Total Posts
1379 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1379 Comments. 69 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    69  ] Older

Re: Rocket Arena Blasts Off
Jul 14, 2020, 13:22
Re: Rocket Arena Blasts Off Jul 14, 2020, 13:22
Jul 14, 2020, 13:22

Okay. Stealing the name "Rocket Arena" from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_Arena, then moving the original Wikipedia to be https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_Arena_(mod), then redirecting the original page to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_Arena_(video_game) so all links from original https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_Arena are now going to EA's game.

Trailer starting off with another female warrior, a young teenager, battling in the arena... The background wallpaper featuring the same female teenager warrior... Keep pushing that "feminism" and "equality" agenda EA; whatever it takes to keep the revenue going and avoid drama.

Re: Evening Mobilization
Jul 13, 2020, 22:25
Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 13, 2020, 22:25
Jul 13, 2020, 22:25

Oof, just when people are starting to learn to get off Google and Microsoft.

Just search for something like "how to browse internet anonymously"

You'll also find stuff about replacing Windows with Linux, using open-source alternatives like Libre Office, and replacing these Google "mobile services" on an Android.

Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward
Jul 12, 2020, 17:53
Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward Jul 12, 2020, 17:53
Jul 12, 2020, 17:53

Well, the game isn't free because it's pushing a political message down your throat. So, you're the one losing out here on this deal.

Re: PUBG Discord Reporting System
Jul 9, 2020, 12:09
Re: PUBG Discord Reporting System Jul 9, 2020, 12:09
Jul 9, 2020, 12:09

Join our cultcord to make your reports.

Re: Team Fortress 2 Classic 2.0 Released
Jul 6, 2020, 16:54
Re: Team Fortress 2 Classic 2.0 Released Jul 6, 2020, 16:54
Jul 6, 2020, 16:54

"Team Fortress 2 Classic is a re-imagining ..."

Then it should've been named "Team Fortress 2 Re-imagined" or "Team Fortress 2 Classic+" then.

People that read classic are going to expect classic.

So, now people, who only hear about the title, will be deceived, unless they research it, and therefore those who enjoyed the practice of trust, by skipping research, are affected.

Re: WoW Server Merges
Jul 6, 2020, 00:47
Re: WoW Server Merges Jul 6, 2020, 00:47
Jul 6, 2020, 00:47

Like forcing separate tribes to live together. Yeah, what a great idea...

Re: Maxime Béland Leaves Ubisoft
Jul 4, 2020, 16:04
Re: Maxime Béland Leaves Ubisoft Jul 4, 2020, 16:04
Jul 4, 2020, 16:04

Hey guys. Are you tired of reading this kind of stuff on your favourite gaming news website?

Well, here's a script you can use to filter all of it, changing Bluesnews back to a comfortable experience about gaming.

I temporarily turned off my script so that I may enter this topic and post this message for you all.

Again, I use TamperMonkey extension in my browser, Brave (chrome powered), but you may prefer another extension that let's you inject JavaScript onto websites.

Here is the script:

// ==UserScript==
// @name Bluesnews
// @namespace http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version 0.1
// @description try to take over the world!
// @author You
// @match https://www.bluesnews.com/*
// @grant none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
'use strict';

// Your code here...
setTimeout(function() {
var regexTerms = /(racist|confederate|misconduct|harassment|sexual|assault|sexism)/i;
var regexHeadings = /(Metaverse|Tech Bits|Safety Dance|Legal Briefs|Op Ed|Into the Black|etc\.|Out of the Blue)$/i;
var els = document.querySelectorAll("a");
els.forEach(function(el, idx) {
if (el.innerHTML.match(regexHeadings) || el.innerHTML.match(regexTerms)) {
var heading = el.closest(".posting");
if (heading !== null) {
var article = heading.parentNode.parentNode;
if (article !== null) {
article.parentNode.removeChild(article);
}
}
}

if (el.innerHTML.match(regexTerms) || el.innerHTML.match(regexHeadings)) {
var li = el.closest("li");
if (li !== null) {
li.parentNode.removeChild(li);
}
else {
el.parentNode.removeChild(el);
}
}
});
els = document.querySelectorAll(".article");
els.forEach(function(el, idx) {
if (el.innerHTML.match(regexHeadings) || el.innerHTML.match(regexTerms)) {
var article = el.parentNode.parentNode;
article.parentNode.removeChild(article);
}
});
},250);
})();

That's it!

If you find any news that still shows up, then pick a word from that and add it to the regexTerms list, separated by |

Re: More on Ubisoft versus Misconduct
Jul 1, 2020, 12:24
Re: More on Ubisoft versus Misconduct Jul 1, 2020, 12:24
Jul 1, 2020, 12:24

Do they explain how the people will know that it's truly anonymous? If not, then this ain't going to work.

I hope anonymous means that it's hosted by a 3rd-party, and that the link is the same link for everyone -- no attached hashcode or tracking coded.

I've seen this before, and experienced it at my own job. It was for filling a report on the business, and they said it would be anonymous, yet the link they provided me had a unique tracking code attached to it. /facepalm

Re: More on Ubisoft versus Misconduct
Jul 1, 2020, 12:22
Re: More on Ubisoft versus Misconduct Jul 1, 2020, 12:22
Jul 1, 2020, 12:22

Oops, I posted twice.

Re: Morning Metaverse
Jul 1, 2020, 01:50
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 1, 2020, 01:50
Jul 1, 2020, 01:50

theglaze wrote on Jun 30, 2020, 14:00:
Anyone listen to NYT podcast "Rabbit Hole", its investigative look into YouTube? It starts off looking into the 'recommended algorithm' and YouTube's wilful ignorance to the side effects on the viewer, or exploitation of the creator. It then spirals out to view more of the Internet realm... heck I even discovered a few things.

I haven't, but I'm not surprised. I've slowly learned and felt something wrong with YouTube, especially the Recommended section, which is the first thing you see whenever opening up YouTube.

I finally setup a JavaScript to deal with it by auto-selecting one of the Recommended filter buttons in the top bar, using an extension (I just found) called Tampermonkey. I use Brave browser, by the way, which uses Chrome engine.

So, I go to YouTube, and Create new Script in Tampermonkey, that looks like this:

Tampermonkey

// ==UserScript==
// @name youtube
// @namespace http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version 0.1
// @description try to take over the world!
// @author You
// @match https://www.youtube.com/
// @grant none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
'use strict';

// Your code here...
setTimeout(function() {
var choice = document.querySelector('[title="Video game development"]');
if (choice === null) { choice = document.querySelector('[title="Action-adventure games"]'); }
if (choice === null) { choice = document.querySelector('[title="Nintendo Entertainment System"]'); }
if (choice === null) { choice = document.querySelector('[title="Nintendo 64"]'); }
if (choice === null) { choice = document.querySelector('[title="Mario Series"]'); }
if (choice === null) { choice = document.querySelector('[title="Mario"]'); }
if (choice === null) { choice = document.querySelector('[title="The Joy of Painting"]'); }
if (choice === null) { choice = document.querySelector('[title="Synthwave"]'); }
if (choice === null) { choice = document.querySelector('[title="Electronic Music"]'); }
if (choice === null) { choice = document.querySelector('[title="Electrical Engineering"]'); }
if (choice === null) { choice = document.querySelector('[title="Comedy"]'); }
if (choice !== null) {
choice.parentNode.dispatchEvent(new Event('click'));
}
}, 500);
})();

Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment
Jun 29, 2020, 22:44
Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 29, 2020, 22:44
Jun 29, 2020, 22:44

Oh look, it's RedEye9 and Beamer again. Oh, they've brought a friend too, ChaosEngine.

I wonder if jdreyer is going to jump in too.

Yup, we get it. We all know where you guys stand on this.

Re: Evening Metaverse
Jun 29, 2020, 22:35
Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 29, 2020, 22:35
Jun 29, 2020, 22:35

So, I noticed most of these companies, boycotting Facebook, are the same companies that have changed their business trademarked logo to a gay pride logo this June.

Just saying, because when I read this to be about "hate speech", I had feeling what this was truly about and so I had to look into it.

I see that they're putting "race" and things like "gender identity" and "sexual orientation" into the same category. Yikes...

So, I understand racism, but... hate speech?

From my research, I'm seeing a strategy, people are using, by calling something "hate speech", which then allows them to condemn what was spoken. Basically, they didn't like someone's speech of disagreement, so they called it "hate speech".

I'm also seeing that the other side has done their share of "hate speech" as well.

This essentially all comes down to ideology, and you'll always have two sides, right vs. wrong, good vs. evil, etc., and sadly looks like evil is winning.

Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment
Jun 29, 2020, 21:57
Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 29, 2020, 21:57
Jun 29, 2020, 21:57

I've read stories of victims (especially women) lying about their claims simply to destroy a person. The reasons for this vary, ranging from jealousy to a disagreement in ideology.

I wonder how many of these cases will be false, if not even sexual harrasment at all.

Re: Forza Bans the Confederate Flag
Jun 27, 2020, 18:14
Re: Forza Bans the Confederate Flag Jun 27, 2020, 18:14
Jun 27, 2020, 18:14

"Our goal is to appease to mobs so that we can continue making money off them."

Re: Op Ed
Jun 27, 2020, 12:37
Re: Op Ed Jun 27, 2020, 12:37
Jun 27, 2020, 12:37

Well, they're right. You got to look at the root of the problem, and you need to look far, because the root is quite deep.

Unfortunately, most people don't want to look at the root of the problem.

Jun 25, 2020, 11:47
Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 25, 2020, 11:47
Jun 25, 2020, 11:47

Bodolza wrote on Jun 24, 2020, 22:48:
deqer wrote on Jun 24, 2020, 19:06:
But that's how it's read. They are unwritten words because they're obvious

No, they're not obvious. The obvious reading is what is written, which is that they will be met with actual force. I find it hard to believe that you have completely missed the multitude of videos of police violence against protestors in the past few weeks. The obvious reading is the president is offerring more of what's been happening around the country.

and would otherwise take up space on a maximum limit of message length of the tweet.
What a laughable excuse. Do you actually believe this nonsense? Not only is the twitter limit far larger than this tweet, but the president has shown many, many times that he will tweet sucessive messages to get his message out.

I'm aware of his longer messages in the form of successive tweets.

Look, if he needs to use more words, then he will.

What I meant by twitter message length, is not the max length limit itself, but the practice itself of writing concise messages.

Did he really need to add in the words "force of the law" ? Apparently so, because people assumed the worse and acted on that assumption, crying about it until his tweet got flagged.

You guys are hopeless.

Jun 24, 2020, 19:06
Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 24, 2020, 19:06
Jun 24, 2020, 19:06

Bodolza wrote on Jun 24, 2020, 12:48:
deqer wrote on Jun 24, 2020, 03:20:
It was an "if-else" tweet that said criminals will be met with the force of the law

You have deceptively added "of the law". The tweet just says "met with serious force!". I'm sure you know this, which means you are intentionally using false information. Why would you do such a thing? Do you really think the membership here is dumb enough to fall for that?

But that's how it's read. They are unwritten words because they're obvious, and would otherwise take up space on a maximum limit of message length of the tweet. What else would he mean if not the law, given that the past week of his tweets have been the same message "LAW & ORDER".

Jun 24, 2020, 03:20
Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 24, 2020, 03:20
Jun 24, 2020, 03:20

jdreyer wrote on Jun 24, 2020, 01:19:
deqer wrote on Jun 24, 2020, 00:31:
How is Twitter still able to get government funding by playing neutral and not being the publisher, if it's in fact not playing neutral and playing as publisher by modifying (e.g. flat out removing) other people's work, especially world leader's?
I guess having ToS is different than being a publisher? Not sure, IANAL.
But his tweet didn't break ToS.
It was an "if-else" tweet that said criminals will be met with the force of the law if they break the law, as anyone who's been following his twitter would know, he's been tweeting repeating the same "LAW & ORDER" message almost every day.

So, how does this tweet break ToS?

Jun 24, 2020, 00:31
Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 24, 2020, 00:31
Jun 24, 2020, 00:31

How is Twitter still able to get government funding by playing neutral and not being the publisher, if it's in fact not playing neutral and playing as publisher by modifying (e.g. flat out removing) other people's work, especially world leader's?

Re: 3D NES Emulator on Steam
Jun 20, 2020, 16:11
Re: 3D NES Emulator on Steam Jun 20, 2020, 16:11
Jun 20, 2020, 16:11

Cool. But, no thanks.

My eyes like the simple art style of 8-bit/16-bit 2D games, and I already know by the shading of the art, and imagination, that the pipes are 3d without straining my eyes to see actual 3d.

Thanks, but no thanks.
1379 Comments. 69 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    69  ] Older