Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 741 (Apprentice)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > HTC Calls for VR Cooperation
6. Re: HTC Calls for VR Cooperation Nov 25, 2016, 01:13 Suppa7

There's this game, it's called mechwarrior 2, someone should really reboot that game for VR.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming
14. Re: Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming Nov 23, 2016, 18:44 Suppa7

swaaye wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 13:15:
I don't really understand why so many people link it to SupCom. It must be the visuals. It's not much like SupCom.

Supcom was heading in the right direction despite its flaws and slow pace. Basically they didn't really have a team either 1) good enough or 2) enough time to make sure the different factions were truly different from each other ala starcraft. So there was a lot of cut and paste. That and some of the units were just bland. But many of the concepts were sound but the execution left something to be desired.

Basically where the game was headed was amazing, but they just didn't have the time to really flesh it out. AKA supcom 1 was released prematurely it needed another 3-5 years in development to fix it's main problems.

Remember how much stuff was broken on Supcom 1's released, the GPG net multiplayer lobby was just bad and the game required day 1 patches because of a bunch of bone headed shit like unreal build times for experimentals. It's a sign of a rushed release all around and largely it was because THQ's internal financial problems, too many teams without enough funding so Supcom doesn't get as much funding as something like Saints row because of their projected sales.

13. Re: Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming Nov 23, 2016, 18:32 Suppa7

Darks wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 10:06:
Im curious suppa, where are you getting your information? Because I have completely different info on what went down.

Dude it's obvious, why did chris team need to be picked up by wargaming when chris was always about being independent, there was news article today about him founding his own studio (again). You could tell chris had real problems during the "Wildman" kickstarter, you could read the anxiety he had about the future in his video's. Sorry to tell ya. But the way chris may play it back to himself and the way things actually happened can be at odds with one another. He's got to be either 1) bullshitting or 2) lacking self awareness of why he keeps putting out games and making the same bad decisions during development.

Science is discovering the brain is poor at reality see here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYmi0DLzBdQ

So however chris spins it, Chris has a track record of getting involved in projects that either fail or "miss the mark".

Just look at his history of games:

-Dungeon siege 1 (OK)
-DS2 (Miss, worse compared to the first game)

-Supcom 1/FA (Great but had serious problems, a day 1 patch because experimentals took too long to build).
-Supcom 2 (miss)

-Demigod (great game, with broken multiplayer). Basically demigod could have been a success if they didn't prematurely release a broken game.

The man has a track record of being on unfinished games and his mainline games are all over the map, the decisions he made for supcom 2 were just awful for a PC RTS sequel because they needed to dumb it down for consoles.

Basically the people involved behind supcom, you can tell there was tension on the team chris lead. The game felt like it had a bunch of really good ideas being held back my some of the team members.

It really feels like many RTS devs have forgotten things need to be fun and we've been getting reskins of old RTS games with new gimmicks (strategic zoom, etc).

Either way RTS became so top heavy and less fun then hero arena, that MOBA's and DOTA became it's own genre, sit on that for a bit. A mod for an RTS became more popular then RTS when RTS used to be the mainline game.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2016, 18:38.

8. Re: Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming Nov 23, 2016, 08:54 Suppa7

Darks wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 08:29:
SupCom 2 was not disastrous. Maybe to you, but there are many out there who really like the game.

It was a financial disaster for Square enix, and overall a bad sequel, it had lower average score then supcom. So the consensus is supcom 2 is worse then the first and its expansion.

Supcom 2 is not a bad game, but it is a bad supreme commander sequel. Supcom 2 comes off like it should have been its own game or a spin off, but a mainline sequel.

Right after supcom 2 chris taylors development team collapsed and was picked up by wargaming, aka square enix didn't want chris taylor to do supcom 3. That right there tells you a lot about how well supcom 2 did.

5. Re: Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming Nov 23, 2016, 05:12 Suppa7

Chris taylor is a tragic figure he seems to get stuck with shitty events. First THQ went under and basically ruined supcom (aka underfunded it) then he goes on to make the disastrous supcom 2 which didn't do well. Then he desperately tries to make a MOBA via "wildman" kickstarter and it fails, then Wargaming comes in to hire his team, then he leaves wargaming.

That's got to be shitty all around for someone who tried their best to remain and independent developer.

News Comments > Warframe The War Within Launches
4. Re: Warframe The War Within Launches Nov 13, 2016, 16:19 Suppa7

Gipson wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 23:41:
the amount of content and work for a FREE TO PLAY game is staggering. kudos to DE and their dedication

The game began as mostly crap, basically the next generation of new young kids fed money to the game so it could develop. The game ultimately still devolves into grinding if you want to get anywhere, having to grind for their fake currency via runs.

Whoever said it wasn't P2W is not exactly correct, if you want to get anywhere in a decent amount of time you need to pay to skip grinding missions. You need to grind for certain amount of time to get frames to do missions with, without those frames later missions can be annoying.

News Comments > Battleborn "Day" Underway
7. Re: Battleborn Nov 12, 2016, 09:23 Suppa7

Pffft it's gearbox's own fault for trying to release a MOBA in a crowded market. Like jesus there are so many free to play multiplayer games, why would any young kid want to pay for a 2nd tier game?

The whole concept behind battleborn was retarded from the get go, whoever greenlighted the game should have been shot to begin with.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 11, 2016, 19:48 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 18:33:
I just did a fresh install of Win 7 and it won't update anymore.

Get the "Free version" with all the updates slipstreamed into the ISO.

News Comments > Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced
4. Re: Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced Nov 4, 2016, 15:58 Suppa7

MattyC wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 15:55:
A lot of the internet seems rather salty over this and I am not sure why. Seems like a neat little something classic coming soon and a small pack to come at a later date.

Putting classic diablo inside diablo 3 engine is a bad idea. Not to mention the online drm. Diablo 3 was the most hated diablo because it took everything people like about it and up ended it.

People have a problem because the graphics/art direction in diablo 3 is just too different from the prior two, D3 feels like a spin off game and not a true sequel to diablo.

The time between diablo 2 and 3 was almost a decade or more, that's just too long to do a proper sequel when the original teams are long gone. A different set of people did diablo 3 and you can tell. The expansion sold maybe a million and something... That's not a lot when diablo 3 sold 30 million units. 30 million units! And like 1.5 mill expansion. That pretty much sums up peoples disappointment with the game when your expansion doesn't even do 1/10 the sales.

News Comments > Origin Bans Myanmar
13. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 30, 2016, 15:48 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 15:45:
This kind of shit won't encourage piracy at all. No siree.

Heaven forbid people living in poor repressed regimes have a little escapism.

Well this wouldn't be happening if the average gamer wasn't so fucking retarded, we have DRM out the wazoo because the vast majority of game buyers are dumb as a bag of hammers. MMO's were the beginning of the end of game ownership sadly, the dumb half of humanity that pumped money into them paved the way for the normalisation of server locked games. Ultima online, EQ paved the way for steam, which paved the way for further encroachment on our rights.

11. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 30, 2016, 15:36 Suppa7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 14:03:
Suppa7 wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 13:47:
The person who complained is not a native of myanmar. AKA people who travelled to myanmar can't play their EA games.

Not sure where you are getting that from, and those links to EA's help site have posts from Myanmar citizens who have also lost access to Origin.

It's in the post in the Reddit link, here's a quote:

"I live in Myanmar, but I am not from Myanmar."

2. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 30, 2016, 13:47 Suppa7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 13:40:
That'll teach you to reside in Mynanmar, you Myanmarians!!

Odd timing, after the second DDoS attack(last night) in the past week or so on Origin or their DNS, DYN. I highly doubt that the source of most of that traffic was from outside the continental US.

Otherwise, Myanmar Origin customers need to start emailing EA en masse that those sanctions no longer exist.

It will be extremely unfair if they are blocked permanently and cannot get refunds for past purchases; good luck, Myanmar.

The person who complained is not a native of myanmar. AKA people who travelled to myanmar can't play their EA games.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2016, 05:36 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 15:37:
Forget weed, re-nationalizing the country's natural resources would do it right there. I've always been a heavy proponent of that. As far as I'm concerned, a country's resources belong to its people, not foreign multi-national corporations.

Unfortunately whenever countries try to help their people Americans try to destabilise and overthrow their government. I have to wonder what agencies are watching or trying to influence the politics of iceland.

News Comments > Book of Demons Demo
4. Re: Book of Demons Demo Oct 28, 2016, 09:44 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 20:05:
Kewl. I've had this on my wishlist for a while an have been hemming and hawing about getting it or not.

If you've played diablo you've played this game. It's really diablo /w less freedom. It is bizarrely linear and the fact that melee attacks can hit people from a distance is bizarre in and of itself but required I guess because you are basically sliding along a fixed path and most likely trying to attack normally would be frustrating.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 27, 2016, 09:04 Suppa7

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 19:18:
Timmeh wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 19:09:
sure invent all you want after you take Winblows 10 and shove it back up your ass!

Worst freaking OS of all time, id rather use Windows ME.
Oh come on now.
It's not that bad.
I bet that if it wasn't datamining your underwear, you would use it with gusto.

I wouldn't windows 7 is enough for me.

News Comments > Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies
36. Re: On Sale Oct 26, 2016, 10:44 Suppa7

gilly775 wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 09:29:
People read read and trust media reviews? I take them them with a grain of salt. I prefer to read user reviews and watch user videos instead. And I'm not talking about the big You Tubers....more of the "little people" and make a decision for myself. Besides, with Steam's refund policy, at least I can make an educated decision trying it out myself, deciding if I want to refund the purchase.

THe best thing to do is always look for average to below average scores, people who don't rate games highly are people who are honest, people who rate games highly are either 1) young/inexperienced or 2) stupid/oblivious/fanboys.

I think most intelligent people almost exclusively read negative reviews to see if there are major problems with the game. Positive reviews are little more than "yeah I agree its great" which isn't helpful.

This is why negative reviews have effect on sales, aka when there are genuine issues with the game you want to avoid it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2016, 17:48 Suppa7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 18:53:
Shadow Warrior 2 is pretty damned good.

If shadow warrior 2 was called something else, it would be an ok game. But as a shadow warrior sequel it feels pretty flat.

I can't understand why they'd try to copy borderlands, the last thing shadow warrior needed was diablo style loot.

They made the game hub based to make it easier develop for themselves but the single player lacks cohesion. It felt at times like a mod and not a game because you'd backtrack into the same levels for sidequests. The levels are more like arenas and not true levels.

Basically their idea for multiplayer and co-op harmed the single player aspect which was what made the original SW so good.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Oct 13, 2016, 03:28 Suppa7

Henry Dorsett wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 01:07:
Space games in non-space engines are hard. Like, REALLY hard. Getting Unreal Engine 4 to tolerate impulse-controlled unconstrained three-axis rotation was a pain in the ass, and even then it's temperamental. Getting it to tolerate controls from anything remotely close to an AI buddy/opponent, which has serious trouble with the idea of an impulse-controlled input system, rather than a direct-control input system, is what got me to drop the idea until I have time to fully learn UE4's eccentric system for modelling sensor input, decision-making, and output. And, really, you can't even put out an intro video announcing your project without working AI and fluid controls.

Well the old descent team is doing overload, it's too bad ex-star citizen with Descent underground stole the crowdfunding thunder the could have gone to the 'true' descent developers.

http://playoverload.com/

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer
3. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer Oct 12, 2016, 22:48 Suppa7

Ant wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 22:34:
LOL @ original (19)80s Transformers movie's music.

It was in the trailer for the first shadow warrior as well.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233130/

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 12, 2016, 22:20 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 18:05:
I really have no idea why at all this is contracted to private firms. This should be a pure governmental function.

To get around the law, aka technically "the government" isn't doing it then it isn't wrong. They got lawyers that work on this shit 24/7.

741 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo