Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Saboth

Real Name Saboth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 3, 2011, 00:22
Total Comments 925 (Graduate)
User ID 57205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 12, 2019, 10:30 Saboth

jdreyer wrote on Jan 12, 2019, 03:34:
Saboth wrote on Jan 11, 2019, 22:37:
Trump's going to harm our democracy by declaring a state of emergency. The GOP is fine with it, because either the courts will smack him down for the 1,000th time, or he'll get his wall and stop whining. It doesn't matter to them that the funds will be pulled from real disaster victims. Either way, the Senate GOP won't lose any face, even though they could end the shutdown tomorrow if they wanted (but that would make Trump's base angry with them).

The press is falling down here by presenting this as Dems vs Trump, when GOP senators have the true power to end this.

Yes, it's beyond infuriating to keep reading, "The Dems and the Republicans won't budge." Look, the Dems have nothing to do with this. This is 100% on the GOP. Funding the government is a simple, procedural matter. Donald Trump turned it into a crisis. The GOP are sitting there whistling like they don't know that they can fix this in 5 minutes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 11, 2019, 22:37 Saboth

Trump's going to harm our democracy by declaring a state of emergency. The GOP is fine with it, because either the courts will smack him down for the 1,000th time, or he'll get his wall and stop whining. It doesn't matter to them that the funds will be pulled from real disaster victims. Either way, the Senate GOP won't lose any face, even though they could end the shutdown tomorrow if they wanted (but that would make Trump's base angry with them).  

News Comments > Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required
4. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 8, 2019, 11:34 Saboth

The only thing I think about every time I see this game is "Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield" which is the major insurance provider in my area.  

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained & Hero Academies Closing
6. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained & Hero Academies Closing Jan 7, 2019, 19:44 Saboth

OMD 1 was a great game. As a single player, I loved it. OMD 2 began the slide downhill. It was obviously built around multiplayer, and single player was an afterthought (and was not fun). Then came more focus on multiplayer games, and they sunk even further. Should have stayed with the original recipe that brought you success.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 4, 2019, 20:17 Saboth

Yes, take business advice from the man who is only rich because his daddy gave him 50 million dollars, and he doesn't pay his debts, and who no US lenders would touch him with a ten foot pole because of his numerous bankruptcies, so he had to resort to taking mafia money from Russian oligarchs and other shady sources from around the world, and who is currently destroying the US stock market because he implemented moronic trade tariffs because he literally thinks a trade deficit means one country is losing money versus another country, and is being taken advantage of.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 3, 2019, 07:36 Saboth

That's okay, we'll fix it all eventually, once we clear out this corrupt administration.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale Underway
2. Re: Steam Winter Sale Underway Dec 21, 2018, 09:11 Saboth

Acleacius wrote on Dec 21, 2018, 08:34:
Seems really underwhelming and less of a sale, than even the Fall sale.

My issue is I see a game on Steam on sale for $4.99, then I go to Bundlestars and see the same game in a bundle with 5 other games for $1.99. I just bought a game 2 weeks ago on a midweek sale on Steam for $14.99, then the same game was $7.99 on GoG a week later. Steam used to have the best deals, but now they have the worst deals. I always find better on GMG, GoG, Bundlestars or other stores.

News Comments > The Steam Awards 2018 Nominees - Winter Sale Starts Thursday
2. Re: The Steam Awards 2018 Nominees - Winter Sale Starts Thursday Dec 18, 2018, 19:17 Saboth

Didn't we just have a Steam Winter sale?  

News Comments > GOG.com Winter Sale Includes Freebies
12. Re: GOG.com Winter Sale Includes Freebies Dec 13, 2018, 21:54 Saboth

Dang, I just bought Tower of Time for only 40% on Steam the other day, and here it is for almost 1/2 off of that price. It's a good game. Decent story, fun gameplay. If you like group-based dungeon crawlers with a few puzzles, lots of random gear, different ways to build characters, it's good.  

News Comments > Epic Games Store Building Ahead of Steam
5. Re: Epic Games Store Building Ahead of Steam Dec 9, 2018, 13:24 Saboth

A nice bit of software would be some kind of aggregator that links to Origin, Steam, GoG, Epic, etc., and can show price comparisons, sales, and your games/launchers from one screen.  

News Comments > Epic Games Store Launches
17. Re: Epic Games Store Launches Dec 7, 2018, 16:14 Saboth

I hope this roguelike fad dies down soon. I'm tired of seeing a dungeon crawler, rpg or arpg that is a "roguelike" or "roguelite". To me, that means "we've made frustratingly hard, very simplified, and the only way you'll progress is to play through the first stages of the game 50 times". I don't like doing the same things over and over.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 6, 2018, 16:30 Saboth

MoviePass: "For $35 a month, you can see any 3 movies you want, between the hours of 10am and 3pm on ANY weekday."  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 5, 2018, 11:53 Saboth

Rudy is the drunk, racist, ignorant grandpa at the drunk, racist, ignorant uncle's BBQ.  

News Comments > Darksiders III Released
3. Re: Darksiders III Released Nov 28, 2018, 09:02 Saboth

MacLeod wrote on Nov 28, 2018, 08:31:
I ended up grabbing it. It's been okay so far. I'm honestly glad they removed the whole gear mechanics from the second game. To me, that was tedious... but I feel like they stripped it back too far, even more than the simple mechanics of the first game.

Also... what is the deal with no map? I googled it, and the developers said they didn't think that people liked it, and that they want players to get lost in the world and use objects as navigation. yes, that's great when I'm in an area and use the object to go somewhere I haven't been... but when I've left an area and come back after getting an ability that I know can unlock something, I have no clue where that is anymore after playing a completely different area. At least with a map, I can look at the thing and go "it was over here". Not to mention, even when you're going around an area, you're never quite sure if you're going in the direction of the objective or if you're doing side secret stuff... which is a bit annoying honestly.

Sounds like a really lazy game. "Look - item management, talent trees, maps...that's all a lot of work!"

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 12, 2018, 14:48 Saboth

Soon, phone insurance is going to be more expensive than your car insurance.

People feel a real need to show they have the latest tech and are therefore "better than you", no matter the cost.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 5, 2018, 12:52 Saboth

Brian Kemp should be arrested. What happened was the Democrats found security vulnerabilities in his systems and notified him about them, in an effort to make the election more secure. Then he has the nerve to say they are attempting to hack the election. More proof the GOP has no business running anything in the government. When people say "government doesn't work", it's because the GOP devotes all of their resources into making sure it doesn't work.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 5, 2018, 11:22 Saboth

Can't recall how many games over the years have said their servers would be up for years or decades or forever, only to see them shut down in 2, 3, 5 years.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
6. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Nov 5, 2018, 08:37 Saboth

Hell, it's not just social media, but television too. I'm amazed at how Republicans are able to lie. Do we not have laws against blatant lying in campaign ads? "My opponent wants open boarders. My opponent wants to help MS-13. My opponent wants to steal all your money. My opponent hates all the police." Yet, no one has ever said anything remotely similar to those things. Meanwhile, on the Democrat ads, there are direct quotes and news stories proving what they are saying, and it's all easily verifiable.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 1, 2018, 18:23 Saboth

DangerDog wrote on Nov 1, 2018, 16:46:
The title of his speech is "How not to be triggered by white males giving speeches in 2018".

comfort massages and coloring books will be available in the back of the conference room for all those who attend.

I just think incompetent hate mongers should be shoved under the rug and not given a platform. I see this no differently than if a gaming conference said "our guest speakers are Grand Wizard of the KKK, and the head of the American Nazi Party". No, I won't support your organization, conference or whatever if these are the people you are lending a platform to and supporting.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 1, 2018, 13:24 Saboth

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 1, 2018, 11:59:
Why???
It all boils down to when stevo realized there was an untapped resource of low informed, easily manipulated,racist incel gamers who would pay real money for WOW fake gold.
$6O million, that's why.
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017/07/steve-bannon-world-of-warcraft-gold-farming.html

Seems risky. If there was any kind of conference I might be interested in, as soon as Steve Bannon, Mike Pence, Trump, or any Republican was listed as a speaker or guest, I'd never attend that conference again.

925 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo