Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 959 (Graduate)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Descent Underground Delayed; Resumes Testing; Changes Name?
17. Re: Descent Underground Delayed; Resumes Testing; Changes Name? Oct 6, 2018, 03:02 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 21:30:
I missed the Overload sale the other day, but I'm dying to play it. The demo felt sooo good.

Wait for sale or or until the console versions are released if you're looking to play multiplayer. The multiplayer is essentially very dead at this point. Also if you are looking to do multiplayer it pays to join the discord channel, check the steam forum. Every week or so the devs/friends of devs have a play session if you're fast you can join one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Descent Underground Delayed; Resumes Testing; Changes Name? Oct 5, 2018, 21:46 Suppa7

Kxmode wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 19:29:
It's a black-and-white issue.

Man your whole post reads like one giant misunderstanding. You've clearly misread my post. Here is what I said:

Star citizens devs have NO EXPERIENCE MAKING A DESCENT. Just because they worked on other games DOES NOT mean they would be a good developer for making descent. Knowledge of what makes descent a descent game is required to make one, aka knowledge regarding the ship ship physics and weapon design, the shit that is actually hard.

From what I've seen of descent underground it's a giant steaming pile, the levels look alright but the ship models, weapons and general universe is down right amateur level atrocious.

The whole thing with bringing mining into descent is just bad, bringing shit into descent that descent doesn't need. The original descent were basically were corridor action games verging on some horror elements deep underground with dark caverns and robot action divided into levels with end bosses and secret levels like traditional arcade games.

Star citizens devs want Descent to be something else but without the budget or manpower to make it happen.

13. Re: Descent Underground Delayed; Resumes Testing; Changes Name? Oct 5, 2018, 17:48 Suppa7

Kxmode wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 16:24:
The reality is NO ONE stole anything.

I didn't mean "Steal" in the literal sense, I mean "reduce the funding for overload". AKA many people funding DU didn't grasp that the real descent developers were not making DU. A team with no past experience making descent and thereby if they fuck it up ruining or tarnishing the IP.

AKA descent got more funds because the star citizens guys got the trademark therefore the REAL developers didn't get as much money as they could have used to build a better descent. So that's what I mean.

AKA the people who really should have gotten that money didn't because of bad timing, so yeah the DU kickstarter ultimately hurt overload.

12. Re: Descent Underground Delayed; Resumes Testing; Changes Name? Oct 5, 2018, 17:43 Suppa7

Nut wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 16:44:
Of course, reviews are subjective.

However, I'm surprised to hear anyone state this.

The consensus of enthusiasts loves Overload and rightly so. It's a great game and a worthy heir to the Descent-style 6DOF FPS genre.

That's because they are over-rating the game, the case of overload is a special case because descent players have been starving in a desert for 20 years, so that means their opinions need to be taken with a grain of salt. Just like when metroid prime was released, another over-rated game. It had been years since super metroid and metroid prime came along, when you get a healthy distance from the hype of the game you can see these games were not anywhere near what the gushing reviews said they were. Because of deprivation. When gamers have been waiting for a long time for a sequel to one of their favorite franchises they tend to over rate the game as a general rule.

The sales data from overload is pretty poor, and you can see the anemic multiplayer numbers. Let's not forget almost nobody knows that overload is descent remade except a tiny minority of elitists like ourselves.

I can't say I was too impressed with overload because the problem is they just remade descent but game dev has learned many lessons in 20 years with the rise of cinematic gaming, that means the standards for single player campaigns have skyrocketed way beyond the 90's SP campaigns of descent.

So yeah I was pretty disappointed with the end half of overloads story, it was good until near the end where shit just went stupid.

Also the complete lack of bosses like in previous descents were a big disappointment. The game felt like it needed more time in the oven and team descent basically pushed it out because they'd consumed their budget.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com
25. removed Oct 5, 2018, 17:35 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 5, 2018, 21:11.

24. removed Oct 5, 2018, 17:33 Suppa7

* REMOVED *

8. Re: Descent Underground Delayed; Resumes Testing; Changes Name? Oct 5, 2018, 15:25 Suppa7

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 15:17:
The devs of Overload and Descent get along well and respect each other.

Which means nothing when the people who are making the new descent are not skilled enough or ever have made a descent game before. The original developers had a hard time enough making descent as it was and they cocked up descent 3 something fierce and a bunch of new guys think they can make a descent game? I mean come on I looked at their models and I laughed. These guys are hacks I'm sorry to tell ya. While these guys may get along. As a fan of descent, I know what makes descent what it is, and the star citizen guys have no fucking clue so it's going to be a disaster.

The problem I have is with the ruining the descent brand by bringing their amateur work to the table. IF we want more descents then it would pay to not have a developer making descent who's never made one before because of they don't hit it out of the park, 6DOF will suffer again.

Overload didn't really have enough manpower to make something special they barely squeeked by and the multiplayer is dead because of the fucked up way they constructed multiplayer.

Watching the descent devs screw the pooch on multiplayer just was maddening, the whole industry has bought into the drm matchmaking coolaid instead of allowing people to start games and do something in the game while they are waiting for players to appear.

4. Re: Descent Underground Delayed; Resumes Testing; Changes Name? Oct 5, 2018, 12:28 Suppa7

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 11:31:
After the excellent Overload (which was made by actual Descent devs) was Kickstarted, developed and released in the time this thing has been in testing and still remains more or less a mess, I'm not supremely confident. Always love more 6DOF stuff but I've had press access to this for a long time and yeah, it's got a LONG way to go and Overload has set a high bar.

It's going to be bad... The reality is this project stole the money, thunder and name the descent devs could have used. Almost nobody knows overload was released and the original devs only got 300K while the DU team got 600K. I was pissed that devs from star citizen basically stole the thunder for a descent remake because they were first and they had somehow gotten the descent trademark.

14. removed Oct 5, 2018, 05:47 Suppa7

* REMOVED *

News Comments > Darksiders III FORCE FURY Trailer
4. Re: Darksiders III FORCE FURY Trailer Oct 5, 2018, 02:02 Suppa7

Alamar wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 12:27:
Looking good... I really should force myself to finish #2 though...

Don't Darksiders 2 is the worst of the series. They had to rush the 2nd half of the game because THQ was going bankrupt if anyone remembers. Darksiders 2 was the victim of the time THQ was going under because of bad management.

News Comments > New Blizzard President
12. Re: New Blizzard President Oct 5, 2018, 01:19 Suppa7

heroin wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 22:00:
I also hate the focus on eSports. I hope they get back to making new single-player games w/ multiplayer components.

LOL not going to happen, you idiots bought drm infested games. PC games have been succesfully stolen and game ownership undermined. So they are going to focus on microtransactions and that means multiplayer oriented games.

10. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 4, 2018, 23:51 Suppa7

GinRummy wrote on Oct 4, 2018, 23:34:
Dang it, I owned one of the three possible free games, and they pick the one I already had.

Oh darn its not like you can't find them for free and just wait until the next sale.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 25, 2018, 06:37 Suppa7

mxmissile wrote on Sep 24, 2018, 19:00:
Kinda confused why twitter users want to give our internet's control to the government,

Says the gamers who've allowed companies to steal videogames.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Sep 8, 2018, 08:01 Suppa7

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 16:10:
That's why I did not even bother with this shit and I think players should have known better.

Man you must be lacking any kind of awareness if you think gamers are brilliant. The last 20 years was overwhelming evidence the gaming masses are idiots

1) ultima rpgs and other PC single player rpgs in development relabelled mmo's and charged subscription

2) Valve forces DRM into steam trojan horses his way to billion dollar steam store via fraud and theft of videogame software.

3) Riot games appears starts making millions of dollars from idiot morons who buy skins in games they don't own or control

4) iphone and smart phone penetration become significant and devs release gambling games on smart phones with mtx.

5) People see all the mtx money and stop giving software to gamers.

6) Whole industry doubles down on stealing software from gamers, especially AAA gaming industry and calls it a "Service".

And you think gamers should know better? You yourself bought a drm enabled game ffs.

News Comments > Quake Champions Adds The Longest Yard
5. Re: etc. Sep 8, 2018, 07:47 Suppa7

deqer wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 11:45:
So, nothing new on the training system, which is why new players quit this game after getting rolled by players who know how to strafe jump.

You've certainly achieved your objective to cater to "old school players" though? ...

Hahaha quake champions does not cater to old school players, old school players don't want an f2p game with no dedicated servers, modding, qeradiant, no rocket arena, etc.

Quake champions is pretty much as dumbed down as you can make it before it's not quake and ventures into overwatch level of dumbed down territory.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Turns Eight Five
3. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Turns <strike>Eight</strike> Five Sep 1, 2018, 20:04 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 14:59:
The kids want to play this with me after watching Dad of Light. I'm kind of reticent to get 3 copies for $60, then have to pay $13 per month per person on top of that.

Anything similar to this that's cheaper?

There's tonnes of free mmo's on mobile. Go get the nox player get a gmail account and play free 2 play rpg's until your hearts content. I'm sure your kid can find something he likes. It will save you a tonne of money.

https://www.bignox.com/

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 27, 2018, 18:15 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Aug 24, 2018, 16:30:
And once again we see the GOP is anti-worker. Yet the majority of their base are those selfsame idiots who continually vote against their own self-interest. Hence the old saying, 'There are two kinds of conservatives. The rich and the stupid. Most of them aren't rich.'

I got news for ya, it's not just conservatives. Anyone who's voting for democrats or repubs is pretty much ignorant capitalist democracy is a sham anyway.

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27074746

News Comments > The Last Remnant Sales Ending
9. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Adds Multiplayer in July Aug 26, 2018, 16:35 Suppa7

Flatline wrote on Aug 24, 2018, 19:02:
I'd actually suggest hunting down the book of vignettes that the author wrote for the game. There's some achingly beautiful writing there.

All I could find when I googled was this, is this it?

https://www.amazon.com/Last-Remnant-Fourline-Trilogy-Book-ebook/dp/B015FMVCXG

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2018, 18:08.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer
44. Re: DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer Aug 16, 2018, 18:16 Suppa7

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 14:42:
Gaming has evolved past this simpleton shit. Pass.

Gaming has "evolved"? Gaming has been on a big downward spiral since late 2002-2004, where we now have First person shooter season(tm), racing season(tm), and MOBA season(tm).

While graphics have improved I'll give you that. Gameplay has been held back for almost 20 years ever since Halo 1 and regenerating health.

Everyone and their mother has been completely undermining game ownership, thanks to morons giving money and making f2p games viable. DRM has become super intrusive and now we have accounts and separate launchers everywhere.

Doom Eternal will most likely ship with bethesda's launcher, a form of always online drm.

News Comments > Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale
43. Re: Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale Aug 12, 2018, 00:05 Suppa7

KezClone wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 20:57:
This may be the stupidest post ever on Blues.

Son, buy a used car lately? You expect us to only buy new and hang onto it forever?

Why wouldn't guys like that think they can eventually get what they want? Corporations have won the copyright extension battle every time for the last 100 years, it's guys like that basically taking away our rights to own our own shit and they are legion in the business world. Whether we like it or not we are under attack by these morons.

Valve and Activision has successfully moved the overton window and got most gamers buying drm infected games already, diablo 3 has single player lag and the SP campaign requires an internet connection.

Why the fuck wouldn't guys like that think they can eventually take away everyones rights when everyone is so stupid about their purchases on our planet?

We've lost our rights to own our own culture and nobody cares as red vs blue would say.

959 Comments. 48 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo