Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Simon Says

Real Name Simon Says   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 12, 2012, 10:27
Total Comments 938 (Graduate)
User ID 57330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Growers Are Beaming Over The Success Of Lasers To Stave Off Thieving Birds. Real men use photon torp Aug 14, 2018, 05:00 Simon Says

Eventually some specie of birds will figure it out, but until then, good!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Space Force Aug 11, 2018, 03:04 Simon Says

Would you like to know more?  

News Comments > Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play
1. Re: Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play Aug 11, 2018, 00:52 Simon Says

Too bad I'm too old now to be competitive... I used to love dominating Q3A and UT using brains and lightning quick reflexes. Map control,
sound awareness, item spawn awareness, baiting with controlled items/map sections, optimizing roaming patterns etc.

Unless they got some bots fun going in the retail build, I think I'll pass. But HAVE FUN KIDS! This is a great game for 35s and younger.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
33. Twitter will not ban InfoWars conspiracy theorist Alex Jones Aug 9, 2018, 01:20 Simon Says

Good  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Venezuela says that assassination attempt against its president was carried out by drone Aug 5, 2018, 20:41 Simon Says

*Venezuela says that assassination attempt against its president was carried out by drone*

Noam Chomsky and others like Chris Hedges called this one years ago. It's the ole' trusty regime change 3 punch knock out move.

Punch 1: Economic warfare on the state and monetary help to right wing opposition ( or military coup in some other countries ) for regime change = Failing...
Punch 2: Regime change through Jackals assassination attempts = Ongoing... If it fails it's punch 3
Punch 3: Direct military intervention for regime change = Pending...&#65279;

Lots of countries went through this in the last decades... Iraq, Lybia, Syria, Yugoslavia, Indonesia, Haiti, Kuwait, Panama, Grenada, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Chile, etc.

Full list

Still ongoing in Venezuela, Yemen, Syria and Iran is showing signs too, still ongoing from 2005 and more recent moves.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Apple is reportedly ditching the iPhone's free headphone jack dongles Aug 4, 2018, 22:45 Simon Says

*Apple is reportedly ditching the iPhone's free headphone jack dongles*

"Courage"

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 24, 2018, 13:00 Simon Says

Boogeyman intensifying...

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

Extraordinary evidence presented so far = big zero.

Are indictements evidence? Nope. Are they meant as a political bluff? Not impossible:
Indictment of 12 Russians: Under the Shiny Wrapping, a Political Act

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
13. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 22, 2018, 11:27 Simon Says

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 22, 2018, 10:57:
your sweatpants are on upside down
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/2/20/17031772/mueller-indictments-grand-jury

Oh yeah... have you even looked at the charges? None are directly related to the Russian Memes and/or the DNC Leak, not a single one of them.

Meanwhile: https://www.newsweek.com/america-arming-world-us-sells-more-weapons-6-months-all-2017-1034926

Distraction working as intended, you're being played.

People from all around the world are laughing at you US citizens.

11. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 22, 2018, 10:37 Simon Says

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 22, 2018, 10:15:
Ivan, did you mean this?
https://www.politico.com/interactives/2018/trump-russia-investigation-ties/

Maybe you missed this;
The Russian Spy Who Infiltrated the NRA Duped a Ton of Conservatives
https://www.gq.com/story/russian-spy-nra-conservatives

-Global economy and people in country X have ties with people in other countries. How could that be possible without collusion? xD

-She has nothing to do with the elections

Neo-McCarthy, remember, there is evidence, there is evidence, there is evidence
If you say it often enough, it becomes true

Carry on not taking into account local evidence pointing to election meddling at the DNC and country wide meddling by US oligarchs through British institution Cambridge Analytica. Harder to sell weapons for a british boogeyman, but that old red-scare, oh yeah, this one sells!

Russiagate is simply a weapon of mass distraction for the Dem base. It's their way of deflecting their election failure hoping they don't have to change their actual policies ( to block the real progressives policies which would hurt the rich donors ), keep being good corporatist puppets, just like the Reps.

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 2018, 10:48.

9. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 22, 2018, 09:50 Simon Says

If someone told me 2 years ago that a few crappy insignificant Russian Memes that practically nobody saw would lead to this... I'd have laughed so hard...

*insert George Carlin front row seat tickets to the freak show joke here*

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 20, 2018, 06:12 Simon Says

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 19, 2018, 21:37:
Anyone still working for that company who hasn't actively been searching for another job deserves whatever happens -- which hopefully will be bankruptcy. Unfortunately, I doubt this small setback is really a significant problem for the company.

I wouldn't worry about that, immoral companies thrive in this system.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
18. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 19, 2018, 09:46 Simon Says

Prez wrote on Jul 19, 2018, 09:42:
I'm not saying that I don't agree that anything related to garbage person Alex Jomes shouldn't be outright banned from Facebook, but it makes me wonder - with Google being a private company as Facebook is, do people also feel that Google has an ethical and moral obligation to block links to his garbage? As much as I don't like blatant lies being consumed as truth by the intellectually challenged masses, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that. The obvious question would be where is the line drawn?

Imho the line should be drawn between public ( social media is public
even tho it is run by private entities ) and private ( personal non-profit, non-state, non-corporate ). What is public shouldn't be censored, especially with big platforms like this, it just gives a few people way too much power as gatekeepers ( same principle as ISPs with net-neutrality ).

Private ( as defined above ) censorship is fine.

17. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 19, 2018, 09:43 Simon Says

Beamer wrote on Jul 19, 2018, 08:29:
This is absurd "bad people on both sides." If you cheat on your girlfriend, yet she ate the last peach, is she wrong to say you're a bad person?

There's no way to compare this to any MSM.

Yes she's wrong, what you can DO can be relatively "bad", but it doesn't mean that you ARE bad ( aka, that everything you do is bad, that bad is your "nature" and you can't be/change or do anything else ).

Yes, it's not comparable, nobody died as a result of Alex Jones ( whom I have no love for ) spewing lies. Millions did over decades as a result of the MSM doing it. I wholeheartedly agree.

You're missing the point Beamer. Just watch the whole 15 mins'ish video instead of going on a strawman and composition/division logical fallacy because it's patently obvious you haven't. If you don't, don't even bother replying.

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2018, 10:08.

12. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 19, 2018, 07:29 Simon Says

"In other words, Facebook will try and stop provably fake news from going viral, but won't ban it."

Which is the best way to deal with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSv3TPYTvyI

This latest wave of complains from the MSM is simply them trying to get other companies to censor their competitors ( in the AD marketplace, same way they did with the 2 previous ADpocalypses ) while at the same time remaining holier than thou and exempt from the fake news measures. And they did and continue to air factually incorrect news from all the way back to the Iraq war until today among the factually correct ones.

It's an attempt at anti-competitive practices against independents on youtube, twitter, facebook, etc.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Maria Butina, Russian gun rights advocate, charged in U.S. with acting as Russian Federation agent Jul 17, 2018, 11:06 Simon Says

Neo-McCarthyism intensifying  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 14, 2018, 01:08 Simon Says

Meanwhile... crickets on Cambridge Analytica... xD  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 10, 2018, 22:36 Simon Says

SirKnight wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 22:28:
Enough is enough! I have had it with these mutha fuckin snakes in this mutha fuckin drive! Everybody strap in. We're about to open some fuckin platters.

xD

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2018, 20:01 Simon Says

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 17:02:
My guess is by the end of next week they will all be seeing sunshine, every kid get's scuba training and a xanbar to calm his nerves and away they go. Option 1 ain't gonna happen because "reasons" and option 3 sounds untenable.

Option 4: Bring as many industrial water pumps to the site as is necessary

But yeah, they'll probably go for option 2.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Why Is There a ‘Gaming Disorder’ But No ‘Smartphone Disorder Jul 3, 2018, 11:45 Simon Says

Or no TV disorder... Before that, radio disorder, before that journal disorder, book disorder, etc...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Would you pay $700, plus a monthly fee, for a digital license plate? Jul 2, 2018, 13:59 Simon Says

WTF is that wasteful shit? Really? Replace an efficient piece of metal with that inefficient resource dump? Wasting even more resources is the "future". LOLLLLL

I class this in the same section as the gold plated toilet seat and that's generous, it's probably MUCH WORSE than gold plated shit.

GTFO

938 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo