Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 400 (Amateur)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > NBA 2K17 and Sunless Sea Free Weekends
3. Re: NBA 2K17 and Sunless Sea Free Weekends Feb 17, 2017, 16:29 theglaze

Lots of character and intrigue with Sunless Sea.

Pairs well with melodic music on a rainy day with a glass of your favorite.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending
10. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending Feb 17, 2017, 16:23 theglaze

Next gen consoles this year, correct?

360 and PS3 are EOL

News Comments > Valve on Countering Cheats
7. Re: Valve on Countering Cheats Feb 15, 2017, 19:16 theglaze

Mick wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 14:27:
When they mention Overwatch, they are referring to the name of CS:GO's community regulation program, NOT the video game.

Correct.

Overwatch is a program within CSGO made available to those who win over 150 competitive matches. Those users can click a button and review an edited, 8 round segment of a match from a single players perspective. At the end of review, the user is asked if the player is guilty of 5 general categories of cheating/griefing.

News Comments > Project CARS 2 This Year
39. Re: Project CARS 2 This Year Feb 9, 2017, 15:36 theglaze

Haha, thanks for the input guys. It's helping me generate my own opinion!  

29. Re: Project CARS 2 This Year Feb 8, 2017, 21:02 theglaze

Mr. Anisotonic wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 20:09:
I'm convinced that this 3x4K, 12FPS, 2D racing experience will be dripping with immersion.

I did try that but I was disappointed with the experience, and returned the monitors.

The problem that I saw was that the game engine did not properly render the side monitors to take into consideration the angle of the monitors and the perspective of the gamer.

It has now been addressed with the 10 series from nvidia (seen here), making it something I may reconsider.

I've also been keeping my eye on the snazzy, ultra-wide 21:9 screens with 100Hz refresh rate. The price is similar to a VR headset, granted the experience is just a nice improvement over my single screen=, and not a revolutionary change like VR.

Slick wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 19:22:
Sorry, been playing a lot of VR lately, so one last thing for anyone who cares...

I backed THIS kickstarter, as it looks like it will fix the only other niggle i have with the Vive, having all the weight on your face, it destroys my neck.

Interesting, and thank you for bringing that up. Neck strain is a very legitimate concern of mine and I was hoping that shorter sessions with the Vive would minimize the pain.

Most of my iRacing sessions are an hour or so, any more and I get a bit bug-eyed with the strain of visual focus and mental fatigue, and that's just with a single screen!

Do you consider VR sim racing to be more intense? Or similar but just a different experience than using screens?

22. Re: Project CARS 2 This Year Feb 8, 2017, 18:03 theglaze

Slick wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 17:43:
Cutter wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 16:50:
Do you guys listen to songs like Gary Numan's Cars, Kraftwerk's Autobahn or Golden Earring's Radar Love, and stuff like that when you play?

I pop on a good podcast like Sawbones or Revisionist History, set a nice long 5 lap course on the full nurburgring, slap on the vive, grab my wheel, and phase out of existence.

I've been thinking of diving into the world of VR specifically for my sim racing, just not sure if I should take the plunge on the current gen or wait for the next.

I'm leaning towards getting the Vive now because they previously offered the preorders to existing customers first before opening it up to new customers. I don't know if they'll do that for the next-gen headset...

14. Re: Project CARS 2 This Year Feb 8, 2017, 15:27 theglaze

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 13:15:
That sounds pretty awesome however I am not a fan of subscription based games because if I don't have much time to play in a month than I am feeling stressed to play otherwise wasting my sub fee.

I am also terrified by MP racing. I am seeing it every time in iRacing videos where people get all pissed off for being taken out by an inexperienced driver or just by accident or what not.
I'd feel pretty shitty about taking someone out but than getting yelled at for it would just make me not want to go back and race again.

I rather put up with the stupid Ai and single player racing.

Fair points.

Subscription model works for me in a few ways. It encourages me to launch the sim because Iím paying for it, so I figure I get my monies worth if I participate in a couple events a month. And with people always paying and participating with the service, there are significant upgrades to the physic engine, car dynamics, and new features every season (4 a year). Itís constantly evolving.

As for getting up to the pace of your human opponents, there is a graduated license program. Youíll be marked as a Rookie at first, and restricted to only a few select events for official series, until you earn a D license. More events and cars are available, and then you do that to earn C and so on.

Perhaps the most fun and popular Road series is the Mazda MX-5 (Miata) Cup, accessible to anyone License D and higher and thousands of drivers race it every week. You get placed into a group with other racers of similar skill (lap time) and safety (going off track and hitting other cars). Sure there are a lot of tough lessons to learn and you will ruin other peoples races, but thatís a function of learning. If they were that much better than you, they would have been placed in a higher skill tier!

I just got an email that pCARS 1 is on sale right now, 66% off, and itís about the same price as 3 months for a new membership with iRacing. Youíll have a lot more fun in 3 months with iRacing than you will with a now completely unsupported (ie DEAD) game like pCARS 1.

Heck I think I can even give you a small discount by referring any new racer to iRacing.

9. Re: Project CARS 2 This Year Feb 8, 2017, 12:52 theglaze

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 12:22:
Sadly nowhere in their PR do they talk about actually making a good racing *game*

I thought PCARS did have the best racing physics of any game, but the actual gameplay was... boring as hell. Damage model was a joke, flag rules non-existent, no league selection, no pitstop crew management.. it was.. just only a car simulation. Racing it did never simulate properly.

Exactly.

Racing!

I think 'racing' can get neglected with simulators as the development team focus on making an authentic driving experience, but fail to provide an entertaining racing experience. Whether it's AI or supporting online multiplayer, so many racing games and driving simulators struggle with it.

And that's why I pay for a subscription to iRacing. It doesn't have the best physics, graphics, and there's NO AI...but the wheel-to-wheel racing is the best out there.

This week's official series for the Blancpain Endurance (Sprint race at 45mins with 1 required pitstop) race is around Suzuka...a battle between AMG GT3, Z4 Gt3, MP412C GT3, R8 GT3, etc on one of the best tracks in the world.

Yes please!

I usually put in about 25 laps in a practice session to get a decent car setup, longer if I don't know the track. Racing events are hosted ever 2 hours, and everyone that registers is split into different groups based on skill and safety.

And you can race as a ghost in actual live races to learn racing lines, strategies, and to practice.

News Comments > Overwatch PTR Update Adds Browser and CTF
1. Re: Overwatch PTR Update Adds Browser and CTF Feb 7, 2017, 18:48 theglaze

If the seasonal arcade event 'Capture the Rooster' is any indication, CTF will be a gimmicky add-on forced on game style that doesn't fit the mode.  

News Comments > Rock Band VR Next Month
6. Re: Rock Band VR Next Month Feb 7, 2017, 12:20 theglaze

Pretty sure I'll develop PTSD after being boo'ed off the stage by an angry cartoon audience...  

News Comments > Husk Released
10. Re: Husk Released Feb 4, 2017, 23:52 theglaze

Got this with the monthly Humble Bundle; it launched on Steam the same day the bundle released. I guess people didn't realize they'd be bug testing lol  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Feb 1, 2017, 23:09 theglaze

Gotta chase'em...20 minutes of high-speed chase in perfect weather conditions is safer than letting that guy get away and not be caught.

I wonder how much dangerous riding he would have done in the next year? 5? What if he was never caught?

News Comments > DiRT 4 Announced
7. Re: DiRT 4 Announced Jan 26, 2017, 17:38 theglaze

NO GYMKHANA GAME MODE!?
KEN BLOCK MISSING FROM TEASER!?

My god...CM may have learnt from past mistakes!

But I will refund via Steam INSTANTLY if some stupid game commentator tells me to "Post your race on YouTube!"

News Comments > Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster
14. Re: Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster Jan 25, 2017, 09:07 theglaze

Meanwhile, the new mode is laughable. Lacks all the drama and tension that CTF should have...they should have limited it to certain heroes and stretched out the map more or made a new one.  

News Comments > Overwatch Event and PTR Plans
4. Re: Overwatch Event and PTR Plans Jan 19, 2017, 14:03 theglaze

Sacrifice wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 13:42:
theglaze wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 12:13:
"...and offers no player rewards."

Pardon?

Loot boxes still drop, any items unlocked in PTR are saved to the regular game.

Maybe he means competitive rank and that point system?

It is true that the loot boxes still drop, but anything gained on the PTR isn't transferred to
the regular game.

Ah, I guess I never got anything good in PTR so I never noticed that it didn't transfer !

News Comments > Overwatch Event and PTR Plans
1. Re: Overwatch Event and PTR Plans Jan 19, 2017, 12:13 theglaze

"...and offers no player rewards."

Pardon?

Loot boxes still drop, any items unlocked in PTR are saved to the regular game.

Maybe he means competitive rank and that point system?

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Jan 12, 2017, 21:38 theglaze

I played it back then, made it a couple hours into the story, but didn't feel like it had anything more to offer after that.

Had some memorable moments, such as the first couple scenes...and one can never forget his first encounter with vagina walls!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 9, 2017, 11:13 theglaze

Yup, I think I'm going to take the plunge for a Pi 3 too!

Is it possible to get wireless controllers to work with it? I'm down with emulating the experience of classic gaming...except for the cords!

News Comments > Overwatch Nerfs Detailed
14. Re: Overwatch Nerfs Detailed Jan 6, 2017, 18:00 theglaze

You guys don't use the recently added feature to 'play again as a group' button in the bottom right after the match? I send friend requests to anyone that sounds like a reasonable, well spoken individual, even if they are significantly above or below my rank.

Heck I was recently solo queued into a match where a group of 4 was on my team with a guy that basically acted as a quarterback. He was calling the plays, advising which enemy to isolate, and how to go about capturing points and tackling carts. Almost non-stop chatter, which some might find annoying, but certainly was teamwork.

News Comments > Overwatch Roadhog Nerfs Incoming
4. Re: Overwatch Roadhog Nerfs Incoming Jan 4, 2017, 16:24 theglaze

Pigeon wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 14:59:
Fion wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 13:56:
Yea they really need to do something to break up the current meta. It's almost as bad as early on in the games release when every pro team ran 2 Winston, 2 Tracer & 2 Lucio lol.

I expected this nerf but I gotta say, I'm surprised there aren't Symmetra nerfs mentioned anywhere. I mean her photon beam out-DPS's most the actual DPS heroes and has the added benefit of being auto-hit. I've seen this 100 HP/100 Shield Support character solo-take down Raging Winston.

I think part of the problem with their balance is so much of it is done to balance at the higher rank of competitive, where a low skill cap hero like Symmetra is fairly easily countered by higher skill capped heores played by skilled players.

I think Phara fits into the same category (though I think she takes more skill to play than symmetra). A decent Phara player can absolutely wreck teams in the low golds and below ranks because people don't look up, or feel dealing with her is the sole responsibility of one team member, i.e. soldier.

I know it's not easy to do, and I certainly understand wanting to make sure top level play is balanced, but I think they should try to keep the lower levels of play (where most of the player base is) in mind too.

And since I'm complaining about things, and this has nothing to do with balance but... Dammit Lucios stop jumping in front of me right as I try to nano Rein >_<

Hear, hear!

400 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo