Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordhaus

Real Name Mordhaus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 11, 2012, 06:23
Total Comments 125 (Novice)
User ID 57294

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare Forums Closing
13. Re: BioWare Forums Closing Jul 30, 2016, 03:20 Mordhaus

I'm sure they just don't care to get slammed when people determine ME4 sucks worse than ME3. Plus, they will just offload the forum duties to EA's generic forums, which are moderated tightly to prevent any negative messages.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arthas Statue
7. Re: Arthas Statue Jul 20, 2016, 21:53 Mordhaus

Wonder what it drops?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
14. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Jul 16, 2016, 20:21 Mordhaus

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 16, 2016, 19:53:
...offering the chance to play Star Citizen for free and check out progress on the crowdfunded space game...

loooooooooooooooooool@progress

It's still a single star system and for every player a single instance with a 24 players max cap. The barebone and backbone of anything resembling a MMO is still missing after 4 years.

OK, they have finished a couple more ship JPEGs in the last few months but anything of actual substance is still a no-show.

What's also interesting is that CR has begun to openly talk about a "minimum viable product" instead of continuing to tout the "fideliteh", "immershun" and "never been done before" horn as he did the past four years.

They are also in the process of changing their video web shows including the cancellation of 10 for the Chairman.
So CR is pretty much removing himself from the forefront of the hype train and sneaking out the back door.

In fact, they are generally on the lowdown this year with no major "super-exciting" events, reveals or any of the other retarded shit they always did the previous years in spite of the fact that Squadron 42 should be very close to release by now (it still has not been officially delayed from its 2016 date).

Also, more key personnel departures lately (art director Mark Skelton)... if you ask me, something fishy is afoot and it is getting increasingly stinky.

It's almost like someone is preparing for a "here is a couple missions of Squadron 42 single player and as you all know we never promised more than that anyway... the MMO could not be done because of Derek Smart so you can thank him for that... oh and thanks for all the fish... laters gators!".

It will most likely end up like Freelancer. Roberts will sell what they have managed to complete to a larger studio and then ride off into the sunset for another couple of years, until he decides to make another movie or game. He is certainly a visionary, but without someone to check him, he simply can't set a finished idea and complete a project. When he was at Origin, he didn't have complete control.

When he and his brother formed Digital Anvil, the first game they made was co-developed with another studio, so he again did not have total control. Freelancer was totally in his control and after he couldn't deliver everything he promised, he sold it to Microsoft.

Freelancer was a decent game, but it was no where near the level he promised. I think whatever form SC ends up in will be decent, but it won't have most of the promised features. I suspect once he sells out, we will get a SP version with some MP functionality, but that MP will require dedicated servers and will likely only encompass a few systems until modders get involved. We will also likely see an FPS, but it will be separate and will not be part of the SP/MP game.

9. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Jul 16, 2016, 18:52 Mordhaus

Star Citizen - The Search For More Money  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trailer
22. Re: Battlefield 1 Trailer Jun 13, 2016, 06:06 Mordhaus

Tyrric wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 19:45:
Ant wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 19:07:
So, no PC port?

They have it up on the Origin store.

I'm definitely interested, but I hate the way EA has started forcing players to update their graphics drivers in order to play their games. I've been using one of nVidia's that came out over a year ago, it still works fine, and I don't see the need to update to a driver that has issues...

Yeah, I hear you. I would love to get the game but it's only on Origin for PC and EA has the new driver policy. Guess I'll have to give it a pass like ME4 unless they change something.

News Comments > Blood Kickstarter Possible
4. Re: Blood Kickstarter Possible Jun 6, 2016, 10:30 Mordhaus

Rather see a remake of Shogo Mobile Armored Division  

News Comments > Funcom Rebounds
6. Re: Funcom Rebounds May 26, 2016, 11:34 Mordhaus

A more realistic announcement would mention that The Park (set in the secret world) and the secret world itself are basically the only cash cow keeping Funcom afloat. At least until they alienate more players.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 2, 2016, 23:24 Mordhaus

Nothing is worth living in Utah, this coming from someone who lives in Texas.

Another Utah fun fact, BYU kicks out or hassles rape victims that report their rape.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 29, 2016, 20:12 Mordhaus

I just look at this as another hint of what type of things MS has planned once they get more people locked into Win10.

They say they will have an open platform and won't restrict software or games, but clearly they will at some point.

The point is that MS's entire plan for Win10 was to move PC users into the world of a locked down OS like iOS. The benefit to that is that you lower security issues and compatibility problems, but the drawback is that you cede total control to the company who makes the software. Once they have a userbase locked in, they can do almost anything they want.

I'll continue to stick with Win7 until I am forced to upgrade. Hopefully by that time, MS will have realized that they are not going to be able to get all PC users on Win10 until they remove restrictions/tracking or they will make Win10 Enterprise available for individual purchase (it allows full disabling of almost everything that makes Win10 undesirable)

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Week
48. Re: Star Citizen Free Week Apr 18, 2016, 19:55 Mordhaus

I won't go into another long diatribe. All I will say is this, RSI has repeatedly denied that they are in a financial crisis, now they have done little but release new purchasable ships (or made available again ones that were supposed to be limited edition) and have multiple free week trials.

This smacks of a company that is running out of funds, not even whales can keep defending RSI for much longer.

News Comments > Free Planetary Annihilation Keys
19. Re: Free Planetary Annihilation Keys Mar 16, 2016, 18:54 Mordhaus

The game is hot garbage, the company abandoned it to release titans, and they trot this deal out now and then so that people can pay the upgrade price for titans instead of the full one.  

News Comments > CryENGINE V Goes Pay What You Want
1. Re: CryENGINE V Goes Pay What You Want Mar 15, 2016, 21:00 Mordhaus

Awesome, I can't wait to see what some indie devs come up with.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $110M
8. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 11:15 Mordhaus

As many white collar criminals have shown, you can't rouse a government agency out of bed for less than a few hundred million.

Except for the IRS, those fuckers will hunt you down over a dime.

9. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 13, 2016, 15:32 Mordhaus

Roughly translated: We are running out of money again, time to con some more people into buying ship packages.  

News Comments > Fable Legends Cancelled; Lionhead May Close
22. Re: Fable Legends Cancelled; Lionhead May Close Mar 8, 2016, 04:21 Mordhaus

To be fair, it sounded like a bit of a shit game anyway. Four player co-op against a villain that acts like a DM to set up the encounter, with the only single player option meaning you are facing four AI's.

Add to that a F2P model that mixes cosmetics plus preset heroes, that rotate out of availability unless you purchase them, and it starts to sound even worse.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2016, 22:00 Mordhaus

What the author fails to realize is that once you have walled the garden, it makes it easier for the owner of the gate to tell you what can and can't be grown there.

Microsoft can take their console pc vision and shove it up a certain portion of their anatomy. I'll take my garden sans wall, even if it means I get some weeds or cross-pollination.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 6: Apex for Windows 10
28. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex for Windows 10 Mar 1, 2016, 19:50 Mordhaus

bbq4tw wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 10:44:
nin wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 10:29:
Mordhaus wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 10:28:
IE, Please install Win10, we'll give you a free game!

Exactly. No thanks!

I guess you can always play The Last of Us, Bloodborne, The Order: 1866, and Uncharted on your Windows 7 or Linux PC. Oh wait...

Or I could play them on my PS3/PS4.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 6: Apex for Windows 10
1. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex for Windows 10 Mar 1, 2016, 10:28 Mordhaus

IE, Please install Win10, we'll give you a free game!  

News Comments > Farming Simulator 17 Announced
13. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 17:51 Mordhaus

They should ban these games. We don't want terrorists playing them and learning how to farm.  

News Comments > Street Fighter V Released
8. Re: Street Fighter V Released Feb 16, 2016, 16:12 Mordhaus

As Balrog would say, "MY FIGHT MONEY!"  

125 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo