Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 509 (Apprentice)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Confirms New Engine?
38. Re: Valve Confirms New Engine? Nov 12, 2012, 16:10 theglaze

If you want better AI, play multiplayer. In which case, CS:GO is already out.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 13, 2012, 16:38 theglaze

Makes one wonder how much longer Nintendo will be a hardware manufacturer...

RIP Sega, I keep your Dreamcast in a glass case

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 16:52 theglaze

RailWizard wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 15:15:
Metrotards

Thank you, I have now adopted this word into my vocabulary.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Sep 10, 2012, 11:28 theglaze

Finally, a decent review for CS:GO by someone who actually knows the intricacies of the series...  

News Comments > Hawken Oculus Rift Support
8. Re: Hawken Oculus Rift Support Aug 27, 2012, 18:49 theglaze

Shataan wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 17:01:
Tbh, I am not sure I`d want a game as fast as Hawken seems to look, that close to my eyes. Now, Mechwarrior Online, cause it is a tad slower might be cool. But a fast Quaker?

Agreed. They said the tracking is better compared to other headsets, but is it good enough for twitch gameplay?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 22, 2012, 22:14 theglaze

4K res? Sure, at <25fps  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
46. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 22, 2012, 11:39 theglaze

InBlack wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 05:33:
PropheT wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 18:06:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 17:57:
Since it has GG, i feel for it - now wish I hadn't. The gun mechanics are all messed up and doesn't "feel" right. Headshots are still way to high of a % and most of the COF doesn't make sense for the gun. It is as though they randomly assign a COF for a type of gun that doesn't fit it at all.....

oh well. I never learn I guess.

I really can't agree with any of that at all, especially that any of the gun mechanics are messed up in any way. They mostly feel like they did with other versions of CS, only with working hitboxes that mean you're actually hitting what you're aiming at. It's definitely a step in the right direction over what CS:S was doing.

Headshot percentage is high because that's what everyone is aiming for and practically everyone playing has had years of practice at doing it.

Which firing cone seems strange? The only weapons I absolutely cannot stand are the shotguns; they seem even more worthless than they used to be, but everything else seems pretty good with a balance between mobility and spread. If something has too much of a spread, stop and fire or crouch and fire and it fixes it.

Shotguns suck? Awww man, I was thinking of getting this for some oldschool teamplay but now...I always prefered shotguns in these type of games.

IMO, shotguns do not suck. The pump is still a 1 shot beast at close range, and the sawed off puts out even more damage. I had a double kill with one shell a couple nights ago. The XM1014 auto is just like previous iterations, which means it is still worthless if a target is outside spitting distance. And they've introduced a new one called MAG-7, which has a tighter damage area and it has the longest effective range of all the shotguns, but only 5 rounds. MAG-7 is easily my favorite new gun in CSGO.

News Comments > Sony Liverpool Closing
5. Re: Sony Liverpool Closing Aug 22, 2012, 11:14 theglaze

I've been a Wipeout fan since the beginning, I've played every Wipeout game ever released. Wipeout HD/Fury were the best, most well rounded of the entire series, and butter smooth as usual. How many games run (most of the time) at 60 FPS 1080p on PS3?

I find it very hard to believe there won't be a PS4 title down the road...

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
32. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 19:20 theglaze

I'm all for the release of this, and I think it's about time Valve brought a real team based strategy game to consoles. That's where COD has reined supreme and gamers just don't realize their buying shallow gameplay that simply doesn't deserve the billions of dollars it earns.

$15 is great. Instead of buying Black Ops II for $60, I'm going to buy CSGO for 4 of my unfortunate COD friends who are blind to what a good FPS game should play like.

Hopefully Valve's PS3 release is at least as good as the PC beta...

News Comments > F1 2012 on September 18
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2012, 13:02 theglaze

Rigs wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 12:50:
There's got to be another reason...

It's probably the same reason why you don't watch BTCC or DTM!

News Comments > F1 2012 on September 18
7. Re: F1 2012 on September 18 Aug 11, 2012, 12:08 theglaze

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it so far, but I feel that Forza has always walked the line between sim and arcade with true brilliance. While there are some Logitech mods to make those products work on a 360, a Fanatec product is the only real option. And I must say, the CSR Elite puts on a hellova show with Forza 4. I'm not looking to start a scrum on the forums, but I'll take Forza over GT5 any day...especially on the day M$ finally releases a track pack...

Codemasters F1 2010 had decent feedback and control, and it was a leap beyond F1 Championship Edition (PS3) which was the last game to use the license until CM. I felt that F1 2011 was definitely another leap over F1 2010. Now looking at the latest video (, it's exciting to see them use a Fanatec CSR Elite with the game @ 2:57, and customized G27 @ 2:34, especially if they are trying to legitimize their games to more sim PC fans.

The one thing I really want to see in F1 2012, but haven't read about, is brake lock ups resulting in wheel vibration and handling troubles due to flat spots. That has been a very notable aspect of F1 in the last 2 seasons, and they need to take that and improve it significantly in F1 2012.

But I'll buy it anyways.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jul 18, 2012, 13:19 theglaze

MisterBenn wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 11:27:
you log in and maintain a list of what review sources you trust and it gives you a personalised summary of those reviews!

Metacritic doesn't do that?

I know RottenTomatoes does and it works quite well: you create a cherry picked list of critics that seem to echo your own taste or hold similar opinions. It takes some research, but if you do it, its worth the effort because you'll see the critic and fan average, and then you can compare that to your short list.

The problem is that most games require much more than a 2-3 hour passive experience, and you're favorite reviewers may not rate the games you're interested in.

News Comments > F1 Race Stars for PCs Too
7. Re: F1 Race Stars for PCs Too Jul 15, 2012, 13:31 theglaze

i'm going to arrow key the shit out of this game  

News Comments > Dark Souls PC Port Issues
45. Re: Dark Souls PC Port Issues Jun 7, 2012, 13:08 theglaze

Silly Japanese, I guess the tsunami washed away rational thought too.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August
14. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Jun 4, 2012, 16:32 theglaze

The way bots work in the beta is that they are controllable by a person after death.

Example, you die during a rush and when spectating a bot on your team, you hit your use button and then take over that point right there and then, assuming it's health, weapon, position, etc. Any kills/weapons/money you get go towards the bot, not you.

I imagine this is a necessity because it would be awfully frustrating to watch bots attempt to kill each other if it came down to bot vs bot to decide the round. This also means there is no disruption during the game if people leave as they are replaced by bots.

As for their style or intelligence, there's some room for improvement. It's frustrating to watch a bot walk backwards through a set of doors, while carrying the bomb, and straight into the enemies defensive position.

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced
50. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 17:02 theglaze

ItBurn wrote on May 30, 2012, 15:02:
...with amazing atmosphere...but don't tell me it was a bad game or "behind the times".

Yup.

If any of you hating on Dooom 3 didn't fall into it's atmosphere, then clearly you weren't able to let yourself "go" and experience it first person...that's the whole point of the FPS genre. Maybe your senses have been dumbed down with egotistical "this isn't scary it's dumb" machismo. Example: If upon first arriving at Delta Labs you weren't creep'ed out, then you missed the whole point of the game.

As for the HL2, comparing either titles together is pointless because of the gameplay differences. Valve did an amazing job at making you feel alone in war torn world, sometimes going minutes without seeing another living thing. Doom 3 was relentless and stressful, monsters were behind every corner and even the predictable segments still brought buckets of anxiety.

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced
21. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 12:55 theglaze

I think Doom 3 makes my top 3 best FPS's ever. I've been hunting down an original Xbox copy for my 360 just last week to, so I'm totally stoked this is being properly re-released for the consoles. A lot of people missed out on this title and I think it will work very well with a controller.  

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Double XP Weekend
8. Re: Tribes Ascend Double XP Weekend May 25, 2012, 16:11 theglaze

MadBoris wrote on May 25, 2012, 13:59:
The thing I think some people have an issue with is dying

Hunted. That's the word.

I don't mind getting fragged, but being hunted by multiple enemies in a no-win-scenario creates a hopeless feeling that almost ruins the experience. You need to stay with the game to get beyond that point and understand how to avoid those situations. Most people give up because the skill gap can be gargantuan in public servers.

News Comments > Valve Confirms Hardware Plans
6. Re: Valve Confirms Hardware Plans Apr 13, 2012, 10:19 theglaze

As long as I can buy hat's for it, I'll be happy.  

News Comments > Worms Revolution Announced
4. Re: Worms Revolution Announced Mar 30, 2012, 14:14 theglaze

I believe I've played every Worms title and Worms Armageddon stands as the best in the series for me. Unfortunately the crisp and efficient gameplay has been lost as the series has morphed into a multi-platform title.

In particular, the ninja rope. The level of skill people had with that was astounding in W2/WA (fake but point proving http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf5vlEr_wMQ) and on consoles it's damn near impossible to use, such as the 360 port of Armageddon. Even the PC's Worms Reloaded had a rubbish ninja rope.

A new worms game needs proper leagues/ranks supported from within the game and the glory of the old ninja rope has to return.

509 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo