Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Simon Says

Real Name Simon Says   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 12, 2012, 10:27
Total Comments 1601 (Pro)
User ID 57330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2019, 22:17 Simon Says

NKD wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 12:41:
First episode of The Mandalorian was good, IMO. Definitely feels like a western.

It was surprisingly good so far, but I have to disagree on the "western feel". I can't stand westerns and anything even close to western'ish, even western'ish sci-fi, like that firefly serie I never could get into and never could understand how anyone could get into, yet I actually like this so far.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2019, 11:33 Simon Says

Got 1 174 714 735 here

News Comments > Diablo IV Leak Revisited

2. Re: Diablo IV Leak Revisited Nov 11, 2019, 13:12 Simon Says

"Diablo IV will be the new era for Diablo and will be a game as a service."

*WARNING WARNING WARNING*

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 11, 2019, 11:01 Simon Says

"Play store apps to be scanned for malware"

Well, more than a decade too late is better than never I guess. Should've been built in from the start.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2019, 10:58 Simon Says

Yay for the ants escape from the gulag!  

News Comments > Saturday Previews

2. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 9, 2019, 15:18 Simon Says

Certainly better than D3, but it's hardly dark. Even in the darkest area, you can see all the way to the edge of the screen... The devs need to replay D1-2. The claustrophobic vibe when you could hardly see around you in some areas because your torch would just light a small circle around you is not there at all.

Mods could resolve this, but heh, can't mod an online game now can you?

News Comments > etc.

5. Re: etc. Nov 8, 2019, 17:32 Simon Says

Not the micro-transactions that worries me... It's the all platforms cross-play :/, I was wondering why the controls seemed to be dumbed down in the teaser preview, now I know.

Diablo 3 on PC allows for virtuosity in the controls, consoles do not. If they want an equal playing field, say bbye to PC virtuosity.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 8, 2019, 08:22 Simon Says

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 19:14:
I am seriously considering going AMD for my next build however things like this does not make me all confident in getting AMD

Strange that all the other games run just fine. It's almost as if it was a shitty port problem...

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 7, 2019, 18:48 Simon Says

Rigs wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 17:54:
I understand the angle you're coming from but I'm not too worried about it, to be totally honest. I do appreciate the advice and different point of view, though. I can pop in something all the way to an i9-9900k in the future, should I so choose.

Compared to the possibility of popping in a cheap second hand 3950x... yeah... Still would've been way better off on AM4 IMHO.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 7, 2019, 14:59 Simon Says

Rigs wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 14:05:
Now I run a Core i5-9400f

Ouch... You're not gonna run that 10 years, not even 5. You would've went a lot farther even with a 2nd gen Ryzen 2600. The 6c/6t CFL chips have been maxed out for a year now while there's still plenty of breathing room on the 6c/12t.

News Comments > etc.

2. Hereís why Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order wonít let you dismember stormtroopers Nov 6, 2019, 11:23 Simon Says

BS, reason is Disney

General Discussion > New layout zoom bug

10. Re: New layout zoom bug Nov 6, 2019, 11:10 Simon Says

Alright, still I hope I'll see the ads poping back eventually. I want this site to keep going, so unless Bluesnews gets on patreon or something, ads are it.

I'll keep you updated, cheers and have a nice day!

7. Re: New layout zoom bug Nov 6, 2019, 09:29 Simon Says

Frans wrote on Nov 6, 2019, 08:48:
Simon Says wrote on Nov 6, 2019, 08:39:
Ok, i'll be keeping an eye out when the actual ads do pop up, I don't have a blocker on atm.
You may also have to accept some of the categories (like ad selection) in the consent pop-up in order to see (more) ads - see Manage Cookie Settings in the footer. But I believe there's also more work to be done at the ad provider's end, and campaigns can also be targeted at specific regions with no ad showing up elsewhere. I dunno how that'll work out in the longer term, just wait and see.

Left or right clicking on "Manage Cookie Settings" does nothing. Seems there's no link on it. Tried in Brave, Edge and Firefox, nothing.

5. Re: New layout zoom bug Nov 6, 2019, 08:39 Simon Says

Frans wrote on Nov 6, 2019, 08:17:
Simon Says wrote on Nov 6, 2019, 07:31:
The horizontally allowed reading space decreases as you zoom in, in the old scheme, the text spanned the entire width of the page below the ads on the top right.

Was trying to get the old look back by zooming in so the text covers the entire width of the screen and found that zooming in had the opposite effect that it has on most other websites. Hence the "bug".

See this for a visual explanation: https://imgur.com/a/A4amwqA
Thanks for the clarification, but as explained by Blue, there are some changes in the layout and "some new ad units to help keep the lights on", and this ad column going down all the way to the footer is by design. It can contain a 300px wide ad that sticks to the top-right corner of the window while scrolling down, and the free column prevents it from overlapping content.

Because of the responsive design, this column always stays at 300px regardless of window width or zoom factor, and there should never be a horizontal scroll bar either. I think the column widens when zooming in because the browser also zooms in on the (potential) ad image.

Ok, i'll be keeping an eye out when the actual ads do pop up, I don't have a blocker on atm.

3. Re: New layout zoom bug Nov 6, 2019, 07:31 Simon Says

Just tested in Edge and Firefox, same problem.

The horizontally allowed reading space decreases as you zoom in, in the old scheme, the text spanned the entire width of the page below the ads on the top right.

Was trying to get the old look back by zooming in so the text covers the entire width of the screen and found that zooming in had the opposite effect that it has on most other websites. Hence the "bug".

See this for a visual explanation: https://imgur.com/a/A4amwqA

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Troubleshooting Includes Launcher Patch

11. Re: Red Dead Redemption Troubleshooting Includes Launcher Patch Nov 6, 2019, 07:07 Simon Says

No key remapping... Utter unoptimized crap -_- palm -> face

Rockshit did it again with their abyssal port suffering from acute consolitis.

Heck even after how many years? GTA V still relatively runs like crap. Not holding my breath for this one either.

Just imagine if it was a PC first game, people would be up in arms! But, since it's a Rock* game that people had to wait one year to play after the console release, no it's fine, they'll buy it, play and not raise a ruckus one bit since they consider themselves lucky after a long wait.

I swear Rock* does it on purpose, release a craptastic port a bit late knowing nobody won't say a thing cause they're just happy to finally be able to play it, even if the experience is crap, they'll still buy it, so F'em PC gamers.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC

53. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC Nov 6, 2019, 07:03 Simon Says

No key remapping... Utter unoptimized crap -_- palm -> face

Rockshit did it again with their abyssal port suffering from acute consolitis.

Heck even after how many years? GTA V still relatively runs like crap. Not holding my breath for this one either.

1. New layout zoom bug Nov 6, 2019, 06:03 Simon Says

https://imgur.com/a/NwEmDCB

Notice anything? Zooming is bugged. Zooming out horizontally expands the readable area ( see 75% ), while zooming in contracts it ( see 150% ).

It should be the other way around, I can't horizontally fill my screen with text anymore now by zooming in. It's a bit annoying.

On the bright side, retro colors working without having had to purge cookies and it's super readable on a smartphone so yay \o/!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2019, 15:38 Simon Says

How do you delete that "style" cookie? Just delete all bluesnews.com cookies?

News Comments > Morning Previews

6. Re: Morning Previews Nov 4, 2019, 15:05 Simon Says

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 12:33:
Diablo 4ís world is grim, and filled with people who need you

Hong Kong is grim, and filled with people who need you

Chile is grim, and filled with people who need you

1601 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >