Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gadzooks

Real Name Gadzooks   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Gadzooks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description yar yar
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 18, 2011, 18:07
Total Comments 222 (Novice)
User ID 56987

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Kings and Heroes Released
1. Re: Kings and Heroes Released Nov 19, 2017, 15:41 Gadzooks

This game still very much feels unfinished and unpolished.

For using the UE4, it somehow manages to look a lot worse than skyrim, a game from 2011, and perform a lot worse.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
29. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 12:46 Gadzooks

40 hours is hardly "I want everything NOW!"

Remember when players would play 40+ hours in a game just because playing the game was fun, even when there was NOTHING else to unlock?

Sense of accomplishment came from doing well in the game, not how many hours you had to put into it, or even silly unlocks or achievements.

News Comments > Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins
37. Re: Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins Nov 2, 2017, 12:17 Gadzooks

El Pit wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 11:55:
Nailbender wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 11:25:
El Pit wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 06:12:
If there were not pirates and/or cheaters, there would not be DRM and "anti-tamper solutions". Thank the pirates and cheaters, this is who you should point your fingers at. Action: stealing, reaction: DRM et al. It started with code wheels and has evolved into partially horrible DRM (e.g. Starforce). In the end: nobody wins.

How about sources for your claims, buddy?

Oh, how I was waiting for exactly this answer. And here we have the guy who had to spring the trap!

Proof? How about this experiment: I hope you live in a big city (like the internet is one very, very huge city). You leave your door open and tell websites to announce this on the web (like Pirate Bay announcese "Hey, don't pay, just take it for free!") and leave your house open for 24 hours after the announcement. Leave the house. Meanwhile, I will leave my house, too, but will lock it up. And in 24 hours, please come here again and tell me how the experiment worked for you. You can use your neighbour's computer to do this, by the way, because I got a feeling that some things will have been stolen (oops, "pirated") from your home. How about that, "buddy"? Got the balls to try this and tell us then again about your own "proof" (experience) how this worked for you? LOL!

The naivete of thinking that the theft of a tangible object is anything like virtual theft... With one, you actually LOSE the item, with the other, you only lose the possibility of potentially selling it. If you cant understand this difference, you shouldnt even be debating this issue.

Is virtual theft/piracy still an issue? Yes, 100%.

Is piracy worth punishing PAYING customers over? Doesnt seem like a smart solution to me.

Does DRM/anti piracy stop pirates? No.

So in the end, paying customers are getting punished, and piracy is still happening. Doesnt sound like DRM is any solution at all to the problem.

News Comments > Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins
16. Re: Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins Nov 2, 2017, 02:20 Gadzooks

You have to pay attention to what Ubisoft is saying here, because what they say is crafted to insure zero chance of blame.

What they are basically saying is this:

The DRM in no way keeps you from running at a solid 30 FPS.

Which is 100% true.

The DRM seems to only keep people from running at a consistent rate ABOVE 30 FPS, such as a steady 60 FPS. But since they are only ensuring 30 fps, then no, the anti-tamper solution in no way hinders that performance.

News Comments > Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking
16. Re: Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking Oct 18, 2017, 12:36 Gadzooks

If there was ever any doubt before, there sure isnt any now:

Game Design is no longer about making good, fun, and entertaining games. Its pure sales now.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback Oct 13, 2017, 12:23 Gadzooks

There are many things you can earn in the game, including weapons, attachments, credits, Star Cards, Emotes, Outfits and Victory Poses.
As a balance goal, we’re working towards having the most powerful items in the game only earnable via in-game achievements.
Crates will include a mix of of Star Cards, Outfits, Emotes or Victory Poses.
Players earn crates by completing challenges and other gameplay milestones, or by purchasing them with in-game credits or Crystals, our premium currency.
If you get a duplicate Star Card in a crate, you will get crafting parts which you can then use to help upgrade the Star Card of your choice.
And lastly, you have to earn the right to be able to upgrade Star Cards and unlock most Weapons. You can only upgrade or unlock them if you have reached a high enough rank, which is determined by playing the game.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/31/311ab87178f17d227f8d63e2d60e49a087ab88293a3dede983a0e04acef83316.jpg

Seriously... none of these points addresses the issue of the game being Pay 2 Win.

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Announced
5. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Announced Aug 30, 2017, 12:11 Gadzooks

I hope its more than just new levels and characters.

The first game was a lot of fun, but it felt like a Corvette that never went above 45 mph.

They really need to put in the features, functionality and customization that players have been asking for in the current game. Leaving all that out would make the sequel not much more than an over priced DLC.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 17, 2017, 12:17 Gadzooks

It could also be that its lacking one of the main selling features of their big name series... Multiplayer Co-op.  

News Comments > Valve Teases Artifact: The Dota Card Game
5. Re: Valve Teases Artifact: The Dota Card Game Aug 9, 2017, 12:23 Gadzooks

Pretty much a let down, even for Dota fans (as expressed in this reaction video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR4jPtrDCLo

Valve CAN and SHOULD do better than this.

News Comments > Gearbox Teases Project 1v1
8. Re: Gearbox Teases Project 1v1 Aug 9, 2017, 00:51 Gadzooks

Typically, companies stick to what they are good at (ie: borderlands)

Not gearbox.

Takes over failed game project - Duke Nukem... game bombs
Takes over failed game project Aliens Col Mariness... game bombs
Tries to jump into the moba and FPS genre at the same time with Battleborn... cant compete with the bigger games and bombs
Having not learned their lesson with Battleborn... they try again with their 1v1 project.

Meanwhile... Borderlands fans are like, "Um, gearbox, we have money, if you want it... just sayin"

News Comments > Metro Exodus Announced
10. Re: Metro Exodus Announced Jun 12, 2017, 12:54 Gadzooks

Fallout is going to have to step up its game after this.  

News Comments > Grim Dawn Sells 1M Copies
9. Re: Grim Dawn Sells 1M Copies May 25, 2017, 12:05 Gadzooks

Great ARPG, hands down.

The expansion has me super hyped as well.

Between PoE and Grim Dawn, Blizzard should be ashamed at the state of D3's continual growth (ie: stuff they are adding or expanding upon)

News Comments > Keystone Announced
2. Re: Keystone Announced May 24, 2017, 00:17 Gadzooks

Ill try this game, as soon as Warframe is out of beta  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 15, 2017, 13:06 Gadzooks

Making modes exclusive to either console or pc, is just dumb.

All the PC players who have supported this game so far are basically getting a slap in the face by not getting this game mode.

Ive had my eye on this game for awhile, and a co-op horde mode sounds really fun. Im not a console gamer though, and this marketing move is enough to make me not give the devs my money.

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
14. Re: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 3, 2017, 11:54 Gadzooks

I hope tons of people buy, and then refund on steam, and totally screw up their metrics for sales after this.

News Comments > Agents of MAYHEM in August
7. Re: Agents of MAYHEM in August Apr 3, 2017, 12:22 Gadzooks

Looks pretty dated...

... and no co-op?

Way to progress backwards from their past games.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
15. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 12:38 Gadzooks

THe only plans I care to hear from them at this point:

- Fix/Improve ALL facial animations
- Squash many of the blatant, "should have been caught in QA" bugs that exist in the game. Need a bug list? Just look on youtube.

I dont care about DLC of any kind at this point.

News Comments > Statesman Coming to Master X Master; Beta Next Month
2. Re: Statesman Coming to Master X Master; Beta Next Month Mar 21, 2017, 12:17 Gadzooks

I think this is ultimately going to piss off more people than it is going to excite.  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Adds Content
9. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Adds Content Mar 15, 2017, 12:10 Gadzooks

From the steam forums, it seems that people are STILL having frame rate stutters in the game. 1080 users claiming they get on average 40-60 fps on medium/high settings, but that the game will still have these points where it just freezes for a second.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 1, 2017, 13:04 Gadzooks

Clearly, this twitter engineer has a much higher style of living than is needed, and he is unwilling to give that up.

Time to cut back on the steak dinners, 50 dollar a day bar tabs, 50 dollar a day starbucks tabs, and complete lack of a structured budget plan for luxury items.

222 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo