Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for tRens

Real Name tRens   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname tRens
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2011, 11:51
Total Comments 12 (Suspect)
User ID 57088

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > RAGE Patched
67. Re: RAGE Patched Oct 10, 2011, 07:55 tRens

Quboid wrote on Oct 9, 2011, 20:49:
MajorD wrote on Oct 9, 2011, 19:29:
Quboid wrote on Oct 9, 2011, 15:03:
MajorD wrote on Oct 9, 2011, 14:41:
"We do not see the PC as the leading platform for games," Carmack added.

REALLY Johnny? What was the platform that launched id Software and got you your Ferraris? DICK!

That was about 15 years ago. Business models that worked 15 years ago result in your Ferrari getting repossessed now. Are you really childish enough to think computer gaming platforms haven't changed in 15 years?

No, but obviously you are enough to miss my point.

OK, can you elaborate? If your point isn't that PCs are where id's income from Rage is, what is your point? That they should be loyal to their customers?

Many of the customers who bought JC his Ferrari are now console gamers. Most of the ones I know aren't gamers at all. Even if PC gamers then are PC gamers now, why do we have an expectation of loyalty? When I bought Quake, I paid money to id Software in exchange for a game. That's the extent of our relationship, id don't owe me future games and I don't owe id future business.

You're ass-uming that everyone of those 'most' is a console gamer?

I see your loyalty point and it makes sense.

I would like to point out that locking all of the variables that we'd like to tinker with is ridiculously console-faggotry-sheety.

Bethesda/ZeniMax seem to have their fingers in id in some fashion, and I'd like those fingers cut off at the shoulder.

Consoles were good in the beginning, but now they're just crapping all over everything.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers
78. Re: Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers Oct 3, 2011, 08:20 tRens

I agree with Bill Hicks completely.

http://sennoma.net/main/edits/Hicks.html

Yes it is marketing.. and the game doesn't feel like BF2 did at all. It is just like COD.

News Comments > IW on PC Modern Warfare 3
3. Re: IW on PC Modern Warfare 3 Sep 27, 2011, 10:48 tRens

Elessar wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 10:34:
You clearly stopped caring about PC gaming awhile ago, so kindly fuck off with your weak attempts to placate.

You're dead on.. I agree with you 100%.

News Comments > Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter
91. Re: Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter Sep 14, 2011, 09:05 tRens

Prez wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 17:39:
People will refer to a TV ad campaign as marketing.

I think you are coming unhinged. First off, a TV ad campaign is marketing. Secondly, why do insist on harping on semantics? You made your point - advertising is marketing but marketing isn't only advertising. The fact that you continue to beat it into the ground seems to indicate you'd prefer to use this as an illustration of your superior wisdom, which I'm thinking no one is convinced of, much less impressed by.

Ding Ding Ding Ding

News Comments > Xbox LIVE on Windows 8
50. Re: Xbox LIVE on Windows 8 Sep 14, 2011, 08:56 tRens

PHJF wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 03:31:
Very comparable to Steam on the PC.

Obviously trolling

News Comments > Xbox LIVE on Windows 8
49. Re: Xbox LIVE on Windows 8 Sep 14, 2011, 08:54 tRens

There is no way I will ever pay for Xbox LIVE.

Microsoft pulled the wool over everyone that subscribes to it. Reminds me of how people booed Ron Paul when he was just telling you the truth.

78. Re: Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter Sep 13, 2011, 13:12 tRens

CANDY BARS  

60. Re: Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter Sep 13, 2011, 09:31 tRens

Sure it's not really UU any more, but it's still quite close enough to stretch the gameplay similarities.

You just said it wasn't UU, wtf? Why are you responding? I read those lines leading up to this. Just to realize you said nothing at all.

I'm not here to argue, but cmon!, really?

59. Re: Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter Sep 13, 2011, 09:26 tRens

Zoom wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 08:57:
I would LOVE a Powermonger remake. Great game. With the same sounds as original please (which were awesome on Amiga).

I know it would be awesome, but it won't be, and I have fond memories of it as well.

53. Re: Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter Sep 13, 2011, 07:40 tRens

The problem is simple: The developer is saying that Syndicate is the setting, and the setting stays. Gamers are saying that Syndicate is the squad-based tactical game, which needs a higher-level puppet-master view. All I want is for the developer to acknowledge that fact and stop spewing marketing crap. Call it Syndicate Shooter, or Agents of Syndicate, don't try to sell "it's the same gameplay!" and that's OK.

I agree with you.. it is all marketing.. marketing people should do exactly what Bill Hicks called for.

52. Re: Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter Sep 13, 2011, 07:36 tRens

FPS? Kidding me?

It won't be good and it definitively will not be like Syndicate.

"Just name the weapons like the other game"

"What were they"

What I am saying is these kids making the game, these kiddie devs, grew up without playing the game they're basing their crap on.

What is next?

Are they going to remake Ultima Underworld or Powermonger as a FPS?

News Comments > Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request
38. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 07:52 tRens

WOW....

"and other PC specific interface niceties that you'd like to see in Borderlands 2!"

We're being asked what we like?

Do/Have the devs ever played a PC game?

Why in the hell do they have to ask us?

12 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo