Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chickenboo

Real Name chickenboo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 19, 2012, 18:37
Total Comments 71 (Suspect)
User ID 57305

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > EU Probing Steam and Others for Region Blocking Games
4. Re: EU Probing Steam and Others for Region Blocking Games Feb 2, 2017, 11:02 chickenboo

I am in agreement with you. I like cheap games as much as the next guy, and being able to pick up Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced for $6 from Bundlestars, or Doom 2016 for $24 during a Steam sale when the normal price in Canada is $79.99, is excellent and I've come to rely on a competitive market for keys online. But there needs to be a limit on who is able to sell games to whom. I shouldn't be able to buy games for pennies on the dollar from a Chilean website, where the price makes sense for the average Chilean. I'm all for cheap games, but developers and publishing houses need to make their cut as well, or they're going to resort to other tactics to make money, such as further microtransactions, shorter games with more DLC, less music, multiplayer only, etc. Everything we've been rallying against and angry about for the last two decades, the way the industry has been developing, will only accelerate.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 1, 2017, 10:57 chickenboo

In the not-too-distant future, next Sunday A.D., there was this guy named Joel, not too different from you or me  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jan 30, 2017, 13:05 chickenboo

Tetris The Movie.
Fruit Ninja The Movie.
Five Nights At Freddies The Movie.
Firewatch The Movie.

In twenty years after they've milked video games of all they're worth, they can move on to popular snacks.

Cheetos The Movie
Pop Tarts The Movie
Lasagna the Movie

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2017, 10:49 chickenboo

You've Been Wrong About Where the Death Star Trench Was for Your Entire Life

Clickbait title much? Of course the trench isn't the equatorial seam running across the Deathstar, that's where Tie fighters launch from and they have those huge anti-ship weapons. Dumb article.

News Comments > Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster
19. Re: Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster Jan 25, 2017, 10:44 chickenboo

I guess "Year of the Cock" wouldn't swallow well with the gaming community.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Jan 16, 2017, 16:44 chickenboo

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 15, 2017, 14:00:
Or the first time you went into un'goro crater and realized, very suddenly, why people didn't like going there.

I love going to Un'goro Crater! That's my second favorite zone behind Winterspring!

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Jan 10, 2017, 14:33 chickenboo

Pretty looking games on this list, Kingdom Come sounds good. I'm excited for Battletech and Strafe, myself. Like most of us though, I have a big backlog of games to play, so I'm going to try to spend as little as possible this year on games. My collection doesn't need to grow any larger than it is, and I'm going to try to avoid picking up titles solely because they're on discount. It's like I tell my girlfriend: "Yes it's 25% off, but we save 100% if we don't buy it!"  

News Comments > GeForce Now Streaming Announced
18. Re: GeForce Now Streaming Announced Jan 5, 2017, 11:40 chickenboo

Personally, I think eventually all gaming will be cloud-hosted. We already have MMOs like WoW or EQ which depend on user actions on their home PC being registered by the server instantaneously, so latency from user commands already shouldn't be an issue. I feel like, eventually, our Steam library will be a list of games we have access to from a server location, and we won't install them: Steam or whatever service will send us the visuals and audio to our system which can now be cheaper and rather bare bones. Think of the knock-on effects: hard drive sizes won't matter as much for gamers since we won't be installing anything; with less money spent on expensive components, we will have more money to spend on flashy keyboards and peripherals; game ownership will come further into question as we are given the right to stream a game-as-service for a limited period of time, with no right to the code, further protecting corporate IP. Mods would disappear unless you buy a Home Copy which you install and play yourself, which can be modded, since you won't be able to mod streamed games.

Scary stuff, really.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 4, 2017, 13:38 chickenboo

I might actually give it a try. I've had the WOW itch for quite a while now. Probably after a few play sessions I'll realize I don't want to spend my free time grinding slowly to level 40 for the first mount, and I'll go back to more productive things.  

News Comments > Global Virtual Reality Association Formed
3. Re: Global Virtual Reality Association Formed Dec 8, 2016, 13:28 chickenboo

Kxmode wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 13:25:
Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 13:04:
If you want VR to take off make an open source compatible format everyone can use.

and make a killer app

Make sure it's appropriately disruptive

News Comments > BATTLETECH Beta Plans
24. Re: BATTLETECH Beta Plans Dec 2, 2016, 14:43 chickenboo

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 13:30:
chickenboo wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 13:22:
Yup, we're all waiting for a fucking proper Mechwarrior remake. With VR taking off, the time is right. Fuck, can you imagine MW2 Mercenaries with a modern rendering engine and VR???

JUST TAKE MY MONEY

Indeed ^^ But this is one of these hopes that will never come to pass. The one hope we had for this, turned out be MWO....

Yeah, and I don't want online PVP. I want Mercs-style campaign mode, with fleshed out financial /inventory/mech/employee management, and moral ambiguity in mission outcomes. The sense of being a tiny fly caught in a hurricane of Inner Sphere politics set amidst the threat of Clan invasions, and the squabbling of petty Houses. Basically, MW2:Mercs but with more everything.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Beta Plans
22. Re: BATTLETECH Beta Plans Dec 2, 2016, 13:22 chickenboo

Yup, we're all waiting for a fucking proper Mechwarrior remake. With VR taking off, the time is right. Fuck, can you imagine MW2 Mercenaries with a modern rendering engine and VR???

JUST TAKE MY MONEY

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
38. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 16:00 chickenboo

Some of you guys need to check your privelege lol. If it weren't for Steam, Steam sales and the subsequent ballooning of competing digital delivery websites vying for my gaming dollar I'd still be buying boxed copies at the local EBGames for $80 a pop.

Instead I picked up Shadow Warrior 2 at 40% off which was only released two months back, and Stardew Valley for $10 which came out in like May, and Ori & Blind Forest for $9 when Microsoft wants to charge me $22 all year long.

And frankly I don't miss the flash sales, it sucked realizing the game you wanted to buy was on flash sale from 2pm-5pm on a Tuesday when you were at work or in class and couldn't buy the game, so you missed the deal and now you have to pay $12 when you could have paid $4.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
3. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 7, 2016, 17:32 chickenboo

Your actions have led us here, my faithul friend. The Temple is complete, and we are about to embark a path of our greatest exploit. For now relax, and watch as my Netrunners dance through the web of cyberspace...

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Linux
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 3, 2016, 13:16 chickenboo

Counter-Strike in all its iterations, Team Fortress Classic and Team Fortress 2, and Left 4 Dead 2 are the prime examples of the extensive post-release content support they provide. Other Valve games with post-release content support, but to a lesser degree, include Portal 2 and Day of Defeat. All their other games are continually patched to stay compatible with modern systems and to fix bugs/issues when they still occasionally arise. Honestly, it's hard to think of a developer that provides better post-release support, nearly all of it for free.

Thank you for your voice of reason in a sea of inexplicable Valve bashing

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 2 Next Year
15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 Next Year Nov 2, 2016, 13:51 chickenboo

the EA CFO saying, "We’re working very hard on making sure that is an extremely deep and engaging offering."

A spurious quote. CFO cares about the bottom line much more than he cares about making a product that will stand the test of time in playability. The entire company operates on pumping out sequel after sequel year after year. They have no intention of making something truly excellent, just "good enough to spur some purchases" until the next one comes out.

I've been reading this industry-wide complaint in magazines, and the internet, since like 1994. It'll never change. Guess I'll have to rely on indie devs for the really compelling titles (Darkest Dungeon, FTL etc)

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 21, 2016, 11:09 chickenboo

Finally picked up Westerado, I'd been waiting well over a year for a discount this steep.  

News Comments > David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo
14. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 18, 2016, 11:19 chickenboo

But Mad Max with a Interstate 76 mod.... *drools*

hnnnnnnnggg... desperately want an I76 remake. Not necessarily a new installment, just a dev team to port it faithfully to a new engine. Keep the missions, dialogue, music etc.

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Released
12. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Released Oct 11, 2016, 16:22 chickenboo

Relax, people. For those who are big duke fans and want to support the devs, which this time around include the original guys from 20 years ago, $20 isn't very much money to fork over for ALL of duke3d, plus new levels, commentary, new voices, and a new renderer (maybe something like gzDoom and Brutal Doom?). And for those who don't want to pay $20, well, wait a month or two and GOG should have it for $12.99 on a sale.

It's $20, pocket change really. And it's not like you're getting a three hour walking simulator a la Firewatch.

News Comments > Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud
12. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 11:18 chickenboo

Honestly how many people do you think take their time to go to Steam, where they do not own the game they are reviewing, to review it for the benefit of the Steam community, which they are not part of?

It's like if you don't have a subscription to Netflix but still want to the ability to go to the Netflix website to leave movie reviews. Why would you bother?

If you didn't buy a game on Steam but got a key offsite someplace like humblebundle, you can still leave a review, it just doesn't count to the score, and your review would realistically only count for maybe 0.0005% of the total score in the end. People can still read your review. This shouldn't stop anyone from reviewing games they like other than those who want to influence the game's review score.

71 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo