Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 891 (Graduate)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Take-Two Interactive Results
7. Re: Take-Two Interactive Results Aug 3, 2017, 18:57 Suppa7

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 16:08:
Dangle, dangle, dangle... and the stupid hypnotized carrot-loving PC lemmings will do whatever R* orders them to do.

Most gamers are stupid it's not the platform you game on, it's the fact that the average gamer is technology illiterate. When the game industry found out the average person is stupid it was over.

The stupidity of the average human being is the issue, there of plenty of people who didn't buy into drm, or steam, or mmo's but the average person on our planet is stupid weak and idiotically slave like.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Descent: Underground Demo
25. Re: Descent: Underground Demo Aug 1, 2017, 02:17 Suppa7

Hacks trying to cash in on the descent name, it's too bad the underground kickstarted first and that they got more cash then overload did on the name.

Overload kickstarter barely reached its goal, proof that marketing and name recognition go along way, 600K for UG vs 300K for Overload Kickstarter wise.

UG deserves to fail.

News Comments > EA on Game Streaming
14. Re: EA on Game Streaming Jul 29, 2017, 10:08 Suppa7

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 20:01:
These people live in la la land, I can't imagine anyone subscribing to streaming when most of it is free now.

LOL what do you think mmo's are? They are a streamed game - aka a game requiring you to be online, thats essentially a first generation streaming game.

The fact that steam is now used as a wrapper around many games for their multiplayer to even function is another example. AKA games by and large are not self contained like the days of the 90's with quake/doom/etc because the average gamer is a moron.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 13, 2017, 15:59 Suppa7

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 13, 2017, 11:32:
The Castlevania on netflix was actually pretty awesome.

I hate Japanamation for the most part where they over emote things. It's exactly why I don't play JRPGs/final fantasy etc..

I can't say it's awesome, it's rather mediocre. The first ep is the strongest so far it looks like it's going to deflate. The people behind castlevania feel very inexperienced.

News Comments > Strike Vector EX Open Beta
2. Re: Strike Vector EX Open Beta Jul 9, 2017, 06:42 Suppa7

Hump wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 17:56:
The original demanded a huge amount of skill and reflexes. I tried for 2 days but I never got a single kill.

Brutal.

Indeed, I told them the controls of the ship were balls and they needed to go play some descent. The way the ship turned when you flew at high speed was gay. A game like that doesn't need pseudo-realistic physics it needs a physics that makes the game enjoyable.

Overload is made by the guys of the original descent, if you haven't checked it out keep an eye on it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/448850/Overload/

News Comments > New Mass Effect: Andromeda Difficulty Level Teased
9. Re: Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled Jul 6, 2017, 05:30 Suppa7

Rigs wrote on Jul 5, 2017, 21:59:

It's...(god, I can't believe I'm saying this)...boring.

=-Rigs-=

That's because it is, just watch someone else's play-through on you-tube and skip to the story parts. You don't need to play the game with kids basically recording their entire play-through then uploading it to youtube.

ME1 had a great world and story but shit gameplay, ME2 had great gameplay and a well executed 'story' but the story lost any sense of cohesion or logic (aka kidnapping inferior humans to make reapers out of their guts).

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered on August 14; Price Revealed
27. Re: StarCraft Remastered on August 14; Price Revealed Jul 1, 2017, 22:15 Suppa7

El Pit wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 04:53:
So, they are selling a mod for $15. And it is alright. But if some people dare to sell their mods for e.g. Skyrim- OUTRAGE. BLASPHEMY. BRING OUT THE PITCHFORKS.

Uhh there's a huge difference, skyrim had free mods before paid mods and also paids mods is just another way for companies to get rid of your rights to own and use the game you paid for... aka having lawyers come down on game modders is fucking disgusting and we're already seeing it with GTA. Not to mention blizzard brow beating world of warcraft private servers.

You and most gamers are dumb - the fact that mmo's, steam and always online drm are coming in all new properties is just fucking disgusting.

I never would have imagined PC gaming becoming such a shitshow just because mmo's got off the ground now every game is trying to become server locked and they are removing the last of your rights to own anything you pay for while everyone just has corporate dick in their mouths and sucking it while they basically ruin the fun we had in the 90's with free level editors, skins, etc.

They want to lock down culture and extract tribute. Shit's disgusting.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto OpenIV Returns
5. Re: Grand Theft Auto OpenIV Returns Jun 24, 2017, 15:17 Suppa7

NetHead wrote on Jun 24, 2017, 11:05:
You'd think by now, long before now, the companies, bean counter and other suits doing game "design" and making decisions at these big places would realise that mod support official or not helps their games sell because it helps create a community and fans, benefiting the entire franchise and more.

Man you are pretty clueless. Once gamers bought into Steam and mmo's, they emboldened the corporate world to take software away from running on your computer. The fact is the average gamer is dumb as a bag of hammers.

Many modern games are cut into two pieces and part of the code his held hostage on a computer at corporate HQ to function. Most gamers are computer illiterate and stupid as to how the corporate world works.

Corporations are not your friends, they will do any criminal/underhanded thing if they believe it will make them more money.

The last 20 years have one of your rights being taken away and the entire software ecosystem being re-engineered so you have no rights to the product you are buying.

News Comments > Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans?
20. Re: Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans? Jun 16, 2017, 21:38 Suppa7

Xero wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 21:04:
Damn. Mixed thoughts on that. Obviously a remaster of Warcraft 3 would just be support for modern resolutions with not much to graphic enhance it outside of some lightly noticeable lighting changes. IF they go that far with it.

I was honestly still hoping on a true Warcraft 4 using more a long the lines of the Heroes of the Storm engine. I mean Warcraft 3 was the strategy game of my time, but I'm not sure I really want to return back to it. 8 years straight of being installed and playing it daily, don't know if I need to go back to it now.

I think it's more they want to test the waters of their new employee's and break them in with HD updates so get a sense of whether they're capable of doing a real sequel, since the original developers of these games are long since gone and team composition matters. As we've seen with the clusterfuck that was diablo 3 on release by a new team.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 14, 2017, 14:04 Suppa7

Icewind wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 12:12:
Well of course we could've had cellphones earlier.

These stupid retrospectives are idiotic, since the world works on the laws of nature and there is no freedom. Speaking about what "could have been" is a bit of a farce, if it was possible it would have already happened. So "no" you couldn't have had cell phones earlier. That's like saying if we lived in another universe we could have had cell phones earlier. A total non sequitor.

News Comments > Tyranny: Bastard's Wound Announced
3. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 14, 2017, 11:04 Suppa7

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 09:50:
Anyone tried Tyranny? I must not have even noticed it when it was released. Looks kinda interesting.

The problem is the game is rushed. The game really isn't worth the money because it is so short and it's just feels like a cash in after the kickstarter madness every old developer thought meant they could simply easily cash in by making half baked old CRPG's.

There was an article complaining about how tyranny didn't sell as well as they wanted, well that's because oldstyle CRPG's never had a huge market outside of big names like baldurs gate. It's like developers forgot all the flops in that era - planescape was critically acclaimed but ultimately a commercial failure in the sense it only barely made a profit / broke even. Why they think they can just clone the oldschool rpg's without bringing anything fresh to the table for easy profits is just more evidence of the stupidity of the game industry. Like lemmings following each other off a cliff without a clue what gamers want.

Reality was infinity engine rpg's were carried hard by the fact there was no competition back then so many old devleopers don't really understand that those games had many bad aspects - like the combat in old infinity engine rpg's was just bad. The story/forgotten realms property was the only thing holding baldurs gate together. Planescape was really more of a D&D novel in videogame form.

Planescapes own developer thought the combat was weak in those old rpg's. The fact that obsidian thinks they can just clone the shitty rpg combat engines of old bioware games just baffles.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free Week
5. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Week Jun 12, 2017, 14:39 Suppa7

DangerDog wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 14:18:
Call of Duty with mechs on small maps just doesn't seem to be a winning formula.

The whole idea of titan fall would be cool if it wasn't made by infinity ward, aka people with fresh eyes. Titan fall really is Call of duty in infinity wards bad sci-fi coat of paint. They just can't do any kind of believable sci-fi world tragically. I wasn't really impressed by the talking AI bot they had during the trial that you could mount/ride. IT really didn't feel like a mech and just a really tall player model. There wasn't any real weight or heft like in say a game like traditional mechwarriors.

4. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Week Jun 12, 2017, 14:36 Suppa7

DangerDog wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 14:18:
I think the day of hard core modding is pretty much over,

Right... skyrim and other mods for games like final fantasy 7 and what not kinda disagree there. People are still modding games despite how difficult developers have made it. I don't buy the argument "it's too complex" when whole game modes like CS, threewave and rocket arena were developed.

The whole problem is lack of tools being released to make these games to the public which is holding back tool development and modding generally.

2. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Week Jun 12, 2017, 12:16 Suppa7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 12:11:
Well, that's good, but I already uninstalled to make room for RPGs/Open World single player games.

I'm starting to think small team(6 v 6, etc.) FPS games are inherently flawed/end up being more annoying than fun. One teammate screwing around ruins the entire match, whereas at least in large scale BF type games, you can have a few jokers goofing off without ruining the server.

I picked up Titanfall, the problem is Titan fall just is too much like Call of duty /w a really cheezy coat of sci-fi paint. You can really tell infinity ward makes it. I tried the game on the free weekend and it I wasn't too impressed. It's everything wrong with modern fps design. It's too bad quake champions went f2p and in the entirely wrong direction. I'd really like to see a return of traditional fps design where users have full level editing and game modding tools. Without that FPS is just stagnating under the weight of AAA developers who are sucking the fun out of the genre with stale conservative releases.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions
9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions Jun 11, 2017, 23:21 Suppa7

thecakeisalie wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 20:39:
Anyone pre-ordering this game deserves whatever pay-to-win bullshit EA cooks up. Seriously people, stop supporting microtransactions in full price games already.

That ship sailed long ago, as soon as people bought into the first drm'd game (mmo's, a game with a subscription you don't own). Everything else was inevitable. MMO's proved the average gamer is a technology illiterate moron. MMO's paved the ways for steam and always online drm in diablo 3.

News Comments > Need for Speed Payback Announced
16. Re: Need for Speed Payback Announced Jun 3, 2017, 06:55 Suppa7

Rigs wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 02:38:
Then Porsche Unleashed comes around trying to be another NFS2/4 but with some sim elements thrown in

Porsche unleashed is it's own game unto itself, consider what it felt like to drive the old 60's or 59 porches those old awful looking clunkers! If you didn't immediately smile upon the god awful grandmotherly speed of those cars you wouldn't get what the team of PU was trying to do.

I can't stand games with bad car physics, like Shift and Shift 2. PU was one of the last best semi-arcade racers with decent car feel when driving it.

'true racing' games like NASCAR or Indy 500 are not my cup of tea, since I game primarily for fun and driving around in circles for so many laps isn't all that.

Not that need for speed hasn't had it's own issues, I'd really like to combine Next car games stunt demo with the NFS franchise, where you take the things we used to imagine with play cars as kids and put them in an actual game. AKA cars doing ridiculous _not real physics_ things, jumps, etc.

Trying to go back to fast and the furious is a bit lame unless they actually add interesting things to do instead of just rehash what came before.

I loved just drifting downhill in UG2.

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2017, 07:23.

News Comments > Need for Speed Payback Announced
14. Re: Need for Speed Payback Announced Jun 3, 2017, 02:20 Suppa7

Rigs wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 01:09:
Everyone always says that 'Porsche Unleashed' was the pinnacle of NFS and that it's been all downhill since. To be honest, I never really cared for Porsche Unleashed'!

Porsche unleashed was a gift to those of us who can appreciate what the PU team was trying to do, they were going for "driving" and the feel of driving an actual car with real cars. They wanted a balance between arcade and pure simulation. So if you don't simply like driving and appreciate the quality of the car physics you won't get "porsche unleashed" since it's a gift to those who like to drive for drivings sake and not just pure adrenaline all the time.

The best NFS games were NFS 2 (specifically multiplayer), NFS 3, NFS HP 2, NFS underground 1 + 2 and Most wanted 2005.

NFS UG1 and, porsche unleashed and Most wanted 2005 are among the best nfs arcade racers, NFS 3 the original is a little dated because driving physics in the black box games was so much better. Most wanted 2005 being the pinnacle of blackbox's car physics.

Need for speed world had some interesting game modes since the source code and game was just most wanted /w modifications. Team escape was pretty damn awesome in multiplayer and the powerups were not a bad idea even if they didn't get them quite right.

News Comments > Old Steam Forums Closing
4. Re: Old Steam Forums Closing May 30, 2017, 23:53 Suppa7

Creston wrote on May 30, 2017, 22:40:
But that would seem like customer service, and apparently Gabe & Co are deathly fucking allergic to that concept.

LOL you're talking about gabe newell, the man who trojan horsed his way to a billion dollar steam store by basically stealing game ownership of half-life / CS by inserting DRM into it to get an "instant market" for his big plan to sell games and spy on his own customers by forcing drm crapware into every fucking game.

The man is a fucking menace not some savior of gaming, valve was always fucking evil and the drm into half-life proved it. Gabe newell was a former microsoft executive who's motto was "extend, embrace, extinguish"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace%2C_extend_and_extinguish

News Comments > On Destiny 2 Networking
16. Re: On Destiny 2 Networking May 28, 2017, 01:19 Suppa7

[quote="HoSpanky"May 27, 2017, 22:57"15603uake and Unreal had NO persistent data. Any game with persistent characters CAN'T let people run their own servers. The very first thing that would happen is there'd be "get all legendary gear in 3 seconds!" servers.
LOL, they are not mutually exclusive. Diablo 2 had open and closed b.net for those who wanted no cheating, but people still found a way to cheat in closed b.net. "persistant data" is just more marketing speak to convince people like you to drm games permanently under selling you the "benefits" of "cheat free" gameplay.

News Comments > On Destiny 2 Networking
8. Re: On Destiny 2 Networking May 27, 2017, 15:18 Suppa7

Creston wrote on May 27, 2017, 14:15:
What's the tradeoff for client-server, exactly? That it works great and everyone has a smooth match?

Oh wait, cost-benefit analysis. So you ARE trying to save money.

The whole thing is bullshit PR, anyone who knows how computers work know there is no reason not to give players control of servers. Quake and unreal had dedicated servers BUILT into the fucking game. But once game companies realized the average gamer is a fucking moron we got this shit of company controlled servers because the average gamer is grade A fucking tech illiterate.

891 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo