Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 513 (Apprentice)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
4. Re: New GeForce Drivers May 2, 2016, 21:26 theglaze

The Half Elf wrote on May 2, 2016, 20:50:
Wonder how much of a shit show Forza is going to be.

Was never a car game person until the Forza series.

Me too, a lot of sim racers have never played the series and shit on it because 'console' even though it was way more fun than most sims on the PC. It may be simcade, but they were the best at it.

I skipped the XB1 release because of how much the PC sims have grown. And now with Forza on PC too, I can skip the console and use my computer.

Unless, as you suggest, M$ fucks it all up! *curses*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed
13. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed May 2, 2016, 11:48 theglaze

NegaDeath wrote on May 2, 2016, 11:37:
nin wrote on May 2, 2016, 09:41:
If the rumor of a BF 2142 followup are true, it sounds like Activision is trying to beat them out of the gate...

Was gonna say this does seem like they're trying to take the wind out of the supposed Battlefield announcement this week. Especially if it turns out to be a 2142 sequel.

I'm not sure if it matters...both camps have a lot of fanboys who are disinterested in one or the other. regardless of what that franchise shows off.

Anyone swayed by announcements (like today's) will also likely be swayed by the ads and marketing that builds up towards the launch date...which is why these guys dump huge sums into that.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed
9. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed May 2, 2016, 11:20 theglaze

Call of Duty: IN SPACE!

About bloody time...

News Comments > Battlefield Reveal Next Week?
13. Re: Battlefield Reveal Next Week? Apr 29, 2016, 17:43 theglaze

Wash Washburne wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 12:17:
NegaDeath wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 11:25:
Assuming the WW1 rumors don't pan out I'd love to see a return to Vietnam now that modern technology can do jungle & forests realistically. I miss the music playing from the vehicles.

Battlefield: Bad Company-Vietnam perhaps?
Would be nice to see the re-spark of the Bad Company 2 vibe.

Put me down as another vote for Bad Company 2 vibe.

TangledThorns wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 16:41:
I'm hoping the next game will support 128 players but I doubt it'll happen.

The problem I have with this and where I think they started to go wrong with BF3 and off the rails with BF4, is that an INDIVIDUAL cannot influence those big public game servers like one could do in Bad Company 2.

In BC2, I could have a truly heroic moment by somehow saving and MCOMM station from blowing up at the last second, or getting a plant when there was almost no time left. And the entire server then descends into frantic chaos towards the objective.

With 64 player servers or larger, either:

A. The map is simply too large with empty space, and zones of combat are disconnected with significant travel time required to get there.

B. There end up being 10 snipers on the other and ANYONE caught in dead-mans-land that isn't moving around like an erratic butterfly gets drilled in the head.

There's a balance between squad and individual tactics, infantry and vehicles, heroics and stalemate.

And Bad Company 2 hit that perfectly, compared to what has become of the franchise.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Bonus Weekend
3. Re: Killing Floor 2 Bonus Weekend Apr 29, 2016, 11:47 theglaze

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 03:41:
Er, they announced a very clear 'THERE WILL BE NO WIPES, DON'T WORRY, PLAY ALL YOU WANT' at E3 last year... I'm not aware of any indication that they've gone back on that.

From the store page: A note from the PC Gaming Show at E3: we will NOT, repeat NOT, being wiping stats and achievements during Early Access or at any time, so go get 'em!Ē

To me, that doesn't say XP. So....

News Comments > New CoD Title Revealed?
14. Re: New CoD Title Revealed? Apr 27, 2016, 12:36 theglaze

PHJF wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 12:29:
Your point? Call of Duty's demographic is almost entirely made up of 18-30 males. It's the archetypal "bro" game.

I think it's 10 to 25.

10. Re: New CoD Title Revealed? Apr 27, 2016, 12:24 theglaze

nin wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 11:42:
theglaze wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 11:39:
Don't expect this franchise to go anywhere or slow down: there will always be tween/teenage boys full of angst and an unwillingness to do homework who are overdosing on Mountain Dew and leftover stuff crust pie from Pizza Hut.

Ah, the joys of stereotyping complete strangers with different tastes...

You're missing my point.

Call of Duty is fucking sweet to any kid who's allowed to consume gun violence. Keep in mind that the game is rated for M for +17. And there are always more and more of those kids, above and below that age, who want the game because, A) gun violence entertainment isn't diminishing, and B) natural population growth. COD is the juggernaut in its genre and will forever be. I've bought a few myself and quite enjoyed them.

And the rest of my comment is a joke full of half truths. Some people prefer Dr. Pepper over the Dew...

5. Re: New CoD Title Revealed? Apr 27, 2016, 11:39 theglaze

Don't expect this franchise to go anywhere or slow down: there will always be tween/teenage boys full of angst and an unwillingness to do homework who are overdosing on Mountain Dew and leftover stuff crust pie from Pizza Hut.  

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Opens
31. Re: DOOM Open Beta Opens Apr 15, 2016, 22:56 theglaze

theglaze wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 13:17:
Anyone know the install dir size on this beta?

14 GB

Yes, I answered my own question lol

17. Re: DOOM Open Beta Opens Apr 15, 2016, 15:14 theglaze

Slick wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 15:06:
How has no one mentioned this yet? Call yourselves #MasterRace?

The game is CAPPED AT 60 FPS. On an engine level. No way to disable it.

I played one round, went 21-3, then immediately uninstalled.

Fucking console GARBAGE. it's 2016. anyone who buys this game for PC needs to be publicly humiliated.

Whaaaaaaaat?!

I assumed the new id Tech engine would have more flexibility since the negative feedback from Rage. I guess not. So just same shit, different pile.

11. Re: DOOM Open Beta Opens Apr 15, 2016, 13:17 theglaze

Anyone know the install dir size on this beta?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 13, 2016, 14:47 theglaze

KTR wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 14:09:
Have you seen the new GT350R? Too good.

There are a lot of awesome cars at +$60,000, but yes, that Shelby is a must test drive in its price bracket.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 13, 2016, 12:41 theglaze

Mustang is more of a chick car than a MX-5 aka Miata...  

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Tourney Sets Records
11. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Tourney Sets Records Apr 12, 2016, 15:46 theglaze

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 11:20:
theglaze wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 10:42:
Divide by 5 because of all of the alternate accounts people had streaming to try and get spectator drops...

wat?

Lemme get this shit straight: You get game item drops just from watching a fucking stream these days??

WTF?????????????

Oh my dear old Counter-Strike how thou hath fallen...

Yup, after every competitive round played that you spectated, something like 0.3% of spectators received an item drop. So over the course of an entire match, it ended up closer to 10%. The more CSGO accounts you own and streamed with, the more drops you can get.

A friend of mine got a Cobblestone souvenir box of skins, sold it for $25 USD and bought a Steam game on his wish list.

10. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Tourney Sets Records Apr 12, 2016, 15:41 theglaze

bhcompy wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 13:38:
VaranDragon wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 12:04:
I tried a few rounds of CS:GO a few months ago, but it just felt crap to me. Which was weird because the last time I played CS before that (I believe it was CS: Source) it played and felt pretty good.

I've played both(as well as CS since beta 3). GO and Source aren't that much different in feel to me. The only problem is finding base pubbie servers. Everything is a goddamned surf or idle server. So basically, you play ranked, or don't play at all most of the time, and ranked games take a long time to complete.

Yeah Valve really did kill the whole "pub" gameplay.

I use to have a dozen favorite servers that I'd frag in. They were supported by the regulars and admins, had more of an afterwork hangout feel to it. Some admins would enforce their own rules and keep the communities clean or at least in line with their opinions and values, mostly for the better.

Now? Each Valve game mode is a rainbow mash of different players and personalities where often the loudest and worst people attempt to troll the server.

It didn't use to be like this Value...you broke it!!!!

1. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Tourney Sets Records Apr 12, 2016, 10:42 theglaze

Divide by 5 because of all of the alternate accounts people had streaming to try and get spectator drops...  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns
23. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 3, 2016, 16:06 theglaze

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Tesla just launched their market penetrating Model 3, and look at the agreement they have, or take a look at Fitbit which loads of people use. Every technology focused industry plays this game.

This is capitalism in 2016. Take solace in knowing you are one of hundreds of millions of users, and the businesses don't actually care about you specifically.

Sure data robbery by pimple faced hackers or digital criminals is always possible, and they may specifically hurt you, but your more likely to get mugged on the street or tricked/exploited by a shady business you deal with in person.

There's no story here, just fear mongering.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
4. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 30, 2016, 15:03 theglaze

sauron wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 11:54:
Dang, every review of the Rift I have read has been absolutely stellar. I guess it really is the real deal.

Anyone here tried it?

Stellar reviews despite most I've read claiming some level of motion sickness.

I think after enough use, the mind will adjust. Most no gamers find intense 2D games too overwhelming (like wipeout). I recall having a hard time with the Rock Band and Guitar Hero titles with all the damn scrolling, but after a few hours I adjusted to that.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2016, 16:07 theglaze

[quote="Trackmania Turbo on PC Invasion wrote on Mar 25, 2016, 10:21] Itís as if Trackmania grew up and got a proper job and a mortgage; itís more sensible and socially acceptable now, but some of the spark that made it so engaging has been lost in the transition
That's an odd line to end a review with lol

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 10:39 theglaze

I've used f.lux for some time now, and it doesn't take long to adjust to it. Often I have people remark "what is wrong with your colours" because I forgot it was engaged. And then when I switch it off, they go "wow it's really bright now!"

Unfortunately I cannot help you with the mouse cursor :\

513 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo