Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 865 (Graduate)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday

47. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday Nov 20, 2019, 08:49 theglaze

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 20, 2019, 06:27:
This HL VR game is 99% guaranteed to be a Vive/Index exclusive OR it will be shittified for other VR sets to the point that only Vive/Index are going to be a viable option to play this shit on.

It's the Index controllers, man, the best motion controllers released to date. They offer a new depth in input that will mind blow people today...

The controllers will completely change in-game problem solving from "Press A" to interact, to "Reach down and move a piece of metal sheeting, discover an object you've been searching for. Pick it up and rotate in your hands to find the keyhole, use the fragile key in your other hand, apply gentle pressure to unlock it by loosening your grip of the controller, observing the rumble feedback as your try to turn the key, maybe a jiggle, so you don't break the key inside the hole..... you hear a headcrab squawk behind you! Quick!!!... switch to your crowbar and smack it out of the air as it jumps to mount your face!!!"

Just wait, gentlemen, for 11pm PST.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2019, 09:28.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx VR Game Plans Leaked?

4. Re: Half-Life: Alyx VR Game Plans Leaked? Nov 18, 2019, 12:17 theglaze

Bill Borre wrote on Nov 18, 2019, 12:08:
Too scary for me. When you consider it, the Half-Life universe is pretty grim. I wouldn't want a VR experience that's likely to induce PTSD.

Beating down squawking head crabs with a crowbar as they fly into your face, while you're wearing a Hazmat, standing within an industrial wasteland...

Sign. Me. Up!

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx VR Game Plans Leaked?

2. Re: Half-Life: Alyx VR Game Plans Leaked? Nov 18, 2019, 11:56 theglaze

The new Valve Index controllers (that sense grip, and are strapped to your knuckles so you can ‘let go’ of digital objects) are BUILT for a Half-Life puzzle experience. Valve has the potential to blow people's minds with this.  

News Comments > etc., etc.

2. Re: etc., etc. Nov 12, 2019, 22:53 theglaze

Finally, a company that actually knows something about ergonomics is sliding into the space. Perhaps others will step up their game, because 90% of "gaming" chairs are a pathetic cash grab on Joe Fragger.  

News Comments > Op Ed

27. Re: Op Ed Nov 8, 2019, 15:11 theglaze

It's totally acceptable to pick up a book, read some, and not finish it. Why can't a game be like that?

If it's fun, it shouldn't matter how "long" it is unless you want the closure of completing it. I've got hundreds of hours in rougelikes that lack story and endings... and I will play a game like Bioshock Infinite or GTAV to 70% completion and just stop. IDK about "finishing" it.

News Comments > On Videogame Safety

4. Re: On Videogame Safety Nov 6, 2019, 17:07 theglaze

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Nov 6, 2019, 15:55:
I would have probably been a hippie that never took risks.

That doesn't sound too bad to me, puff puff pass to the left!

News Comments > Game Reviews

1. Re: Game Reviews Nov 6, 2019, 12:49 theglaze

Oooooooooooof  

News Comments > etc.

1. Re: etc. Nov 5, 2019, 18:08 theglaze

It received £42m in tax credits from the government’s video games tax relief scheme...equivalent to 19% of the total relief paid...

Brutal

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers

8. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Nov 5, 2019, 07:59 theglaze

MeanJim wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 21:43:
phinn wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 16:10:
Make sure you set Nvidia Ultra Low Latency to "on" and the monitor to 144Hz in NVCP also.

I guess you missed this a few weeks ago: 40% Less Input Lag Without AMD Anti-Lag or NVidia Ultra-Low Latency

Whoa! I guess that explains why it is off by default

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers

1. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Nov 4, 2019, 13:10 theglaze

Anyone here use GSYNC on a FreeSync “compatible” monitor?

I recently tried the LG 27GL850 1440p 144Hz monitor that came out this summer, has a big’ol “GSYNC Compatible” sticker right on the bezel! The image colours, especially the blacks, were very impressive for an IPS panel. The ghosting/responsiveness of screen when using GYSNC, however, was not as good as comparable, full GYSNC monitor. I think the latency difference was subtle, but for me, immediately noticeable in a side-by-side.

News Comments > Pro Fortnite Player Banned

8. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 13:02 theglaze

He's crying???? BAAAAAAhahahahahahah  

News Comments > etc.

1. Re: etc. Nov 4, 2019, 10:59 theglaze

Popular Gaming Website Kotaku Might Be Going Away In Wake of Controversial Management Decisions…

The ads on ebaumsworld are worse! Hah

News Comments > Four Steam Games Free for the Weekend

2. Re: Four Steam Games Free for the Weekend Nov 2, 2019, 14:40 theglaze

roguebanshee wrote on Nov 2, 2019, 13:00:
Of these four I can recommend Gremlins Inc., but only if you enjoy competetive board games. Also, the DLC and Steam item drops for the game are purely cosmetic. It's been fairly well supported for several years and still gets regular free content updates.

Agreed! Gremlins is great, you can play solo to get use to the flow of the game and strategies. PvP games can be long (+45mins) if people are slow to make their plays. There are also tournaments (monthly?) which can have different rule sets and rewards (only cosmetic).

News Comments > Overwatch 2 Announced

10. Re: Overwatch 2 Announced Nov 2, 2019, 11:00 theglaze

Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 1, 2019, 23:21:
I remember playing Left 4 Dead religiously for years

Great point!

Within the L4D Versus mode, it was regular players going through a chapter in the co-op campaign, however, the special zombies were played by other players.

That was absolutely fantastic because there was still a horde of regular zombies to kill, but the other team was strategizing and using tactics beyond what any programmer can script into the special zombies and their abilities. All players needed to know the map layouts more thoroughly, use tighter teamwork, and anticipate the moves of the opponent.

I'm only interested in OW2 if it has a similar PvP+E (?).

News Comments > Diablo IV Announced

18. Re: Diablo IV Announced Nov 1, 2019, 20:44 theglaze

I dig the animation style, it has that surreal, pixel fluidity that was perfected before the dawn of the polygon era.  

News Comments > Overwatch 2 Announced

1. Re: Overwatch 2 Announced Nov 1, 2019, 19:08 theglaze

Meanwhile, in an interesting twist, the PvP multiplayer side of the game will allow Overwatch 2 players to play along with the existing Overwatch community.

That is interesting, avoids segmenting the community. I wonder what other caveats of OW2 will entice PvP-only players to 'upgrade' to the 'new' game?

News Comments > EA Games Returning to Steam

71. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 30, 2019, 10:14 theglaze

phinn wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 10:07:
Hoping that Battlefield Bad Company 3 launches on Steam in Q4 2020.

You're making my mouth water... Party2

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 28, 2019, 15:06 theglaze

Nullity wrote on Oct 28, 2019, 14:19:
until our 3nm Dried-up Lake architecture is expected to be ready during 2H 2028".

Laugh2

News Comments > Overwatch 2 Announcement at BlizzCon?

6. Re: Overwatch 2 Announcement at BlizzCon? Oct 28, 2019, 13:10 theglaze

Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 28, 2019, 12:03:
I'd be really surprised if they announce anything remotely interesting to pc gamers. But I've been surprised in the past, so can't rule it out.

OW2 isn't interesting to PC gamers?! I'm amazed OW is so popular on consoles, I could never figure out FPS thumb-aiming.

chickenboo wrote on Oct 28, 2019, 11:27:
I played about 3-4 hours of Overwatch and came away not really impressed. I did like healing, but shooting was weird because every weapon has small clip sizes so you're reloading what feels like every 4 seconds or less.

Yes, but there's infinite ammo available, so the ONLY downtime for outputting damage is the reload action, or if you're shooting is disrupted by the actions of the opponent.

I'm also surprised to hear of OW2, and these rumors suggest that existing maps will be remodeled within the new game. The content they are alluding to could easily be added into the existing game. So I agree, this is just a cash grab to get millions to buy a full-priced game again, and go through the same loot box grind (or shortcut with microstransactions)

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance

2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 23, 2019, 22:11 theglaze

Investigating the link between video games and memory. WTF?

Weird analysis. Research article is here. They used Angry Birds for the gaming scenario.

Perhaps the conditions of the experiment are most relevant to those who mobile game while working, for example, completing a short task followed by a quick gaming session.

Personally, I find it difficult to engage in gaming and then just flip the switch to work, and subsequently flipping back and forth.

865 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >