Limit Results:

6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: ShootMania Roadmap
Jul 2, 2014, 03:03
Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 2, 2014, 03:03
Jul 2, 2014, 03:03

Blue's News is always there. Thanks!

The most important release ever of the studio is next week. It's dedicated to amateurs. I believe it will grow quickly one day, since it's based on snowball physics ^_^

To make it simple, it's like "do your own Nations" as in Trackmania Nations, on which we have just reached 20 million regisrations.

Amateurs FTW!

Re: On ManiaPlanet and ShootMania
Nov 26, 2011, 11:45
Re: On ManiaPlanet and ShootMania Nov 26, 2011, 11:45
Nov 26, 2011, 11:45

Making solo modes by players is going to arrive with Maniaplanet 2.0. We still have work to do on this. But for puzzle mode, I don't know since it requires specific works. The time of play and the number of puzzle created by players have always been low. So, I feel that we have done it with TrackMania 1, for many releases, where the blocs and gameplay where also probably more adapted for it, and I have other priorities at the moment. So, it is a maybe.

Selling the company to Ubisoft is a way to establish new strategy. Maniaplanet is a long term one. This way, maybe we can bring positive things to the publisher as well. I feel that the goal is not to throw away all games in the same bag, but to comment on each one and say what you like or not. This is what make publisher move, much more than global, and undistinctive deny, in my oppinion. Even more when there are positive things. Then, they can compare internally the success of such and such design, or such and such model, like Thomas explained.

And thank you for your consideration for our team I hope you will be able to see how well we were able to go on the right path with them. Just some months to wait. \o/

Re: On ManiaPlanet and ShootMania
Nov 26, 2011, 06:56
Re: On ManiaPlanet and ShootMania Nov 26, 2011, 06:56
Nov 26, 2011, 06:56

Paketep, it has been a long time. I hope you are not the Paketep posting instructions on Pirate Bay on how to run a TrackMania crack one month ago

Anyway, as you know already, on our side, we are working hard since 10 years exclusively on PC.

Meanwhile, in addition to TrackMania 2 Canyon, Ubisoft just released Anno 2070 and Might and Magic Heroes VI. As PC exclusives solid released over the last three months, it is something positive for the platform, even if there are things to be improved.

If you consider Ubisoft looking for only one model, one game, one idea, then you would make it a pretty sad company to work for. Testing diversity, exploring various ways, enabling differents projects to go in their own direction is for me the greatest strength of Ubisoft.

Rocksmith, From Dust and Rayman Origins recent releases are also creative in their own way. If Just Dance and Assassin's Creed are sequels, millions of players are enjoying them a lot at the moment, and I find it natural to work on it for them. And by the way, these titles are originally made by Ubisoft more than they are borrowed from other success.

All of this to say that there is creativity and diversity at Ubisoft, and that the players are here to express what they like and dislike, case by case, in order to help it to evolve the way they would enjoy it more.

As Thomas said, there are different models. It is as obvious as having differents games and different people with different views of the PC gaming environment. At Nadeo, inside Ubisoft, we believe it is the best place for enjoying online creativity, by players. And I really hope that ShootMania will demonstrate how powerful it is.

Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears
Oct 17, 2011, 08:04
Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 17, 2011, 08:04
Oct 17, 2011, 08:04

I got it since it is written in the news that I made the news. But I did not tought you were serious when you think a CEO should write english well more than PR people. I have things to do on creative, technical, community, etc.

I don't even took time to install a spell check, I don't use a mobile phone (one phone call every month) I don't really travel, I was not at E3 to present our upcoming games etc.

In fact, I concentrate on the making the games and reading forums.

There are different types of manager. Some are more going outside, some are more staying inside.

But it looks like I am making a lesson here ^_^ like you did for my english.

Oct 16, 2011, 19:03
Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 16, 2011, 19:03
Oct 16, 2011, 19:03

I am not insulted, my english is bad and I saw that I do the same mistake often thanks to you.

I see news on our games since years here, comments from Slamdunk at a time, Xymph being around. But the first time I register is to thank about an english lesson. That it is little weird, because the news is about one of the most important reveal from our team: our first first person shooter.

Oct 16, 2011, 17:38
Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 16, 2011, 17:38
Oct 16, 2011, 17:38

Your lessons are welcome, thank you ^_^
6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older