Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sink

Real Name Sink   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Suppa7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2012, 04:58
Total Comments 665 (Apprentice)
User ID 57312

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Season 7 Rewards
7. Re: Diablo III Season 7 Rewards Jul 21, 2016, 06:38 Suppa7

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 03:03:
Jagacademy wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 17:56:

Oh, wait, that's all any Diablo has ever been.

Nope. Diablo II (LOD 1.10 onwards) was different. It had level progression to 99 which was basically the goal of the ladder season in that game. It had 8 player games. It had PvP built right into the base game, anyone could cross swords with anyone else and fight anywhere outside of town. It had meaningful builds that you had to think about right from the get go. It had a full player driven economy with no Bind on Equip or any of the other bullshit trading restrictions. It built on an adult horror story with a mysterious setting and protagonists that hinted at a sprawling epic struggle just behind the veil.

Mostly correct...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Season 7 Rewards
5. Re: Diablo III Season 7 Rewards Jul 21, 2016, 00:36 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 22:58:
Agreed. The first was great for the flavor and the novelty of it. The second and third were meh for me. I'll never understand the long term draw of Blizzard games with this grind for a trinket mentality. It's just boring as shit for me at any rate.

The first and second were alright, the third was bad. basically ARPG's in the vein of torchlight/diablo 3 are a bit played out. The problem is there's not much to the combat so they hide that with loot grinding.

Diablo 1/2 were leaning heavily towards a more action oriented real time actionn games which had more fighting game characteristics in it in terms of its gameplay, the origonators of the ARPG genre didn't know that though. All diablo 1 is a fighter with limited number of moves with the camera fixed to overhead isometric perspective with leveling and loot grinding.

Why diablo 1 was so compelling was that they were heavily leaning towards a real action game with it the rpg elements were the glue for an ultimately weak design.

Notice in that diablo 2 there were more things you could do, like shield bash and dashing with the paladin. AKA more actions you could take to fight enemies. The people behind ARPG however dont' realize that the "arpg genre" is really just medieval fighting game with weak combat with loot and leveling stapled on.

It's part of the reason torchlight 2 feels so monotonous and barren after a while.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 19, 2016, 16:03 Suppa7

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 19, 2016, 14:36:
You should feel bad if you Pirated Witcher 3.. one of the few games that deserves your hard earned money.

I really like the Carrot philosophy they have. Make the game so appealing that you feel like you SHOULD buy it for how good it is.

No you should feel bad you don't understand anything about how the public domain has been stolen.

You are politically ignorant.

https://www.amazon.com/Against-Intellectual-Monopoly-Michele-Boldrin/dp/0521127262/

Here is the constitution:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_Clause

Article I, Section 8, Clause 8 of the United States Constitution, known as the Copyright Clause, empowers the United States Congress:

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries.

Note it says limited times, not infinite times.

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Jul 15, 2016, 01:25 Suppa7

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 19:35:
Every time I read about Descent Underground I'm momentarily confused and think they mean Descent to Undermountain. "Wow, they're still patching that old game?"

It's the descent made by wannabe programmers from Star citizen. The real deal is overload made by the same people who made descent 1 + 2.

Overload

Demo from their site:

Playable teaser

News Comments > Rocket League Crate Plans
10. Re: Rocket League Crate Plans Jul 13, 2016, 04:18 Suppa7

descender wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 01:38:
I wonder if the gamer generations understand chance and probability better than our elders ever did because of the prevalence of video games in culture. Theoretically we should have a more mature understanding of the risks of gambling because of this exposure at a younger age than previous generations were ever capable of experiencing. You would think the F2P generation would be even more aware of this, but I feel that parents haven't really handled that well.

Uhh what? The average gamer is young and stupid. Most youth has no memory of the 90's, playing doom or quake, computers and the internet is the equivalent of magic hidden behind windows.

Very few gamers will know what dos or win 3.11 is. There's been a whole generation of gamers growing up with drm and mmo's/f2p as 'normal'. Most people are stupid.

Science has shown human reasoning isn't literal, each individual mind has its own dictionary from which it 'reasons' and the person is not aware of or has access to the majority of their thought process. Which goes a long way to explaining why people would defend modern gaming when game companies are doing their darndest to prevent game ownership so they can sell chances to gable on skins and cosmetics.

Science on reasoning, you can tell people the facts and they won't reason to the right conclusion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYmi0DLzBdQ

When you think about it, religion being a big thing on our planet nad history, that should be overwhelmingly blinding evidence that the human brain is poor at perceiving reality generally. Which goes a long way to explaining why most people act so against their interest in gaming.

News Comments > Op Ed
54. Re: Op Ed Jul 12, 2016, 10:37 Suppa7

Warskull wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 23:11:
If you are a veteran PC gamer like you claim you will also remember that he basically saved PC gaming.

Only morons believe gabe saved gaming, the last 20 years games have gotten shorter and cut content, more locked down. Diablo 3 and starcraft 2 have full blown online drm in them. Hell league of legends is a couple of warcraft 3 levels for fuck sakes. The average gamer is fucking stupid.

Games are dumbed down to chimp factor five:

http://n4g.com/news/1070610/baldurs-gate-dev-games-are-often-dumbed-down-to-chimp-factor-five

(quote from gamer on elite dangerous from RPS)

Ah, the long awaited (and delayed) crafting update. Too bad itís utter garbage.

Not only do you have to gather the materials, you also have to grind rep for a faction to get an invitation to meet those engineers and then rep up for them again with crafting unwanted things (!) unless you may have a go at the modules you actually want (not to forget you still canít store equipment, so essentially you craft these directly for the garbage bin). And on top of that the outcome is random. Nice, isnít it?

There was quite a heated debate in the beta forum, wondering why the engineer rep gain wasnít tied to a more meaningful activity, for exampleÖ missions? Like this new mission system they have coincidentally worked on at the same time?

Then a dev chimed in, basically stating that this was the plan but they didnít have the time for it (6 months since the last update) and that this placeholder system is going to stay for a while.

I had my fun with the game, sometimes even defended it a bit but now iíve reached a point where my affection cooled down to a level that i just cannot care anymore. If they charge triple A prices i expect triple A quality. The last two years were very disappointing in that regard.

Will they ever get there? Maybe. But how many 60 Ä xpacs and years have to go by until that happens?

Good luck but count me out.

The ease at which gamers delude themselves as game devs run off with all that money and give nothing in return.

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2016, 11:01.

News Comments > Op Ed
53. Re: Op Ed Jul 12, 2016, 10:34 Suppa7

Devinoch wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 01:06:
Steam was not the first centralized platform; it will not be the last.

You dont' seem to get the free market cannot work unless you are within walking distance of the business selling the product, do you think gaming would hae taken the nasty drm turn if those of us who were pissed off about drm were within the neigborhood of these companies?

You are one of the stupid moutbreathers that feed at the trough of corporate america and handing over our rights to own our own shit.

All game companies had to do was wait for a new generation of tech illiterate kids and the fact that most gamers aren't close enough to these companies to influence their bad behaviour. So corporations push bad policy and 90% of the population will buckle since people are short lived and no one is going to deny themselves entertainment.

There is no freedom on planet earth, our society isn't setup to be anything like a market. if you are not within asskicking distance of the person making and selling you shit, then they are going to be as sleazy and underhanded as possible because you can't reach them from 100 miles away.

In the next 20+ years when every AAA game is either server locked or sitting inside a sandbox encrypted exe's and game files prevent you from modding or editing your game, don't say I didn't tell you morons like you are why gaming is such shit.

Denuvo and spin offs like it are trying to turn your software into something you can't access without being harassed legally.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo

Devinoch wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 01:06:
You clearly don't remember any of the previous DRM that included disc locks, serial numbers, or even getting key words out of an instruction manual. None of that killed gaming either.

You can't compare the two, those weren't drm they were copy protection. DRM is much more invasive, aka games locked to an account that requires server authentication. AKA no lan or dedicated server exe's are released, etc. Trying to compare modern drm to the 90's you are incapable of drawing distinctions. They are not the same at all.

Modern DRM infringes on your right to have the code run entirely on your computer and for you to own your game and not be spied upon. The whole of IP law is corrupt anyway but that's beyond your IQ level.

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2016, 10:49.

News Comments > Op Ed
50. Re: Op Ed Jul 11, 2016, 21:31 Suppa7

Devinoch wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 14:44:
Speaking of missing the point completely... Because Valve wants to sell games doesn't mean it's beneficial to have as many positive reviews as possible.

You aren't old enough to know that those of us who watched PC gaming grow up, gabe is an enemy not a friend. Hes' a total dick that pushed the move behind the removal of dedicated servers. He hugely started the trend of confiscating game ownership and encouraging back end locked down games. Remember steam was shoved into half-life and counterstrike as drm which no one wanted.

Steam is still drm and gabe is still an asshole, more and more games will be increasingly impossible to preserve because game companies are producing games in underhanded ways that prevent gamer control of said game.

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Jul 10, 2016, 23:11 Suppa7

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 15:16:
Good idea, also illegal as fuck.. store reviewing it's own sold products when that store also sells their VERY OWN products.. in what 3rd world country does the guy live where this is allowed and legal?

He's one of those libertarian hyper capitalist types that doesn't see conflict of interest. He's the typical, historically illiterate, oblivious, politically naive programmer. Most people are born yesterday and don't put any effort into understanding and appreciating the world is still in a state of war behind the scenes. The NSA isn't spying on us all for nothing, the powers the world over fear the political awakening of their people.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Cliff Makes Sense Jul 10, 2016, 13:40 Suppa7

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 12:34:
Sounds like an idea whose time has come.
Guaranteed impartial reviews. It's about time.

There is no such thing since people have different tastes. All games can be measured in terms of effort the developer has put into it. If the developer puts zero effort, they deserve little.

News Comments > Windows Gaming Survey
14. Re: Windows Gaming Survey Jul 8, 2016, 23:55 Suppa7

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 21:45:
Is all their announced Win 10 games coming out under UWP?

As someone who's old... the dream of intel and MS is to develop hardware where they lock it down and totally control it to extract rents via licensing fee's, etc. Trusted computing was all the rage in the late 90's/early 2000's in PC tech rags. These things are always with us... the corporate world will stop at nothing for profits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Computing

http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/power/ps4q06-20070160-tcg.pdf

Yes Microsofts new strategy is to turn the PC into a walled garden like the smart phone market. Once MS saw apple and Valve and increasingly game companies get away with invasive software/drm they want to infiltrate everything you do. Which is why windows 10 is a privacy nightmare.

The googles, facebooks, activisions, apples and valves of the world are all getting away with murder and being rewarded. So MS see's that and why should microsoft be left out of all those profits when all the sharks are feeding on the money of the masses?

Microsft doesn't care about PC gaming, it cares about controlling and developing a new software ecosystem that is 100% locked down the equivalent of apps for iphone. They want to turn PC's into an corporate mostly dumb malware client they control. The corps of the world want to turn us into a "permission" feudal society. Where we're told how to use, and what we can do with the things we buy.

Let's be honest people have been giving up their rights hand over fist for convenience and because the bulk of humanity is at chimp level intelligence when it comes to understanding the consequences of their short term behaviour on their long term interests.

The end goal of these big companies is to phase in hardware drm at some point, given that they've been successful in just waiting for an new batch of ignorant kids and marketing games to them on technology they have no clue works. I wouldn't be surprised if in another 50-100 years the entire population of earth is being drip fed and permanently monitored by Microsoft and company via operating system.

Basically mankind is undergoing re-enslavement via infinite expansion of bullshit IP laws and treacherous hardware implementations and software encyrtion.

Companies are funding encrypted computing, they would at some point like everything encrypted and the code of a game/app for customer is mostly inaccessible. AKA "it's magic", everything is purposely obscured in invisible software the user never see's.

We're seeing this with denuvo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2016, 00:23.

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Over Overwatch Cheat?
24. Re: Blizzard Sues Over Overwatch Cheat? Jul 6, 2016, 08:54 Suppa7

DarkCntry wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 23:47:
And I really do enjoy your colorful attempt at totally not understanding the gaming industry, it makes for a great laugh.

There's nothing "colorful" about it, in terms of the laws of nature why should anyone pay for a game who's functionality can be destroyed by the game company? You're a moron if you don't believe the game industry is corrupt and filled with criminals. It all began with MMO's and king gabe infecting games multiplayer code only they control.

How is diablo 3 better than diablo 2 in terms of your rights as a paying customer? AKA diablo 3 can be 'shut off', whereas the multiplayer still functions without internet in diablo 2 to this day.

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Over Overwatch Cheat?
21. Re: Blizzard Sues Over Overwatch Cheat? Jul 5, 2016, 23:07 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 12:21:
Rampant cheating does a property harm so the devs should be suing the shit out of anyone who engages in cheating. Make people afraid to do it.

Say what, game companies are scum, if games had multiplayer code include with the game like unreal and quake 3 in the 90's none of this would be a fucking problem since everyone can run their own server. People who want to cheat can cheat to their hearts content. This is videogames we're talking about. The last 20 years have seen the averager gamer bend over bukkake style and take it in the mouth from corporate criminals that infest videogameland. Modern AAA PC game modding has been curtailed from where it used to be because everything is now locked down.

No one in their right mind should want a game who's multiplayer can be disabled by the flip of a server off button.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 4, 2016, 10:37 Suppa7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 3, 2016, 17:16:
It's a shame it's turned into some sort of weapon skin gambling cheat fest though, I put hundreds of hours into pre 1.6 CS, and even CS:S. :|

LOL the average gamer is a moron, when MMO's became a thing that proved overwhelming that the average person is tech illiterate moron. We now have games that "shut down". Thank god for the 90's we can still play many old games via emulation, that will be increasingly impossible for many newer AAA games who's multiplayer code is trapped on the other side of the net.

News Comments > New Diablo Plans Revealed?
22. Re: New Diablo Plans Revealed? Jul 2, 2016, 17:37 Suppa7

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 12:24:
aka... paraphrasing (they don't explain what they think grim dawn got right)

Grim dawn got the atmosphere of the world mostly correct, It feels good to play the game. Even though the combat is pretty basic (as is for most arpg's).

I'd put magicka IMHO as top arpg of the last 10 years over both diablo 3 and torchlight 2, PoE and grim dawn. What made diablo 1/2 addictive was not merely the loot, it was because the original creators of diablo actually took fighting game mechanics and put combined them with rpg eleements. This is why things while crude in diablo 2 had a feeling they were going in the right direction -> sword swing + shield bash stun, + charge. Aka there were actual moves you could use on enemys instead of just wacking against a mostly static target. All ARPG's have problems with over simplified combat. IMHO I would love deeper combat in both poe, diablo 3+, torchlight, et al.

I played RPG's mostly for the combat, so if the combat sucks I can't get into the game and thats most rpg's since todays rpg's are so fucking automated its tragic. I can't stand auto-combat, so I can't stand most mmo's, where the skill and depth has been taken out so everyone can participate and pay that mmo subscription fee. So RPG's have been pretty much a write off for me. WoW, EQ, ultima online, FF XI, etc. Were all just trash in my eyes. Just too much auto-mated busywork bullshit without anything really deep and interesting going on.

Grim dawn has a gritty tone that is not that cartoon bullshit from diablo 3. While the levels can feel a little stale they are miles more atmospheric than what diablo 3 put out at release. AKA grim dawns levels and world could easily put a story and atmosphere that would make diablo 3 look like total garbage. Now the TQ developers mainly did game systems and put in a mostly forgettable story. But if they put some decent amount of work into the world of grim dawn I have no doubt it would make diablo 3 look like crap.

To be honest with you -- I haven't been a fan of ARPG (all of them) because I got burnt out. I've just played too many videogames over the years as an old gamer, almost 90% of new games I don't buy or don't do anything for me. I skipped Skyrim, oblivion, Fallout 3, etc. they are just such bad games generally in terms of their combat and the pacing. They've unlearned all the good game design lessons of the 90's. Since the average gamer is a bit of a moron and rather easy to please and thick explaining the nuances can be tough.

The combat in skyrim is easy mode and dumbed down but the world sure is purty. I like the atmosphere the world creates but I can't stand how the characters look or control (the people all seem so wooden). Let's be honest here. Gaming took a direction towards realistic graphics that has actually hindered it to a large degree. I'm more interested in seeing things that don't have to look like our reality. I want people to impress me with their imaginations. Things like skyrim and the new god of war demo sony released. Just look like everything that is wrong with modern gamings obession with 'looking real' and stimulating our emotions through audio visual flair instead of intrinsic gameplay systems - aka interesting interactions and things to do in the game.

The last 15 or 20 years gameplay has pretty much stagnated due to the fact the game industry has gone in the direction of the least amount of content for the most amount of money since the average consumer is so stupid.

While now games look like movies the gameplay and deep imaginative systems are lacking.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2016, 17:43.

20. Re: New Diablo Plans Revealed? Jul 2, 2016, 11:53 Suppa7

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 11:43:
Choices do matter in D3... at least now, but I agree with you that they are always reversible, I don't see that as a bad thing ;)

The problem was the gap 10+ year development/cultural gap between diablo 2 and diablo 3 and the fact that diablo 3 wasn't made by the original team. that's why D3 is so divisive, newer gamers and the not so bright half of the original videogaming generation wont get all of what's wrong with diablo 3. Let's just all admit diablo 3 was bad on release, even now its still pretty garbage generally. I still prefer path of exile over diablo 3 tbh even with PoE's flaws.

17. Re: New Diablo Plans Revealed? Jul 2, 2016, 10:26 Suppa7

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 09:48:
Then again, I am not one of those who think D2 was better than D3...

And you've disqualified yourself. D2 was made before world of warcraft fucked up everything. Diablo 3 while a respectably made arpg was pretty shit on release, and don't get me started on how they ruined the lore/story/characters of the diablo universe. If you liked the universe/setting of diablo then diablo 3 is a tragedy. Next diablo 3 made your choices not matter, everything is reversible. So there is no risk involved or challenge to playing a character where you've made x choices.

While diablo 3 is mechanically sound online drm, no lan, and general ignorance and doucheyness of young gamers means diablo is done. Grim dawn and Path of exile are really in the spirit of diablo 1/2 despite their flaws. Diablo 3 is just a console arpg. Diablo 2 had issues but the original team could have made the customization interesting had they had a crack at doing d3, too bad with all the usual fuckery in the game industry that didn't happen because world of warcraft fucked up everything. I wish that game hadn't become so successful its a cancer on gaming, every bad about game design went into mmo's/wow. It fucked up the sequels both starcraft and diablo 3.

News Comments > G2A Planning Changes
46. Re: G2A Planning Changes Jun 28, 2016, 15:27 Suppa7

Orogogus wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 15:21:
Action like what? The credit card company isn't going to do jack, their natural inclination is going to be to put it all on their customer (the publisher). The publisher isn't going to know anything's amiss until keys show up on the market below cost.

Uhh that's the whole point, the people who make credit cards, and provide money payments as a service and charge for it are ultimatley responsible for fraud committed using their services. AKA if you can't make it fraud proof, aren't making secure cards. That's the company's fault not G2A's. It's weird how people want to gang up on G2A when the whole game industry is scummy and fraudulent to begin with. Taking away level editors, putting online drm in games, etc.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer
18. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer Jun 26, 2016, 15:15 Suppa7

Slashman wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 09:54:
You sound like a bitter little kid: "Everyone needs to have MY kind of fun or they suck! The whole world sucks! Now where's my blanky?!?!??"

No, the average gamer is a fucking moron - mmo's, f2p, league of legends... it's overwhelming proof the gaming masses are fucking chimps.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 8, 2016, 14:31 Suppa7

LittleMe wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 13:24:
Suppa7 wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 13:14:
LittleMe wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 00:28:
Why is it their place to be involved in policy decisions in the first place? That's a blatant conflict of interest. Of course they want more power. They should not be involved in policy decisions.

They are not restrained because the rich and powerful fear the masses waking up. You're under the dangerous illusion as to how power actually works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7ZyJw_cHJY

Thanks, I already know about that. You presume too much what I do and do not know, unless you can read my mind. Maybe you do have superpowers I don't know for sure.

I'm sorry to tell you but you said this:"]Why is it their place to be involved in policy decisions in the first place? That's a blatant conflict of interest."

The words you use suggest you're unaware. "the conflict of interest" is an illusion, a lie you are told as as citizen. The rich and their orgnaizations in government do what they want. You are told the lie about how you rule and seperation of powers and all of that.

"Because we say so"

http://www.amazon.com/Because-City-Lights-Open-Media/dp/0872866572

Our brains are much worse at reality and thinking than thought. Science on reasoning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYmi0DLzBdQ

"Intended as an internal document. Good reading to understand the nature of rich democracies and the fact that the common people are not allowed to play a role."

Crisis of democracy

http://trilateral.org/download/doc/crisis_of_democracy.pdf

http://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Democracy-Governability-Democracies-Trilateral/dp/0814713653/

665 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo