Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 900 (Graduate)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced
40. Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 24, 2017, 00:04 Suppa7

DangerDog wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 17:41:
Don't fear the UWP, embrace it.

I believe they've made changes to MS store apps/programs and you can choose where you want to install them. That was probably the biggest issue with it that I had. They still need to work on that whole backup and restore UWP programs though, it can be done but is way too many steps.

Kind of hard to defend the whole lack of access to files for modding when many other forms of copy protection are tamper proof, like the ones used on the new DOOM for example.

You're exactly the kind of moron we don't need, why not just stuff balls of corporations in your mouth jesus.

Here's the problem you numnuts: There is no free market in gaming, free market theory is a lie. The idea that people like you and the average human being are intelligent enough to qualify to be a free market participant is bullshit.

The reason we have denuvo was because of the idiots who bought mmo's - a trial balloon to reshape game culture to accept corporate control of software.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Mei Trailer
3. Re: Overwatch Mei Trailer Aug 23, 2017, 23:41 Suppa7

Phasenoise wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 19:52:
I watched the livestream, and it was just filled with people saying "thicc".

No other points were made.

Overwatch is largely targeted at kids and americans are some of the most dumbest consumers on the planet. Shows in the livestream.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior (2013) Free; New Shadow Warrior 2 DLC
11. Re: Shadow Warrior (2013) Free; New Shadow Warrior 2 DLC Aug 23, 2017, 12:56 Suppa7

Ant wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 11:12:
I read that Ubisoft shut the WiC servers down.

That's what gamers get for not being discerning consumers. The more server locked ridden crap gamers buy the more shit like this is going to happen.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior (2013) Free; New Shadow Warrior 2 DLC
10. Re: Shadow Warrior (2013) Free; New Shadow Warrior 2 DLC Aug 23, 2017, 12:10 Suppa7

Asmodai wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 20:26:
SW1 was worth it though, and SW2 is as well.

SW2 is fun but I worry it's a sign they are trying to cut corners and cheap out on the development. SW2 was fun but it felt way more like a mod then a full game because you can see they were trying to make the development of the game easier by cutting it into pieces.

News Comments > Quake Champions Early Access
10. Re: Quake Champions Early Access Aug 23, 2017, 11:17 Suppa7

Flo wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 09:07:
No, they said that all future champions will be free if you buy the full pack.

Man watching gamers fall over themselves for this centralised corporate fraudulent shit is disturbing. So many games now are drm infested micro-transaction pieces of shit. We're going to have a giant hole in gaming history.

News Comments > Quake Champions Early Access Next Week
17. Re: Quake Champions Early Access Next Week Aug 18, 2017, 18:23 Suppa7

Prez wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 16:06:
I actually liked Doom 3. I think the biggest reason most gamers didn't is that it eschewed the balls to the walls action FPS gameplay of the originals.

That's part of it, the other part is - doom 3 is not how we imagined doom. The hollywood aesthetic vs the hand crafted pixel art. Doom 2016 tries to respect doom 2's aesthetic, doom 3 shit all over that. I liked how the team had the courage to trash their call of duty version of doom 2016 and not put out call of doom garbage.

News Comments > Overwatch Getting Deathmatch
8. Re: Overwatch Getting Deathmatch Aug 11, 2017, 03:19 Suppa7

The video game idiocracy continues.  

News Comments > Sine Mora EX Released
2. Re: Sine Mora EX Released Aug 9, 2017, 13:25 Suppa7

ViRGE wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 05:26:
An interesting game, but damn the original was hard. I wonder if the EX version is any easier?

If you want an easier game try crimson clover or satzius. Jamestown might be good to try as well if you haven't. There's some good shmups on steam.

News Comments > etc.
25. Re: etc. Aug 6, 2017, 23:10 Suppa7

Fletch wrote on Aug 6, 2017, 19:45:
"the developers add that players can "save time" if they use Gold"

Purposely make the game a grind, and then offer players a way to circumvent said grind by paying a ransom. I detest third-person console ports, so I wasn't really interested in the game in the first place, but, as a PC gamer, it pisses me off that this bullshit is on it's way to becoming ubiquitous in PC gaming. Fuck you, Monolith, as well as anybody who's ever paid for skins or XP or loot crates, etc.

LOL it started with mmo's buddy 20 years ago, as soon as they found out there were gamers dumb enough to pay a subscription fee for a drm'd rpg branded as mmo it was all over, all mmo's are simply single player rpg's /w multiplayer rebranded mmo.

The fact that we have private world of warcraft servers is proof that mmos were always a tax on the stupid, it all began with the mmo cancer. MMO's were a test balloon to noramlize drm. The fact that there is now a generation of gamers who don't give two shits about drm (diablo 3, etc) shows us our species is fucking downright subhuman in its impulse not to fuck itself over.

News Comments > Take-Two Interactive Results
7. Re: Take-Two Interactive Results Aug 3, 2017, 18:57 Suppa7

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 16:08:
Dangle, dangle, dangle... and the stupid hypnotized carrot-loving PC lemmings will do whatever R* orders them to do.

Most gamers are stupid it's not the platform you game on, it's the fact that the average gamer is technology illiterate. When the game industry found out the average person is stupid it was over.

The stupidity of the average human being is the issue, there of plenty of people who didn't buy into drm, or steam, or mmo's but the average person on our planet is stupid weak and idiotically slave like.

News Comments > Descent: Underground Demo
25. Re: Descent: Underground Demo Aug 1, 2017, 02:17 Suppa7

Hacks trying to cash in on the descent name, it's too bad the underground kickstarted first and that they got more cash then overload did on the name.

Overload kickstarter barely reached its goal, proof that marketing and name recognition go along way, 600K for UG vs 300K for Overload Kickstarter wise.

UG deserves to fail.

News Comments > EA on Game Streaming
14. Re: EA on Game Streaming Jul 29, 2017, 10:08 Suppa7

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 20:01:
These people live in la la land, I can't imagine anyone subscribing to streaming when most of it is free now.

LOL what do you think mmo's are? They are a streamed game - aka a game requiring you to be online, thats essentially a first generation streaming game.

The fact that steam is now used as a wrapper around many games for their multiplayer to even function is another example. AKA games by and large are not self contained like the days of the 90's with quake/doom/etc because the average gamer is a moron.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 13, 2017, 15:59 Suppa7

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 13, 2017, 11:32:
The Castlevania on netflix was actually pretty awesome.

I hate Japanamation for the most part where they over emote things. It's exactly why I don't play JRPGs/final fantasy etc..

I can't say it's awesome, it's rather mediocre. The first ep is the strongest so far it looks like it's going to deflate. The people behind castlevania feel very inexperienced.

News Comments > Strike Vector EX Open Beta
2. Re: Strike Vector EX Open Beta Jul 9, 2017, 06:42 Suppa7

Hump wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 17:56:
The original demanded a huge amount of skill and reflexes. I tried for 2 days but I never got a single kill.

Brutal.

Indeed, I told them the controls of the ship were balls and they needed to go play some descent. The way the ship turned when you flew at high speed was gay. A game like that doesn't need pseudo-realistic physics it needs a physics that makes the game enjoyable.

Overload is made by the guys of the original descent, if you haven't checked it out keep an eye on it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/448850/Overload/

News Comments > New Mass Effect: Andromeda Difficulty Level Teased
9. Re: Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled Jul 6, 2017, 05:30 Suppa7

Rigs wrote on Jul 5, 2017, 21:59:

It's...(god, I can't believe I'm saying this)...boring.

=-Rigs-=

That's because it is, just watch someone else's play-through on you-tube and skip to the story parts. You don't need to play the game with kids basically recording their entire play-through then uploading it to youtube.

ME1 had a great world and story but shit gameplay, ME2 had great gameplay and a well executed 'story' but the story lost any sense of cohesion or logic (aka kidnapping inferior humans to make reapers out of their guts).

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered on August 14; Price Revealed
27. Re: StarCraft Remastered on August 14; Price Revealed Jul 1, 2017, 22:15 Suppa7

El Pit wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 04:53:
So, they are selling a mod for $15. And it is alright. But if some people dare to sell their mods for e.g. Skyrim- OUTRAGE. BLASPHEMY. BRING OUT THE PITCHFORKS.

Uhh there's a huge difference, skyrim had free mods before paid mods and also paids mods is just another way for companies to get rid of your rights to own and use the game you paid for... aka having lawyers come down on game modders is fucking disgusting and we're already seeing it with GTA. Not to mention blizzard brow beating world of warcraft private servers.

You and most gamers are dumb - the fact that mmo's, steam and always online drm are coming in all new properties is just fucking disgusting.

I never would have imagined PC gaming becoming such a shitshow just because mmo's got off the ground now every game is trying to become server locked and they are removing the last of your rights to own anything you pay for while everyone just has corporate dick in their mouths and sucking it while they basically ruin the fun we had in the 90's with free level editors, skins, etc.

They want to lock down culture and extract tribute. Shit's disgusting.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto OpenIV Returns
5. Re: Grand Theft Auto OpenIV Returns Jun 24, 2017, 15:17 Suppa7

NetHead wrote on Jun 24, 2017, 11:05:
You'd think by now, long before now, the companies, bean counter and other suits doing game "design" and making decisions at these big places would realise that mod support official or not helps their games sell because it helps create a community and fans, benefiting the entire franchise and more.

Man you are pretty clueless. Once gamers bought into Steam and mmo's, they emboldened the corporate world to take software away from running on your computer. The fact is the average gamer is dumb as a bag of hammers.

Many modern games are cut into two pieces and part of the code his held hostage on a computer at corporate HQ to function. Most gamers are computer illiterate and stupid as to how the corporate world works.

Corporations are not your friends, they will do any criminal/underhanded thing if they believe it will make them more money.

The last 20 years have one of your rights being taken away and the entire software ecosystem being re-engineered so you have no rights to the product you are buying.

News Comments > Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans?
20. Re: Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans? Jun 16, 2017, 21:38 Suppa7

Xero wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 21:04:
Damn. Mixed thoughts on that. Obviously a remaster of Warcraft 3 would just be support for modern resolutions with not much to graphic enhance it outside of some lightly noticeable lighting changes. IF they go that far with it.

I was honestly still hoping on a true Warcraft 4 using more a long the lines of the Heroes of the Storm engine. I mean Warcraft 3 was the strategy game of my time, but I'm not sure I really want to return back to it. 8 years straight of being installed and playing it daily, don't know if I need to go back to it now.

I think it's more they want to test the waters of their new employee's and break them in with HD updates so get a sense of whether they're capable of doing a real sequel, since the original developers of these games are long since gone and team composition matters. As we've seen with the clusterfuck that was diablo 3 on release by a new team.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 14, 2017, 14:04 Suppa7

Icewind wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 12:12:
Well of course we could've had cellphones earlier.

These stupid retrospectives are idiotic, since the world works on the laws of nature and there is no freedom. Speaking about what "could have been" is a bit of a farce, if it was possible it would have already happened. So "no" you couldn't have had cell phones earlier. That's like saying if we lived in another universe we could have had cell phones earlier. A total non sequitor.

News Comments > Tyranny: Bastard's Wound Announced
3. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 14, 2017, 11:04 Suppa7

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 09:50:
Anyone tried Tyranny? I must not have even noticed it when it was released. Looks kinda interesting.

The problem is the game is rushed. The game really isn't worth the money because it is so short and it's just feels like a cash in after the kickstarter madness every old developer thought meant they could simply easily cash in by making half baked old CRPG's.

There was an article complaining about how tyranny didn't sell as well as they wanted, well that's because oldstyle CRPG's never had a huge market outside of big names like baldurs gate. It's like developers forgot all the flops in that era - planescape was critically acclaimed but ultimately a commercial failure in the sense it only barely made a profit / broke even. Why they think they can just clone the oldschool rpg's without bringing anything fresh to the table for easy profits is just more evidence of the stupidity of the game industry. Like lemmings following each other off a cliff without a clue what gamers want.

Reality was infinity engine rpg's were carried hard by the fact there was no competition back then so many old devleopers don't really understand that those games had many bad aspects - like the combat in old infinity engine rpg's was just bad. The story/forgotten realms property was the only thing holding baldurs gate together. Planescape was really more of a D&D novel in videogame form.

Planescapes own developer thought the combat was weak in those old rpg's. The fact that obsidian thinks they can just clone the shitty rpg combat engines of old bioware games just baffles.

900 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo