Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark S

Real Name Mark S   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname deqer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description This site is such a piece of shit. But the news is good.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 4, 2011, 01:17
Total Comments 1242 (Pro)
User ID 57143

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: etc. Mar 15, 2018, 16:37 deqer

Nullity wrote on Mar 15, 2018, 16:00:
deqer wrote on Mar 15, 2018, 15:32:
Nullity wrote on Mar 15, 2018, 13:08:
As much as I'd like to, I still haven't even bought a SSD for my desktop PC, as I simply can't justify the ridiculous cost over a (much larger) HDD.
I was like this too, but then I got an SSD. Having instant boot times, and instant response times on everything was worth it and I feel I've gotten my money back from those time savings.

The thing is, I leave my PC on 24/7, and reboots happen infrequently. So the only way an SSD would make sense for me would be to get one large enough to replace my main drive, that also has all my software and games - which means 1TB at the absolute minimum, with a 2TB making me feel more comfortable. Otherwise, there would be no benefit and it would be a waste (ie. with just my OS on a smaller drive).

A 1TB M2 drive would cost me about $300 US minimum (and they can go up to twice that), whereas I can get a 10TB (!!) HDD for about the same amount (or a 1TB HDD for $45). There's just no way. Sure, I can afford it, but I certainly can't justify it.

I'm doing what Ozmodan said (below), somewhat. I use a 256mb SSD for primary drive that does not contain a lot of software on it. I use a 512MB SSD for my secondary drive which is for games.

I keep my installed games limited to only 20 or so. But yeah, might suck if you're installing big 60gb games like Doom.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow
2. Re: etc. Mar 15, 2018, 16:34 deqer

Guess they see Blizzard's strategy of catering their games to a family audience as successful enough to copy.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: etc. Mar 15, 2018, 15:32 deqer

Nullity wrote on Mar 15, 2018, 13:08:
The Future of SSDs and HDDs in Data Centers.

As much as I'd like to, I still haven't even bought a SSD for my desktop PC, as I simply can't justify the ridiculous cost over a (much larger) HDD.
I was like this too, but then I got an SSD. Having instant boot times, and instant response times on everything was worth it and I feel I've gotten my money back from those time savings.

News Comments > For Honor PC Starter Edition Released
1. Re: etc. Mar 14, 2018, 18:20 deqer

Uhh Ubisoft, this is not how you learn from and combat against a boycotting.  

News Comments > Expired Cert Behind Rift Outage
24. Re: etc. Mar 8, 2018, 10:11 deqer

We know what a cert is. The question is, why does no one at your company give a fuck, to at least have set themselves a Reminder to renew the cert?

News Comments > Rocket Jockey Announced
5. Re: etc. Mar 7, 2018, 15:25 deqer

K, I clicked on this not knowing what to expect. I actually found great humor in this and felt my time was not wasted in watching the teaser.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat
16. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 20:30 deqer

Retired wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 18:12:
*yawn

The internet has created island of anonymous people with no restrictions or consequences.

I am looking forward to the day of "internet ID" where every single person will be identified by name and address when making comments or online posts.
So... you want the Mark of the Beast...

News Comments > Overwatch Brigitte Story Trailer
3. Re: Overwatch Brigitte Story Trailer Mar 5, 2018, 20:28 deqer

This isn't the new trailer.  

News Comments > Fortnite Adds New Mode; Getting Jetpacks
1. Re: etc. Feb 27, 2018, 14:08 deqer

Let me guess, you cucks are then going to remove the ability to ride rockets. If you remove that, then you do not belong in the department of game design.

Tim fly's a rocket and clears out a squad.
https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedEasyNoodleRedCoat

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 23, 2018, 12:12 deqer

Yes, because here at Profit Studios, we aim for 1000% profit by charging $10 per user per additional record of data in our database that only costs us 1 cent, if not nothing at all.  

News Comments > Overwatch Tease
2. Re: etc. Feb 23, 2018, 12:06 deqer

Yes, let's add more shit instead improving the tutorial system and matchmaking system.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Co-op Event Next Month; Ubisoft Plans a Decade of Support
1. Re: etc. Feb 19, 2018, 10:38 deqer

Uhh, do one of those tips tell how how to learn all your maps without spending a fuck-ton of hours learning them?

News Comments > Humble Offers Freebies
8. Re: Humble Offers Freebies Feb 17, 2018, 18:39 deqer

Cutter wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 17:32:
Free shovelware is still free I guess.
Not if they're tracking you, which they are.

You're paying your attention and time to click through, while they track your--at the very least--existence. And you're getting shitty hand-outs for it.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: etc. Feb 15, 2018, 21:02 deqer

Here we go again...

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: etc. Feb 13, 2018, 23:31 deqer

"use your unused computing power."

Uhh, no. By me not using my unused computing power is in actuality me using it. Thx, but no thx?

News Comments > QuakeCon 2018 Details
2. Re: etc. Feb 13, 2018, 23:28 deqer

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 20:53:
They gotta bring in diesel "powerplant" trailers to keep all those byoc's turned on. You never invite people to the DFW area in the summer, unless you don't want them coming back, August temps will hit 100 during the day.

Yeah, will be a shitfest.

This whole thing is just lipstick on a pig.

News Comments > New Paradox CEO
10. Re: etc. Feb 13, 2018, 15:19 deqer

"saying they believe the changes are what serves Paradox best."

No shit sherlock? ... why would the changes serve Paradox worst?

We're not 2yr olds.

*triggered*

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: etc. Feb 10, 2018, 19:05 deqer

"Dragster cartridge signed by banned record-holder sells for $830."

lol.

News Comments > Octogeddon Released
1. Re: etc. Feb 10, 2018, 10:32 deqer

Definitely not what I imagined from that description after looking at the screenshots.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 8, 2018, 20:27 deqer

Yeah, Timthetatman! My favorite streamer of all 300 streamers I've viewed in the past 5 years of being on Twitch.

Streamer sniper finally caught and banned by Twitch, and Tim can now enjoy play Overwatch again.

1242 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo