Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 506 (Apprentice)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Free Weekend Underway
5. Re: Overwatch Free Weekend Underway Nov 18, 2017, 10:51 theglaze

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 07:48:
VaranDragon wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 05:12:
I haven't played in ages and feel no urge to. Just wondering is it still going strong?

Still boring as fuck really, overwatch is just a really oversimplified multiplayer shooter that anyone who is old has played before and played better.

It really exists only because it was released by blizzard and unto the cult of bliz fans. The game is just very boring over time. It just can't hold a candle to past fps games esp if you grew up on them in the 90's.

Overwatch is just like modern blizzard - all flash, no substance.

I disagree! Today’s shooters come with waaaay more salt!

My favourite mode is Mystery Heroes because it can’t really be trolled, and I’d rather lose to a random team composition than in a quickplay/competitive match that has smurfs, non-team players, or those that refuse to change their hero selection to counter the other team.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Matchmaking Changes
3. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Matchmaking Changes Nov 14, 2017, 13:29 theglaze

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 13:03:
theglaze wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 11:12:
More like “Salt Factor”..

No, it's a good change, cheaters buy the cheapest game on steam (some obscure indy title) to get active legit account and then they buy CS:GO and cheat for 4 weeks, ban repeat. Costs like 3$ a month due to russians having worthless currency and prices adapt to that.

An account with only CS:GO played should throw up all 99 red flags, if cheat reports are massive and from OWN team then they get banned. Sounds fair to me.

I agree, it is a good change, but it’s not just for cheaters.

It’s more likely that people are voting kicking each other or forfeiting because someone on the team:
- Is not working with the team because of whatever reason (sometimes difficult to discern from Overwatch review)
- Is trolling the mic, radio commands, chat scripts (blocked from Overwatch review)
- Is gameplay trolling the team (refuses to buy a primary, blocks or uses utility to disrupt teammates, deliberately tanking or team attacking.. but that stuff can be caught in Overwatch)
- Is constantly going AFK throughout the match (can be confirmed through Overwatch)

But in order for Overwatch to be more effective, they NEED to make it mandatory. For example, a player loses rank if they don’t play for 4 weeks. Why not also require that player to review 3 cases every 4 week’s?

OR positively reinforce Overwatch with skin drops, or in this case, maybe it increases your “Trust” rating.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Matchmaking Changes
1. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Matchmaking Changes Nov 14, 2017, 11:12 theglaze

More like “Salt Factor”..  

News Comments > Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up
5. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 11:04 theglaze

Thanks mobile gamers, for being addicted to shitty time wasting titles and their payment schemes. Now our big PC titles are being pillaged for profit because of your poor consumption practices.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
15. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 8, 2017, 01:53 theglaze

Trolls be trollin!  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Nov 8, 2017, 00:19 theglaze

Cheered for Halladay a lot when he was with he Jays. RIP  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Released
6. Re: Here I come! Nov 3, 2017, 14:30 theglaze

Lorcin wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 13:48:
They need to make a secret mode where you play a young boy trying to hide from Kevin Spacey's character from COD:AW

Gayzi Spacey's

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Released
1. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Released Nov 3, 2017, 10:59 theglaze

Some Activision Executive wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 09:51:
That's what I love about these high school boys, man. I get older, and they will still buy the same shit.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches
7. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches Nov 2, 2017, 16:16 theglaze

Just get a GTX 1080 at those prices, offers better FPS for buck.

As for AMD, this is a decent take:

ArsTechnica wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 16:06:
The biggest loser, however, is AMD. Even if it was always part of Nvidia's grand marketing plan, it's hard to shake the feeling that GTX 1070 Ti is little more than a way to lure over a few potential RX Vega 56 customers that are on the fence or struggling to get hold of a card due to short supply (if you're particularly cynical, you could say it's a neat way to use up some slightly off GP104 GPUs, too). The AMD ecosystem might be a better value overall thanks to offerings like Freesync, but Nvidia continues to have it licked on performance. Ultimately, when buying a graphics card, that's what matters most.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Nov 1, 2017, 15:23 theglaze

The article doesn't say much, and ignores online gaming with direct P2P competition.

Rolling Stone wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 15:11:
Richard Bartle, the creator of one of the earliest massive multiplayer games, MUD1, suggested in 1996 that there’s a map of player archetypes, a grid on which most players fit in terms of behaviors. Bartle’s taxonomy of player types is now commonly considered outdated, but it still holds an easy-to-digest example of how designers and developers think about players.

He divided a grid into two axes: Acting to Interacting, and Players to World. People that acted upon players were called ‘Killers’, and they like to blow up stuff. People that acted upon the world were called ‘Achievers’, and they play a game to achieve the goals set out in the game world. Those with the goal of interacting with players are called the ‘Socializers’, and they play games for the social aspect - whether talking about the way their stories played out with friends, or playing cooperatively online with others. Finally, those who interact with the world are called the ‘Explorers’, and they play a game just to explore, uninterested in the quest or purpose of the game.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 25, 2017, 15:47 theglaze

Spamming voice lines in Overwatch could get you silenced. Doomfist: "Spare me the commentary"…

I've been in one of those matches... a 3 queue had scripts set to spam the voice commands or where diligent enough to do it manually. Either way, it was impossible to hear anything and I disconnected.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Dust II Relaunch
2. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Dust II Relaunch Oct 19, 2017, 15:30 theglaze

Redmask wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 07:23:
Watching Counter-Strike CCU drop while PUBG rises almost makes me feel good. Maybe Valve will have to do SOMETHING again.

Slow changes are why the game has stuck around this long. Their gameplay formula works well and all the changes made in the last couple years have been to improve it, and not cater to whatever is fashionable this year (like battle royale).

News Comments > Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking
23. Re: Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking Oct 18, 2017, 13:38 theglaze

I don't see why you people are complaining... it's capitalism at its finest!

Like most things in our Western society, it's being exploited FOR PROFIT

Corporations run the show, ready to take advantage of any uneducated consumer.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Reviews
5. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Reviews Oct 16, 2017, 14:12 theglaze

The dude writing the Polygon review is a tight ass... I bet he can't even fart loudly in public, probably afraid of shame because he can only muster a whimper anyways.

I'm surprised he didn't end it with "Why another South Park game? Give the fans of TRUE comedy what they want... Seinfeld The Game: What's the Deal with Fart Jokes?!"

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Season Pass Details
4. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Season Pass Details Oct 14, 2017, 03:01 theglaze

The first South Park game was rough around all edges. Waiting until it's gone through a couple major updates.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2017, 02:12 theglaze

“While there’s an element of chance in these mechanics, the player is always guaranteed to receive in-game content (even if the player unfortunately receives something they don’t want). We think of it as a similar principle to collectible card games: Sometimes you’ll open a pack and get a brand new holographic card you’ve had your eye on for a while. But other times you’ll end up with a pack of cards you already have.”

I hate to say it, but that makes sense to me..

News Comments > CS:GO Dust II Revamp
7. Re: CS:GO Dust II Revamp Oct 11, 2017, 22:55 theglaze

loomy wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 16:48:
they removed the staircase in B so that little area doesn't look raised anymore for... clarity?

There appears to be a gradual incline in the ground, so it's still a raised platform. That will help a player hiding behind the box, before it can be difficult to tell exactly where your head is with the steep incline. Now it favours the guy hiding there.

loomy wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 16:48:
they added new stairways on random inclines but only partway across them for... I GIVE UP

Do you mean the Terrorist side of mid? I like that change too, it's very common for an AWPer to be behind that box and along the wall to cut the viewing angle to B. Often just the top of his head is showing, but now with steps, the CT rotating by the door crack can run across a specific point and know exactly what a head will look like on that peak.

News Comments > CS:GO Dust II Revamp
2. Re: CS:GO Dust II Revamp Oct 11, 2017, 13:29 theglaze

Wesp5 wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 12:54:
Wohoo, so there are still actually some game developers left at Valve ;)?

Perhaps this is how PC multiplayer FPS titles SHOULD be implemented:

-Easy to learn, hard to master gameplay
-Low purchase cost
-No more than $10 of DLC a year
-Only cosmetic loot crates (bonus if there is a market to buy what you want
-Constant development and improvement of all aspects of the game
-Live tournament coverage and spectator participation during world Major tournaments

• Call of Duty has been the only FPS able to maintain yearly releases, at the expense of gameplay to afford ridiculous marketing campaigns.

• Battlefield has been putting a paywall between its users since the brilliant Bad Company 2 by releasing map packs that segment the community. Often their games are best at END OF LIFE, and by then the hype machine is behind the next full-release which starts off with limited content and a bunch of bugs

• Tribes is an example of poorly implemented DLC and currency that resulted in pay-to-win, relegating it back to a LAN party title.

• Planetside 2's monthly subscription requirement prevented it from the growth it could have obtained

• And then there's PUBG and Overwatch... the TWO MOST popular FPS on PC right now (alongside CSGO), and they have a similar makeup:
    -Easy to learn, hard to master gameplay
    -Low cost
    -No more than $10 of DLC a year All content is free
    -Only cosmetic loot crates (bonus if there is a market to buy what you want
    -Constant development and improvement of all aspects of the game
    -Live tournament coverage and spectator participation during world Major tournaments
  • Yet to have a professional tournament presence

EDIT: Or perhaps that's what it takes to be a leading game on Steam

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2017, 15:16.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens
    13. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens Oct 6, 2017, 15:36 theglaze

DangerDog wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 15:26:
    If the multiplayer gameplay was at least on par with say Bad Company 2 then I would probably play it.

IMO, nothing in the genre (squad-FPS) has come close to Bad Company 2...

That Steve Jobs interview exert comes to mind when I think about EA. Most of their games play like the franchise is ran by Sales & Marketing, instead of people passionate about making games.

Titles from Valve and Blizzard are awesome because their designers STILL enjoy playing video games, and care about the user experience.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out
    4. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 15:34 theglaze

DangerDog wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 14:59:
    95 gb download?

for a racing game...

okay

Sweet baby Jesus!

506 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
    and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo