Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 753 (Graduate)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
38. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 19:39 Suppa7

The Pyro wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 17:03:
I'm still annoyed at Origin because Mass Effect 3 was released as a Origin-exclusive title on the PC

You shouldn't be annoyed, anyone who supported MMO's and steam this is the natural result of ok'ing online drm. Gamers are so fucking stupid it's hilarious. It first started as a small flame with Ultima online and everquest. Anyone who paid for those DRM'd online rpg's basically paved the way for 'games as a service', aka removal of your rights as a gamer to own, control the game and not have part of it taken hostage on the other side of the internet. When's the last time we got dedicated server exe's and level editors with a modern AAA release?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Feb 4, 2017, 00:54 Suppa7

Rigs wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 18:09:
It's a crazy anomaly though, in the age of Denuvo, for a major release like this to be cracked so quickly.

=-Rigs-=

What's hilarious is far cry primal only sold 300,000 units, so despite being uncracked for 2 years we have overwhelming evidence that if you make a shit game and DRM it perfectly, it won't help your sales. I think in far cry primals case is the game is so bad no one wants to crack it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 1, 2017, 10:40 Suppa7

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 10:35:
I would really like it if AMD finally came up with a competitive PC mainstream CPU. They haven't had any success in that segment (when compared to Intel) since back in the Athlon days. Competition is good.

The problem is compeitition won't solve the performance issue, multi-core was a reaction to the fact processor performance hit a brick wall and multi-core is kludge stop gap solution. Multiple cores only work in certain situations with certain workloads and program types. Processor performance has stalled for about a decade. AMD has been playing catchup since core 2 duo was released and they've basically been slaughtered ever since.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 1, 2017, 10:31 Suppa7

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 09:29:
For a CPU that's supposed to come out in less than 50 days there sure isn't a lot of tangible info about it...

It's going to be another bulldozer, let's be honest CPU's have hit a brick wall in terms of performance and AMD was forced to sell their foundry. Basically the process and R&D lead of intel because all that criminal shit Intel did way back in the pentium 4 days starved AMD of funds and profits they needed to sustain themselves R&D. The management of AMD has just been fucking incompetent. Basically AMD is dying a slow death and has been just surviving.

Their acquisition of ATI was just bizarre and caused them to lose focus, basically they are doing what 3Dfx did. 3dfx stopped trying to be just a chip company like nvidia was and bought STB to sell their own branded videocards and ended up trying to do much and losing focus and then 3dfx chips got behind and 3dfx went bankrupt. Basically management tries to do do many things with limited funds and they end up screwing up their company they simply can never pick a god damn direction and stick with it. AMD's problem has been a bad luck /w intels anti competitive tactics + lack of focus. AMD had a chance way back in the day when it was competitive but "free" performance from process nodes shrinks stopped for both intel and amd because of heat/leakage and other problems they didn't totally forsee.

I remember when intel boasted we'd have 10-30ghz cpu's in the future and that was a decade ago. So much for 10Ghz CPU's, it's taken almost a decade to get get an extra 1GHZ or so above 3.4ghz Pentium4's and core 2 duo's.

News Comments > Deus Ex Series Hiatus?
46. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 31, 2017, 02:09 Suppa7

Beamer wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 12:36:
Anyone finding HR to be a bad or poorly handled game is absolutely insane.

Yeah, differences of opinions and all, but there's no way to call it bad.

Sorry to tell ya but HR was console trash. It was everything DX was not. The ending of HR and the world of human revolution was just bad, the boss fights were nonsensical and really fucked up the game, the enemies you had to fight were just not interesting in the least.

The directors cut fucked up the game. DX was just not that great a franchise to begin with outside the first game. The DX world didn't feel right in HR at all.

News Comments > 25M Overwatch Players
20. Re: 25M Overwatch Players Jan 28, 2017, 06:40 Suppa7

Bumpy wrote on Jan 27, 2017, 17:35:
I don't get the popularity of this toon game.

Why the mass appeal?

Newer generations of kids who haven't played the entire history of FPS games. AKA as you age you acquire a massive gaming history and aren't as impressed by new releases while there are newer generations coming in behind that don't have any of that.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin
23. Re: ME newbie. Jan 6, 2017, 04:28 Suppa7

Ant wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 21:43:
Do we need to play ME1 to understand ME2's story?

You don't need to play ME1 but you should watch the playthrough and skip to the cutscenes. Or watch someone elses "lets play" through the entire game of ME1. ME2 can't truly be appreciated unless you've played ME1. ME2 is still an awesome game. So decide what you want more - if you care about story, you'll want to see ME1. If you don't, just jump into ME2.

News Comments > GeForce Now Streaming Announced
24. Re: GeForce Now Streaming Announced Jan 5, 2017, 12:46 Suppa7

Creston wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 11:44:
chickenboo wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 11:40:
Personally, I think eventually all gaming will be cloud-hosted.

Won't happen. Publishers jizz all over themselves thinking about it, but it's just not going to happen.

The last need for speed was always online and most new titles have internet connection required. They are just rebranded "mmo's". The amount of mmo/f2p and online drm is increasing. Always online drm for all new titles is essentially "cloud gaming". So sad that the average gamer is such a fucking moron.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 3, 2017, 14:15 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 14:04:
Why does media never call these guys on their bullshit?

Time to learn that support for business is against your interests.

Protectionism for the rich and big business by state intervention, radical market interference.

Protectionism

Testing theories of representative government

Testing theories of american politics

"Intended as an internal document. Good reading to understand the nature of rich democracies and the fact that the common people are not allowed to play a role."

Crisis of democracy

Crisis of democracy

Book reviews @ amazon

Some history on US imperialism by us corporations.

A brief history of imperialism in colombia

Energy subsidies

Subsidies for energy companies

Interference in other states when the rich/corporations dont get their way

When corporations don't get their way

Manufacturing consent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwU56Rv0OXM

https://vimeo.com/39566117

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Jan 2, 2017, 09:14 Suppa7

sdgundamx wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 07:47:
It's still baffling to me how there are people on this site who want to stick their fingers in their ears and pretend there isn't a problem with character representation in video games (and all media, really).

There isn't, talk about FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS. How about you use that brain and morality to solve actual problems. Where does having girls in videogames fall on the list of worlds most pressing problems?

Reality is your a moralist and a bad one, most people complaining about gender in entertainment are stupid. Just like religious folks and old people claimed rockin roll was the devil and comic books are signs of moral degeneration.

The reality is art is limitless it shouldn't be made to cater to anyone's moral compass.

News Comments > Diablo Turns 20
11. Re: Diablo Turns 20 Jan 2, 2017, 08:25 Suppa7

VaranDragon wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 08:09:
I don't get this post. Diablo was awesome. So was D2 and it's expansion. D3, not so much.

Action RPG genre is really the action game genre, if you look at combat mechanics of diablo 2 it's really just god of war/3D action game with a fixed camera angle. You check out games like champions of norath for the PS2 or Baldurs gate dark alliance, basically the "ARPG" genre is really just beat-em-up genre /w more limited move sets and fixed camera angle.

I didn't really like torchlight 2 all that much the combat left a lot to be desired, what diablo 2 did is gave classes "moves" like an action or fighting game. I found torchlight 2's classes underwhelming. PoE has good RPG elements but it's combat is a bit weak but it's the best ARPG on the market that tries to capture what diablo 2 did.

Basically Magicka IMHO is the best ARPG on the market, aka it's got great wizard fighting without the loot grind. The fighting in macgicka is just excellent.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 2017, 08:36.

News Comments > Descent: Underground in Development on GOG.com
16. Re: Descent: Underground in Development on GOG.com Dec 21, 2016, 16:58 Suppa7

thecakeisalie wrote on Dec 21, 2016, 15:25:
Although I have a lot of respect for GOG, I don't think I would back this. I've been burned by a lot of Steam Greenlight games and recently by a couple of EA games sponsored by Greenmangaming. Before that, Star Citizen, Shroud of the Avatar, ArcheAge, Mechwarrior Online to name a few. I'm DONE backing EA/Kickstarter games. I've been burned a few too many times and I only have cold cynicism left in my heart for them.

I hear ya, the whole problem is that developers with the talent didn't get enough funds (planetary annihilation) and the hacks behind descent underground are not the developers of the original descent. All the flameouts really come down to the fact that crowdfunding doesn't raise enough funds to make AAA games. I knew PA would fail because an RTS of that scale traditionally required at least 10 million. PA got 2.5 mill.

Overload is being made by the real descent developers.

http://playoverload.com/

News Comments > HTC Calls for VR Cooperation
6. Re: HTC Calls for VR Cooperation Nov 25, 2016, 01:13 Suppa7

There's this game, it's called mechwarrior 2, someone should really reboot that game for VR.  

News Comments > Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming
14. Re: Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming Nov 23, 2016, 18:44 Suppa7

swaaye wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 13:15:
I don't really understand why so many people link it to SupCom. It must be the visuals. It's not much like SupCom.

Supcom was heading in the right direction despite its flaws and slow pace. Basically they didn't really have a team either 1) good enough or 2) enough time to make sure the different factions were truly different from each other ala starcraft. So there was a lot of cut and paste. That and some of the units were just bland. But many of the concepts were sound but the execution left something to be desired.

Basically where the game was headed was amazing, but they just didn't have the time to really flesh it out. AKA supcom 1 was released prematurely it needed another 3-5 years in development to fix it's main problems.

Remember how much stuff was broken on Supcom 1's released, the GPG net multiplayer lobby was just bad and the game required day 1 patches because of a bunch of bone headed shit like unreal build times for experimentals. It's a sign of a rushed release all around and largely it was because THQ's internal financial problems, too many teams without enough funding so Supcom doesn't get as much funding as something like Saints row because of their projected sales.

13. Re: Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming Nov 23, 2016, 18:32 Suppa7

Darks wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 10:06:
Im curious suppa, where are you getting your information? Because I have completely different info on what went down.

Dude it's obvious, why did chris team need to be picked up by wargaming when chris was always about being independent, there was news article today about him founding his own studio (again). You could tell chris had real problems during the "Wildman" kickstarter, you could read the anxiety he had about the future in his video's. Sorry to tell ya. But the way chris may play it back to himself and the way things actually happened can be at odds with one another. He's got to be either 1) bullshitting or 2) lacking self awareness of why he keeps putting out games and making the same bad decisions during development.

Science is discovering the brain is poor at reality see here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYmi0DLzBdQ

So however chris spins it, Chris has a track record of getting involved in projects that either fail or "miss the mark".

Just look at his history of games:

-Dungeon siege 1 (OK)
-DS2 (Miss, worse compared to the first game)

-Supcom 1/FA (Great but had serious problems, a day 1 patch because experimentals took too long to build).
-Supcom 2 (miss)

-Demigod (great game, with broken multiplayer). Basically demigod could have been a success if they didn't prematurely release a broken game.

The man has a track record of being on unfinished games and his mainline games are all over the map, the decisions he made for supcom 2 were just awful for a PC RTS sequel because they needed to dumb it down for consoles.

Basically the people involved behind supcom, you can tell there was tension on the team chris lead. The game felt like it had a bunch of really good ideas being held back my some of the team members.

It really feels like many RTS devs have forgotten things need to be fun and we've been getting reskins of old RTS games with new gimmicks (strategic zoom, etc).

Either way RTS became so top heavy and less fun then hero arena, that MOBA's and DOTA became it's own genre, sit on that for a bit. A mod for an RTS became more popular then RTS when RTS used to be the mainline game.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2016, 18:38.

8. Re: Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming Nov 23, 2016, 08:54 Suppa7

Darks wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 08:29:
SupCom 2 was not disastrous. Maybe to you, but there are many out there who really like the game.

It was a financial disaster for Square enix, and overall a bad sequel, it had lower average score then supcom. So the consensus is supcom 2 is worse then the first and its expansion.

Supcom 2 is not a bad game, but it is a bad supreme commander sequel. Supcom 2 comes off like it should have been its own game or a spin off, but a mainline sequel.

Right after supcom 2 chris taylors development team collapsed and was picked up by wargaming, aka square enix didn't want chris taylor to do supcom 3. That right there tells you a lot about how well supcom 2 did.

5. Re: Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming Nov 23, 2016, 05:12 Suppa7

Chris taylor is a tragic figure he seems to get stuck with shitty events. First THQ went under and basically ruined supcom (aka underfunded it) then he goes on to make the disastrous supcom 2 which didn't do well. Then he desperately tries to make a MOBA via "wildman" kickstarter and it fails, then Wargaming comes in to hire his team, then he leaves wargaming.

That's got to be shitty all around for someone who tried their best to remain and independent developer.

News Comments > Warframe The War Within Launches
4. Re: Warframe The War Within Launches Nov 13, 2016, 16:19 Suppa7

Gipson wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 23:41:
the amount of content and work for a FREE TO PLAY game is staggering. kudos to DE and their dedication

The game began as mostly crap, basically the next generation of new young kids fed money to the game so it could develop. The game ultimately still devolves into grinding if you want to get anywhere, having to grind for their fake currency via runs.

Whoever said it wasn't P2W is not exactly correct, if you want to get anywhere in a decent amount of time you need to pay to skip grinding missions. You need to grind for certain amount of time to get frames to do missions with, without those frames later missions can be annoying.

News Comments > Battleborn "Day" Underway
7. Re: Battleborn Nov 12, 2016, 09:23 Suppa7

Pffft it's gearbox's own fault for trying to release a MOBA in a crowded market. Like jesus there are so many free to play multiplayer games, why would any young kid want to pay for a 2nd tier game?

The whole concept behind battleborn was retarded from the get go, whoever greenlighted the game should have been shot to begin with.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 11, 2016, 19:48 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 18:33:
I just did a fresh install of Win 7 and it won't update anymore.

Get the "Free version" with all the updates slipstreamed into the ISO.

753 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo