Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Simon Says

Real Name Simon Says   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 12, 2012, 10:27
Total Comments 967 (Graduate)
User ID 57330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Fallout 76 Platinum Edition costs $115, doesn't include Fallout 76 Oct 16, 2018, 21:58 Simon Says

This gave me an idea... Whole game as DLC! Ubi/EA, do it! xD  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
33. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 13, 2018, 19:27 Simon Says

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 19:35:
MacLeod wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 19:33:
WaltC wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 16:41:
It's stupid because such a remake mod is free advertising for Lucas Films, and the original games, and does not detract from the value of Lucas Films IP in the slightest--I'd love for those lawyers to tell me how such a remake, which the authors were doing out of love for the games and *not* for monetary gain, apparently, threatens the value of the Star Wars IP.

You have to be pretty dense to not understand that

1) This wasn't a mod. They were remaking the ENTIRE game. Stop with "that's okay." You know that's a load of crap.

2) How does it threaten the Star Wars IP... Lets see... The game ends up being glitchy, it looks badly on them. The game is literally a FREE version of their game, so now they're never going to sell another copy of it, or an enhanced edition if they decide to do that. Hell, it makes a sequel even questionable if theres a modern engine version of the real game. Lets also see... they start letting people use their IP for free... now nobody needs to license the property.

Anyway, had these folks the money they could likely take Lucas Arts to court and win on the simple basis of fair use

Yes, reusing the entire script of a game, sounds, basis of graphics and the IP are "Fair Use". Come on man...

/thread

1- It required the original game to play, it is by definition a mod. It was also free publicity.

2- Statistically it has been proven again and again that fan made mods will give a boost to game sales and the bigger and more ambitious the mod, the bigger the boost.

It's the same story as with private copies, science has also proven that private copies have a POSITIVE effect on sales, but eh, listening to science? I'm a BUSINESSMAN not a scientist, GTFO you pixie dust sniffer.

I guess bigotry and science denial are mental illnesses that are hard to come back from...

19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2018, 15:48 Simon Says

Beamer wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 14:47:
Simon Says wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 13:38:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 13:30:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 13:19:
Also, remakers: stop announcing your shit until it's finished.
I've seen this posted before, what is it supposed to accomplish exactly?
Illegal shit is still illegal, whether it's finished or not.

BULLSHIT, 20 years ago, this would've been considered a mod and the developers would've likely extended their help to the modding team... Thus profiting in the process. Nowadays they just shoot themselves in the foot.

I can't speak for 20 years ago, but 19 years ago you'd be wrong.

Or how to cherry pick at the beginning of the end^^

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2018, 13:38 Simon Says

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 13:30:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 13:19:
Also, remakers: stop announcing your shit until it's finished.
I've seen this posted before, what is it supposed to accomplish exactly?
Illegal shit is still illegal, whether it's finished or not.

BULLSHIT, 20 years ago, this would've been considered a mod and the developers would've likely extended their help to the modding team... Thus profiting in the process. Nowadays they just shoot themselves in the foot.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Oct 7, 2018, 15:28 Simon Says

SirKnight wrote on Oct 7, 2018, 14:26:
That fact that this comes from liberals is a huge red flag right off the bat.

Progressives /= neoliberals

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 7, 2018, 11:08 Simon Says

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 6, 2018, 16:27:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 6, 2018, 14:58:
The dystopian future of the US is looking good.

Do you like beer?

Prefer soma, the true dystopian drug

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. No subject Oct 6, 2018, 17:47 Simon Says

Banksy's art... Very good idea, a bit crappy on the execution but the critic of crapitalism is appreciated.

Next one Banksy, make it go up in flames, more reliable self-destruction technique. And yeah before you go ballistic "but muh building and people may burn", there are ways to make something go up in a puff of smoke perfectly safely.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 4, 2018, 16:44 Simon Says

Indeed, and it seems they're going with the "interestate commerce" approach. Net neutrality inside a state has nothing to do with interstate commerce. They're on very shaky grounds at best.  

10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 4, 2018, 10:58 Simon Says

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 4, 2018, 09:54:
To be fair, thatís because this is something new.

I wouldn't call 10+ years old projects "new"... Plenty of time to have a change of mayor/management fucking em up, yet they didn't...

News Comments > Into the Black
3. No subject Oct 4, 2018, 09:20 Simon Says

Most boring hotwheels track...  

8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 4, 2018, 09:12 Simon Says

Drath71 wrote on Oct 4, 2018, 07:12:
Government simply sucks at this sort of thing.

Municipal broadband projects for FTTH are still standing strong, offering the best services at the lowest prices wherever they're implemented, and they're not running in the red even in rural areas with houses very far apart.

Some beliefs are just stupid, this is one of them.

9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 2, 2018, 08:04 Simon Says

Kirk Johnson wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 06:48:
courts have held that self-incrimination does not apply to biometric shit like fingerprints and your face. however it does apply to things you "Know" like a PIN or password.

totally legal what they did here.

Legal /= moral. What is legal CAN often be abherant, as is the case here. Mass murders ( wars ), slavery, etc, all legal, all deeply abherant.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 1, 2018, 13:14 Simon Says

Cutter wrote on Oct 1, 2018, 12:55:
"Through a free drink we try to give students some information which sponsor company would like to inform exclusively for university students to diverse the choices of their future career."

But it's not free, is it?

Yep. No such thing as a free lunch in a trade and currency based anti-economy.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
8. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 25, 2018, 00:04 Simon Says

ventry wrote on Sep 24, 2018, 23:42:
LEFTISM, A mental disorder characterized by cognitive dissonance to rationalize ones irrational beliefs. Symptoms include, but are not limited to:

1. Shouting down anyone who disagrees with them as fascist while simultaneously using fascist tactics to silence them
2. Believing gender exists on a "spectrum" and that more than two exist.
2a. Holding science as the gold standard when it comes to "climate change" while simultaneously throwing science "under a bus" when it comes to gender.
3. Worshipping government as "god".
4. Believing guns cause violence not the individual using them.
5. Screaming for "equal rights" while simultaneously suppressing the rights of others.
5a. Screaming for equal rights, without taking equal responsibility.
6. Last but not least; believing white men, capitalism, and democracy are the root of all the world's problems.

Should you experience any of these symptoms please seek mental help immediately.

Welcome to the clinic, shall we examine your cognitive dissonance symptoms one by one?

1- Composition/division logical fallacy. Generalizing the behavior of a few to the whole group is pure affabulation.

2 and 2a- Science doesn't seem to agree with you.

3- Pure strawman

4- No, the official scientific position is that guns FACILITATE violence and MAGNIFIES the impact of the choices of violence. Having AR-15s legal and at the ready will inevitably lead to higher death counts when the individual using them chooses to go on a killing spree. It MULTIPLIES the death toll. Doesn't take a genius to know it would be multiplied even more, and thus worsen the problem to say have tanks/fighters or even nukes at the ready.

5- Cherry picking constitution amendments isn't an option, either you accept it whole, or you don't. If you accept it for guns, well, you need to accept it for the bill of rights too.

5a- We choose to take responsibility for the gun deaths, you don't... We choose to take responsiblity for bombings leading to refugees, you don't. I could go on and on about a plethora of other responsibilities, like taking responsilibity for homelessness, famines and other problems in a context of plenty ( more than enough for everyone ) etc. Seems to me like we take more responsibilities than you do!

6- Another strawman

Prescription: Laying off the Fox/Breitbart/Alex Jones/etc's kool-aid for at least a few years until complete recovery!

There you go! You got the help you needed, ain't that grand?

1. China shuts down 4,000 websites in purge on 'improper values.' How culturally revolutionary. Sep 24, 2018, 16:18 Simon Says

Coming soon to US shores ( if not there already ), bought from you by Google, Facebook, etc

And yeah... that Chrome move, well, bbye Chrome, Firefox here I come (back).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Samsung Is Planning to Lower Chip Growth to Maintain Prices Sep 21, 2018, 12:49 Simon Says

Because RAM prices are just dandy right? -_-  

2. Something Awful is Getting Sued, And It's All Thanks to Hitler Sep 20, 2018, 20:14 Simon Says

LOL  

16. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 20, 2018, 17:24 Simon Says

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 20, 2018, 13:42:
Bodolza wrote on Sep 20, 2018, 13:19:
Simon Says wrote on Sep 20, 2018, 12:11:
*nods in approval* Thanks!
How ironic. A good part of the article is about people blindly taking the word of random people on the internet. Read the article yourself. Don't be part of the problem.

Part of the problem? He gave a pretty accurate account of the article after reading it myself an hour ago ( when I had the time ). There's no problem here.

On the other hand, when contradicting evidence is presented, I don't see any of YOU guys reading anything.

I read on BOTH positions, do you? Yeah... I thought so...

"Redeye9 reply = Derpy derpy durr"

You really need to get that cognitive dissonance checked

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 20, 2018, 12:11 Simon Says

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 20, 2018, 12:09:
Even if russians were involved in the DMC hacks, as this article strongly seems to suggest, the Democratic Party should take some responsibility for how they handled all of that fallout, and especially for backing the wrong candidate, instead of just pointing fingers.

Boo, fucking, hoo. Cry me a river.

1. No subject Sep 20, 2018, 11:11 Simon Says

TL&DR?  

967 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo