Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 511 (Apprentice)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > F1 2013 Announced
3. Re: F1 2013 Announced Jul 15, 2013, 12:59 theglaze

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 12:48:
This one is becoming the CoD of the racing games.
I love F1 but I am not sure I will buy it this year.
They do not make big enough changes to warrant the full price.

Totally agree. For every step forward, it feels like they take a step back.

For example, they introduce co-op championship via multiplayer, but there is no 'Free Run' mode? In fact, there is no 'Custom Race' where the user has full control over the settings and could make their own practice session.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > F1 2013 Announced
2. Re: F1 2013 Announced Jul 15, 2013, 12:53 theglaze

I wonder if the classic F1 cars can be used on the modern tracks, which cannot be assumed when considering GRID 2 DLC. Would be awesome to practice the lines and explore the a track in an old Mclaren that Senna used....

Wait a minute...no reference to Senna or his Championship winning team & cars?

If this is oversight, then it's blatant incompetence and proof once again that the development team are not actually F1 or sim fans. If there are legalities behind the scenes and they couldn't secure the rights, well then that's just a pity.

News Comments > Project CARS on Steam
11. Re: Project CARS on Steam Jul 8, 2013, 18:51 theglaze

Tom wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 17:48:
theglaze wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 16:57:
That is encouraging, and i want Project CARS to work out. It's getting boring with only Turn 10 and Polyphony getting it right.

I guess you haven't tried iRacing...?

I have, but it's not the same style of gameplay nor offers the same amount of content or features, at least not at $50.

Will Project CARS have a similar payment scheme of buy the cars/tracks you want?

7. Re: Project CARS on Steam Jul 8, 2013, 16:57 theglaze

personman_145 wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 16:43:
The tires are under heavy development. Keep in mind, we've only been on the new SETA tire model for the last few months, tires are still being made and tweaked. Right now they are adding the tire heating and wear that seems to be causing all sorts of issues, but is to be expected in pre-alpha with an early implementation. Also FFB is far from final AFAIK. Could account for the disconnected feeling. This all changes from build to build.

I'm sure Dmitri knows this, but those without access to the info we have may not.

We also have 2 pro drivers as handling and physics consultants, and judging by their forum posts, they take the job very seriously.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying it's a bad time to judge the handling.

That is encouraging, and i want Project CARS to work out. It's getting boring with only Turn 10 and Polyphony getting it right.

Codemasters have lost their way and have been drawn towards the warm, fuzzy glow of more revenue and bigger profits (Dirt 3, Dirt: Showdown, F1 2012, GRID 2, IMO all losing features and reducing realism).

5. Re: Project CARS on Steam Jul 8, 2013, 16:40 theglaze

Dmitri_M wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 15:47:
Been an "investor" for a year now. Car handling is an issue. It's not arcade. They seem to be trying for a sim but the cars somehow feel disconnected from the road. The game sorely needs some "ordinary" slower cars, too many super powered monster cars that are quite tough to drive with the disconnected handling. That said, it does look amazing. And driving the nippy Caterhams is fun.

That shouldn't be surprising, just look at the official feature list for the game...

PROJECT CARS represents THE ULTIMATE DRIVER JOURNEY...

FRANCHISE MODE allows you to carve out a personalized career starting in the Karting world and then progressing on to whichever motorsport specialization you prefer including Rally, Touring Cars, Open-Wheel, GT, Le Mans, and many more!

Play CO-OP with a friend as Driver/Co-Driver

FULL TEAM MANAGEMENT... Have a large number of friends? Create, manage, and compete together!

Experience the excitement of PIT STOPS like you've never seen before!

Revolutionary PIT-2-CAR RADIO gives you the strategic advantage

DYNAMIC Time Of Day & Localized Weather make every race unique and challenging

10+ GAME MODES covering every form of motorsport

CLOUD-BASED SOCIAL NETWORK allows you to connect with friends, compare times & scores, compete and challenge each other, and share content

USER-GENERATED CONTENT - Create your own liveries, decals, tuning setups, and even events! Then share them with the world - either for free, in-game credits or even real money!

PUSHING TO THE LIMITS - Advanced physics, lighting, and AI

Last and very least, car physics! lol

News Comments > Brain Overclocking Headset
11. Re: Brain Overclocking Headset Jul 5, 2013, 15:35 theglaze

swedishfriend wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 12:42:
I would suggest playing zone mode in Wipeout HD instead. That will speed up you brain safely and effectively.

RIP Studio Liverpool (Psygnosis). You're why I bought my PS3 and why I will keep it.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 3, 2013, 10:55 theglaze

Team 17 is being ambitious with this new title, and it's about time. Armageddon always had a strong backbone of skill too it: despite the silly presentation it had surprising depth. It looks like they are aiming to recreate that, but they shouldn't go too far with it.

Turned based games must force the player to realize that the mistake or good move he made 2-3 turns ago was the pivotal point. If they go overboard with Flying Monkeys or whatever else, then the game will feel more like a dice roll where skilled moves are overshadowed by lucky drops. A tricky balance to get right.

I thought Reloaded was a disappointment, and I'm ready for Team 17 to redeem themselves! Day 1 purchase for me.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 3, 2013, 10:05 theglaze

we aren't convinced its visuals warrant that kind of GPU power.

ditto

I thought it was just my setup, but looks like CoH2 performance is unacceptable for everyone. According to these benches, a $1000 rig can't churn out more than 30FPS on max settings @ 1080P? That's unacceptable for the PC platform.

There have been a couple large updates already, and one would hope they'll make the code more efficient once they fix the game breaking issues.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 28, 2013, 13:31 theglaze

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 13:12:
Oh Jesus, another take on the video games cause behavior argument.

Or the first?

This is the first study showing that exposure to risk-glorifying video games actually increases real-life health-related risk-taking behavior.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 28, 2013, 12:59 theglaze

After taking a word test designed to measure whether risk-taking was on their minds, the students were asked whether they were interested in taking a saliva test that “would identify a rare but important metabolic disorder.” There was no charge, but they were informed that they’d have to wait for 20 minutes while the saliva sample was analyzed.

Only 12 of the participants who played one of the racing games agreed to take the saliva test, compared to 28 who blew it off. Among those who played the other games, a majority (24) agreed to take the test, while 17 opted out.

Suuuure

They had University students play Need for Speed where they're running red lights and smashing the competition out of the way in a crazy dash to 1st place....skipping on the test is not risk taking, its impatience.

The other group had to play Tetris or UEFA, and I bet if they forced them to play those games at a faster speed with quicker decision making, then their impatience to wait for 20 minutes would change too.

It's not risk-glofying, it's speed of gameplay that caused the impatience which led to them skipping the tests.

Stupid shits...hell the lead psychologists even looks stupid

News Comments > MotoGP 13 Demo
1. Re: MotoGP 13 Demo Jun 12, 2013, 13:07 theglaze

When was the last decent motorcycle game?  

News Comments > Codemasters Stake Sold
1. Re: Codemasters Stake Sold Jun 10, 2013, 11:15 theglaze

Reliance Entertainment, latest movie productions include such Bollywood classics as Singham and Bodyguard.

I can't wait for the annoying "hey dude put it on youtube" voices of Dirt 3 and GRID 2 to be accented with Hindi Bollywood stars....

News Comments > GRID 2 Cockpit Mode?
26. Re: GRID 2 Cockpit Mode? May 29, 2013, 17:09 theglaze

Rattlehead wrote on May 29, 2013, 14:16:
the game is obviously designed with a controller in mind, because using a wheel is fucking awkward as hell. The deadzones are all sorts of fucked up.

Damnit...the original GRID was the same way, just didn't feel good despite the wheel feedback. Considering the arcade fun of F1 2012 and Dirt 3, I thought Codemasters would at least be able to make it work in GRID 2.

Looks like they are committed to catering to sheeple. Saw this coming though, look what they did to the Dirt series: removed Pikes Peak, removed +5min rally races, heck I even miss the slow ass trucks.

Then in F1, they've yet to make a timing chart available in all modes besides races, and multiplayer modes are limited to just qualifying and races...can't even goof around with friends in a hot lap mode, or spectate a friend and give advise on how to drive a car in a crappy F1 "simulator"

Look how bitter you've made me CM!

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews May 29, 2013, 12:39 theglaze

I've looked at every PC review for GRID 2, and not one reviewer mentioned the handling of the cars with a gaming wheel. GRID one handled much better with a game pad, andI had hopes that CM would develop GRID 2 on a stronger foundation that was wheel capable. Looks like they didn't.

Glad I didn't preorder.

News Comments > Xbox One Announced
143. Re: Xbox One Announced May 22, 2013, 00:50 theglaze

NegaDeath wrote on May 21, 2013, 22:25:
Consoles have held PC gaming back so much technologically that any forward movement is most welcome.

Yeah, especially AI. It seemed like every new and well produced title had AI moments where it felt like "whoa never seen AI do that before"...half this generation has been just scripted behavior and events. But hey, Lara's hair looks great, doesn't it?

News Comments > Counterstrike: GO Operation Payback Pays Map Authors
7. Re: Counterstrike: GO Operation Payback Pays Map Authors Apr 26, 2013, 18:59 theglaze

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 17:03:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 15:25:
siapnar wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 11:00:
I really hope someday they make a truly updated version of CS with better animation and graphics rivaling that of today's best.

I get it, it is an arcade shooter, but it would be better if it wasn't 80% headshots with weapons that in now way in hell would do a headshot at that distance - sort of game.

Spammy and gets old quick.

What, you don't like the 100 yard 9mm headshot? (From a 4" pistol barrel, no less?)

There's no doubt that they've changed the gameplay and gun balancing to encourage to different experience than previous CS games. In competitive play, a 5 man glock rush during pistol round use to favor CT's on most maps, but now requires steady counter grenades and flashes to neutralize the impact. Unfortunately GO flash/smoke grenades seem to be the most inconsistent yet, and that's where I find the most frustration.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
61. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 5, 2013, 20:20 theglaze

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 19:29:
Unless they lock the framerate of PC ports to 30FPS so it doesn't break things like animations which they hard coded to only look correct at 30.

Usually those games aren't worth playing anyways.

Keep in mind a lot of people use consoles on their TV's with 120Hz or 240Hz smoothing enabled, despite the gimmickry and input lag.

News Comments > TF2 Oculus Rift Details
10. Re: TF2 Oculus Rift Details Mar 19, 2013, 12:45 theglaze

TF2 with VR is a reach.

One of the best genres will be racing sims. You want immersion? How about a hydraulic sim seat with VR? I'm going to start saving up now...

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Adding Occulus Rift Support
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Adding Occulus Rift Support Mar 18, 2013, 21:28 theglaze

If you can dodge a jar of piss, you can dodge a ball.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Crysis 3; Review Roundup
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 3; Review Roundup Feb 19, 2013, 21:39 theglaze

Best review summary I've seen so far:

The first game’s soul was traded away by Crysis 2....Crysis 3 has neither direction nor freedom, though it does have human weapons, alien weapons, a cloaking device, an Armour mode, and a bow. And with this many options at your disposal, Crysis 3 insists, surely you must be having fun. - Edge

I'll check it out for the graphics, maybe showoff what a PC can do to consolers, and rub it in that next-gen consoles can't even pull this off

511 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo