Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Gadzooks

Real Name Gadzooks   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Gadzooks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description yar yar
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 18, 2011, 18:07
Total Comments 251 (Amateur)
User ID 56987

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Aug 15, 2019, 13:21 Gadzooks

2 NMS patches and you STILL cant change keybinds  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Titans Announced
1. Re: Path of Titans Announced Aug 1, 2019, 13:45 Gadzooks

Saw cross platform with mobile and instantly lost any interest in the game.  

News Comments > Oxygen Not Included Released
6. Re: Oxygen Not Included Released Jul 31, 2019, 12:20 Gadzooks

Amazing game

But take note: This is the type of game where you fix 1 problem only to have 10 more spring up.

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Next Month on EGS
16. Re: Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Next Month on EGS Jul 18, 2019, 14:58 Gadzooks

You know... all Steam has to do is offer these devs a tad more money than Epic is, and they can claim exclusivity instead.

The simple fact: Steam doesnt care

Steam doesnt care about them
Steam doesnt care about YOU
Epic doesnt care about YOU or them either

Life is too short to refrain from things that make you happy. So Im going to do and go where things are that can provide me enjoyment when I want it.

Why wont I buy this game at release on Epic?

Simple. Zero review system in place, and no forums either for players to discuss their purchase. The game could be utter garbage and there is no way to know or not initially. But I MAY buy it a month after release, after Ive watched the lets plays, reviews, etc.

News Comments > Everreach: Project Eden Announced
1. Re: Everreach: Project Eden Announced Jul 15, 2019, 14:41 Gadzooks

Seems that some dev out there wasnt going to let Blizzard keep Starcraft Ghost from them  

News Comments > SolSeraph Released
1. Re: SolSeraph Released Jul 10, 2019, 13:56 Gadzooks

Massive Actraiser vibes going on here.

Which could be a very good thing.

News Comments > Frontline Zed Announced
3. Re: Frontline Zed Announced Jul 8, 2019, 14:37 Gadzooks

That's Not Tower Defense

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 26, 2019, 14:21 Gadzooks

No Mike, Heroes of the Storm failed because it was copying something that someone else already did well, rather than improving upon it.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Going on Hiatus
6. Re: World of Warcraft Going on Hiatus May 12, 2019, 21:03 Gadzooks

Friends dont let friends play World of Warcraft

News Comments > Chris Roberts on Fixing Anthem
14. Re: Chris Roberts on Fixing Anthem Apr 21, 2019, 14:17 Gadzooks

Sorry Chris....

Hype breeds expectations. Hype is the result of marketing. Marketing comes from the establishments responsible for making/selling the game... NOT the players.

If you think players shouldnt get so excited and expect things that are larger than life, then maybe these companies shouldnt make blatant, public showings of their game that end up being complete fabrications come release.

News Comments > Conan Unconquered Gameplay Video
5. Re: Conan Unconquered Gameplay Video Apr 12, 2019, 14:31 Gadzooks

The game basically looks like "They Are Billions" with a conan skin on it.

They added disease and co-op, and are touting the game like its some big innovation to the industry.

News Comments > Glorious Companions Trailer
1. Re: Glorious Companions Trailer Mar 26, 2019, 15:38 Gadzooks

There is turn based...

... and then there is "wake me up when we get there"

News Comments > Epic Games Store Claims 85M Users
14. Re: Epic Games Store Claims 85M Users Mar 25, 2019, 13:58 Gadzooks

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 25, 2019, 10:24:
40% do not have Steam? Interesting, that portion must be 100% Fortnite kids. or Fortnite kids' parents, etc.

This is either a bogus statistic... or its based on their spyware (which they claim doesnt exist) checking peoples systems.

News Comments > Play Black Desert Online for Free
2. Re: Play Black Desert Online for Free Mar 21, 2019, 13:44 Gadzooks

I just snagged one of those plastic wrapped napkin and spork sets from a fast food joint.

I think Im gonna spend the weekend stabbing myself in the spleen with the spork instead. Should be about as entertaining, if not more.

News Comments > Another Gearbox PAX Tease
4. Re: Another Gearbox PAX Tease Mar 14, 2019, 14:19 Gadzooks

That doesnt even look remotely borderlands...

... but thats not gonna stop the hype in me from thinking its virtual Jack trying to build himself a body!

News Comments > The Legend of Vraz Released
2. Re: The Legend of Vraz Released Jan 28, 2019, 12:27 Gadzooks

Wow.. This game is just awful looking. Like some 1st year computer science students pet project. Its bad enough that its being released on steam... we dont need big game media sites like blues reporting on its release too.  

News Comments > OUTWARD Announced
1. Re: OUTWARD Announced Dec 19, 2018, 14:03 Gadzooks

Seems like a "not so dark" souls game.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Launches
54. Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 23:10 Gadzooks

Choobeastia wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 18:40:
Osc8r wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 18:04:
Gadzooks wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 13:32:
The is the closest BF has felt to Call of Duty for me so far.

Despite all the new tactical and squad play elements, the ridiculous low Time To Kill sorta nullifies them all.

This ^.

Not sure how anyone enjoys competitive multiplayer in games where fights are over in a second flat.

Hopefully they adjust this for the BR version of they can keep it as well. May as well just stick with COD if you want than console gaming experience...

And lol at raytracing in it's current form, 4k makes a much bigger difference than 'cute reflections' (as someone here nailed it) and with a much lower performance hit to boot.

The time to kill actually helps the tactical and squad play. If the time to kill is too long, then your well laid plans only give you a slight benefit. But with the low time to kill, if you get the drop on someone, or have proper suppressing fire laid down, then you can work wonderfully as a squad. I've had more than a few instances where my laying down fire has allowed my team to move into an area, and use their shorter range weapons to clear it out.

At the same time, there are times when our plans don't work out, and someone else has planned better or is doing something that we had no plan for, resulting in us getting killed. Which is as it should be.

Actually helps??!? what?

Here are some of the reasons why a low TTK nullifies tactical gameplay elements

1. Attrition mode - No health regen: You die before you ever have to worry about no longer regenerating health

2. Attrition mode - less ammo: You die, often long before you ever run out of ammo (unless you are camping, which this game rewards)

3. Support Class - Give ammo: Pointless since most people die before running out of ammo

4. Medic Class - Give medpack: Again, most players are dead before this can be tossed at them

5. Hit direction - Most of the time you are dead before you can even tell what direction you got hit from. With the removal of squad spotting (a tactical element), not even being able to call out "Shooting from the east!" because you are dead removes squad tactical gameplay.

The ONLY tactical element (one thats even new) that benefits from the low Time To Kill, is the construct defenses mechanic. Build up defenses, bunker down, camp, and shoot anyone running who isnt behind cover.

News Comments > Battlefield V Launches
18. Re: Battlefield V Launches Nov 20, 2018, 13:32 Gadzooks

The is the closest BF has felt to Call of Duty for me so far.

Despite all the new tactical and squad play elements, the ridiculous low Time To Kill sorta nullifies them all.

Its fun, but it feels the least like a BF game of all the BF games out.

News Comments > HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month
4. Re: HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month Oct 24, 2018, 12:16 Gadzooks

If all the other reasons it already failed (more than once) wont kill it yet again... removing multiplayer will.  

251 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo