Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 477 (Amateur)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo
14. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo Sep 20, 2017, 15:44 theglaze

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 15:02:
Their press release for a Win 10 PC demo reads like this... shitbox... shitbox... shitbox... shitbox... and then shitbox some more.

Just proves again what they REALLY want people to do. Buy a shitbox and grab this exclusively for shitbox, of course. Shit this fuck. Never ever gonna happen.

At least it has a home? I hear PCARS2 has problems on all platforms..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo Sep 20, 2017, 14:32 theglaze

Ok...

- Force feedback was just car weight and rumble strips; there is no feedback for bumps, dips, puddles, or other features on the roads. The cars handling did not seem impacted by those things either, so turning off Simulation for Camera Motion Effects is important because all the bobbing and crap is just a distraction.

- The highest AI setting (Pro) is required; on all other settings the opponents get to an apex and do a secondary braking phase when they should be throttling through the exit. Overall behavior is a mixed bag, hard to tell if its exaggerated Drivatar's or the general execution of the algorithms.

- For my wheel setup, default values under Advance controls are not good enough. I need to drop Steering Sensitivity so I can use more of the wheels rotation, and use Steering Linearity to dial in the responsiveness. Dead zones were waaaay to high on all regards too.

- In-car telemetry is not available in the demo, neither is car setup.... very disappointing for a demo that's released less than 2 weeks from the games launch.

2. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo Sep 19, 2017, 22:33 theglaze

I've been asking for Forza on PC for yearrrrrs. Downloading demo now!  

News Comments > Two Steam Concurrent User Records Broken
11. Re: Two Steam Concurrent User Records Broken Sep 18, 2017, 10:06 theglaze

Anyone play the multiplayer mod for Just Cause 2? My PUBG experience was about at that quality.

Tom wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 22:15:
And it's a lot less buggy than people say.

In my 2 hours of gameplay (5 matches), right-click scoping did not work 95% of the time, one match loaded without buildings, and another match was extremely laggy on the server end.

loomy wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 23:59:
in this case it's running around searching houses

I finished 3rd and 7th out of my only 5 matches. My strategy was to jump out of the plane when no one else did, loot in secondary towns, and avoid contact when possible.

I could see there being some great times in team battles or just you and a partner... but again, wait for the game to come out of early access.

News Comments > Two Steam Concurrent User Records Broken
5. Re: Two Steam Concurrent User Records Broken Sep 17, 2017, 20:18 theglaze

I didn't play the other Battle Royale games, but PUBG is a bit of mess in its present state and a waste of money compared to other well executed games out there.

Maybe they'll make a AA game out of it, but they'll have to do it without my money because I got a Steam refund.

News Comments > Overwatch Free Next Weekend
2. Re: Overwatch Free Next Weekend Sep 17, 2017, 20:09 theglaze

Ant wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 16:36:
Has Overwatch changed and improved much since its last free weekend back in 11/19/2016 according to my http://aqfl.net/node/11973 blog?

Lots of her adjustments to achieve better balance, new maps, a couple new heros, and the Arcade with half a dozen game modes for quick matches.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Sep 16, 2017, 14:38 theglaze

I always thought that microtransactions and other similar DLC schemes should be associated with "Stretch Goals" as seen with Kickstarter projects.

If you buy one of these Destiny 2 widget boosts, you are "backing" this DLC for the season, and you will also receive a different plumbus at every whatever interval.

It provides transparency and continually rewards the gamer's DLC purchase.

News Comments > Overwatch Toxicity Slowing Game Development
13. Re: Overwatch Toxicity Slowing Game Development Sep 14, 2017, 15:32 theglaze

Kxmode wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 15:19:
Would it be better to just put all those cheaters on a special map for cheaters? Then they can do whatever they want.

Yes, trolls LIKE PLAYING with other trolls. Separating them from normal player matches just makes sense.

News Comments > Overwatch Toxicity Slowing Game Development
9. Re: Overwatch Toxicity Slowing Game Development Sep 14, 2017, 13:30 theglaze

Some Overwatch players don't care about the game, they just want to watch their teammates burn.

IMO, there's no amount of incentive or disinpline to curve the behaviour. Those players get such a kick out of trolling and abusing other players in the game, it's likely the only reason they bother launching it..

It's nothing new, it's traditionally been called "being a dick", and such personalities will always be drawn to digital outlets that extend the reach of their asshole behaviour.

Here's my idea: promote the reporting of GOOD teammates. Make it easier for the Overwatch players that want to build and support the community, by allowing them to provide positive feedback to players they encounter.

There's 8 categories to report a players poor behaviour, and 0 ways to compliment it.

A proper "Friendliness" rating (hidden to the gamer) with influence the match making process, because trolls actually like being with other trolls. They feed each other. And positive, friendly gamers want to work together and win. This allows players that are super fun to play with to rise ABOVE not such the jerks out there, but even the average player.

News Comments > Rocket League Autumn Update This Month
3. Re: Rocket League Autumn Update This Month Sep 13, 2017, 16:11 theglaze

So the only variables between competitive matches are:

1. Car selection, but 80% of players pick the Octane anyways
2. Player skill in "normalized" conditions

That's boring! Both as a spectator sport and as a casual player.

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 14:56:
Psyonix doesn't have much choice in light of the feedback they've received.

IMO, the community is rejecting the execution of Psyonix, not the concepts at hand.

News Comments > Rocket League Autumn Update This Month
1. Re: Rocket League Autumn Update This Month Sep 13, 2017, 14:20 theglaze

Standardization of Arenas for Competitive and Casual Online play...

• We see Rocket League as a digital sport. As such, we think standardization is important and necessary to provide a level playing field and foster consistent competition across all skill levels and events.

• We introduced non-standard arenas partly to provide variety for pro play, but they have not been embraced. Given the success of RLCS and Rocket League Esports in general, we no longer feel that map variety is needed or appropriate for the competitive scene.

• Rocket Labs showed us that only a narrow set of arena designs would be well-received by the Rocket League community. Even the designs that more closely resembled conventional Arenas (like Octagon and Starbase) have been extremely divisive. Ultimately, the alternate layouts we devised simply didnít add enough strategically to offset the corresponding loss in predictability and muscle memory.

• They've made a mistake here... if they're going to make every arena the same boring ass size and shape, they need to introduce other gameplay elements that spice things up for the players, and force a change in a approach to the match that is about to be had.

In MLB, each stadium has different dimensions to their fields, plus grass consistency and most stadiums are open and susceptible to weather, etc.

In NFL, there is a significant difference in grass/turf consistency, especially as the season changes into the fall/winter and they grounds crew can't repair all the damage made from one weekend to the next.

In NHL, ice quality varies and the boards+glass are not consistent from arena to arena.

In NBA, the hard court is made of different woods and some floors have more give and temperature (if ice is below).

In any racing series (F1, NASCAR, WRC, WEC...), each course has a different layout, tarmac grip, and weather forecast.

Finally, in soccer, the dimensions are the same but once again the pitch grass is different and the weather plays a major role.

Soooo, they need to introduce something like:

+ Wind affecting flight and ball movement
    + Rain affecting car grip on playing surface, walls, etc
    + Air temperature affecting boost combustion
    + Engine or tire degradation to reflect the passage of time (like in OT)

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
    7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 12, 2017, 11:54 theglaze

But how will the electric cars get a charge?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_sector_in_China

Fossil fuels are still burned to generate 74% of China's electricity... and the government has a long ways to go if their going to overhaul all of that infrastructure.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Passes 1M CCUs
    3. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Passes 1M CCUs Sep 8, 2017, 21:46 theglaze

Makes sense. All the kiddies just went back to school, and went to reenact Battle Royale  

News Comments > Beat The Game Released
    1. Re: Beat The Game Released Sep 8, 2017, 15:48 theglaze

I like the idea, and the visuals look great, but the Steam reviews suggest a general lack of content and gameplay.

It's also $7 right now, so really you get what your pay for. There are lots of great games in the same price range, but most are pixel-graphic titles.

News Comments > PUBG: 10 Million Down, 90 Million to Go
    2. Re: PUBG: 10 Million Down, 90 Million to Go Sep 6, 2017, 19:03 theglaze

I wonder if they deduct Steam refunds from their sales numbers, because I sure as hell got my money back on a game that is no-where-near the quality of LoL  

News Comments > Overwatch Deathmatch Live
    1. Re: Overwatch Deathmatch Live Aug 30, 2017, 00:37 theglaze

It's actually decent, certainly one of the better modes they've implemented to date.  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Tops Steam Player Count
    4. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Tops Steam Player Count Aug 27, 2017, 20:52 theglaze

I bought this a couple weeks ago... and it ended up being my first Steam refund.

Played 5 rounds. Achieved a 3rd and a 7th. Major bugs I experienced were: right-click scope working 10% of the time, and no buildings being rendered so players and items were floating in the air.

Overall the fluidity of movement is terrible, all forms of fighting are lagged and clunky, and there's a general lack of execution in every single aspect of the game. No wonder people slammed the game for introducing micro-transaction-gambling before making it an average-quality title. I don't think the existing engine can be salvaged, or perhaps the dev will never acquire the talent to polish the game.

I only recommend this game to those anarchy-deprived persons who need a digital outlet before they do something stupid enough to land themselves in real-life jail.

News Comments > Bethesda Reveals VR Release Dates
    6. Re: Bethesda Reveals VR Release Dates Aug 23, 2017, 12:45 theglaze

Be careful what you ask for!

Some friends and I tried the latest Aliens: Isolation VR mod for the Rift... it gave all of us motion sickness to the point where none of us wanted to play it again!

Yes, the immersion was intense and the games atmosphere was engrossing, giving it a certain thrill and excitement.

However, the movement from the first person POV was a tough pill to swallow. Perhaps a third person POV would be easier to tolerate... but the speed of Doom makes it a barf fest Puke

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Trailer
    14. Re: Project CARS 2 Trailer Aug 20, 2017, 00:01 theglaze

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 23:31:
    theglaze wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 21:08:
    The Half Elf wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 20:39:
    theglaze wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 17:27:
    VaranDragon wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 17:14:
    theglaze wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 15:34:
    I question the laser scanned tracks.

They used drones to capture the dimensions of the track for proper scale recreation, and used high quality photos to give it that realistic look... but the actually bumps, dips, and character of the surface itself was not captured.

And I believe that always separates a sim from an arcade game when it comes to circuit racing.

If the cars are like paint brushes, driving them in PCARS2 is like painting on drywall. I'll stick to canvas.

Well even the original Project Cars had bumps, dips and characteristics akin to those of the real ones. If the devs said they upgraded this feature for the sequel, why would you think they would lie about something that could be easily checked?

pCARS had less than a handful of laser scanned tracks, and after I tried the game, I decided not to purchase it.

They are hyping this game and releasing alongside the titans of Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport, and on paper, they appear to have the advantage.

Either way, we're lucky to have such a rich offering of quality racing titles.

Sorry you lost all credibility when you said Gran Turismo (which has gone to utter shit since the launch of the Forza franchise).

Yes, the glory days of GT were on the PS1 and PS2. Maybe Polyphony cannot deliver on GT Sport with the PS4... and pCARS is positioned to jump on misstep from them and/or Turn 10.

I enjoy a lot of different forms of motorsport, from Indy to F1, MotoGP to Motocross, and WRC to WEC... each series is different with strengths and weaknesses when it comes to entertainment side of the equation.

And I feel the same about these different racing titles; each will thrive in certain areas and lack depth in others.

If you are complaining about lack of "laser scanned tracks", and not purchasing a game because of them AND then talking about the Gran Turismo series?!? GT Sport is a fucking joke. They talk about PSVR, but in the video's they are using a script or controller to look around (anyone who's used VR knows your head is never that smooth) and the extra horsepower to used the PSVR, is going to come at a cost to the rest of the game.

Sure. PCARS, Forza, and GT are simcade titles. They feature SOME elements of a standard PC simulator, but with a focus on mass market appeal. But they go about getting there differently.

Forza has fantastic real-time telemetry and wheel FFB. GT has excellent after-release support and content that is free. PCARS2 may end up being the most diverse release with the best environment effects.

There is no "THIS IS THE BEST OF THEM ALL", it's more about what title fits the things you want.

I don't care for single player mode, campaigns/events, split screen gameplay, imaginary tracks, shortlived developer support, or advanced AI.

I want to race on the tracks the professionals do, competing against live opponents in a structured system where that are penalties for unsafe driving, all while using a VR headset.

None of these 3 mainstream simcade games do that, but I'm still interested in how they release and develop over time.

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Trailer
    12. Re: Project CARS 2 Trailer Aug 19, 2017, 21:08 theglaze

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 20:39:
    theglaze wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 17:27:
    VaranDragon wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 17:14:
    theglaze wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 15:34:
    I question the laser scanned tracks.

They used drones to capture the dimensions of the track for proper scale recreation, and used high quality photos to give it that realistic look... but the actually bumps, dips, and character of the surface itself was not captured.

And I believe that always separates a sim from an arcade game when it comes to circuit racing.

If the cars are like paint brushes, driving them in PCARS2 is like painting on drywall. I'll stick to canvas.

Well even the original Project Cars had bumps, dips and characteristics akin to those of the real ones. If the devs said they upgraded this feature for the sequel, why would you think they would lie about something that could be easily checked?

pCARS had less than a handful of laser scanned tracks, and after I tried the game, I decided not to purchase it.

They are hyping this game and releasing alongside the titans of Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport, and on paper, they appear to have the advantage.

Either way, we're lucky to have such a rich offering of quality racing titles.

Sorry you lost all credibility when you said Gran Turismo (which has gone to utter shit since the launch of the Forza franchise).

Yes, the glory days of GT were on the PS1 and PS2. Maybe Polyphony cannot deliver on GT Sport with the PS4... and pCARS is positioned to jump on misstep from them and/or Turn 10.

I enjoy a lot of different forms of motorsport, from Indy to F1, MotoGP to Motocross, and WRC to WEC... each series is different with strengths and weaknesses when it comes to entertainment side of the equation.

And I feel the same about these different racing titles; each will thrive in certain areas and lack depth in others.

477 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
    and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo