Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 891 (Graduate)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Sep 14, 2017, 21:53 Suppa7

Squirmer wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 21:31:
Only gamers would argue that calling black people the n-word is not racism. Christ.

Uhm no, that pewdiepie saying nigger isn't racism since it wasn't used in that way. People say shit all the time when they are beat or die in a videogame. Pewdiepie just was fucking stupid about doing so in public.

Real racism is denying people jobs because of the color of their skin, and treating people as less than human.

People shooting the shit in a competitive environment say all sorts of stupid shit, if it was a black person no one would bat an eye, but because it's a white guy on youtube everyone loses their fucking minds. What about all the black people on youtube calling each other nigger?

How a word is used and intended by the speaker and the context matters a hell of a lot before throwing accusations of racism.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Toxicity Slowing Game Development
2. Re: Overwatch Toxicity Slowing Game Development Sep 14, 2017, 12:11 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 11:59:
Toxic behavior in an online FPS? Now there's a first.

Perhaps if they had dedicated servers with admin tools perhaps that might help ... but no blizz has got to take advantage of that drm.

News Comments > Endless Space 2 Adds Free Content
2. Re: Endless Space 2 Adds Free Content Sep 13, 2017, 01:18 Suppa7

MisterBenn wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 00:10:
And now the bad: to me this game has one of the weakest combat systems in a space 4x I've played. They've tried to do an abridged system like in Endless Space 1 but it's worse here. There's a weird system of lanes, engagement distances and combat orders that doesn't really let you control things the way you want. After you pick orders you watch the combat and it's really hard to actually tell what's happening.

The reality is, all the bad parts of Endless space 1 made it into ES2. The reality is ES1 is looking to be a real fluke, the best thing they had going was planet management and research, everything else - the lanes, the way planets are colonized, etc. Are pretty bad all around.

The late game in ES2 is especially god awful esp with large size maps, ships take forever to get places.

The fact they tried to shoe horn in cinematic pseudo combat which really needed to be cut and be its own game. They even have a skip button because they know 99% of the time you are going to skip it. What a waste of time and resources.

They should have just focused on the game and not the hollywood bullshit. They are trying to put a weird pseudo-realtime combat system into the game that doesn't belong there - that cinematic ship combat system they want really needs to be a separate game unto itself.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 16:08 Suppa7

MT Silver wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 07:04:
I don't care what his opinion is! I want to hear about what's going on in the world. That's what a reporter does! Report things!

Most people don't want the truth, in fact science says most wouldn't even be able to recognize or reason themselves to it. See here:

http://bit.ly/OVMvjd

News Comments > On Windows 10 Game Stuttering
19. Re: On Windows 10 Game Stuttering Sep 12, 2017, 04:11 Suppa7

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 18:09:
But again we are naked in a digital world and whatever you think is sacred about your data... you've given that up voluntarily or involuntarily a long time ago.

Sorry to tell ya but what you just said is a myth...

The idea that the consumer decides corporate policies by voting with his money requires.

1) An informed population
2) Sophisticated knowledge about technology and how to make rational decisions
3) Geographical proximity to business.

Without those 3 there is no accountability, it's just a pure dictatorship of business policy over everyone else.

Before the internet there was a balance of power between buyer and seller of software, that balance of power has been erased by the internet and human stupidity. All corporations need to do is just have a group of moronic parents give birth to a generation of kids who don't know wtf is going on. Most people are ignorant as fuck regarding their own society and believe whatever they are fed through schools, media and TV/Youtube/Social media.

No one voluntarily gave up their rights, steam and mmo's were imposed because you need special training to see through the fraudulent nature of their agenda to remove control of software from you. It's not a trivial undertaking. The reality is the human mind was never built to make rational decisions in a high tech capitalist society and we're seeing the results.

No one wanted steam or software being removed, but the original PC game generation can't exactly jump through a portal to these big companies headquarters and give them hell so they get away with it because the market is a myth in a post internet age. You can't hold someone accountable when they are 100's of miles away. Before the internet they had to release the software physically to a company like walmart if they wanted to get paid, they don't have to do that now that the internet enables fraud on a massive scale.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Community Documentary
14. Re: Assassin's Creed Community Documentary Sep 11, 2017, 09:26 Suppa7

Kxmode wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 13:23:
With all due respect, I have played ALL the Assassin's Creed games, and your assessment is just flat wrong.

Except you can go look at the metacritic scores, the orignal AC got 80, in videogame land that's "trash", everything I said was accurate dumbass you can go look at the aggregate scores.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/assassins-creed

AC2

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/assassins-creed-ii

AC3

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/assassins-creed-iii

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Community Documentary
7. Re: Assassin's Creed Community Documentary Sep 10, 2017, 11:26 Suppa7

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 21:12:
Never played a single creed game. No real explanation why... I own like every console.. Guess I just never got the itch or any friends talk about it.

The reality is Ass creed started off as an atrocious game, it sold primarily to a new generation of gamers. Anyone who had played prince of persia sands of time knew that it was 100x better then AC1. AC2 fixed AC1's mistakes, and every other sequel is usually bad...

1 bad, 2 good, 3 bad, 4 decent, etc, etc.

News Comments > eSports Life Announced
4. Re: eSports Life Announced Sep 8, 2017, 00:45 Suppa7

rawbelly wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 22:11:
I really wanted to write something funny here but I am actually sort of sad this is a thing.

Well when all AAA games are always online and packet encrypted streams across the internet, everyone who paid for mmo's and steam and enabled all this shit were responsible.

It basically greenlighted the game industry to turn software into broadcast television. The average person on our planet is an idiot.

News Comments > Animal Farm Game Announced
15. Re: Animal Farm Game Announced Sep 7, 2017, 09:29 Suppa7

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 09:11:
Just because you can, does not mean you should. Sometimes I wonder what makes game developers pick ridiculous themes to base their game upon. I guess just another developer with a screw loose upstairs.

Humans tend to be idiots, and game devs, being humans will do as much stupid shit as humanity at large does.

What is modern gaming if not a wasteland of stupidity and mediocrity? The rise of mmo's, drm, steam, micro-transactions and loot crates means we live in a fucking idiocracy.

News Comments > Get Mirage: Arcane Warfare Free Today
12. Re: Get Mirage: Arcane Warfare Free Today Sep 7, 2017, 04:41 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 20:50:
I felt it was kind of generic looking and not fun.

It is pretty generic looking, the reality is the game could be fun but the game is a mess. Basically how the powers and classes work ins highly non intuitive they tried to copy MOBA powers and it doesn't work very well. There are too many classes per team and the lag can be atrocious. They had to purposely add weapon animation delay to compensate for lag and you can feel it in the fights.

Also the hit radius for many things sucks, they really need to add some kind of indicators or something because you can never tell how close you need to be to hit someone often times you'll think you're close enough and it looks like it should hit but it doesn't.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Microtransactions?
31. Re: Destiny 2 Microtransactions? Sep 5, 2017, 13:13 Suppa7

Numinar wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 09:50:
That is a bit harsh Cutter. Is an online game full of custom assets even viable?

Well as an old person the reason players can't make high qualtiy game assets is because when mmo's appeared player facing tools and sdk's for games on the PC stopped being released, every PC developer around 2000 stopped making PC games and jumped ship to console, aka we got ports of games or if we were lucky a few last games like UT2004 and Doom 3, but by and large most developers moved to console.

The rise of the drm'd rpg - aka mmo, was the big push by game publishers to remove software control from PC gamers. The problem is of course mass high speed internet allowed idiot half of the game community to normalize drm'd rpg's known as mmo's. As soon as that Ultima online and everquest took off Microtransactions were invitable.

Same happened with Steam in 2004, no one wanted steam but those of us who held out were overcome by new fresh faced kids and teens who wanted their game, aka kids that did not PC game in the 90's or had no clue about PC game culture were coming onto the internet and were largely tech illiterate and Gabe newell at Valve built an entire steam empire around stupid members of our species.

Anyone with a brain knew to avoid mmo's since paying a subscription for a game you don't own or control is a bad idea.

The reason these things happened is because the videogame market isn't a market.

To have a market you'd have to qualify to participate.

1) Market participants need to be educated and not tech illiterate like the bulk of gamers.

2) Have some means to actually influence company policy like geographic proximity. Steam would not have ever taken off in 2004 if the PC game community wasn't 100's of miles away from valves office. Valve and big game companies got to force policies because post internet the customers cannot reach said companies.

Pre internet they had to let go of the fucking game instead of holding part of it hostage on the other side of the internet.

News Comments > Tim Willits Calls QUAKE Design Dispute "Silly"
5. Re: Tim Willits Calls QUAKE Design Dispute Sep 5, 2017, 11:33 Suppa7

SirKnight wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 11:17:
I fail to see how a map fragment he digs up proves him to be right in all of this. I guess in his alternative universe, it somehow does.

Oh Tim...

See here, this is why people can't take being wrong there's a science behind it:

http://bit.ly/OVMvjd

22. Re: Destiny 2 Microtransactions? Sep 5, 2017, 03:48 Suppa7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 01:07:
Slightly off topic: Unreal Tournament (the new one) is still in pre-alpha, apparently.

This, right?

Unreal dev has slowed to a crawl, basically epics new f2p micro-transaction ridden game is their new baby so UT is basically sitting idle.

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 4, 2017, 23:14 Suppa7

Grokk wrote on Sep 4, 2017, 22:50:
Actually PC Gamers were screaming for digital distribution and steam delivered that.

No one was "Screaming" for digital distribution, all "digital distribution" is, is downloading game files off a website. When steam was released in 2004 it was very simple to go to game developers website and download patches/mods/etc. Steam was shit for years, it was nothing more then malware in half-life and CS that no one wanted, the entirety of steam would have never existed if we gamers were within two blocks of valve corp, aka the PC literate half of the game community would have stormed gabes offices to get that shit out of the game we bought. All these practices exist because customers need to be physically located by the business to stop such practices from forming to begin with, pre internet they had to release control of the entire the game physically if they wanted to fucking get paid. It was actually great to get fucking complete games with no drm in them and level editors and sdks, there was market pressure to actually treat your customers with respect rather than contempt because they didn't have the internet so they couldn't control the software.

It's just that as internet penetration reached critical mass the more dumb members of our species came online and we got steam, drm, mmo's, etc. Stupidity and irrationality of the human species is why modern games are so fucked up.

Gamers by and large are a dumbass bunch this is why mods and level editors have been curtailed and why bethesda is pushing paid mods, all that screams the average gamer is of low intelligence.

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 4, 2017, 21:32 Suppa7

WaltC wrote on Sep 4, 2017, 19:01:
Nah...the game publishers just want us to pay for it, is the only difference...;) Building a good game with a great, mod-friendly engine and nice modding tools-- so that people will be standing in line to buy and mod your next game, too--well, that's not good enough, anymore!

All of this happened because the videogame market is not a market. Pre internet they had toe release the entire fucking game to us. Post internet the power shifted to publishers and game software makers since they can simply bicycle chain the software to a server in their office and extract money.

As soon as people payed for mmo's - a drm'd rpg you don't control, it was over. MMO's normalized drm'd games, that was publishers and developers whole scheme, get a generation of kids who will tacitly accept said practice.

Many of these practices wouldn't exist if we were actually close enough to these companies to just walk into their office and give them shit. Steam wouldn't exist if PC gamers had been physically close to valve HQ back in 2004 when he slipped everyone the poison pill that is steam.

News Comments > High Hell Announced
10. Re: High Hell Announced Sep 4, 2017, 11:10 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Sep 3, 2017, 10:59:
I hate EA just as much as anyone, but you can't say with a straight face that the largest game company in the world doesn't understand games.

Yes in fact we can, they made the highest selling game in their companies history and their next game cut the sales by 50%, that means the the people in charge fucked up bad.

Need for speed carbon didn't sell anywhere near what most wanted 2005 did at all. Then we got the awful pro street next.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: LawBreakers fans on why you should play it, and what went wrong… Sep 4, 2017, 11:05 Suppa7

Prez wrote on Sep 4, 2017, 04:40:
Reading stories about how it's a "respawn and die" simulator for all but the highest skill veterans of old fashioned first person shooters flat out scared me away from it. I wasn't even that good at twitch shooters in my prime. Now that I'm approaching 50 it's of no interest at all to me.

The reality is the AAA industry is creatively bankrupt, the fact that Cliff thought he could release a twitch shooter after every PC developer abandoned the PC for console after 10+ years was a big laugh for me.

The time we might have been interested in such things was over 10 years ago and they were on their gears of war kick feeding at the trough of consoles.

News Comments > Windows 10 Game Mode Update Next Month
22. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Update Next Month Sep 4, 2017, 01:47 Suppa7

Kxmode wrote on Sep 3, 2017, 21:00:
I don't want my PC to be like an Xbox game console! That's why I'm a PC gamer.

You can thank everyone who bought everquest, wow and mmo's over the years and everyone who licked the balls of valve and gabe newell with steam.

It was over as soon as the first server locked game appeared. All the stupid bullshit exists because there is no free market in our world, in a post internet age the only way to hold a company accountable is if you meet the requirements for having a market:

1) Your customers are intelligent enough to participate
2) They are close enough to the business to effect its policies.

None of which are true.

News Comments > High Hell Announced
6. Re: High Hell Announced Sep 3, 2017, 03:58 Suppa7

Rilcon wrote on Sep 3, 2017, 00:34:
How fucking dare indy studios not have the millions of USD needed to provide up to date graphics!?

Most indie developers are hacks, let's be honest. Modern gaming is a wasteland of fake gamers who have shit taste which is how many indies survive.

The problem is developers making games for which there is no audience. Take need for speed, EA has been trying to chase most wanted 2005's 15 million in sales, and you know why they can't do that even with all that money?

They don't fucking understand games, many publishers and developers don't try to understand their customers. If they gave a fuck many of the industries worst practices wouldn't exist.

News Comments > Songbringer Released
6. Re: Songbringer Released Sep 2, 2017, 22:58 Suppa7

Nucas wrote on Sep 2, 2017, 17:05:
this was extra funny to me because you fucked up an url link in your post.

I was fully aware but it was late and I didn't care.

891 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo