Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Saboth

Real Name Saboth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 3, 2011, 00:22
Total Comments 672 (Apprentice)
User ID 57205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 8, 2017, 20:19 Saboth

Step 1: Lie and claim our election was filled with fraud, so you can exercise greater control over future elections.

Step 2: Dismantle the agency that detects and prevents fraud.

Step 3: Rig the next election.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 6, 2017, 21:27 Saboth

ledhead1969 wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 20:04:
http://bit.ly/2kfnKPA

http://for.tn/2liw7eh

Ohh, and let's not forget that these 'poor' people probably have cars, cell phones, air conditioning, free education, a place to live, computers, consoles and the list goes on.

Yeah, so what? Trade agreements have given us a lot of cheap junk and trinkets. Our minimum wage should be 2x what it is now, housing is unaffordable for many, healthcare is becoming unaffordable (or already is, depending on your income), food continues rising in price. But as long as they have have a cell phone, they must be living the good life. Internet today is a necessity, whether conservatives want to admit it or not. Which they won't, because they are bought and paid for by the telecoms and cable companies. It's why the FCC just got gutted. All in the name of monopolies and profits.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
29. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2017, 22:30 Saboth

Redmask wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 22:15:
Quboid wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 15:15:
Why don't you speak up? Are you happy with what's being done in your name? Moderate conservatives need to act.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

If you think Trump is evil you're one sheltered little butterfly. Moderate conservatives already spoke up, that's how we got here. I suggest you buckle up, it's going to be a long ride.

Yeah, I agree completely. I don't think I'd call Trump evil. Mike Pence is pure evil. I'd say Trump is more selfish, unqualified, ignorant, racist, fascist, sexist, deluded, untruthful, orange-tinted, blubbery, old, insecure, hypocritical, uncommitted, gullible, temperamental, disreputable, deceitful, crooked and corrupt.

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 31, 2017, 20:33 Saboth

Cyber security is a scary space for Trump to be operating in. He absolutely does not understand tech, and he doesn't care one iota for constitutional protections or privacy. Back doors, government-sponsored malware...it's all going to get approved. There's a reason he admires Putin so much.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
27. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2017, 20:28 Saboth

Tech companies love the visa workers, because they can dangle it in front of the worker any time they complain about long hours or pay. They'll gladly work for 1/2 pay, dragging down pay rates for everyone in the industry. If it happens, it's something that is long overdue, but I'm not holding my breath. Trump presents an idea, then as soon as some lobbyists or corporate power grab his ear, he does a 180 overnight. He talked about using government leverage to pull down prescription prices many many times during his campaign, but after meeting with Big Pharma, he decided the better approach is to lower taxes and regulations on the pharmaceuticals. Yeah, that will definitely lower prices.  

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 31, 2017, 20:25 Saboth

That's pretty rich. Comcast is going to charge me a rental fee for the Roku I own, just to use their app? I'm sure it will fly under the new administration, but the old one would have most likely smacked that down. I look forward to hearing their spurious reasoning for this.  

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 28, 2017, 08:59 Saboth

I was surprised he didn't take the petition website down when he ripped down all of sites about equal rights, global warming, etc. My guess is he actually believes he is loved by everyone in the country and expected them to make flattering petitions, when only 19% of the entire country voted for him, and some of those voters don't like him, but like Hillary even less. After a few petitions like this, he'll claim it's hacked or some kind of conspiracy and take the website down. The man's deluded. Lowest approval rating of any president and will most likely end up worst president in history. Anyone that voted for this clown should be hanging their heads in shame, and it's only been his first week in office.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
35. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 26, 2017, 21:46 Saboth

unfortunately wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 18:38:
Saboth wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 18:21:
...fascist idiot... I doubt any of them even know how to read a scientific study, judging by the nonsense Republicans spout.

how about less irony and more vidya? you out yourself as an "idiot" in the first sentence. "fascist" ? "facts" ? i don't think you know what either word means, judging by your laughable rhetoric re: the R. what you do seem to know is the typical L attack-dog fatuous shill catch-phrases. find your forte and get there- bandying political commentary isn't it.

What "facts" are in question here? Global warming? Pretty conclusive, but not to the GOP. 5,000 year old Earth? Intelligent design in schools over evolution? Trump's inauguration was roughly 1/2 the size of Obamas? I'm not much for "alt facts". As for fascist - the authoritarian beliefs Trump has displayed (advocating removing citizenship for people, promoting assassinating innocent people, attacks on the media, the validity of the election - these are all straight out of a fascist dictator's rule book. Page one stuff.), his nationalistic fervor (c'mon son, the man just introduced a "National Day of Patriotic Devotion" on his *inauguration day*?)further reinforces the evidence of fascism. Come on down out of that alt-reality you guys have built for yourselves.

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2017, 22:44.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
25. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 26, 2017, 18:21 Saboth

Good. Everyone with any common sense should resist this fascist idiot. The fact his administration of morons wants to "review" scientific information before we are allowed to see it is ridiculous. I doubt any of them even know how to read a scientific study, judging by the nonsense Republicans spout. Our tax dollars are paying for this research, and we should be privy to it without interference from some plutocratic nincompoops that deny reality and scientific fact, trying to replace facts with "alternative facts" (ie: lies).

Trump works for us. The government works for us. The "federal land" that sits on reserves and makes up nationals parks that the GOP wants to sell off to corporations so Rex Tillerson can make some profit is *our* land.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 25, 2017, 22:44 Saboth

Trump before election: Hillary's using nongovernmental email - lock her up! Hillary is in cahoots with Goldman Sachs! Hillary can be bought by foreign powers!

Trump after election: Trump uses unsecured phone, his administration is using nongovernmental emails. Trump fills his cabinet with Goldman Sachs executives. Trump brags about foreign powers trying to bribe him, while refusing to divest from his companies.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 24, 2017, 22:20 Saboth

I'm not really concerned that games and consoles might go up in price. Basically everything we buy would go up in price tremendously. Tariffs are bad for consumers. IF (they won't) they somehow managed to bring any jobs back, you are talking about low-paying jobs people don't want anyway. Trump wants to move "iPhone" jobs here? Why would Americans want to slave in a factory for minimum wage? Trump's terrible ideas would raise the cost of living for everyone in the country without resulting in any pay increases or good jobs. His healthcare plans to scrap Obamacare or "let states choose what they do" will most likely raise healthcare costs another 25%+ on top of the increase this year. All of his plans to slash the federal government will result in a massive loss of jobs for contractors, and well-payed federal employees, some of the last "good" jobs around. His plans to force back doors into software and hardware will drive foreign investment and customers away from American products, resulting in even more lost jobs.

Trump has no idea how to run a country, and has zero knowledge of economics or trade policies. I hope the GOP stands in his way on these issues, or else this country is going to be in huge trouble.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
90. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 22, 2017, 16:34 Saboth

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 13:53:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 13:33:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 12:07:
Holy Shit. I don't know what's harder to believe. Kellyanne "Alternative Facts" Conway in charge of the ministry of misinformation, or that some simpletons actually believe this crap.
It's mind boggling.

Who are you going to believe: the great and magnificent President Donald J. Trump, first of his name, King of the Andhals and the First Men, or so called "photographic evidence"?

In this day and age? Neither

The first part is understandable, but why would you disbelieve hundreds of photos taken by hundreds of different people, as well as eyewitness accounts? Do people really believe there is some kind of mass liberal conspiracy going on between thousands of news agencies and independent bloggers where they all have a morning meeting and get their facts, photos and stories aligned just to make Donald Trump look like a buffoon? Or is it more likely Donald Trump is just a buffoon?

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
13. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 22, 2017, 08:20 Saboth

VaranDragon wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 03:37:
Narf2029 wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 23:05:
It's funny how all these Trump supporters want everyone to suck it up, live with it, etc when they were denouncing Obama as a Muslim terrorist, or the root of all American problems, or just going for the "typical" blatantly racist stuff, nonstop, for 8 years.

I think many of those people (at least the "smarter" sort) are disillusioned with the status quo, the endless war on terror, the stagnant economy etc. and are hoping (you know what they say about hope) the bufoon will somehow shake things up a bit. The majority of his supporters though are as you said, racist bigots hoping for a return to the glory years of white American supremacy. Then you have the fools who just enjoy watching the world burn.
The bigest losers in this election cycle though would be the Democratic party superdelegates, who continually ignored polling and the changing political climate and didn't support Sanders, who would have definitely beat Trump in the general election and maybe just maybe brought about some significant changes in Washington.

I can understand this. Many people are tired of the status quo. However, I think this is where lower education comes in. Washington only became the problem once it started working for corporations instead of the American people. It's become blatantly obvious, with legislation written directly by corporations being rubber stamped by Congress, the Supreme Court siding with corporate interests over Americans time and again. Both Dems and the GOP are guilty of it (although the GOP to a greater degree). The problem with electing Trump is he is one of those 1%er corporate interests that have been using Washington like a puppet. Then he filled his administration with plutocrats that are only interested in deregulating themselves. They put the people responsible for this country going down the tubes directly in charge, instead of having to use lobbyists and kickbacks.

48. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 21:30 Saboth

So Sean Spicer (Trump's press secretary) just had a press conference where he literally yelled at the media for accurately reporting the fact Trump had about 60% fewer in attendance at his inauguration than Obama did in 2009. Photo evidence proves about 1/2 as many showed up as Trump prepared for. Thousands of people on the ground confirmed the numbers. He is using the number of Metro riders as proof X amount of people were at the inauguration, but Trump protestors were also using the Metro yesterday and today. In fact, many estimate the number of protestors today dwarfed the number that turned out for Trump's big day. Sad to see the *White House Press Secretary* yelling at the media for reporting facts on Trump because it bruises Trump's fragile ego.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 17:46 Saboth

jdreyer wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 16:52:
Today is Happy National Hugging Day *

* Holiday invented in anticipation of the Donald J. Trump inauguration.

Apparently Trumpy just signed legislation creating "National Patriotism Day". I'm not sure why we need that when we have the 4th of July, Veteran's day, Memorial Day, etc., but the title sounds very authoritarian. "Vere eese your display of patriotism, citizen?? Off to zee gulag with you!"

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 13:19 Saboth

Trump's speech was interesting. He stated it's time for Washington to stop stealing from citizens. He's only half right though. Washington does the bidding of plutocrats like Trump and the people Trump filled his administration with. Washington is a reverse Robin Hood. Stealing from the poor and middle class and giving to the rich, under the direct orders of the rich. Trump and the other plutocrats just got tired of dealing with middlemen lobbyists and decided to take over the government directly. Going to see the biggest transfer of wealth from America to the rich in the country's history. Hell, the wealth gap is already equal to 3rd world countries before the oligarchs took over. It took 8 years for Obama to even begin to pick up the pieces after the GOP ran the country into the ground from 2000-2008. I suspect this time will take about 20-40 years to fix.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 21, 2017, 13:07 Saboth

Trump's like "hey Vladimir, good buddy, look at this new phone I got!" /hands it over.  

News Comments > NVIDIA on GFE Mandatory Logins
41. Re: NVIDIA on GFE Mandatory Logins Jan 18, 2017, 22:16 Saboth

Verno wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 14:16:
NetHead wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 06:45:
Because people have already paid cold hard cash to support them, I guess that part just rolls off some.

It's the issues of them forcing people who have already supported them, sometimes with a lot of cold hard cash, to log into accounts to use features which don't require that or the internet.

The phrasing here bugs me a bit. No one is supporting Nvidia, this isn't a Kickstarter or something. You bought a product and got what you paid for. Anything that comes after is gravy. GeForce Experience is entirely optional software, a value add. People who don't like the choices Nvidia makes with the software can speak with their wallet if it truly bothers them so much. That's the only language most companies truly care about. If it's not a deal breaker then it's probably not that large of an issue in the first place.

Nvidia already laid out why its there and the reasons might not matter to some but they're perfectly justifiable.

Except I also bought a Gsync monitor to go with my Nvidia card, and also an Nvidia Shield Tablet to work with my card. When I bought all of those things, there was no login required. Now there is, and worse yet, functionality between my computer and my tablet is lost (game streaming) unless I fork over my personal information. Yet there is absolutely no reason to require any kind of social media/login account to make my tablet stream from my PC again, like it did before they changed the agreement on their end. You're right though - nothing forces me to buy Nvidia products in the future. Once this monitor is obsolete, and my tablet dies out, I'll probably switch over to freesync and another brand of tablet and see what AMD has up their sleeves. I don't like Nvidia's customer unfriendly practices right now, so it works both ways. They can do what they want, and I can do what I want.

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 18, 2017, 22:10 Saboth

That's where the problem of government making our devices less secure bites us. Government pays company to hack a private company's software or device (or orders the company that makes the device to build a back door into it from the start), hackers gain access to the hack or back door, hack thousands or millions of people, who have their identities or money stolen, the government shrugs, leaving those people high and dry.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 18, 2017, 22:05 Saboth

I used to support Wikileaks and Assange's goal, but that was before I learned they leak very specific information in order to influence public opinion, sway elections, and that they are working with dictators and malcontents to accomplish goals such as undermining democracy. The USA wasn't the first country that had its election influenced by these leaks. If Wikileaks was truly about total transparency from all sides, that would be an admirable goal, but they are picking and choosing who they ally with, they are sitting on information that would hurt sides that they want to win instead of releasing it, and their allies are not always honorable or just.  

672 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo