Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krodge

Real Name Krodge   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2011, 01:16
Total Comments 54 (Suspect)
User ID 57199

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Countdown
16. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Countdown Jun 7, 2016, 03:24 Krodge

They should make the vehicle controls even more laggy if possible.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Apr 10, 2016, 03:21 Krodge

Nah, Its completely true.

"Repeatedly playing the same violent video game reduces emotional responses like guilt not only to the original game, but to other violent video games as well"

Just like having sex for the first time reduces your guilt over having sex, and over having future sex with different people.

Because you realize that the puritanical assholes don't know what they're talking about.
Why on earth should I feel guilty over something completely harmless?.

News Comments > Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute
25. Re: Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute Mar 29, 2016, 20:26 Krodge

Primalchrome wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 16:59:
Shrug. There should be some reasonable criteria for returns....and I don't believe this is it. I've run across way too many people that abuse the system for their own gain.

But there is a reasonable criteria for returns, And its in Australian and New Zealand consumer law.
"I dont like it" and "I changed my mind" are not justifications for refunds under those laws.

So Valve can stop 99% of refunds right now if they wanted to.

News Comments > Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute
23. Re: Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute Mar 29, 2016, 20:13 Krodge

WaltC wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 15:23:
GOG provides a 30-day refund period. But GOG will also refuse refunds after that date. Wonder if GOG does business down-under, and what sort of refund policy Australian law mandates in terms of time after purchase, etc.?

Yes GOG is in Aus, And yes this 30 day policy is irrelevant in Aus and NZ since its superseded by the law.
You cant just invent new laws just for yourself. You can't just put up a sign saying "I exempt myself from this law".

But the weird thing about Steam refunds is that Valve isn't actually obligated to let buy a game, demo it for a few hours, Decide you don't like it after all and then get a refund.
In those cases they have every right to tell you to fuck off.
You're only entitled to a refund if the game is unplayable or misleadingly advertised.

So if I bought a game on Steam, and I didn't install it and play it until 6 months later, And I found it didn't work on the advertised hardware or that features advertised were missing, Then Valve has no choice but to refund me.

But if I went and bought Bear Simulator, Well it works and it does what it says. So I'd be shit out of luck.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled
21. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled Feb 4, 2016, 21:13 Krodge

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 19:39:
but sadly was setup to be the 'end' of the Batman Arkham story.

Dont worry, I'm sure these games are going to be pumped out from now until forever.

News Comments > Naval Action Early Access
6. Re: Naval Action Early Access Jan 22, 2016, 01:35 Krodge

Looks interesting. But I have no idea what the actual game is.

The trailers are just cinematic camera angles of boats floating around and the description still doesn't really explain to me what the game is or how its played. Is this a 3rd person game? Is it an more of an rpg or just like a stat based shooter? Is it 1st person? Do I walk around on the boats or what?

I'm sure I could dig around and find out but I cant be bothered.
Pretty bad marketing.
I'm not going to pay $40 for an unfinished game that's told me nothing and shown me nothing but a few pretty renders.

News Comments > Cancelled Jurassic World Game Details?
7. Re: Cancelled Jurassic World Game Details? Nov 11, 2015, 19:10 Krodge

1badmf wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 03:08:
best joke about it was Microsoft Arm Simulator heheh. it gave you way too much freedom to manipulate your arm in any way you wanted, even inhuman ways. you could rotate your arm all the way around infinitely in that game. aiming was a bitch because even if you took the time to line up your gunsights correctly the arm bouncing around from any kind of movement would quickly throw it off.

i still have the disc in my caselogic cd book XD

I remember you had to use the entire numpad to control that arm.
Aiming was so hard that most of the time I'd just end up trying to shove the gun into the dinosaurs mouth so it couldn't bite. And then trying to pistol whip it.
I also remember it being incredibly difficult to open doors without dropping your gun. And trying to type a code into a keypad was like playing surgeon simulator.

And yet still awesome

News Comments > Cancelled Jurassic World Game Details?
5. Re: Cancelled Jurassic World Game Details? Nov 11, 2015, 00:59 Krodge

Yea Trespasser was an awesome game. Engine features way ahead of its time.
Experimental game play. Occasionally scary as hell.

Hilariously buggy and broken at times... A lot of the time.

An unimaginative quake reskin probably would have sold better but I'm glad they made the game they did.
And I'm pretty sure most of the people who slam it have never bothered to load it up.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 24, 2015, 23:05 Krodge

Julio wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 18:47:
As for member suicides, maybe they shouldn't have been cheating in the first place.

You dont know the details of these peoples lives or why they did what they did (something thats not even illegal mind you). They could have been in bad or abusive relationships, In a situation where they were unable to get a divorce, They could have been gay and in the closet unwilling or unable to come out. Not every case is as black and white as you seem to think and in no case should any of these people have been exposed and pushed to suicide.

It seems hypocritical to me that everyone was so outraged at the NSA logging meta data but no complaints when a criminal hacker group exposes peoples private sex lives, resulting in some of their deaths.

News Comments > Forest Warrior Early Access
1. Re: Forest Warrior Early Access Jun 27, 2015, 05:53 Krodge

So its not based on the shitty Chuck Norris film?  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Teased
1. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Teased Jun 10, 2015, 21:15 Krodge

I liked the last one.
But I do wish they had gone with old school level design instead of a Serious Sam / Painkiller style game.

Still good fun though.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Jun 1, 2015, 21:18 Krodge

I see that she was also unable to enjoy the new Mad Max film since she perceives it as sexist.
Supposedly it portrays women as "Things" sex objects who are allowed to "Participate in a cinematic orgy of male violence".

That the female characters are shallow
"women can drive fast and stoically kill people too!"

And that the film would have been better if the action scenes had been less exciting.
"Sometimes violence may be necessary for liberation from oppression, but it's always tragic. Fury Road frames it as totally fun and awesome."

So on one side of the coin we have those guys who refused to watch it because its "feminist propaganda", and on the other side "feminists" who refuse to watch it because its not?
I think some people are so bound up in a particular view that they're just seeing what they want to see in ever facet of life.

Acleacius wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 16:44:
I can't comment on the accuracy, since I'll probably never play another Witcher game, unless they get away from this 'forced' to play Geralt crap.

So you refuse to play games where you have to play as a pre designed character?
Because you're going to miss out on a ton of great games.
The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Dreamfall. You would refuse to play all of these since you cant create your own character?

News Comments > etc., etc.
22. Re: etc., etc. May 27, 2015, 08:58 Krodge

Thats GOG's right but it seems inconsistent considering you can buy Postal 1 and 2.

The developers sound like wankers but the game itself I have no problem with. There is a place for R18 Exploitation games just as there is with films.
And as with all forms of media as long as you aren't trying to incite actual crimes and as long as its appropriately age rated, then go ahead.

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
63. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 22:17 Krodge

Its standard for games to look worse on release nowadays, So I'm not surprised.
The game still looks great and I love CDPR but they should refrain from showing "in game trailers" that probably wont reflect the final game, or should at least remove those trailers and point it out if and when things do change.
I'm not saying this is necessarily the case here but at some point it becomes false advertising which is kind of illegal.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Announced
19. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Announced May 13, 2015, 06:32 Krodge

So this is Assassins Creed 9.
Thats already 2 more sequels than Police Academy.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 12, 2015, 10:09 Krodge

I'm pretty sure the Skynet in the Terminator films borrows its name from the UK's "Skynet" military communications satellite network that was started way way back in the 60s.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade
24. Re: Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade May 8, 2015, 06:40 Krodge

I've still not quite finished this, I guess I'll wait until this version is out.

I skeptical about them getting PBR right though. I suppose they could do a half assed job but if they want to set up the materials correctly they'd have re-texture almost the entire game.
Its not as simple as hitting a tick box.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Reveal Next Week
11. Re: Assassin's Creed Reveal Next Week May 7, 2015, 20:44 Krodge

Are people even able to play these as fast as ubisoft squeezes them out?  

News Comments > GeForce Witcher 3 & Arkham Bundles
8. Re: GeForce Witcher 3 & Arkham Bundles May 6, 2015, 06:04 Krodge

Well, Arkham Knight is $163 on steam here in NZ. So I guess thats a pretty good deal.

And yea, I regret SLI. Too many issues with too many games, Half the time I just end up disabling it and then I forget to turn it back on.
Much less of a hassle to go with a single faster card.

News Comments > GOG.Com on Customer Service
31. Re: GOG.Com on Customer Service Mar 26, 2015, 18:43 Krodge

"No refunds" policies are illegal in my country and I'm pretty sure Valve doesn't get to pick and choose which laws they want to follow.

If you bought something that doesn't work as advertised, Doesn't contain the features advertised, Or you were mislead in someway into buying it. Then you can get an immediate refund.

There's also no specific time limit here in NZ either. Its just "a reasonable time"
So GOGs extended 30 days limit is already covered here, And probably a lot longer too.

In fact I think if I bought a game a year ago but didn't install it until now, And it didn't work, And they're still selling the same version with the same hardware requirements, And given that theres nothing the passage of time could have done to break the software, Then the fact that I bought it a year ago clearly has nothing to do with it being faulty or missing features, Its reasonable to expect it should still work.
So I'm pretty sure I would still be eligible for a refund.

Though I'd have to go to ombudsman when they inevitably refused, and I really couldn't be bothered.

54 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo