Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Fly

Real Name Fly   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description Total vidiot since 1979
Homepage None given.
Signed On December 18, 2011
Supporter -
Total Comments 50 (Suspect)
User ID 57270

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > DayZ Modification for Arma II

8. Re: DayZ Modification for Arma II May 16, 2012, 11:07 Fly

An amazing game and it's only in Alpha.
The first time you experience the pitch black darkness of night alone in a wilderness with nothing more than a few flares, gun with limited ammo, and a few cans of baked beans your perception of what a video game is will be changed forever. Or first time you try to call out (in chat) "Is there anybody there? Can you hear my gunfire?" or "who's there? I hear gunshots". DayZ is an experience you will never forget. A true zombie apocalypse mmo with real RPG elements.
There's aren't NPC's to talk to for mounts and special spells. This is a real game with real people. A real game about survival. The object of the game is to survive in a huge world as long as you can. You can hunt (with the proper tools), form teams, raid bases or towns with your team if you found people worthy and honest enough. You have to survive. Being ever watchful of not only zombie threat, but the "Bandits" as well. Players who would rather kill you and take your gear, than try to communicate or fight against the zombie threat. They may reason with you, but it's up to them or you. Most of the time they kill you.
There can be upwards of 1000 zombies scattered across the world. They don't respawn until the server resets. During that time, it's a persistent world. If you die that's it, your body or those you kill stay on the ground for zombie food or maybe a potential find for you if they had gear in their backpacks. If you die you start over in a different spawn location with the gear you found gone forever unless you or your team has a storage somewhere.
From farmlands, to powerless and broken cities, you walk or run for literally miles and miles. You may find a helicopter or vehicle that needs parts. Of course, you'll need fuel for vehicles to operate. Even a toolbox, tires, or a windshield.
I found some matches to build a campfire and a tent. I need to make my way back up to the mountains. First I have to fill my canteen. I walked for about a mile back to a water pump I found. There's animals there I remember. I need to use my hunting knife I found to skin them and make some steaks. Thought I heard a chopper in the distance but maybe it was the waves of the ocean or wind in the trees messing with my mind. While this game is certainly not for everyone, it's what a zombie game should be. This game will get mod of the year and I would even go so far as to say, game of the year. And this only the beginning.

Here's an updated map of the world by "Bester[Rus].
http://rien-ici.com/dayzmap.jpg

Good luck.

This comment was edited on May 16, 2012, 11:21.

"This is more than anyone can bear, but we will persevere." -Vort
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation

14. Re: Morning Consolidation May 2, 2012, 16:42 Fly

"Microsoft secures patent for wearable controller."

This already was done a long time ago..and what a cool time it was. You know you wanted one of these..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93iDhnBcMGo

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 1, 2012, 12:03 Fly

(In the voice of Watto from Star Wars, Episode 1)

I have two chicken hearts, a beef liver, and some sheep brains. How mucha you give? I shipa by train from de old country. Expecta the shipment in about 4-5 month ehh?..

That story is one of the most frightening things I have ever read. On one hand, Hospitals and Doctors don't need Facebook to interfere with their patients and families. But on the other hand, and behind closed doors, doctor's and medical centers are going to be VERY upset by this. They won't be able to continually milk insurance companies and families of those that need organs. Things will happen a lot faster.

Imagine what it might eventually to for the entire medical industry. It could actually lower costs. Zuckerberg is one smart cookie for having the guts to approve the idea. Like it or not. The action will probably earn him a Nobel Peace prize.

News Comments > Questionable Kickstart Cancelled

10. Re: Questionable Kickstart Cancelled May 1, 2012, 11:18 Fly

If this whole KS story turns out to be a scam, the person who showed his face is gonna to be in some deep trouble. It's called fraud or attempted fraud. On that note, I hope Kickstarter can detect and ban out of country IP addresses.

You can spends hours clicking around KS and tell which start-ups are a bunch of bullsh!t or ones out to make a quick buck. Even the ones that were "funded". People just love to throw their money away. Like this one that (in my opinion) is basically is a rip-off of Hasbro's game "Jenga". The user even says it's like Jenga in the description.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1868564898/tumblewood-game?ref=category

The more this whole Kickstarter thing goes on, the more and more scams and plain junk you will see on it. Right now KS isn't worried about it because they are making money and still gaining popularity.
Rest assured, watch for some significant changes to Kickstarter in the near future.

News Comments > Silent Hunter Online Announced

22. Re: Silent Hunter Online Announced Apr 26, 2012, 20:19 Fly

Of all the years and countless hours of playing the Silent Hunter series, I still cannot believe this sh@t. This isn't acceptable Ubisoft! All the hours us, your loyal fans, Captains all over the world have played Silent Hunter. And this is how they thank us? Giving us a Flash Game sequel MMO free to play whatever the f^#& you want to call it. No!
I play Silent Hunter 3, 4, and 5. So many times I've logged in and pressed the "Multiplayer" button and hoped for a second that maybe, maybe someone out there would be online to play along. But no. So I went alone into the great blue yonder, just me and my crew. My own Wolfpack. I always thought, well maybe there would be another sequel and they will promote it more and then more people would play. I kept hope alive and my crew did too.
Through the storms and trials of the great sea we battled. Sometimes until the early dawn hours. So many mods the fans have created and we the players downloaded. Reading through forums over at Subsim for so many years. When it was snowing, too hot or too cold to go outside, our wives and girlfriends in their moods, no other game could take us to another time like the Silent Hunter series. The cold dark waves of the sea calling to us like a distant memory. We ventured forth in our iron and steel machines to quell the uprising of the enemies and turn the tides of war.
So many nights we could have gone out and enjoyed life's pleasures. But no, we chose to play one of the few games in which we, your fans, your Captains, were in control. There was nothing really like it out there. Your own submarine, missions to accomplish, thousands of miles to explore. The great unknown over the horizon. The seagulls which kept us company out there in the darkness. What lay ahead for my crew. The battles to fight in the seas of Midway. Silent Hunter 5 was a hope, a dream that maybe the series had a new vision.
Sure there were some bugs and sometimes the eyeballs my crew were missing, or a ship did cartwheels and shot up into the sky after if was destroyed. That was the beauty of the game. The series was going in the right direction. More user control, more detailed and expansive environments. Awesome graphics and sounds. We, the fans kept hope alive.
But no, you come up with this bullsh!t "news" and expect us to accept it. This is how I feel about the situation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPRdj1Ce4ao Wall

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 2012, 20:27.

News Comments > Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer

4. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 13:28 Fly

This is getting old real quick. Where's Battlefield: 2143 when you need it.  

News Comments > Silent Hunter Online Announced

10. Re: Silent Hunter Online Announced Apr 26, 2012, 13:11 Fly

This has to be a joke. I'm trying to wipe this yellow text on my screen. Something about the next Silent Hunter being in Adobe Flash. Trying to rub my eyes here. It's not going away. WTF! NOOOooo!!!
Ubisoft you b@stards!

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Events

25. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 05:45 Fly

Detailed graphics, sounds, and game play. Huge levels, dungeons, and interesting characters. Tons of item drops. Multiplayer was, and here's the important word, fun. I liked the Beta. Just wish the experience was longer. Can't wait to play the rest of the game. I hope there is an option to change the music of the starting zone to the Diablo 2 stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxg5W5wKvLE Guitarist

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Server Patch

2. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 21, 2012, 18:56 Fly

Well at least they fixed the 1 hit TV Missile bullsh@t. Whoever thought that the TV Missile should do 1 hit kills, let alone be passed through the testing phase in that status, should pack their bags. It really affected the fun and kick ass value of the game.
I didn't like how they nerfed the vehicle and air vehicle kill-cams either. Those were part of an element that made the game fun. You could kick ass and go down in a blaze of glory. I averaged a lot of hours playing BF3 before the last patch. Now, I'm back to playing Bad Company 2 and the Vietnam expansion. Great stuff and a lot funner to play.

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Demo

2. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Demo Apr 19, 2012, 21:58 Fly

Great demo. Although a bit short, this one's going on my must buy list. Wish the environments were a bit more destruct-able. But hey, there's nothing like sniping a Nazi's nuts off from 100 yards away. Fun times.  

50 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >