Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordhaus

Real Name Mordhaus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 11, 2012, 06:23
Total Comments 162 (Novice)
User ID 57294

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 21, 2017, 04:41 Mordhaus

I would caught a whuppin'.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mad Catz Closed
25. Re: Mad Catz Closed Apr 1, 2017, 11:59 Mordhaus

Xero wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 21:10:
Good. I still remember buying my second N64 controller from them and the damn thing got jammed in the system. The stupid hook up end of the wire to the system broke off inside the system and I had to mail my N64 back to Nintendo for repair, rofl. Madcatz didn't do shit about it. Assholes.

You know what it was like for a hyper active 14 year old who lives off a console to not have it for almost a month? Rough.

As a former hyperactive 14 year old myself, I can say you simply play with your other joystick more until your console comes back.

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
22. Re: StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free Mar 27, 2017, 04:47 Mordhaus

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 22:03:
Mordhaus wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 16:56:
The Blizzard I remember wouldn't re-release a game, they had standards.
Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I wonder if Pepperidge Farm remembers when Bioware used to make good games?

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
10. Re: StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free Mar 26, 2017, 16:56 Mordhaus

The Blizzard I remember wouldn't re-release a game, they had standards.  

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
44. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 22:57 Mordhaus

Does anyone get the feeling Slick doesn't like Steam?  

News Comments > For Honor Launched
8. Re: For Honor Launched Feb 15, 2017, 09:08 Mordhaus

You would think that after all of the problems with P2P modding in games on PC that they might have chosen a different method. Guess money was more important in the short run.  

News Comments > Deus Ex Series Hiatus?
17. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 30, 2017, 11:46 Mordhaus

Haven't played MD yet, but HR was great except for the ending. I've heard MD is the same way. Perhaps they need to figure out the endings and they will sell better?

News Comments > New Grand Theft Auto Online Mode
4. Re: New Grand Theft Auto Online Mode Jan 2, 2017, 13:08 Mordhaus

"Free"  

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Dec 31, 2016, 23:56 Mordhaus

I totally understand where the author is coming from. I am still outraged that the old Atari classic "Combat" never let me play as a human being, instead of forcing me to identify with tanks, bi-planes, and jet fighters.  

News Comments > Vaporware Awards
31. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 27, 2016, 17:13 Mordhaus

GTA V began pre-development late in 2009 and was RELEASED in late 2013.

You are referring to the enhanced version, which features an increased draw distance, finer texture details, denser traffic, upgraded weather effects, new wildlife and vegetation, and a new First Person mode. This took ONE year to complete and polish for the PC. If you are going to use another game to make apologies for SC, make sure you get your facts correct.

Since we are going to mention GTA V though, it is considered to be one of the most expensive games ever made, with a final cost of close to 250 million dollars. As you mention, SC is planned on being much bigger, yet the funds raised to complete it are around only 140 million. Something doesn't compute, yeah?

This comment was edited on Dec 27, 2016, 17:22.

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up
9. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up Dec 25, 2016, 17:35 Mordhaus

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 15:59:
favorite comment from phobos512
Here's the thing. Back in the day we'd have heard about this game as a sentence in a magazine article/interview ("working on something really neat," etc.). There would've been rumors for months to years and eventually a full page ad buy and then an article. And then it would've come out. Instead we follow the entire process every step of the way and we are enabled to know and criticize everything. It's a complete paradigm shift and it's hard because people are so damned impatient.

Back in the day, say the 90's, this would be correct. The problem is, this isn't pre-internet/early internet times. All games go through intense scrutiny now.

People are starting to get worried because this is not the first time this has happened to a game that CR was fully in charge of. Not just the making, but utterly in charge of. He has a long history of feature creep, made worse by the very nature of the method they used to fund this game. Add a feature, get more money, ad nauseum. This plays right into CR's greatest strength and his greatest weakness.

Right now, Star Citizen is looking like the development phase of Freelancer. Many might think that is a good thing, since Freelancer was a decent game, but it isn't. Freelancer, if you take a moment to look at what was promised by CR during it's development, was far closer to what Star Citizen is supposed to end up being. When he finally ran low on time and funds, selling the project completely to Microsoft, it was not really close to what had been mentioned/promised.

That is what I see happening here, only this time it will be Amazon buying him out and releasing a shell of what was supposed to be the end all space MMO of all time. Which is what Freelancer was supposed to be. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freelancer_(video_game)#Development

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers
55. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers Dec 25, 2016, 16:50 Mordhaus

Slick wrote on Dec 24, 2016, 22:50:
wait, so Amazon would buy SC, to gut the company and sell off the usable code... which is based on Amazon technology. ok?

SC is in no danger of being bought out, they have more than enough money to finish this project even if it takes another 3 years.

And IF Amazon did buy them out, they wouldn't release the project? They just want all of that sweet sweet buggy pre-alpha code for a game that will never exist?

think.

No, someone else said that. I said that this is trending towards the real situation that Freelancer was in. Roberts had a super grand vision for that game as well, but when he doesn't have a firm hand guiding him, he goes into feature creep mode. They ran out of money and time on Freelancer, then sold it to MS. It was released as a shell of what was promised, albeit being a decent game. I see this happening here as well, SC will be sold and it will be released, but it will be nothing like what was promised.

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers
30. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers Dec 24, 2016, 21:59 Mordhaus

Calling it now, just like Microsoft did with Freelancer, Amazon is going to end up buying (bailing out) SC from Roberts. It will be released but it won't have anything near what he promised, then CR will go back into hermit-mode for another 10-15 years so people will forget.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
44. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 16:48 Mordhaus

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 16:13:
Mordhaus wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 15:54:
Let me add one bit to that, as an extremely early "former" KS backer myself, I believe most of the initial backers have already done as I have and requested a refund.

The people who are still in this mess are most likely the ones who want all of it. I wish them good luck, but if they were smart they would have gotten out when SC was still handing out refunds. They are dealing with a McDonalds that has ran this particular scam before and that sold a kid's meal burger that they claimed to be a Big Mac to Microsoft.
The game is more popular than ever (there are over 1.6m backers) and I very much doubt that most original backers have requested a refund. That said, I fully support anyone who isn't happy with the direction of the game in doing so. It's taking a lot longer than originally anticipated and not everyone is going to be happy with the direction of the game.

Personally I'm a huge fan of the direction that CIG is taking and being part of the iterative design process. The community has had an enormous impact shaping the game and it's always interesting watching the weekly videos and being able to meet the developers at events. Of course I have plenty of criticism of the game but that's to be expected.

Well, enough people did ask for refunds that they reworded the original kickstarter based TOS to make refunds basically no longer available. I don't have other evidence, but when a company rewords a TOS and starts denying refunds, it is likely that a lot of people were pulling their money out of the project.

In any case, if you like the direction the development is taking, I am not going to lambaste you for it. I hope if and when the game releases you get what you want.

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
39. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 15:54 Mordhaus

NetHead wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 15:29:
NegaDeath wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 13:25:
Sabre Wulf wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 12:48:
its like going to McDonald and ordering a big-mac, then pulling up to the window and the cashier hands you a combo with fries and a coke. You say i didn't order that, and they reply, the car behind you paid for everyone to have a combo order for the next 1 million customers. Then you get pissed because you didn't want the fries and a coke because it makes you fat, but you sure as hell going to eat them just for spite even if you didn't want or pay for them.

In this case there has been no sign of the Big Mac in years, with no ETA for when it's ready. And those bonus fries have been delivered first despite not being ordered originally, and they aren't finished cooking yet.

A: Your Big Mac will be ready next week sir.
B: Why?
A: The guy behind you ordered an elephant steak to go with it.
B: I don't want that, and I don't want to wait, I just want was agreed to.
A: It's free sir.
B: I'm not happy about this, I've already paid for what I want.
A: I don't comprehend why you're not happy sir, it's free

The thing about analogies, are they're often straw men. Shitty analogies on the other hand....

Let me add one bit to that, as an extremely early "former" KS backer myself, I believe most of the initial backers have already done as I have and requested a refund.

The people who are still in this mess are most likely the ones who want all of it. I wish them good luck, but if they were smart they would have gotten out when SC was still handing out refunds. They are dealing with a McDonalds that has ran this particular scam before and that sold a kid's meal burger that they claimed to be a Big Mac to Microsoft.

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Dec 19, 2016, 01:33 Mordhaus

Did not see this coming, two new trailers (commercials) and then an Xmas ship sale...

You have to give them hella credit for marketing though, EA needs to buy them out just for the marketing team. "Yeah, so next Madden isn't going to be just a new game, we are just going to let customers BUY individual teams and players. So if you want to be really competitive, you need to pay for Tom Brady or Ezekiel Elliot. We can also stretch this out for a couple of years, just tell them we are doing an entirely new engine and code."

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer
10. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer Dec 17, 2016, 14:17 Mordhaus

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 12:55:
Valve let them use Soon™

Well played

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer
9. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer Dec 17, 2016, 14:12 Mordhaus

I have it on good authority that we should be seeing a beta release sometime soon, in the next couple of years or so.

I figure with this promo and the CGI Vanduul video they released recently they probably will be able to pull in a bit more money on vaporships, so they can stay afloat for a couple more months.

News Comments > Space Engineers Beta Begins
1. Re: Space Engineers Beta Begins Dec 15, 2016, 20:32 Mordhaus

At least they can say they made Beta before Star Citizen.  

News Comments > DOOM Free Update 5 Now; New DLC Next Week
7. Re: DOOM Free Update 5 Now; New DLC Next Week Dec 8, 2016, 11:00 Mordhaus

Free Update 5, where we add Bots since every one else that bothers with MP is cheating their ass off. Still no dedicated servers, still no anti cheat system, but we have DOOOOOOOOOM Marine Armor now!  

162 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo