Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Saboth

Real Name Saboth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 3, 2011, 00:22
Total Comments 879 (Graduate)
User ID 57205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 13, 2018, 13:24 Saboth

"Okay, okay...how about this? You get two movies per month. But you can only watch them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 10 am to 3pm. You also must buy a large popcorn and a large soda at full cost. You only get one rated R movie per month, and one PG per month. No Fox films, and no Universal. Only movies with an 91% or below on Rotten Tomatoes. And the cost is now $24.95 per person, per month."  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 6, 2018, 13:17 Saboth

Bill Borre wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 12:11:
I guess Alex has lost his war.

His war on information was valiant, but the information just kept coming.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 5, 2018, 06:58 Saboth

Hilarious. Russia is hacking our power grid, personal information and attempting to overthrow our elections, and you've got Trump supporters asking why we shouldn't be friends with them, because we aren't "at war" with them.

As for the Chinese smartphone issue, I believe 6 US intelligence agencies recommended not buying those phones, way before the DNC said a word about it.

News Comments > Supreme Ruler Ultimate Goes to Trump's World
1. Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate Goes to Trump's World Aug 4, 2018, 18:59 Saboth

"players can take on the provocations of Russia, Iran, North Korea, and much more" Well, maybe Iran. Trump's best buds with Putin and Kim. Even put their pictures up in the the White House. Trump would team up with North Korea, Russia, Israel, and various other dicatorships and authoritarian thugs and form a new Axis of Evil.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 29, 2018, 16:32 Saboth

recall2000 wrote on Jul 29, 2018, 16:08:
http://www.wcvb.com/article/teen-injured-in-viral-hot-water-challenge/22578627
Seriously? Today's kids are f*cking retarded. I know he didn't do it himself; his "friend" poured boiling water on him whilew he was asleep. I mean...WTF? How they must have laughed..after his week in hospital that is. The fact that parents have to get on the internet to tell people it's a bad idea as well. Humanity is doomed if this is the standard of the next generation.

Part of me really wants to believe this is Trump's Fake News in action.

There. Sunday rant over

The quote from the article that says if your friends tell you to do this, they aren't your friends, reminds me of "Parent's Just Don't Understand". "If they were telling you to pour boiling water on yourself, you don't need 'em, because they aren't good friends!"

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
8. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 22, 2018, 08:02 Saboth

Quboid wrote on Jul 21, 2018, 18:34:
It's clear that the hypothesis that Russia has dirt on more members of the GOP than just Trump should be taken seriously. They are rotten to the core.

I'm not sure they have "dirt". The GOP will do anything to remain in power. Gerrymandering, voter suppression, cracking down on "crime" so minorities lose their voting rights, revoking citizenship for naturalized citizens, eliminating programs that protect our elections from hacking, ignoring the Russian collusion with the Trump campaign...the list goes on and on. A group of GOP congressmen flew to Russia a few weeks ago for...something. Russia is funneling money to the GOP through the NRA and...how many other dark money organizations?

If it means getting in bed with the Russians to keep their power, the GOP is apparently ready and willing. They've already proven they are party over country, during the Bush and Obama years.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jul 21, 2018, 12:09 Saboth

I like these fanatical flash deals. I've bought a few things from them. They are as good as the old Steam flash deals that went away.  

News Comments > Politicians to Livestream Games on Twitch
8. Re: Politicians to Livestream Games on Twitch Jul 18, 2018, 13:11 Saboth

Mitch McConnell, looking visibly disturbed while watching a game, "I don't understand, why are you jumping on those innocent turtles? What have they done wrong? Why are you trying to overthrow Bowzer? To me, he seems like a strong leader."  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 9, 2018, 19:29 Saboth

25 million? Heck, just delete the Fox News Youtube channel and you've cut out about 50% of the fake news without spending a penny.  

News Comments > Steam Competitor Coming from China
12. Re: Steam Competitor Coming from China Jul 9, 2018, 13:16 Saboth

Digitalfiends wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 11:27:
Does each download include a free copy of the latest malware/spyware flavour of the month?

Yeah, judging by what a lot of people are finding out about some of the Chinese phones, apps and devices, I'd be hesitant to install something that is going to have the kinds of permissions this software will require.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 7, 2018, 18:53 Saboth

We'd already have self-driving cars if they AI didn't have to deal with humans who can't drive and disobey the law and don't follow logic and reason. If we replaced all human drives with self-driving cars instantly, we'd have probably a 1000% decrease in accidents overnight.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 30, 2018, 16:39 Saboth

Heh, good one.

Back when I was a teen, our city was looking to install fiber. I worked for a company that pulled cable. They had one guy that knew how to to install fiber. I'd go out with him on installs (I was the assistant). I recall he'd sit there polishing cut ends of strands until they met some kind of tolerance, then splicing them together. It was a painstaking process.

I'm sure the process is easier now (or hope that it would be).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 26, 2018, 16:00 Saboth

Funny, Trump enacts moronic trade tariffs that will cause the cost of Harley Davidson motorcycles to go up thousands of dollars. In response to his terrible decisions, Harley Davidson plans on moving some manufacturing overseas so that they don't go bankrupt, and Trump attacks THEM for it. Meanwhile, crops rot in the fields because Trump is deporting all the seasonal help, and farmers are worried they might go bankrupt because of the Trump Tariffs. Prepare for massive layoffs, pay freezes and for the cost of everything we buy to rise. Republicans should strip him of this tariff power and roll back the Trump Tariffs. No one person should have the power to levy tariffs on the entire economy. That's ridiculous.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 26, 2018, 07:34 Saboth

So now mandatory binding arbitrary is required to do business with many businesses in our lives, and robs Americans of their day in court. Now corporations want people to sign gag contracts that they won't speak without permission. Seems like we are heading in a direction where all people will be required to sign contracts merely to exist in the world, promising we won't say anything negative of the corporate sponsors.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jun 22, 2018, 19:05 Saboth

These sales just get worse and worse. So many 20, 30, 40% offs. Sometimes on games 1, 2, 3 years old. Games that used to be $1 in past sales are now $5. $5 games are now $10. Games that would have been $10 in past sales are $20. Some games never go below a certain price (like $7). I think the sale has gotten so popular that they know there are a lot of people that see "sale" and go nuts, even if prices were better throughout the year.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 22, 2018, 17:00 Saboth

Holy crap, $4.99 per channel Youtube subscriptions? Per month? That can't be right. I must be reading that wrong. I thought the subscription sounded good, but I was thinking more like .25 or .50 per channel. For $5 per month, I'd want subscriptions to like 20 channels. It's not like Pewdie Pie is AMC or HBO.  

News Comments > PUBG Compensation for Mistaken Bans
2. Re: PUBG Compensation for Mistaken Bans Jun 21, 2018, 09:42 Saboth

What the heck is BP? Some kind of in-game currency where you can buy socks or hats or other useless overpriced crap? I don't think I'd be happy with that compensation.

News Comments > Defense Task Force Released
1. Re: Defense Task Force Released Jun 19, 2018, 12:11 Saboth

This looks pretty cool. I used to be into tower defense pretty big, but there's only so much you can take of one genre. I'm not sure this looks $20 good, maybe more like $5-$10 good.  

14. Re: Op Ed Jun 15, 2018, 21:18 Saboth

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Jun 15, 2018, 20:51:
Totally disagree with Trump on this issue. Make no mistake about it, this is not a conservative idea. See, some of you should try out this honesty! It is liberating (think freedom). Rather than fighting for a party, we fight for what is proven to work.

If Trump or the GOP ever did anything worthwhile, I'd support that action. Trickle down has never worked, so I can't agree with that. We should be taxing the rich at a much higher rate. We should be raising wages. The GOP wants to repeal Obamacare without anything to replace it. Obamacare has a lot of problems, but is still far superior to what we had before it. I honestly can't think of anything good the GOP and/or Trump has done for the country.

I'm sure there are a few regulations that helped out a few select industries, that maybe were good in some manner, but the party has shown from 2000-2008 and 2016-2018 that they have no idea how to govern. Deregulating everything and saying "work it out between yourselves" has not worked one bit. Yet as they scream about "state's rights", but if a state wishes to deregulate pot or preserve net neutrality, or implement sanctuary cities, the GOP attacks those states/cities/towns with the full force of the federal government. Hypocrites.

The Democrats have a lot of problems, but there's absolutely no way I can ever support this current GOP party who bows and scrapes before an unqualified demagogue just to cut taxes on the rich and make their corporate sponsors even more wealthy.

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 15, 2018, 14:57 Saboth

Some people don't understand how world trade and economics work. This includes Trump and any of his supporters who believe he's actually accomplishing anything positive. 25% tariffs on Chinese technology will be met with 25% tariffs on American products, harming Americans businesses, farmers and citizens.

We will all see the cost of everything we buy rise, while our pay remains the same, and no jobs are created. If anything, there will be massive layoffs. Trump has no idea what he is doing. None.

879 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo