Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 577 (Apprentice)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans?
26. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 09:52 theglaze

At least EA has extensive technical knowledge with creating extremely large maps, supporting large player counts with intertwined gameplay mechanics, and operating the network infrastructure to support all that.

PUBG and Fortnite play cluncky and unpolished, partly because of the comparison to the standard EA has put forth with Battlefield, Battlefront, COD, etc.

*awaits a beheading for extending a compliment to EA*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 12, 2018, 12:17 theglaze

Long live King Wiebe!

This makes the movie ďKing of KongĒ even more enthralling; Mitchell always came across as a sleazy winner and parts of the documentary seemed ridiculous and too convenient for him.

Glad to see the challenger, Steve Wiebe, be crowed the first player to hit a million points!

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Apr 11, 2018, 13:26 theglaze

Prez wrote on Apr 11, 2018, 13:00:
people seem to want diversity for diversity's sake - to avoid the stigma of being anti-diversity because it looks bad to people who care about such things

I totally agree.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2018, 15:49 theglaze

Marvin Gaye What's Going On, What's Happening Brother, Flyin' High (In The Friendly Sky)

Shout out to Beck's Odelay, I'd go with The New Pollution, Derelict, Novacane

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 5, 2018, 18:44 theglaze

Divinity 2 is fantastic, even supports two player co-op on the same screen with fluid translations and gamepad support. Highly recommended for console players or PC.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 5, 2018, 16:19 theglaze

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 11:38:
Both the questioners and answers have already been bought and paid for.

Exactly.

Capitalists and corporations won America a long time ago. It should only get worse from here, unless new social media technologies are used by the populous to get power back through classic, action-orientaed movements and organization (like the kids protesting for gun control). The people still have power, even in a federal republic.

But itís probably too late for that.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 2, 2018, 21:50 theglaze

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 21:18:
I prefer my close calls to have less contact. The adrenaline run to the curb looked painful.

Maybe the motorcyclist could have avoided the contact, if he wasn't trying to peel out and zip passed everyone off the line. Instead of looking at traffic to see if everyone stopped, he noticed the slow driver to his right, decided to rev up the engine, and began to swing the bike wide right to speed through the intersection with a cheeky pass. You can hear his tire chirp from the acceleration he was applying.

I know that urge, and how dangerous it is.

The closest I've ever come to being hit by a car was in a similar situation: I was lined up with a bunch of trucks at a oneway-to-oneway intersection as the light switched to green. Normally I'd drop the clutch and clear the intersection as fast as possible, but I couldn't see over the hood of a jacked up truck to my immediate right. I coudln't see if everyone stopped for the red.

I paced the truck for the first 6 feet, and noticed a blur to my right and him apply his brakes. I did too... and some woman in a sedan blew the red at full speed, missing the truck and my front tire by a foot. Probably thinking about her ex or something...

Would have t-boned me on my motorcycle at 35mph and I would not be here typing this if I let my urge for speed win over my assumptions about safety.

News Comments > Get F1 2015 for Free
15. Re: Get F1 2015 for Free Mar 22, 2018, 23:33 theglaze

Cutter wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 20:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 19:29:
theglaze wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 19:25:
10pm PDT on Saturday night is the first Grand Prix of the year, live from Australia, for those curious to see the DOPE 2018 cars in action!

8AM GMT

I am ready

No sleeping in this weekend Btw, Saturday 8am GMT qualifying, Sunday 8am GMT Race. Qualifying is imo just as much a must watch.

Do you mean the actual car racing? Never understood the appeal but one of my brothers is a big race car nut and watches Formula 1 religiously.

Qualifying is a must. Enough fuel for one fast lap to maximize the usage of one set of tires, going as fast as mechanically possible for the formul, drivers skills, and the track conditions. I will never be more jealous of any profession than driving that.

5. Re: Get F1 2015 for Free Mar 22, 2018, 19:25 theglaze

10pm PDT on Saturday night is the first Grand Prix of the year, live from Australia, for those curious to see the DOPE 2018 cars in action!  

4. Re: Get F1 2015 for Free Mar 22, 2018, 19:24 theglaze

There's nothing like sitting on the grid, engine revving, waiting for the start lights to extinguish, and then charging down to turn one!

I own the whole franchise, over 600 hours according to Steam.

2015 was not the worst game, but it was frustratingly not a step forward.

As for the Forumla itself, 2014 introduced the current generation of turbo V6 engines with locked gearbox ratios and computer applied KERS. So the cars don't sound great, are low on power, and some of them are boring to drive! (compared to the V8s)

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
12. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 20, 2018, 11:46 theglaze

jdreyer wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 09:59:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 09:09:
Dev wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 08:56:
...there's multiple sensors etc, that should have detected even if she was wearing black, not in headlight area, and a human driver wouldn't have seen.
^THIS!!!
Infrared, lidar, optical/camera, radar, ultrasonic and the list goes on.

We build fake towns that look like the middle east to train special forces, you can't tell me that we can't do the same to test self-driving vehicles. There should be a minimum federal government approved test before a self driving vehicle is even allowed on the road.

I'll grant you that, but these things have run millions and millions of autonomous miles before killing someone. They would have passed any federally mandated test course with ease. Like the Tesla case, it's really coding for these edge cases that's going to be difficult. Uber is going to analyze this, code a solution (assuming all the correct hardware is already in place), and this situation will never happen again.

We don't get to hear about the "near misses"; who knows how many times this would have happened over the last few years if it were not for the intervention of the human driver.

Intuitiveness is a major difference between average drivers and exceptional drivers. And I'm curious to see how well that can be programmed into AI drivers.

But sadly I agree in that the current level of AI driving ability is probably better than the average driver because of faster decision making, always paying attention, always obeying the rules, additional sensors, better understanding of the cars ability, etc, etc.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 20, 2018, 02:28 theglaze

...when a female walking outside of the crosswalk crossed the road from west to east...

So a human was behaving irrationally, and the driving algorithms failed to anticipate and proactively avoid the collision?

IMO, that's how most accidents happen with human drivers...

News Comments > HTC VIVE Pro Preorders
17. Re: HTC VIVE Pro Preorders Mar 19, 2018, 13:27 theglaze

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 13:00:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 12:44:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 11:26:
Now waiting on 3rd generation. Sarcasticclap

This. And games. So far nobody has made a VR game that I HAVE to play.

Cockpit and racing games are pretty much HAVE to try.. they feel just so damn good.

Elite Dangerous is just ridiculous.

These are the best VR games I've played or know about for seated position without needing touch/motion controllers:

Simulation Racing: Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally, iRacing, Live For Speed, RaceRoom, Project CARS 2

Music: Polynomial 2, Rez Infinite, Thumper

Platformer: Tinertia, Legend of Dungeon

Arcade Racing: Redout, Distance

Six-Degree: Overload, Elite Dangerous

Adventure/Puzzle: XING: The Land Beyond, Star Trek: Bridge Crew, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter VR

13. Re: HTC VIVE Pro Preorders Mar 19, 2018, 12:20 theglaze

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 12:00:
theglaze wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 11:54:
Also, the Pro supports 30x30 ft space, double the original.

As a Rift owner who wants a 37% bump in resolution, buying into the whole VIVE ecosystem is simply too expensive. Only those already heavily invested into VIVE would consider this upgrade.

Vive has better tracking than the Rift which is currently my biggest regret with buying the rift. It's not that bad but sometimes it's annoying for clipping. That 30 ft x 30 ft would actually be pretty good for my set up. But still ridiculous when you look at:
HTC Vive:
Resolution: 1080 x 1200 pixels per eye (2160 x 1200 pixels combined)
HTC Vive Pro
Resolution: 1440 x 1600 pixels per eye (2880 x 1600 pixels combined)
Oculus Rift:
Resolution: 1080 x 1200 per eye (2160 x 1200 pixels combined)

They just need more pixels per eye and should have waited.

In contrast, I only use my Rift for VR racing from a seated position.

I like the idea of roomscale VR games, but there needs to be a controller revolution before that can take off. I believe VIVE announced they will launch their new design this summer. It will then take another year for new gameplay to be released that integrates those controls.

10. Re: HTC VIVE Pro Preorders Mar 19, 2018, 11:54 theglaze

Also, the Pro supports 30x30 ft space, double the original.

As a Rift owner who wants a 37% bump in resolution, buying into the whole VIVE ecosystem is simply too expensive. Only those already heavily invested into VIVE would consider this upgrade.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 15, 2018, 14:24 theglaze

Oh jeez, I didnít realize PUBG was going mobile too... canít wait for it to land on the mediaís radar when it gathers pop culture momentum with Fortnite, and theyíll blowup itís violence beyond reason  

News Comments > Antigraviator Beta Signups
3. Re: Antigraviator Beta Signups Mar 14, 2018, 13:07 theglaze

That level certainly looks pretty enough, but the track appears fairly flat and not super interesting to race on

wipeout let the ships have mass and momentum, flying them around very unique tracks had a surfing quality to the physics. It was far from easy to control, and the original was outright punishing with wall collisions killing all speed and damaging your ship significantly

Hereís hoping they make this title with depth and not just visuals

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Mar 10, 2018, 17:17 theglaze

Fortnite is coming to iOS, will sport cross play with PC and PS4.

wow

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce Partner Program Illegal?
1. Re: NVIDIA GeForce Partner Program Illegal? Mar 10, 2018, 12:08 theglaze

Makes sense, but I doubt this allegation is enough to dent their skyrocketing market value that's being driven by ridiculous demand for their GPUs (miners)  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 7, 2018, 16:34 theglaze

Whoa what? I can brick my Oculus because of M$/NVIDIA?

Jesus...

577 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo