Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 513 (Apprentice)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Project CARS 2 This Year
9. Re: Project CARS 2 This Year Feb 8, 2017, 12:52 theglaze

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 12:22:
Sadly nowhere in their PR do they talk about actually making a good racing *game*

I thought PCARS did have the best racing physics of any game, but the actual gameplay was... boring as hell. Damage model was a joke, flag rules non-existent, no league selection, no pitstop crew management.. it was.. just only a car simulation. Racing it did never simulate properly.

Exactly.

Racing!

I think 'racing' can get neglected with simulators as the development team focus on making an authentic driving experience, but fail to provide an entertaining racing experience. Whether it's AI or supporting online multiplayer, so many racing games and driving simulators struggle with it.

And that's why I pay for a subscription to iRacing. It doesn't have the best physics, graphics, and there's NO AI...but the wheel-to-wheel racing is the best out there.

This week's official series for the Blancpain Endurance (Sprint race at 45mins with 1 required pitstop) race is around Suzuka...a battle between AMG GT3, Z4 Gt3, MP412C GT3, R8 GT3, etc on one of the best tracks in the world.

Yes please!

I usually put in about 25 laps in a practice session to get a decent car setup, longer if I don't know the track. Racing events are hosted ever 2 hours, and everyone that registers is split into different groups based on skill and safety.

And you can race as a ghost in actual live races to learn racing lines, strategies, and to practice.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch PTR Update Adds Browser and CTF
1. Re: Overwatch PTR Update Adds Browser and CTF Feb 7, 2017, 18:48 theglaze

If the seasonal arcade event 'Capture the Rooster' is any indication, CTF will be a gimmicky add-on forced on game style that doesn't fit the mode.  

News Comments > Rock Band VR Next Month
6. Re: Rock Band VR Next Month Feb 7, 2017, 12:20 theglaze

Pretty sure I'll develop PTSD after being boo'ed off the stage by an angry cartoon audience...  

News Comments > Husk Released
10. Re: Husk Released Feb 4, 2017, 23:52 theglaze

Got this with the monthly Humble Bundle; it launched on Steam the same day the bundle released. I guess people didn't realize they'd be bug testing lol  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Feb 1, 2017, 23:09 theglaze

Gotta chase'em...20 minutes of high-speed chase in perfect weather conditions is safer than letting that guy get away and not be caught.

I wonder how much dangerous riding he would have done in the next year? 5? What if he was never caught?

News Comments > DiRT 4 Announced
7. Re: DiRT 4 Announced Jan 26, 2017, 17:38 theglaze

NO GYMKHANA GAME MODE!?
KEN BLOCK MISSING FROM TEASER!?

My god...CM may have learnt from past mistakes!

But I will refund via Steam INSTANTLY if some stupid game commentator tells me to "Post your race on YouTube!"

News Comments > Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster
14. Re: Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster Jan 25, 2017, 09:07 theglaze

Meanwhile, the new mode is laughable. Lacks all the drama and tension that CTF should have...they should have limited it to certain heroes and stretched out the map more or made a new one.  

News Comments > Overwatch Event and PTR Plans
4. Re: Overwatch Event and PTR Plans Jan 19, 2017, 14:03 theglaze

Sacrifice wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 13:42:
theglaze wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 12:13:
"...and offers no player rewards."

Pardon?

Loot boxes still drop, any items unlocked in PTR are saved to the regular game.

Maybe he means competitive rank and that point system?

It is true that the loot boxes still drop, but anything gained on the PTR isn't transferred to
the regular game.

Ah, I guess I never got anything good in PTR so I never noticed that it didn't transfer !

News Comments > Overwatch Event and PTR Plans
1. Re: Overwatch Event and PTR Plans Jan 19, 2017, 12:13 theglaze

"...and offers no player rewards."

Pardon?

Loot boxes still drop, any items unlocked in PTR are saved to the regular game.

Maybe he means competitive rank and that point system?

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Jan 12, 2017, 21:38 theglaze

I played it back then, made it a couple hours into the story, but didn't feel like it had anything more to offer after that.

Had some memorable moments, such as the first couple scenes...and one can never forget his first encounter with vagina walls!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 9, 2017, 11:13 theglaze

Yup, I think I'm going to take the plunge for a Pi 3 too!

Is it possible to get wireless controllers to work with it? I'm down with emulating the experience of classic gaming...except for the cords!

News Comments > Overwatch Nerfs Detailed
14. Re: Overwatch Nerfs Detailed Jan 6, 2017, 18:00 theglaze

You guys don't use the recently added feature to 'play again as a group' button in the bottom right after the match? I send friend requests to anyone that sounds like a reasonable, well spoken individual, even if they are significantly above or below my rank.

Heck I was recently solo queued into a match where a group of 4 was on my team with a guy that basically acted as a quarterback. He was calling the plays, advising which enemy to isolate, and how to go about capturing points and tackling carts. Almost non-stop chatter, which some might find annoying, but certainly was teamwork.

News Comments > Overwatch Roadhog Nerfs Incoming
4. Re: Overwatch Roadhog Nerfs Incoming Jan 4, 2017, 16:24 theglaze

Pigeon wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 14:59:
Fion wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 13:56:
Yea they really need to do something to break up the current meta. It's almost as bad as early on in the games release when every pro team ran 2 Winston, 2 Tracer & 2 Lucio lol.

I expected this nerf but I gotta say, I'm surprised there aren't Symmetra nerfs mentioned anywhere. I mean her photon beam out-DPS's most the actual DPS heroes and has the added benefit of being auto-hit. I've seen this 100 HP/100 Shield Support character solo-take down Raging Winston.

I think part of the problem with their balance is so much of it is done to balance at the higher rank of competitive, where a low skill cap hero like Symmetra is fairly easily countered by higher skill capped heores played by skilled players.

I think Phara fits into the same category (though I think she takes more skill to play than symmetra). A decent Phara player can absolutely wreck teams in the low golds and below ranks because people don't look up, or feel dealing with her is the sole responsibility of one team member, i.e. soldier.

I know it's not easy to do, and I certainly understand wanting to make sure top level play is balanced, but I think they should try to keep the lower levels of play (where most of the player base is) in mind too.

And since I'm complaining about things, and this has nothing to do with balance but... Dammit Lucios stop jumping in front of me right as I try to nano Rein >_<

Hear, hear!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 16, 2016, 15:30 theglaze

Interesting monitors for sim racing. The bezel looks decent enough for a triple screen setup with an 'easy' to push resolution for NVIDIA surround gaming.

$400 a pop means $1200 for the set...which is very competitive when compared to top of the line gaming screens of similar spec's, such as the Acer Predator X34 @ 34" via 3440x1080 res, 144hz GYSNC, which goes for $1250.

Compared to VR, $800 with the HTC Vive seems like a more immersive experience, but I don't think the resolution is there yet (haven't tried).

News Comments > Overwatch Winter Event Next Week?
4. Re: Overwatch Winter Event Next Week? Dec 7, 2016, 16:33 theglaze

Phasenoise wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 16:28:
The mental shift from pharah in thigh highs to roadhog with red velvet butt floss is something nobody should experience.

lol

News Comments > On Overwatch Season 3 Placement
6. Re: On Overwatch Season 3 Placement Dec 3, 2016, 16:47 theglaze

SO I did my placement for season 3, and tried to look at some numbers:

I took note of the highest Skill Rank achieved by both my teammates and my opponents in Season 2, here's how the numbers crunched:

2771 = My Season 2 Rank
2871 = My Teams Average Season 2 Rank
2898 = My Opponents Average Season 2 Rank

Placement Results:
9 wins / 1 loss
1.00 Average Gold award
0.85 Average Silver award
0.71 Average Bronze award

2804 = My Season 3 Placement Rank

While playing almost entirely support during those matches (solo queue), the system gave me a rank LOWER than both the opponents I beat AND my own teammates! That doesn't add up...

The other bizarre thing is the consistency of the average skill rating for the group. With each successive win, one would assume that the system would challenge me against higher ranked players...

My Teams Season 2 Skill vs. Opponents (matches 4 through 10)
2884 vs. 2888
2857 vs. 2962
2755 vs. 3011
2916 vs. 2850
2858 vs. 2846
2903 vs. 2925
2923 vs. 2808

Despite winning, my opponents average skill marginally DROPPED towards the end of the placement process

In fact, the average team skill varied 1-2% during placement, and when considered it's out of 5000, it essentially remained the same.

News Comments > On Overwatch Season 3 Placement
4. Re: On Overwatch Season 3 Placement Dec 2, 2016, 16:14 theglaze

I REALLY want a job where I can do this...analyzing data captured during a players gameplay to develop greater insight into that user, his or her ability to play the game, performance trends, etc...

Overwatch is an exceedingly complicated game with an overwhelming number of ways to analyze a player's performance and compare it to others. I am not surprised Blizzard has struck out on this with 3 failed attempts to implement a consistent and fair skill-based match making system.

IMO, it means they have a misunderstanding of how to tackle it at a high-level and they're using the wrong metrics to determine skill for certain heroes, or altogether are missing the data capture points they need.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2016, 12:41 theglaze

Cespedes is a monster...his performance in the 2013 home run derby was dominating! Scary to think the Mets will have him for his power years, 31 to 35 years of age.

2013 Derby: https://youtu.be/zwLETSLqgb8

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Nov 18, 2016, 14:52 theglaze

Zalman ZM-K650WP Gaming Keyboard on AnandTech. Waterproof at $30.

You mean beer proof, right!? Cheers

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Released
1. Re: Killing Floor 2 Released Nov 18, 2016, 11:02 theglaze

About time!

Lots of ups and downs during its development...I'm curious to see how this 'full release' plays

513 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo