Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordhaus

Real Name Mordhaus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 11, 2012, 06:23
Total Comments 177 (Novice)
User ID 57294

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Crytek Suing Cloud Imperium
15. Re: Crytek Suing Cloud Imperium Dec 13, 2017, 22:26 Mordhaus

Iím Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite vaporware game on the Citadel.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > "One-Trick" Overwatch Player Bans?
10. Re: Nov 14, 2017, 06:16 Mordhaus

Yifes wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 20:58:
Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 20:50:
You bought this game with 60 dollars, but if you play a hero we don't want you to play, we'll ban you. Is that it? Who gives a shit which character the guy plays??

Teamwork is important and should be considered when making your hero selections

So if everybody wants you to play fucking Widowmaker, you better play Widowmaker? Even if you suck at it? Even if you only have fun playing Torbjorn? That's fucking bullshit.

Not like that at all. The people in question were essentially afking or trolling if someone else took their hero. Don't be a giant dick and you won't get banned for one-tricking.

Wrong. Fuey was banned because another player got upset that they lost to his team. On the next match, that player insta-locked fuey's normal character, all the while bad mouthing fuey. Fuey then swapped to his backup character and simply played as normal. Immediately after that match, he was banned.

Blizzard has multiple threads open with around 5-6 thousand replies asking them to clarify their vague comments about the ban. Fuey has asked for clarification and had his thread locked, simply told they will discuss it with him via email.

Blizzard has, in it's own report system, the comment that you cannot be banned simply for picking the character you want to play. Yet their comments and actions have left a huge gray area as to whether this is true. So far, they refuse to come out with a clear statement.

That is the problem.

News Comments > EA to Acquire Respawn
11. Re: EA to Acquire Respawn Nov 9, 2017, 20:34 Mordhaus

You almost have to wonder at this point if sometimes EA, as a publisher, creatively allows games they consider to be creative to tank so that they can buy the studio making them once it gets into money troubles.  

News Comments > Newegg in Hot Water
21. Re: Newegg Accused of Ponzi Scheme Oct 24, 2017, 14:59 Mordhaus

Based on the timeline outlined in the article, this would have had to go down prior to the sale of Newegg. The article states that it has been 2 years since they convicted the Korean side people and are just now getting around to Newegg.

If that is correct, it makes me wonder if the previous owners just decided to get as much money as they could prior to SHTF. Do the fraud, sell the company, and head to a non-extradition nation to drink Pina Coladas.

I have to wonder why the banks didn't catch this. I mean if I go to a bank and say, "Hey, I am going to be building and selling a bunch of basic computers, I already have a buyer, and each computer is selling for 20 thousand so I need some capital to get them built", what idiotic bank employee would give away millions without challenging that cost?

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Selling 4M "Wasn't Enough"
27. Re: Dead Space 2 Selling 4M Oct 18, 2017, 20:00 Mordhaus

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 13:00:
Slightly offtopic: Bioware is no longer the old school Bioware obviously, but they'll probably make a metric shitload of money on Anthem, they aren't going anywhere.

They aren't even Bioware anymore. An online only multiplayer shooter? What version of Bioware would have ever sunk that low to release an online only game without solo player story and content? The saddest thing would be if it did succeed, because then all Bioware will be is the name attached to the endless series of sequels, like DICE and whichever 'new' Battlefield rehash they have out this quarter.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Oct 2, 2017, 23:31 Mordhaus

Hoop wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 19:27:
Ignore all the recommended individual links to his later career stuff & just download his 1979 album "Damn the torpedoes", the whole album.
Play it loud from start to finish.
It is a bonafide classic.
A fully realised masterpiece.
If you're between the ages of 14 & 24 & never heard of it before, you're welcome.

I would say Full Moon Fever is better overall.

News Comments > Star Citizen 3.0 "Akin to Early Access"
34. Re: Star Citizen 3.0 Sep 11, 2017, 23:19 Mordhaus

Kxmode wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 18:35:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 11:16:
SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 10:46:
I've lost interest in this MMO a long time ago. Hopefully the single player game won't get cancelled

I just got this feeling it'll be worse than Elite Dangerous...

Or Mass Effect Andromeda

That would take a lot of doing.

News Comments > Star Citizen 3.0 "Akin to Early Access"
21. Re: Star Citizen 3.0 Sep 11, 2017, 17:21 Mordhaus

The saddest thing is that even if they manage to finish this at some point, it is never going to live up to the hype and amount of time spent making it. Even if it is a decent game, people will always point to it and say it is the "Waterworld" or "John Carter (of Mars)" of video games.

Additionally, whenever the term feature creep is ever defined again, it will have a footnote saying: See Star Citizen.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends
20. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 17:32 Mordhaus

ME3 - People aren't happy with the ending. Let's release a ton of DLC and even modify the ending in the hopes people will forgive us.

ME:A - Go fuck yourselves. Sincerely, EA/bioware(for now)

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed
16. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Jul 31, 2017, 22:43 Mordhaus

Avus wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 21:55:
Just wondering.. how many version of Alpha until Beta??

I think 10....thousand

News Comments > DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend
6. Re: DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend Jul 19, 2017, 20:16 Mordhaus

"Big MP improvements" because the lack of ANY anti-cheat software means that cheating was rampant and people just simply gave up. Checked new patch notes...no anti-cheat still.

No single-player dlc.

Nope, not bothering to reload the game.

News Comments > New Mass Effect: Andromeda Difficulty Level Teased
4. Re: New Mass Effect: Andromeda Difficulty Level Teased Jul 5, 2017, 10:50 Mordhaus

There is a new Mass Effect game out? When did this happen? /s  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC and Sequel in Doubt?
11. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC and Sequel in Doubt? Jun 30, 2017, 22:59 Mordhaus

Bioware has been dead for a while. They used to make new, interesting content, but as part of EA they are expected to make sequels. If a sequel fails to perform, it is killed. EA destroys gaming companies and creativity. I expect we will get a 'reboot' of ME in multiplayer only sometime later on, after EA feels people have forgotten about Andromeda.  

News Comments > Secret World Legends Launched
15. Re: Secret World Legends Launched Jun 27, 2017, 00:09 Mordhaus

Dump all the unfinished ingredients for a 3 course meal into a bag, shake it up, open it and eat it. You have just figuratively moved from playing The Secret World to playing Secret World Legends. It is the same story, repackaged into a solo to small group format.  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale May 15, 2017, 01:40 Mordhaus

First ME so terrible that they give it a 1/3 discount while it is still just under 2 mos old. Seriously, this is a huge discount on a AAA title that has a built in fandom within that time period.

Way to F Up Mass Effect again, EA!

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 21, 2017, 04:41 Mordhaus

I would caught a whuppin'.

News Comments > Mad Catz Closed
25. Re: Mad Catz Closed Apr 1, 2017, 11:59 Mordhaus

Xero wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 21:10:
Good. I still remember buying my second N64 controller from them and the damn thing got jammed in the system. The stupid hook up end of the wire to the system broke off inside the system and I had to mail my N64 back to Nintendo for repair, rofl. Madcatz didn't do shit about it. Assholes.

You know what it was like for a hyper active 14 year old who lives off a console to not have it for almost a month? Rough.

As a former hyperactive 14 year old myself, I can say you simply play with your other joystick more until your console comes back.

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
22. Re: StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free Mar 27, 2017, 04:47 Mordhaus

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 22:03:
Mordhaus wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 16:56:
The Blizzard I remember wouldn't re-release a game, they had standards.
Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I wonder if Pepperidge Farm remembers when Bioware used to make good games?

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
10. Re: StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free Mar 26, 2017, 16:56 Mordhaus

The Blizzard I remember wouldn't re-release a game, they had standards.  

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
44. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 22:57 Mordhaus

Does anyone get the feeling Slick doesn't like Steam?  

177 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo