Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Saboth

Real Name Saboth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 3, 2011, 00:22
Total Comments 629 (Apprentice)
User ID 57205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Snowday Early Access
3. Re: Snowday Early Access Dec 2, 2016, 19:13 Saboth

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 11:14:
Doh, my dickslexia read that as Snowden.

Heh same. Every time I see the title.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 1, 2016, 21:26 Saboth

I think I got an emergency message the other day. "Trump elected president."  

News Comments > The Dwarves Released
4. Re: The Dwarves Released Dec 1, 2016, 21:23 Saboth

Prez wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 19:25:
I've liked Blind Guardian for years! This is a really cool collaboration. Don't know anything about the game but this got my attention.

Ever played Sacred 2? Blind Guardian is actually in the game and they do a concert in the game. It was one of the most unexpected things I'd ever seen in a game, and I got a huge kick out of it.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 30, 2016, 20:51 Saboth

I'm guessing Trump's incoming teams take us all for the fools that voted him into office. Lady, there were instances of ISPs slowing service from some companies before Net Neutrality. They were all obviously heading that direction. Deregulating these monopolies is good for only the ISPs and bad for customers and thousands of businesses and workers. For the greater good of the country, Title II is needed. It's going to stifle innovation and competition if only giant corporations are able to pay extortionist fees so Comcast or AT&T don't slow their traffic, while small startups can't afford to pay the extortion.

Also, regarding the new rule that allows the government to hack citizens: "The rule also gives federal judges the authority to issue a warrant to search multiple computers—even without knowing who is the targeted computer owner". Yeah, I think there was something in the Constitution about probable cause, but I guess we don't need that old scrap of paper these days anyhow. Just give up all rights and privacy to protect us from the scary terrorists and pedophiles.

News Comments > Black Friday Safety Dance
32. Re: Black Friday Safety Dance Nov 26, 2016, 16:49 Saboth

Creston wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 11:42:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 20:57:
The state of Pennsylvania admitted their proposed voter id law would disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of legitimate voters. Not surprisingly, a majority of those voters were minority voters.

This isn't meant to be snarky, so don't take it that way. The voted ID law would require you to provide a government-supplied (or sanctioned) ID before you could vote, right? So how could that disenfranchise so many legitimate voters?

In many states, they cut down on the types of IDs that are acceptable. No more student IDs, which have been acceptable for decades. No more utility bills, etc. Many poor people don't have driver's licenses or cars. For some IDs (such as birth certificates), you might have to drive hours away and pay large fees to obtain that ID. For many people limited to public transport or home bound (like the elderly or very poor), getting an acceptable ID is difficult. Especially since many of these laws were implemented in such a short period before the elections.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2016, 12:43 Saboth

Fortunately, I think "mandatory arbitration" is on the hit list of many Democrats and even some Republicans. Forcing Americans to take their legal issues to a private company that rules in favor of corporations 95% of the time is plain wrong. People should be able to bring their safety issues, fraud issues, etc. before our court system and the public eye. I think there is legislation in the works that will ban it, but with our new "pro corporate" administration, it will probably never happen.

News Comments > Black Friday Safety Dance
23. Re: Black Friday Safety Dance Nov 26, 2016, 10:44 Saboth

Retired wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 20:03:
Pigeon wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 14:15:
I seriously doubt a recount will change the results much, but we've been hearing for years about how vulnerable electronic ballots are. There should be a wide scale audit to at least give some evidence one way or other about the actual incidence of tampering with electronic ballots. They've done similar things in regards to claims millions of dead are voting and they tend to find you can count the number of actual cases on your fingers. What it does reveal is the voter registration system needs to be updated so deceased individuals are accurately identified and removed from the voter rolls. And while voter fraud by this method is very rare, what is very common are groups using often highly inaccurate data to purge large swaths of legitimately registered voters from the rolls.

Voter fraud exists. Two unknown people can go on election day and create this scenario over and over:

Person A: I want to vote
Voting Volunteer: Do you have an ID or anything with your address on it?
Person A: No.
Voting Volunteer: Who is going to vouch for you?
Person A: *Points to person B
Voting Volunteer: *Addressing Person B - Do you have an ID or anything with your address on it?
Person B: No.
Voting Volunteer: Who is going to vouch for you?
Person B: *Points to Person A
Voting Volunteer: Ok, looks good, here are your ballots.

Lol sure. I assume that's sarcasm. The way it works is: they ask you your name and ID and address. You give it to them. They find you in log book and mark you down as having voted. In the past, they didn't ask for ID, but they still marked you down under your address. So if someone else shows up trying to vote, they'd find out instantly that something is going on. You don't just show up and vote 20 times. There are virtually no proof of in-person voter fraud. There's been about 11 cases in 10 years out of hundreds of millions of votes.

News Comments > HTC Calls for VR Cooperation
11. Re: HTC Calls for VR Cooperation Nov 25, 2016, 08:35 Saboth

I see there are some sales on the Vive today. However, looking at all of the cables and sensors running all over the place, along with the fact 99% of games look like Wii rejects that are probably fun for 30 minutes but then tossed aside, it all seems like too much money and too much hassle for some gimmick games.  

News Comments > Thanksgiving Metaverse
16. Re: Thanksgiving Metaverse Nov 25, 2016, 08:32 Saboth

"Many Reddit members were furious that the website's chief executive had edited messages, and accused him of censorship."

It's a private website and forum, so they can censor all they want. I'm not sure "fake news stories" is a good term for what is going on here. Maybe fraud or complete lies. If the media and companies had done a better job policing this nonsense, we wouldn't have such an inept buffoon coming into the White House in January. The owner of the pizza restaurant is getting death threats due to this crap, and he has nothing to do with any of these trolls' lies. We might laugh at such stories, but apparently a fairly large portion of people that are not very knowledgeable took these stories as factual truth and voted accordingly.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Trump’s FCC advisor wants to eliminate most of the FCC. Nov 24, 2016, 09:54 Saboth

LittleMe wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 00:23:
Most of the FCC is likely a dinosaur bureaucracy from the 20th century when our communications grid was entirely different. At face value it's a good idea. Of course the devil is in the details. We can remain hopeful that the market will be opened up.

The only way it will open up is if some of these wireless technologies that are supposedly as good as physical lines are implemented widely. No one is going to go through 95% of the US laying new cable or wire. If you live in a big city where the cost of living is 5x more than the rest of the country, you might see some competition. For most of the country you are paying through the nose for mediocre speeds. Republicans' ideas of "just stop taxing the rich and everything will be better" has been disproven decade after decade, and yet they keep clinging to these failed policies. Looks like Trump's about to kick it into overdrive. Look for pay to stay the same but the wealth gap will explode while tax revenues plummet, resulting in less spending on schools, infrastructure, support programs, etc.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
16. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 09:49 Saboth

My biggest gripe is indie games that are priced $20 that go on sale for $10-$15. These games would have been $1-$3 in past sales (talking about years and years ago). Now the only games in that price range are unfinished or completely junk games that aren't even worth a dollar.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 23, 2016, 21:15 Saboth

Sounds like Trump's FCC advisor is in the pocket of big corporate right off the bat. He states there are very few monopolies and in the case of a monopoly he wants to leave it in the hands of the states. Many states are in the pocket of big corporate as well. "consumer input in the regulatory process can be harmful, claiming that 'Public discussion inhibits open dialogue.'" These chumps do realize government is supposed to work for the people, right? The people want Net Neutrality, they don't want monopolies, they don't want data caps.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 23, 2016, 17:58 Saboth

Trump's already stated he is a big opponent of net neutrality. Rolling back all of the good things the FCC had done in recent years is one of his and the GOP's top priorities. The GOP states it believes in the free market, but then they actively let lobbyists dictate favorable legislation that helps entrenched companies against competition. Such as banning municipal broadband, which GOP legislatures have been keen to do. It's much more important to our economy to have a free and open internet than it is for Comcast or AT&T to be able to ream even more profits from their duopolies or straight up monopolies. Trump's shown he's in the bag for big corporate interests before he even takes office.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
47. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2016, 18:41 Saboth

Trump's a grade A conman that just conned 47% of America. He ran on changing Washington, getting rid of corruption, and fighting for workers against corporate interests. Instead, he's filling his administration with long-time corrupt politicians (and his family!), plans on giving handouts and tax breaks to his rich buddies and deregulating Wall Street. Nothing in his first 100 days remotely resembles "draining the swamp" or doing anything at all for workers (in fact, he and the GOP plan on rolling back a recent overtime law that massively helps the middle class). If you voted for him on the issue of immigration (for some reason), you might get what you wanted to a degree, but anyone else that thought he was going to be a Washington outsider that worked for the people is getting a very rude awakening. Sorry, we tried to tell ya.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 16, 2016, 21:42 Saboth

Looks like the GOP is going to shut down the FCC (or rather neuter it to death) ASAP. Without the FCC to fear, cable and telecoms can get back to reaming everyone. Expect net neutrality to die, data caps to be implemented more often, prices to rise faster, competition to die off. They'll probably get to work crafting a massive dream bill for RIAA and MPAA that combines the worst elements of SOPA and PIPA and ends up making the DMCA look tame. Really sucks to see all these years of progress go down the tubes due to congre$$ional greed.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 15, 2016, 19:14 Saboth

Never heard of them. Looks like they were a moderately successful band for a few years in the 60s. I say 100 grand is more appropriate.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
10. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 13, 2016, 16:51 Saboth

El Pit wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 13:47:
Maybe Trumperica will do just what democratic countries like Russia and Turkey did: imprison all critical journalists, close every newspaper or tv station that will not follow the government's guidelines, and suddenly there is only one truth and that is forged by the regime government. After all, Putin and The Donald are best friends forever, right? Why not do what his friend did?

Notice Trump *did* put Peter Thiel on his staff. Looks like the billionaires and millionaires are coming together to silence media that is critical of them or reporting on their misdeeds. Trump says he wants to change the libel laws so it's easy to sue news agencies out of existence.

News Comments > Gone Home for Free
40. Re: Gone Home for Free Nov 13, 2016, 10:25 Saboth

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 09:58:
Dacote wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 08:02:
If you're concerned about what's going on in the paved streets, you're looking the the wrong way.
Pro Tip: You need to be looking at who will soon be in the White House.
Because if you did, you would be joining those in the streets.

Yes, because paid agitators by moveon, answer and other leftwing groups, destroying property isn't a problem. Nope, not at all. The problem is the anti-establishment candidate and the fact that the DNC threw their rulebook out the window and fixed their own primary process along the way.

But hey, let's complain about Trump! Never mind that garbage like TPP is dead. That shitty trade deals like NAFTA will likely die. Or that the previous president has racked up so much debt that it was more than every other president combined. But let's pick the corporate candidate that would continue the crony capitalism, unrestrained QE, and was pro-importing labor to replace people inside the US.

I'd like to point out you need to go back to the previous previous president and the GOP Congress if you want to see where our current debt came from. GW Bush and the GOP spent trillions on multiple wars and big government spending (TSA, Homeland security and other bloated departments all happened due to the GOP). Bush attempted to keep the wars "off the books" to hide the fact they exploded the debt and deficit. After that, they implemented a hair-brained tax CUT, which further reduced federal tax income and blew up the debt. GW left office with a 1+ trillion *per year* budget deficit, after starting his terms with a massive tax surplus.

As usual, the GOP outspent Dems, just like they always do when they are in power. Look at Trump's plans. It's projected to add a minimum of 10 trillion to our debt, but most likely more.

So back to Obama. He starts his first term with a 1 trillion yearly budget deficit due to the GOP, and a crashed economy, partially due to the GOP. He can raise taxes or he can cut spending to address the budget deficit. The reason the US did so well during the recession while other countries crashed and burned is we did *not* cut spending, as that will worsen your recession. So he can raise taxes, which he tried, but he needs a willing Congress to do that, and the GOP would rather see that debt soar than raise taxes.

So no, this debt is not Obama's. About 1 trillion his first term can be attributed to him, because of his stimulus and bailing out companies such as the auto industry (which Bush wanted to do too, to be fair). Most everything else is from the deficit he inherited, and during his first and second terms, he whittled that down. In truth he's been one of the most fiscally conservative presidents in about 60 years.

News Comments > Gone Home for Free
27. Re: Gone Home for Free Nov 12, 2016, 19:51 Saboth

ledhead1969 wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 14:18:
El Pit wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 14:09:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 13:57:
Retired wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 12:27:
Dacote wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 11:07:
"For people that need something about hope and love right now"
Well that could not have come at a better time.

Very dangerous rhetoric.

Sad!

In about two years, people might go to jail for making indirect political comments that are not in line with the president's point of view, so...

Exactly! I bet Trump will also direct the IRS to go after businesses that are conservative too! Plus, be complicit in local governments targeting conservatives with differing viewpoints. Err...wait a second...

http://wapo.st/22xRUgV
http://on.wsj.com/1CSd7Ky

How about you focus not on what might happen and more on what actually has happened and stop being so close-minded.

I can't say much on what has happened, as he isn't president yet. However, I can note a few things:
1. He ran on the premise he was a Washington outsider, and once in office, he was going to clean up Washington, "drain the swamp", and go to bat for blue collar workers and the middle class against Wall Street and corporate interests.
2. His plan for his first 100 days in office is nothing but putting long-time corrupt politicians in positions of power and rolling back regulations and taxes on corporations and the rich. Absolutely nothing in his plans that result in "draining the swamp" or helping workers.
3. Right off the bat he is going to gut the FCC, roll back net neutrality, get rid of Tom Wheeler and remove regulations on all of these corporations. Get ready for price increases, the death of the "set top box replace apps" that would have saved Americans hundreds of dollars a year on equipment rental fees, most likely we are going to get hit hard with data caps, and companies will once again be able to charge Netflix, Hulu, etc. extra, meaning our prices are going up.
4. He's proved he is in the tank with Wall Street and Washington DC, and anyone that voted for him to help hourly workers and the middle class got taken for a ride. He's shown what his priorities are, laid right out on his website. 48% of the country got conned by a top-notch conman.

News Comments > Tyranny Released
1. Re: Tyranny Released Nov 10, 2016, 20:25 Saboth

I thought Tyranny was released on Tuesday.  

629 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo