Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 891 (Graduate)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Need for Speed PC Launch
19. Re: Need for Speed PC Launch Mar 18, 2016, 08:40 Suppa7

Tachikoma wrote on Mar 17, 2016, 17:29:
Screamer > NFS

Yes, I enjoy living in a `97 bubble, thankyouverymuch.

Then you never played need for speed world, team escape. Probably one of the best racing game modes ever invented before NFSworld was taken offline.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Planetary Annihilation Keys
25. Re: Free Planetary Annihilation Keys Mar 17, 2016, 10:54 Suppa7

Slashman wrote on Mar 17, 2016, 08:03:
Those folks that threw over $10K at Star Citizen? They have zero recourse if the game never moves past beta.

The whole problem wasn't just the incomplete nature of the game, but the fact they went back on easy promises like NO DRM. They had drm right from the get go that was their big plan and they had their spin machine going full blast through early access to hide the fact they knew going in it would be DRM'd. The community uproar was what made them reneg to some degree but it's still chained to that awful server browser shit despite now being playable in 'offline mode'. Modern gaming is a nightmare of needlessly complex bullshit stunts pulled by developers and publishers, just to lock down the fucking game.

The 90's overall were such a better time for videogame fans with level editors and genuine camaraderie between devs and fans, so much so they released open source to the community. Modern game devs/pubs are just pumping and dumping the stupid half of humanity full tilt because they know they are sheep.

I remember all the maps and models for quake and I look at the modern wasteland that is DLC and microtransactions for those stupid bastards who basically gave the go ahead for devs not to release tools as it would interfere with their microtransaction plans.

You see valve whoring themselves out in dota 2 trying to get paid modding so they get a cut of everything. Gaming is such a shit fest because most of mankind is at subhuman levels of intelligence.

News Comments > Free Planetary Annihilation Keys
23. Re: Free Planetary Annihilation Keys Mar 17, 2016, 04:22 Suppa7

WebSoldier wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 21:26:
For a free game you guy sure want to complain,

It wasn't free you moron. To the people who funded the game, they had every right to complain about it. PA was crowdfunded, since players funded the development of the game. The developer broke it's promises and then some. No one in their right mind would not criticize the clusterfuck that was planetary annihilation.

News Comments > Need for Speed PC Launch
6. Re: Need for Speed PC Launch Mar 17, 2016, 01:12 Suppa7

Kxmode wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 22:48:
Can you play in cockpit mode?

P.S. Origin has no user reviews? What kind of digital distribution platform has no user ratings? Weak.

User ratings can be gamed anyways, not really a big deal. It's better just to look at negative reviews and find the posts that ring a bell for you.

News Comments > Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off
13. Re: Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off Mar 16, 2016, 21:54 Suppa7

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 16:30:
Seriously, when will you people ever learn?

Never, let's remember the public first paved the way for all this shit with MMO's back in the day. If you knew anything about computers you know you wanted to avoid paying a subscription for a DRM'd RPG. The game industry has just had to wait for a group of kids who didn't grow up during the 90's PC game boom and are mostly computer illiterate.

Anyone who gamed during that time has to be fucking horrified that the new generation has given away everything, their rights, their freedom to modify their own games, because their impatient irrational addicted monkeys.

Publishers must be laughing their asses off at how easily kids these days buy their shit about games as a service, dlc, etc. They got everything they ever wanted and then some.

News Comments > The Division Claims More Sales Records
8. Re: The Division Claims More Sales Records Mar 16, 2016, 08:22 Suppa7

Retired wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 08:14:
eh. Still can't justify the purchase. Watched several hours of people play and videos....just can't do it, and this would normally be something I would be all over.

/birthday coming up.....I think my age may be showing....brb.....HAY YOU DAMN KIDS GET OFF OF MY LAWN!

It's the nature of getting old, you've played so many games and companies know they can rehash because there are constantly new kids being born all over the world.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 15, 2016, 23:05 Suppa7

Julio wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 18:09:
Cutter wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 14:34:
Trudeau and Obama quietly agree to sell out their citizens even further

Everyone should have known that Trudeau is (and will be) worse than Harper ever was.

There both just as bad, they are all on the same side - the oligarchs.

"Intended as an internal document. Good reading to understand the nature of rich democracies and the fact that the common people are not allowed to play a role."

Crisis of democracy

Crisis of democracy - pdf

Crisis of democracy

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
16. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 14, 2016, 06:51 Suppa7

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 14:28:
TI don't get why they are doing this.

Because the human mind is not rational at all, the very fact so many people have backed a project before it was even completed tells us a lot about humanities brain tragically... that it's not very good at reasoning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYmi0DLzBdQ

News Comments > Street Fighter V New Character & Patch Plans
16. Re: Street Fighter V New Character & Patch Plans Mar 14, 2016, 04:33 Suppa7

Razumen wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 20:08:
Tachikoma wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 11:29:
Simply put, people are more than willing to trade ownership for minor convenience and it`s a sad truth.

When added all together, Steam's "minor" inconveniences definitely become pretty damn big. The platform's success is due to how far it's grown and improved, not because gamers are lazy.

It really has nothing to do with the fact that we are lazy, it's the fact we are 100's of miles away from these organizations we are buying games from. Do we think gabe would have gotten away with shoving DRM in half-life and counterstrike in 2004 if we had all been within two blocks of his company? Hell no.

The free market simply doesn't scale because we can't keep trade relationships honest when buyer and seller are at a distance from one another.

11. Re: Street Fighter V New Character & Patch Plans Mar 13, 2016, 10:47 Suppa7

Razumen wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 10:35:
Steam is one of the best things to happen to PC gaming,

No it was the worst, it paved the way for the acceptance of alway online DRM. Note most new releases on steam now have permanent online DRM. They've boiled you all so slowly and now all new AAA games can be shut off at the whim of game companies you moron. They've successfully removed game ownership from your hands and are doing the full court press to take away game ownership permanently.

The list of AAA games going always online is growing every year until every AAA will require an online connection. You can thank MMO companies and gabe for that, we used to get dedicated servers with games in the 90's, we haven't had real dedicated servers that were not steam back ends or bullshit integrated matchmaking on publishers servers for many years now.

9. Re: Street Fighter V New Character & Patch Plans Mar 13, 2016, 09:44 Suppa7

Tachikoma wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 06:30:
However the only reason "it will be done forever" is precisely because of the lack of "complaining". Gamers seem to be especially gullible somehow and this is why we`re being nickel and dimed as much as possible. But when we occasionally unite - somehow for a silly (ME3 ending) or not so silly (X1 online only) reason, change might happen.

Has nothing to do with it, the new generation gamers have no idea how computers work. The vast majority of gamers are computer illiterate. This one reason why game companies can get away with total criminality.

The real reason though is that free market theory is false.

"We" (those of us who resisted DRMs/MMO, etc) didn't do anything, the stupid half of mankind did. AKA the theory of the free market is false and can only work when buyer and seller are within a block of one another. Otherwise we can't effect these companies policies because we are 100's of miles away, so they can just shove shit on through and the stupid half will buy enough to cause the rest to cave.

If the smart half of the gaming community was within a couple blocks of major game companies we could force policy changes by venting our anger and complaints. Complaining from 100 miles away simply doesn't work. The rise of Steam/MMO's/DRM is all because companies are far away from us when they are pulling their criminal shit. It allows them to just be nakedly criminal without immediate geographic blowback they'd normally get if we were all close to them.

News Comments > DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer
26. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 09:45 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 21:17:
Enh I dunno. Something sorta off about it? Not hating it, but not loving it either.

The movement is off. The movement is a lot slower than doom and that effects the feel of the game.

Toxikk has better feel if we're going by the trailer footage.

News Comments > DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer
18. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 05:51 Suppa7

djinn wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 03:57:
Doesn't seem fast at all. Maybe I'm stuck int he past?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE5b_cTZzBw

No it's definitely slower than doom. If you are going to do an fps you really need to get the feel of movement right.

News Comments > OVERLOAD Teaser Demo
26. Re: OVERLOAD Teaser Demo Mar 9, 2016, 01:47 Suppa7

heroin wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 19:53:
I was fairly impressed with this recent alpha (as buggy as it may be).

But let's consider the money and years of development that have gone by, the man must have blown through a fuck tonne of money and not produced a heck of a lot. It's obvious he sucks at project management. Managing projects is about picking your battles and getting stuff done.

17. Re: OVERLOAD Teaser Demo Mar 8, 2016, 16:50 Suppa7

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 12:22:
Nowadays people are starved for space sims (see the success of SC).

It's all chris roberts, a large chunk of gamers remember wing commander more fondly than freespace sadly. I was never a big wing commander fan.

9. Re: OVERLOAD Teaser Demo Mar 8, 2016, 02:47 Suppa7

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 21:14:
If I had to give those guys some advice: Come back and pitch a proper FreeSpace sequel.

They won't do a sequel because FS2 sold around ~100K copies. FS2 was a flop. I'd say there's even less interest in Freespace than there is in descent. As popular as these games were for us hardcore types they aren't known outside hardcore gaming circles. Freespace 2 was released in 1999, that's almost 17 years ago.

Look at the count on the vid below, roughly 150K views in 5 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhAR8rWPluQ

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2016, 03:19.

News Comments > Warframe Sands of Inaros Update
4. Re: Warframe Sands of Inaros Update Mar 5, 2016, 20:18 Suppa7

maddog wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 23:37:
I've been dabbling in this game for about six to eight months now and I am still not quite sure what I am supposed to be doing.

You're not supposed to be doing anything, there is no end game. The game is just a gear grind for new frames/leveling up weapons. That's it. It's a gear whore game.

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
68. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 17:40 Suppa7

noman wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 13:48:
Actually, I'd say things are looking much better now regarding the DRM-free games.

By DRM Free, we mean the big AAA games. AKA the games that everyone wants. Most DRM free games are old ones or smaller indie titles. AKA they rely on the goodness of small game developers. All the big players are going drm/always online/walled garden.

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
23. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 12:41 Suppa7

Slick wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 11:52:
MS plans some game launches you could count on one hand through their store, and the world shits it's pants.

The same thing was said when valve put DRM into half-life counter strike. Big things come from small beginnings. Many in my generation said that DRM would never become popular, but it did. People are dumber and stupider than you know. As someone from the first generation of of videogame players. Your comments neglect all that has been taken away from gamers over the last 15 years. The videogame industry has essentially taken away our rights to own/modify our own games and everything is increasingly locked down.

News Comments > HTC Vive Preorders This Morning
39. Re: HTC Vive Preorders This Morning Mar 1, 2016, 22:48 Suppa7

Bundy wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 10:15:
saluk wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 02:11:
Saboth wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 18:47:
Just ran the Steam test, and my rig failed completely. Not sure how, get 9800-10100 in Fire Strike, OC 970 with a 4.6 6600k, yet my indicator arrow is on the far right end of the red, indicating not even close to being ready, and it says my 970 is the problem.

Edit: After running the test 3-4 times, the final test resulted in a "7", and the arrow being in the middle of the green "ready". Not sure why the other 3 tests failed.

Same for me, though I have an older 780ti (I think the 780ti and 970 are roughly equivalent in power). It was red, then it was yellow, then it was green twice.

Yeah I have a 780 too so I thought I would fail, in the end it had me right in the middle and said GPU was the problem. Which is what I figured. But then I noticed that it said Number of Frames below 90fps: 0. If it has no trouble reaching 90fps, what's the problem? I'll run the test again maybe.

What is the test/where do you get it?

891 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo