Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Phasenoise

Real Name Phasenoise   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Phasenoise
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 8, 2011, 00:48
Total Comments 208 (Novice)
User ID 57213

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
15. Re: Game Reviews May 24, 2017, 19:33 Phasenoise

I don't understand the angst over the title.

Change your desktop shortcut to say StationShock. Enjoy StationShock, this fun new game which accidentally put the word Prey on the loading screen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews May 24, 2017, 14:14 Phasenoise

It runs well, has a really cool feel and above average sort of story, and is more fun than the overwhelming majority of games currently out there. I'd consider that much higher than a "5", but no, not a perfect 10 either.

I've had a lot of fun with it, and am nearing the end of a second playthrough. The first run was as a Pure Strain Human, this one is a Full Alien Mess. Both are fun, and have very different difficulty / time curves.

To each their own!

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization May 20, 2017, 17:01 Phasenoise

Exactly. This is strange. Someone put another brand's batteries in a device and they exploded.

Okay... ?

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. May 20, 2017, 17:00 Phasenoise

VaranDragon wrote on May 20, 2017, 11:44:
The people who care so much about the characters of Overwatch, as in pathologicaly OCD over those characters, have a fucking disease. Get a fucking life is a lame and overused idiom, but GET A FUCKING LIFE YOU FUCKING LOSERS!

It's even dumber than that. The character IS half American native. People with strange agendas leaped to conclusions because her mom is Egyptian and she's in the Egyptian military. Thus having any skins which are American native in origin are some sort of slight or my new pet peeve "cultural appropriation"

Or, she's more like Dad than Mom sometimes, dipshits.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 20, 2017, 14:29 Phasenoise

Not sure I trust opera anymore since it was sold off, but I do like Vivaldi.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 18, 2017, 20:21 Phasenoise

I feel this is a good time for a "You had ONE job..." meme picture.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 16, 2017, 21:34 Phasenoise

"You're so vain... you probably think this song is about you"  

News Comments > How Does Prey Run?
8. Re: How Does Prey Run? May 6, 2017, 18:51 Phasenoise

Slick wrote on May 5, 2017, 13:36:
The unskippable movies when you launch the game include one for AMD, but it's AMD RYZEN branded, which is new. Nothing to show a preference to their GPUS. Although the game doesn't seem to be very CPU-dependent from what I can tell, and If I remember correctly, the CryEngine sucks for multithreaded support

God dammit publishers - include a skip intro movies option. Seriously. This is stupid.
Now, that said, you can go into the videos folder and delete them to soothe your sanity.

The game runs smoothly, period. I haven't looked to see how heavily it loads cores, because it's running at max refresh rate on my old crusty ivy bridge CPU. So if it isn't using all cores, evidence indicates it doesn't need to.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 2, 2017, 08:56 Phasenoise

I don't view killing the VIP as trolling or ruining anything. It's a totally legit outcome to their story based upon their design.

That said -

But I'm in the same boat with games these days. I just don't have an interest in online experiences which are basically grief simulators. If others are into it - cool. I'm just going to do other stuff.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Apr 27, 2017, 20:53 Phasenoise

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 20:22:
I just want her to go away.

If we all just ignore her, she will. But if people flame, rant, argue, and sometimes threaten, she becomes validated, and will live on.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII In November
12. Re: Call of Duty: World War II Announcement Apr 26, 2017, 15:51 Phasenoise

Even though it has been done to death, I still like WW2 the best from many angles.

I can't help but imagine my grandfather, some poor farm kid, thrown into a meatgrinder. Given the odds in some of those battles, it's incredible I exist today.
Luckily for me, he was one seriously tough farm kid who ended up highly decorated (and perforated), but got to go home to his wife at the end.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Crusade First Turn
6. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Crusade First Turn Apr 25, 2017, 09:38 Phasenoise

MT Silver wrote on Apr 25, 2017, 08:51:
So what's new in this expansion? He never mentions any new features in that blogpost.

What, hearing it is insane doesn't give you enough information? Are you not tempted by the madness?

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Crusade First Turn
1. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Crusade First Turn Apr 24, 2017, 19:46 Phasenoise

Reads a little too much like the auto dealer radio ads which indicate the manager left town and they've gone crazy with deals deals DEALS!
Would a sane dealership do this, NO SIR.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 20, 2017, 19:21 Phasenoise

Nothing says fun quite like grueling.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week
7. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 4, 2017, 19:41 Phasenoise

I propose two small changes.

1. Stop putting the camera below characters faces. This is wildly jarring for people used to TV/Movies where the perspective is generally from eye level to slightly above eye level. Insisting we should see up Ryder's nostril is very odd, and its basically the default.
2. Stop having characters stare a foot above the person with whom they converse. Not only does this just look odd by itself, but it lends itself to that weird craned neck look characters often have in the spoof reels.

Those two things would help a metric ton.

The game itself is actually pretty fun, and the graphics are often incredible. The texturing is very good. Interestingly enough, they freaking NAILED the meshes, textures, and speaking animations of Krogans. Humans/Asari, not so much.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 20, 2017, 09:27 Phasenoise

Coach seating is inhumane if you are over 5'10". Your knees will be crammed into the seat in front of you, god forbid they try to recline - you'll die.

I get they are saving costs, and I'm sympathetic. I'd even pay for a little more room. Sadly the gulf from "sardines" to business or first class is HUGE in cost. I'd like some Coach Plus where they can still treat you like shit but you get two more inches of space.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer
33. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 11:53 Phasenoise

Boots and Blood by FFDP would have been a lot better.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
6. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 4, 2017, 16:20 Phasenoise

There is no way a bios update is going to improve performance by 25%. Please don't believe that.  

News Comments > Hello Games New Project Plans
18. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 14:19 Phasenoise

So who's going to preorder?!  

News Comments > Dawn of War III Beta Survey
7. Re: Dawn of War III Beta Survey Feb 26, 2017, 20:26 Phasenoise

It's FINE that nobody would be playing DoW2 anymore. The fact that 2% keep playing this odd grindy crappy offshoot is the anomaly, not the actual market to chase.

I'm fine with them leaving that out and making the actual RTS game itself better.

208 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo