Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 509 (Apprentice)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > F1 2016 Announced
3. Re: F1 2016 Announced May 28, 2016, 11:21 theglaze

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 28, 2016, 06:10:
This franchise is dying. I was a huge fan in the beginning but it hasn't just stagnated, it's actually gone backwards. Look at the Steam user reviews for F1 2015 - 60% are negative. Developing on a yearly cycle just isn't conducive to good games.

Yup, and the only thing that really kept fans interested over all these releases has been the open-ish-code for modding. They had community made liveries on the cars and helmets, telemetry apps, and visual mods to improve the colours, textures, and post-processing effects. Every new release felt like "Hmmm, ok, ____ from the community will fix that"...

But Codies flipped the bird to the modders with F1 2015 when they introduced a new engine and encrypted most of the code. Mods have significantly decreased in quality and quantity.

So why am I still hopeful?

Codies are applying the "listen to the fans" mentality which gave them great success with rejuvenating the Dirt franchise and releasing a game the fans want to get behind. Months ago Codies opened up the conversation with a feedback poll asking the fans about various aspects of F1 and what they want to see from the franchise.

Also, in my opinion, the force feedback through the wheel has changed with each title. And most of those changes have been for the better.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2016, 11:56 theglaze

El Pit wrote on May 24, 2016, 11:14:
RE article
Appletology will never fail! They just need their own Tom Cruise (maybe di Caprio can be hired?) for propaganda.

Oh man they are way ahead of you, Apple just signed on the Cookie Monster a couple months ago, seen here via YouTube.

News Comments > Talos Principle 2 Revealed
1. Re: Talos Principle 2 Revealed May 20, 2016, 10:02 theglaze

If you like puzzle games, and don't mind a game with class, try and pick this one up or wish list it for the Steam sale.  

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup
52. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup May 17, 2016, 18:12 theglaze

Overon wrote on May 17, 2016, 17:23:
I don't get it why these niche high end graphics cards get so much press. Look at the Steam hardware surveys. Like 2% of Steam users actually have these super high end graphics card. The vast majority have midrange ones. I understand that these high end cards are profitable. But I wonder if midrange cards could make up for the low profitability by selling in high volume?

Anyway what I'm trying to say is who cares about a $700 card? So few people actually buy one yet everyone loses their shit when some new card is announced. I prefer the price/performance ratio as an indicator of what card to buy.

NVIDIA is not just selling the 1080, they're advertising the whole GTX brand. Same reason why Chevy makes a Corvette or Nissan with the GTR, it's the product of engineerig achievement. They sell it for a healthy profit to the minority that can afford it, while most of the technology trickles down to the rest of the product lineup that's aimed at mainstream NVIDIA customers. They've done a great job over the last few generations, there's a compelling video card at every price point...or maybe it just seems compelling because AMD keeps getting stuck in mud.

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup
31. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup May 17, 2016, 14:50 theglaze

Fast Sync

Any word yet on which generations are capable of this new mode?

A lot of these reviews lack actual opinion about the features during gaming, just started regurgitation of marketing material with a smattering of bar graphs.

News Comments > Riff Racer Released
1. Re: Riff Racer Released May 12, 2016, 18:24 theglaze

Interesting.

I'm a fan of Audiosurf, one of my preferred games to play when listening to new music. This one may be too intense to really focus on the tunes though, especially multiplayer, but it could be fun.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews May 10, 2016, 17:45 theglaze

Quinn wrote on May 10, 2016, 17:27:
I can't see this come off the ground with the pricetag involved on both the VR and the PC hardware necessary to run games properly. I can't see publishers willing to invest in making VR games, if only a relative handful of rich elitists are your target group.

I'm tired of the 'it's too expensive' argument.

1) Technology always get's more capable and cheaper over time. Look at smart phones, models that went went for $300 plus a contract a couple years ago are being given away for free.

2) Gaming is a hobby, and like all hobbies, there are different levels of commitment and investment. If someone likes golf but can only afford miniature golf and plastic putters, that doesn't mean $800 drivers and 18 hole golf courses shouldn't exist.

It's called early adoption. Google it. This is all part of bigger movement. The impatience of "it needs to be better today" is ignorant consumerism.

Please don't take it personally, your perspective is very common.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 9, 2016, 21:13 theglaze

Hahahaha! That CS:GO clutch fail by walking directly into his own fire...priceless! And to be a sub and cost your team the match in doing so, ouch!  

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced
45. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 7, 2016, 22:00 theglaze

wtf_man wrote on May 7, 2016, 18:07:
Well... I actually watched the whole reveal last night... and that simultaneous multi-projection tech is pretty neat... can drive 3 monitors with 2 angled in and no distortion / warping (perspective is corrected).

That might be worth the upgrade for me from my GTX 680 with only 1 monitor.

1080 Reveal

Go 51 minutes into the video and watch till 58 minutes.

Thanks for that.

I bought two additional monitors for triple screen gaming a couple years ago. Couldn't believe how distorted it looked with my SLI'ed cards. At the time I didn't understand why it looked terrible, thought it was more game related than hardware. Pretty neat stuff from NVIDIA to fix that for one card.

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch
25. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 6, 2016, 15:12 theglaze

Yifes wrote on May 6, 2016, 15:06:
If Suppa was talking about cars he'd think he's seen it all after the invention of the model T.

LOL

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch
16. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 6, 2016, 13:47 theglaze

I stopped playing TF2 when it got all crazy with crafting, but the thing that stands out the most is the player count.

A. Overwatch has a much lower team size compared to TF2, and this means, which means newbs, AFKs, and poor teamwork is more obvious and can be a significant disadvantage.

B. Teamwork is a MUST in Overwatch, it's up there with Counter-Strike IMO because your team could be completely outplayed without coordination, aka voice comm.

C. Adapting to the other team by changing classes throughout the match is also required, your can't just pick one class and use it for an entire night, without potentially undermining your team.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Beta
17. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Beta May 5, 2016, 16:50 theglaze

CJ_Parker wrote on May 5, 2016, 16:06:
Flatline wrote on May 5, 2016, 15:58:
Avus wrote on May 5, 2016, 12:18:
I will not waste time on a racing game that has no support steering wheel. I am not even talking about mod support or other features... Play a racing game on my Playseat with a gamepad is ultra retard.

I will paid $10-20USD if MS made this with a proper wheel support (using DirectInput not XInput) and available in Steam (plus other digital distribute that others care). But not this half-a$$ sh!t even if it is free...

How do you launch a racing game with zero wheel support?

Simple.

Step 1: You hire a bunch of monkies who fell off their trees one time too many (i.e. really dumb monkies).

Step 2: You name your company Microsoft.

It's much worse for sales to be labeled "best enjoyed with a wheel", because that market is niche.

Looking at the top 100 games on Steam, the simulators leading the way are Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, not competitors to to Forza like Project Cars and Assetto Corsa (which don't make the list.) Yes, I know that lots of sims do not require or even support Steam.

What is high on the list is Rocket League, and that casual crowd is more of a target for M$ than iRacing or rFactor.

I'm a fan for Forza, Turn 10 have produced technically great titles on Xbox, and I think Forza's presence on PC is good thing for the long term. They can bridge the gap between casual and sim racer, a free albeit gimmick of a launch isn't that bad of a way to kick it off.

I'm curious to see where Apex is by the time (or if?) the next Gran Turismo game comes out for PlayStation.

7. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Beta May 5, 2016, 13:50 theglaze

Avus wrote on May 5, 2016, 12:18:
I will not waste time on a racing game that has no support steering wheel. I am not even talking about mod support or other features... Play a racing game on my Playseat with a gamepad is ultra retard.

I will paid $10-20USD if MS made this with a proper wheel support (using DirectInput not XInput) and available in Steam (plus other digital distribute that others care). But not this half-a$$ sh!t even if it is free...

Patience.

There's a lot of ignorant and well-justified criticism from the PC-sim crowd via forums. Taking baby steps with this is clearly a smart choice by Microsoft.

3. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Beta May 5, 2016, 11:39 theglaze

I'm REALLY considering upgrading to Windows 10 for this game...been a Forza fan for almost 10 years and always wanted them to bring the series to PC. I skipped the XB1 release because my wheel that was compatible with the 360 would not work with the new Xbox.

I did play the Forza 6 demo on a friends XB1 and HANDS DOWN the XB1 controller is magical with driving a car. The impulse triggers are used fro gas and brake, so when you spin up the tires and loss traction under heavy acceleration, there is vibration feedback from that trigger. Same thing for the brake when you lockup wheels under heavy braking. And with the puddles, you can feel each moment of lost traction through impulse triggers and know exactly what is happening with the car.

So if anyone is serious about this on PC, for sure pickup an XB1 controller for the experience.

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Opens
4. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 11:15 theglaze

It has an elaborate rock-paper-scissors-Spock-liazard feel to it.

I played against some experienced opponents last night, clearly they went through the closed beta, and my team of strangers was destroyed each time.

One of the issues is communication. Blizzard titles usually don't require voice comm for casual modes, but with Overwatch, it's very difficult to win without some attempt at coordination. Other 5vs5 shooters require extensive team talk in order to counter the opponents tactics. It may talk a slight culture shift for the Blizzard fanbase to do that with random players in 10 to 15 minute matches.

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Early Access
3. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Early Access May 3, 2016, 11:39 theglaze

I played for an hour or two last night, hard to comment on balance because there are so many damn characters and abilities. Lots of news not doing things properly, players with more experience really stand out as usual. I'll have to play a lot more before I can comment on the meta game.

I don't fully agree with the Ultimates, some are too powerful,l and some players focus too much on getting the most out of their Ultimate, rather than using all their other abilities to consistently influence the game.

"Play of the Game" gets a nod from me, helps new players learn, and will also push make the gameplay evolve faster because great plays/tactics will be less of a secret.

It also looks like it will play well on a console too...

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
4. Re: New GeForce Drivers May 2, 2016, 21:26 theglaze

The Half Elf wrote on May 2, 2016, 20:50:
Wonder how much of a shit show Forza is going to be.

Was never a car game person until the Forza series.

Me too, a lot of sim racers have never played the series and shit on it because 'console' even though it was way more fun than most sims on the PC. It may be simcade, but they were the best at it.

I skipped the XB1 release because of how much the PC sims have grown. And now with Forza on PC too, I can skip the console and use my computer.

Unless, as you suggest, M$ fucks it all up! *curses*

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed
13. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed May 2, 2016, 11:48 theglaze

NegaDeath wrote on May 2, 2016, 11:37:
nin wrote on May 2, 2016, 09:41:
If the rumor of a BF 2142 followup are true, it sounds like Activision is trying to beat them out of the gate...

Was gonna say this does seem like they're trying to take the wind out of the supposed Battlefield announcement this week. Especially if it turns out to be a 2142 sequel.

I'm not sure if it matters...both camps have a lot of fanboys who are disinterested in one or the other. regardless of what that franchise shows off.

Anyone swayed by announcements (like today's) will also likely be swayed by the ads and marketing that builds up towards the launch date...which is why these guys dump huge sums into that.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed
9. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed May 2, 2016, 11:20 theglaze

Call of Duty: IN SPACE!

About bloody time...

News Comments > Battlefield Reveal Next Week?
13. Re: Battlefield Reveal Next Week? Apr 29, 2016, 17:43 theglaze

Wash Washburne wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 12:17:
NegaDeath wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 11:25:
Assuming the WW1 rumors don't pan out I'd love to see a return to Vietnam now that modern technology can do jungle & forests realistically. I miss the music playing from the vehicles.

Battlefield: Bad Company-Vietnam perhaps?
Would be nice to see the re-spark of the Bad Company 2 vibe.

Put me down as another vote for Bad Company 2 vibe.

TangledThorns wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 16:41:
I'm hoping the next game will support 128 players but I doubt it'll happen.

The problem I have with this and where I think they started to go wrong with BF3 and off the rails with BF4, is that an INDIVIDUAL cannot influence those big public game servers like one could do in Bad Company 2.

In BC2, I could have a truly heroic moment by somehow saving and MCOMM station from blowing up at the last second, or getting a plant when there was almost no time left. And the entire server then descends into frantic chaos towards the objective.

With 64 player servers or larger, either:

A. The map is simply too large with empty space, and zones of combat are disconnected with significant travel time required to get there.

B. There end up being 10 snipers on the other and ANYONE caught in dead-mans-land that isn't moving around like an erratic butterfly gets drilled in the head.

There's a balance between squad and individual tactics, infantry and vehicles, heroics and stalemate.

And Bad Company 2 hit that perfectly, compared to what has become of the franchise.

509 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo