Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Korrd

Real Name Korrd   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Korrd
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 3, 2011, 00:07
Total Comments 20 (Suspect)
User ID 57257

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.

1. Re: etc. Aug 7, 2019, 16:48 Korrd

If you played this or similar games on NES--or you just enjoy platformers--I absolutely recommend picking it up, especially since it's under $4 until tomorrow. I'm really quite pissed it's getting pulled. If you could still store gift copies in Steam inventory I'd happily stockpile a bunch.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2019, 09:40 Korrd

All they have to do is prove the battery was indeed defective and not in an entirely reasonable damaged state after a collision with a concrete wall at 116mph. Should be easy enough.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2019, 10:00.

News Comments > Star Control: Origins Available Again

33. Re: Re: Star Control: Origins Available Again Jan 4, 2019, 11:25 Korrd

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 3, 2019, 09:07:
However, they're being dicks at this point. If the rights are truly that convoluted and murky at this point, there is nothing stopping them from rebranding the SC universe as, say, "The Ur-Quan Chronicles" and shipping their own game under that rebrand. [...] There is little to be gained from continuing this pissing contest save for casting both parties in a negative light which is poisonous to the product itself.
Except that's not how law works. Murky legal status doesn't mean you can do whatever the hell you want. You can't just make a product using IP when ownership of that IP is in question, unless you're looking forward to forfeiting everything you earn from that product and incurring legal costs from getting your ass sued. So no, it's not merely a pissing contest. Reiche and Ford aren't just being dicks; they need legal judgment over ownership of the IP if they want to use it in a new game.

There also remain questions over whether the Star Control trademark has expired and alleged infringing similarities in Origins with copyrighted material from previous SC games. It's correct to want those questions answered. In fact, the former should have been addressed prior to the game's release, which is why Reiche and Ford issued a DMCA challenge; now the court must make a determination before allowing the game returned to storefronts. Stardock chose to proceed knowing full well that the trademark was in question, so the pity party they're trying to sell now is entirely their own fault. If there's any question about it, why wait until all that development and marketing money is spent before making sure?

And if anyone is being a dick, it's Brad Wardell and/or Stardock; after asking for license to use Reiche and Ford's IP--which Wardell even admitted belongs to them--and being denied, he threatened litigation and has tried to register trademarks for IP that quite likely doesn't belong to him. That's objectively dickish.

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds Investor; Squadron 42 Beta in 2020

36. Re: Star Citizen Adds Investor; Squadron 42 Beta in 2020 Dec 21, 2018, 20:27 Korrd

Totes. Just want to see accurate numbers is all. Lies do not become us.  

34. Re: Star Citizen Adds Investor; Squadron 42 Beta in 2020 Dec 21, 2018, 16:51 Korrd

Jivaro wrote on Dec 21, 2018, 16:46:
I never thought I would see a game in active development for so long that it would make the Duke Nukem Forever debacle look brief.
14 years versus 8, my dude. #math

33. Re: Star Citizen Adds Investor; Squadron 42 Beta in 2020 Dec 21, 2018, 16:47 Korrd

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 21, 2018, 14:24:
So not the dotards charity.
The dotard's "charity" is being dissolved anyway. But yes, to avoid anything similar. Wink

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2018, 17:49.

30. Re: Star Citizen Adds Investor; Squadron 42 Beta in 2020 Dec 21, 2018, 13:58 Korrd

I was thinking more like $100 to the winner's charity of choice, preferably chosen from charitynavigator.org or similar with a 90+ rating.  

25. Re: Star Citizen Adds Investor; Squadron 42 Beta in 2020 Dec 21, 2018, 08:30 Korrd

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 21, 2018, 03:34:
I would bet real money that they are going to use a considerable part of that money to port the game to consoles.

I'll take that bet. How much?

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil 2 Videos

2. Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 Videos Dec 10, 2018, 21:27 Korrd

Yeeaah... I feel like I might be more into this if it were a new IP. I only watched the gameplay highlight, but I didn't get any kind of BG&E vibe from it. I keep looking for signs of familiarity but never see them.

If nothing else, it makes me want to replay the original to see how accurately I remember it. It's been quite a few years.

News Comments > Sunday Patches

8. Re: Sunday Patches Jul 2, 2018, 18:36 Korrd

Kosumo wrote on Jul 2, 2018, 00:48:
Lying Chris Roberts poos out another drop of shit then asks for more money.
Are you intentionally mimicking Trump or do the similarities merely come with the territory?

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video

25. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video Jun 29, 2018, 21:26 Korrd

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 16:28:
Korrd wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 15:23:
VaranDragon wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 13:44:
I'd be willing to lay down some serious money that it wont ever see the light of day.
How much, exactly, is "serious money"?

You know of a place/bookie that will take that bet?
Do we need one? How much?

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video

13. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video Jun 29, 2018, 15:23 Korrd

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 13:44:
I'd be willing to lay down some serious money that it wont ever see the light of day.
How much, exactly, is "serious money"?

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil 2 Trailers

4. Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 Trailers Jun 12, 2017, 22:25 Korrd

MacLeod wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 21:33:
...to something I have absolutely no interest in.
Nailed it. I mean, people remained passionate about BGE for 14 years and clung to the hope of continuing the story with the characters they loved, only to be met with a game that doesn't seem to directly involve those characters? Prequels can be neat and all, but I'd rather they revive the IP with a direct sequel first. Let us revisit the characters we've been pining for before you take us off in another direction.

As I understand it's meant to be a trilogy, so maybe they're doing the prequel and then a continuation of the original story? Seems backward to me, but perhaps they'll ultimately deliver. Still, for now I'm sorely disappointed.

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up

31. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up Dec 26, 2016, 00:43 Korrd

Slick wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 20:59:
Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 20:57:
Korrd wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 20:45:

Depends on the project, but as noted in the text this isn't really an engine switch.

ok... what is it then, "really"?

jesus christ

Quite, but to answer the question in earnest (because apparently it's challenging to read the content before commenting?): it is switching to another branch of Cryengine. It's pretty much like when a new version of the engine you're using is released and you update to that, except in this case it's from a different provider.

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up

21. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up Dec 25, 2016, 20:45 Korrd

[VG]Reagle wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 20:09:
Worship I TIRED TO WARN YOU BUT YOU WOULDNT LISTNE AHAHAHAHA OWNWNNNWNWNWNWNEEDDDD. Chris has taken your money AND used you over. I HOPE you ALL have leaned an improtant lesson. SO SPEUCIAL.

I don't understand how you get from A to B here. [Story about minor detail and two-day investment of developer time] = "I TIRED TO WARN YOU BUT YOU WOULDNT LISTNE" I mean... did you read the content in question? Did you understand it? Granted, your post history suggests I may be holding you to impossible standards, but you could at least try to be topical.

At any rate, this is kind of a win-win, no brainer development. The news that it took such minimal effort to implement makes it even more so. Still, for all the progress that's been made thus far (and it is substantial), I really hope we start seeing some major content drops and polishing of game systems.

Ludomancer wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 20:37:
Isn't the "Engine-Switch" the death-knell for any game project?

Depends on the project, but as noted in the text this isn't really an engine switch.

News Comments > Asheron's Call Games Ending

7. Re: Asheron's Call Games Ending Dec 20, 2016, 22:27 Korrd

To this day I'll still talk people's ears off about AC's magic system. I remember the hours I spent in magic shops, combining reagents in different ways, trying to figure out the right combination for a new spell. What a fucking joy it was. I heard they replaced that years ago with the usual NPC trainers that teach spells with a click of your mouse, but man, figuring it out for yourself was so much fun.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week

14. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 14, 2016, 01:29 Korrd

Alamar wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 00:36:
I'm interested in No Man's Sky, but I'm waiting to see if it has any game before jumping on board...
So what you're saying is... you won't make the decision to celebrate or condemn the game until after it's released in a completed form? I'm not sure I can get on board with that. And I know I'm not the only who'll have a problem with it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed

89. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 12, 2015, 00:35 Korrd

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 00:09:
It's a little different here though because Christ Roberts has kept and keeps on touting the "OMG we're so transparent and everything is open development it's never been done before this open" horn.
I'm pretty sure that open development refers to game development, not developments or insights into his and others' personal lives. I can't tell if you're being purposely obtuse or if you're actually that confused.

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 00:09:
There is a reason why people who have followed the project closely [...] keeping his marital status a secret does not exactly help (re-)build trust.
People who have been following closely knew they were married. It wasn't a secret, it just wasn't really talked about because it's their personal lives and has nothing to do with game development and who the fuck cares anyway? I don't get why people think it was deceptive or dishonest. It had nothing to do with the game, so why should they have been talking about it? What effect do you feel their marital status had on game development?

I do wish they'd pointed it out every chance they got, but only so we wouldn't have to deal with this stupidity now.

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit

148. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 18:18 Korrd

Comet wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 17:07:
What the hell?
Objectivity and rationality in a Star Citizen thread are unrealistic expectations. It is like politics in that regard: misdirection, FUD, unfounded accusations, outright falsehoods, and blatantly biased opinions being paraded as fact are par for the course. One does not read comments in an SC thread expecting reasoned discourse; it's a toxic echo chamber for the perpetually outraged.

News Comments > Notch Passes the Minecraft Torch

22. Re: Notch Passes the Minecraft Torch Dec 2, 2011, 19:15 Korrd

Donkey_Punch wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 17:55:
They announced they would do this before Minecon and then promptly broke that promise with every single Beta release.
As a developer, Mojang is incredibly disorganized. Better not take an inventory of promises or plans made and then forgotten about/broken/poorly implemented; it's a depressing list. Maybe Jens will fare better at the helm, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

20 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >