Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 964 (Graduate)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Street Fighter V Status Report
5. Re: Street Fighter V Status Report Feb 21, 2016, 06:03 Suppa7

Yifes wrote on Feb 20, 2016, 22:50:
Suppa7 wrote on Feb 20, 2016, 12:09:
This is what happens when games go mainstream, gameplay has to be simplified so even a retarded chimp can "play" it.

He's talking about modified controllers. People spending hundreds of dollars on hardware to cheat online has nothing to do with mainstream game design.

Once again you are talking out of your ass and making a fool out of yourself.

You've missed the point entirely, if the game is so simple you can game the game mechanics with modified controllers, than that means the gameplay design is bad.

I've played with macrobots in SF4 so I know all about how you can use the PC to auto-program moves. It never effected my ability to beat people. I'm just saying simplifying gameplay makes it easier.

So no I wasn't talking out my ass dumbass. I play SF.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues
15. Re: On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues Feb 21, 2016, 03:20 Suppa7

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 02:00:
Not supporting piracy or anything, but I grabbed the crack for my copy

Don't buy the bullshit narrative, don't cry any crocodile tears for the business community alright. The whole of intellectual property law is corrupt. The concept of licensing games is a sham, why not stand up for your right to OWN the shit you buy? Don't accept the the bullshit laws passed by commercial interests against your right to own, modify and repair your own game. Remember you are paying!

Remember at one point slavery was legal, we should not use state law as a bar for our rights and freedoms.

The reality is gamers are uninformed to how they've been conned out of their rights because IP/copyright/software licensing laws written before the game industry was even born were already overwhelmingly corrupt because the public is too ill informed to understand how they are being conned.

Copyright extension act

News Comments > Street Fighter V Status Report
3. Re: Street Fighter V Status Report Feb 20, 2016, 12:09 Suppa7

cackle wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 20:36:
game destroyed by modified controllers, can't find my self as pumped as i was in beta where online didnt work, cept during pax south.
Today every game is against someone who presses a button and does every attack perfect.. #pointless

This is what happens when games go mainstream, gameplay has to be simplified so even a retarded chimp can "play" it.

News Comments > Need for Speed PC Specs
18. Re: Need for Speed PC Specs Feb 20, 2016, 07:11 Suppa7

Kxmode wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 16:17:
Avus wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 10:56:
If you want to play a 2016 racing game with no in-car view, short list of cars, always drive in the dark and wet, rubber band AI, stupid story, Monster drink product placement.... this is the game for you.

If you're going to bash at least offer an alternative.

Replaying Most wanted (2005) would be better I'm certain, you'd probably get more out of it.

It's a god damn shame blackbox is no longer making NFS.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 18, 2016, 01:49 Suppa7

Fantaz wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 22:08:
what would you guys say about buying Nvidia stock? i am thinking about getting some shares

The time to get into these companies has long since past, you'll be riding the wave of overvalued stocks. The time to get in was around 2008.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 18, 2016, 01:48 Suppa7

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 23:23:
Fantaz wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 22:08:
what would you guys say about buying Nvidia stock? i am thinking about getting some shares

I've been thinking the same lately, and intel too. Theyre two powerhouses that aren't going away anytime soon and seem to consistently push the envelope for PC's

People also have been warning me about staying away from stocks lately because of another crash on the horizon, but I dont know how to take that advice.. on one hand people are still shaken up by the recent crash, but there is some validity to the concern about the at-times meteoric rise since then too.

Playing stocks is much like gambling, the time to get into these companies was in 2008 when the stock market crashed. When the next crisis hits (and there will be one) it will wipe out a lot of equity.

If I were to advise anything, I'd advise intel because of their monopolistic position and the fact that they will ultimately be entering storage with superior tech sooner or later that will put pressure on NAND SSD's.

News Comments > OVERLOAD Multiplayer Plans
7. Re: OVERLOAD Multiplayer Plans Feb 17, 2016, 08:11 Suppa7

ViRGE wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 03:55:
Suppa7 wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 01:52:
ViRGE wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 17:04:
Pandering to vocal backers in order to make your goals is a good way to promise more than you can deliver, or to deliver a project that half-asses all parts of the project. It may get them to their funding goal, but it means they have to compromise on quality to get there.

Tragically enough they didn't do much to sell the kickstarter and that was it, they basically tried to make a single player descent game for themselves and didn't seem all that genuine in understanding the their own fans.

I mean if you're going to come back and make a spiritual successor you need to go all out, not just pussyfoot around.
I don't know, I happened to like their original pitch. What was it you thought they were lacking?

I came to descent for the multiplayer, it was during Descent 2's release with Kali and kahn. When they originally pitched overload it had no mention of multiplayer. That told me off the bat, that they didn't really "get" what descent was about. The single player portion of descent was starting to get ok'ish around D2. But single player descent was never stellar, the multiplayer gameplay was what descent was all about and that peaked during Descent 2.

What do they need??

They need something to hit our emotional buttons... Descent underground released the following video before the end of their kickstarter and the money started to flow but they figured it out too late. The pitch video was ok but they needed to really wow the audience, because their pitch video is speaking to us old timers (the minority of descenters).

They need fresh blood. To be honest the low ball 300K tells me the team has confidence issues (just its a dead give away). It's too bad Descent underground kind of stole the thunder, because I have no confidence in the developers of underground.

This video is a lesson in marketing by pumping up our emotions

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2016, 08:18.

5. Re: OVERLOAD Multiplayer Plans Feb 17, 2016, 01:52 Suppa7

ViRGE wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 17:04:
Pandering to vocal backers in order to make your goals is a good way to promise more than you can deliver, or to deliver a project that half-asses all parts of the project. It may get them to their funding goal, but it means they have to compromise on quality to get there.

Tragically enough they didn't do much to sell the kickstarter and that was it, they basically tried to make a single player descent game for themselves and didn't seem all that genuine in understanding the their own fans.

I mean if you're going to come back and make a spiritual successor you need to go all out, not just pussyfoot around.

4. Re: OVERLOAD Multiplayer Plans Feb 17, 2016, 01:42 Suppa7

Tragically enough if their pitch was better they could gain money, I'm sure they mean well but they come off as not having learned anything from all the prior kickstarters.

Descent undeground tookoff when it made a trailer near the end of their campaign. This is going to be like all other low fund kickstarters - overpromise and under deliver. There's just no way to do a modern game on less then a million bucks unless you are seriously cutting corners.

The first video on the kickstarter link is what helped them at the end:

Kickstarter for Descent Underground

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2016, 01:48.

News Comments > On DOOM's Campaign Length
32. Re: On DOOM's Campaign Length Feb 15, 2016, 04:47 Suppa7

SlimRam wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 22:56:
Don't know exactly how to explain what I mean, but people that have played a lot of shooters maybe know what i'm talking about?

You're talking about something that you can write books about, I've been working on a universal theory of gameplay.

Basically in any videogame each game object has properties in the game world like - Master cheif has runspeed, etc. Then there are the 'aesthetic' properties that give the game an oomph or feel. Like say weapon swapping, if you had a weapon swap that caused too much delay due to shoulder animations it would ruin the feel of the game and the "gunplay" would be off for waiting for that delay.

It's all the small things that when they put them together take into consideration your attention. It's all about the objects in the game world and their characteristics, they have mathematical qualities you can measure, like for enemies in halo, holster speed/weapon switch time, when to play funny grunt sounds, etc. All that adds up into an experience.

News Comments > On DOOM's Campaign Length
30. Re: On DOOM's Campaign Length Feb 15, 2016, 04:10 Suppa7

Slick wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 00:09:
2002 was a long time ago champ.

Just FYI, Doom 3 was released in 2004.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Feb 14, 2016, 03:43 Suppa7

Quboid wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 23:18:
It's really no surprise but it's not healthy for a franchise to rely on existing fans. However it's only just out, so a large proportion of the players will be XCOM players who were counting the days until they could get their hands on it.

I wonder how these graphs will look in 2 years' time.

It would help if they stopped making it Steam/DRM only. I'd love for more AAA companies to release DRM free versions on gog. I will only think of buying a game on steam if it is cheap. There's no point in paying full price for a rental.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
23. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 14, 2016, 02:55 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 01:34:
Oh, no doubt. So instead of buying Battlfield or CoD, buy games that don't pull that kind of bullshit: ArmA, The Witcher, Shadowrun Returns, etc. etc.

Theroetically it'd be nice if the world worked that way but it doesn't. I am one of the original videogaming generation, I watched as games went from something we had on our computers to being cut up into front end client and back end server, instead of being stand alone programs so that you can never own anything you pay for ever again.

Stupid people and Kids don't know any better and they aren't going to deny themselves entertainment if we are honest with ourselves.

This is where marx was right about capitalism and the means of production, since you have no authority or say in how products are produced beyond voting with money, anyone who doesn't care/doesn't know/is ignorant and votes with their money thereby allows corporations to push products on us because the vast majority are stupid and will willingly give over their money thereby giving funds to make big games everyone wants thereby winning over or forcing the hands of the hold outs.

This is exactly how steam came to power and the same way MMO's paved the way for steam and online DRM.

The set of stupid people who keep giving funds to companies is too legion for free market theory to be anything but a fantasy.

21. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 14, 2016, 01:38 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 01:28:
The solution to this however, is not to break the law. We have yet to make a serious attempt at changing the system from within. Get involved. Back a candidate. There is only one serious candidate for president who opposes the pro-corporate slant (at the expense of the citizenry) our country has been moving toward for the past several decades. Donate and campaign. Put your money where your mouth is.

The problem you are not seeing is that this is not true. You've just demonstrated my point that you aren't even informed enough about how capitalist democracy actually works. You show that you don't really understand the history of imperialism, its relation to big corporations and what they do to people who effect 'their' profits and monopoly on government.

See: The Crisis of democracy

"Intended as an internal document. Good reading to understand the nature of rich democracies and the fact that the common people are not allowed to play a role."

The Crisis of democracy

Amazon book - The Crisis of democracy

Theories of politics - who is represented in capitalist democracy

Princeton study - Do average citizens have any effect on policy/laws?

12. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 13, 2016, 20:09 Suppa7

NKD wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 17:56:
I don't believe anyone who says they pirate a game, play it, and then buy it if they are satisfied. Yeah, maybe they buy it on a Steam sale 2 years later when they want to re-play it, but they aren't slapping down $50-60 when it really counts in the first critical couple weeks of sales. It's too tempting to find excuses to not pay for it once you've already had it for free.

I don't think you really get it, piracy is irrelevant. If what you said was true (aka piracy was really hurting the industry) that would mean the average gamer is informed and capable of punishing game companies. That isn't the average gamer though.

When MMO's Like ultima online and everquest first started, those games paved the way for online DRM. Let's be honest, the people who gave the green light to pay for a game you never own lead to the rise of things like league of legends and steam.

If we're honest with ourselves, for those of us who gamed in the 90's with level editors and open file gaming (aka doom, duke, descent, warcraft level editing, etc). Why the hell would anyone defend not pirating games? Our rights have been so pushed back by big money corporations we can't even get games going into the public domain anytime during our lifetime.

The average person is so stupid, historically illiterate and uninformed they've been basically giving away their rights to own their own culture they pay for, for 100+ years.

If anything we are subsidizing big business, too many people would rather be good little peons.

I'd rather see more of our rights restored. We can't get shit like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhAR8rWPluQ

... because most gamers are such bent over little anti-intellectual slaves.

Copyright extension act - assrapping us all

Why the hell would you not want more of things like Freespace 2 scp? Open source code for old games so we can modify them and updat them? Where might freespace 2, mechwarrior 2, and warcraft 2 and 3 be if we had the source to these old games?

The above old games outside of those ones whos source we have are frozen in time, they can't be updated by fans. It's a tragedy.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2016, 20:22.

News Comments > PC Need for Speed in March
17. Re: PC Need for Speed in March Feb 13, 2016, 08:45 Suppa7

Avus wrote on Feb 12, 2016, 17:08:
MDB wrote on Feb 12, 2016, 11:34:
At least they brought back the Lil John song from Underground.

Frostbite engine makes me want to nope out of this. Did they learn nothing from The Runs?

Bad racing titles on Frostbite do not mean bad engine.

The best racing game was Most wanted 2005 and the engine that spawned from blackbox to do NFSworld. It was a damn shame NFSworld was taken offline because it had TEAM escape, one of the best modes ever come up with in a racing game.

News Comments > Descent-Inspired OVERLOAD Kickstarter
20. Re: Descent-Inspired OVERLOAD Kickstarter Feb 11, 2016, 21:50 Suppa7

Bub wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 07:41:
It is not enough to slap current textures and models into a six degrees of freedom shooter. Look at Minerwars 2081. Sunk like a stone.

....Many of these new devs just don't put the time into polish and engagement. The original Duke and Descent had levels that had been tuned to a fine edge and lots of player engagement thanks to excellent level flow.

It goes way deeper than that many old games were and are great but older gamers have moved on and many older games had serious problems.

Descent was primarily about multiplayer online, the single player portion of the game wasn't all that great but since descent occupied a niche of flight games it got praise because no one else did it better.

I've thought long and hard about Descent's single player and the real issue is it doesn't hold up, Descent 2 had a great universe with those cutscenes by interplay but they gimped up the story bad in Descent 3, you just needed to keep it simple and vague - evil virus, evil mining corp, exploited mercenary.

Descent 3 they went off the rails and made the levels too big ruining the flow and there were issues with enemy sizes and weapons, the feel of the game was thrown way off.

Descent 2 was my favorite all around. If I were to a reboot/remake I'd look into nix'ing the virus was made by PTMC line and more like the virus was a mysterious life form.

At the end of Descent 2 when the planet itself was a giant alien starship, that was pretty neat. They could have done a lot with that, like some core piece of the starship survives and lives for another day.

News Comments > PC Need for Speed in March
8. Re: PC Need for Speed in March Feb 11, 2016, 21:14 Suppa7

Is this one DRM'd? The last NFS game that I thought was any good was Most wanted (2005). Haven't been a fan of NFS since really, that was the high point of the series for me.  

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Solo Campaign & TV Ambitions Revealed
14. Re: Titanfall 2 Solo Campaign & TV Ambitions Revealed Feb 8, 2016, 02:46 Suppa7

Spaceherpes wrote on Feb 7, 2016, 18:23:
I can't help but feel they are adding it because they (executives) didn't understand why it wasn't the success they were hoping it would be.

This is EA were talking about, they were testing the waters to see how much less game they could get away with for cheap. Multiplayer only games are cheaper on content then single player games with a campaign. They realized that majority of people play games for singleplayer only a subset of games can go multiplayer only and get big.

The same way world of warcraft got real big but many MMO's didn't realize it was a phenomenon unto itself and they were never going to see millions.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - EA on PC Gamer Trust
27. Re: Quoteworthy - EA on PC Gamer Trust Jan 30, 2016, 08:00 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 10:23:
I'd respect them more if they were honest. 'We think your garbage and only exist to give us your money. So give it to us and shut your pie holes!'

Your last line is pretty much it, because the free market in gaming can't work. Many bad things in gaming would never get off the ground if those of us who gave a rats ass about owning games were within a couple blcoks of these videogame companies when they were pulling their underhanded bullshit.

Basically the free market can only work when buyer and seller are within asskicking distance of one another. Then the outrage of the customers can be physically directed at the people these companies work at, anything short of that and you get naked criminality. Our whole societies ideology is based on myths and lies regarding human behavior.

964 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo