Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Mordhaus

Real Name Mordhaus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 11, 2012, 06:23
Total Comments 266 (Amateur)
User ID 57294

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Apple and Valve AR Collaboration Rumor

2. Re: Apple and Valve AR Collaboration Rumor Nov 4, 2019, 12:54 Mordhaus

Creston wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 12:50:
I can't wait for the $4000 headset that works like a $1000 headset that's going to come out of this.

Plus the first hint of humidity and it will fail all indicators or short the ppbus_g3_hot, meaning that it will be out of warranty and will cost more to repair than to replace with a new one.
#disposable
#apple

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch 2 Announced

5. Re: Overwatch 2 Announced Nov 1, 2019, 20:54 Mordhaus

Followed the year after by Overwatch - Black Ops, then after another year by Overwatch - The Early Years, ad nauseum.

Activision - blizzard

News Comments > Borderlands 2 VR Released

9. Re: Borderlands 2 VR Released Oct 23, 2019, 10:04 Mordhaus

I read the reviews, it seems to be a shit port even on 3rd party headsets. Not that I would expect anything less from a company that can't seem to release a single game without massive day one issues. Gearbox games = wait a couple of months for them to let people beta test them and fix the issues before you consider buying. It's just sad more people don't seem to be able to learn that.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions

7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 17, 2019, 04:30 Mordhaus

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 18:37:
Blizzard knows who butters the bread.
NOT Every Voice Matters at Blizzard and we strongly encourage everyone in our community to NOT share their viewpoints in the many places available to express themselves. However, the official broadcast needs to be about the game and competition, and to be a place where all ONLY THOSE WHO TOW THE COMPANY LINE are welcome.

For once, we agree.

News Comments > Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties

34. Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties Oct 13, 2019, 04:02 Mordhaus

Quinn wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 03:56:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 21:28:
Quinn wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 19:47:
FloorPie wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 18:33:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 17:04:
Quinn wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 15:27:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 15:01:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 14:04:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 13:54:
Imagine the uproar around here if he'd said Black Lives Matter.
No wait, that's kneeling in the nfl.

Muahhh I wouldn't give a fuck if he said that, or took a knee because you can do that kind of shit here in America.
Colin Kaepernick would like a word.

The difference is that blitzchung protested an issue based on reality; on things actually going on systematically in China and one can easily show the evidence. Colin protested a non-issue directly contradicted by factual data and originated from a racist and victimhood mindset. And for those prone to straw-man other people's arguments: I am not saying there is no police violence or that there's nothing of anything.

Pretty sure Colin is protesting a real issue.

Yes, and what was the NFL's respose to a Dallas player who wanted to salute fallen cops via stickers on his uniform or whatever after that BLM march when a lone guy shot and killed several cops a few years ago? They told him no. Colin Kapernick and others can bend a knee all they want though. Such oppression.

The NFL and NBA have long controlled the speech of their players and staff. The HK issue I guess has just finally cheesed off a majority of Americans that now everyone notices how much corporations have sold out to do business with China.

There's a reason people like Sepharo "snip" quotes the way they do. Some people approach debates in a tactic that either deliberately misinterprets or misquotes the opposition. I prefer to steel-man my opposition. If I cannot come up with counter-arguments, maybe that would be a reason to have my mind changed.

Many people, in this community too, prefer to just dig in and play an unfair game trying desperately to fortify their own position in the matter. See Sepharo's approach as a tell-tale sign. Most people know what I meant with what he quoted. I am certain.
I am also certain Sepharo did as well.

@Sepharo, for debate's sake, would you be so kind as to steel-man my position?
Please tell us why it is that every single time you enter a conversation about race that you are the only person who comes across as Raaaaaaaciiiiiissssst.
Is it because you are not from America and you have no understanding of the race dynamics here, or is it a language barrier issue.

Feel free to answer your own question. There's some internal thing going on with you if you are so prone to give me that heavy label. If I would write "black people are apes, white people are apes. We are all apes." you and some others here would jump at the chance to deliberately misinterpret and/or misquote me. That's not my problem. It's yours. You just make it my problem.

Twitter for Android

News Comments > Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties

27. Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties Oct 12, 2019, 21:45 Mordhaus

If it had nothing to do with China, why were you licking their nuts on weibo hours later?

At least own it, don't be pussies and try to deny it.

News Comments > Some Blizzard Employees Walkout Over Hong Kong Controversy

12. Re: Some Blizzard Employees Walkout Over Hong Kong Controversy Oct 10, 2019, 00:10 Mordhaus

EMPLOYEES take a stand and walk out in protest.

TIM SWEENEY: "DON'T FORGET ABOUT US!!!"

News Comments > Valve Burgled

28. Re: Valve Burgled Oct 9, 2019, 05:44 Mordhaus

If there is a town named Lake-Town nearby, they better put on their dragon alert.  

News Comments > Blizzard's Hearthstone Champion Ban over Protest Draws Protests

21. Re: Blizzard's Hearthstone Champion Ban over Protest Draws Protests Oct 8, 2019, 15:49 Mordhaus

Well, looks like China can get anything censored, even outside of China.

Edit: Mock Apology from Matt&Trey
LOL, rock on M&T!

News Comments > No EGS Exclusivity for EVERSPACE 2

15. Re: No EGS Exclusivity for EVERSPACE 2 Oct 7, 2019, 16:33 Mordhaus

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 7, 2019, 12:00:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 7, 2019, 11:07:
But what if I wanted to buy it on EGS...
Sorry, the monopoly landed this one.

It absolutely did not. If you BOTHERED to read the page, it says in comments it will be available on EGS,Steam, and GOG when the full version is ready. The only thing on Steam 'first' will be an Early Access version.

EDIT

ROCKFISH GamesCreator
about 3 hours ago
You can choose between Steam, GOG (DRM-Free) and EGS (in case they want Everspace 2) at full release (Early Access will only be available on Steam). It is in the description of the Standard Edition reward tier.

News Comments > Alec Holowka Dead

89. Re: Alec Holowka Dead Sep 2, 2019, 02:33 Mordhaus

I was almost blinded by the light thrown off by the sheer number of white knights in this thread.  

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Down on Exclusives

21. Re: CD Projekt RED Down on Exclusives Aug 25, 2019, 01:55 Mordhaus

I buy all their games there anyway, best way to support them.  

News Comments > Epic Games Store Adds Features

9. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 15, 2019, 21:24 Mordhaus

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 20:54:
Epic adds features.
Let the hate train begin

Epic or anything remotely related to them does ANYTHING. Let your utter lovefest continue.

News Comments > THQ Financials Reveal New Saints Row

9. Re: THQ Financials Reveal New Saints Row Aug 14, 2019, 18:07 Mordhaus

If they are doing it, it needs to be a complete reboot. SR1 and SR2 were great, SR3 was pretty good but it started slipping near the end. Everything after that was goofy.

Either start it with a new group of characters or have the stuff after SR2 be non-canon, with the boss mentoring a new hero.

News Comments > Take-Two's Borderlands 3 Investigation Sparks Controversy

12. Re: Take-Two's Borderlands 3 Investigation Sparks Controversy Aug 8, 2019, 02:47 Mordhaus

Quinn wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 01:46:
Mordhaus wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 01:32:
Slick wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 00:56:
Leaker got caught leaking and profiting from said leaks, that's the story. So now what... boycott the game? We're now siding with the perp of the crime instead of the victim? And you can fuck right off if your values all of a sudden switch polarity because the victim is a studio and not a private citizen. Quite the moral argument to be making.

The fuck...

1. It's a studio that is...somewhat clueless when it comes to PR and relationships with gamers. There is not a lot of love lost between their customers and the studio.

2. He is NOT a 'Leaker'. That would imply he was either:
A. an employee that leaked info
B. someone who signed an NDA to have access to said info

According to all we know, he found some way to access poorly secured information on Twitch, as did some of the people in his community. He then disclosed that info to his subscribers. It isn't his responsibility to make sure that the data he accessed was secure, it was the company's. Now they have all rights to force removal of the items that they retain copyrights to, such as screenshots etc, but it's pretty shitty of them to kill his discord, twitter, and other accounts because they couldn't keep their data hidden.

Thanks mate. You saved me the trouble to write what you did; to explain to the small-minded fellas, who so desperately want to be contrarians all of the time, what's what.

People who want a sci-fi flick future --where there's no government and companies have all the power over our freedoms -- must love this story.

Fuck Take-Two for intimidating their fans. Especially like this.

PS: Above opinion is based on the current information we have about the situation.

The funny thing is that I bet half of the people saying he is a scumbag are the same people that were cheering on Wikileaks for leaking government info. Obviously, unless some more information comes out showing him to be in the wrong, he really is no different.

10. Re: Take-Two's Borderlands 3 Investigation Sparks Controversy Aug 8, 2019, 01:32 Mordhaus

Slick wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 00:56:
Leaker got caught leaking and profiting from said leaks, that's the story. So now what... boycott the game? We're now siding with the perp of the crime instead of the victim? And you can fuck right off if your values all of a sudden switch polarity because the victim is a studio and not a private citizen. Quite the moral argument to be making.

The fuck...

1. It's a studio that is...somewhat clueless when it comes to PR and relationships with gamers. There is not a lot of love lost between their customers and the studio.

2. He is NOT a 'Leaker'. That would imply he was either:
A. an employee that leaked info
B. someone who signed an NDA to have access to said info

According to all we know, he found some way to access poorly secured information on Twitch, as did some of the people in his community. He then disclosed that info to his subscribers. It isn't his responsibility to make sure that the data he accessed was secure, it was the company's. Now they have all rights to force removal of the items that they retain copyrights to, such as screenshots etc, but it's pretty shitty of them to kill his discord, twitter, and other accounts because they couldn't keep their data hidden.

News Comments > Steam Zero-Day Exploit

5. Re: Steam Zero-Day Exploit Aug 8, 2019, 01:21 Mordhaus

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 01:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 01:01:
Red886 wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 00:34:
um, it's all because he didn't get paid and now he's all grouchy
If you find a 0-day that can exploit windows steam service 100% of the time and you get your issue closed down 3 times with completely irrelevant reasons then you would be grouchy too

Now Valve can enjoy having an active 0-day the price of having IT security outsourced.
So here we have someone who is actually making up things about the researcher.
I'm not surprised at who did it but still. smh

Imagine the outcry if an identical situation had happened to that other color store front.
A few around here would sperge the flerg out and swallow their tongues.

Actually, even as much as I don't care for EGS, I would have been more likely to call it a growing pain and ignore it. Valve dropped the ball on this one and should be called out on it. They are far too established to have this type of thing happening.

News Comments > Op Ed

14. Re: Op Ed Aug 8, 2019, 01:18 Mordhaus

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 23:54:
I'm liking the defenders of extreme toxicity here. Methinks advanced entitlement syndrome runs rampant in some of you.

Classy guys, real classy.

You, of all people, should have the nerve to talk about class and being a 'defender' of something.

I'm a firm believer of "don't start none, won't be none." These devs prevaricated to their patreon members and then tried to cover it up. Now they are being snowflakes and doubling down on their fuckup. I have little to no sympathy for them.

5. Re: Take-Two's Borderlands 3 Investigation Sparks Controversy Aug 7, 2019, 23:17 Mordhaus

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 22:03:
Piece of shit is shit. What a loser.

He signed no NDA that I am aware of, so any 'secrets' he found were a result of poor security by multiple parties.

Or are you just jumping on the bandwagon to defend one of EGS flagship sellouts? Nah, that couldn't be it...

News Comments > Out of the Blue

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2019, 18:02 Mordhaus

I guess she got the idea to get her dad out from the Prisoner of Azkaban  

266 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >