Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 891 (Graduate)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Oct 11, 2017, 01:56 Suppa7

NKD wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 23:29:
Assassin's Creed, along with most video games, is TV series material, not movie material. Needs a longer form to really make it work.

One of the most insightful comments I've read in a while.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Emulation and the Law
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 1, 2017, 15:52 Suppa7

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 1, 2017, 15:39:
"DEYYY TOOK AURRR GAMMEEEEESSS!"

They did, why would anyone wish for quake champions to be what it is? Does anyone with have a brain really think quake without the ability to mod and level edit it is "the best gaming has evar been?!"

19. removed Oct 1, 2017, 15:50 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 2, 2017, 08:16.

8. Re: Emulation and the Law Sep 30, 2017, 21:49 Suppa7

Rilcon wrote on Sep 30, 2017, 21:08:
I'd jest with the old "you must be fun at parties" quip, but I kinda doubt you get invited to any.

I could care less about your insult, the reality is all these things exists because the masses are morons. Anyone with any intelligence knew mmo's were scams from the get go. This all happened because of the normalisation of being fucked by game companies because the masses are too stupid and tech illiterate to participate in the videogame market. That's reality.

That league of legends and dota 2 are even pieces of game software entirely controlled by game companies held hostage on their servers is overwhelming proof the masses are idiots.

Pre high speed internet the stupid fucks couldn't fuck up PC gaming, post high speed internet penetration companies can simply force games to be server locked because we are nowhere near close enough to the business for there to be any fear of offices being stormed. That's the reality.

The market is a myth could only work if there was genuine way to hold these companies accountable so they couldn't produce games in this hostile way to begin with.

6. Re: Emulation and the Law Sep 30, 2017, 20:55 Suppa7

No one who paid for mmo or steam infected drm games gets the right to complain about drm effecting game preservation. If you bought Everquest, World of warcraft or played any mmo, paid for any skins in a drm'd game or any microtransaction you set the foundation for all this shit.

MMO's were the original drm'd online game with a subscription fee and the gaming masses ate it right up. To suddenly get all teary eyed about preserving game history when most people are still buying drm infested games is quite the bit of hypocrisy.

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Sep 29, 2017, 20:40 Suppa7

Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 18:46:
In a free to play game? I totally get it. It has to make money somehow. Loot box the shit out of that.

You guys don't seem to get it, the game industry has never kept anything seperate. Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 went from being software you entirely controlled to online /w microtransaction ridden crap. There is no such thing as a game that a game company won't try to put microtransactions in, as soon as mmo's, horse armor and buying mounts in wow was a thing loot boxes were the inevitable next step.

Everyone who supported mmo's, steam and drm - this is the end result - games with less content sold back to you at a higher price.

News Comments > Volition Layoffs Reported
10. Re: Volition Layoffs Reported Sep 28, 2017, 10:02 Suppa7

christheshitter wrote on Sep 27, 2017, 21:04:
Time to do Freespace 3 eh? Haven't we waited enough already?

Freespace 2 sold poorly, so FS3 is a non starter. The people who worked on Freespace / Descent are doing overload right now.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/448850/

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 26, 2017, 12:07 Suppa7

Fion wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 12:10:
As someone who's last MMO was Guild Wars 2, I can't understand why these companies need to bring down their servers for hours at a time.

Same thing it's always been about - being cheap. If games had dedicated server software you could play the game while the patch spreads, but given that the average gamer today is a fucking moron who will buy server locked games and is largely technology illiterate, we get mmo morons - the original drm'd rpg game, fucking everything up with their culture of server locked 'online games'.

Human beings are too fucking stupid and irrational.

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Starts Its Engines
2. Re: Project CARS 2 Starts Its Engines Sep 22, 2017, 11:26 Suppa7

These games feel more like beta's, the first one was really unpolished out the gate. I don't have high expectations for this one. Too much time is going into the pretty and not the experience.  

News Comments > NieR: Automata Sells Two Million Copies
11. Re: NieR: Automata Sells Two Million Copies Sep 22, 2017, 11:23 Suppa7

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 14:35:
Doesn't change the fact that it's one of the best games ever made

I wouldn't say that, the exploration parts tend to a be a bit boring and the items sitting on the ground aren't really as visible as they should be. Doing the little quests can be a real grind.

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Launch Trailer
8. Re: etc Sep 21, 2017, 15:48 Suppa7

mellis wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 08:01:
Does this game feature realistic crashes though? Or are all the cars still magically invulnerable except to a few minor cosmetic scratches and superficial damage? Always find the lack of accurate damage modelling a real immersion killer.

You might want to check out wreckfest if you want to smash cars.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/228380/?snr=1_5_9__205

News Comments > Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer
22. Re: etc Sep 18, 2017, 13:54 Suppa7

Rigs wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 01:37:
Hey, is anyone making 'I was there for the Suppa7 Meltdown 2017' t-shirts? Because I want like 3 of those bad boys...

=-Rigs-=

You fools can all go and make jokes all you like but the fact remains - quake champions will have no sdk, level editing or modding... the fact that you would celebrate it is a sign we live in an idiocracy.

18. removed Sep 17, 2017, 22:37 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 18, 2017, 08:36.

16. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 21:47 Suppa7

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 20:01:
Why can't people that like Warframe just be let alone for liking it and not being looked at as part of some bigger problem you have?

It's not a problem I have, every gamer who actually was part of that generation cares about the REAL PC gaming culture that we had in the 90's, to have that fucking destroyed makes gaming less fun overall. No rocket arena, no threewave ctf and all the cool shit fans/devs made. What the fuck is quake champions going to be without any level editing or sdk and modding? Multiplayer quake was all about the mod aspect. To have that shit on and made f2p is a fucking travesty. It's obvious you are not really a big fan of games and are among the stupid set. Anyone who gamed seriously in the 90's would be mad at the shit that has happened to games.

Where would supreme commander be without sorian AI? The fact that we no longer get game tools/level editors with AAA games to the extent we used to is a fucking travesty and anyone who cares about having the most fun should be fucking sad it's being taken away.

So no it's not just my problem, it's just that you don't give two fucks watching many great aspects of PC gaming go down the shitter like most of the masses.

News Comments > etc.
9. removed Sep 17, 2017, 16:11 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 18, 2017, 08:43.

14. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 15:01 Suppa7

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 14:15:
I'm not sure what stupidity has to do with it.

The fact that f2p, drm, steam and mmo's even exist means people are tech illiterate.

In the 90's we had dedicated servers and fully controlled videogame software, it's fucking awful that f2p games even exist. Because these games won't be preserved for posterity and you can't mod them because now game company have full control of game software.

The whole "software as a service" model was a big scam to get games out of gamers hands, there's a huge downside - we get stuck with the developers vision of what a game is.

Games like league of legends and DOTA2 were descendants from a culture of AAA game open-ness that has now been shit own by valve and all game companies for micro-transaction ridden crap.

AKA no privacy and you being spied on when you use said game, you have no privacy when you play an mmo/internet/steam connected game at all and they can gather all sorts of info on you and sell it behind your back.

There's just too much evil shit that companies have done to games and its a travesty. That's what I mean by stupid.

The fact that software was basically ripped out of our hands and now they can press a button to destroy the games because they will never release server code so maintaining these server locked games for posterity will be practically impossible.

For someone who cares about games and gaming history, its fucking tragic that the masses are so stupid they are basically destroying games and game culture.

12. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 13:52 Suppa7

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 12:38:
They surely can afford it now, but probably do this in their meetings.... We are making money hand over... why do we need to create a single player campaign experience? We've already found our audience that loves what we've actually made.

I'm fully aware of how these companies worked, the average gamer is much too stupid for companies to give too much of a rats ass about quality.

2. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 16, 2017, 19:21 Suppa7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 19:11:
This game is still free to play, right? I guess I should get around to trying Warframe, and forget about the Destiny 2 nonsense.

Anybody still active in Warframe, with an up to date opinion on the gameplay/grind?

It's still pretty much the same game, aka DE injects new content, people flock to it then get bored in an endless cycle. The reality is if they'd just make a full single player campaign they could have a good game on par with mass effect but the reality is they don't want to spend the money and I doubt their team has the talent to really take it to the next level.

So we get these little bursts of small but semi-interesting content but then you'll immediately get bored again and realize the reason you stopped playing.

There's nothing radically different about the game. It's too bad they don't want to spend the money to fully flesh out an actual SP AAA game. Tragically they are just milking the fanbase with minimal content.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII PC Multiplayer Beta This Month
4. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Multiplayer Beta This Month Sep 15, 2017, 10:02 Suppa7

Jivaro wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 01:20:
I just don't get it from a consumer point of view. I mean, even the zombies are derivative.

You should, After call of duty 4, the game industry discovered putting an action movie inside a videogame sells the game to gun nuts and those who have fantasies of being a soldier. It sells to those types of people. It doesn't sell to traditional gamers. They are buying it for the experience of being in an action movie/war movie. Not as a videogame.

There was even and article about it on IGN how cod's customers are not really gamers.

See here:

Call of duty players not really gamers

News Comments > BlizzCon Virtual Tickets
9. Re: BlizzCon Virtual Tickets Sep 15, 2017, 04:50 Suppa7

Flatline wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 11:37:
I remember when I originally commented on how stupid it was years ago on this site a lot of people chastised me for it.

The whole of modern gaming is a fucking idiocracy, paying for in game mounts in a fucking mmo you are paying monthly for? Microtransactons? Loot boxes? The average gamer is downright subhumanly slave like to all this bullshit. The fact that we can find idiots defending gaming being ruined.

Modern gaming is a shitshow of functionally retarded animals.

891 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo