Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 961 (Graduate)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fortnite Sheathing The Infinity Blade
4. Re: Fortnite Sheathing The Infinity Blade Dec 16, 2018, 19:14 Suppa7

DrEvil wrote on Dec 16, 2018, 00:40:
Their plan is to leave it up to the developer

It's all bullshit, Epic is making the biggest drm move in history now that they have that fortnite money, they are using the valve strategy (tm) cover up your shit with a lot of candy. We've seen most games people care about have some kind of drm integrated and valve only cared about the big AAA releases anyway. Since those are the 'real games' that generate most of the revenue for steam which is when companies started making their own launchers/drm it started putting pressure on Gabe that fat bastard.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Discord Store Undercuts Epic With 10% Split
26. Re: Discord Store Undercuts Epic With 10% Split Dec 15, 2018, 01:36 Suppa7

Man the dicklicking of steam is disturbing, Valve pioneered the theft and transfer of ownership of games. We no longer get dedicated servers or level editors in most AAA games and valve newell was the cause. He got progressively worse over time as they moved away from making games as steam grew and now he's making microtransaction infested artifact - a fully drm'd game, who's sole purpose is taxing stupid fucks with too much money.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 12, 2018, 15:26 Suppa7

NKD wrote on Dec 12, 2018, 11:10:
Why the fuck are you buying things on the Macroshaft Store??

Uhhh when weren't gamers morons giving away their rights? PC rpg's rebranded mmo's -- gamers fall for it.

Steam drm in 2004 -- gamers fall for it

Mobile microtransactions in games you don't own -- gamers fall for it

League of legends -- buy skins in a game you don't own, gamers fall for it.

Team fortress 2 -- buy hats in a game you don't own, gamers fall for it.

Uhhh it's been idiocracy since the 90's when Ultima rpg's in development were made "online" and everyone sucked corporate nuts.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries in September
2. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries in September Dec 2, 2018, 12:18 Suppa7

Overon wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 11:58:
Granted this is a single player experience but like I said, this developer is not known for quality.

Gamers proved to be morons long ago with ultima online, the fact that morons are paying for "champion/mech packs" in games like Mechwarrior online and Quake champions tells us how far gaming has fallen since the late 90's where we actually got server exe's and level editors with our games.

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free
12. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Nov 25, 2018, 07:43 Suppa7

Sepharo wrote on Nov 24, 2018, 17:03:
This seems personal for you, you're not thinking logically.

I'm thinking logically, more options+more modes+more vehicles+more skill. It has more decisions you have to make inside a game. In overwatch you largely two choices pick one of your modes and follow. Also special skills and ultimates are specifically designed for people with low reflexes. The game is geared towards people who are bad at videogames. To try and say that it isn't when it's a casual fps is bullshit.

News Comments > CDPR Aims for RDR2 Refinement in Cyberpunk 2077
21. Re: CDPR Aims for RDR2 Refinement in Cyberpunk 2077 Nov 25, 2018, 07:36 Suppa7

mellis wrote on Nov 24, 2018, 13:31:
97 is the aggregate critic's score for Red Dead Redemption 2. The user score, a far more accurate barometer, is well below at ~78 on all platforms.

Conversely; The Witcher 3's critic and users scores are very closely aligned at ~90+ on all platforms.

The statistics strongly suggest The Witcher 3 is a better game than Red Dead Redemption 2, despite it's lower Critic score.

Most modern AAA games have gone the cinematic direction and that allows for easier scores all around. Big AAA companies know if you basically put a movie inside a viedeogame and don't fuck it up too badly you'll get a good review.

Many modern games aren't even 'games' as they are psuedo-games, where the 'audience' (I fucking hate that term when applied to gaming) they are targeting is really just about targeting the people that want a passive cinematic experience.

10. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Nov 24, 2018, 13:43 Suppa7

Sepharo wrote on Nov 23, 2018, 23:46:
They are pretty different games. Overwatch has far more complexity in team composition and strategy than UT ever would. If all you see is, "Man this guy only gets a pistol?" then you're still viewing it through that FPS DM lens which doesn't really do it justice.

Dude it's a fucking first person shooter, they are not "radically different games". You got a guy with a gun running around shooting people and some basic skills for the overwatch characters.

To try to tell me overwatch is "more strategic" then UT2004, you are going to lose. One game of Assault on Torlan has more skill and strategy involved then the entirety of overwatch ever will.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
25. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 24, 2018, 13:40 Suppa7

Anyone been following this want to tell me if star citizen is going to end up like duke nukem forever?  

8. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Nov 23, 2018, 22:29 Suppa7

Sepharo wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 01:10:
Glad to see so much positivity in this thread... usually it's a lot of negativity.
I'll add that I'm also playing Overwatch more than any other shooter.. and for what 2.5 years now?
Game is fun, and polished, and updated.

I'm going to add a bit of negativity to the thread.

I'm sorry to tell ya but Overwatch is just a dumbed down multiplayer fps, I'd still take UT2004 over anything overwatch. The fact that game design is stuck pre UT2004 in many first person shooters still ticks me off. Because the masses can't handle any kind of complexity.

Whenever I play overwatch I'm reminded why I like 7+ weapon pickups, fighting for resources like armor and health, ctf, assault and mods.

News Comments > Diablo IV in Development Hell?
21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 23, 2018, 22:21 Suppa7

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 23, 2018, 00:44:
That's the thing though.. you will never see a dark and moody diablo like that because Blizzard has gone the Disney route with their design in order to appeal to the general consumer audience. The darkest you will see is disney villan type shit in their games, along with an equally pg-rated atmosphere.

Well it also is because they fired the original diablo 2 team because they wanted more money. World of warcraft was the game that changed blizzard forever. Warcraft 4, starcraft 2 and diablo 3 were put on the backburner to feed the money printing machine that was the wow juggernaut.

Tragically for those of us who grew up in the 90's it's a pretty sad thing to happen. Many of us were expecting d3/sc2 or a warcraft 4 if wow hadn't blown up to mega proportions.

The fucked up way in which PC gaming developed due to stupid people getting internet. I never in my life thought we'd end up in some dystopian lootbox world with mtx everywhere and no level editors or sdk's. Now that the internet has revealed that our species is stupid beyond hope. Software ownership is becoming a thing of the past because everyone keeps buying server locked games.

News Comments > EA Announces Project Atlas Cloud Gaming Development
6. Re: EA Announces Project Atlas Cloud Gaming Development Oct 31, 2018, 13:04 Suppa7

<Electric-Spock> wrote on Oct 30, 2018, 14:15:
How about some mod tools instead? I'd love to see the community make Battlefield great again...

LOL not going to happen, the last 20 years have been gamers rolling over and being clueless. If you buy a server locked game they have no incentive to give tools or mods anymore because they see it as competition for micro-transactions.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Oct 28, 2018, 09:00 Suppa7

The reality is gamers have seen their hobby destroyed by the rise of the ignorant masses. We've gone from games fully owned, controlled, with level editors and modding from the 90's, to fully locked down f2p/mmo garbage for mtx money where the game software is now fully controlled by corporations. We live in a fully blown gaming dystopia with the rise of stupid people getting internet.

They got to undermine ownership because the internet allowed them to keep part of the game code on their servers and not give gamers the full game leading to horrible business practices no one could defend against because the internet undermines the very concept of a market - there can be no accountability when you are 100's of miles away from a company. It's a nice fantasy.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 27, 2018, 11:09 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 20:14:
And that's why royalties are insane.

It helps that the average helped companies get rid of software ownership by buying server locked games which allowed them to basically print money via microtransactions.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Four Next Week
17. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Four Next Week Oct 21, 2018, 13:04 Suppa7

christheshitter wrote on Oct 17, 2018, 01:15:
Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2018, 13:36:
There is a software system compatible with ED that does that. You can buy voice packs of different actors - Bill Shatner, Tom Baker, et al. - that act as the ship's AI.
Voice Attack

Had no idea you had such a bad taste in games.

Most gamers have bad taste in games, the rise of mmo's, steam and online drm was proof positive most gamers are downright fucking moron level stupid.

News Comments > Quake Champions Adds Athena; Kicks Off Slipgate Festival
3. Re: Quake Champions Adds Athena; Kicks Off Slipgate Festival Oct 14, 2018, 11:00 Suppa7

If only it had level editing an sdk, and free skins like the old days... oh wait it's an f2p lootbox infected games because the average gamer turned out to be fucking stupid.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Oct 9, 2018, 21:56 Suppa7

Rhett wrote on Oct 9, 2018, 06:53:
I'm disappointed that it looks exactly like Fallout 4. Basically a Fallout 4 Multiplayer mod with potential griefing, and no (player-made) mod support...

Man you guys are fucking stupid, they just relabelled a piece of software and called it "online game" and you all fall for it, they've been doing this for 20 years since Ultima online and everquest. They want that microtransaction money so they will simply just make single player games and call them "online/mmo" and everyone will laud and fall over themselves to buy it.

That's exactly what they did with Need for speed world Online, NSWorld (Mmo) was just a forked copy of Most wanted.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 7, 2018, 03:06 Suppa7

Saboth wrote on Oct 6, 2018, 20:54:
They shouldn't even have the authority to search US citizens at the border, much less go through their laptops, phones, or put tracking devices on their cars.

It's almost like the US is a lawless outlaw state and it's citizens are too stupid to notice.

News Comments > Descent Underground Delayed; Resumes Testing; Changes Name?
25. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Released Oct 7, 2018, 01:24 Suppa7

Kxmode wrote on Oct 7, 2018, 01:05:
Suppa7 wrote on Oct 6, 2018, 18:20:
Overmann wrote on Oct 6, 2018, 17:18:
Also games that have the same name as the original always irked me. Need for Speed, Doom, Etc.. Can't you come up with something new?

The reality is most people are stupid and most game companies are conservative.

There's something wrong with you.

Most people are stupid, I'm sorry to tell you. I watched as millions of people voted against game ownership and now diablo 3 has single player lag. AKA game preservation is going to be impossible in the future as all AAA games become "services" because of fucking morons idiots who gullibly paid for mmo's and micro-transaction ridden games.

You do not see reality as it is, see the science:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYmi0DLzBdQ

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2018, 01:35.

23. Re: Descent Underground Delayed; Resumes Testing; Changes Name? Oct 6, 2018, 18:20 Suppa7

Overmann wrote on Oct 6, 2018, 17:18:
Also games that have the same name as the original always irked me. Need for Speed, Doom, Etc.. Can't you come up with something new?

The reality is most people are stupid and most game companies are conservative. So it's just easier to rehash what one knows has worked before because of the money involved.

The game industry has been creatively bankrupt since the late 90's but this bankruptcy is not entirely the game industries fault, it's just a matter of art assets and content becoming way too time consuming and costly to produce.

Think about all the insane 8/16-bit games made for the NES/SNES or genesis, many games like that were pitched in post 16-bit era and were never green lighted due to publisher fears.

I was surprised a Jackal tribute got green lighted.

Renegade ops (jackal inspired remake)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/99300/

The original jackal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackal_(video_game)

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2018, 23:27.

22. Re: Descent Underground Delayed; Resumes Testing; Changes Name? Oct 6, 2018, 17:23 Suppa7

Jonjonz wrote on Oct 6, 2018, 07:51:
The thing about the original Descent series that was unique was the complexity of the maze like levels which made huge use of the vertical axis. The level design was usually very polished with hidden traps and hidden mob compartments with invisible triggers. Getting lost in the original Descent games was a huge part of the single player experience.

The original descent survived off novelty, it wasn't really until descent 2 that descent hit it's stride. The after burner and weapons in descent 2 multiplayer were top class. D1 was really rough. When D2 came everyone switched to D2, the ab and things like smart mines and earth shakers were hella fun to use.

The single player campaign had to be descent 2's weakest point, it was just a mixed bag, lots of good ideas executed half hazardly beacause many aspects of single player campaign design hadn't been worked out yet.

I've played so many modern SP campaigns, like titan fall 2's, call of duty 4's, FEARS, etc... you can really see how much SP campaign design has moved on from the barebones of the 90's.

The good things I will say about descent is they at least tried to give the player a world to explore in the caverns even if they didn't have the hardware power to make it pretty/atmospheric like something like deadspace.

I'd love to take the Deadspace team and get them to help make a modern descent, while hiring the original developers simply to do the ship aspects of the game.

AKA have deadspace team to level and art design, but leave the implemnentation details of AI, weapon design, ship physics to the developers.

Deadspace's art team is top class.

961 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo