Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 379 (Amateur)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Winter Event Next Week?
4. Re: Overwatch Winter Event Next Week? Dec 7, 2016, 16:33 theglaze

Phasenoise wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 16:28:
The mental shift from pharah in thigh highs to roadhog with red velvet butt floss is something nobody should experience.

lol

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Overwatch Season 3 Placement
6. Re: On Overwatch Season 3 Placement Dec 3, 2016, 16:47 theglaze

SO I did my placement for season 3, and tried to look at some numbers:

I took note of the highest Skill Rank achieved by both my teammates and my opponents in Season 2, here's how the numbers crunched:

2771 = My Season 2 Rank
2871 = My Teams Average Season 2 Rank
2898 = My Opponents Average Season 2 Rank

Placement Results:
9 wins / 1 loss
1.00 Average Gold award
0.85 Average Silver award
0.71 Average Bronze award

2804 = My Season 3 Placement Rank

While playing almost entirely support during those matches (solo queue), the system gave me a rank LOWER than both the opponents I beat AND my own teammates! That doesn't add up...

The other bizarre thing is the consistency of the average skill rating for the group. With each successive win, one would assume that the system would challenge me against higher ranked players...

My Teams Season 2 Skill vs. Opponents (matches 4 through 10)
2884 vs. 2888
2857 vs. 2962
2755 vs. 3011
2916 vs. 2850
2858 vs. 2846
2903 vs. 2925
2923 vs. 2808

Despite winning, my opponents average skill marginally DROPPED towards the end of the placement process

In fact, the average team skill varied 1-2% during placement, and when considered it's out of 5000, it essentially remained the same.

News Comments > On Overwatch Season 3 Placement
4. Re: On Overwatch Season 3 Placement Dec 2, 2016, 16:14 theglaze

I REALLY want a job where I can do this...analyzing data captured during a players gameplay to develop greater insight into that user, his or her ability to play the game, performance trends, etc...

Overwatch is an exceedingly complicated game with an overwhelming number of ways to analyze a player's performance and compare it to others. I am not surprised Blizzard has struck out on this with 3 failed attempts to implement a consistent and fair skill-based match making system.

IMO, it means they have a misunderstanding of how to tackle it at a high-level and they're using the wrong metrics to determine skill for certain heroes, or altogether are missing the data capture points they need.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2016, 12:41 theglaze

Cespedes is a monster...his performance in the 2013 home run derby was dominating! Scary to think the Mets will have him for his power years, 31 to 35 years of age.

2013 Derby: https://youtu.be/zwLETSLqgb8

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Nov 18, 2016, 14:52 theglaze

Zalman ZM-K650WP Gaming Keyboard on AnandTech. Waterproof at $30.

You mean beer proof, right!? Cheers

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Released
1. Re: Killing Floor 2 Released Nov 18, 2016, 11:02 theglaze

About time!

Lots of ups and downs during its development...I'm curious to see how this 'full release' plays

News Comments > Overwatch Sombra Launch
12. Re: Overwatch Sombra Launch Nov 16, 2016, 15:18 theglaze

Nimh wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 10:28:
Is matchmaker any better? No mention of it in the notes.

In what sense?

Changes are loosely mentioned somewhere there for next season, and there oare statements made in the Bliz forums, like this one:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749698219

News Comments > Overwatch Sombra Launch
9. Re: Overwatch Sombra Launch Nov 16, 2016, 09:35 theglaze

I'm a big fan of the Arcade and the game modes it has, there's a lot of transferable skills and specific gmaplay tactics that become highlighted in the modes. 3vs3 showcases the power of effective teamwork with heroes that compliment each other, but individual efforts can still make a difference. And I learnt a lot with 1vs1 and seeing how others use certain heroes and my own deficiencies.

[edit] I also thinking 1 hero restriction in Quickplay was overdue but I'm glad they've finally implemented it (for good?). One of my fav brawls was random heroes, and I'm stoked it's implemented as a staple of the Arcade, I think it's the best as a warmup before diving into a couple competitive matches.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2016, 10:13.

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend
9. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend Nov 10, 2016, 12:46 theglaze

Quinn wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 12:07:
Haven't had this much consecutive fun in years.

Ditto

And there are some heroes I've yet to play since competitive launched, like Genji, Reaper, Junkrat, Tracer, Zarya, D.VA, Hanzo, McCree....

Which is why I really enjoy this weeks Brawl, random heroes upon death, because it reminds me that there's so much depth and style to each one. Although trying to stop 3 Zarya's from pushing a cart was impossible

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend
2. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend Nov 10, 2016, 11:11 theglaze

I don't think Overwatch has been on an official sale since it launched...  

News Comments > TrackMania Turbo Adds VR Support
3. Re: TrackMania Turbo Adds VR Support Nov 8, 2016, 14:31 theglaze

Barf bags included?

I love me some TrackMania, but VR enabled? Puke

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Nov 2, 2016, 17:47 theglaze

Those headphones are $3000.....

I love my HiFiMAN HE-400’s, the best sounding headphones I’ve ever owned…but were also the most expensive I’ve ever heard.

But they are sitting next to my computer in pieces having fallen apart due to poor engineering choices and manufacturing execution. Those HE-1000’s @ $3000 appear to be significantly higher in quality and design, but I caution anyone dropping big bucks on their equipment, even with their latest generation designs.

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
31. Re: Nintendo Switch Announced Oct 20, 2016, 15:46 theglaze

I wonder if it can do augmentation games like Pokemon GO...because that was a great tech demo that showed what is possible and the interest in it. This thing will then be in a space all by itself, more gaming capable than other mobile devices, and no competition from MS/Sony who are pushing 4K/VR first.  

News Comments > Valve on Illegal Skin Gambling
8. Re: Valve on Illegal Skin Gambling Oct 18, 2016, 12:46 theglaze

descender wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 11:54:
People always love to blame Valve's for some reason... you could also "gamble" exactly like this in literally any other game that allows in-game item trading. It's not their fault that people use their in-game trading system for things like this. They could use CS:GO skins to barter for hookers on craigslist if they really wanted to and Valve would still not be to blame.

True.

The problem is that CSGO is a video game, and that intrinsically means it includes a large number of minors who should not have any access to traditional gambling of items with monetary value. Valve's enabling the business practice by providing the backend systems to support transactions, plus selling the content to begin with.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2016, 12:53.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 17, 2016, 15:48 theglaze

Both reviewers for Battlefield 1 say it's as good or better than Bad Company 2...you have my attention Dice!  

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Resparks Inferno
2. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Resparks Inferno Oct 14, 2016, 17:05 theglaze

About time!

Inferno always use to be a grind, and in pro competitive play, the number of fakes the offense runs to try to get defensive rotations can be numerous, pushing the round timer to the end. I've watched a few tourney's with great inferno matchups, and others so drawn out it was hard to enjoy it.

Hopefully this helps!

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 13, 2016, 13:31 theglaze

I never played Shadow Warrior, but after these reviews, the sequel is now on my radar!  

News Comments > Evening Patches
4. Re: Evening Patches Oct 7, 2016, 22:08 theglaze

Last time I played CS with sprays, trolls spammed the most disgusting images they could find from the darkest corners of the internet...

So a monetized system gets a pass from me, and the fact that each spray can only be tagged 50 times before being depleted is alright with me too. Adds significance to what use to be abused.

Just wish they had new art out there, seems like there's a lot of repeats from gun sticker collections.

News Comments > WRC 6 Released
1. Re: WRC 6 Released Oct 7, 2016, 22:02 theglaze

I just picked up Dirt Rally on sale, massive improvement over previous efforts, but I'll also be keeping an eye on this one.  

379 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo