Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 891 (Graduate)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Origin Bans Myanmar
11. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 30, 2016, 15:36 Suppa7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 14:03:
Suppa7 wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 13:47:
The person who complained is not a native of myanmar. AKA people who travelled to myanmar can't play their EA games.

Not sure where you are getting that from, and those links to EA's help site have posts from Myanmar citizens who have also lost access to Origin.

It's in the post in the Reddit link, here's a quote:

"I live in Myanmar, but I am not from Myanmar."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Origin Bans Myanmar
2. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 30, 2016, 13:47 Suppa7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 13:40:
That'll teach you to reside in Mynanmar, you Myanmarians!!

Odd timing, after the second DDoS attack(last night) in the past week or so on Origin or their DNS, DYN. I highly doubt that the source of most of that traffic was from outside the continental US.

Otherwise, Myanmar Origin customers need to start emailing EA en masse that those sanctions no longer exist.

It will be extremely unfair if they are blocked permanently and cannot get refunds for past purchases; good luck, Myanmar.

The person who complained is not a native of myanmar. AKA people who travelled to myanmar can't play their EA games.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2016, 05:36 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 15:37:
Forget weed, re-nationalizing the country's natural resources would do it right there. I've always been a heavy proponent of that. As far as I'm concerned, a country's resources belong to its people, not foreign multi-national corporations.

Unfortunately whenever countries try to help their people Americans try to destabilise and overthrow their government. I have to wonder what agencies are watching or trying to influence the politics of iceland.

News Comments > Book of Demons Demo
4. Re: Book of Demons Demo Oct 28, 2016, 09:44 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 20:05:
Kewl. I've had this on my wishlist for a while an have been hemming and hawing about getting it or not.

If you've played diablo you've played this game. It's really diablo /w less freedom. It is bizarrely linear and the fact that melee attacks can hit people from a distance is bizarre in and of itself but required I guess because you are basically sliding along a fixed path and most likely trying to attack normally would be frustrating.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 27, 2016, 09:04 Suppa7

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 19:18:
Timmeh wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 19:09:
sure invent all you want after you take Winblows 10 and shove it back up your ass!

Worst freaking OS of all time, id rather use Windows ME.
Oh come on now.
It's not that bad.
I bet that if it wasn't datamining your underwear, you would use it with gusto.

I wouldn't windows 7 is enough for me.

News Comments > Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies
36. Re: On Sale Oct 26, 2016, 10:44 Suppa7

gilly775 wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 09:29:
People read read and trust media reviews? I take them them with a grain of salt. I prefer to read user reviews and watch user videos instead. And I'm not talking about the big You Tubers....more of the "little people" and make a decision for myself. Besides, with Steam's refund policy, at least I can make an educated decision trying it out myself, deciding if I want to refund the purchase.

THe best thing to do is always look for average to below average scores, people who don't rate games highly are people who are honest, people who rate games highly are either 1) young/inexperienced or 2) stupid/oblivious/fanboys.

I think most intelligent people almost exclusively read negative reviews to see if there are major problems with the game. Positive reviews are little more than "yeah I agree its great" which isn't helpful.

This is why negative reviews have effect on sales, aka when there are genuine issues with the game you want to avoid it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2016, 17:48 Suppa7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 18:53:
Shadow Warrior 2 is pretty damned good.

If shadow warrior 2 was called something else, it would be an ok game. But as a shadow warrior sequel it feels pretty flat.

I can't understand why they'd try to copy borderlands, the last thing shadow warrior needed was diablo style loot.

They made the game hub based to make it easier develop for themselves but the single player lacks cohesion. It felt at times like a mod and not a game because you'd backtrack into the same levels for sidequests. The levels are more like arenas and not true levels.

Basically their idea for multiplayer and co-op harmed the single player aspect which was what made the original SW so good.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Oct 13, 2016, 03:28 Suppa7

Henry Dorsett wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 01:07:
Space games in non-space engines are hard. Like, REALLY hard. Getting Unreal Engine 4 to tolerate impulse-controlled unconstrained three-axis rotation was a pain in the ass, and even then it's temperamental. Getting it to tolerate controls from anything remotely close to an AI buddy/opponent, which has serious trouble with the idea of an impulse-controlled input system, rather than a direct-control input system, is what got me to drop the idea until I have time to fully learn UE4's eccentric system for modelling sensor input, decision-making, and output. And, really, you can't even put out an intro video announcing your project without working AI and fluid controls.

Well the old descent team is doing overload, it's too bad ex-star citizen with Descent underground stole the crowdfunding thunder the could have gone to the 'true' descent developers.

http://playoverload.com/

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer
3. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer Oct 12, 2016, 22:48 Suppa7

Ant wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 22:34:
LOL @ original (19)80s Transformers movie's music.

It was in the trailer for the first shadow warrior as well.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233130/

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 12, 2016, 22:20 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 18:05:
I really have no idea why at all this is contracted to private firms. This should be a pure governmental function.

To get around the law, aka technically "the government" isn't doing it then it isn't wrong. They got lawyers that work on this shit 24/7.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Oct 12, 2016, 22:02 Suppa7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 21:39:
What? There are already dozens of Rogue-like (that term is really overused and misused by the way) games out there already that have permanent death.

Not to mention most of the new generation RPGs offer hardcore modes with limited saves, etc.

Oh, I see, this guy is a console peasant, who only plays AAA titles.

*Cue PC master race rants.

Things are nowhere near where they once were back in ye old videogame days of the 8, 16 bit and 32 bit eras. Post PS1 there was an orgy of extremely easy cinematic games that we really haven't recovered from. Sure there are lots of REALLY BAD challenging games, but we're talking about the AAA space (the 'real games people care about). There have been only a handful of decent indie games like Faster than light.

Where's games like Freespace 2 for instance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhAR8rWPluQ

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Funded; Stretch Goals Detailed
10. Re: Wasteland 3 Funded; Stretch Goals Detailed Oct 9, 2016, 06:27 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 03:43:
Is it just me or are these stretch goals kind of uninspired?

Stretch goals are generally marketing to encourage more money but you should always assume that games take a long time and are difficult to develop if the stretch goals seem like they are over-promising they probably are, most kickstarters spread themselves too thin. Even the successful ones.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Oct 4, 2016, 12:57 Suppa7

NetHead wrote on Oct 4, 2016, 12:34:
I think I am very pro-consumer, but I don't think that would be fair.

I'm sorry to tell you but you are in no position to talk about fairness, the last 20 year we've seen fat king gabe curtail gamers rights through forcing DRM into half-life and CS when no one wanted it to trojan horse himself to a billion dollar empire based on mass ignorance and stupidity of the average gamer. As an old fuck who watched the rise of the steam, mmo/drm crime syndicate, the corporate world is the furthest thing from "fair" and you have no rights before our corporate overlords. Where are our dedicated servers and level editors for AAA games we used to get? They've been massively curtailed because of greed and corrupt practices of game companies. Microtransactions, f2p, mmo's are the biggest scams in all of gaming because the average gamer is such a retard.

You're clueless to how corrupt the world really is and how your rights have been erased by big media and big gaming since they own the government lock stock and barrel. We're talking about billion dollar game companies, they aren't pan handling in the street. Like they need any more bullshit laws privileging themselves and fucking the rest of us. Most games are already filled with corporate malware and fundamentally broken in that the server software is not released, so their multiplayer functionality is held hostage by companies that can be turned off at any time.

If anything we need more rights not less.

News Comments > Space Odyssey Presented by Neil deGrasse Tyson
5. Re: Space Odyssey Presented by Neil deGrasse Tyson Oct 3, 2016, 18:28 Suppa7

TangledThorns wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 18:15:
Militant Atheists love Tyson. The same guy that used to work for George W. Bush.

Uhh just because you worked with an administration doesn't mean you like it, aka tysons job is about the promotion of and teaching of astro science. That has hardly anything to do with anything. You're trying to smear someone by association because you're a good god fearing american you're doing a really bad job of it.

Sorry to tell you but christian fairy tales like this

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matt.8%3A30-35&version=NIV

Are one of the reasons politics is so fucked up in the USA, since the electorate is 90% ignorant of its own political interests.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 3, 2016, 17:13 Suppa7

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 15:49:
The Samsung drive plan sounds good to me. They currently make the gold standard for SSDs, seeing them wanting to actually lower their prices is surprising.

Everyone should be on SSDs for OS/gaming. Music/video files and whatnot are fine on a platter drive.

Not really they want to sell more, what they lose in markup now they make in volume later. AKA lower costs = higher demand, and since everyone needs storage they hit everyone they can.

News Comments > Battleborn F2P Rumor
7. Re: Battleborn F2P Rumor Sep 29, 2016, 21:28 Suppa7

deqer wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 20:13:
If you want your game to really fail, make it F2P. People love grinding for their stuff.

Uhh given the huge success of f2p games, league of legends, dota 2, tf2, warframe and many more. It's hard to say F2P is a failure when there are tonnes of them being released. MMO's + steam put the nail in the coffin for gamers rights since the average gamer is so fucking retard.

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2016, 22:04.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Parting Gifts Patch
2. Re: Tribes Ascend Parting Gifts Patch Sep 29, 2016, 10:29 Suppa7

Timmeh wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 10:23:
Why not make a classic client server version and release it?

If you are going to shut it down anyway. Remove the store and let the community run their own servers old school.

Uhh if they had any respect for gamers they would never have went the f2p/mmo route to begin with. You don't seem to understand modern game devs dont give a shit about the traditional gamer, they can survive off endless waves of newer dumber kids who have no memory or are not technology literate enough to understad how they are being shafted. The whole online drm/steam model requires mass stupidity.

The market for games simply cannot work since the audience is irrational, dumb, illiterate and at fucking retard levels of stupid. Game devs and publishers are not your friend. They only exist to make $. The time of oldschool devs is over. Once developers/publishers saw the masses would take the dick up the ass you can't expect to be treated with respect when you are too easy to manipulate and exploit for profit.

The average game company CEO has nothing but arrogance and spite for the average gamer and I don't blame them, the average gamer just bends over and forks out money for broken games time and time again.

News Comments > Street Fighter V Patch Rootkit Removed
6. Re: Street Fighter V Patch Rootkit Removed Sep 24, 2016, 17:34 Suppa7

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 16:28:
A rootkit? Well that kills any Capcon purchase for me ever again. I don't care if they removed it, horrible decision to even put one in. What is wrong with these developers?????

Uhh you do know steam and mmo's spy on you right? Gamers showed with mmo's the would accept drm up the ass, once you accept mmo's you accept everything about drm because it shows your are tech illiterate. MMO's were the original scam corps were pushing to get you to pay monthly for a game you dont own or control.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 System Specifications
16. Re: Battlefield 1 System Specifications Sep 20, 2016, 04:00 Suppa7

Saboth wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 20:40:
i5 6600K is the minimum? I'm sure processors from 2-3 generations ago will work, but it's unusual to list such a new and higher-end processor as the bare minimum.

PFFT minimum requirements don't mean shit since CPU advancement has slowed to a crawl since around 2006. We've been getting maybe 10% per generation, people who think they would be getting low fps in an i5 2500K are fucking idiots, the new processors will be barely faster than that because most software workloads can't be parallelized. Multi-core can only work on parts of the code that are tractable to being split up and are not interdependent.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2016, 10:45 Suppa7

Most indies suck I'm glad, we need less shovel-ware and unfinished games on steam. 99% of indie games are garbage, good games will be able to compete on their own merits - shovel knight, etc.  

891 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo