Descending
Limit Results:

6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Microtransactions End
May 10, 2018, 12:43
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Microtransactions End May 10, 2018, 12:43
May 10, 2018, 12:43

I have 67 hours into it, and just stopped playing when I got started through the shadow wars. So after not playing it for 6 months, I decided to start over so I can refamiliarize. That was a decision not taken lightly, because for some unknown reason, the game has only one save game slot. Restarting means losing almost everything, even items in the market that you actually bought. The only things that stay with you in the new game are unopened chests, unused gold, and unused training orders. Fortunately, I didn't spend a dime in real money, so there's nothing I really lost that will not be replaced. Unfortunately, I didn't follow a tip that I discovered a bit too late, which is to break down ALL of your equipment down to mithril and then use that to buy silver chests which would carry over.

I am still disappointed that even after several patches and 7 months after release, there still isn't multiple save slots, and there's no new game+. It is a recurring request in the discord channel, reddit, and the official forums, so monolith is definitely aware that is what people want.

Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Video
Sep 19, 2017, 14:42
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Video Sep 19, 2017, 14:42
Sep 19, 2017, 14:42

I've already bought this through Bundle Stars for $42. The original is one of my favorite all time games, and after watching several hours of gameplay videos from developers and streamers, the game looks pretty solid. I really look forward to it and wish that it was released already.

As far as the loot box controversy, I actually don't mind them, as long as there are not any items that are exclusive to the paid loot boxes, or that there is a reasonable chance that the in game currency will grant you the same bonuses. From what I have read, the paid loot boxes will only allow you to "cheat" ahead for really impatient people by providing XP, unique Orcs, and items for a real world price, ahead of being able to get the same things using the in game currency, which is obtained by doing...imagine this.....playing the game. I don't mind because I already imagine that I will be investing probably a couple hundred hours into this game anyway. If this was a multiplayer game, then the paid loot box would be horrible. But as this is a single player game, it's not a biggie, at least to me.

Re: No Man's Sky Patch Plans
Aug 10, 2017, 13:41
Re: No Man's Sky Patch Plans Aug 10, 2017, 13:41
Aug 10, 2017, 13:41

Kxmode wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 13:09:
mustang05tim wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 17:30:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 17:16:
I feel that's the same situation Chris Roberts finds himself in. The hype surrounding Star Citizen and SQ42 is so high that there's no way it can be anything but a failure and (or) a big disappointment at launch.

That's why the best games are the ones that get developed in secrecy until about 3 months before launch so they can build up the hype train. Unfortunately, only the really well financed studios can pull that off.

I would consider $156 million a "really well-financed studio".

Actually, they weren't financed at all until their crowdfunding. But in order to get the crowdfunding, they had to release details of the game. Hence, my point still stands.

Aug 9, 2017, 17:30
Re: No Man's Sky Patch Plans Aug 9, 2017, 17:30
Aug 9, 2017, 17:30

Kxmode wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 17:16:
I feel that's the same situation Chris Roberts finds himself in. The hype surrounding Star Citizen and SQ42 is so high that there's no way it can be anything but a failure and (or) a big disappointment at launch.

That's why the best games are the ones that get developed in secrecy until about 3 months before launch so they can build up the hype train. Unfortunately, only the really well financed studios can pull that off.

Aug 9, 2017, 15:53
Re: No Man's Sky Patch Plans Aug 9, 2017, 15:53
Aug 9, 2017, 15:53

ChopperDan wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 13:49:

So nice of them to fix the broken game for Free, and make sure they point out that it's FREE every chance they get.
What a great deal!

If they didn't do that, then there would be so much negative press on it that they might not ever recover.

Re: Mythos Global Closed Beta Next Week
Nov 22, 2011, 18:00
Re: Mythos Global Closed Beta Next Week Nov 22, 2011, 18:00
Nov 22, 2011, 18:00

Yes, that is sad. I remember back when Mythos actually worked and was a great game already (even though it was in closed Beta). Don't really know how the company that effectively stole it could take a great framework and really destroy it like they did. I tried playing the Mythos Europe game once, and it was an incredibly horrible mess that crashed all the time. I am sure that Mythos Global won't be much better. I'm sure that Travis Baldree has a good laugh when he sees Hanbitsoft fail miserably like they have been doing.
6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older