Total Posts
1501 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1501 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    76  ] Older

Re: Respawn Working on Apex Legend Crashes
Sep 21, 2021, 07:54
Re: Respawn Working on Apex Legend Crashes Sep 21, 2021, 07:54
Sep 21, 2021, 07:54

The game started as a laggy, buggy mess. Peaked as a crossplay cheater-athon with $10 skins. Now it's all those things but with more modes.

Re: Why So Much Call of Duty: Vanguard Cheating?
Sep 20, 2021, 18:32
Re: Why So Much Call of Duty: Vanguard Cheating? Sep 20, 2021, 18:32
Sep 20, 2021, 18:32

jdreyer wrote on Sep 20, 2021, 17:52:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 20, 2021, 10:57:
Any semblance of people trying to actually be good at games legitimately seems to be long gone, especially in the FPS genre.

Good luck with the anti-cheat efforts though! I'm foolishly hoping that BF2042 cheating isn't too bad, but it will probably be ridiculously high.
At least with the new BF there's offline vs. bots if you want to avoid cheaters. Here's to hoping that they're good bots and configurable, a la UT.

Here's to hoping it scratches my AIX2 itch.
Yeah, but bots 'cheat' because all of the actions are scripted, and it analyzes the engine directly.

Same problem with AI cars in offline racing. The humam driver may not have ABS or TC and has to interpret the cars momentum, but AI only works through scripts that avoid traction loss, tire lockups. Worse, often AI drivers squeeze the human by closing the physical gap and maintaining it with uncanny accuracy. In an FPS, thats as unnatural as a bot coming around a corner and is already aiming directly at me because its 'wal hacking'

Offline bots are as uninteresting to me as an online lobby with a cheater.

Re: Latest BF2042 Rumors Suggest a Delay
Sep 15, 2021, 16:06
Re: Latest BF2042 Rumors Suggest a Delay Sep 15, 2021, 16:06
Sep 15, 2021, 16:06

I don't want to reward EA/Dice with my money for a Day 1 purchase, for a game that will surely launch as a buggy mess. But I'm convinced it will be a good looking, hot mess Date

Re: Evening Tech Bits
Sep 15, 2021, 08:32
Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 15, 2021, 08:32
Sep 15, 2021, 08:32

China was responsible for around 55% of global rare earth mining output, and 85% of all rare earth minerals have to go through China in one way or another throughout their manufacturing process
Ooof

Re: Op Ed
Sep 8, 2021, 00:01
Re: Op Ed Sep 8, 2021, 00:01
Sep 8, 2021, 00:01

...and creating clickbait opinion artictles that waste ALL of our time is ok, because the author gets paid? Sigh

Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives
Sep 1, 2021, 13:59
Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 1, 2021, 13:59
Sep 1, 2021, 13:59

El Pit wrote on Sep 1, 2021, 12:32:
A heathen! Obviously! Burn him! Grab your pitchforks! Believe, people. Believe! It will happen only if you believe! And prove your faith by giving, giving, giving, and then by giving even more! BELIEVE! And you will be healed from cancer, sorry, I mean you will get the One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them, One Game to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. It's just a few more million billion years $$$ shy from being finished... and go into beta! BELIEVE!!!
I'm surprised it's still a game studio and not a registered religion... the faithful will follow demigod Roberts anywhere, and he's missing out on some BIG tax breaks.

Re: Morning Consolidation
Aug 31, 2021, 18:27
Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 31, 2021, 18:27
Aug 31, 2021, 18:27

This is the deepest dive I have seen regarding variable clocks with the PS5. I'm sure we will see more professional articles on the revised PS5 when it becomes more widely available.

As for heat dissipation, exhaust temperature also relates to exhaust volume and internal temperature. If the revised PS5 is outputting more air (due to fan change) at a higher temperature (due to smaller heatsink) with higher internal chassis temperatures (due to less contact points), then the electronics will be subjected to more severe thermal wear. Only Sony and its partners know how much that will impact the products longevity, but it looks like they are not passing the cost savings on to the customer.

Re: Morning Consolidation
Aug 30, 2021, 22:06
Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 30, 2021, 22:06
Aug 30, 2021, 22:06

Reactor wrote on Aug 30, 2021, 21:43:
Yeah, and as someone said - more heat being exhausted means cooler components. Time will tell I guess.
Not necessarily, but possible. Looking at the quality of the original heatsink in both design and materials, it seems extremely unlikely that the new one is 'better'. Given the decrease in physical size of the heatsink on the revision, it will have less thermal capacity and fewer fins for heat dissipation to air. If the revised fan blade does push more CFM, it can make up for some of that.

Re: Blizzard Renaming Overwatch's McCree
Aug 27, 2021, 04:00
Re: Blizzard Renaming Overwatch's McCree Aug 27, 2021, 04:00
Aug 27, 2021, 04:00

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 27, 2021, 02:20:
This post internet generation is so easy to please. Just rename, redact, revise and all is forgotten and forgiven. Do they realize that nothing, absolutely nothing will be gained or accomplished by renaming this character? Other then them saying, oooooh I joined an internet poll and voted for this, I made this. ME ME ME! What a load of egoistical bullshit.
Social platforms have given a voice to the previously voiceless. Many have chosen to fight on the battleground of 'language' because they lack any real power or influence on the systems that oppress them and their beliefs. They choose to wield words like weapons, to intimidate and threaten, to attempt murder of others on the platforms through cancellation. Like a toddler with a handgun who is ignorant of the history of guns or its mechanical design, many point loaded messages at their enemies, clicking to kill those that upset them.

Re: Blizzard Renaming Overwatch's McCree
Aug 26, 2021, 20:48
Re: Blizzard Renaming Overwatch's McCree Aug 26, 2021, 20:48
Aug 26, 2021, 20:48

"Justice ain't gonna dispense itself." -Jesse McCree

Re: Evening Multiplex
Aug 25, 2021, 13:08
Re: Evening Multiplex Aug 25, 2021, 13:08
Aug 25, 2021, 13:08

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 25, 2021, 08:33:
Lets please not compare Gran Turismo vs Forza Motorsports series. GT has more in common with Horizons then it ever has with FM (except for tracks).
That being said FM is sim at it's finest for the consoles, while FH is an arcade racer (and I still hate drifting).
How does GT have more in common with an open-world arcade racer? You'd be hard pressed to find any Horizon racer that became a professional driver, while the GT Academy did it from 2008 to 2016, with some graduates going on to win in prestigious events around the world.

As for Forza, I stand by my experience of playing Forza 2, 3, and 4... but content and features were cut to have Forza 5 ready for XB1 release. Look up the reviews. By the time Forza 6 came out, I was already vested into PC sims, and the crappy Forza Motorsports 6: Apex published on the Windows Store was a joke of a console demo port (Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on PS3 was better than that crap). I can't comment on Forza 7; I have no interest in going back to console racing or ports to Windows Store.

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 25, 2021, 08:45:
Wow, so, despite FM and FH being made by two completely different, separate studios, you imagine the FM team just rolled over and died?

Or did you ignore the new FM announcement?

Both games technically, at one point, used the same game engine. Playground games altered it to fit their open world games. Playground, btw, is made up of employees of other racing game studios. Remember the Project Gotham games? Those guys are the core of Playground; why would you expect anything OTHER than simcade here?

You're right, it could simply be a coincidence of timing between FM DLC ending, and FH launching. Followed by FH DLC, then new FM launching. And again. And again. It could be total luck that both Forza lineups were on alternating 2 year cycles with scheduled DLC packages. Maybe this rhythmic flow is a fluke, and there's no coordination between the devs and Micro$oft. Seems likely that Playground picked the Motorsports game engine from names out of a hat, I mean, there's no logical reason for resources to be shared between the Forza devs.

Anyways, Forza Motorsports got me into racing, and it's still a good stepping stone to sim racing. I am unconvinced that either 'next-gen' GT or FM will make enough progress towards realism for me to consider switching back to consoles for sim racing.

Re: Evening Multiplex
Aug 25, 2021, 02:07
Re: Evening Multiplex Aug 25, 2021, 02:07
Aug 25, 2021, 02:07

The success of Horizon destroyed the momentum of Forza Motorsports. The first few FM titles were trading punches with Gran Turismo, and at one point the Forza franchise had better track selection, more precise telemetry and car/part mods, car damage, full custom painting, etc, and actually worked better with wheel and pedal peripherals than GT.

But once Horizon launched, all the Motorsport DLC for new tracks and cars, even major game updates stopped as the team focused on the new game. Subsequent Motorsports games had LESS features than the previous. Heck I remember watching real endurance, multi-class events on TV with Forza ads everywhere, hyping up FM5, which launched XB1 without the very thing that makes those events special: long format races with day/night transitions and multiple classes of cars on track.

They neutered Forza Motorsports because Horizon became the breadwinner with stupid fun. FM was on a trajectory to push into simulation racing and challenge the PC market, but now has more Ridge Racer in it than Gran Turismo.

Aug 19, 2021, 22:31
Re: Op Ed Aug 19, 2021, 22:31
Aug 19, 2021, 22:31

milspecmonkey wrote on Aug 19, 2021, 22:03:

I can say people shouldn't be doxed or harassed

The only people who should get doxed or harassed are those that are clearly on the wrong side of what society deems acceptable. Or whatever subset of society is most offended by their antics, therefore subset is excused from it's harmful actions/behavior. This is the way.

Aug 19, 2021, 12:24
Re: Op Ed Aug 19, 2021, 12:24
Aug 19, 2021, 12:24

This steam review may be the most truthful:

Boyfriend Dungeon is a good-looking bad date. It is well dressed, it sounds nice, it looks good, but when you talk to it you quickly realise that there's just... not much there.

Re: Morning Mobilization
Aug 17, 2021, 17:17
Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 17, 2021, 17:17
Aug 17, 2021, 17:17

Xero wrote on Aug 17, 2021, 16:57:
So now the folks at OF are saying, we want to restrict the PRIVATE content you post?

It's all about penetration... err, market penetration!

OF is not an app on Google or Apple stores, because it would be pegged as Adult content with age restrictions. That would significantly hamper the underage audience it wants to expose itself to Blush Plus all the large businesses (ruined by working stiffs) that censor-block access to apps/content on corporate networks. The OF content creators should be excited by this opportunity to reach bigger audiences, because size matters. Maybe some creators will discover a new sweet spot they never knew about, that drives more traffic to the NSFW OF, leaving everyone tickled with satisfaction!

Re: Call of Duty Vanguard Unveiling Thursday
Aug 16, 2021, 14:35
Re: Call of Duty Vanguard Unveiling Thursday Aug 16, 2021, 14:35
Aug 16, 2021, 14:35

I hope it's JUST like all the other ones! Flush

Re: Diablo IV Game Director and Lead Designer Leave Blizzard
Aug 12, 2021, 14:49
Re: Diablo IV Game Director and Lead Designer Leave Blizzard Aug 12, 2021, 14:49
Aug 12, 2021, 14:49

Beamer wrote on Aug 12, 2021, 14:00:
theglaze wrote on Aug 12, 2021, 13:36:
Beamer wrote on Aug 12, 2021, 12:12:
theglaze wrote on Aug 12, 2021, 11:14:
It is 100% cancel culture. "Evidence" from social media is used by an online horde to rally hate towards other people, criticizing assumed behavior as the horde connects dots from their smart phones or computer chair, about events they never attended and people they never met. This echo chamber builds into a feverish pitch like a witch hunt. Guilt by association is acceptable by the horde, malevolence is assumed, and no point on the timeline of history is out-of-bounds for the hordes judgement. Any gaps in rationality by the prosecution, are filled in with emotional outrage.

Some of the accused are likely assholes, who probably did some of these claimed things. But I'm just as disgusted by the group behavior of the online horde, some of them are assholes too, but too righteous to notice.

Yes, reserve your anger for those saying you shouldn't harass women, not for those that harassed women. Sensible.
I am not angry, and I made no reference to the specifics of this case.

You are guessing at my emotional state and what I think about women and victims. But what I find most fascinating is your idea that anger should be reserved and applied to other people. Makes sense.

If I cannot critique those that seek changes to the system, and the processes and tools they use to achieve change, then this 'new' system is a lot like the last.
Reread your post. It comes across as a rant against people angry that they've been supporting a company doing these things.

You should seek to, y'know, change the system and stop sexual harassment, not change the system and stop people trying to change the system and stop sexual harassment.

And if you're angry at how the system is being changed, or "critiquing," again, why not spend more of your words (and you used a decent amount) on how much worse the system that needs to be changed is than the methods of seeking it, or lament that this has happened for decades and nothing worked to change it prior to this.

It's like how people whined about how MLK sought change, only, decades later, for that same type of people to be wishing we had that method. Ultimately, just seems some people dislike change.
Again, I am not angry. What I typed is not a wild, emotional outburst or rant.

I wasn't alive at the time, or studied Americana enough, to know what all the "whining" was about with MLK. Is he the grandfather to cancel culture? Was he tolerant of those that critiqued his beliefs?

Aug 12, 2021, 13:36
Re: Diablo IV Game Director and Lead Designer Leave Blizzard Aug 12, 2021, 13:36
Aug 12, 2021, 13:36

Beamer wrote on Aug 12, 2021, 12:12:
theglaze wrote on Aug 12, 2021, 11:14:
It is 100% cancel culture. "Evidence" from social media is used by an online horde to rally hate towards other people, criticizing assumed behavior as the horde connects dots from their smart phones or computer chair, about events they never attended and people they never met. This echo chamber builds into a feverish pitch like a witch hunt. Guilt by association is acceptable by the horde, malevolence is assumed, and no point on the timeline of history is out-of-bounds for the hordes judgement. Any gaps in rationality by the prosecution, are filled in with emotional outrage.

Some of the accused are likely assholes, who probably did some of these claimed things. But I'm just as disgusted by the group behavior of the online horde, some of them are assholes too, but too righteous to notice.

Yes, reserve your anger for those saying you shouldn't harass women, not for those that harassed women. Sensible.
I am not angry, and I made no reference to the specifics of this case.

You are guessing at my emotional state and what I think about women and victims. But what I find most fascinating is your idea that anger should be reserved and applied to other people. Makes sense.

If I cannot critique those that seek changes to the system, and the processes and tools they use to achieve change, then this 'new' system is a lot like the last.

Aug 12, 2021, 11:14
Re: Diablo IV Game Director and Lead Designer Leave Blizzard Aug 12, 2021, 11:14
Aug 12, 2021, 11:14

Quinn wrote on Aug 12, 2021, 07:10:
bigspender wrote on Aug 12, 2021, 04:38:
That is some messed up stuff, I definitely wouldn't want to work people like this. I never understand misogyny. Everyone has a mother at the very least, most people have a sister or daughter, so how can anyone hold these views.

I'm really happy to see the company taking action to hold these individuals to account. Being a hater of cancel culture however, I hope that these people are able to learn and see the errors of their ways. Even Neo-Nazi's can reform, and we embrace them, instead of letting the Twitter mob force them into hiding.

Losing your job for something like this and finding it hard to get a new job because of this, doesn't fall under the category of cancel culture but accountability, I think. If this was about some pronoun thing or held non-conformist belief that didn't invoke the wrath of the SJW's mere years ago... that'd fall under the category of cancel culture. Rape culture has been unacceptable since as long as I can remember.

But yeah, "forgive and forget" should take place at some point. When? I guess the individual decides.

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Aug 11, 2021, 02:30
Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 11, 2021, 02:30
Aug 11, 2021, 02:30

jdreyer wrote on Aug 11, 2021, 01:22:
Does no one want to talk about the Xaiomi robodog?
Open-source is the only interesting part
1501 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    76  ] Older