Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark S

Real Name Mark S   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname deqer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description This site is such a piece of shit. But the news is good.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 4, 2011, 01:17
Total Comments 1201 (Pro)
User ID 57143

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield V Set in WW2?
19. Re: etc. May 22, 2018, 01:41 deqer

So dumb. I'll be boycotting this one too, and any other BF games until 2143.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Get The Witcher Free
12. Re: etc. Apr 30, 2018, 13:42 deqer

Darks wrote on Apr 30, 2018, 12:39:
Dacron wrote on Apr 30, 2018, 12:18:
Beamer wrote on Apr 30, 2018, 12:11:
deqer wrote on Apr 30, 2018, 12:02:
It's not really free if I'm required to pay my attention to your newsletter, or pay my effort to signing up for your newsletter.

Getting tired of the "Free" word.

You remind me of reddit's choosybeggars sub. The other day, someone was ranting that a free piano listed on Craigslist wasn't really free if the person needed to come pick it up - to be free, it should be delivered to the home of whomever wanted it.

Culture of entitlement. It's the new norm for the "You're all #1 winners!" generation.

LOL, you beat me too it. Was going to say something very similar to that. Millennials!!!

I'm not a millennial, and that's an invalid analogy, Beamer. Do us a favor and post something with value.

News Comments > Get The Witcher Free
2. Re: etc. Apr 30, 2018, 12:02 deqer

It's not really free if I'm required to pay my attention to your newsletter, or pay my effort to signing up for your newsletter.

Getting tired of the "Free" word.

News Comments > Influencer to Influence Destiny 2
3. Re: etc. Apr 26, 2018, 14:40 deqer

Destiny 2 can't make a comeback if they're being boycotted (which I hope all of you are doing), unless Destiny 2 can finish everything that was supposed to be finished (and do it now), undo all the mistakes they made, reimburse players, and bring back all the loot Destiny 1 players had and make that viable again.

News Comments > Overload Next Month
6. Re: etc. Apr 23, 2018, 14:41 deqer

Already purchased this 2 years ago.  

News Comments > Hearthstone Game Director Leaves Blizzard
3. Re: etc. Apr 21, 2018, 00:02 deqer

Kxmode wrote on Apr 20, 2018, 22:15:
Is that what happens in a corporate environment? Once you reach a high position, you cannot request demotion back to the stuff that you like to do. Would it not be a better to demote and keep the stability of Blizzard employment instead of trading in all that seniority for ground-floor uncertainty?
No. Game designers do not want to work for someone else. They want to make their own games. He's got enough now to take the risk to make a product that will sell well, and profit. And he's not trading in seniority. Seniority is a permanent record.

News Comments > Blizzard Launches Balance Gifting
1. Re: etc. Apr 19, 2018, 20:47 deqer

Blizzard is really working hard on all sorts of ideas to make back the tons of money they lost during Titan development.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: etc. Apr 18, 2018, 01:54 deqer

That is one crazy story.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: etc. Apr 12, 2018, 12:10 deqer

The thing about these PVE modes is that they come with official difficulty modes, and so you typically desire to play/beat the highest one, of course.

The problem is though that, again, drama amongst your team. Your teammates' skill varies, and therefore complaints will come about each other's performance and it just puts a bad taste in your mouth for the whole game.

They really need to stop with the 4-man, and 6-man team stuff and start making more 16-man, 32-man clusterf*ck stuff.

I have no interest in these PvE events anymore because beating Legendary mode requires so much team work and coordination, that team drama is inevitable.

News Comments > Quake Champions April Update Plans
2. Re: etc. Apr 9, 2018, 19:56 deqer

But why? Didn't this game die already? I saw a lot of evidence that it died.  

News Comments > BlizzCon 2018 Tix on Sale Tonight
4. Re: etc. Apr 9, 2018, 19:55 deqer

Are they going to announce that WoW Legacy is ready?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: etc. Apr 4, 2018, 14:01 deqer

The classic "you can't? or you won't?" liner for Intel.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Recoil Changes Planned
1. Re: etc. Mar 28, 2018, 19:18 deqer

How do you have a shot spread flaw in a game whose credits page lasts for 30 minutes, and has had competitive tournaments?

News Comments > Destiny 2 Quitters to be Punished
8. Re: etc. Mar 23, 2018, 13:18 deqer

Bungie continuing to be bad, as usual. Waiting for players to complain about quitters before implementing a punishment system for quitters. Like they didn't expect that to happen. Bright...

Companies who think trolls and leavers don't exist and develop their game based on that, are bad at game design. Or if they knew it existed, but waited until after the fact--are still bad.

Please get out, and spare us already.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start
8. Re: etc. Mar 21, 2018, 15:39 deqer

Another always-online title. Yay...

News Comments > HTC VIVE Pro Preorders
32. Re: etc. Mar 19, 2018, 18:02 deqer

Hey guys, it's "Pro"! And you're all pros, right?! Yay! ... Rolleyes  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Season 2 Ending
1. Re: etc. Mar 17, 2018, 08:50 deqer

I don't get it. Are we really going to see a news post about every time this event happens? ...

Should've just posted the roadmap part.

News Comments > Dead in Bermuda Free on Origin
9. Re: etc. Mar 16, 2018, 18:45 deqer

El Pit wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 18:12:
Rigs wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 17:52:
deqer wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 17:34:
fawker wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 17:27:
Free, again? They love giving this game away.
It's not free. You're paying your attention and time to this giveaway, and by logging into Origin you are filling up their stats so they can see how many people are still active.

GASP! God forbid! Inquisitive

=-Rigs-=

6. Ignored Mar 16, 2018, 17:34 deqer
To view this user's posts click on the username.

The best way to handle deqer's "contributions".

hahaha, your loss.

News Comments > Dead in Bermuda Free on Origin
6. Re: etc. Mar 16, 2018, 17:34 deqer

fawker wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 17:27:
Free, again? They love giving this game away.
It's not free. You're paying your attention and time to this giveaway, and by logging into Origin you are filling up their stats so they can see how many people are still active.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: etc. Mar 15, 2018, 16:37 deqer

Nullity wrote on Mar 15, 2018, 16:00:
deqer wrote on Mar 15, 2018, 15:32:
Nullity wrote on Mar 15, 2018, 13:08:
As much as I'd like to, I still haven't even bought a SSD for my desktop PC, as I simply can't justify the ridiculous cost over a (much larger) HDD.
I was like this too, but then I got an SSD. Having instant boot times, and instant response times on everything was worth it and I feel I've gotten my money back from those time savings.

The thing is, I leave my PC on 24/7, and reboots happen infrequently. So the only way an SSD would make sense for me would be to get one large enough to replace my main drive, that also has all my software and games - which means 1TB at the absolute minimum, with a 2TB making me feel more comfortable. Otherwise, there would be no benefit and it would be a waste (ie. with just my OS on a smaller drive).

A 1TB M2 drive would cost me about $300 US minimum (and they can go up to twice that), whereas I can get a 10TB (!!) HDD for about the same amount (or a 1TB HDD for $45). There's just no way. Sure, I can afford it, but I certainly can't justify it.

I'm doing what Ozmodan said (below), somewhat. I use a 256mb SSD for primary drive that does not contain a lot of software on it. I use a 512MB SSD for my secondary drive which is for games.

I keep my installed games limited to only 20 or so. But yeah, might suck if you're installing big 60gb games like Doom.

1201 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo