Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Simon Says

Real Name Simon Says   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 12, 2012, 10:27
Total Comments 1710 (Pro)
User ID 57330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2020, 15:08 Simon Says

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 17, 2020, 14:08:
Star Trek can easily find a way forward by ignoring the 50-70 year olds who are constantly bitching about everything. Chart a new way forward and gain new fans. Keep the bones around but flesh them differently. Worked to great effect for the BSG reboot.

Except BSG reboot was great edgy intellectual tension drama, Nu-Trek is pure mainstream exhausting emotional ride action ADHD crap.

They're polar opposites. The first is sci-fi at its best recipe, the second is sci-fi at its worst recipe.

BTW, FYI: I'm 39, but even if I were older, age would still be irrelevant, just like identity politics.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Can ‘Star Trek’ Chart a Way Forward Jan 17, 2020, 12:28 Simon Says

I wonder why it seems like such a headache for CBS and co. There are countless great, fan community pre-approved novels with stories taking place after Nemesis that are just ripe for TV adaptation and they could easily be expanded upon.

Destiny, Typhoon Pact, Titan, Voyager/DS9 followups and the list goes on and on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Trek_novels

Quote from the article:

“If you feel that each piece is handcrafted with care, then I think people really appreciate it,” said Alex Kurtzman, an executive producer of the many new “Star Trek” series. “If you feel like a universe is being shoved down your throat for speed and dollars, there’s no faster way to lose an audience.”

It seems he isn't even aware that he's been doing the second, not the first, ever since the Kelvin fiasco.

I'll reserve my judgement for Picard when it is released, but such a clueless statement disconnected from reality doesn't reassure me one bit.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2020, 12:46 Simon Says

You don't really need a new SSD, just delete your partitions on your SSD with the win 10 installation tool, create new partition, install on it, wam bam, you're in business.

News Comments > Evening Interviews

3. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 15, 2020, 21:00 Simon Says

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jan 15, 2020, 20:03:
Clearly you did not try to play Half-Life 2 the night it was released.

Not the same kind of problem and it was fixed pretty quickly. How long has it been since Stadia's release?

Apples and oranges.

News Comments > Evening Patches

1. Toss a Coin to Your Witcher - Mod Adds Song to The Witcher 3, More From the Show Coming Soon Jan 15, 2020, 20:00 Simon Says

LINK to mod not included in article.

News Comments > Evening Interviews

1. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 15, 2020, 19:36 Simon Says

No it's not, even in the early days of Steam, games worked as they should and there wasn't an input lag problem, nor a visual quality problem from video compression.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 15, 2020, 17:44 Simon Says

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 15, 2020, 12:21:
Ouch
full name, address, social-security number, date of birth, phone number
Along with scans of their passport, driving license, credit card and birth certificate

Bloody fucking hell, that's not "intimate details", that's IDENTITY THEFT material.

27. Re: Sex delays menopause, study finds. Jan 15, 2020, 15:28 Simon Says

Beamer wrote on Jan 15, 2020, 12:39:
Out of curiosity, how long does everyone here tend to keep their PC?

Used to be 4 years, then the i7-870 lasted 8. Probably gonna be the same story with the i7-8700.

i7-870 couldn't tolerate Win 10 well, I had DPC latency issues, so I re-installed Win7 until I got the i7-8700. I heard Sandy Bridge fares much better tho. But anything older than Sandy Bridge, you better upgrade your PC or stick to Windows 7/8.1.

News Comments > etc.

7. Re: Dev says game started selling 400% better on Steam after releasing torrent Jan 14, 2020, 15:54 Simon Says

Beamer wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 15:50:
Good citations!

Hey, I wore a red jacket for the first time yesterday and it didn't rain. I suppose, then, there are numerous studies that prove that me wearing a red jacket prevents rain.

Rolleyes

You want me to provide citations too for gravity, how about climate change? Sphere earth?

I used to 10 years ago, if you haven't got up to speed in 10 years, mommy's not gonna breastfeed you, you're a big boy now, act like it. *winks*

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 14, 2020, 14:56 Simon Says

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 11:20:
While the shooting and deaths of American servicemembers is undeniably tragic, I hope Apple tells them "Not only no but HELL NO! Also, fuck off while you're at it."

Government mandated backdoors in to encryption means that encryption becomes worthless.

/thread

News Comments > etc.

4. Re: Dev says game started selling 400% better on Steam after releasing torrent Jan 14, 2020, 14:54 Simon Says

Beamer wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 12:29:
Simon Says wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 12:14:
Queue publishers in deep denial:

"BUT MUH LOST SALES!"

Think a bit harder here.

( ... )

How do you think this applies to AAA titles?

No it's not an isolated case. Numerous studies have been conducted on this subject, consensus was overwhelming, personal copies, of any game, no matter it's popularity, translated to more sales, not less sales, and the "lost sales" were always lower than the sales gained from the process.

This has been a case closed for more than a decade, I wonder why people would still argue otherwise.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year

40. Re: Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year Jan 14, 2020, 13:34 Simon Says

FTFY

jdreyer wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 13:30:
I'm boycotting EGS because I won't fall for the classic scam of saying one thing ( we want more competition ) while doing the exact opposite ( anti-competitive practices ) supposedly in the name of first

Got caught once by this kind of scam so shame on me... but I'm never gonna get caught again.

You want to get caught a fool, be my guest.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year

16. Re: Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year Jan 14, 2020, 12:25 Simon Says

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 12:04:
Simon Says wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 12:00:
FTFY

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 11:12:
Moar bribes.

Bribes implies something illegal occurred. And we all no there was no such thing. It’s weird that you’d think such a thing.

It's not about legality. You once had some really amazing crap legal, slavery, jew genocide, etc.

It's about morality/ethics and their supposed "pro-competitive practices". Giving away free stuff to hook people isn't competition, it's what drug pushers do.

News Comments > etc.

1. Dev says game started selling 400% better on Steam after releasing torrent Jan 14, 2020, 12:14 Simon Says

Queue publishers in deep denial:

"BUT MUH LOST SALES!"

3. Star Trek TV Universe Set to Expand With Two More Live-Action Series on Deck, Says Alex Kurtzma Jan 14, 2020, 12:06 Simon Says

Intro starting: ( ... )
"To greedily milk and saturate the way capitalism has done a umpteenth times before" *rubs hands and smiles like a Ferengi* *woosh*

Gene spinning in his grave must be generating enough power for the warp drive of the original Enterprise right now.

8. Re: Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year Jan 14, 2020, 12:00 Simon Says

FTFY

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 11:12:
Moar bribes.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

3. Cookie consent tools are undermining GDPR Jan 14, 2020, 08:55 Simon Says

No shit you have to click a thousand hundred times ( exagerating ofc ) to opt-out of all the shit.

Either have opt-out as default and just click "save", 1 click, or a "refuse all" button that also saves the thing and closes the annoying pop-up.

But nooo, you are opted in by default and need to click everywhere to turn them all off -_-

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2020, 12:30 Simon Says

Nice experience indeed, I've had those a few times

News Comments > etc.

1. Modders Build Entire Harry Potter World in Minecraft Jan 13, 2020, 12:19 Simon Says

I just wet my Loony Lovegood panties...

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization

8. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 13, 2020, 10:25 Simon Says

Nimh wrote on Jan 13, 2020, 08:20:
(Is this limited to their flagship models only?)

No idea...

1710 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >