Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Saboth

Real Name Saboth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 3, 2011, 00:22
Total Comments 989 (Graduate)
User ID 57205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs

5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 16, 2019, 19:01 Saboth

I'm kind of curious about the, "it's inappropriate to throw things, but slapping someone is criminal." What/how was she throwing things at him? I could easily kill or maim someone for life depending on how/what I threw at them. Was she throwing pillows or pairs of socks at him or baseball trophies and paperweights?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse

2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 16, 2019, 18:56 Saboth

No one was ever buying google smart speakers to begin with. The reason they "sold" so many was they were being included in deals with other electronics or given away for free.  

News Comments > Rune II Released; Human Head Closes

9. Re: Rune II Released; Human Head Closes Nov 13, 2019, 17:39 Saboth

Hmm looks like a knockoff Skyrim. Haven't I fought enough giants and dragons in snowy tundras?  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 12, 2019, 19:24 Saboth

Never understood the theory the Constitution doesn't apply at the border. Never made any sense at all.  

News Comments > Op Ed

3. Re: Op Ed Nov 8, 2019, 21:16 Saboth

NKD wrote on Nov 8, 2019, 20:14:
I understand what he's trying to say, that the stakes are completely different, but that just means such a person needs to be more careful to follow the rules, not less careful.

Exactly. And what garnered them so many fans? People who suck at games usually don't have tons of followers. So was this guy using hacks to "get gud" at the game and that's how he got his followers? So he's undeserving of the money and fame he has and should lose it. Permanent ban sounds right to me.

News Comments > Epic Sues Fortnite Tester over (Spoiler Alert) Spoilers

14. Re: Epic Sues Fortnite Tester over (Spoiler Alert) Spoilers Oct 27, 2019, 09:56 Saboth

NDAs exist for a reason...

If they let this guy off with a slap in the wrist, they'll have people leaking stuff left and right.

News Comments > Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood in Summer 2020

2. Re: Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood in Summer 2020 Oct 19, 2019, 23:19 Saboth

Cutter wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 17:33:
Jesus, is that music is anything to go by this is going to suck.

Well, it is based on a game called "Rage".

News Comments > U.S. Congress Rebukes Blizzard

27. Re: U.S. Congress Rebukes Blizzard Oct 19, 2019, 12:42 Saboth

Republicans: "How dare you censor someone for supporting democracy? Now, if you'll excuse us, we need to get back to leaving our elections open to foreign tampering, attacking our own intelligence agencies, and trampling on the Constitution in our absolutely insane quest to protect an unqualified con man, who seems to be compromised by about a half dozen nations, from warranted impeachment proceedings, because we don't want him impeached before we can fill the judiciary with unqualified partisan judges who are barely old enough to vote."  

News Comments > blitzchung Speaks Out

10. Re: blitzchung Speaks Out Oct 13, 2019, 17:39 Saboth

Heh, corporations are finding out sometimes having eggs in baskets around the planet can be a difficult situation. China doesn't have anything like free speech, and they are increasingly buying up stakes in US companies. So when a US employee/citizen makes a comment China doesn't like, the US company feels obliged to squash that speech, which is their right. However, they will find they have to deal with the consequences of their actions.

For decades, it's increasingly been all about the "shareholders", and only shareholders. But the customers and employees should have rights and a voice too, and while the shareholders might invest money, they don't generate the profits. In the end, that's why the population wields the most power.

News Comments > The Bardís Tale IV: Directorís Cut Released

4. Re: The Bardís Tale IV: Directorís Cut Released Sep 6, 2019, 14:06 Saboth

I don't think I've ever seen a game that is so resistant to going on sale, especially with a 50% rating. D:OS and D:OS 2 resisted sales (or only gave minor discounts) for a LONG time, but those games were smash hits with great ratings.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits

3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 31, 2019, 21:16 Saboth

Trump's tariffs are hurting more American companies than anything. Laying off people, closing factories. The reason many of them are looking to move overseas is due to the crushing Trump Taxes...I mean tariffs. It would be one thing if he had any kind of master plan or ultimate goal, but he has no idea what he is doing, other than "punish China". He doesn't even understand basic trade terms. They have to be explained to him during any trade meetings. He has no idea what he is doing and no endgame. He should have listened to experts, and failing that, the GOP should have blocked his tariffs, as he has no power to even implement them except in cases of national security, and his tariffs have nothing to do with national security.

Once he's removed from office, Congress really needs to crack down on the powers the President can exercise. One moron shouldn't be able to tank the world economy because he can't comprehend a trade deficit isn't necessarily bad.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 20, 2019, 19:25 Saboth

$50 is the cheapest streaming plan for AT&T? Wow, I'm paying $16 a month for Philo. These big corporations just don't seem to get the point.  

News Comments > Respawn Apologizes for Breaking Apex Legends Loot Promise

11. Re: Respawn Apologizes for Breaking Apex Legends Loot Promise Aug 18, 2019, 06:47 Saboth

"We apologize for making it so the only way you can get the cool stuff is by buying it. To make up for it, we are putting it up for sale in the store so you can buy it."  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance

2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 16, 2019, 20:16 Saboth

I think the GA election should be investigated. So the guy in charge of the election was also the guy running for Governor, and he kicked thousands of voters off the rolls, while also closing down voting precincts that would vote for his opponent, and precincts that would have voted for his opponent also had machine malfunctions and a limited number of machines, resulting in hours-long lines *even though* poll workers said there were machines available in storage that they weren't allowed to bring out.  

News Comments > King's Bounty II Revealed

4. Re: G2A vs. Unknown Worlds Follow-up Aug 14, 2019, 21:48 Saboth

King's Bounty is my jam. I don't mean like "I kind of like it", but more like "the only series I have played through like 3-5x for every game, as every class."  

News Comments > G2A vs. Unknown Worlds Follow-up

3. Re: G2A vs. Unknown Worlds Follow-up Aug 14, 2019, 21:47 Saboth

I'll believe any developer over G2A. G2A is the Donald Trump of key retailers. Nothing they say ever ads up.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 12, 2019, 14:13 Saboth

So gaming on one of those is about equal to turning your stovetop on low and leaving it on. As I've gotten older, I care less about 3 more FPS, and I care more about noise and heat.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 10, 2019, 12:49 Saboth

"Look, I've summoned all you here today - the social media corporations, the MPAA, RIAA, cell phone companies, DC and Marvel Comics, the video game manufacturers, because we MUST do something to address this rabid gun violence problem!" "Um...where are the NRA and gun manufacturers?" "What do they have to do with gun violence? Get out of here, you're fired!" "But...I don't work for you."

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 10, 2019, 12:46 Saboth

Pretty sure the Executive can't just draft an EO giving one of its department sweeping new powers over massive industries. That needs to go through Congress.  

News Comments > Steam Zero-Day Exploit

7. Re: Steam Zero-Day Exploit Aug 8, 2019, 08:00 Saboth

I've sometimes worried about the security of games on Steam, with so many Chinese and Russian games appearing, and apparently no oversight. I recall several smaller games from foreign developers where people say their security software is flagging it, but the developer merely says it's a false alarm.  

989 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >