Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 619 (Apprentice)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Harsher Overwatch Leaver Penalties Planned
3. Re: Harsher Overwatch Leaver Penalties Planned Jun 9, 2017, 12:12 theglaze

Pigeon wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 11:27:
It would be nice if they allowed back-fills for comp games, just make it so the back-fill couldn't lose SR; maybe make it a user option.

If more aggressive penalties is not working, maybe they should focus on making the experience better for the team down a player.

I’m totally agree with backfills; I don’t understand why they do not permit it.

CSGO is the same; the last comp match I joined, a teammate disconnected in the first 2 minutes… we then had to compete 4(+bot) vs 5 for the next 30 minutes!

Thousands of players are searching for matches every second in Overwatch… why can’t there be a backfill?

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2017, 12:29.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Project CARS 2 in September
5. Re: Project CARS 2 in September Jun 8, 2017, 18:33 theglaze

Gib007 wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 16:44:
I can't deal with racing on a closed track, doing laps and laps. I find it very boring. I like more open road racing from point to point at locations. I hope this one has more of that.

Interesting remark.

You would prefer rally racing, such as that found in Dirt Rally, which is point-to-point time trials and no upgrades are made to the car. Any damage incurred is cumulative and carried throughout the remainder of the event. You have some opportunities to fix things that break, but it's always a balance of trade-offs because you can never fix everything.

Circuit racing is all about learning the track's flow in both racing line and camber per turn, plus bumps and dips as found on laser scanned tracks. With that figured out, it then comes down to tuning the car so it performs best on the circuit in the line you are taking and the way in which you want to drive it (for example: how much do you want the rear-end to step out when you power through a turn).

In comparison to Gran Turismo, all the upgrades you perform on the car result in changes to it's performance, and as a result, it's overall index number. It's then up to the driver to tune the car to their liking to gain the best lap time out of it. It becomes quite interesting to have a mix of cars that are all very different but considered to be the same overall performance by the game. It then comes down to the drivers tune and ability to drive it fast.

News Comments > Project CARS 2 in September
1. Re: Project CARS 2 in September Jun 8, 2017, 12:20 theglaze

Project CARS: The jack-of-all-trades, the king of none.  

News Comments > Overwatch Double XP Weekend
1. Re: Overwatch Double XP Weekend Jun 7, 2017, 14:53 theglaze

....must....unlock....Lucio's Jazzy skin....  

News Comments > DiRT 4 Trailer
8. Re: DiRT 4 Trailer Jun 6, 2017, 17:55 theglaze

IgWannA wrote on Jun 6, 2017, 17:28:
theglaze wrote on Jun 6, 2017, 17:12:
LOC wrote on Jun 6, 2017, 16:54:
IgWannA wrote on Jun 6, 2017, 14:56:
From what I hear they've dumbed down the physics from Dirt Rally and content is lacking, which is a shame.

Not sure where the content is lacking

Here's a quote from the eurogamer review:

but, Wales aside, none of them stir the soul quite like Dirt Rally's Finland, Greece or Monaco. The absence of iconic stages such as Sweet Lamb, the Col de Turini - and, for that matter, Pike's Peak - really hurts Dirt 4. No amount of randomly generated content can offer an effective replacement for such legends.

Funny you quote that since that's the review I read, and the exact quote I was thinking of

Hah yeah, I think that reviewer nailed a really important part of rally as a motorsport: the stages are as much of the experience as the car being driven.

I did Pike's Peak in VR last week via Dirty Rally... mixed asphalt/gravel version in a straight up downpour with no pace notes.

A random turn generator will never provide that experience!

News Comments > DiRT 4 Trailer
6. Re: DiRT 4 Trailer Jun 6, 2017, 17:12 theglaze

LOC wrote on Jun 6, 2017, 16:54:
IgWannA wrote on Jun 6, 2017, 14:56:
From what I hear they've dumbed down the physics from Dirt Rally and content is lacking, which is a shame.

Not sure where the content is lacking

Here's a quote from the eurogamer review:

but, Wales aside, none of them stir the soul quite like Dirt Rally's Finland, Greece or Monaco. The absence of iconic stages such as Sweet Lamb, the Col de Turini - and, for that matter, Pike's Peak - really hurts Dirt 4. No amount of randomly generated content can offer an effective replacement for such legends.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jun 6, 2017, 15:22 theglaze

Reviews for Dirt 4 seem favorable.

I've just grown tired of Codemasters old-school approach to treating each game in a franchise as a standalone entry. They just seem to take steps backwards by dropping features and content from previous entries when they release a new one.

Why isn't the Dirt Rally content here? Cars... tracks? Not even a fraction of it?
Where is VR support, or even promise of DLC support?

With F1 2016, they seemed to turn a new leaf by listening to the fans more and putting in features that should have been included 7 iterations ago (yes, 2010 was the first one). And the 8th is just around the corner...

But Dirt 4 looks like a return to form of short-term-memory development... what is so "weird" about the approach of building upon the previous iteration? Improving upon it's shortcomings without hindering it's strengths?

Nope. Not Codemasters.

News Comments > SpeedRunners Free Weekend
1. Re: SpeedRunners Free Weekend Jun 2, 2017, 17:06 theglaze

Highly recommended.  

News Comments > Overwatch Horizon Lunar Colony Map on the PTR
2. Re: Overwatch Horizon Lunar Colony Map on the PTR Jun 1, 2017, 11:04 theglaze

Pigeon wrote on Jun 1, 2017, 10:12:
It helps the ultimate, but not the McCree buff I was hoping to see. Compared to the other offensive heroes he's the least mobile, has the least survivability, and requires the most amount of mechanical skill. IMO they should increase the stun duration, or do something with his roll to give him more mobility or survivability.

Every hero has weaknesses for balance and to encourage teamwork. It's not that I disagree with you, but solid team support around a McCree that can aim it's as deadly as any other hero.

News Comments > Overwatch Free This Weekend
3. Re: Overwatch Free This Weekend May 26, 2017, 11:30 theglaze

newb weekend?! Fresh meeeeeeeat!  

News Comments > DiRT 4 Rallycross Trailer
2. Re: DiRT 4 Rallycross Trailer May 24, 2017, 17:20 theglaze

Real motorsport racing involves something that does not exist in rallycross: endurance

Tires wear. Fuel decreases. Teams make pit stop decisions/mistakes. Etc.

These races are too short for any of that to be a thing, so it usually makes for boring competition most heats.

Bro-gamer version of this will be distinctly worse as everyone will behave like it's a battle royale and seek to destroy their opponents with each "pass"... which is really just slamming into the other guys car to push him wide and steal the spot.

It will be lame.

News Comments > Overwatch One Year Anniversary Event
10. Re: Overwatch One Year Anniversary Event May 24, 2017, 13:00 theglaze

My take on some of the comments:

- Don’t disregard the obsession of the fan base. I’ve queued with random people who MUST have all the collectables. Paying hundreds of dollars to get more loot boxes, even though they are earned through gameplay, and just so they can have everything. Digital hording is a thing…

- Most people have a “main” hero and most people want the latest stuff for that hero
-Limited time release adds exclusivity to items, keeping things rare… but all can be purchased via in game currency during the event. So it’s more like you have 3 weeks to farm currency to afford what you want, or get lucky and open a loot box to acquire it

- I agree with earning collectables through achievements and teamwork

- I thought the gameplay was getting stale too, however, I’ve fallen into trying to improve my skill with certain hero’s via 3rd part stat tracking (like masteroverwatch.com)

- What is getting old is playing with douche bags, stupid children, and general assholes. Fortunately, it’s significantly better than other popular FPS games, and if you play off peak hours, it’s not as bad

News Comments > Overwatch One Year Anniversary Event
3. Re: Overwatch One Year Anniversary Event May 23, 2017, 18:10 theglaze

I still dig the gameplay, although none of the new modes have stuck with me.  

News Comments > Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days Released
5. Re: Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days Released May 18, 2017, 16:56 theglaze

House wrote on May 18, 2017, 13:48:
Funny, since a large part of what made the movie a classic is that it didn't show the heist.

Cutter wrote on May 18, 2017, 12:56:
Really? Of all the ways to go with this they went with some stupid top down tablet game that has absolutely nothing to do with the actual film itself? Chalk up yet another shitty video game adaptation.

I guess this game could have been a choose-your-own-adventure with dialog based gameplay? Or maybe a dance-rhythm game for slicing off ears? While more accurate to the actual movie, both sound pretty boring to me.

Meanwhile... look at all that blooooood and violence... that's VERY "Tarantino"

News Comments > Overwatch Anniversary Event; Free Weekend; GotY Edition Coming
9. Re: Overwatch Anniversary Event; Free Weekend; GotY Edition Coming May 18, 2017, 11:03 theglaze

Fion wrote on May 17, 2017, 22:50:
Ah, I had an insanely good time with this game, putting a few hundred hours in with a bunch of friends both IRL and Online. Def worth $60 for me. I dropped it a while ago because there's no real reason to play. You can either feel frustrated in competitive or just screw around in casual and feel like your not improving.

There are a lot of people who have left the game for these reasons. They need to institute new modes and fix the problems that make competitive feel frustrating and just not fun.

The competitive scene is fun to watch though, but that's about as much Overwatch as I get into these days.

The only thing frustrating are the people who play a "competitive" mode with a "casual" mindset. I don't know how Blizzard can fix that problem better than they already have.

News Comments > F1 2017 in August
2. Re: F1 2017 in August May 17, 2017, 10:42 theglaze

Unfortunately by the time F1 2017 comes out, the season is half way done! It does take some time to figure out the pecking order, and maybe releasing during the summer break is the best time, but Codies consistently misses that.

Also... without VR, I don't think I care as much now compared to previous years.

I wonder if Dirt 4 will also launch without VR?

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. May 15, 2017, 21:26 theglaze

Rocking Pilot is now available on Steam, offering a new twin-stick shooter for Windows and macOS. Here's the launch trailer

Damn I through you meant an actual twin stick game, aka Virtual On!

News Comments > Battlezone VR Rolls Out for PCs
9. Re: Battlezone VR Rolls Out for PCs May 12, 2017, 12:09 theglaze

jdreyer wrote on May 11, 2017, 20:24:
I'm thinking I might have to get a Rift soon. Oculus doesn't seem to be doing all that well.

Definitely have a couple titles in mind that you want the VR experience for. Entry into PC VR is expensive, and things are changing fast, so your expectations need to be clear.

I got a good deal on a used, but mint Rift, and it is only for sim racing. I am going to skip the first generation of motion controllers and room tracking until the different hardware platforms mature and the VR games have actual video game depth, most are just glorified technical demonstrations of small studios hoping to get bought out.

6. Re: Battlezone VR Rolls Out for PCs May 11, 2017, 17:40 theglaze

Orogogus wrote on May 11, 2017, 17:29:
I feel like there's give and take going on due to the limited resolution of the headsets. My Rift is way more immersive than a monitor, but at the same time I think Eve Valkyrie and Project CARS suffer more from the resolution than other games in my librar

I totally agree, but then I have moments in iRacing where I have a tight battle going on with another driver with clean, wheel-to-wheel passes over the course of several laps... and the Rift makes the experience unbelievably awesome!

I did not invest in motion controllers, which is another reason why Battlezone VR caught my eye because it's primary input is a regular gamepad.

4. Re: Battlezone VR Rolls Out for PCs May 11, 2017, 17:21 theglaze

SpectralMeat wrote on May 11, 2017, 16:08:
This makes me want to buy a Vive if only it wasn't so dang expensive. Not to mention I have to upgrade my PC for this as well.

For simulators (driving, space, flight)... it's a must have. I can't go back to any racing simulator that does not support VR.

When it comes to other experiences, there's still a lot of gimmicky gameplay developed by new studios. It seems like "a lack of depth" is the biggest gripe.

619 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo