Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RJ

Real Name RJ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Thakk
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 24, 2011, 15:15
Total Comments 4 (Suspect)
User ID 57119

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: The Old Republic F2P This Fall Jan 3, 2018, 01:53 Thakk

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 20:32:
Iranians were also spotted at the Twin Pines... er Lone Pine mall in a VW Bus chasing a teenager in a life preserver and killing a doctor who produced a time machine out of radioactive material and a Delorean.

Iranians at the Lone Pine mall? More like the Libyans, Iranians hangout at the Beverly Center.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed
5. Re: The Old Republic F2P This Fall Jul 31, 2017, 21:23 Thakk

Ask any project manager or developer who worked on sophisticated software or has been involved on a complex project with lots of dependencies and moving parts. They'll gladly share how challenging a task of estimates can be.

Agreed 100% I've used t-Shirt sizing, Story Points, and Fibonacci to help developers estimate tasks...at the end of the day, you really find out what the level of effort is/was during retrospectives.

With new tech...IMO, we're lucky to get a ballpark LoE. SC is no different. Again this is just my opinion. I wish CR, ER, and CIG gang all the luck in the world.

News Comments > The Old Republic F2P This Fall
5. Re: The Old Republic F2P This Fall Jul 31, 2012, 17:07 Thakk

It was inevitable, had to happen. They knew it, we knew it, and that's that.
Good luck EA/BioWare...I hope you treat this IP better than you treated the talent base that created it.

News Comments > Origin Adds Anti-Lawsuit Language to TOS
49. Re: Origin Adds Anti-Lawsuit Language to TOS Sep 24, 2011, 11:38 Thakk

It's very legal here in the United States. My company was recently sued in small claims court and before the judge even heard arguments, he had to acknowledge the 'change of venue' request we had presented to the court before the trial date (we also mailed it to the plaintiff).

Yes, we have a similar clause in my company's ToS.

The judge asked if both parties could present a copy of the ToS and we both did. The judge remarked that each ToS was identical. He clearly stated that all disagreements must be handled via arbitration, and that the courts had no jurisdiction in this case because both parties agreed to the same ToS. The judge dismissed right then and there.

The Plaintiff can still sue, but it must be done by arbitration.

On a personal note, I run a small business with a few great employees, built it from the ground up, and went through some tough, tough times, some folks in the past took a pay cut and so did I, but we pulled through. Anyway, the plaintiff was a dick. We provided double, in a dollar amount, of what this guy was suing for, and his case was baseless. I offered to pay his court fees, after three hours of mediation, before the case went before a judge, because I 99% already knew the outcome, but still, you never know. Even the mediator was shaking his head at the plaintiff. The guy rejected my offer and the above was the result.

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo