Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Saboth

Real Name Saboth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 3, 2011, 00:22
Total Comments 754 (Graduate)
User ID 57205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 18, 2017, 16:08 Saboth

Giant clams full of forest garbage is *so* passé. THIS year, all of the best millionaires adorn their Thanksgiving feasts with house-sized cornucopias filled with giant coconut crabs.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2017, 07:15 Saboth

Once Ajit Pai is gone, it's going to take a LONG time to fix all of the damage he's done, even if it can be fixed. No, Sinclair Media plans on buying up all of the local media and running propaganda segments during the local news. Think: Hannity and Rush during your 6pm news, except it will never say it is an editorial or paid for by Koch Bros.  

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 13, 2017, 21:20 Saboth

Sinclair is one shady mofo, and Ajit Pai is nothing but an industry lobbyist working in the best interests of cable cos and phone companies. Him and DeVos are two of the ones I'll be most happy to see gone once Trump's clan is cleared out. Sinclair has been undermining our local news with "op-eds" masquerading as news at the local level. Watchdogs really need to keep an eye on them.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Specs Nov 9, 2017, 16:15 Saboth

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 15:44:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 13:37:
Humvee suing Activision over Call of Duty.

Every milsim out there is holding their breath.
Call of Duty's use of the Humvee "is a key selling feature of the games" ok

Yeah, I'm pretty sure maybe .0001% of players even noticed if they were accurate or had the Humvee logo on them. They made it sound like the only reason the games are selling well is they have Humvees in them, when no one gives one single F about the vehicles or vehicle branding.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Specs
14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Specs Nov 9, 2017, 16:12 Saboth

Minimum: Processor (Intel): Intel Core i5 6600K

Yeah, right. Someone's been getting in bed with processor manufacturers. I'm sure a processor from 5 years ago will be plenty.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 8, 2017, 19:59 Saboth

"Sorry, Comcast: Voters say “yes” to city-run broadband in Colorado." Comcast: "Hehe, that's okay. We'll just go to the state legislators and bribe them to ban it, and if that fails, we are already trying to get municipal broadband banned at the federal level, and we've got our inside man, Ajit Pai working hard for us at the FCC."

2. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches Nov 2, 2017, 17:39 Saboth

Bard wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 17:17:
IT security professionals know this whole Russia Hacked narrative is bollocks.

What's false?

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches
5. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches Nov 2, 2017, 15:42 Saboth

jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 15:40:
It's a pretty sweet product, almost a 1080, but $50-100 less. Looks like the sweet spot is 1440P.

My regular 1070 already handles any game at 1440 maxed out though...

I could have sworn I heard Nvida say they'd never make a XX70ti.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 1, 2017, 21:55 Saboth

I hate that name. "Fanatical" Sounds like some kind of NFL merchandise store.  

News Comments > Windows 10 Adds TruePlay Anti-Cheat Software
1. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 20, 2017, 20:13 Saboth

I had so much trouble getting games I paid good money for to work on GFWL, I don't trust MS on this.  

News Comments > Steam Sale Dates Leaked?
1. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 20, 2017, 20:12 Saboth

MEH! Why oh why did people have to ruin the system? Steam sales used to be so exciting. Now it's like you are paying the normal price when a game is on sale, and the rest of the year you are paying the marked up price. I'd rather have flash deals again and not be able to get refunds.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2017, 13:25 Saboth

"there is a mountain of evidence out there" Actually, no, there isn't. There's almost no evidence linking violent media with violent behavior. And any studies that have shown a link have merely shown a rise in immediate, short-term aggression and video games. Meaning someone might be "hyped up" after playing a game, much like they might be after watching a boxing match or football game. Leave it up to the GOP to blame anything BUT guns for GUN violence.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 7, 2017, 17:52 Saboth

I'm fine with subscriptions, but companies need to really adjust their expectations. CBS is not worth $7 a month to me. A news site is not worth $10 a month to me. A single channel or site is most likely not worth $3, $5, $10 a month, unless it is providing a LOT of content. Netflix is worth $10 to me. Hulu is worth that. Why does CBS, a channel that you probably pay .40 for in a cable subscription think it's worth close to Netflix? What needs to happen is some kind of giant a la carte system where I can check boxes for Slate News, CBS, Cartoon Network, National Geographic, and I pay .50 for one, .75 for one, $1.25 for one, etc, and I have ONE login and ONE bill. I'm not going to set up 100 accounts for 100 websites/channels and manage 100 logins, 100 passwords and 100 billing accounts.  

News Comments > Cuphead Released
16. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 30, 2017, 09:59 Saboth

I'm not much into this type of game, but I love the art and used to love watching old cartoons like this (back when Cartoon Network and Boomerang were much better). I'll probably pick it up during a future sale.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 30, 2017, 09:48 Saboth

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 30, 2017, 07:40:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 30, 2017, 04:58:
Tesla is shipping hundreds of Powerwall batteries to Puerto Rico.

Wherein Elon Musk does more to help Puerto Rico than Trump.

At this point, a cruise line company (Royal Caribbean) has done more to help Puerto Rico than Trump.

Well, Trump has complained that PR owes a lot of money. He seems to be intimating that PR is a bad investment. Too many brown people, you see. Not like FL and TX! Lots of real estate and oil there, so we've gotta help them out pronto. But let's not talk about such unimportant things. Did you know football players are not participating in nationalistic rituals in the proper manner??

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 30, 2017, 09:31 Saboth

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 22:05:
Isn't this something which Wheeler and the old gang should have anticipated especially so close to an election? Couldn't that have done something to make it permanent or at least stay in effect for x amount of years before the torches and pitchforks came out from ISPs?

Seems like a waste when the next administration can come in and essentially lay waste to everything done by the previous.

Because absolutely nobody...NOBODY on the planet actually thought Donald Trump was going to win this election. Not even Donald Trump. But to enact more permanent remedies like that, you usually need to get Congress involved, and we all know who the GOP works for. Need look no further than at who is in charge of the FCC, and what he's been doing to wreck like a decade of progress overnight.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 30, 2017, 09:27 Saboth

ledhead1969 wrote on Sep 30, 2017, 04:27:
Why didn't they do this at any point during Obama's admin?

Because Dems had control of Congress for only 2 years during Obama's term, and during that time they were dealing with the completely crashed economy, quarmire wars, out of control spending, healthcare crisis, etc. that the GOP left them with. They focused on those issues while they could, then the GOP took back Congress and said they would pass no legislation that helps this country, because their only goal was making Obama a one term president. And darned if they didn't sit on their hands and do absolutely nothing except attack Obama and Hillary for the next 6 years, instead of passing legislation that would have helped this country recover from the GOP messes.

Then they won the presidency and have spent the past 9 months looking like clowns, showing they have no idea how to run a country, and can't even pass their own legislation with absolute control of all three branches of government.

17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 29, 2017, 20:54 Saboth

SlimRam wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 20:15:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 19:23:
NicklePop wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 16:20:
Trumps the man. Tax reform baby!
Yeah, reform the lowest rate from 10% to 12% -- that will certainly help the common man!
Isn't that the same one that adds an estimated 4 to 6 trillion to our national debt in 10 years too?

The funny thing about our current debt: Most of it is from GW Bush and Republicans. Republicans outspend Dems when in power. By a lot. Spending under Obama increased at a lower rate than any other president in the past 60 years, but the GOP attempts to place their debt on Obama because he was President after they ran up the credit cards. GW Bush left Obama with a 1 trillion dollar *per year* budget deficit after squandering Clinton's budget surplus. Now we are going to try and do it all again with Trump's Trickle Up tax cuts. According to experts, the poor will pay more taxes, the middle class will see no change or a tiny tiny decrease while trillions flow to the already ludicrously wealthy.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 28, 2017, 20:01 Saboth

Credit locks and credit freezes only protect you from people opening up accounts in your name. Those are damaging, but not as damaging as someone gaining access to your bank account or retirement account, which they can do with all of the information Equifax just provided criminals. To fight that, you need to have instantaneous account monitoring of all of your accounts, on the fly. The "credit monitoring" business needs to take a hike, and it should be mandated that all consumers have instant access to their credit information every day at any time. It's ridiculous that people have to pay a company to access information about themselves, that that company is using to profit from in the first place.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 28, 2017, 19:57 Saboth

"It's ok, because it's his personal account." Actually, no. Courts are frequently ruling if you use your personal social media accounts for government business, you aren't allowed to block or limit voters from having access to you. And Trump uses his account for government business. He also shouldn't be deleting anything, as his communications as President are all supposed to be recorded and documented.  

754 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo