Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Saboth

Real Name Saboth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 3, 2011, 00:22
Total Comments 730 (Apprentice)
User ID 57205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold
3. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold Sep 18, 2017, 21:58 Saboth

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 21:34:
I am traditionally an FPS player..I pretty much avoid all SP RPGs and RPGs in general (I know this one has MP). I am never a turn-based gamer and I didnt like X-Com at all.. I am not in the right demographic for this title and still I bought it.

It took me a few restarts and some learning, but now I am HOOKED! I absolutely cannot get enough of this game! Thsi game is god damn fantastic and is so well done I am blown away. the amount of depth and choices and the characters, the way fights change or how to approach them etc. How you can use a different character and talk to a person and get a totally different reply and outcome, and talk to animals and get information, hidden everything, clues everywhere.. Good god this game is impressive as hell.

If you dont have this yet and you're thinking about it, get it. You will absolutely love it. I cannot wait to get in later tonight and do some inventory management and go back to the town and do a few HUGE things I missed.

My coworker and I are playing, and while in the same area our experiences are widely different.. again, highly impressed with this title.

You can really tell the care and love Larian puts into their games. I've played most of their games, and they all have little touches and unique things like that, that aren't in other games. Even going way back to Divine Divinity.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 17, 2017, 16:25 Saboth

Hope D:OS2 is going great. Kind of expected it to be first place.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 15, 2017, 21:46 Saboth

There are going to be Congressional inquiries and hearings on this. These guys wanted no part of it, but they should be hauled in, with all the rest.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 15, 2017, 21:34 Saboth

I support the youtubers. It's hard work making videos regularly. Many of them work as hard or much harder than someone at a regular job. It's BS that their work helped make Youtube what it is, and Youtube can flip an automated switch and ruin their lives. There should be legal protections against it.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released
1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 14, 2017, 21:11 Saboth

I'm tempted to get it, but:
1. I'd like for any balancing/patches/bugs to be worked out first.
2. I've actually got things I should be doing over the next few weeks/months besides spending 150 hours playing this.

On almost all past Larian games, they've given a discount to loyal customers who own their previous games. The more games you owned, the bigger the discount. I was hoping they'd do that for this game too, but I suppose they went with the universal 44.99 price for everyone instead.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Sep 13, 2017, 20:09 Saboth

I'm not going to defend PewDiePie, but gaming is heat of the moment. I very rarely curse, but when I'm gaming, I'm letting fly things that I don't even know I'm saying (nothing racist, but curse words). My wife tells me later how much I was cursing up a storm when I was losing a bunch of games in a row, and I don't remember even saying one word out loud.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
7. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 9, 2017, 16:30 Saboth

WaltC wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 15:53:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 13:45:
Reason #372 to never shop at BestBuy.

More fallout from idiot (D)s--& Hillary Clinton. Incredibly stupid. It's "morons 'R us" when (D)s rule...Very sad...

Russia has been very aggressively attempting to hack our government, elections and infrastructure, ramping up their cyber attacks in recent years. They influenced our current election through leaks and propaganda, putting an unstable, dangerous, unqualified nitwit in charge of the country, and America is much weaker because of it. Preventing the installation of Russian software on governmental machines makes sense. Even if the Russian government has not co-opted Kaspersky, they can at any time.

7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 9, 2017, 12:35 Saboth

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 10:52:
Saboth wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 10:13:
I was told to go to that site and enter in my information in order to see if I was affected. I expected a message indicating yes or no. Instead, it told me to come back next week to finish signing up for their credit monitoring. I wasn't aware that I had begun signing up for their credit monitoring. I was told the site was to check if I was affected or not. I never got a message like "Yes, you are affected" or otherwise. I've emailed my district's congressman and my state AG over this. This is just too much.

Either the site glitched or you hit the wrong link.
https://trustedidpremier.com/eligibility/eligibility.html
CNET thought it was unreliable as fuck, kinda like equifax.
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/psa-equifaxs-hack-checker-is-a-hot-mess/

I think they changed it after their site was reamed in the media as appearing shifty. I did it basically as soon as it was available, when the hack was first being reported.

5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 9, 2017, 10:13 Saboth

I was told to go to that site and enter in my information in order to see if I was affected. I expected a message indicating yes or no. Instead, it told me to come back next week to finish signing up for their credit monitoring. I wasn't aware that I had begun signing up for their credit monitoring. I was told the site was to check if I was affected or not. I never got a message like "Yes, you are affected" or otherwise. I've emailed my district's congressman and my state AG over this. This is just too much.

We are told to go through the trouble of protecting our data, shredding our mail, making complex passwords, buying virus protection, yet out of all of the loss of data I've had over the years, it was on the other end. The people telling me to do all of these things are the ones that have been losing my data left and right. Anthem's massive hack was almost as bad as this one, and I was a customer. I've never been a "customer" of Equifax, but I'm affected merely by existing. They owe every single person lifetime credit monitoring at the very least. One year, and then automatically billing people is a huge slap in the face. "Oh hey, I lost the key ring of keys to your house that you lent me. But if you give me $20 a month for the rest of your life, I'll keep an eye on your house."

What they count on is the fact people aren't going to be impacted right off the bat. So the courts will say, "you can't prove you have any material loss from this" to consumers. Yeah, well the material loss comes 1, 2, 10 years later, and by then Equifax and the rest of these companies can say, "that was six years ago! Surely it was the customer's fault that their data was stolen. Was their definitions up to date? Do they use strong passwords? No, we don't believe we are responsible for this person's identity theft six years later."

1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 7, 2017, 20:53 Saboth

This is probably the worst hack I've heard about. It's had me mad all night. Every bit of personal information needed to steal someone's identity or trick a customer service rep into getting anyone into your accounts. I don't even know how you would protect against this. Sure, you can freeze your credit, but that won't protect your current accounts from a constant barrage of people trying to get into them through customer service. I'm also curious if they gained access to your financial information - meaning a list of all of your open loans, mortgages, banks, credit cards, etc.

Imagine that, a list of all your current accounts AND all the information needed to get into them through customer service. "Oops, I forgot my password, can you reset it for me?" "Sure, I'll just need your social, address, phone number, and I'll ask you some questions about your past residences." "Sure, I've got that all right here."

The part that makes me furious is they are offering ONE YEAR of free credit monitoring. That does absolutely nothing. They need to be sued to provide lifetime free. So they lose everyone's personal information, give everyone a mere 12 months of monitoring, then will aggressively push their overpriced $20 a month credit monitoring on everyone who now needs credit monitoring because THEY lost that information? I don't think so. Permanent free credit monitoring is the least they could do.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2017, 18:50 Saboth

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 13:18:
krist2 wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 12:25:
It's a good thing climate change isn't a thing...

Are you fucking serious?

Go google Hurricanes that start with I. Regardless of climate change, there have been and will be earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, tsunamis, etc. It's a matter of statistics. The longer something doesn't happen the greater chance of it happening.

Don't get me wrong I believe in climate change, but bad weather is going to happen, with or without humans on this rock.

With climate change and melting glaciers, it's going to happen more often, and storms are going to get stronger and stronger. The more water/heat available = more energy and the stronger the storms.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 3, 2017, 21:11 Saboth

Dev wrote on Sep 3, 2017, 20:26:
Saboth wrote on Sep 3, 2017, 16:27:
I bought XCom 2 last year, but didn't install it until a few weeks ago. Played it for about 5 hours then uninstalled it. Didn't like the timed missions, and didn't like the overall countdown to the dark events that weaken you with negatives over time.
Less timed missions in this expansion, as well as more options to reduce the avatar counter.

Also, right from the menu when you click start new game you can click to double the timer on the advent/dark events, and double the mission timer length. It still lets you get the achievements too.

The mission timer is also easily editable in the ini files if that's not enough. But I've found doubling it gives plenty of time, instead of feeling super tight, so I can take my time advancing tactically and covering fire, etc.

So if those were the only issues, click two options in the start game menu and bang that's done.

Think I'll reinstall and give it another shot, checking those options. I'm not saying I couldn't hack it, it just reduced my enjoyment by feeling under pressure all of the time. Thanks for the tips.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 3, 2017, 16:27 Saboth

I bought XCom 2 last year, but didn't install it until a few weeks ago. Played it for about 5 hours then uninstalled it. Didn't like the timed missions, and didn't like the overall countdown to the dark events that weaken you with negatives over time.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 15, 2017, 19:49 Saboth

Trump administration looking to get information on anyone that visits an anti-Trump website. That's not fascist dictatorship behavior at all, nope.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 14, 2017, 23:52 Saboth

"As president, Trump can use Twitter however he sees fit, Justice Department says"

Wrong. As an elected official, using Twitter as his method of communicating with constituents, it's against the law to bar constituents from communicating with him. There have already been court cases stating if government officials use Facebook or Twitter or other social media in an official capacity, they are not allowed to block or ban citizens.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 9, 2017, 14:54 Saboth

WaltC wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 14:26:
One broadband choice...yada, yada, yada...;) I wonder when silly liberals will understand that "competition" cannot be "legislated," in exactly the same way as computers, networks, and all of the hardware ever invented cannot be conjured into existence by government regulations and/or decrees. Reality doesn't work like that. Technology doesn't work that way--human nature doesn't work that way. Utopia, for instance, doesn't exist and will never exist despite all the burdensome regulation political liberals can fantasize and wet-dream about...;) What will exist, though, to complement the liberal delusion that utopia is obtainable with enough rules and regulations, is that services will become fewer and far more expensive and far less capable, at the same time. Progress will stop and lawyers will eat the technological cake and the icing, too.

And what's the core of those rules and regs? It boils down to liberals seeking a legal code to make everyone else conform to their desires and preferences. You disagree?--"Too bad," the liberal says, "We're going to enforce regs that will make you do what we want you to do. We don't care in the slightest if you don't like it." Which is why the country is turning conservative in leaps and bounds.

This coin has two sides--yes, you can say that AT&T has "taken over" a certain territory. Or, you can say that AT&T is providing service where *no one else wants to provide it.* The government is not your savior, look to it for your salvation at your own personal peril--it's a great lesson to learn as early in life as possible.

***And what prompted this tirade, precisely? I have no idea...;)

Now what about the cities/counties that have become fed up with monopolies and duopolies and created their own municipal broadband, just to have lobbyists from corporate interests draft legislation that bans municipal broadband expansion?

News Comments > Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight
20. Re: Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight Aug 5, 2017, 21:17 Saboth

One interesting aspect is all of the people swarming his boards calling everyone a "cuck", "snowflake" or "SJW". He must be part of some kind of right wing forum that has rushed to his defense.  

6. Re: Game Reviews Aug 5, 2017, 12:51 Saboth

Dave_Genesi wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 12:26:
The way I look at game value is by how much time I can get out of it. If I get $1 per hour of play time in a game, I am very happy with my purchase. $36 seems low for a game that claims 600+ hours of game play. Well above my $1 per hour goal. I am 100% sure I will not get 600 hours in the game, but I am sure I can get more than 36 out of it. Character creation alone will take at least an hour of that

Graphics do not make a game for me. It could have the worst graphics seen since Zork, but if the game play is good, I am fine with pixel graphics.

No one so far has been able to explain the 600 hours of play though. There are many 600 hour games, if you enjoy mindlessly grinding the same content over and over. If it takes 600 hours to complete unique quests and unique areas, bosses, etc., I'd buy it at even $40. However, I've also been burned numerous times by games that claim hundreds of hours of content, but it's merely redoing the same things over and over, or areas are merely clones of other areas.

2. Re: Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight Aug 5, 2017, 11:51 Saboth

I've been in and out of the forums for this game for 2 days now. I had it on my wish list, but never paid attention to it. There's a lot of things going on.

1. Apparently there's some group that is against the developer and is buying the game, leaving bad reviews, then refunding it.
2. The developer is supposedly far alt-right, with a doomsday bunker, etc., so people are using that against him.
3. The game is priced at $40, which seems far too high to me. Divinity Original Sin 2 comes out soon, at $45.
4. The Dev says the game is selling well and has sold a thousand copies. I wonder how many copies he would have sold at $15 or $25?

Due to some reports of bugs, no manual, confusing game play and stratospheric price, I think I'm going to hold off, even though this game does seem interesting. The developer also swears he will never ever lower the price below 10% off (but he strikes me of something as and eccentric loony type).

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Aug 3, 2017, 17:57 Saboth

Headline: "Elderly man with dementia and very little practical knowledge outside of running cons on investors can't figure out how to run a country."  

730 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo