Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 860 (Graduate)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer
22. Re: etc Sep 18, 2017, 13:54 Suppa7

Rigs wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 01:37:
Hey, is anyone making 'I was there for the Suppa7 Meltdown 2017' t-shirts? Because I want like 3 of those bad boys...

=-Rigs-=

You fools can all go and make jokes all you like but the fact remains - quake champions will have no sdk, level editing or modding... the fact that you would celebrate it is a sign we live in an idiocracy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. removed Sep 17, 2017, 22:37 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 18, 2017, 08:36.

16. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 21:47 Suppa7

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 20:01:
Why can't people that like Warframe just be let alone for liking it and not being looked at as part of some bigger problem you have?

It's not a problem I have, every gamer who actually was part of that generation cares about the REAL PC gaming culture that we had in the 90's, to have that fucking destroyed makes gaming less fun overall. No rocket arena, no threewave ctf and all the cool shit fans/devs made. What the fuck is quake champions going to be without any level editing or sdk and modding? Multiplayer quake was all about the mod aspect. To have that shit on and made f2p is a fucking travesty. It's obvious you are not really a big fan of games and are among the stupid set. Anyone who gamed seriously in the 90's would be mad at the shit that has happened to games.

Where would supreme commander be without sorian AI? The fact that we no longer get game tools/level editors with AAA games to the extent we used to is a fucking travesty and anyone who cares about having the most fun should be fucking sad it's being taken away.

So no it's not just my problem, it's just that you don't give two fucks watching many great aspects of PC gaming go down the shitter like most of the masses.

News Comments > etc.
9. removed Sep 17, 2017, 16:11 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 18, 2017, 08:43.

14. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 15:01 Suppa7

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 14:15:
I'm not sure what stupidity has to do with it.

The fact that f2p, drm, steam and mmo's even exist means people are tech illiterate.

In the 90's we had dedicated servers and fully controlled videogame software, it's fucking awful that f2p games even exist. Because these games won't be preserved for posterity and you can't mod them because now game company have full control of game software.

The whole "software as a service" model was a big scam to get games out of gamers hands, there's a huge downside - we get stuck with the developers vision of what a game is.

Games like league of legends and DOTA2 were descendants from a culture of AAA game open-ness that has now been shit own by valve and all game companies for micro-transaction ridden crap.

AKA no privacy and you being spied on when you use said game, you have no privacy when you play an mmo/internet/steam connected game at all and they can gather all sorts of info on you and sell it behind your back.

There's just too much evil shit that companies have done to games and its a travesty. That's what I mean by stupid.

The fact that software was basically ripped out of our hands and now they can press a button to destroy the games because they will never release server code so maintaining these server locked games for posterity will be practically impossible.

For someone who cares about games and gaming history, its fucking tragic that the masses are so stupid they are basically destroying games and game culture.

12. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 13:52 Suppa7

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 12:38:
They surely can afford it now, but probably do this in their meetings.... We are making money hand over... why do we need to create a single player campaign experience? We've already found our audience that loves what we've actually made.

I'm fully aware of how these companies worked, the average gamer is much too stupid for companies to give too much of a rats ass about quality.

2. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 16, 2017, 19:21 Suppa7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 19:11:
This game is still free to play, right? I guess I should get around to trying Warframe, and forget about the Destiny 2 nonsense.

Anybody still active in Warframe, with an up to date opinion on the gameplay/grind?

It's still pretty much the same game, aka DE injects new content, people flock to it then get bored in an endless cycle. The reality is if they'd just make a full single player campaign they could have a good game on par with mass effect but the reality is they don't want to spend the money and I doubt their team has the talent to really take it to the next level.

So we get these little bursts of small but semi-interesting content but then you'll immediately get bored again and realize the reason you stopped playing.

There's nothing radically different about the game. It's too bad they don't want to spend the money to fully flesh out an actual SP AAA game. Tragically they are just milking the fanbase with minimal content.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII PC Multiplayer Beta This Month
4. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Multiplayer Beta This Month Sep 15, 2017, 10:02 Suppa7

Jivaro wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 01:20:
I just don't get it from a consumer point of view. I mean, even the zombies are derivative.

You should, After call of duty 4, the game industry discovered putting an action movie inside a videogame sells the game to gun nuts and those who have fantasies of being a soldier. It sells to those types of people. It doesn't sell to traditional gamers. They are buying it for the experience of being in an action movie/war movie. Not as a videogame.

There was even and article about it on IGN how cod's customers are not really gamers.

See here:

Call of duty players not really gamers

News Comments > BlizzCon Virtual Tickets
9. Re: BlizzCon Virtual Tickets Sep 15, 2017, 04:50 Suppa7

Flatline wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 11:37:
I remember when I originally commented on how stupid it was years ago on this site a lot of people chastised me for it.

The whole of modern gaming is a fucking idiocracy, paying for in game mounts in a fucking mmo you are paying monthly for? Microtransactons? Loot boxes? The average gamer is downright subhumanly slave like to all this bullshit. The fact that we can find idiots defending gaming being ruined.

Modern gaming is a shitshow of functionally retarded animals.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Sep 14, 2017, 21:53 Suppa7

Squirmer wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 21:31:
Only gamers would argue that calling black people the n-word is not racism. Christ.

Uhm no, that pewdiepie saying nigger isn't racism since it wasn't used in that way. People say shit all the time when they are beat or die in a videogame. Pewdiepie just was fucking stupid about doing so in public.

Real racism is denying people jobs because of the color of their skin, and treating people as less than human.

People shooting the shit in a competitive environment say all sorts of stupid shit, if it was a black person no one would bat an eye, but because it's a white guy on youtube everyone loses their fucking minds. What about all the black people on youtube calling each other nigger?

How a word is used and intended by the speaker and the context matters a hell of a lot before throwing accusations of racism.

News Comments > Overwatch Toxicity Slowing Game Development
2. Re: Overwatch Toxicity Slowing Game Development Sep 14, 2017, 12:11 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 11:59:
Toxic behavior in an online FPS? Now there's a first.

Perhaps if they had dedicated servers with admin tools perhaps that might help ... but no blizz has got to take advantage of that drm.

News Comments > Endless Space 2 Adds Free Content
2. Re: Endless Space 2 Adds Free Content Sep 13, 2017, 01:18 Suppa7

MisterBenn wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 00:10:
And now the bad: to me this game has one of the weakest combat systems in a space 4x I've played. They've tried to do an abridged system like in Endless Space 1 but it's worse here. There's a weird system of lanes, engagement distances and combat orders that doesn't really let you control things the way you want. After you pick orders you watch the combat and it's really hard to actually tell what's happening.

The reality is, all the bad parts of Endless space 1 made it into ES2. The reality is ES1 is looking to be a real fluke, the best thing they had going was planet management and research, everything else - the lanes, the way planets are colonized, etc. Are pretty bad all around.

The late game in ES2 is especially god awful esp with large size maps, ships take forever to get places.

The fact they tried to shoe horn in cinematic pseudo combat which really needed to be cut and be its own game. They even have a skip button because they know 99% of the time you are going to skip it. What a waste of time and resources.

They should have just focused on the game and not the hollywood bullshit. They are trying to put a weird pseudo-realtime combat system into the game that doesn't belong there - that cinematic ship combat system they want really needs to be a separate game unto itself.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 16:08 Suppa7

MT Silver wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 07:04:
I don't care what his opinion is! I want to hear about what's going on in the world. That's what a reporter does! Report things!

Most people don't want the truth, in fact science says most wouldn't even be able to recognize or reason themselves to it. See here:

http://bit.ly/OVMvjd

News Comments > On Windows 10 Game Stuttering
19. Re: On Windows 10 Game Stuttering Sep 12, 2017, 04:11 Suppa7

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 18:09:
But again we are naked in a digital world and whatever you think is sacred about your data... you've given that up voluntarily or involuntarily a long time ago.

Sorry to tell ya but what you just said is a myth...

The idea that the consumer decides corporate policies by voting with his money requires.

1) An informed population
2) Sophisticated knowledge about technology and how to make rational decisions
3) Geographical proximity to business.

Without those 3 there is no accountability, it's just a pure dictatorship of business policy over everyone else.

Before the internet there was a balance of power between buyer and seller of software, that balance of power has been erased by the internet and human stupidity. All corporations need to do is just have a group of moronic parents give birth to a generation of kids who don't know wtf is going on. Most people are ignorant as fuck regarding their own society and believe whatever they are fed through schools, media and TV/Youtube/Social media.

No one voluntarily gave up their rights, steam and mmo's were imposed because you need special training to see through the fraudulent nature of their agenda to remove control of software from you. It's not a trivial undertaking. The reality is the human mind was never built to make rational decisions in a high tech capitalist society and we're seeing the results.

No one wanted steam or software being removed, but the original PC game generation can't exactly jump through a portal to these big companies headquarters and give them hell so they get away with it because the market is a myth in a post internet age. You can't hold someone accountable when they are 100's of miles away. Before the internet they had to release the software physically to a company like walmart if they wanted to get paid, they don't have to do that now that the internet enables fraud on a massive scale.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Community Documentary
14. Re: Assassin's Creed Community Documentary Sep 11, 2017, 09:26 Suppa7

Kxmode wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 13:23:
With all due respect, I have played ALL the Assassin's Creed games, and your assessment is just flat wrong.

Except you can go look at the metacritic scores, the orignal AC got 80, in videogame land that's "trash", everything I said was accurate dumbass you can go look at the aggregate scores.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/assassins-creed

AC2

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/assassins-creed-ii

AC3

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/assassins-creed-iii

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Community Documentary
7. Re: Assassin's Creed Community Documentary Sep 10, 2017, 11:26 Suppa7

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 21:12:
Never played a single creed game. No real explanation why... I own like every console.. Guess I just never got the itch or any friends talk about it.

The reality is Ass creed started off as an atrocious game, it sold primarily to a new generation of gamers. Anyone who had played prince of persia sands of time knew that it was 100x better then AC1. AC2 fixed AC1's mistakes, and every other sequel is usually bad...

1 bad, 2 good, 3 bad, 4 decent, etc, etc.

News Comments > eSports Life Announced
4. Re: eSports Life Announced Sep 8, 2017, 00:45 Suppa7

rawbelly wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 22:11:
I really wanted to write something funny here but I am actually sort of sad this is a thing.

Well when all AAA games are always online and packet encrypted streams across the internet, everyone who paid for mmo's and steam and enabled all this shit were responsible.

It basically greenlighted the game industry to turn software into broadcast television. The average person on our planet is an idiot.

News Comments > Animal Farm Game Announced
15. Re: Animal Farm Game Announced Sep 7, 2017, 09:29 Suppa7

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 09:11:
Just because you can, does not mean you should. Sometimes I wonder what makes game developers pick ridiculous themes to base their game upon. I guess just another developer with a screw loose upstairs.

Humans tend to be idiots, and game devs, being humans will do as much stupid shit as humanity at large does.

What is modern gaming if not a wasteland of stupidity and mediocrity? The rise of mmo's, drm, steam, micro-transactions and loot crates means we live in a fucking idiocracy.

News Comments > Get Mirage: Arcane Warfare Free Today
12. Re: Get Mirage: Arcane Warfare Free Today Sep 7, 2017, 04:41 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 20:50:
I felt it was kind of generic looking and not fun.

It is pretty generic looking, the reality is the game could be fun but the game is a mess. Basically how the powers and classes work ins highly non intuitive they tried to copy MOBA powers and it doesn't work very well. There are too many classes per team and the lag can be atrocious. They had to purposely add weapon animation delay to compensate for lag and you can feel it in the fights.

Also the hit radius for many things sucks, they really need to add some kind of indicators or something because you can never tell how close you need to be to hit someone often times you'll think you're close enough and it looks like it should hit but it doesn't.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Microtransactions?
31. Re: Destiny 2 Microtransactions? Sep 5, 2017, 13:13 Suppa7

Numinar wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 09:50:
That is a bit harsh Cutter. Is an online game full of custom assets even viable?

Well as an old person the reason players can't make high qualtiy game assets is because when mmo's appeared player facing tools and sdk's for games on the PC stopped being released, every PC developer around 2000 stopped making PC games and jumped ship to console, aka we got ports of games or if we were lucky a few last games like UT2004 and Doom 3, but by and large most developers moved to console.

The rise of the drm'd rpg - aka mmo, was the big push by game publishers to remove software control from PC gamers. The problem is of course mass high speed internet allowed idiot half of the game community to normalize drm'd rpg's known as mmo's. As soon as that Ultima online and everquest took off Microtransactions were invitable.

Same happened with Steam in 2004, no one wanted steam but those of us who held out were overcome by new fresh faced kids and teens who wanted their game, aka kids that did not PC game in the 90's or had no clue about PC game culture were coming onto the internet and were largely tech illiterate and Gabe newell at Valve built an entire steam empire around stupid members of our species.

Anyone with a brain knew to avoid mmo's since paying a subscription for a game you don't own or control is a bad idea.

The reason these things happened is because the videogame market isn't a market.

To have a market you'd have to qualify to participate.

1) Market participants need to be educated and not tech illiterate like the bulk of gamers.

2) Have some means to actually influence company policy like geographic proximity. Steam would not have ever taken off in 2004 if the PC game community wasn't 100's of miles away from valves office. Valve and big game companies got to force policies because post internet the customers cannot reach said companies.

Pre internet they had to let go of the fucking game instead of holding part of it hostage on the other side of the internet.

860 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo