Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Simon Says

Real Name Simon Says   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 12, 2012, 10:27
Total Comments 581 (Apprentice)
User ID 57330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Thanksgiving Legal Briefs
5. Re: Thanksgiving Legal Briefs Nov 25, 2016, 07:12 Simon Says

The ends justify the means... Humanity, it seems, is still ignoring a part of reality in order to build some kind of illusion.

What, when, where, who, how and why. Ignore one for the sake of any other(s) and you're running after self-delusion and eventual unavoidable failure.

One can't ignore a part of reality, its impossible. When will we learn and adapt?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
76. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 20, 2016, 04:36 Simon Says

Sooo... release date or still DN4ever wannabe stuck in dev-hell vaporware? Feature lock that shit already or never deliver.&#65279;  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
9. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 13, 2016, 16:47 Simon Says

El Pit wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 13:47:
Maybe Trumperica will do just what democratic countries like Russia and Turkey did: imprison all critical journalists, close every newspaper or tv station that will not follow the government's guidelines, and suddenly there is only one truth and that is forged by the regime government. After all, Putin and The Donald are best friends forever, right? Why not do what his friend did?

Sure... just forget about Abby Martin who was hosting Breaking the Set on Russia Today and who condemned the Russians actions in Crimea/Ukraine. Probably one of the most critical investigative journalist left on the whole world right now. And what did she get for her "insubordination" from RT? Congratulations and the support of the Russian Gov... That's right.

Now remember what happened to the journalists ( Phil Donahue and another one I forgot ) in the US that critized the Irak War? Did they have the support of their employer and the US gov? Nope, they were laid off and lynched in the mainstream media as well as by the public with the US gov not lifting a single finger to help.

Reality check = done.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
111. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 22:53 Simon Says

Relevant more than ever:

Democracy VS Epistocracy

Democracy, the belief that someone's ignorance is just as relevant as someone else's knowledge and that what is, majority-wise, held as right, is right. Appeal to the masses logical fallacy much.

In the current context of widespread idiocracy, democracy is a grotesque farce.

96. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 20:42 Simon Says

JoeCool wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 20:30:
Simon Says wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 20:27:
trump-picks-top-climate-skeptic-to-lead-epa-transition

And thus it begins... brace yourselves, dark ages science denialism and witch hunts are coming, and winter too.

Good, "climate change" alarmism is more politics than actual science. I also look forward to pulling out of the paris treaty.

Reality check

91. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 20:27 Simon Says

trump-picks-top-climate-skeptic-to-lead-epa-transition

And thus it begins... brace yourselves, dark ages science denialism and witch hunts are coming, and winter too.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 1, 2016, 10:46 Simon Says

I wouldn't sweat if I was her, there has been a review of the law when it passed, it has no teeth at all. All they can do is pester you with notices and pray that you shit your pants and submit, more or less.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 28, 2016, 09:45 Simon Says

What he said... I used to sit at 1 feet and a half from my monitor ( and closer when leaning in ), so that 21.5 inch @ 4k is at optimal visual acuity distance with these specs according to this calculator: https://stari.co/tv-monitor-viewing-distance-calculator

Same for the 5k 27 inch panel @ 5k.

Right now I sit @ 2 feet ( closer when leaning in ), so optimal would be 4k @ 29 to 32 inch.

"The Ideal Viewing Distance based on Visual Acuity. This distance is calculated based on the reference resolving power of the eyes. The human eye with 20/20 vision can detect or resolve details as small as 1/60th of a degree of arc. This distance represents the point beyond which some details in the picture are no longer able to be resolved, so pixels begin to blend together. Closer to the screen than this may result in the need for higher resolution display. This value should be lowered if visual acuity is worst then 20/20, raised if visual acuity is better."

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 22, 2016, 01:39 Simon Says

Flo wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 11:59:
PS4 Pro Has Extra 1GB of RAM.
Welcome, console players, welcome to the hardware upgrade race
I thought developers were not allowed to release games exclusive to the pro version but let's not kid ourselves,
original PS4 owners will be second-class citizens.

Find the answer to that question: What's the average difference in VRAM usage between a game running @ 1080p and the same game running circa 4k ( 1800p it seems for PS4 Pro most titles )?

Could it be 1 gig? WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT?! Rolleyes

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
47. Re: Nintendo Switch Announced Oct 20, 2016, 23:04 Simon Says

This looks like a recipe for disaster... but heh, wish em all the luck.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2016, 17:13 Simon Says

Luke wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 06:03:
And then it get to your Local isp and it drops to 500kb Book

With a 20gb data cap

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 12, 2016, 12:57 Simon Says

Tom wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 00:28:
Simon Says wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 23:41:
All of this could have easily been avoided and/or easily fixed had the battery been replaceable. All smartphone makers using non-replaceable batteries are playing with fire, litteraly.
Clearly the problem here is TOO MUCH GOVERNMENT REGULATION. We need to relieve these corporations of the onerous burden of regulatory compliance so the money they're wasting on that can be put to better use manufacturing more responsible designs.

Did I get that right?

No

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 11, 2016, 23:56 Simon Says

EDIT: nvm  

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 11, 2016, 23:41 Simon Says

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 20:29:
I wonder if there is a recycling plan for those million tons of resources wasted in making the Note 7

LOLL, its the least of their concerns. The battery is at fault it seems from what I gathered. The pouch is glued to the phone. Old replaceable batteries were much easier to not only recover, but also recycle. The pouch types are too fragile and burst into flames at the slightest manipulation error.

Quote: "The CEO of a large recycling company recently told me dismantlers deal with battery fires about once a week. Just last year, a facility in Pennsylvania burned for two days. It was the facilities third major fire in four years. This isn’t a problem with irresponsible recyclers. It is a problem with irresponsible manufacturers. Chasing slimmer phones and higher profits, manufacturers keep gluing tiny incendiary devices into their devices."

All of this could have easily been avoided and/or easily fixed had the battery been replaceable. All smartphone makers using non-replaceable batteries are playing with fire, litteraly.

Source: https://www.wired.com/2016/10/samsung-exploding-note-7/

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 11, 2016, 13:19 Simon Says

That wired article, a-fucking-men  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. No subject Oct 10, 2016, 15:20 Simon Says

Lol @ Clinton being forgainst Net Neutrality.

Add that to the list of:

-Forgainst fracking.
-Forgainst big "whatever corps".
-Forgainst NAFTA/DOMA/TPP/TTIP etc.
-Forgainst repealing glass steagal.
-Forgainst citizens united.

And the least goes on and on.

Shit I wouldn't want to be in your shoes southern neighbors. On one hand you have that idiot clown fart Trump, on the other you have that lying duplicitous and possibly criminal Clinton who is for something when it suits her interests when talking to one group and then against it when its suits her interests when talking to another group and vice versa.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
7. Re: New GeForce Drivers Oct 7, 2016, 18:49 Simon Says

Avoid like the plague:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgMvkRDb9Q0

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 7, 2016, 10:19 Simon Says

" 'corrupt' "  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
15. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 25, 2016, 16:44 Simon Says

I was expecting at least 1 comment about third parties... but no, not even an allusion. So I guess it means that stupidity ( Trump ) as well as corruption ( Clinton ) will be normalized. At this rate the next candidates will be able to display both and the US citizens will still vote for them, mostly ignoring the third parties.

Shit, you guys really deserve that idiocracy thing going on lately.

Camacho for prez bitches, or heck Vermin Supreme, ponies for everyone!

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 23, 2016, 01:51 Simon Says

In other news:

Nestlé president continues to insist that access to water isn't a right.

581 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo