Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 900 (Graduate)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer
26. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 09:45 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 21:17:
Enh I dunno. Something sorta off about it? Not hating it, but not loving it either.

The movement is off. The movement is a lot slower than doom and that effects the feel of the game.

Toxikk has better feel if we're going by the trailer footage.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer
18. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 05:51 Suppa7

djinn wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 03:57:
Doesn't seem fast at all. Maybe I'm stuck int he past?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE5b_cTZzBw

No it's definitely slower than doom. If you are going to do an fps you really need to get the feel of movement right.

News Comments > OVERLOAD Teaser Demo
26. Re: OVERLOAD Teaser Demo Mar 9, 2016, 01:47 Suppa7

heroin wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 19:53:
I was fairly impressed with this recent alpha (as buggy as it may be).

But let's consider the money and years of development that have gone by, the man must have blown through a fuck tonne of money and not produced a heck of a lot. It's obvious he sucks at project management. Managing projects is about picking your battles and getting stuff done.

17. Re: OVERLOAD Teaser Demo Mar 8, 2016, 16:50 Suppa7

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 12:22:
Nowadays people are starved for space sims (see the success of SC).

It's all chris roberts, a large chunk of gamers remember wing commander more fondly than freespace sadly. I was never a big wing commander fan.

9. Re: OVERLOAD Teaser Demo Mar 8, 2016, 02:47 Suppa7

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 21:14:
If I had to give those guys some advice: Come back and pitch a proper FreeSpace sequel.

They won't do a sequel because FS2 sold around ~100K copies. FS2 was a flop. I'd say there's even less interest in Freespace than there is in descent. As popular as these games were for us hardcore types they aren't known outside hardcore gaming circles. Freespace 2 was released in 1999, that's almost 17 years ago.

Look at the count on the vid below, roughly 150K views in 5 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhAR8rWPluQ

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2016, 03:19.

News Comments > Warframe Sands of Inaros Update
4. Re: Warframe Sands of Inaros Update Mar 5, 2016, 20:18 Suppa7

maddog wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 23:37:
I've been dabbling in this game for about six to eight months now and I am still not quite sure what I am supposed to be doing.

You're not supposed to be doing anything, there is no end game. The game is just a gear grind for new frames/leveling up weapons. That's it. It's a gear whore game.

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
68. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 17:40 Suppa7

noman wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 13:48:
Actually, I'd say things are looking much better now regarding the DRM-free games.

By DRM Free, we mean the big AAA games. AKA the games that everyone wants. Most DRM free games are old ones or smaller indie titles. AKA they rely on the goodness of small game developers. All the big players are going drm/always online/walled garden.

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
23. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 12:41 Suppa7

Slick wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 11:52:
MS plans some game launches you could count on one hand through their store, and the world shits it's pants.

The same thing was said when valve put DRM into half-life counter strike. Big things come from small beginnings. Many in my generation said that DRM would never become popular, but it did. People are dumber and stupider than you know. As someone from the first generation of of videogame players. Your comments neglect all that has been taken away from gamers over the last 15 years. The videogame industry has essentially taken away our rights to own/modify our own games and everything is increasingly locked down.

News Comments > HTC Vive Preorders This Morning
39. Re: HTC Vive Preorders This Morning Mar 1, 2016, 22:48 Suppa7

Bundy wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 10:15:
saluk wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 02:11:
Saboth wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 18:47:
Just ran the Steam test, and my rig failed completely. Not sure how, get 9800-10100 in Fire Strike, OC 970 with a 4.6 6600k, yet my indicator arrow is on the far right end of the red, indicating not even close to being ready, and it says my 970 is the problem.

Edit: After running the test 3-4 times, the final test resulted in a "7", and the arrow being in the middle of the green "ready". Not sure why the other 3 tests failed.

Same for me, though I have an older 780ti (I think the 780ti and 970 are roughly equivalent in power). It was red, then it was yellow, then it was green twice.

Yeah I have a 780 too so I thought I would fail, in the end it had me right in the middle and said GPU was the problem. Which is what I figured. But then I noticed that it said Number of Frames below 90fps: 0. If it has no trouble reaching 90fps, what's the problem? I'll run the test again maybe.

What is the test/where do you get it?

News Comments > Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10
11. Re: Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10 Feb 28, 2016, 19:32 Suppa7

Jerykk wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 16:30:
Dark Souls felt more "crisp" on PS3? How so?

See the list of cognitive biases, you have to understand the human brain is just retarded, so you get people claiming "the console version is better" when it obviously isn't in most cases unless the port is really bad.

He's suffering massive confirmation bias

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

https://i.imgur.com/czyJsjO.png

News Comments > SUPERHOT Released
19. Re: SUPERHOT Released Feb 27, 2016, 10:24 Suppa7

Quinn wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 21:40:
Remember the game Chaser? It was one of the first FPS games togethet with F.E.A.R. where you could enter slow-motion on command. That was revolutionary back in the day. No need for textureless shit like this to be revolutionary.

The reality is most don't have any memory of gaming history from prior to when they started gaming. So superhot would be 'revolutionary' if you were between 8-20 years old. Someone who started gaming in the mid 2000's isn't going to remember anything pre 2005.

News Comments > X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo
20. Re: X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo Feb 26, 2016, 16:23 Suppa7

It wouldn't be a space game thread if I didn't post a link to freespace 2 SCP....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhAR8rWPluQ

https://www.gog.com/game/freespace_2

http://scp.indiegames.us/

16. Re: SUPERHOT Released Feb 26, 2016, 09:45 Suppa7

Quinn wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 07:37:
I think there's no right or wrong answer to that question. It comes down to taste. Personally, I want a better balance between gameplay and graphics. I'd be OK with this SUPERHOT experience if I found myself in an arcade hall.

I agree from an ideal standpoint, but almost all modern games are watered down retreads of past works if you are honest. I know what you mean that the cinematic gaming experience is awe inspiring, but it also takes away from replayability. There is only so much money and dev time to go around. If all of it is spent making a pseudo-movie experience than that most often means gameplay systems suffer.

13. Re: SUPERHOT Released Feb 26, 2016, 07:32 Suppa7

Quinn wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 07:18:
Soooo they just didn't add textures and people are completely fine with that...

Baffles the mind.

They are laughing so incredibly fucking hard, their hearts won't make it all the way to the bank.

The real question is, does the time and money to texture levels add anything to the fun of the game? IF anything the game industry has spent so much money on art that gameplay has been suffering for more than a decade. I wouldn't mind deeper more fun experiences at lower detail.

News Comments > Darkspore Closing Next Week
12. Re: Darkspore Closing Next Week Feb 24, 2016, 06:09 Suppa7

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 17:04:
At the same time we know what we get when we buy EA products.

The problem is they shouldn't be allowed to confiscated shit you pay for, if we're paying our ownership stake should not be able to be taken away through legal bullshit artistry.

News Comments > On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues
32. Re: On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues Feb 22, 2016, 11:34 Suppa7

El Pit wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 09:00:
He uses everything to support his idea that piracy is great and games should be free.

This is exactly why Americans are known as dumb shits. You are uneducated to an extreme degree.

I nowhere said all games should be free, the problem you're not seeing is there IP/copyright law is a monopoly, the US constitution states these monopolies are supposed to be for limited times and cultural works are to go back into the public domain and into shit like libraries so future generations can enjoy them. But that's too much for the low IQ brains on the internet.

News Comments > Street Fighter V Status Report
5. Re: Street Fighter V Status Report Feb 21, 2016, 06:03 Suppa7

Yifes wrote on Feb 20, 2016, 22:50:
Suppa7 wrote on Feb 20, 2016, 12:09:
This is what happens when games go mainstream, gameplay has to be simplified so even a retarded chimp can "play" it.

He's talking about modified controllers. People spending hundreds of dollars on hardware to cheat online has nothing to do with mainstream game design.

Once again you are talking out of your ass and making a fool out of yourself.

You've missed the point entirely, if the game is so simple you can game the game mechanics with modified controllers, than that means the gameplay design is bad.

I've played with macrobots in SF4 so I know all about how you can use the PC to auto-program moves. It never effected my ability to beat people. I'm just saying simplifying gameplay makes it easier.

So no I wasn't talking out my ass dumbass. I play SF.

News Comments > On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues
15. Re: On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues Feb 21, 2016, 03:20 Suppa7

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 02:00:
Not supporting piracy or anything, but I grabbed the crack for my copy

Don't buy the bullshit narrative, don't cry any crocodile tears for the business community alright. The whole of intellectual property law is corrupt. The concept of licensing games is a sham, why not stand up for your right to OWN the shit you buy? Don't accept the the bullshit laws passed by commercial interests against your right to own, modify and repair your own game. Remember you are paying!

Remember at one point slavery was legal, we should not use state law as a bar for our rights and freedoms.

The reality is gamers are uninformed to how they've been conned out of their rights because IP/copyright/software licensing laws written before the game industry was even born were already overwhelmingly corrupt because the public is too ill informed to understand how they are being conned.

Copyright extension act

News Comments > Street Fighter V Status Report
3. Re: Street Fighter V Status Report Feb 20, 2016, 12:09 Suppa7

cackle wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 20:36:
game destroyed by modified controllers, can't find my self as pumped as i was in beta where online didnt work, cept during pax south.
Today every game is against someone who presses a button and does every attack perfect.. #pointless

This is what happens when games go mainstream, gameplay has to be simplified so even a retarded chimp can "play" it.

News Comments > Need for Speed PC Specs
18. Re: Need for Speed PC Specs Feb 20, 2016, 07:11 Suppa7

Kxmode wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 16:17:
Avus wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 10:56:
If you want to play a 2016 racing game with no in-car view, short list of cars, always drive in the dark and wet, rubber band AI, stupid story, Monster drink product placement.... this is the game for you.

If you're going to bash at least offer an alternative.

Replaying Most wanted (2005) would be better I'm certain, you'd probably get more out of it.

It's a god damn shame blackbox is no longer making NFS.

900 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo