Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 593 (Apprentice)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 10, 2018, 22:16 theglaze

As an actor that can play vulnerable, satanical, volatile, and sarcastic... I think he's a great pick for a story arch that falls into one of DC's best villains.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rocket League Anniversary Plans
1. Re: Rocket League Anniversary Plans Jul 4, 2018, 12:55 theglaze

I’m surprised these guys haven’t introduced a Battle Royale mode...  

News Comments > DAKAR 18 in September
2. Re: DAKAR 18 in September Jul 4, 2018, 07:33 theglaze

Cutter wrote on Jul 3, 2018, 22:06:
Why the hell is it called the Dakar Rally if it takes place in South America?

Land mines were a major issue with many deaths since the 90’s. I believe there were kidnapings and/or robbery of event workers and the support teams that are temporarily in small towns.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 2, 2018, 16:05 theglaze

Armengar wrote on Jul 1, 2018, 10:32:
I haven't used SLI since running 1024x768 on my voodoo 2 pair (king of the hill back then!). How does SLI stack up on older cards? I have a 960 and can pick up another cheap 960. My mobo (surprisingly) does have 2 slots so I can theoretically SLI them, im sure my PSU can support both too.

Is it worth bothering though? I know that ideally a new GFX would be preferable, but if you already have an old card and can pick up a cheap identical one, would it be worthwhile doing so?

Once you stick the other card in and physically link them using a SLI Bridge (probably need to buy that separately), you just enable SLI within the GeForce drivers. That’s it. Games that support SLI should auto-detect it; games that don’t support SLI will just use the primary card.

Should you do it?
- Are there titles that you enjoy which also support SLI? Is there room to bump up quality or FPS?
- Maybe you like to tinker and enjoy benchmarking and recording performance.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 1, 2018, 08:39 theglaze

Crossfire/SLI use to be a go to for me in my rig.

Hell I even had an ATI 4870X2 and tossed in another 4870 for triple GPU action! I have no idea how my Corsair 750W PSU could deal with that...

Pick up a single, affordable mainstream GPU and then six months to a year down the line buy another one - possibly for less than the price of your first one - and net the same level of performance you’d get from a more expensive high-end graphics card.

That was the strategy. Buy the GPU that is one step below the flagship (GTX 670 instead of 680) and when prices reduce, or the GTX 780 comes out, buy a cheaper 670 and you're going faster than the latest single GPU on market. I did that for years...

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 10:13:
So, SLI/crossfire may be all but dead for mainstream gaming, but one place it has a potentially bright future is VR.

I totally agree. Perhaps the current headsets just don't offer the resolution to really show off eye-candy graphics. Yes, some games already challenge a 1080Ti, but in the headset, they don't look THAT much better than regular VR titles.

IMO, that won't last much longer, and I believe like you that SLI/Crossfire will be the only way to run the near-4k-VR-headsets.

News Comments > Fortnite Sets Monthly F2P Sales Record
9. Re: Fortnite Sets Monthly F2P Sales Record Jun 27, 2018, 17:50 theglaze

My only beef with this is that the game is shit...

I really hope Battlefield can become the AAA Battle Royale mode with the foundation of a proper shooter with great level design, physics, graphics, gun-play, vehicles, etc, etc.

PUBG and Fornite are meant for smelly casuals!

News Comments > Battlefield V in October
40. Re: Battlefield V in October May 24, 2018, 15:00 theglaze

TBH, if any FPS franchise could actually present a solid Battle Royale mode... it's this one!

Massive Maps and player count = A cornerstone of the franchise
Vehicles = Have your pick
Gun-play depth = Miles ahead of the other popular titles
Parachutes = Just pull the cord

Add in artillery barrages or gas attacks to simulate the safe zone, and they'd have the best Battle Royale mode on the market...

I guess we'll just have to settle for the normal BF experience: random public lobbies with ridiculously skilled team hogging the best vehicle (which no one can kill) and the endless cycle of spawn kiling.

Can't wait Blank

News Comments > Battlefield V Set in WW2?
4. Re: Battlefield V Set in WW2? May 21, 2018, 17:48 theglaze

Why can't they just make up more interesting and completely impossible wars? Disregard the limitations of "reality", and let's have some fun!

This is a god damn video game, not a history book. How about...

Antarctica vs. Australia
New Zealand vs. Argentina
Canada vs. Mexico
India vs. Mongolia
Turkey vs. Norway
USA vs. Egypt
UK vs. Brazil

News Comments > Shenmue III Release Date Shen-Moved
1. Re: Shenmue III Release Date Shen-Moved May 16, 2018, 11:42 theglaze

My Japanese is a little rusty, but I remember from the previous two titles that Shenmue means "delayed release" in English  

News Comments > F1 2018 in August
1. Re: F1 2018 in August May 15, 2018, 13:43 theglaze

Glad to hear they aren't going backwards in the development of the new title, at least when it comes to content.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 May 13, 2018, 21:55 theglaze

RedEye9 wrote on May 13, 2018, 19:57:
Sepharo wrote on May 13, 2018, 19:32:
There was an update to CS gun mechanics?
That is / would be very surprising.
By mechanics does he mean stuff like this
We’re all used to Valve tinkering with the guns in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/category/updates/
Release Notes for 3/20-22/2018
– Adjustments to the Negev:— Improved accuracy while firing in bursts— Slightly reduced time until significant accuracy recovery— Price lowered to $1700— Reduced armor penetration— Movement speed is significantly reduced while firing

From the last year:

2018.02.08 Shotguns
2017.09.14 Glock & P250
2017.08.17 Five-Seven
2017.08.07 Tec-9
2017.05.23 UMP-45

6. Re: Steam Top 10 May 13, 2018, 15:24 theglaze

Dev wrote on May 13, 2018, 14:35:
theglaze wrote on May 13, 2018, 14:27:
RedEye9 wrote on May 13, 2018, 14:10:
jdreyer wrote on May 13, 2018, 13:05:
Sad that the top two games came out more than a year ago.
Happy that CSGO is not on the list.

I can’t remember the last time CSGO wasn’t on the list.

Don't worry, valve still pulled in tons of money from skins and stuff from it.

I track the value of my collection via a spreadsheet (yes I know there are websites for that). It’s interesting to see how updates to gun mechanics directly affect market value. For whtever reason, my knife is worth more now than ever before...

3. Re: Steam Top 10 May 13, 2018, 14:27 theglaze

RedEye9 wrote on May 13, 2018, 14:10:
jdreyer wrote on May 13, 2018, 13:05:
Sad that the top two games came out more than a year ago.
Happy that CSGO is not on the list.

I can’t remember the last time CSGO wasn’t on the list.

News Comments > Fortnite 50v50 Returns
7. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Returns May 12, 2018, 02:45 theglaze

Muscular Beaver wrote on May 12, 2018, 00:58:
Jivaro wrote on May 11, 2018, 22:54:
Never in a million years would I have guessed that this game would be as popular as it has become. I was sure Epic was going to flop hard with this one not so long ago. Shows what I know I guess.
Whats so great about them that they stay that relevant?

It’s the gameplay format that’s addditive; the execution of code/engine/etc from the developer has become irrelevant.

I think some of the fundamentals for attracting new players are:

1. The very idea of “last man standing” is exciting; a single death ends your match which adds more suspense.
2. A players performance is constantly being communicated (displayed player count and zone) and that is critical to provide dopamine reward loop.
3. Luck is a significant factor, but get a “good” roll of item pickup and leverage against opponents, and a player can get much farther than their skill would normally allow.
4. Easy repetition; joining a new match instantly after a loss keeps the player engaged.
5. It’s $FREE.99

News Comments > Get F1 2015 for Free
2. Re: Get F1 2015 for Free Apr 27, 2018, 20:23 theglaze

Yeah I picked it up a few weeks ago, doesn’t work with XB1 Controller. Could be a workaround on her forums.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2018, 11:35 theglaze

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 11:06:
That Something fell out of the sky video is most likely a boiler explosion. Looks like the top of a pressure vessel with what look to be collars for flanges.

Could be the top of an asphalt concrete mixing/holding tank, because the same thing nearly hit my car.

While I was working within an industrial area, there was a loud "explosion" strong enough to sway the building I was in. Power was also lost.

We evacuated, and found the lid of an asphalt tank (looked exactly like that video) next to the parking lot. It had flown about 400 feet, over a 4 lane highway and clipped a power line on its descent, spinning away from cars and other buildings. My car had soil on it from the lid's impact. Some building/car windows were cracked and smaller fragments of mental did hit other vehicles.

A welder was working on the exterior of the asphalt tank, which he assumed was empty. Eventually the pressure built up from the heat and it combusted. One of the ladders leaning against the tank was ejected legs first into a nearby truck, impaling the driver side door. From my understanding, the welder was the only person critically injured.

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans?
26. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 09:52 theglaze

At least EA has extensive technical knowledge with creating extremely large maps, supporting large player counts with intertwined gameplay mechanics, and operating the network infrastructure to support all that.

PUBG and Fortnite play cluncky and unpolished, partly because of the comparison to the standard EA has put forth with Battlefield, Battlefront, COD, etc.

*awaits a beheading for extending a compliment to EA*

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 12, 2018, 12:17 theglaze

Long live King Wiebe!

This makes the movie “King of Kong” even more enthralling; Mitchell always came across as a sleazy winner and parts of the documentary seemed ridiculous and too convenient for him.

Glad to see the challenger, Steve Wiebe, be crowed the first player to hit a million points!

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Apr 11, 2018, 13:26 theglaze

Prez wrote on Apr 11, 2018, 13:00:
people seem to want diversity for diversity's sake - to avoid the stigma of being anti-diversity because it looks bad to people who care about such things

I totally agree.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2018, 15:49 theglaze

Marvin Gaye What's Going On, What's Happening Brother, Flyin' High (In The Friendly Sky)

Shout out to Beck's Odelay, I'd go with The New Pollution, Derelict, Novacane

593 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo