke? *massive facepalm* CULT-ure at work!

Most people here are privileged and they don't even know it. At least I know I am.

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping XP and Vista Support
7. Re: Blizzard Dropping XP and Vista Support Jul 20, 2017, 12:19 Simon Says

El Pit wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 12:15:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 10:26:
The loud objection will come when they drop Win7.

Kenobi: "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of nerds with tinfoil hats suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

Let me fix that for you...

Kenobi: "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of nerds with tinfoil hats suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

There, much better!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2017, 13:44 Simon Says

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 13:05:
I kind of doubt the T-Rex would have been a successful predator if it couldn't move above a slow walk. DO they think it perched in trees and jumped down on unsuspecting prey? Or hid in the bushes until something just walked into its jaws?

If the T-Rex couldn't run, I doubt the brachiosaurs and the other giant grazers could either, in the past it was just assumed that they did like they assumed the T-Rex did.

It is also possible that the T-Rex wasn't a predator after all, but a scavenger, eating already dead animals killed by other, more nimble carnivores. Its quite easy to imagine a T-Rex stumbling upon a corpse being eaten by raptor-like dinosaurs, scaring the latters away to claim the corpse as his own, or simply sharing it, profiting from the smaller dinosaurs successfull hunt.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Many people can’t tell when photos are fake. Can you? Jul 19, 2017, 12:52 Simon Says

"Many people can’t tell when photos are fake. Can you?"

*Scores 5 in 5...*

And that Ed Sheeran thing is being blown completely out of proportions, I had no idea who the guy was before hitting the net today and I thought he was just a very convincing, run off the mill, Lannister.

6. Re: Hardware Reviews Jul 12, 2017, 20:18 Simon Says

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 12, 2017, 11:25:
When the 7800 is clocked higher than the 7700 it averages less frames per second???

How can this be, it goes against everything one would expect. Something must be amiss with their testing methodology. Unless the 7800s ipc is significantly lower, which it does not appear to be.

On the bright side it sucks down more juice.

Probably has to do with what PcPer found in their 7900X review ( Latency ).

The latency is much worse on the new MESH interconnect than what the 7700K uses and they already proved that it negatively affects Ryzen too in gaming particularly.

MESH is better for the giant Xeon chips with a gazillion cores but is worse with the smaller chips ( compared to their previous interconnect ).

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 8, 2017, 15:31 Simon Says

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 12:46:
This was posted here before, I emailed it to my group and it got rave reviews. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/207697382882672645/331525633089732608/vnUyDCR.png

LOL, priceless!

2. Re: Hardware Reviews Jul 1, 2017, 17:19 Simon Says

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 16:28:
The AMD sub-reddit has been my source of entertainment these past few days in regards to Vega FE.

Well, AMD DID seriously fuck something up somewhere... It doesn't even scale as it should compared to the Fury x's clockspeed, much less considering its a new architecture with things that should help it like tile based rendering and co.

Wether it can be fixed at this point, or its baked in the hardware is anyone's guess.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 30, 2017, 17:39 Simon Says

So, they had to pay 512 cents ( 5 years ago, I'd bet its around a tenth of a cent per GB now, so 1 miserable dollar ), around 5$ ( or 1$ now ) in roaming fees with their obscene profits margins overall?

Does the expression "cry me a river" Verizon rings any bells?

News Comments > Star Trek Online Season 13.5 Plans
2. Re: Star Trek Online Season 13.5 Plans Jun 28, 2017, 21:34 Simon Says

Slightly, once you're done with the storyline, it gets dull real fast, there's no endgame other than endless grinding and powercreep.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2017, 21:16 Simon Says

That supreme court ruling potentially opens the door to massive abuse... :/  

News Comments > Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up
62. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 26, 2017, 21:56 Simon Says

Asmodai wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 19:49:
Big companies dealing in millions of dollars do shit like this because it saves them money, in some cases quite astounding amounts of money. It's the reason why big companies get bigger while fucking ignorant dirt farmers sit around on forums picking navel lint and bitching about everything. ;)

*Butthurt backer radar pinging*

Whatever happens ( if it ships or not ), this will probably make history as a mandatory case study on how not to waste money when developing a game by showing examples of the ways of how someone can waste money.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2017, 16:18 Simon Says

NKD wrote on Jun 25, 2017, 13:51:
Since people won't read the article:

Basically they just codified giving officer's discretion on ticketing for it, along with increasing the severity of the penalty if they do ticket you.

Sounds like a good way to trick people into not restraining themselves from texting then cashing in on it...

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2017, 19:20 Simon Says

This whole story is ridiculous... The US laws and courts have no jurisdiction in other countries, what's more, their theft of his assets will probably never be given back.  

747 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo