Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for clint

Real Name clint   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname clint
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 24, 2011, 10:44
Total Comments 140 (Novice)
User ID 57117

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam VR Performance Test Teases Us

9. Re: Steam VR Performance Test Teases Us Feb 22, 2016, 23:46 clint

anyone tried and got results for vr ready or not, and have their specs too would be awesome.

I am also going to start getting hyped with no real reason or proof that half life 3 will be announced as the Vive is released.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > HTC Vive in April for $799

84. Re: HTC Vive in April for $799 Feb 22, 2016, 18:53 clint

saluk wrote on Feb 22, 2016, 17:19:
Fun watching all you old fogeys whining about how your black and white tv is just fine and you don't need to spend the $1000 for a color set.

Yup, 640k is enough memory for anybody.

Speech in movies? What a laugh! I don't want a giant face in a movie theater creepily talking to me!

I hate riding the train too, because at 20mph, it makes me want to throw up. That's faster than man was designed to move.

I dont think any of that is fair, are you in the right thread. I read that people are excited for VR but to borrow your analogies,
wont buy a color tv when there is no good color tv shows,
wont buy more than 640k when there is nothing running more than 512k.
.. umm, wont buy a train ticket until there are rail lines.

I read here that we all want VR to work, be more affordable, and go more mainstream. People like you will help start that. People like the rest of us will continue it.

79. Re: HTC Vive in April for $799 Feb 22, 2016, 16:57 clint

I would assume occulus is throwing millions at everyone to make the killer game/app that will sell their device to make good use of facebooks huge pockets. Throw money at Bethesda/bioware/etc to have their next games fully VR supported. Valve need to get off their backside and start releasing games again. If valve released a big "3" pack of games that fully supported the vive, people would be selling their furniture to get the best experience in VR.
Until then, this is a very cool gimmick and no AAA developer will risk it.
At the moment, I rate this is as mainstream as gaming on 4K monitors and I have a feeling that 4k monitors will be more popular over the next few years.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2016, 17:05.

58. Re: HTC Vive in April for $799 Feb 22, 2016, 00:57 clint

It's all about the content. Its a gimmick at the moment (but a very cool one) but the minute some AAA games come out for it look out. If half life 3 is announced for it Im starving myself for weeks to get it. Even some good flight sims, racing sims, (mario cart in vr?) and the mood for VR will change rapidly.

Think the same market as high end joysticks/steerng wheels, 3 monitor setups, 4k monitors etc. There are plenty to push this forward until it does get to mainstream.

News Comments > etc., etc.

6. Re: etc., etc. Feb 15, 2016, 22:55 clint

I found it easily worth it. It is a adventure game, just in first person. Go from area to area, look at the prettys, click on things to get the descriptions and get lots of cool story and character. Tell Tale games are not that much different, same as old school adventure games. I got alot more enjoyment out of this than most games or movies and activities for same or more cost.

I actually dont get the dilemma. Its not like its a boring Call of duty campaign for 3 times the cost for the same time. I do not get it.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Firewatch

8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Firewatch Feb 9, 2016, 22:36 clint

played a few hours so far,
I call it a first person adventure game. More interactive than a "story walker" (or Tell Tales game) but not a twitch action game.
Better story and voice acting than most movies. Seriously good stuff and I hope alot of companies take note of the quality bar for characters. (take note bethesda please)

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M

27. Re: Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M Jan 14, 2016, 18:22 clint

I played about 200ish hours early on and put it down for about 6 months. Easily got my moneys worth.
Tried it last week and noticed lots more mission types, many are multi part missions, and many types, eg. for miners, pirates, bounties,trading etc. Lots more random encounters like pirates interdicting and different radar pickups like distress signals.
I havent tried horizons yet but this game is definately worth its asking price.
And really really want to have VR with this.

News Comments > Saturday Previews

5. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 10, 2016, 02:29 clint

i ve seen a few reviews on this hands on session for journalists and they all describe the same as if they are being fed the marketing lines.
Doom brought me into LAN gaming and the fun of coop. sadly I dont feel that spirit in this one.

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599

86. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 20:38 clint

Can be used as a vr room, it knows where your walls are, allows standing up, full moving around, (think startrek holodeck). Reviews said its much "better" with motion sickness, vive is heavily pushing open market.
Also linked to steam and 100s? of millions of users.
Steam has Early access built in, and heaps of indi developers already building stuff for it.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release

39. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release Jan 6, 2016, 20:32 clint

People line up around the block for a slightly better phone than their current phone every year and pay more than this for it. People definitely have the money.

This is a very big change and new experience which I think is worth more than updating your phone. And most similar specced phones cost more than this.

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599

83. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 20:21 clint

Its about what I was expecting,
People line up for miles to pay more for a new phone every year that is only slightly better than the last one. Plenty of people have the money IF they capture the peoples interest and it FEELS worth it. Just wait for every day people reviews to come out and a couple grand for the experience will be worth it to many.

Seriously if it had an apple logo on it, and could only work with a top of the line mac people would be lining up for it.

An equivalent specced mobile phone costs about that much or more.

The biggest problem for me is throwing around 200-400 costings a bit pre-emptively and forcing inclusion of a xbox one controller.

And whats with the shipping costs.... holy shite!

News Comments > Yet Another New Steam Record

11. Re: Yet Another New Steam Record Nov 2, 2015, 17:23 clint

a few more factors,

There's been alot of push by steam to integrate the steam app to your account for verification.

Wish list and sale notifications have been crazy this week.

I noticed on one of my pcs after a steam update that the automatically login at startup got reticked again.

People preordering fallout 4 are getting ready.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition Refunds

18. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition Refunds Oct 12, 2015, 18:18 clint

"We understand that some customers in North America were not aware the Collector’s Edition delivered digital versions of the game and soundtrack"

That's not a apology or admitting any mistake. That is very close to saying that the customers in NA are stupid and confused.
I saw the original post for this on reddit and the Ubisoft sales page for this swiftly changed from including game disks to Digital Download as the post and complaints started. Another Dodgy cover up.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Spectator Cam

3. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Spectator Cam Aug 6, 2015, 03:52 clint

The only good thing I saw in this post was LAN, yaye a game we can actually play with people in the same room again. This game looks perfect for in house gaming and trash talking. Tempted to preorder right now. Almost.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Phantoms Patch; Trial Pack

1. Re: Ghost Recon Phantoms Patch; Trial Pack Jul 8, 2015, 18:07 clint

Hope they release a version of this game without the pay-2-win stuff and have everyone on the same level, just teamwork, skill and gear choices. Set a single payment for the game and play on.
The first levels are the best fun Ive had in a while, until you hit the higher, pay-2-win crowd in the later levels, then it is a totally different game with you pumping multiple shotguns shells into the back of the head of a skill-less (but rich) kid, have him slowly turn around and hit your foot just once using a tiny gold pistol and you die.

News Comments > The Division Trailer

9. Re: The Division Trailer Jun 26, 2015, 20:40 clint

They have to stop showing stuff, it looks worse everytime I see it. Both in gameplay and graphics.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Sells 4M

44. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Sells 4M Jun 10, 2015, 20:17 clint

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 13:30:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 12:39:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 09:53:
Would be nice to know how many was PC version and how many of that were free copies with video cards.

SteamSpy shows about 570k owners on Steam and the video card copies were GOG-only. Given that Steam is by far the largest distributor of PC games, I'd estimate total PC sales (including bundled copies) are probably around 600k-700k.
I thought the combined number would have been more.
Every key seller place were selling GOG copies not Steam, and just about every place except Steam had the game on sale before release.
Still a respectable number.

also every physical disk version was gog, which sold qute alot in stores. Im guessing more like half of the 4 million is PC.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale in Spring?

7. Re: Steam Summer Sale in Spring? May 29, 2015, 20:56 clint

a small petty nitpick but i wish they had another name than 'summer' sale since alot of the world will not be entering summer in june.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse

3. Re: Sunday Metaverse May 10, 2015, 18:12 clint

most likely business', schools etc where the bills get lost in accounts payable. Where a contractor upgraded them to faster broadband but it is up to the company to cancel the dialup. I also worked at several schools where the dial up was cancelled but the ISP made a 'mistake' and the account didnt get cancelled.  

News Comments > Steam Game Bans

56. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 19:29 clint

Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 13:54:
I don't cheat in games so not a problem for me.

I doubt anyone has a problem with banning a cheater, at least temporarily.... Some people here have a fear of some devs using the banning system to protect their game from a bad image, eg Person calling out issues in a forum, missing features, bugs, give a bad review which can start a bad image for a game. Good devs will try to fix and patch their games, bad devs will go ban ban ban ban.

140 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >