Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 714 (Apprentice)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Street Fighter V Patch Rootkit Removed
6. Re: Street Fighter V Patch Rootkit Removed Sep 24, 2016, 17:34 Suppa7

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 16:28:
A rootkit? Well that kills any Capcon purchase for me ever again. I don't care if they removed it, horrible decision to even put one in. What is wrong with these developers?????

Uhh you do know steam and mmo's spy on you right? Gamers showed with mmo's the would accept drm up the ass, once you accept mmo's you accept everything about drm because it shows your are tech illiterate. MMO's were the original scam corps were pushing to get you to pay monthly for a game you dont own or control.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 1 System Specifications
16. Re: Battlefield 1 System Specifications Sep 20, 2016, 04:00 Suppa7

Saboth wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 20:40:
i5 6600K is the minimum? I'm sure processors from 2-3 generations ago will work, but it's unusual to list such a new and higher-end processor as the bare minimum.

PFFT minimum requirements don't mean shit since CPU advancement has slowed to a crawl since around 2006. We've been getting maybe 10% per generation, people who think they would be getting low fps in an i5 2500K are fucking idiots, the new processors will be barely faster than that because most software workloads can't be parallelized. Multi-core can only work on parts of the code that are tractable to being split up and are not interdependent.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2016, 10:45 Suppa7

Most indies suck I'm glad, we need less shovel-ware and unfinished games on steam. 99% of indie games are garbage, good games will be able to compete on their own merits - shovel knight, etc.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
20. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 18, 2016, 10:51 Suppa7

Dagnamit wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 09:23:
Like I said though, Snowden broke the law and needs to go to jail. He also needs a pardon, which I would give in a heartbeat at the end of my term, t'wer I in Obama's shoes.

The problem with your idea is that many people before snowden have tried official channels and were ignored and marginalised. At some point an institution is so corrupt the law simply doesn't matter, the rule of law is a myth for the masses. The rich have always done what they wanted with impunity if you know your history.

Why do you think human rights became such a big thing after WW2? The nazi regime showed rule of law was a farce in the capitalist world with the big imperial powers duking it out for a share of the worlds booty.

News Comments > Battle.net Adds Paid Name Changes
6. Re: Battle.net Adds Paid Name Changes Sep 18, 2016, 04:17 Suppa7

Towyn wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 11:38:
Suppa7 wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 07:39:
Well we can thank the mmo players for this shit, since they were dumb enough to teach the game industry the average person on our planet is a fucking moron.

To be honest... we can thank Blizzard for that, since they were the first ones that thought having a public name associated with all your characters across all games they have is a thing in MMOGs.

Paying for a game you never own perpetually is the greater act of dumbness, you pay $10 to change your name you pay once. You pay for a game that the corporation controls the game disappears from gaming history because of the addiction and stupidity of the gaming masses. I can play many old games, that won't be so for many online only games or games with multiplayer whose servers will be shut off at some point.

News Comments > Battle.net Adds Paid Name Changes
4. Re: Battle.net Adds Paid Name Changes Sep 17, 2016, 07:39 Suppa7

Well we can thank the mmo players for this shit, since they were dumb enough to teach the game industry the average person on our planet is a fucking moron.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 15, 2016, 00:16 Suppa7

LittleMe wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 00:01:
This! What's next? Our motherboards will require a login and spy on us for marketing reasons so that advertised features will function?

This is a violation of good business practice I'm sure of that!

LOL videogamers and the masses taught apple and the likes of valve that you guys will pay for locked down shit that has spyware installed. Do you not see the corporate world being jealous of google, steam and apple with their walled gardens and being able to 100% spy on everything you do?

News Comments > Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard
2. Re: Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard Sep 12, 2016, 22:02 Suppa7

The guy single handedly botched warcrafts story when wow hit and diablo 3 as well. Can't say this is a bad thing considering the absolute garbage in terms of story of the later sequels.  

News Comments > Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10
10. Re: Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10 Sep 8, 2016, 21:32 Suppa7

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 20:49:
Again: I'm not touching Microshit's garbage store with a 10 lightyear pole. Not after what they pulled off with GFWL.

The same thing was said when mmo's were released, the same thing was said when Steam was released, same thing was said when online drm was added to diablo 3. There's always a bunch of new kids and assholes who don't give a fuck. The free market is a myth, most people don't qualify to participate in one.

News Comments > GeForce Experience 3.0 Released
16. Re: GeForce Experience 3.0 Released Sep 8, 2016, 14:30 Suppa7

Kajetan wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 05:36:
By throwing everything together you create no argument, but a steaming pile of ...

The connectivity to other players is essential for an MMO. There is no MMO without connectivity, the connectivity creates the MMO.

Steam offers much added value to soften it's weak DRM. Still, i dont buy full price, only low sale prices.

Origin and uPlay do NOT offer more or better value than Steam, so both clients are getting well deserved flak. They are useless.

Mandatory accounts for Geforce experience do offer what to players? Gifts and raffles? Colored glass shards and booze? Blankets with smallpox?

You've just proved my point your arguments are not logical at all, see: Private wow servers. Steam paved the way for always online in starcraft 2 and diablo 3. Also the acceptance of loss of dedicated server software because the average gamer is so fucking retarded and can't reason rationally. Steam taught companies to use PR and cover DRM and removal of gamers rights while spinning it as "adding value". Your post shows the success of corporate propaganda.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=11444122

Human beings decide things by emotion, not what is true, I can tell you the facts and you won't reason to the right conclusion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYmi0DLzBdQ

News Comments > GeForce Experience 3.0 Released
13. Re: GeForce Experience 3.0 Released Sep 8, 2016, 05:24 Suppa7

LittleMe wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 19:58:
What's next? We need to authenticate with them before we can play our games so they can lock us out at their whim even though we bought their card?

You and most people already showed them you'll take it up the ass, MMO's then steam, then origin, then uplay. Did gamers stop buying these games? Nope. Did they rationalise the trampling of their rights? Yep.

News Comments > Interplay IPs for Sale
9. Re: Interplay IPs for Sale Sep 7, 2016, 22:24 Suppa7

Vall Forran wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 22:12:
I'm curious. Been playing with the ue4 editor for awhile now...and the space flight sim game is *there*. Why has no one done anything? If you think of Freespace, it's rather simple, linear missions. Having the systems in place just strikes me as odd that no one has done anything.

Because most people don't have any experience making one, aka there have been tonnes of bad attempts. See two recent ones: Sol exodus and Strike suit zero.

I played them both and Strike suit zero's flight model and enemy AI was balls, the way ships moved were not fun to engage, I think people are put off having to develop AI that works in 3D and is fun to play against. Sol Exodus was a game that theoretically could have been good but the feel of the game is thrown off by their lack of experience. They had a lot of good ideas but they didn't really analyze freespace, many devs of these games never played freespace and/or are clueless of the importance of games like freespace in terms of analysis of properties of ships, weapons fire, graphics/sound effects, etc, how all these things come together to produce a fun experience.

I'd also advise you to go load up UT2004 and play the space mission, you can see even EPIC sucked at making a space ship play fun. It's fucking awful. It's under game type - assault, map is called mothership. See how bad even a AAA developer makes space feel. I hate the ship portion with a vengeance because I've been spoiled by games like descent and freespace. You can see developers really don't look around at people who are experts at making space flight feel good and play good and asking for advice.

Links...

Strike suit zero

https://www.gog.com/game/strike_suit_zero_directors_cut

Sol exodus

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200410/

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2016, 22:30.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI Kongo Trailer
3. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Kongo Trailer Sep 6, 2016, 14:37 Suppa7

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 13:56:
I still think Civ's gameplay mechanics are dated and need an overhaul, but I will do a 180 on the art style criticisms I made... visually, the game looks pretty spectacular.

Which 4X game would you prefer to play rather than one of the civ franchise?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 5, 2016, 00:56 Suppa7

Fion wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 14:51:
All these people buying a full-price expansion to - as I understand it - a broken, and bug-ridden alpha game... makes me sick. It sets yet another dangerous precedent and says to the company and others like it:

I'm sorry to tell you that precedent was set long time ago, MMO's were the original game to tell you most gamers were morons, why would you pay for an RPG where you don't control the server software? MMO's are the biggest con in gaming history, monthly subscription for a piece of software you never own that can be destroyed and taken away at any time.

The reality is the rise of the internet allowed the corporations to see how dumb humanity really was, that most gamers are stupid, feeble minded and illiterate.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month
13. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 3, 2016, 18:19 Suppa7

Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 07:48:
From the wiki...
Every mission, except for story-specific events, will feature procedurally generated level design and content, including randomized enemy positions, terrain, buildings, and weather conditions.

It most likely uses pseudo-procedural generation techniques where they just re-arrange prefabbed hand crafted chunks of levels.

News Comments > BT Steamed at Valve: Suing
21. Re: BT Steamed at Valve: Suing Sep 2, 2016, 03:59 Suppa7

Kxmode wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 19:42:
Shame that people can quite literally steal another person's work and claim it as their own, and yet this stuff continues to walk the tightrope of frivolity. The law only works for those with lots of money. Us little people have no hope of justice, even when morality and ethics scream for it.

The problem is applying properties to ideas and things that shouldn't be property is the problem. Human territoriality is not rational when applied to things like ideas. Thank god IP didn't exist in the past so whoever invented the alphabet can sit and tax society forever from his or her "IP". The reality is property more often than not makes everything fucking inefficient.

News Comments > BT Steamed at Valve: Suing
16. Re: BT Steamed at Valve: Suing Sep 1, 2016, 17:45 Suppa7

Jackplug wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 17:33:
These kinds of patents shouldn't be allowed to happen.

You don't understand how capitalism works in the real world. This has been going on for centuries.

Copyright extesnion over the last 200 years

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Sep 1, 2016, 05:05 Suppa7

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 17:18:
Take Half Life from the 1998 magazine archive mentioned earlier. 48.99 in chips-n-bits. Adjusted for http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/ makes it over $70 today.

Can't believe the regular punters claiming they would just steal pirate it have not posted in this thread yet.

Games are getting cheaper, clueless old senile whiners are getting whinier.

I'm sorry to tell you but this is bad reasoning, the market for video games has expanded since the 1980's. So you can't compare costs directly without taking into account market size. AKA it could very well be that games WERE cheaper in the 80's vs the size of the market then, it's an illusion.

Also there's tonnes of new negative things today, games are released unfinished because with the expansion of the market the lower half of the bell curve in intelligence came online. AKA the people who pre-order games and are fucking irrational. The people who feed f2p games and online drm.

News Comments > Free Play Coming to EVE Online
13. Re: Free Play Coming to EVE Online Aug 31, 2016, 17:32 Suppa7

NKD wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 16:07:
Today on Blue's: People bitch about a game being too niche and ask for it to be dumbed down and mainstreamed to appeal to them.

Way to flip the script.

LOL eve is a bad game period, it caters to retards. They don't call it the spreadsheet game for nothing. Freespace 2 is infinitely more fun then eve will ever be, eve is the ultimate badly designed casual game because everything is automated. MMO's are casual games, games like freespace are hardcore.

Claiming you are hardcore at 99% of mmo's is like claiming you are a hardcore bejewelled player.

News Comments > New Intel CPUs Revealed
7. Re: New Intel CPUs Revealed Aug 30, 2016, 14:26 Suppa7

MajorD wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 13:37:
Oh, but it is. Whether it is some or all of the architecture, the fact that they can now get it down to 10nm impressive now matter how you slice it.

Except die shrinks for the last few nodes haven't been anywhere near as great as before. You're not getting the fact that fewer parts of the processor are shrinking, aka the % of things that are being shrunk is much smaller so the "10nm" is a bit of false advertising. Before the entire cpu would shrink but that hasn't happened for a long time. It's part of the reason why cpu performance has stalled because of all the problems regarding shrinking parts and their performance characteristics not being good enough at smaller geometries.

714 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo