Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Mordhaus

Real Name Mordhaus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 11, 2012, 06:23
Total Comments 256 (Amateur)
User ID 57294

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Alec Holowka Dead
89. Re: Alec Holowka Dead Sep 2, 2019, 02:33 Mordhaus

I was almost blinded by the light thrown off by the sheer number of white knights in this thread.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Down on Exclusives
21. Re: CD Projekt RED Down on Exclusives Aug 25, 2019, 01:55 Mordhaus

I buy all their games there anyway, best way to support them.  

News Comments > Epic Games Store Adds Features
9. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 15, 2019, 21:24 Mordhaus

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 20:54:
Epic adds features.
Let the hate train begin

Epic or anything remotely related to them does ANYTHING. Let your utter lovefest continue.

News Comments > THQ Financials Reveal New Saints Row
9. Re: THQ Financials Reveal New Saints Row Aug 14, 2019, 18:07 Mordhaus

If they are doing it, it needs to be a complete reboot. SR1 and SR2 were great, SR3 was pretty good but it started slipping near the end. Everything after that was goofy.

Either start it with a new group of characters or have the stuff after SR2 be non-canon, with the boss mentoring a new hero.

News Comments > Take-Two's Borderlands 3 Investigation Sparks Controversy
12. Re: Take-Two's Borderlands 3 Investigation Sparks Controversy Aug 8, 2019, 02:47 Mordhaus

Quinn wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 01:46:
Mordhaus wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 01:32:
Slick wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 00:56:
Leaker got caught leaking and profiting from said leaks, that's the story. So now what... boycott the game? We're now siding with the perp of the crime instead of the victim? And you can fuck right off if your values all of a sudden switch polarity because the victim is a studio and not a private citizen. Quite the moral argument to be making.

The fuck...

1. It's a studio that is...somewhat clueless when it comes to PR and relationships with gamers. There is not a lot of love lost between their customers and the studio.

2. He is NOT a 'Leaker'. That would imply he was either:
A. an employee that leaked info
B. someone who signed an NDA to have access to said info

According to all we know, he found some way to access poorly secured information on Twitch, as did some of the people in his community. He then disclosed that info to his subscribers. It isn't his responsibility to make sure that the data he accessed was secure, it was the company's. Now they have all rights to force removal of the items that they retain copyrights to, such as screenshots etc, but it's pretty shitty of them to kill his discord, twitter, and other accounts because they couldn't keep their data hidden.

Thanks mate. You saved me the trouble to write what you did; to explain to the small-minded fellas, who so desperately want to be contrarians all of the time, what's what.

People who want a sci-fi flick future --where there's no government and companies have all the power over our freedoms -- must love this story.

Fuck Take-Two for intimidating their fans. Especially like this.

PS: Above opinion is based on the current information we have about the situation.

The funny thing is that I bet half of the people saying he is a scumbag are the same people that were cheering on Wikileaks for leaking government info. Obviously, unless some more information comes out showing him to be in the wrong, he really is no different.

10. Re: Take-Two's Borderlands 3 Investigation Sparks Controversy Aug 8, 2019, 01:32 Mordhaus

Slick wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 00:56:
Leaker got caught leaking and profiting from said leaks, that's the story. So now what... boycott the game? We're now siding with the perp of the crime instead of the victim? And you can fuck right off if your values all of a sudden switch polarity because the victim is a studio and not a private citizen. Quite the moral argument to be making.

The fuck...

1. It's a studio that is...somewhat clueless when it comes to PR and relationships with gamers. There is not a lot of love lost between their customers and the studio.

2. He is NOT a 'Leaker'. That would imply he was either:
A. an employee that leaked info
B. someone who signed an NDA to have access to said info

According to all we know, he found some way to access poorly secured information on Twitch, as did some of the people in his community. He then disclosed that info to his subscribers. It isn't his responsibility to make sure that the data he accessed was secure, it was the company's. Now they have all rights to force removal of the items that they retain copyrights to, such as screenshots etc, but it's pretty shitty of them to kill his discord, twitter, and other accounts because they couldn't keep their data hidden.

News Comments > Steam Zero-Day Exploit
5. Re: Steam Zero-Day Exploit Aug 8, 2019, 01:21 Mordhaus

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 01:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 01:01:
Red886 wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 00:34:
um, it's all because he didn't get paid and now he's all grouchy
If you find a 0-day that can exploit windows steam service 100% of the time and you get your issue closed down 3 times with completely irrelevant reasons then you would be grouchy too

Now Valve can enjoy having an active 0-day the price of having IT security outsourced.
So here we have someone who is actually making up things about the researcher.
I'm not surprised at who did it but still. smh

Imagine the outcry if an identical situation had happened to that other color store front.
A few around here would sperge the flerg out and swallow their tongues.

Actually, even as much as I don't care for EGS, I would have been more likely to call it a growing pain and ignore it. Valve dropped the ball on this one and should be called out on it. They are far too established to have this type of thing happening.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Aug 8, 2019, 01:18 Mordhaus

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 23:54:
I'm liking the defenders of extreme toxicity here. Methinks advanced entitlement syndrome runs rampant in some of you.

Classy guys, real classy.

You, of all people, should have the nerve to talk about class and being a 'defender' of something.

I'm a firm believer of "don't start none, won't be none." These devs prevaricated to their patreon members and then tried to cover it up. Now they are being snowflakes and doubling down on their fuckup. I have little to no sympathy for them.

5. Re: Take-Two's Borderlands 3 Investigation Sparks Controversy Aug 7, 2019, 23:17 Mordhaus

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 22:03:
Piece of shit is shit. What a loser.

He signed no NDA that I am aware of, so any 'secrets' he found were a result of poor security by multiple parties.

Or are you just jumping on the bandwagon to defend one of EGS flagship sellouts? Nah, that couldn't be it...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2019, 18:02 Mordhaus

I guess she got the idea to get her dad out from the Prisoner of Azkaban  

News Comments > What Happens to Purchases if Google Kills Stadia?
1. Re: What Happens to Purchases if Google Kills Stadia? Jul 19, 2019, 10:36 Mordhaus

Pretty much a non-answer. Basically, trust us. oooook  

News Comments > Epic Games Store Roadmap
35. Re: Epic Games Store Roadmap Jul 15, 2019, 02:55 Mordhaus

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 14, 2019, 21:03:
Mordhaus wrote on Jul 14, 2019, 20:23:
Some people are nutjobs if they think valve has 6mos to live though.
Sooner if the shopping cart gets finished early. Wink
You may want to bone up on hyperbole, jokes, satire and Poe's Law.

The thing is, I can never tell if you are joking when you fall all over yourself praising Epic.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Roadmap
28. Re: Epic Games Store Roadmap Jul 14, 2019, 20:23 Mordhaus

Eh, I gave up on hating epic. I won't be a customer of theirs ever, but there is room for another store.

Some people are nutjobs if they think valve has 6mos to live though.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 12, 2019, 22:24 Mordhaus

Acleacius wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 22:08:
Thank Capitalism for loopholes to hide huge sums of cash, for arrogant self-serving delusional assholes. Otherwise that money might end up in the public's pocketbook and be spend on useless things like food, health care, education and making the world a better place. Middlefinger Flamethrower

Even though I am not a fan of how Epic is building their store, we can dispense with that right now. This is cash they earned through their business, they didn't take it out of anyone's monetary pool that might fund the stuff you listed. It wasn't like someone was sitting at their computer going "Hmm, I could send this money to the needy or I could buy something on Fortnite. What to do?"

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 12, 2019, 18:15 Mordhaus

This is kind of a captain obvious article.  

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Delayed
1. Re: Psychonauts 2 Delayed Jul 11, 2019, 12:12 Mordhaus

Double Fine delaying a game? Preposterous!  

News Comments > Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact
21. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 26, 2019, 14:22 Mordhaus

And let's all remember, the money that Epic is using to fund this expedition are from the vanity sales in a game mode they pretty much ripped off from pubg.

Fortnite was a struggling zombie survival game when PUBG was released "early access" in March 2017. PUBG quickly became the most popular PC game in the world and most popular game ever on Twitch at the time.

September 2017: Fortnite introduced a new game mode, Battle Royale, based on PUBG's format: 100 players, airship over the map, play zones that get smaller, crate drops, medkits and bandages, squad members getting "knocked out", etc.

Today: Tweets explaining how copying something is better for all of us...

News Comments > Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact
19. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 26, 2019, 14:15 Mordhaus

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 13:54:
grudgebearer wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 13:02:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 12:21:
I don't mind the color of the store where I buy my games.
Surprised that Blue hasn't added an Epic Employee" tag to your account yet.
har
dee
har
har

It would be funnier if it wasn't damn close to being true.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
1. Re: Sunday Interviews Jun 10, 2019, 03:15 Mordhaus

Almost every gaming company has to be salivating profusely over Stadia and it's competitors. For the same reason that they have been pushing downloading games vs buying the game on media.

You can't trade in a download. You might be able to do a limited share to a friend, but you don't actually own the game. You rented it like most online only games are 'purchased'.

No more gamestop, no more pawnshops or craigslist ads, gaming companies own your contact with the game. They have been doing their best to bring something like this about for YEARS. Like DLC that can only be ran on the original registered copy, not the resold one. Blocking online functions if you aren't the original tagged owner. Pushing to move games to the 'games as a service' model.

The first thing to remember is that if gaming news makes corporate suits super happy, it means that it most always is in their benefit vs yours. You are simply a sponge that they want to wring every drop from.

News Comments > Blizzard Cancels StarCraft FPS, Reportedly Working on Diablo IV and Overwatch II
8. Re: Blizzard Cancels StarCraft FPS, Reportedly Working on Diablo IV and Overwatch II Jun 6, 2019, 23:55 Mordhaus

Probably less chance to put in microtransactions when it would just be an FPS with some multiplayer.

Unfortunately, every game company now wants the multiplayer moba or fps with the capability to sell skins and other fluff.

256 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo