Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 792 (Graduate)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gloomhaven Early Access
2. Re: Gloomhaven Early Access Jul 17, 2019, 11:54 theglaze

Me wants.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jul 17, 2019, 09:40 theglaze

"Look, at that... horse." YouTube  

News Comments > GRID System Specs
2. Re: GRID System Specs Jul 15, 2019, 12:13 theglaze

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 15, 2019, 11:32:
100 gigs for a racing game now? Did they forget to compress all the sounds, music, and textures or something, because I haven't heard anything about it being a 1:1 scale open world game.

Holy crap!

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Delayed
2. Re: Psychonauts 2 Delayed Jul 11, 2019, 12:19 theglaze

Trailer looks good! Worth the wait  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
15. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 4, 2019, 12:47 theglaze

Simon Says wrote on Jul 3, 2019, 20:29:
Someone should probably watch the video

While the topic may be worth discussion, the video is poorly executed, because:

• 90% of the content is from +10 years ago

• His verbiage grossly paints his opinions, and he presents few, if any, facts

• The sources he cites are opinion pieces, also dated

• Nothing new is presented or even half-assed extrapolated to current generations

• Don't give this dude a view; skip the video.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
    2. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 3, 2019, 12:29 theglaze

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 3, 2019, 11:56:
    Nope. Them fuckers biggest failure is not delivering Episode 3.

My fingers are crossed that HL3 will be the 'killer app' for Valve Index with it's next-gen VR controllers that detect finger positioning and (apparently) simulates a surreal feeling to picking up digital objects and wielding them... heck if Episode 3 was just beating VR headcrabs to death with a crowbar... I'd take it!!

And, yes, Valve Index + GPU is outside the financial reach of most. But the innovative future of gaming technology always is.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
    2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 1, 2019, 13:24 theglaze

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 12:00:
    Starz did a good job with American Gods, here's hoping Netflix does the same with Sandman.

Whoa, live action Sandman?

I agree about American Gods, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I found the novel to be inaccessible (to me) at certain points, and the show to be too blunt or simplistic, but the casting/acting and visuals/cinematography made up for that.

Looking forward to Sandman!

News Comments > Apex Legends Season 2 Videos
    6. Re: Apex Legends Season 2 Videos Jun 28, 2019, 10:04 theglaze

It's the server-side bias for the net code that still erks me. It's most evident at the start of a match, when 50 people are engaged in combat with dozens still flying through the air. It's like my character's movement is delay, as if wading through lag, as I jump through windows or open doors. Perhaps it creates a more even playing field and resolves some technical problems, but it certainly isn't crisp like CSGO 5vs5 or Overwatch.  

News Comments > Apex Legends Season 2 Videos
    3. Re: Apex Legends Season 2 Videos Jun 28, 2019, 00:04 theglaze

Launching now.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
    6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 26, 2019, 15:52 theglaze

Beamer wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 13:34:
    HorrorScope wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 13:00:
    Amazon - Yesterday I buy a ball cap online from them. Right after the transaction I think to myself, wow someone is going to hand delivery me a single ball cap on Thursday. In the past it was a drive to the store to buy many things including the cap. Cool this exists... however is it efficient and good for environment when each product gets its own personal delivery???

What's better: one deliver truck out delivering hundreds of things, or hundreds of cars out picking up one thing each?

What about all the re-attempts for delivery because people aren't available? Then there's the inefficient packaging… example:

I bought some software off Amazon, no media, just a code. They shipped me a box big enough to fit a couple dozen Bluray movies. Inside that was a single box, which contained nothing but a piece of paper with my code.

As a consumer, this was my cheapest/easiest option for me to get a code (besides pirating). And yet, it carried the highest environmental impact because of these inefficiencies.

News Comments > Game Reviews
    1. Re: Game Reviews Jun 19, 2019, 12:52 theglaze

Assetto Corsa Competizione review - an authentic racer that doesn't feel ready to leave early access • Eurogamer.net.

I removed the game install last week... they need more time with it! History is simply repeating itself; the original AC took +1yr for the dev to sort it out.. but the mod community was already off and running with new content.

ACC is currently locked down, with few opportunities for user created content. Kunos is now finding out what it's like to over-sell a neutered product, and under-deliver on the promises made.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
    2. Re: Videos of organs being harvested from living children are big on Facebook now. Jun 19, 2019, 11:30 theglaze

Gojo wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 10:45:
    What. The. Fuck.
    I've been on the interwebs since the early 90's and have seen all kinds of depravity. Goatse, tub girl, 2 girls 1 cup, and even the infrequent foray to liveleak. I know there's worse stuff out there, but this... holy shit! Just reading this is going to mess with me for years when I'm drifting off to sleep. Yeesh.

I'll quote the only lines someone actually needs to read from this article:

Delete it.

Delete Facebook now.

News Comments > Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike
    2. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Jun 19, 2019, 11:25 theglaze

I wonder if the old spam spots still work, allowing for AK frags through walls that are 6 feet thick of sandstone. Only one way to find out!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2019, 16:30 theglaze

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 16:18:
    Hoist rescue made me queasy.

Oh sweet baby jesus! Complete jaw drop reaction from me! Surprised

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
    1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 5, 2019, 12:18 theglaze

Swiftpoint Z Gaming Mouse on IGN.

That's a $250 USD mouse... hah!

News Comments > Game Reviews
    1. Re: Game Reviews Jun 3, 2019, 13:10 theglaze

Assetto Corsa Competizione on DSOGaming. PC performance analysis.

A lot of Early Access users claim the 0.7x release was significantly better, performance wise. In its current state, only a minority of users have a smooth (+60fps) experience.

News Comments > Team17 Game Announcement Plans and Hell Let Loose Trailer
    6. Re: Team17 Game Announcement Plans and Hell Let Loose Trailer Jun 2, 2019, 13:27 theglaze

It's the gameplay that matters the most to me, not the context. I'm down with a different dev/pub and their take on a WWII FPS, so I'll keep an eye on this.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare This October
    13. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare This October May 30, 2019, 16:19 theglaze

Is it the same thing to do the same thing, again and again? Is that the same?  

News Comments > Assetto Corsa Competizione Races Out of Early Access
    2. Re: Assetto Corsa Competizione Races Out of Early Access May 29, 2019, 22:53 theglaze

Hanover wrote on May 29, 2019, 22:32:
    Many of the threads in Steam speak of poorly optimized VR. Makes this a wait and see purchase for me.

I tried early access 3 times and, while using VR, I could not pass the very first screen. I wonder if they fixed that part of the sim

[edit] Yip, my mouse doesn't work while using VR. Tried a couple fixes, now I can't get it to run at all in VR. Maybe I'll try again on the weekend. I didn't touch the first Assetto Corsa until 6 months after release, I've had the expectation that I'd have to do the same with this one.

This comment was edited on May 29, 2019, 23:32.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
    3. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 29, 2019, 10:08 theglaze

I watched this video discussion via Adam Savage’s channel, and they made an interesting comment that ‘holding a digital swords sheath’ felt amazing natural with the new controllers. I couldn’t help but think “wouldn’t a crowbar feel great too?!”

HL3 should be the killer app, the headset and controllers look ready. Come on , Valve! I want to beat down some headcrabs!!!

792 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo