Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Saboth

Real Name Saboth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 3, 2011, 00:22
Total Comments 978 (Graduate)
User ID 57205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 20, 2019, 19:25 Saboth

$50 is the cheapest streaming plan for AT&T? Wow, I'm paying $16 a month for Philo. These big corporations just don't seem to get the point.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Respawn Apologizes for Breaking Apex Legends Loot Promise
11. Re: Respawn Apologizes for Breaking Apex Legends Loot Promise Aug 18, 2019, 06:47 Saboth

"We apologize for making it so the only way you can get the cool stuff is by buying it. To make up for it, we are putting it up for sale in the store so you can buy it."  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 16, 2019, 20:16 Saboth

I think the GA election should be investigated. So the guy in charge of the election was also the guy running for Governor, and he kicked thousands of voters off the rolls, while also closing down voting precincts that would vote for his opponent, and precincts that would have voted for his opponent also had machine malfunctions and a limited number of machines, resulting in hours-long lines *even though* poll workers said there were machines available in storage that they weren't allowed to bring out.  

News Comments > King's Bounty II Revealed
4. Re: G2A vs. Unknown Worlds Follow-up Aug 14, 2019, 21:48 Saboth

King's Bounty is my jam. I don't mean like "I kind of like it", but more like "the only series I have played through like 3-5x for every game, as every class."  

News Comments > G2A vs. Unknown Worlds Follow-up
3. Re: G2A vs. Unknown Worlds Follow-up Aug 14, 2019, 21:47 Saboth

I'll believe any developer over G2A. G2A is the Donald Trump of key retailers. Nothing they say ever ads up.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 12, 2019, 14:13 Saboth

So gaming on one of those is about equal to turning your stovetop on low and leaving it on. As I've gotten older, I care less about 3 more FPS, and I care more about noise and heat.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 10, 2019, 12:49 Saboth

"Look, I've summoned all you here today - the social media corporations, the MPAA, RIAA, cell phone companies, DC and Marvel Comics, the video game manufacturers, because we MUST do something to address this rabid gun violence problem!" "Um...where are the NRA and gun manufacturers?" "What do they have to do with gun violence? Get out of here, you're fired!" "But...I don't work for you."

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 10, 2019, 12:46 Saboth

Pretty sure the Executive can't just draft an EO giving one of its department sweeping new powers over massive industries. That needs to go through Congress.  

News Comments > Steam Zero-Day Exploit
7. Re: Steam Zero-Day Exploit Aug 8, 2019, 08:00 Saboth

I've sometimes worried about the security of games on Steam, with so many Chinese and Russian games appearing, and apparently no oversight. I recall several smaller games from foreign developers where people say their security software is flagging it, but the developer merely says it's a false alarm.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 6, 2019, 12:48 Saboth

"Trump, without evidence, claims ______________." Just fill it in for anything he says. The fact this man is still in office shows our system has a LOT of problems. Should have been impeached his first year.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 29, 2019, 19:15 Saboth

I fully support their union. It sounds like a joke, but they have the support and help from Germany's largest trade union, who are *experts* at this stuff.

Youtube, Amazon, Uber, Twitter and tons of new companies make millions off of the hard work of people, yet provide no benefits or job security. Which is *sort* of fine, except for the fact they can change their model on a whim, and completely destroy a person's livelihood just because there was a mass shooting and Youtube decided they will ban all firearm videos (or demonetize them, which is the same).

There are people who quit their jobs to do this stuff full time, to which many say, "well, they were dumb for doing that!" If you could make $7.50 an hour slaving at a grill or $60K making content about stuff you love, you would rather flip the burgers? Of course they are going to take that dive.

These companies use algorithms to flag videos and they are wrong a lot of times. Yet the appeal process is crap, usually going through another bot. Eventually, you *might* be able to get a human to review your case.

There really needs to be some rights for these people participating in this "make a corporation millions, but you aren't an employee so have no rights" business model. The EU will probably lead the way as they always do. Long ago, it was the same way for regular employees. Coal miners, laborers, etc., could be worked 80 hours with no overtime, in dangerous conditions. Then we came up with regulations and oversight like OSHA. This new industry of "contractors who are actually employees of corporations" needs a similar revolution for employee rights.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 26, 2019, 11:57 Saboth

"terrorists, hackers, and child predators" Ooh, the scary boogeymen! The same old tired tropes the government trots out every time they try and rip constitutional rights and privacy from people.

So in order to catch the hackers, you need to completely ruin cybersecurity, so that the hackers will have a much easier time committing crimes. Got it.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 25, 2019, 12:47 Saboth

William Barr...one of the most treasonous AGs to ever be assigned to that position, demands back doors in software? The man who elected to become a corrupt criminal's personal defense attorney instead of working for the citizens of the United States? No thanks, Barr. Once Trump is removed, I hope you are investigated and imprisoned.

News Comments > GeForce RTX 2080 Super Reviews
6. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Super Gaming Reviews Jul 23, 2019, 13:04 Saboth

Those results are really underwhelming. I still think Nvidia is smoking crack with their prices. $500 is now midrange? I paid $350 for my 1070. Some of these games only show a 10-15 FPS increase over the previous generation.  

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 23, 2019, 11:21 Saboth

Let he who is without sin cast the first cat.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 23, 2019, 09:10 Saboth

" that toxicity stems from a real problem -- a delayed update, perhaps, or a bug that needs to be fixed" - You know, I don't think gamers when I grew up were like this. Talking about the 80s and 90s. Sure, they could be little sh**heads, but this entitlement culture where these utterly toxic, nasty little adult boys lash out at women, "SJW", developers - issuing death threats or nasty posts about their family members. Is it because people have become so isolated these days and live in these little online worlds (meaning social media, not MMOs) where there are no repercussions for their actions, and they have zero social contact with real humans?  

News Comments > UnderRail: Expedition Sets Sail
4. Re: UnderRail: Expedition Sets Sail Jul 22, 2019, 13:48 Saboth

One of the few games like this that I got to the very end and never finished. As I recall, the constant timer effects, poison(?)effects, monsters that could find me if I didn't beat a timer (or something like that) made the last level extremely tedious and all of the fun was completely sucked out of the game. I think if I kept on plodding on, I was probably pretty close to the end, but I thought, "Wait, I've got hundreds of games waiting for me to play, screw this." The build that had carried me through 95% of the game suddenly became trash for that last level.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Concludes With Giveaway
21. Re: Steam Summer Sale Concludes With Giveaway Jul 9, 2019, 19:42 Saboth

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 13:06:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 12:30:
It seemed like the weakest deals of any Steam Summer Sales I can recall.

I didn't know it was ending today... I knew I have Kingdom Come on the list for $18. When I went into the cart noticed I got $5 off because of their race thing where I picked Hare last week, who knows why. But it was good for $5 and then for $13.... made the last minute deal. Picked up PoeT2 and Kingmaker. Those three games should be played sometime in 2020 or 2021 and be good for a couple months of game time.

Funny, those are the only two games I bought (starting on Deadfire, first). But I got them from Fanatical since I had coupon codes for 10-15% off.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Concludes With Giveaway
9. Re: Steam Summer Sale Concludes With Giveaway Jul 9, 2019, 15:13 Saboth

Acleacius wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 12:30:
It seemed like the weakest deals of any Steam Summer Sales I can recall.

No doubt. I did not buy one single game. I bought 2 games from
Fanatical. They had the same prices as the Steam Sale versions, but Fanatical gave me a 10% off and 15% off coupon that I could use.

Don't think there's ever been a steam sale where I didn't buy a game.I used to spend $50 or $100+, but that's back when you'd get 75, 80, 90% off most games.

News Comments > G2A Solicits Paid Unattributed Editorial Support
1. Re: G2A Solicits Paid Unattributed Editorial Support Jul 8, 2019, 16:46 Saboth

What a scummy site. Glad I've never done business with them. It was apparent from the start they were shady. Of course many gamers don't care one bit and will still fork over the $$, even if it hurts developers.  

978 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo