Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 622 (Apprentice)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DCS: World Free Weekend
3. Re: DCS: World Free Weekend Sep 29, 2018, 19:28 theglaze

https://youtu.be/huVi6rdPE4I

Classic video, pretty funny with casual gamers trying to fly the A10 Warthog. Start from the beginning and wait for the plot twist (less than 10 mins into the video).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DiRT Rally 2.0 Announced
3. Re: DiRT Rally 2.0 Announced Sep 26, 2018, 18:43 theglaze

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 26, 2018, 12:21:
Skipped the original game because they donít support my VR headset. Even if I would have spent most of my time playing it on a monitor, Iím not going to financially reward them for only supporting one headset (there are now 7 headsets and dirt rally still only works on one), especially if it isnít my headset.

Only works on the Rift?

It has limited options to set up VR, and for me, itís one of the few titles that makes me nauseous. Not sure why, I can race asphalt sims no problem, even do TrackMania VR with crazy speeds and upsidedown loops. Thereís something off about Rallyís implementation of VR for me, making it unplayable.

News Comments > GRIP: Combat Racing Multiplayer Details
1. Re: GRIP: Combat Racing Multiplayer Details Sep 19, 2018, 18:58 theglaze

Arena mode could be fun.. miss me some Twisted Metal  

News Comments > Frozen Synapse 2 Released
2. Re: Frozen Synapse 2 Released Sep 14, 2018, 08:47 theglaze

I'm also enjoyed the first title. The multiplayer was actually quite fun, and I like the idea of a quick, 1-round mode. I've added it to the wishlist!  

News Comments > Assetto Corsa Competizione Early Access
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 13, 2018, 13:28 theglaze

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 13, 2018, 12:29:
Nah, not in a series (unless you count working for a race team - not as a driver), but I live near a racetrack and you can rent such cars like that. Not to mention my private car has far over 500 HP and I drive it on that racetrack for fun.
Theres simply no comparison. What you call thrill can be achieved with any other game. Doesnt have to be a racing game. But its truly very thrilling to keep your precious car from crashing, while still pushing it to the limits, avoiding a lot of wasted money, while getting better lap times all the time.

True, a thrill can be obtained in other games, and even a well executed racing simulator will not provide the seat-of-the-pants experience that a real race car on a track will provide. That said, I still see a lot of benefits to sim racing that most of us non-professional drivers can enjoy today, if one is willing to accept the limitations of the experience.

As far as motion simulators go.. this kickstarter may challenge the SimXperience style motion platforms because it uses gravity to simulate g-forces:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/feelthree/feel-three-virtual-reality-motion-simulator

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 13, 2018, 13:11 theglaze

Orogogus wrote on Sep 13, 2018, 11:27:
Have you had a chance to try any of the higher resolution headsets, like the Vive Pro or the Samsung Odyssey? I'm curious if the ~70% increased pixel count is enough to resolve distant fuzzy blobs into cars and spaceships.

I haven't used the latest headsets... but I am also curious! I can imagine 70% is better, but it wonít be enough. In fact, it may make distance viewing even more jarring considering how beautiful the interior of the car will look.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 13, 2018, 09:11 theglaze

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 20:27:
I recently decided to build a racing sim pit instead of investing in VR, so bring on the new generation of racers! Cant wait to play dirt rally and forza 7 on a proper force feedback wheel, along with the realistic sims like project cars and assetto corsa. If VR manages to come down in price while updating the visuals, that will be something I can add to this setup in the future as well.

Dirty Rally is amazing, the best thing this side of Richard Burns. Forza 7 (demo) was a complete bust, but PCars2 fills that void on PC.

VR is great, even with low resolution, so don't wait too long before joining in on the fun!

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 13, 2018, 09:04 theglaze

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 23:49:
I cant find anything great about racing sims anymore, after Ive driven cars like that in real life.
The feedback of the car and the feeling of physics is missing completely. A vibrating steering wheel is pathetic.
You would need a real hydraulic device on which your screen and seat is mounted on. And thats still very expensive. And then there would still be the question if the devs got the cars right, which I know they dont very often.

Youíve raced in a series like Blancpain? Trading paint against other +500bhp cars around some of the best racing circuits in the world? Competing for championship points to climb the ladder above your competition? What a thrill!

I've driven fast cars and motorcycles, some track time in open wheel racers, so I can't relate.

Perhaps my ignorance is bliss? But I do appreciate the online competition found in iRacing, the challenge of tuning a car for each week's race track, and executing on-track maneuvers to translate all that practice time into results.

Hopefully ACC can deliver on its multiplayer experience, and challenge the industry leaders.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Free Premium Pass
13. Re: Battlefield 1 Free Premium Pass Sep 12, 2018, 09:16 theglaze

DangerDog wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 02:03:
SirKnight wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 22:39:
I downloaded the BF V beta and totally forgot to try it out. Kind of lame they didn't let it last very long.

You didn't miss a whole lot, there's going to be a second beta - before launch, yes everyone loves to call DICE's releases beta but there's rumor to be another beta probably next month.

The infantry combat felt okay, some didn't like the fast TTK though. They've implemented a system to restrict health and ammo, you start with just a couple of mags and then have to refill at either ammo stations, ammo packs tossed from support or dead enemies. Same deal with health, you need med packs and every class can carry one with them to heal up on without needing a medic nearby, but you have to top off at a supply station to get one.

I think the thing that didn't go over universally was the respawn system where downed players have to wait for a timer to expire until they can respawn, you have just a little bit of control on the bleed out time but not much.

Despite all these attempts at adding in team play reinforcements and trying to slow the pace of the game down, every game played like a race track running around capturing points on the map. The game loop felt completely broken and the carry over vehicle spawn system from previous battlefields where you have to hang out in the menu to get a tank or a plane was off putting.

The UI was pretty sad as well, and the weapon unlock system was basically a decision tree like from an RPG and there were things labelled "faster bullets". If you want to try the other branch of the decision tree you have to buy a duplicate gun and then do the unlock grind for the other side. No longer do you adjust your gunplay with attachments. they're strictly cosmetic.

I didn't mind the inclusion of women characters but the sound recordings for the voice over was a bit off putting, especially the screams when they're down.

worth a look and a laugh if you don't take him too seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdFh-_sR9-k&d=

BF4 premium pass is free as well.

Solid points; I agree!

News Comments > Saturday Previews
8. Re: Saturday Previews Sep 9, 2018, 09:35 theglaze

They had it ďrightĒ, as a whole, with Bad Company 2.... EIGHT years ago!

IMO, they increasingly screwed the pooch with every BF game since.

And I agree with the article, plus these upgrades are boring too. Just statistical upgrades instead of changing the style of the gun to match the players gameplay style.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2018, 09:47.

News Comments > Battlefield V Beta Opens
21. Re: Battlefield V Beta Opens Sep 6, 2018, 23:05 theglaze

Breakthrough mode was interesting, played like Rush but the map in beta seems less linear, more frantic.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Beta Opens
1. Re: Battlefield V Beta Opens Sep 6, 2018, 11:48 theglaze

Installed and tried to run it, wouldnít let me connect because of some kind of squad error.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Aug 22, 2018, 20:20 theglaze

I just never found it funny

https://youtu.be/Il_asp-0lq4

News Comments > BATTLETECH FLASHPOINT in NOVEMBER
3. Re: BATTLETECH FLASHPOINT in NOVEMBER Aug 21, 2018, 14:35 theglaze

Itís on Steam sale right now, 30% off and Iíve been eyeing it for awhile. Maybe I should take the plunge...  

News Comments > Final F1 2018 Video Diary
1. Re: Final F1 2018 Video Diary Aug 20, 2018, 22:37 theglaze

Wow... may just be the prettiest racing game on PC  

News Comments > NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month
39. Re: NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month Aug 20, 2018, 18:14 theglaze

Slick wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 16:38:
For anyone who missed it... THIS is the only reason

Yes, that is cool... but I donít play BF in slow-mo looking at puddles!

And me being slightly competitive in FPS games, all of that extra movement from reflections will have a direct impact on the ability/opportunity to spot enemies, so Iíd probably turn it off in multiplayer

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend
3. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend Aug 18, 2018, 17:34 theglaze

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 16:42:
Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 14:41:
Game's already dying, huh? Guess if they want people to keep playing it and bringing new blood in it'll have to go F2P.

That's usually the takeaway when they offer their "premium" game for free pretty much every other weekend. The final death knell is usually a daily reward system for logging in every day, and I expect we'll see that before the end of the year.

There has always been a 1500xp bonus for first win of the day.

As for dying, itís a blizzard game! Their titles donít freakin die!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 13, 2018, 23:40 theglaze

ASUS Introduces RGB FX External Hard Drive.

lol

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 13, 2018, 15:32 theglaze

Cutter wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 11:40:
Musk is a dilettante.

He's a great marketer in drumming up hype and demand... but Tesla is over-promising and under-delivering. The kiss of death for most businesses.

News Comments > Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week
12. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 10, 2018, 17:04 theglaze

I enjoy the thrill and team tactics of BR modes, but PUBG and Fortnite are rubbish.

Especially if this game doesnít have Rush, itís the execution of their BR mode that will make this a buy/no-buy for me.

622 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo