Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 620 (Apprentice)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Redout Announced
1. Re: Redout Announced Jun 14, 2016, 15:08 theglaze

Whoa, yeah thats a wipeout+f-zero style combo for sure...the VR must be disorienting at those speeds though? I wonder if there is a user impression from the show floor...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Jun 10, 2016, 13:28 theglaze

CSGO Release Notes: "On Valve official servers, the current map will be excluded from the vote options at the end of a match."

OMG!

I have been asking for that for soooooo dammmnnnn looooong. CS is not all about de_dust2 or cs_office, there are many more maps that need to be played and learnt in order to understand the metagame of Counter-Strike. The revotes on dust2 are ridiculous, have always been ridiculous, and it's about time Valve is forcing players to play the other 90% of the content they've created for the players.

Same thing goes for weapons; the arsenal is remarkably balanced compared to what it use to be. SMG's have a distinct close/mid-range advantage over rifles., and shotguns even more so. Dust2 is such a rifle driven map, I wonder if people will also explore more weapons now that it wouldn't be played 50% of the time in public games.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer
30. Re: Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer Jun 8, 2016, 14:51 theglaze

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 21:01:
theglaze wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 13:45:
FPS war games these days are too clean. Thy don't have grit or a hard edge, instead it's bright colours, pretty lights, and soft animations.

BF1 looks like it might go in the other direction, reintroducing the terror and ugliness of war.

The Battlefield games have ALWAYS had he best atmosphere and sounds. This could be great...

Are you a paid shill?

Optimism looks weird, huh?

18. Re: Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer Jun 7, 2016, 13:45 theglaze

FPS war games these days are too clean. Thy don't have grit or a hard edge, instead it's bright colours, pretty lights, and soft animations.

BF1 looks like it might go in the other direction, reintroducing the terror and ugliness of war.

The Battlefield games have ALWAYS had he best atmosphere and sounds. This could be great...

12. Re: Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer Jun 7, 2016, 12:56 theglaze

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 12:07:
Malachii wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 11:17:
Negativity in comments at Blues has increased over the last few years. Figured its a generational thing. /shrug

I for one cannot wait for this title. I will not however be doing the season pass as I have in the past. Very bitter on those wasted $.

There is something about the progression system in BF games that I totally dig.

You mean the progression system that should have been used in Battlefront?

Sorry after Hardlines and Battlefront (and personally not a huge fan of WW games) there is no way in hell.

Bad Company 2 had the best system:

• Level 1 through 50 with XP totals per lvl increasing exponentially its no "pres

• Main, class only weapons/items were only unlocked after several hours of gameplay, making you appreciate what you got and no prestige ranks

• Some of the best weapons were unlocked after +20 hours of gameplay with a class, which gave those weapons 'rarity' on the battlefield, but individual skill and tactic still exceeded any weapon advantage
  •  

9. Re: Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer Jun 7, 2016, 11:28 theglaze

Can't wait to go medieval on peoples digital asses in the trenches with blunt and/or sharp melee weapons!

COME AT ME MUTHA FUCKAS!!!

*smack*

*thud*

*whack*

KILL STREAK!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
    3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 6, 2016, 14:09 theglaze

The SLI/Crossife link doesn't work for me.

I've SLI'ed a couple setups because it wasn't possible (at the time) to push a 1080p 120hz monitor with a single video card. Now the top end monitor is 1440p @ 144Hz, and guess what, I think that needs 2x 1070 too! I haven't really experimented with G-SYNC, so I can't comment on what the gaming experience is like jumping between Hz and FPS speeds, but certainly a single card has more options now to provide smooth playback.

Overwatch, btw, runs amazingly well in SLI, one of the best experiences I've ever had with significant FPS gains.

[Edit] And that's the power of SLI, I'm running 2x670, now 4 generations old, and I can push the latest Bliixard creation at max speeds and quality. I bought these suckers years ago...

News Comments > Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed
    21. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 13:35 theglaze

Yifes wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 12:51:
    theglaze wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 11:32:
    I may consider it when they put in a ranking system for competitive play, not because I'm a hardcore fragger, but because there is a horde of Blizzard fans that only know casual gameplay and are newbs with first-person-shooter dynamics, team tactics, and teamwork via voice comm.

Maybe for consoles, but most PC players would have played some sort of team based shooter like TF2 or CS.

Also, given how matchmaking is skill based, consistently being matched with players who "only know casual gameplay and are newbs with first-person-shooter dynamics" would mean you're just as bad as they are.

I only played the open beta and was paired against opponents that were lvl 20 when I was lvl 3. It was 6 straight matches even with re-queues. Didn't seem like intelligent match making that used skill, level, or overall play time...but hey it was just the beta.

20. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 13:31 theglaze

Jagacademy wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 12:37:
    theglaze wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 11:42:
    Also, I also played this on a PS4 with 5.1 surround sound on a big screen TV...it was a fantastic experience with beautiful and smooth graphics, amazing sound, and the gameplay works great with a gamepad

I can do the same speakers on a PC, using the same TV as a monitor, with even better graphics, more gameplay options, and aim significantly better with a mouse than the most elite console players. If you're trying to argue the merits of a console vs PC, you will lose everytime.

I was just sharing the console experience because most people here are PC users. Calm down.

11. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 11:42 theglaze

Also, I also played this on a PS4 with 5.1 surround sound on a big screen TV...it was a fantastic experience with beautiful and smooth graphics, amazing sound, and the gameplay works great with a gamepad  

10. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 11:32 theglaze

I may consider it when they put in a ranking system for competitive play, not because I'm a hardcore fragger, but because there is a horde of Blizzard fans that only know casual gameplay and are newbs with first-person-shooter dynamics, team tactics, and teamwork via voice comm.  

News Comments > F1 2016 Announced
    3. Re: F1 2016 Announced May 28, 2016, 11:21 theglaze

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 28, 2016, 06:10:
    This franchise is dying. I was a huge fan in the beginning but it hasn't just stagnated, it's actually gone backwards. Look at the Steam user reviews for F1 2015 - 60% are negative. Developing on a yearly cycle just isn't conducive to good games.

Yup, and the only thing that really kept fans interested over all these releases has been the open-ish-code for modding. They had community made liveries on the cars and helmets, telemetry apps, and visual mods to improve the colours, textures, and post-processing effects. Every new release felt like "Hmmm, ok, ____ from the community will fix that"...

But Codies flipped the bird to the modders with F1 2015 when they introduced a new engine and encrypted most of the code. Mods have significantly decreased in quality and quantity.

So why am I still hopeful?

Codies are applying the "listen to the fans" mentality which gave them great success with rejuvenating the Dirt franchise and releasing a game the fans want to get behind. Months ago Codies opened up the conversation with a feedback poll asking the fans about various aspects of F1 and what they want to see from the franchise.

Also, in my opinion, the force feedback through the wheel has changed with each title. And most of those changes have been for the better.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
    3. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2016, 11:56 theglaze

El Pit wrote on May 24, 2016, 11:14:
    RE article
    Appletology will never fail! They just need their own Tom Cruise (maybe di Caprio can be hired?) for propaganda.

Oh man they are way ahead of you, Apple just signed on the Cookie Monster a couple months ago, seen here via YouTube.

News Comments > Talos Principle 2 Revealed
    1. Re: Talos Principle 2 Revealed May 20, 2016, 10:02 theglaze

If you like puzzle games, and don't mind a game with class, try and pick this one up or wish list it for the Steam sale.  

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup
    52. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup May 17, 2016, 18:12 theglaze

Overon wrote on May 17, 2016, 17:23:
    I don't get it why these niche high end graphics cards get so much press. Look at the Steam hardware surveys. Like 2% of Steam users actually have these super high end graphics card. The vast majority have midrange ones. I understand that these high end cards are profitable. But I wonder if midrange cards could make up for the low profitability by selling in high volume?

Anyway what I'm trying to say is who cares about a $700 card? So few people actually buy one yet everyone loses their shit when some new card is announced. I prefer the price/performance ratio as an indicator of what card to buy.

NVIDIA is not just selling the 1080, they're advertising the whole GTX brand. Same reason why Chevy makes a Corvette or Nissan with the GTR, it's the product of engineerig achievement. They sell it for a healthy profit to the minority that can afford it, while most of the technology trickles down to the rest of the product lineup that's aimed at mainstream NVIDIA customers. They've done a great job over the last few generations, there's a compelling video card at every price point...or maybe it just seems compelling because AMD keeps getting stuck in mud.

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup
    31. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup May 17, 2016, 14:50 theglaze

Fast Sync

Any word yet on which generations are capable of this new mode?

A lot of these reviews lack actual opinion about the features during gaming, just started regurgitation of marketing material with a smattering of bar graphs.

News Comments > Riff Racer Released
    1. Re: Riff Racer Released May 12, 2016, 18:24 theglaze

Interesting.

I'm a fan of Audiosurf, one of my preferred games to play when listening to new music. This one may be too intense to really focus on the tunes though, especially multiplayer, but it could be fun.

News Comments > Game Reviews
    4. Re: Game Reviews May 10, 2016, 17:45 theglaze

Quinn wrote on May 10, 2016, 17:27:
    I can't see this come off the ground with the pricetag involved on both the VR and the PC hardware necessary to run games properly. I can't see publishers willing to invest in making VR games, if only a relative handful of rich elitists are your target group.

I'm tired of the 'it's too expensive' argument.

1) Technology always get's more capable and cheaper over time. Look at smart phones, models that went went for $300 plus a contract a couple years ago are being given away for free.

2) Gaming is a hobby, and like all hobbies, there are different levels of commitment and investment. If someone likes golf but can only afford miniature golf and plastic putters, that doesn't mean $800 drivers and 18 hole golf courses shouldn't exist.

It's called early adoption. Google it. This is all part of bigger movement. The impatience of "it needs to be better today" is ignorant consumerism.

Please don't take it personally, your perspective is very common.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
    1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 9, 2016, 21:13 theglaze

Hahahaha! That CS:GO clutch fail by walking directly into his own fire...priceless! And to be a sub and cost your team the match in doing so, ouch!  

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced
    45. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 7, 2016, 22:00 theglaze

wtf_man wrote on May 7, 2016, 18:07:
    Well... I actually watched the whole reveal last night... and that simultaneous multi-projection tech is pretty neat... can drive 3 monitors with 2 angled in and no distortion / warping (perspective is corrected).

That might be worth the upgrade for me from my GTX 680 with only 1 monitor.

1080 Reveal

Go 51 minutes into the video and watch till 58 minutes.

Thanks for that.

I bought two additional monitors for triple screen gaming a couple years ago. Couldn't believe how distorted it looked with my SLI'ed cards. At the time I didn't understand why it looked terrible, thought it was more game related than hardware. Pretty neat stuff from NVIDIA to fix that for one card.

620 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 17.
    < Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo