Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Mordhaus

Real Name Mordhaus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On January 11, 2012
Founding Supporter Gold, since March 5, 2020
Total Comments 284 (Amateur)
User ID 57294

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third Remastered Announced

12. Re: Saints Row: The Third Remastered Announced Apr 6, 2020, 22:59  Mordhaus 

I still prefer the SR2 to all the rest. The Third was fun, but will live in infamy for killing off Johnny Gat.

Edit: Well, didn't notice it was EGS exclusive. Looks like I won't be getting it anyway.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Report: Gearbox Staff Unhappy with Lower Than Expected Borderlands 3 Bonuses

18. Re: Report: Gearbox Staff Unhappy with Lower Than Expected Borderlands 3 Bonuses Apr 2, 2020, 02:50  Mordhaus 

I wonder where all that Epic money went? Did they not sell some copies on Steam as well, or did people boycott them after their CEO deep-throated Sweeney and vomited the party line about how Epic was going to be the savior for devs?  

News Comments > Samurai Shodown and More Coming to Epic Games Store

2. Re: Samurai Shodown and More Coming to Epic Games Store Mar 24, 2020, 11:06  Mordhaus 

Not Samurai Shodown!

I thought Epic was going to quit doing these exclusives once they were an established store? It's been well over a year and they aren't doing well enough vs Steam to do away with exclusives?

News Comments > I Am Fish Announced

2. Re: I Am Fish Announced Mar 9, 2020, 23:41  Mordhaus 

I wanted it initially, but when I got invited to test it they told us that it was going epic exclusive. So it's a no go for me.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 to Support Cross-Play Between Steam and Epic Games Store

5. Re: Borderlands 3 to Support Cross-Play Between Steam and Epic Games Store Mar 5, 2020, 21:40  Mordhaus 

I honestly can't say I am going to bother with BL3. I loved one and two, but just not feeling this one since they sold out to epic. Didn't get the new Metro either.  

News Comments > Op Ed

17. Re: Op Ed Feb 22, 2020, 23:15  Mordhaus 

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 22, 2020, 16:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 22, 2020, 15:52:
I haven't bought a single game in my "epic" library, aside from BL3. Numbers mean nothing. Let's see where store sits in 2 years.
For every geriatric gamer who has not bought a game from the store there are 2 whipper snappers who have.

Dressing up 'ok boomer' doesn't really work.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 18, 2020, 02:31  Mordhaus 

Cutter wrote on Feb 17, 2020, 21:49:
How about you and your company pay your share of fucking taxes instead, dickface? Try paying your employees a living wage and full benefits while you're at it. I hate that fucking douchebag so much!

Too busy working on Earth Prime

News Comments > Quantic Dream Going Full Indie

1. Re: Quantic Dream Going Full Indie Feb 17, 2020, 17:01  Mordhaus 

Nice!  

News Comments > Metro Exodus on Steam

13. Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 20:01  Mordhaus 

Kxmode wrote on Feb 15, 2020, 16:52:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 15, 2020, 15:56:
I paid $35.17 for the Gold Edition, hard to believe Steam still charges more for this old thing. shrug

Despite your attempt to jab Steam yet again, Valve doesn't set the price.

Eh, we all knew he would say something. Just ignore him.

News Comments > Morning Interviews

12. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 14, 2020, 00:26  Mordhaus 

Cutter wrote on Feb 13, 2020, 12:05:
What a load of corporate speak bullshit. He could have summed it up in one word, money. Just be honest. At least people could respect that. 'Well if someone drove a dump truck full of money up to your place, what would you do?'

Yeah, I mean some devs have been straight up and while it upsets me that I have to wait out the exclusive, at least they are honest. This type of shit is just trying to cover up the money grab.

I mean, I get it. If I had a product that was in a risky business like video games and someone came up to me saying "Hey, I can guarantee you x amount if you go exclusive for a year", I would jump on that like a starving dog. I'd also hope I would have the guts to tell fans that, unlike EA or Activision, I can't make the next game without some profit off the previous one. A bag of cash means you can make the next game.

I still don't like Epic's use of exclusives, but it is clear that small developers are going to keep going after them because they kind of have to. Sweeney can still go f*ck himself, though.

News Comments > Steam Sets New Concurrent User Record

9. Re: Steam Sets New Concurrent User Record Feb 3, 2020, 16:59  Mordhaus 

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 3, 2020, 13:00:
Slashman wrote on Feb 3, 2020, 12:43:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 3, 2020, 11:37:
Rigs wrote on Feb 3, 2020, 10:57:
See, that's the real yardstick, though - the most concurrent IN GAME. Just being online is pretty useless. I keep mine online 24/7, doesn't mean I'm doing anything involving Steam, my system never shuts off unless I'm working on it or it's stormin' really bad (or the power goes out, duh), and I would imagine there's a lot of people who are the same way.
If your putting hundreds of hours making a source mod with hammer that measures as an on-line user who is connected.
This number is not amaze balls as some will have you believe. With everyone leaving their computers on 24/7 and games minimized with steam running thereís no wonder the number is high.

Yeah Epic is gonna catch up with that any day now and show these losers some real simultaneous online numbers...wait...do they even have a system for counting the number of users online and pla....
What does this thread have to do with everyoneís favorite whipping boy. Donít try to make this about Epic because it isnít.

As for what I was trying to say, but obviously failed at, Iíll let the blurbage Blue posted speak for itself.
ď5.8 million of them were in game, compared with seven million from the previous record two years ago.Ē

It has one thing in common, but I'll let you figure that out.

News Comments > Blizzard Claims Ownership of Custom Game Modes

18. Re: Re: Blizzard Claims Ownership of Custom Game Modes Jan 29, 2020, 23:01  Mordhaus 

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 29, 2020, 22:44:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 29, 2020, 22:41:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 29, 2020, 22:34:
If they really want people to mod their games, then I would do it the other way around: Pay them for making mods. The more people play that mode, the more money they get. Pretty much like Youtube or Twitch, just with mods.

With shit like this they will only lose modders, if not customers.

That goes counter to what Blizzard is doing. They don't want another DOTA slipping through their fingers. So this AUP update essentially creates blanket coverage if one of the custom modes becomes wildly successful. They can declare retroactive ownership and make money off someone's work without paying them a dime. It's outright theft.
Thats the thing though, with shit like this they wont even know if a DOTA slipped through their fingers.
Well, maybe they will, if it pops up in other games.

This! They won't see the next DOTA because players aren't going to put much effort into modding a game that tells them that their work is immediately owned by Blizzard. This type of decree does the opposite of making them money, it stifles the desire to do something creative to begin with.

News Comments > On the 2019 PC Content Spending Downturn

16. Re: On the 2019 PC Content Spending Downturn Jan 25, 2020, 00:20  Mordhaus 

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 24, 2020, 22:28:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 24, 2020, 21:53:
Lmao, is there any way possible giving away millions of free PC games didn't have an effect on sales. .
Every game given away was a sold game and counts as a sale. Epic just didn't magically have the games given to them so they in turn could give them away.

Receiving a free game doesn't stop someone from buying another game just like giving away free cheese samples doesn't stop someone from buying another cheese.

PCWorld Epic Games Store's fight against Steam has made PC gaming better for everyone

That article, pretty much like everything you post is just someone's opinion. Whereas the numbers show facts. Epic creates store, Epic buys up a ton of the most desired upcoming games and makes them exclusive, and sales go down.

Black and white, clear as crystal; you can prevaricate all you want, but sales went down because a lot of folks (like myself) wouldn't piss on Epic if they were on fire.

News Comments > On the 2019 PC Content Spending Downturn

1. Re: On the 2019 PC Content Spending Downturn Jan 24, 2020, 20:56  Mordhaus 

Blame Epic.

I predict a massive upturn this year as 'exclusives' roll out of their contract.

News Comments > Steam Game Release Pace Slowed in 2019

5. removed Jan 8, 2020, 08:57  Mordhaus 

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 8, 2020, 09:05.

News Comments > Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit Follow-up

14. Re: Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit Follow-up Jan 4, 2020, 18:09  Mordhaus 

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 4, 2020, 16:07:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 4, 2020, 15:56:
So basically Crytek doesn't believe the game will ever come out so no need for a lawsuit.
But last year they thought it would come out, whats changed.

What's changed?

Anyone with a brain now knows that SQ42 will likely only be 'completed' when CIG needs a desperate cash infusion. Until then they will fiddle away most of their time on SC and it's ever expanding feature/ship creep.

Chris Roberts only functions when he has someone with an EXTREMELY firm hand forcing him to finish a game. Otherwise the development will just go on and on, ad nauseum.

I've been around long enough to see this before with him. Other than the original Wing Commander, he has only been in 'primary' control of the following game developments: Strike Commander, Freelancer, and the games CIG is working on. Everything else he has done was with other people in primary control.

So how did those work out? Strike Commander took more than four years and over a million man hours on background development. Very little of that production time turned out to be actually usable in the final product, as at least one and possibly several complete project "reboots" were required to refine the graphical engine to a playable state.

Freelancer took six years to release and that was only because after Microsoft took over funding midway, they put a full stop on much of the feature creep. That was in 2003, but I am willing to bet that if they would have just continued cutting checks to Digital Anvil, we would likely still be waiting for good ol Chris to complete his magnum opus.

News Comments > First Epic Games Store Exclusives Ending

18. Re: First Epic Games Store Exclusives Ending Dec 10, 2019, 03:48  Mordhaus 

I am not a steam elitist. I just don't agree with the idea of exclusives. I fucking despise exclusives on consoles, why would I want to get used to them on PC?

We already have EA now only releasing their games through Origin, now we have Epic doing exclusives on 'popular' games. I don't support the idea, so I don't buy games on either platform. I do buy from GOG and Steam, but only because they aren't aggressively pushing exclusivity.

If they want to charge full price on other services, they can. I'll either forget about them or I'll wait until they get a big discount on sale.

Now if you want to talk elitists, you need to speak with the Epic fucking fanbois. They have been the ones gloating about people either buying the exclusives or being forced to wait a year. Some of them post any time a topic even hints about it being Epic related.

News Comments > Op Ed

6. Re: Op Ed Dec 5, 2019, 18:57  Mordhaus 

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 5, 2019, 16:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 5, 2019, 13:40:
I am gonna be the cynic and say, if they don't add new content it means the sales were bad

I am gonna be the realist by pointing at the facts which are that Borderlands 3 sold in five million copies in the first five days, making BL3 the fastest selling title in 2K history and the highest selling title for the label on PC. Retail sell-through was 50% higher in the first five days compared to BL2.
BL3 also generated 14 million hours of view time on Twitch in the first week which amounts to more than 50% of the view time that BL2 aggregated over its seven year lifetime.

So, all in all pretty unfortunate news for the pitiful little band of Epic haters out there since BL3 is actually a smashing success for 2K. Keep dreaming though. Maybe one day a game will actually flop on EGS. Until then I'd suggest hitting up one of those real doll stores on the Internet and have them model a Gabe doll for you so you can f... I mean... hug and cuddle it every night. It might make this cruel reality where EGS is successful a little more bearable. Give it a try!

I'm going to be an asshole and say that:

A. ALL game companies inflate their release numbers in press releases
B. There are absolutely no FACTS in that press release. Unless FACTS mean to you what someone says with absolutely no evidence.

There are EPIC fanbois too. Don't be one of them....

News Comments > Apple and Valve AR Collaboration Rumor

2. Re: Apple and Valve AR Collaboration Rumor Nov 4, 2019, 12:54  Mordhaus 

Creston wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 12:50:
I can't wait for the $4000 headset that works like a $1000 headset that's going to come out of this.

Plus the first hint of humidity and it will fail all indicators or short the ppbus_g3_hot, meaning that it will be out of warranty and will cost more to repair than to replace with a new one.
#disposable
#apple

News Comments > Overwatch 2 Announced

5. Re: Overwatch 2 Announced Nov 1, 2019, 20:54  Mordhaus 

Followed the year after by Overwatch - Black Ops, then after another year by Overwatch - The Early Years, ad nauseum.

Activision - blizzard

284 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >