Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 891 (Graduate)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: LawBreakers fans on why you should play it, and what went wrong… Sep 2, 2017, 18:20 Suppa7

DangerDog wrote on Sep 2, 2017, 14:15:
I think another factor is that PC gamers are probably an older demographic and not that interested in twitch games anymore, I know I'm not.

Correct. It's not so much that we're not interested but they really have to show us something worth our time - aka not just rehashed crap with better graphics. The new UT could have been that game but they went all early access. The whole early access thing takes the surprise out of a new game being released. It's hard to get excited for a game you can play during development barring a few exceptions.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Songbringer Released
2. Re: Songbringer Released Sep 2, 2017, 09:10 Suppa7

[url=][/url]
Jivaro wrote on Sep 1, 2017, 22:45:
which market is more over-saturated right now?

a) "Hero" shooters

b) MOBAs

c) indie retro RPG roguelikes

They are all literally blurring together for me. Someone is going to make an indie retro hero shooter MOBA roguelike with "RPG elements" soon...I can feel it...

The reality is most people are mediocre at what they do and hence most games are reflections of that.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Character and CE Unveiled
11. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Character and CE Unveiled Sep 2, 2017, 04:44 Suppa7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 1, 2017, 13:15:
We're living in the next golden age of RPGs, gentlemen(I'd say and ladies, but this is bluesnews). A resurgence that's probably better than the BG2 era, to be honest.

Like anything it's a mixed bag. Eye of the beholder darkmoon, lands of lore 1 and torment were the RPG's to remember back then, maybe BG2 but it's been a while since I've played it.

Pillars has better combat but worse story, even baldurs gate had a good feeling world, I found pillar story just dry there were some high points but it felt really boring overall.

News Comments > QUAKE Development History Dispute
43. Re: QUAKE Development History Dispute Sep 1, 2017, 10:24 Suppa7

Beamer wrote on Sep 1, 2017, 09:02:
I disliked it because I was playing Halo on the PC, and the vehicles in that were just infinitely better.

HAHA. All the vehicles except the truck in UT2004 are better than halo's. Halo's only good vehicle is the warthog. To sit and say halo had amazing vehicles outside the warthog is quite the crock of shit. UT2004 had that badass demon vehicle with huge turrets that made the halo tank look like the dinky thing it was.

Not only that there were tonnes of modded servers with different modded vehicles that you obviously never played.

27. Re: QUAKE Development History Dispute Aug 31, 2017, 18:08 Suppa7

Orogogus wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 17:26:
Weird that DOOM 3 is ranked so high in sales. I thought the general opinion of that one was solidly negative because of monster closets and flashlights.

It was an ok game but a bad doom sequel. The complaints were "this isn't doom". You can go watch an interview with doom 2016's developer here:

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS6SBnccxMA

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsoVQWnSOfM

22. Re: QUAKE Development History Dispute Aug 31, 2017, 17:24 Suppa7

SirKnight wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 17:17:
So much of this made me go WTF it's not even funny.

Edit: And by 'so much of this' I mean 100% of this...wow

I can tell you the facts and you won't reason to the right conclusion:

http://bit.ly/OVMvjd

21. Re: QUAKE Development History Dispute Aug 31, 2017, 17:17 Suppa7

Droniac wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 17:02:
Suppa7 wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 16:21:

Are you Tim Willits?
Because that's quite an... unconventional... view of the history of FPS design.

There's nothing unconventional about it, we can look at the modding community for doom vs quake. Doom is far more remembered then quake. Quake had great modding community as well but iD software killed the quake brand with quake 4 and quake wars lets remember. Quake champions is another nail in the coffin with their f2p bullshit. Quake was about open level design and mods. Quake 2/3 were great multiplayer games no doubt about it but that was there strong point and we were the minority. UT2004 is equal to and a little above quake 3 in areas.

Not only that it's reflected in sales on steam, sorry to tell you, it's you who has a problem with FPS reality.

Quake

https://steamspy.com/search.php?s=quake+4

Doom

https://steamspy.com/search.php?s=doom+2

Doom being the older game has higher sales then the quakes. Doom was always the better property and its reflected massively in sales.

17. Re: QUAKE Development History Dispute Aug 31, 2017, 16:21 Suppa7

Flatline wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 15:48:
This post makes me wonder if you were gaming in the 90's. Doom and Quake's graphics were leaps forward.

They were but art direction mattered, doom's single player is still better than quakes. This is why doom has a bigger modding community, it's overall the better single player game. Quake's multiplayer is really only remembered because it was largely the only game in town that could to IP networking and was many gamers first multiplayer internet game.

Quake 1 + 2 had shitty SP campaigns, they were never good. Doom was overall the better single player experience, everyone knew quake 4 single player was a fucking disaster.

iD software always sucked at doing SP campaigns largely, they were hit and miss, guys like romero really saved doom 2, without the original team single player suffered in quake 1 and 2. Doom was the more fun game which is why it has such a huge modding community.

Quake 3 and unreal were mostly arbitarily different, and Quake 3 was finally surpassed in terms of fun by UT2004.

So UT2004 remains the high watermark of 90's fps design.

Single player first person shooter campaign design was finding its legs with FEAR and other games until the guys at infinity nailed it with Call of duty 4 and the set piece cinematic game formula was nailed down.

News Comments > Sonic Mania DRM Issues
13. Re: Sonic Mania DRM Issues Aug 31, 2017, 08:47 Suppa7

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 04:32:
Suppa7 wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 03:38:
No dumbass, you can even look at the pirate bay to see the release, any CPY release means a denuvo release. Mankind divided had denuvo and was cracked.
Which is why it says: "SKIDROW" "Looking for nothing but competition" rite? Though the 1.0 release had denuvo, and it doesn't use it now. It was also cracked in record time, don't let your own ignorance get in the way.

You're too stupid to understand how stupid you are. You do not reason and see the world as it is:

http://bit.ly/OVMvjd

News Comments > Sonic Mania DRM Issues
11. Re: Sonic Mania DRM Issues Aug 31, 2017, 03:38 Suppa7

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 01:53:
It doen't use denuvo. It only uses the steam-drm,

No dumbass, you can even look at the pirate bay to see the release, any CPY release means a denuvo release. Mankind divided had denuvo and was cracked.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 24, 2017, 11:06 Suppa7

Man that the crossplay term even exists, we're truly in a fucking videogame idiocracy.  

News Comments > Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced
40. Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 24, 2017, 00:04 Suppa7

DangerDog wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 17:41:
Don't fear the UWP, embrace it.

I believe they've made changes to MS store apps/programs and you can choose where you want to install them. That was probably the biggest issue with it that I had. They still need to work on that whole backup and restore UWP programs though, it can be done but is way too many steps.

Kind of hard to defend the whole lack of access to files for modding when many other forms of copy protection are tamper proof, like the ones used on the new DOOM for example.

You're exactly the kind of moron we don't need, why not just stuff balls of corporations in your mouth jesus.

Here's the problem you numnuts: There is no free market in gaming, free market theory is a lie. The idea that people like you and the average human being are intelligent enough to qualify to be a free market participant is bullshit.

The reason we have denuvo was because of the idiots who bought mmo's - a trial balloon to reshape game culture to accept corporate control of software.

News Comments > Overwatch Mei Trailer
3. Re: Overwatch Mei Trailer Aug 23, 2017, 23:41 Suppa7

Phasenoise wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 19:52:
I watched the livestream, and it was just filled with people saying "thicc".

No other points were made.

Overwatch is largely targeted at kids and americans are some of the most dumbest consumers on the planet. Shows in the livestream.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior (2013) Free; New Shadow Warrior 2 DLC
11. Re: Shadow Warrior (2013) Free; New Shadow Warrior 2 DLC Aug 23, 2017, 12:56 Suppa7

Ant wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 11:12:
I read that Ubisoft shut the WiC servers down.

That's what gamers get for not being discerning consumers. The more server locked ridden crap gamers buy the more shit like this is going to happen.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior (2013) Free; New Shadow Warrior 2 DLC
10. Re: Shadow Warrior (2013) Free; New Shadow Warrior 2 DLC Aug 23, 2017, 12:10 Suppa7

Asmodai wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 20:26:
SW1 was worth it though, and SW2 is as well.

SW2 is fun but I worry it's a sign they are trying to cut corners and cheap out on the development. SW2 was fun but it felt way more like a mod then a full game because you can see they were trying to make the development of the game easier by cutting it into pieces.

News Comments > Quake Champions Early Access
10. Re: Quake Champions Early Access Aug 23, 2017, 11:17 Suppa7

Flo wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 09:07:
No, they said that all future champions will be free if you buy the full pack.

Man watching gamers fall over themselves for this centralised corporate fraudulent shit is disturbing. So many games now are drm infested micro-transaction pieces of shit. We're going to have a giant hole in gaming history.

News Comments > Quake Champions Early Access Next Week
17. Re: Quake Champions Early Access Next Week Aug 18, 2017, 18:23 Suppa7

Prez wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 16:06:
I actually liked Doom 3. I think the biggest reason most gamers didn't is that it eschewed the balls to the walls action FPS gameplay of the originals.

That's part of it, the other part is - doom 3 is not how we imagined doom. The hollywood aesthetic vs the hand crafted pixel art. Doom 2016 tries to respect doom 2's aesthetic, doom 3 shit all over that. I liked how the team had the courage to trash their call of duty version of doom 2016 and not put out call of doom garbage.

News Comments > Overwatch Getting Deathmatch
8. Re: Overwatch Getting Deathmatch Aug 11, 2017, 03:19 Suppa7

The video game idiocracy continues.  

News Comments > Sine Mora EX Released
2. Re: Sine Mora EX Released Aug 9, 2017, 13:25 Suppa7

ViRGE wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 05:26:
An interesting game, but damn the original was hard. I wonder if the EX version is any easier?

If you want an easier game try crimson clover or satzius. Jamestown might be good to try as well if you haven't. There's some good shmups on steam.

News Comments > etc.
25. Re: etc. Aug 6, 2017, 23:10 Suppa7

Fletch wrote on Aug 6, 2017, 19:45:
"the developers add that players can "save time" if they use Gold"

Purposely make the game a grind, and then offer players a way to circumvent said grind by paying a ransom. I detest third-person console ports, so I wasn't really interested in the game in the first place, but, as a PC gamer, it pisses me off that this bullshit is on it's way to becoming ubiquitous in PC gaming. Fuck you, Monolith, as well as anybody who's ever paid for skins or XP or loot crates, etc.

LOL it started with mmo's buddy 20 years ago, as soon as they found out there were gamers dumb enough to pay a subscription fee for a drm'd rpg branded as mmo it was all over, all mmo's are simply single player rpg's /w multiplayer rebranded mmo.

The fact that we have private world of warcraft servers is proof that mmos were always a tax on the stupid, it all began with the mmo cancer. MMO's were a test balloon to noramlize drm. The fact that there is now a generation of gamers who don't give two shits about drm (diablo 3, etc) shows us our species is fucking downright subhuman in its impulse not to fuck itself over.

891 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo