Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 891 (Graduate)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > New Diablo Plans Revealed?
22. Re: New Diablo Plans Revealed? Jul 2, 2016, 17:37 Suppa7

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 12:24:
aka... paraphrasing (they don't explain what they think grim dawn got right)

Grim dawn got the atmosphere of the world mostly correct, It feels good to play the game. Even though the combat is pretty basic (as is for most arpg's).

I'd put magicka IMHO as top arpg of the last 10 years over both diablo 3 and torchlight 2, PoE and grim dawn. What made diablo 1/2 addictive was not merely the loot, it was because the original creators of diablo actually took fighting game mechanics and put combined them with rpg eleements. This is why things while crude in diablo 2 had a feeling they were going in the right direction -> sword swing + shield bash stun, + charge. Aka there were actual moves you could use on enemys instead of just wacking against a mostly static target. All ARPG's have problems with over simplified combat. IMHO I would love deeper combat in both poe, diablo 3+, torchlight, et al.

I played RPG's mostly for the combat, so if the combat sucks I can't get into the game and thats most rpg's since todays rpg's are so fucking automated its tragic. I can't stand auto-combat, so I can't stand most mmo's, where the skill and depth has been taken out so everyone can participate and pay that mmo subscription fee. So RPG's have been pretty much a write off for me. WoW, EQ, ultima online, FF XI, etc. Were all just trash in my eyes. Just too much auto-mated busywork bullshit without anything really deep and interesting going on.

Grim dawn has a gritty tone that is not that cartoon bullshit from diablo 3. While the levels can feel a little stale they are miles more atmospheric than what diablo 3 put out at release. AKA grim dawns levels and world could easily put a story and atmosphere that would make diablo 3 look like total garbage. Now the TQ developers mainly did game systems and put in a mostly forgettable story. But if they put some decent amount of work into the world of grim dawn I have no doubt it would make diablo 3 look like crap.

To be honest with you -- I haven't been a fan of ARPG (all of them) because I got burnt out. I've just played too many videogames over the years as an old gamer, almost 90% of new games I don't buy or don't do anything for me. I skipped Skyrim, oblivion, Fallout 3, etc. they are just such bad games generally in terms of their combat and the pacing. They've unlearned all the good game design lessons of the 90's. Since the average gamer is a bit of a moron and rather easy to please and thick explaining the nuances can be tough.

The combat in skyrim is easy mode and dumbed down but the world sure is purty. I like the atmosphere the world creates but I can't stand how the characters look or control (the people all seem so wooden). Let's be honest here. Gaming took a direction towards realistic graphics that has actually hindered it to a large degree. I'm more interested in seeing things that don't have to look like our reality. I want people to impress me with their imaginations. Things like skyrim and the new god of war demo sony released. Just look like everything that is wrong with modern gamings obession with 'looking real' and stimulating our emotions through audio visual flair instead of intrinsic gameplay systems - aka interesting interactions and things to do in the game.

The last 15 or 20 years gameplay has pretty much stagnated due to the fact the game industry has gone in the direction of the least amount of content for the most amount of money since the average consumer is so stupid.

While now games look like movies the gameplay and deep imaginative systems are lacking.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2016, 17:43.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: New Diablo Plans Revealed? Jul 2, 2016, 11:53 Suppa7

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 11:43:
Choices do matter in D3... at least now, but I agree with you that they are always reversible, I don't see that as a bad thing ;)

The problem was the gap 10+ year development/cultural gap between diablo 2 and diablo 3 and the fact that diablo 3 wasn't made by the original team. that's why D3 is so divisive, newer gamers and the not so bright half of the original videogaming generation wont get all of what's wrong with diablo 3. Let's just all admit diablo 3 was bad on release, even now its still pretty garbage generally. I still prefer path of exile over diablo 3 tbh even with PoE's flaws.

17. Re: New Diablo Plans Revealed? Jul 2, 2016, 10:26 Suppa7

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 09:48:
Then again, I am not one of those who think D2 was better than D3...

And you've disqualified yourself. D2 was made before world of warcraft fucked up everything. Diablo 3 while a respectably made arpg was pretty shit on release, and don't get me started on how they ruined the lore/story/characters of the diablo universe. If you liked the universe/setting of diablo then diablo 3 is a tragedy. Next diablo 3 made your choices not matter, everything is reversible. So there is no risk involved or challenge to playing a character where you've made x choices.

While diablo 3 is mechanically sound online drm, no lan, and general ignorance and doucheyness of young gamers means diablo is done. Grim dawn and Path of exile are really in the spirit of diablo 1/2 despite their flaws. Diablo 3 is just a console arpg. Diablo 2 had issues but the original team could have made the customization interesting had they had a crack at doing d3, too bad with all the usual fuckery in the game industry that didn't happen because world of warcraft fucked up everything. I wish that game hadn't become so successful its a cancer on gaming, every bad about game design went into mmo's/wow. It fucked up the sequels both starcraft and diablo 3.

News Comments > G2A Planning Changes
46. Re: G2A Planning Changes Jun 28, 2016, 15:27 Suppa7

Orogogus wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 15:21:
Action like what? The credit card company isn't going to do jack, their natural inclination is going to be to put it all on their customer (the publisher). The publisher isn't going to know anything's amiss until keys show up on the market below cost.

Uhh that's the whole point, the people who make credit cards, and provide money payments as a service and charge for it are ultimatley responsible for fraud committed using their services. AKA if you can't make it fraud proof, aren't making secure cards. That's the company's fault not G2A's. It's weird how people want to gang up on G2A when the whole game industry is scummy and fraudulent to begin with. Taking away level editors, putting online drm in games, etc.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer
18. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer Jun 26, 2016, 15:15 Suppa7

Slashman wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 09:54:
You sound like a bitter little kid: "Everyone needs to have MY kind of fun or they suck! The whole world sucks! Now where's my blanky?!?!??"

No, the average gamer is a fucking moron - mmo's, f2p, league of legends... it's overwhelming proof the gaming masses are fucking chimps.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 8, 2016, 14:31 Suppa7

LittleMe wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 13:24:
Suppa7 wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 13:14:
LittleMe wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 00:28:
Why is it their place to be involved in policy decisions in the first place? That's a blatant conflict of interest. Of course they want more power. They should not be involved in policy decisions.

They are not restrained because the rich and powerful fear the masses waking up. You're under the dangerous illusion as to how power actually works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7ZyJw_cHJY

Thanks, I already know about that. You presume too much what I do and do not know, unless you can read my mind. Maybe you do have superpowers I don't know for sure.

I'm sorry to tell you but you said this:"]Why is it their place to be involved in policy decisions in the first place? That's a blatant conflict of interest."

The words you use suggest you're unaware. "the conflict of interest" is an illusion, a lie you are told as as citizen. The rich and their orgnaizations in government do what they want. You are told the lie about how you rule and seperation of powers and all of that.

"Because we say so"

http://www.amazon.com/Because-City-Lights-Open-Media/dp/0872866572

Our brains are much worse at reality and thinking than thought. Science on reasoning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYmi0DLzBdQ

"Intended as an internal document. Good reading to understand the nature of rich democracies and the fact that the common people are not allowed to play a role."

Crisis of democracy

http://trilateral.org/download/doc/crisis_of_democracy.pdf

http://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Democracy-Governability-Democracies-Trilateral/dp/0814713653/

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 8, 2016, 13:14 Suppa7

LittleMe wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 00:28:
Why is it their place to be involved in policy decisions in the first place? That's a blatant conflict of interest. Of course they want more power. They should not be involved in policy decisions.

They are not restrained because the rich and powerful fear the masses waking up. You're under the dangerous illusion as to how power actually works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7ZyJw_cHJY

News Comments > Hard Reset Redux Released
26. Re: Hard Reset Redux Released Jun 5, 2016, 08:45 Suppa7

I love how people bag on hard reset but with slather accolades over the latest AAA crap.

Like the hard on the internet has for over-watch, a multiplayer only game with a huge dearth of content with nothing we haven't seen before.

News Comments > Battleborn Double XP Weekend
23. Re: Battleborn Double XP Weekend May 23, 2016, 02:43 Suppa7

The Half Elf wrote on May 22, 2016, 11:58:
It doesn't feel like a rehashed game I've played already.

LOL overwatch is every bad videogame trope from the last 30 years in a single package. I mean "soldier 76" certainly a fountain of creativity.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. May 21, 2016, 04:31 Suppa7

Creston wrote on May 19, 2016, 20:32:
"We sold a barebones game for $60 (and another 30 or so for the season pass/map pack bullshit.) It's not our fault! Good news is we'll fix it for the next game, which you can pre-order now for $60!!"

Pretty much the story of videogames the last decade or so.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II Revealed
27. Re: Pillars of Eternity II Revealed May 18, 2016, 08:22 Suppa7

Yifes wrote on May 18, 2016, 01:56:
The critical praise is pretty much unanimous, and user reviews are good with a very positive rating on Steam.

I understand what you are saying but Critical praise and reviews in the modern environment don't mean much. People who've been gaming since the NES and people who were born just before or after the year 2000 will have very different ideas of what makes a good game. Generations will differ. So many game reviews are not comparable. I hate world of warcraft for instance. Many people like it, but that doesn't mean many crap games find followings.

News Comments > People Can Fly FPS Plans
14. Re: People Can Fly FPS Plans May 16, 2016, 02:58 Suppa7

Warskull wrote on May 14, 2016, 13:01:
People Can Fly split up after it got bought by Epic. Their best talent seems to have gone to Flying Wild Hog. FWH made Hard Reset and the Shadow Warrior reboot.

It's one of the few oldschool developers left.

News Comments > DOOM Released
103. Re: DOOM Released May 14, 2016, 06:17 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on May 14, 2016, 02:44:
Piracy is one reason why the server-based, free to play model has come into vogue: it's easier to prevent piracy. But it makes for awful games.

The reality is opposite, developers figured out most people are at subhuman levels of intelligence as they saw with riot, and got all starry-eyed, that they can release a multiplayer game with a couple maps and just charge for models and skins for characters without ever giving people the game

News Comments > World Esports Association
6. Re: World Esports Association May 14, 2016, 04:17 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on May 13, 2016, 21:12:
Sepharo wrote on May 13, 2016, 20:26:
I mean, that's kind of the point of the 'e' in Esports no?
To differentiate it from regular "sports" without the 'e'.

A sport requires a modicum of physical effort at the very least. Why not call it what it is? Pro-Gaming. If gaming is a sport than so is watching TV.

Uhh gaming requires effort, it's just a more mental kind of effort. Go play SMITE and do the matchmaking and watch how much difference there is between good and bad players. Huge difference between players. It's part of the reason gaming was dumbed down, the average person sucks at videogames so games are dumbed down to chimp factor five because of the poor reflexes and general stupidity of the average gamer.

News Comments > 9.7 Million Play the Overwatch Beta
20. Re: 9.7 Million Play the Overwatch Beta May 13, 2016, 05:36 Suppa7

Flo wrote on May 13, 2016, 04:10:
Jackplug wrote on May 13, 2016, 04:06:
9.7m might of played it, but 9.7m wont buy it or reinstall it if free.
Are you kidding? I am an old school Quake/UT player. I wanted to hate it but it was awesome. Instant buy on release.

I can't say the same, it's nothing new in FPS land.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 13, 2016, 00:42 Suppa7

"HDD Shipments Down 20% in Q1 2016, Hit Multi-Year Low."

Yeah that has something to do with high hard drive prices, I remember when 2TB drives were $69 CDN. Given the length of time 3TB drives should be in the 70-80 dollar range but the go from 109 to 120.

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch
55. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 9, 2016, 05:01 Suppa7

Yifes wrote on May 7, 2016, 00:53:
Suppa7 wrote on May 6, 2016, 16:47:
There was all sorts of crazy shit in the mod community if you ever played anything besides bog standard games you'd know that. You come off as another retard.

Then prove it. Name some multiplayer FPS mods from the 90s that had melee tanks with AOE shields, Pudge hooks, time rewinds, ultimates etc. Do it. You can't cuz you're full of shit.

I don't need to prove shit when there is google dumbass. There's this thing called moddb. You simply google 'quake mods' and you'll find all sorts of interesting shit. I'm not going to do homework for historically illiterate shit for brains like you.

News Comments > Op Ed
54. Re: Op Ed May 9, 2016, 03:28 Suppa7

Dev wrote on May 9, 2016, 01:23:
a) Steam took us away from crazy levels of DRM like starforce, to much more reasonable levels of steam DRM.

Sorry to tell you that ain't the case. EA is planning for a future where they "Stream" games to us, aka everything will go 'online only' in the future. That's the future they want where videogames are encrypted internet broadcasts, they want to turn games into TV.

Dev wrote on May 7, 2016, 20:20:
a) Steam took us away from crazy levels of DRM like starforce,

The DRM fenix rises again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo

Sorry to tell you also, "online games", overwatch is drm'd game. So we're already there. You now have paid for a game that can be shut off if blizzard deems it so.

MMO's are drm'd games FYI. The are just software rebadged via marketing speak.

Dev wrote on May 7, 2016, 20:20:
Basically the crazier and greedier grabs for money keep getting worse, and people don't stop buying them but just keep sucking it up, so it keeps getting worse. Steam didn't cause that.

Yeah they did, alright since they have market power in the relationship and the average human being is ignorant as fuck. Because they have billions of dollar and armies of psychologists they get to push changes on people who are ignorant and unaware of how they are being ripped off. Most people don't understand how technology works nor should they be expected to know how it works, the human mind didn't evolve to participate in a high tech capitalist society. This is why we have such bizarre and corrupt behaviour being fed by the illiterate and ignorant among mankind.

The problem is human reasoning does not work anything like free market theory requires in order to function.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYmi0DLzBdQ

This comment was edited on May 9, 2016, 03:45.

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed May 7, 2016, 20:20 Suppa7

Slashman wrote on May 7, 2016, 19:49:
Anybody who truly believes that Steam has not been the strongest force in ensuring the continuing health of PC gaming over the past decade is in complete denial.

Bullshit, steam enabled online DRM and normalized it. The rise of F2P games like league of legends where you can't make new levels, skins, or mod the game is total bullshit and notice more and more big releases are rebadged with marketing terms "online only" or "social game" or blizzard rebranding/telling us "diablo 3 was really meant to be an MMO"

You have to be at fucking subhuman levels of intelligence to think steam saved PC gaming, steam is fucking cancer. From greenlight, to early access, to being spied on every waking moment of time you are playing a game with steam integration.

PC gaming would have survived just fine without steam, there was always money in PC games. The corporate world just wants total fucking control and idiot morons like you give it them. Anyone who thinks the modern gaming environment is positive with the lack of dedicated servers players control, lack of lan, DRM in diablo 3, single player lag, is a fucking moron extrodinaire. Pre-high speed internet being everywhere they had to give you the fucking entire game, now they can chop it up and turn into some gangrene bullshit with a storefront to sell you "nothing" for a game that you will never own and who's content is totally owned by the game company.

Compared to the days of duke, descent and Quake, modern gaming is fucking cancer. Watching people slobber all over overwatch or battleborn with online drm was the last straw for me. The people who inhabit modern gaming are just fucking slave like corporate ball licking shit for brains.

The reason people buy steam games on sale, is there's no point in paying full price for a game you are essentially 'renting' and can be taken away at any time should valve change when its leader dies.

News Comments > DOOM Launch Trailer & System Requirements
37. Re: DOOM Launch Trailer & System Requirements May 6, 2016, 17:03 Suppa7

D-Rock wrote on May 6, 2016, 13:47:
The DOOM multiplayer beta was not representative of the final product

LOL man you need to go back to class, of course the beta was representative of the final product, it's not going to magically play radically differently from what we got in beta. With stupid classes and weapon limits.

891 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo