Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Simon Says

Real Name Simon Says   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 12, 2012, 10:27
Total Comments 801 (Graduate)
User ID 57330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 14, 2017, 13:16 Simon Says

Intel inside promotion over... Well, might be time to end the Toothpaste inside promotion too!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 14, 2017, 13:15 Simon Says

That Russiagate delusion is still going strong in the US it seems... Well, new McCarthyism + a vested interested by the IMC to always have a scary boogeyman so they can get some fat corporate welfare from the US and other "threatened" countries will do that.

Still waiting for actual presented independently peer-reviewed evidence... *insert skeleton meme here*

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 13, 2017, 14:52 Simon Says

Y'all people are missing the point. It's just yet another inconvenience of non-user replaceable batteries. Had we kept user replaceable batteries in all smartphones, we would've never heard about this, nor would it had ever happened.

It would be easily solvable, were it not unprofitable for them to do so, profits/shareholders above clients, that's what it's about, as usual.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 8, 2017, 12:29 Simon Says

Early adopter's tax... The Ti model will be just as fast and way below 1k.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 27, 2017, 23:03 Simon Says

NKD wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 22:40:
Fox News broadcasts from the Mirror Universe where Hillary Clinton is President and Jimmy Carter is dead, while Ronald Reagan is alive.

And in which corps actually work for the people instead of merely exploiting them dry while sucking taxpayer milk at the gov's tits.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Legal Briefs
1. Re: Thanksgiving Legal Briefs Nov 23, 2017, 15:02 Simon Says

Yep, the US does sets worldwide precedents... and most of the time for the last few decades it has been a move backwards. The decline of the American Empire continues unabated...  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 22, 2017, 13:03 Simon Says

Verno wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 12:50:
panbient wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 12:10:
Trudeau is really only good at photo ops and long winded idealistic speeches.

I have to agree, I love a previous posters take on the guy "Total Mimbo". He totally retreats on substance every time and is more concerned with his PR profile. The fact that he won an election for the middle class when hes a silver spoon, trust fund baby is irony right up there with Trump courting the trailer park vote.

The 2 elections can't be compared. US citizens voted Trump in because they were stupid, yes, I agree. But polls after the election confirmed that Canadian citizens voted to kick Harper out, it was their main motivation, not to elect Trudeau#2. US citizens didn't need to kick out Obama, he could not rerun for a third term...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 22, 2017, 12:56 Simon Says

I find myself in agreement with Cutter... And that's saying something, it really doesn't happen often!  

News Comments > Sunday Patches
4. Re: Sunday Patches Nov 20, 2017, 08:03 Simon Says

yuastnav wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 06:58:
Is this the mod that makes Geralt actually fight properly and not dance around like a ballerina?

[edit]
Looking at this video the answer is no. It is not.

Yep, it's way too fast and looks fake/cheesy even when considering a Witcher's superior agility/strength and all that jazz.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2017, 10:07.

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 16, 2017, 02:05 Simon Says

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 17:19:
"Fisker's solid-state batteries have a long way to go before they make it into a car" - yep figured.

Lots of news over the years on massive battery breakthroughs beyond what is available today... will one ever come through?

That's what happens when superior tech never gets implemented because it would be less profitable ( or totality unprofitable, period ) than what it would be replacing. It happens all the time in this impotent economic system.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Think the US is alone? 18 countries had their elections hacked last year Nov 15, 2017, 00:02 Simon Says

Dat klikb8t... What they're describing aren't hacks, it's simply good ole propaganda transposed to the online world.

And the irony is, the article itself is propaganda by misleadingly labelling propaganda as "hacking".

10. Las Vegas' self-driving bus crashes in first hour of service Nov 9, 2017, 17:09 Simon Says

"Las Vegas' self-driving bus crashes in first hour of service"

In other news, lamppost crashes into drunk driver. /s

Those misleading clickbait titles... Rolleyes

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 8, 2017, 18:49 Simon Says

Slick wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 21:59:
nVidia is really trying to push out old stock with these slight rebrands, makes me think Volta is going to be announced at their conference thing they do in March 2018.

They have no competition right now. At least the 980ti had the Fury X nipping at it's heels, but there's nothing nipping at the 1080ti's heels... I would not be surprised if they pushed back Volta as long as they can in order not to compete with themselves and milk Pascal for all it's got.

As for Koduri, he's now at Intel: https://newsroom.intel.com/news-releases/raja-koduri-joins-intel/

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
22. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Nov 5, 2017, 16:13 Simon Says

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 19:55:
Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 18:48:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 17:49:
Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 16:26:
. And that immigrants need to do more to assimilate, including at least having functional English and a whole host of other things before they even set foot here.

Right?? I went to Montreal last year and all these fucks were speaking French. And I said to my wife, haven't they assimilated and learned English yet? It's been 250 years!

K-bec has always been a major PITA in Canada's ass. They're pretty much given up on separatism now, and they should have never entertained it in the first place. The only thing keeping them employed and having to need to NOT speak English is remaining in Canada. The overwhelming majority of Canadians are just as fed up with Quebec. They're constantly pandered to by the liberals with the lion share of tax dollars going to the province for everything just to placate them. Most people would rather just boot them out of the country entirely. And by that I mean literally send the separatists back to France. They're going to lose the language one day, it's inevitable as the tides. The sooner they learn to cope with it, the better off for everyone.

And once again the ignoramus has spoken.

Indeed, it's an old tired tirade I've heard a thousand times which totally ignores the fiscal reality of the situation.

During the last referendum of 1995, the ruling party of the province had proved without a doubt to the Banksters of Wall Street they would be better off economically outside Canada, after the fact was acknowledged, they gained Wall Street's support for independence.

And the reason is simple, in total, the province, its taxpayers and companies send more $ to Ottawa than whatever gets back in perequation and other grants/services ( and that's not taking into account that with independence, the St-Lawrence river becomes Quebec territorial waters, which opens up the opportunity for some major $ in the form of rights of way and other means ). Of course you will have english canadians claim the opposite in all caps, especially those living in Mordor ( Alberta ), alas they never could prove it with simple numbers because the actual numbers say the exact opposite of what they claim.

Fiscally, everyone outside english canada ( who were and are still in complete denial ) agreed that independence was the most profitable thing to do for the province.

And thanks for that info about the Orange Order Mr. Huron, just checked it up on Wikipedia. John A. Macdonald ( first Canadian PM and founding member of the Confederation, he was pretty much the architect ) being a member is pretty damn incriminating and explains a lot of the redneck'ish and sometimes racist attitude french canadians witness the moment they step into another province and dare not to exclusively speak indiscernible english.

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2017, 17:36.

11. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 4, 2017, 18:15 Simon Says

Double post  

10. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 4, 2017, 18:03 Simon Says

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 17:49:
Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 16:26:
. And that immigrants need to do more to assimilate, including at least having functional English and a whole host of other things before they even set foot here.

Right?? I went to Montreal last year and all these fucks were speaking French. And I said to my wife, haven't they assimilated and learned English yet? It's been 250 years!

Horrible example, don't you know your history? French came first. Thirteen colonies came second. When the thirteen colonies won their independence, the disgruntled England loyalists IMMIGRATED to what was called the "upper canada" ( Ontario ) which was originally french while most the french were moved to the "lower canada" ( Quebec ).

So, its the other way around, the english loyalists were persecuted in the 13 colonies and became canadian immigrants, so they really were refugees from your civil war. Did they learn french already? Nope. Does it matter now? Not one bit.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2017, 18:20.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches
19. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches Nov 2, 2017, 22:50 Simon Says

Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 22:38:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 17:19:
Saboth wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 15:42:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 15:40:
It's a pretty sweet product, almost a 1080, but $50-100 less. Looks like the sweet spot is 1440P.

My regular 1070 already handles any game at 1440 maxed out though...

I could have sworn I heard Nvida say they'd never make a XX70ti.

They probably did say that, not expecting AMD to be able to pull off Vega as well as they did.

As for your non-Ti 1070, I'm sure it's fine, but you'd get another 7-8 frames with a Ti. But a 1070 Ti isn't quite there to power 4K at max detail at 60 FPS. Thus 1440P.

Also, what CJ said.
Even a 1080 Ti isnt up to the job 100% for 4k and 60+ FPS.
GPUs are very far behind of our current needs right now.
I think in 1 to 3 generations we can safely make 4K standard, but right now, its just not possible.
Pascal is far over a year old now too, so I would wait with buying a new one, until Volta comes out (slated Q4 2017).
Hopefully with Volta we will see mainstream cards that are able to handle 4k at least as well as a 1080 Ti.

I will do it as I have done so for a few years now: Get the new mainstream one as soon as the prices have settled from the first hype, and sell the old one while its still worth something.

I beg to differ, you fail to take into account a very important variable. The X1X release and their promise to bring 4k60fps to a whole bunch of titles and the only way they'll be able to achieve this is by cutting the performance requirements to fit a GPU which is in between a Vega 56 and RX580. Suddenly 4k60fps for PCs will get that much easier with quick and dirty settings tweaks...

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. US says it's identified six Ruski officials as DNC hack suspects Nov 2, 2017, 22:45 Simon Says

"US says it's identified six Ruski officials as DNC hack suspects"

Yes and some people say the Earth if flat... They have yet to PRESENT any valid evidence, just like the US gov.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 31, 2017, 00:07 Simon Says

Retired wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 23:05:
They listen in even when you arent on their service.

Nope they don't. It would show on the bandwidth usage that I have been scrupulously monitoring and managing for the last 3 years on a heavily capped connection. This part is BS.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Facebook denies it is listening into its users' conversations to learn more about them Oct 30, 2017, 22:19 Simon Says

It WASN'T WRITTEN *hint*  

801 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo