Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 891 (Graduate)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > EVERSPACE Launches
15. Re: EVERSPACE Launches May 27, 2017, 04:33 Suppa7

NKD wrote on May 27, 2017, 02:41:
Glad to see this is getting good reviews, I was worried it was going to be another victim of the inability of the gaming world to ship a decent space game.

It's kinda meh, I'm not really a fan of the odd feeling ship physics. While technically the art is nice I'd still take freespace 2 over everspace.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grim Dawn Sells 1M Copies
20. Re: Grim Dawn Sells 1M Copies May 25, 2017, 18:04 Suppa7

Zoom wrote on May 25, 2017, 14:37:
I expected nothing less from the creators of Titan Quest, one of the very best ARPG series until now.

TQ was one of the worst selling games in THQ's history, it was not as good as grim dawn. I wasn't a big fan of TQ, it's quality was all over the map story wise. The art was nice in certain places but the combat left a lot to be desired.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers
33. Re: Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers May 21, 2017, 11:13 Suppa7

Slick wrote on May 19, 2017, 23:05:
"dedicated server" has NEVER meant "end-user built/controlled box"

Sorry to tell you but almost all the big AAA games came with dedicated servers in the 90's, mmo's are just RPG's with the dedicated server exe's not released so they can charge subscription fee's.

So dedicated servers in the 90's MEANT USER CONTROLED SERVERS completely 100%, where do you think Rocket arena and all those quake server mods like CPMA came from?

MMO's were the original scam game. Quake and UT have dedicated servers built into the exe's, so you just host from within the program. Dedicated server meant - user hostable servers. Note that World of warcraft and ultima online have private servers, so the whole "MMO's can only be done by special computers at corporate HQ" is 100% false.

There's no reason mmo servers can't be run by players but then the mmo scam money wouldn't come their way. MMO's could be 100% released as totally one purchase software like any other regular game in the 90's. It's mass tech illiteracy and human irrationality that keeps the mmo model afloat.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers
26. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2017, 16:58 Suppa7

necrosis wrote on May 19, 2017, 12:46:
User run dedicated servers died a long time ago.

No thanks to the average gamer being a tech illiterate moron.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 10, 2017, 13:50 Suppa7

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 10, 2017, 13:23:
Nullity wrote on May 10, 2017, 13:18:
Who still buys a gaming monitor with a max res of 1080p?

Who is getting 240+ fps at a resolution higher than 1080p? (not counting old-ass games)

SF ultra which is not really an old ass game can do post 200fps+ with ease with modern gpu's.

News Comments > EA Financials Reveal 19 Million BF1 Players
12. Re: EA Financials Reveal 19 Million BF1 Players May 10, 2017, 09:49 Suppa7

Verno wrote on May 10, 2017, 09:39:
Osc8r wrote on May 9, 2017, 23:26:
BF1 sucked balls. Played it for like a week and i was done, uninstalled.

Played BF2 and BF4 on and off for years.

I had fun with it but yeah it was fleeting, the game lacks depth. The ribbon system was abysmal too. I've logged less than 80 hours in this, the lowest yet for any BF game. Perhaps I'm just tiring of the formula though.

Unfortunately the demographic waves allow companies to put out the same shit because there are a fresh batch of teens.

News Comments > Quake Champions Open Tech Test Friday
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 9, 2017, 08:41 Suppa7

LiTh wrote on May 9, 2017, 06:30:
Been playing the beta, its a lot of fun...however the 'special abilities' are so half baked. Its like they are trying to compete with overwatch or something and its just not working. They need to either flesh them out or they need to remove them completely (I'm a fan of the ladder since they have no place in quake). Shotgun & Double shotguns are horrible as is the railgun...hopefully they give them some 'ooomph'

Problem is the whole design, they went for a server locked f2p game. The original quakes were SP and MP focused with total user control, modding, dedicated servers and level editors. The fact that the original iD team is no longer at bethesda basically undermined this game from the get go.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 7, 2017, 11:45 Suppa7

Simon Says wrote on May 6, 2017, 18:29:
Rhett wrote on May 6, 2017, 17:36:
Oh great, Big Brother Microsoft stepping in to try and reduce piracy. Because Windows 10 is going over so well...

This^^... and I trust people to figure out how disable that thing then spread it with a freely distributed program shortly after it gets implemented.

You're an idiot if you believe this, all they need to do is make the barrier high enough that it incredibly slow/tedious/costly to free apps from their drm in the cloud. MMO's have successfully made preserving them difficult, Need for speed online has an "offline" server made from reverse engineering and looking at the packets but it has it's own problems.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
5. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 5, 2017, 04:42 Suppa7

Prez wrote on May 4, 2017, 20:37:
Blizzard definitely hit a gold mine with Overwatch. It will probably be a moneymaker for years to come.

Blizzard could fart and people would buy it, IMHO blizzard has pretty much become a religion at this point. Overwatch is not really anything that hasn't been done before, but there's a constant fresh batch of teens and kids being born that don't have decades of gaming history. So I'd chalk it up to generational turnover.

This comment was edited on May 5, 2017, 06:23.

News Comments > Darksiders III Leaked
6. Re: Darksiders III Leaked May 2, 2017, 12:18 Suppa7

Hope it doesn't suck, DS2's second half was a disaster, and the whole loot grinding thing and massive spaces weren't exactly a good fit for DS. Darksiders 1 was the better game.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Apr 28, 2017, 01:23 Suppa7

It's taken.  

News Comments > StarCraft: Brood War Free
1. Re: StarCraft: Brood War Free Apr 18, 2017, 21:41 Suppa7

Thank god they fixed the issues with the graphics rainbow corruption effect, took them long enough. Jesus this patch was due like when windows 7 was released in 2009 almost a decade ago.  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 1M
5. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 1M Apr 10, 2017, 21:22 Suppa7

DaHauns wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 21:11:
Suppa7 wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 21:09:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 21:07:
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 1M

...aaaand now it will never be finished. Great job internet.

Nothing new, gamers showed their true dumbass colors with the rise of mmo's and steam.

Really going for the Get Off My Lawn Award here, aren't we?

Well anyone who's hobby is gaming would be annoyed that our species is so stupid it will buy unfinished games before they are even complete. How many games have been released in EA and then once the developer has the money then abandons it?

Anyone who cares about gaming should be rightfully annoyed about it's negative effects on games as a whole.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 1M
2. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 1M Apr 10, 2017, 21:09 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 21:07:
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 1M

...aaaand now it will never be finished. Great job internet.

Nothing new, gamers showed their true dumbass colors with the rise of mmo's and steam.

News Comments > Overwatch Skins Leak?
8. removed Apr 10, 2017, 04:46 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 10, 2017, 08:22.

News Comments > Overwatch Skins Leak?
5. Re: Overwatch Skins Leak? Apr 9, 2017, 21:17 Suppa7

Omni wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 18:47:
Remember when games were about game-play and not about all kinda of skin / model BS.

As soon as gamers proved stupid with the rise of mmos/steam/online drm, they knew they could get away with selling people nothing and call it a service. The average person on our planet is just at fucking retard levels of intelligence.

We all remember "horse armor", now their are idiots that proudly defend the abuses. The average gamer is stupidly slave like.

News Comments > Cheat Maker Owes Blizzard $8.5M
17. Re: Cheat Maker Owes Blizzard $8.5M Apr 4, 2017, 21:21 Suppa7

MajorD wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 11:18:
I don't know what is worse; a company that sells cheats, or the twits who purchase them.

Can't be anyworse than those who paid for mmo's, steam drm infested malware games or denuvo infested games.

News Comments > Steam Discovery Changes Will "Fight Fake Games"
11. Re: Steam Discovery Changes Will Apr 4, 2017, 11:53 Suppa7

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 10:38:
It's a seriously sad state of affairs when the health of PC gaming relies on a couple of fucking YouTube hipster clowns *siiiiiigggghhhhh*

In case you hadn't noticed, the average gamer is at subhuman levels of intelligence... Gaming has been on the decline since the beginning of mmo's.

First gamers paid for games they never owned (mmo's) then paid for steam drm'd games, and finally always online drm'd games.

The average gamer is just a downright moron, the fact that steam even exists and we have a seperate game drm client for every big AAA company is a giant clue the average gamer is a fucking moron.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free Weekend
7. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Weekend Mar 31, 2017, 12:01 Suppa7

I can't say I was impressed, it's everything I hate about modern gaming - the call of duty aim down sights, the pseudo-military bro jargon. It's basically a modern military fps trying to fake being a sci-fi game. It's pretty fucking campy. It's not bad but my god, big budgets have truly sucked the creativity out of fps games.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Closed Beta Next Week
7. Re: Quake Champions Closed Beta Next Week Mar 31, 2017, 02:05 Suppa7

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 00:46:
Why should that formula change?

They deviated for quake 4, they deviated for quake wars, they deviated for Doom 3.

891 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo