Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 430 (Amateur)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Free This Weekend
3. Re: Overwatch Free This Weekend May 26, 2017, 11:30 theglaze

newb weekend?! Fresh meeeeeeeat!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DiRT 4 Rallycross Trailer
2. Re: DiRT 4 Rallycross Trailer May 24, 2017, 17:20 theglaze

Real motorsport racing involves something that does not exist in rallycross: endurance

Tires wear. Fuel decreases. Teams make pit stop decisions/mistakes. Etc.

These races are too short for any of that to be a thing, so it usually makes for boring competition most heats.

Bro-gamer version of this will be distinctly worse as everyone will behave like it's a battle royale and seek to destroy their opponents with each "pass"... which is really just slamming into the other guys car to push him wide and steal the spot.

It will be lame.

News Comments > Overwatch One Year Anniversary Event
10. Re: Overwatch One Year Anniversary Event May 24, 2017, 13:00 theglaze

My take on some of the comments:

- Donít disregard the obsession of the fan base. Iíve queued with random people who MUST have all the collectables. Paying hundreds of dollars to get more loot boxes, even though they are earned through gameplay, and just so they can have everything. Digital hording is a thingÖ

- Most people have a ďmainĒ hero and most people want the latest stuff for that hero
-Limited time release adds exclusivity to items, keeping things rareÖ but all can be purchased via in game currency during the event. So itís more like you have 3 weeks to farm currency to afford what you want, or get lucky and open a loot box to acquire it

- I agree with earning collectables through achievements and teamwork

- I thought the gameplay was getting stale too, however, Iíve fallen into trying to improve my skill with certain heroís via 3rd part stat tracking (like masteroverwatch.com)

- What is getting old is playing with douche bags, stupid children, and general assholes. Fortunately, itís significantly better than other popular FPS games, and if you play off peak hours, itís not as bad

News Comments > Overwatch One Year Anniversary Event
3. Re: Overwatch One Year Anniversary Event May 23, 2017, 18:10 theglaze

I still dig the gameplay, although none of the new modes have stuck with me.  

News Comments > Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days Released
5. Re: Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days Released May 18, 2017, 16:56 theglaze

House wrote on May 18, 2017, 13:48:
Funny, since a large part of what made the movie a classic is that it didn't show the heist.

Cutter wrote on May 18, 2017, 12:56:
Really? Of all the ways to go with this they went with some stupid top down tablet game that has absolutely nothing to do with the actual film itself? Chalk up yet another shitty video game adaptation.

I guess this game could have been a choose-your-own-adventure with dialog based gameplay? Or maybe a dance-rhythm game for slicing off ears? While more accurate to the actual movie, both sound pretty boring to me.

Meanwhile... look at all that blooooood and violence... that's VERY "Tarantino"

News Comments > Overwatch Anniversary Event; Free Weekend; GotY Edition Coming
9. Re: Overwatch Anniversary Event; Free Weekend; GotY Edition Coming May 18, 2017, 11:03 theglaze

Fion wrote on May 17, 2017, 22:50:
Ah, I had an insanely good time with this game, putting a few hundred hours in with a bunch of friends both IRL and Online. Def worth $60 for me. I dropped it a while ago because there's no real reason to play. You can either feel frustrated in competitive or just screw around in casual and feel like your not improving.

There are a lot of people who have left the game for these reasons. They need to institute new modes and fix the problems that make competitive feel frustrating and just not fun.

The competitive scene is fun to watch though, but that's about as much Overwatch as I get into these days.

The only thing frustrating are the people who play a "competitive" mode with a "casual" mindset. I don't know how Blizzard can fix that problem better than they already have.

News Comments > F1 2017 in August
2. Re: F1 2017 in August May 17, 2017, 10:42 theglaze

Unfortunately by the time F1 2017 comes out, the season is half way done! It does take some time to figure out the pecking order, and maybe releasing during the summer break is the best time, but Codies consistently misses that.

Also... without VR, I don't think I care as much now compared to previous years.

I wonder if Dirt 4 will also launch without VR?

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. May 15, 2017, 21:26 theglaze

Rocking Pilot is now available on Steam, offering a new twin-stick shooter for Windows and macOS. Here's the launch trailerÖ

Damn I through you meant an actual twin stick game, aka Virtual On!

News Comments > Battlezone VR Rolls Out for PCs
9. Re: Battlezone VR Rolls Out for PCs May 12, 2017, 12:09 theglaze

jdreyer wrote on May 11, 2017, 20:24:
I'm thinking I might have to get a Rift soon. Oculus doesn't seem to be doing all that well.

Definitely have a couple titles in mind that you want the VR experience for. Entry into PC VR is expensive, and things are changing fast, so your expectations need to be clear.

I got a good deal on a used, but mint Rift, and it is only for sim racing. I am going to skip the first generation of motion controllers and room tracking until the different hardware platforms mature and the VR games have actual video game depth, most are just glorified technical demonstrations of small studios hoping to get bought out.

6. Re: Battlezone VR Rolls Out for PCs May 11, 2017, 17:40 theglaze

Orogogus wrote on May 11, 2017, 17:29:
I feel like there's give and take going on due to the limited resolution of the headsets. My Rift is way more immersive than a monitor, but at the same time I think Eve Valkyrie and Project CARS suffer more from the resolution than other games in my librar

I totally agree, but then I have moments in iRacing where I have a tight battle going on with another driver with clean, wheel-to-wheel passes over the course of several laps... and the Rift makes the experience unbelievably awesome!

I did not invest in motion controllers, which is another reason why Battlezone VR caught my eye because it's primary input is a regular gamepad.

4. Re: Battlezone VR Rolls Out for PCs May 11, 2017, 17:21 theglaze

SpectralMeat wrote on May 11, 2017, 16:08:
This makes me want to buy a Vive if only it wasn't so dang expensive. Not to mention I have to upgrade my PC for this as well.

For simulators (driving, space, flight)... it's a must have. I can't go back to any racing simulator that does not support VR.

When it comes to other experiences, there's still a lot of gimmicky gameplay developed by new studios. It seems like "a lack of depth" is the biggest gripe.

1. Re: Battlezone VR Rolls Out for PCs May 11, 2017, 15:47 theglaze

Hopefully an in-depth review comes out; the PSVR version had potential but needed more execution. I wonder if they just ported this, or actually improved upon the base game.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation May 10, 2017, 11:32 theglaze

I thought the next-gen was for both 4K and VR/AR... isn't HoloLens launching with Scorpio?

Having tried both Vive and Rift, it's a hellova game changer. Not every style of gameplay can make the transition to that new space, but new ones will emerge.

Samsung can run away with the market if the traditional console manufacturers aren't careful. People want the $700 phone more than a $500 console, there's must more "value" there. The Galaxy S8 already has the highest pixel density in the VR space...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation May 10, 2017, 10:24 theglaze

It's just because the hype hasn't started yet, I don't think any commercials are much official media has been released by either M$ or $ony  

News Comments > Prey Released
13. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 13:45 theglaze

El Pit wrote on May 5, 2017, 13:35:
maddog wrote on May 5, 2017, 12:15:
I'm 42, still trying to finish the new Doom. Dozey

I am 48, still trying to finish Pong.

lol

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Apr 15, 2017, 23:56 theglaze

The article mainly refers to "on fire" status, and excludes Zenyatta.

Not sure why... he's dope!

Or I may be bias, Zenyatta is my main hero from almost the beginning. I don't really look at "on fire" stats or give it much credit in-game, so I checked to see if this claim is something that has happened to me...

On-Fire time (minutes):

S1: 5:32
S2: 3:45
S3: 2:28
S4: 1:24

Season 1 is basically a write off considering the adjustments made to Zen and a lot of other heroes. Buuuuut when considering the key categories for Zen, I have improved or stayed the same with each season since.

Averages (S2, S3, S4):

Defensive Assists: 23, 23, 28
Offensive Assists: 22, 22, 28
Healing: 8200, 8900, 9100
Damage: 9300, 10700, 11700

In fact... this current competitive season is statistically my best, and yet I'm down a full minute of "On fire" time since last season? I've also noticed the end of game showcasing me on a card more often than not, so I am standing out from the crowd, but I'm failing to satisfy the real-time 'on fire' metric

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 30, 2017, 17:28 theglaze

Antlion Audio ModMic 5 on pcGameware.
I owned two of these, both from the 2.x generation. Sound quality, design, and function of ModMic is great... there really aren't comparable alternatives that I am aware of.

However, both of my ModMic's failed. One was blamed on me (rolled over the cable with a chair, breaking the connection), and the second failed to unknown reasons. I think I had it replaced twice, and then I just gave up on it.

That said, I imagine they've made big design improvements in the last 4 years, and I'm tempted to try it again

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Mar 16, 2017, 10:36 theglaze

El Pit wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 09:28:
and that stupid girl before him just stood there waiting for shit to happen

Buuuuut O M G look at those TWO hand bags she has!! Sooo going to follow her on Instagram

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Mar 16, 2017, 01:17 theglaze

I played the new map once in a competitive match, seems like they went out of their way to make it very different than any other map in the rotation.

New maps are usually T sides until successful defensive strategies are discovered, and this played out no different. Bombsite B is very unusual as a narrow, covered bridge about 40 feet above a canal. Seemed impossible to defend.

Interesting addition to the rotation, and I'm sure many changes will be made.

News Comments > Lucio Changes and More Revealed in Overwatch AMA
9. Re: Lucio Changes and More Revealed in Overwatch AMA Mar 14, 2017, 16:20 theglaze

I feel like they keep catering to shitty players?

I have played against devastating Winston's, always hoping in for quick dmg and then out again. So hard to kill, just keeps harassing, and then he goes banana's with his ult very frequently. Causing chaos so other teammates can isolate picks.

And Lucio is a blast, perhaps the easy hero to rock without any need for team radio...heck I usually play him while listening to my own music. The trick is getting your teammates to chase down a hurt enemy with his speed boost, and having a good secondary healer because he's just not enough.

430 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo