Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 891 (Graduate)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10
11. Re: Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10 Feb 28, 2016, 19:32 Suppa7

Jerykk wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 16:30:
Dark Souls felt more "crisp" on PS3? How so?

See the list of cognitive biases, you have to understand the human brain is just retarded, so you get people claiming "the console version is better" when it obviously isn't in most cases unless the port is really bad.

He's suffering massive confirmation bias

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

https://i.imgur.com/czyJsjO.png

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SUPERHOT Released
19. Re: SUPERHOT Released Feb 27, 2016, 10:24 Suppa7

Quinn wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 21:40:
Remember the game Chaser? It was one of the first FPS games togethet with F.E.A.R. where you could enter slow-motion on command. That was revolutionary back in the day. No need for textureless shit like this to be revolutionary.

The reality is most don't have any memory of gaming history from prior to when they started gaming. So superhot would be 'revolutionary' if you were between 8-20 years old. Someone who started gaming in the mid 2000's isn't going to remember anything pre 2005.

News Comments > X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo
20. Re: X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo Feb 26, 2016, 16:23 Suppa7

It wouldn't be a space game thread if I didn't post a link to freespace 2 SCP....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhAR8rWPluQ

https://www.gog.com/game/freespace_2

http://scp.indiegames.us/

16. Re: SUPERHOT Released Feb 26, 2016, 09:45 Suppa7

Quinn wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 07:37:
I think there's no right or wrong answer to that question. It comes down to taste. Personally, I want a better balance between gameplay and graphics. I'd be OK with this SUPERHOT experience if I found myself in an arcade hall.

I agree from an ideal standpoint, but almost all modern games are watered down retreads of past works if you are honest. I know what you mean that the cinematic gaming experience is awe inspiring, but it also takes away from replayability. There is only so much money and dev time to go around. If all of it is spent making a pseudo-movie experience than that most often means gameplay systems suffer.

13. Re: SUPERHOT Released Feb 26, 2016, 07:32 Suppa7

Quinn wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 07:18:
Soooo they just didn't add textures and people are completely fine with that...

Baffles the mind.

They are laughing so incredibly fucking hard, their hearts won't make it all the way to the bank.

The real question is, does the time and money to texture levels add anything to the fun of the game? IF anything the game industry has spent so much money on art that gameplay has been suffering for more than a decade. I wouldn't mind deeper more fun experiences at lower detail.

News Comments > Darkspore Closing Next Week
12. Re: Darkspore Closing Next Week Feb 24, 2016, 06:09 Suppa7

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 17:04:
At the same time we know what we get when we buy EA products.

The problem is they shouldn't be allowed to confiscated shit you pay for, if we're paying our ownership stake should not be able to be taken away through legal bullshit artistry.

News Comments > On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues
32. Re: On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues Feb 22, 2016, 11:34 Suppa7

El Pit wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 09:00:
He uses everything to support his idea that piracy is great and games should be free.

This is exactly why Americans are known as dumb shits. You are uneducated to an extreme degree.

I nowhere said all games should be free, the problem you're not seeing is there IP/copyright law is a monopoly, the US constitution states these monopolies are supposed to be for limited times and cultural works are to go back into the public domain and into shit like libraries so future generations can enjoy them. But that's too much for the low IQ brains on the internet.

News Comments > Street Fighter V Status Report
5. Re: Street Fighter V Status Report Feb 21, 2016, 06:03 Suppa7

Yifes wrote on Feb 20, 2016, 22:50:
Suppa7 wrote on Feb 20, 2016, 12:09:
This is what happens when games go mainstream, gameplay has to be simplified so even a retarded chimp can "play" it.

He's talking about modified controllers. People spending hundreds of dollars on hardware to cheat online has nothing to do with mainstream game design.

Once again you are talking out of your ass and making a fool out of yourself.

You've missed the point entirely, if the game is so simple you can game the game mechanics with modified controllers, than that means the gameplay design is bad.

I've played with macrobots in SF4 so I know all about how you can use the PC to auto-program moves. It never effected my ability to beat people. I'm just saying simplifying gameplay makes it easier.

So no I wasn't talking out my ass dumbass. I play SF.

News Comments > On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues
15. Re: On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues Feb 21, 2016, 03:20 Suppa7

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 02:00:
Not supporting piracy or anything, but I grabbed the crack for my copy

Don't buy the bullshit narrative, don't cry any crocodile tears for the business community alright. The whole of intellectual property law is corrupt. The concept of licensing games is a sham, why not stand up for your right to OWN the shit you buy? Don't accept the the bullshit laws passed by commercial interests against your right to own, modify and repair your own game. Remember you are paying!

Remember at one point slavery was legal, we should not use state law as a bar for our rights and freedoms.

The reality is gamers are uninformed to how they've been conned out of their rights because IP/copyright/software licensing laws written before the game industry was even born were already overwhelmingly corrupt because the public is too ill informed to understand how they are being conned.

Copyright extension act

News Comments > Street Fighter V Status Report
3. Re: Street Fighter V Status Report Feb 20, 2016, 12:09 Suppa7

cackle wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 20:36:
game destroyed by modified controllers, can't find my self as pumped as i was in beta where online didnt work, cept during pax south.
Today every game is against someone who presses a button and does every attack perfect.. #pointless

This is what happens when games go mainstream, gameplay has to be simplified so even a retarded chimp can "play" it.

News Comments > Need for Speed PC Specs
18. Re: Need for Speed PC Specs Feb 20, 2016, 07:11 Suppa7

Kxmode wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 16:17:
Avus wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 10:56:
If you want to play a 2016 racing game with no in-car view, short list of cars, always drive in the dark and wet, rubber band AI, stupid story, Monster drink product placement.... this is the game for you.

If you're going to bash at least offer an alternative.

Replaying Most wanted (2005) would be better I'm certain, you'd probably get more out of it.

It's a god damn shame blackbox is no longer making NFS.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 18, 2016, 01:49 Suppa7

Fantaz wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 22:08:
what would you guys say about buying Nvidia stock? i am thinking about getting some shares

The time to get into these companies has long since past, you'll be riding the wave of overvalued stocks. The time to get in was around 2008.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 18, 2016, 01:48 Suppa7

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 23:23:
Fantaz wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 22:08:
what would you guys say about buying Nvidia stock? i am thinking about getting some shares

I've been thinking the same lately, and intel too. Theyre two powerhouses that aren't going away anytime soon and seem to consistently push the envelope for PC's

People also have been warning me about staying away from stocks lately because of another crash on the horizon, but I dont know how to take that advice.. on one hand people are still shaken up by the recent crash, but there is some validity to the concern about the at-times meteoric rise since then too.

Playing stocks is much like gambling, the time to get into these companies was in 2008 when the stock market crashed. When the next crisis hits (and there will be one) it will wipe out a lot of equity.

If I were to advise anything, I'd advise intel because of their monopolistic position and the fact that they will ultimately be entering storage with superior tech sooner or later that will put pressure on NAND SSD's.

News Comments > OVERLOAD Multiplayer Plans
7. Re: OVERLOAD Multiplayer Plans Feb 17, 2016, 08:11 Suppa7

ViRGE wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 03:55:
Suppa7 wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 01:52:
ViRGE wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 17:04:
Pandering to vocal backers in order to make your goals is a good way to promise more than you can deliver, or to deliver a project that half-asses all parts of the project. It may get them to their funding goal, but it means they have to compromise on quality to get there.

Tragically enough they didn't do much to sell the kickstarter and that was it, they basically tried to make a single player descent game for themselves and didn't seem all that genuine in understanding the their own fans.

I mean if you're going to come back and make a spiritual successor you need to go all out, not just pussyfoot around.
I don't know, I happened to like their original pitch. What was it you thought they were lacking?

I came to descent for the multiplayer, it was during Descent 2's release with Kali and kahn. When they originally pitched overload it had no mention of multiplayer. That told me off the bat, that they didn't really "get" what descent was about. The single player portion of descent was starting to get ok'ish around D2. But single player descent was never stellar, the multiplayer gameplay was what descent was all about and that peaked during Descent 2.

What do they need??

They need something to hit our emotional buttons... Descent underground released the following video before the end of their kickstarter and the money started to flow but they figured it out too late. The pitch video was ok but they needed to really wow the audience, because their pitch video is speaking to us old timers (the minority of descenters).

They need fresh blood. To be honest the low ball 300K tells me the team has confidence issues (just its a dead give away). It's too bad Descent underground kind of stole the thunder, because I have no confidence in the developers of underground.

This video is a lesson in marketing by pumping up our emotions

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2016, 08:18.

5. Re: OVERLOAD Multiplayer Plans Feb 17, 2016, 01:52 Suppa7

ViRGE wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 17:04:
Pandering to vocal backers in order to make your goals is a good way to promise more than you can deliver, or to deliver a project that half-asses all parts of the project. It may get them to their funding goal, but it means they have to compromise on quality to get there.

Tragically enough they didn't do much to sell the kickstarter and that was it, they basically tried to make a single player descent game for themselves and didn't seem all that genuine in understanding the their own fans.

I mean if you're going to come back and make a spiritual successor you need to go all out, not just pussyfoot around.

4. Re: OVERLOAD Multiplayer Plans Feb 17, 2016, 01:42 Suppa7

Tragically enough if their pitch was better they could gain money, I'm sure they mean well but they come off as not having learned anything from all the prior kickstarters.

Descent undeground tookoff when it made a trailer near the end of their campaign. This is going to be like all other low fund kickstarters - overpromise and under deliver. There's just no way to do a modern game on less then a million bucks unless you are seriously cutting corners.

The first video on the kickstarter link is what helped them at the end:

Kickstarter for Descent Underground

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2016, 01:48.

News Comments > On DOOM's Campaign Length
32. Re: On DOOM's Campaign Length Feb 15, 2016, 04:47 Suppa7

SlimRam wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 22:56:
Don't know exactly how to explain what I mean, but people that have played a lot of shooters maybe know what i'm talking about?

You're talking about something that you can write books about, I've been working on a universal theory of gameplay.

Basically in any videogame each game object has properties in the game world like - Master cheif has runspeed, etc. Then there are the 'aesthetic' properties that give the game an oomph or feel. Like say weapon swapping, if you had a weapon swap that caused too much delay due to shoulder animations it would ruin the feel of the game and the "gunplay" would be off for waiting for that delay.

It's all the small things that when they put them together take into consideration your attention. It's all about the objects in the game world and their characteristics, they have mathematical qualities you can measure, like for enemies in halo, holster speed/weapon switch time, when to play funny grunt sounds, etc. All that adds up into an experience.

News Comments > On DOOM's Campaign Length
30. Re: On DOOM's Campaign Length Feb 15, 2016, 04:10 Suppa7

Slick wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 00:09:
2002 was a long time ago champ.

Just FYI, Doom 3 was released in 2004.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Feb 14, 2016, 03:43 Suppa7

Quboid wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 23:18:
It's really no surprise but it's not healthy for a franchise to rely on existing fans. However it's only just out, so a large proportion of the players will be XCOM players who were counting the days until they could get their hands on it.

I wonder how these graphs will look in 2 years' time.

It would help if they stopped making it Steam/DRM only. I'd love for more AAA companies to release DRM free versions on gog. I will only think of buying a game on steam if it is cheap. There's no point in paying full price for a rental.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
23. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 14, 2016, 02:55 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 01:34:
Oh, no doubt. So instead of buying Battlfield or CoD, buy games that don't pull that kind of bullshit: ArmA, The Witcher, Shadowrun Returns, etc. etc.

Theroetically it'd be nice if the world worked that way but it doesn't. I am one of the original videogaming generation, I watched as games went from something we had on our computers to being cut up into front end client and back end server, instead of being stand alone programs so that you can never own anything you pay for ever again.

Stupid people and Kids don't know any better and they aren't going to deny themselves entertainment if we are honest with ourselves.

This is where marx was right about capitalism and the means of production, since you have no authority or say in how products are produced beyond voting with money, anyone who doesn't care/doesn't know/is ignorant and votes with their money thereby allows corporations to push products on us because the vast majority are stupid and will willingly give over their money thereby giving funds to make big games everyone wants thereby winning over or forcing the hands of the hold outs.

This is exactly how steam came to power and the same way MMO's paved the way for steam and online DRM.

The set of stupid people who keep giving funds to companies is too legion for free market theory to be anything but a fantasy.

891 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo