Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for A.S.

Real Name A.S.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname shiho
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 18, 2011, 06:27
Total Comments 640 (Apprentice)
User ID 56986

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 3 Hint?
6. Re: Left 4 Dead 3 Hint? Jun 30, 2016, 22:39 shiho

I fear that by now Valve has become a disorganized culture of passive-aggressive commies, kept alive by Steam money. There's no HL3, there's no L4D3.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 29, 2016, 17:20 shiho

Thanks for the warning. Now updating my product.  

News Comments > System Shock Kickstarter and Demo
36. Re: System Shock Kickstarter and Demo Jun 29, 2016, 16:43 shiho

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 15:56:
Overall, I don`t really mind "them" making sequels - can`t stop that and maybe some will turn out okay. But "reboot"? It`s just so unneeded. There`s no way a bunch of hacks like Nightdive can improve on original System Shock. Nobody can. So, make a decent remake and leave the new SS to people who know what they are doing, aka Otherside.

Initially it seemed like a great idea, because Nightdive has the source code for System Shock. But since the "reboot" is using Unity engine, I am not sure they will actually be using any systems as they were coded by Looking Glass.

Part of the game balance was the movement and attack speed of everything. And they have to replicate the internal RPG systems properly.

With the source and painstaking attention, it should be still possible, but indeed I don't think Nightdive is a "painstaking attention" kind of company.

Looking Glass made several great games. Because they had talent.

News Comments > System Shock Kickstarter and Demo
21. Re: System Shock Kickstarter and Demo Jun 29, 2016, 03:37 shiho

Jerykk wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 02:47:
I really don't understand this fear of reboots. These were old games/series that were essentially dead. It's not like a SS reboot will alter the future of the series when the series had no future to begin with. Meadowbrook Insurance Group (the company that owned the IP until Night Dive bought it) was never going to make a System Shock 3, let alone a SS3 that picked up where SS2 left off.

It is better to have no game, than a shit game which becomes the new point of reference for the "resuscitated" franchise.

For example, Fallout franchise wouldn't have devolved from a richly reactive and cohesive world, into a shitty Call of Duty clone where you communicate with NPCs with a series of entirely inconsequential grunts.

We didn't need another one of those. It adds absolutely nothing. But what it definitely does, is muddy the legacy of a franchise.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer
36. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer Jun 28, 2016, 23:52 shiho

Slashman wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 19:54:
Well you're still here, feeling the need to defend it.

Oh, there's nothing to defend against. I just troll you back

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 28, 2016, 19:52 shiho

Microsoft has breached user trust in numerous and irreparable ways.

Win10 is not just a new OS. It does not present the same problem as previous OSes (just being slower or less compatible). It is intrusive, it violates privacy as allowed by its EULA, and it overrides user choices.

After I am disallowed to use Win8.1 on new machines, it's Linux time.
I don't play many games, plus Linux has Firefox and Steam and qBittorrent and Pidgin, and my dev. tools work just fine on Linux too.

34. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer Jun 28, 2016, 17:41 shiho

Slashman wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 09:04:
shihonage wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 01:43:

You do sound pretty frustrated.

Yeah I always get frustrated when the sequel to a game I enjoyed is set to come out. In fact it leads me to write pointless diatribes on the state of modern FPS gaming...oh wait!

It's so pointless and forgettable, and yet here you are, still complaining about it.

32. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer Jun 28, 2016, 01:43 shiho

Slashman wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 20:57:
shihonage wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 16:18:
Slashman wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 16:06:
A self-important, man-baby who can't accept that other people have differing opinions than his own? Yeah...that's pretty much what you look like. How's that blanky working out for you?

The more riled up you get, the better this gets

You know, your first post is still there on the previous page right (seems a bit riled to me)? I just pointed out your whiny attitude, apparently striking a raw nerve in the process. Kids are easy to frustrate like that.

You do sound pretty frustrated.

29. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer Jun 27, 2016, 16:18 shiho

Slashman wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 16:06:
A self-important, man-baby who can't accept that other people have differing opinions than his own? Yeah...that's pretty much what you look like. How's that blanky working out for you?

The more riled up you get, the better this gets

27. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer Jun 27, 2016, 15:48 shiho

Slashman wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 09:38:
shihonage wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 23:10:
Slashman wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 22:42:
And yet people are going to buy and enjoy this game anyway if it's fun. Your rant will remain as pointless as you are.

It's okay, it's not the first time I cast pearls before swine.

Yep. Narcissism-laced vitriol is exactly the kind of pearl we all want more of!

This is what denial looks like.

23. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer Jun 26, 2016, 23:10 shiho

Slashman wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 22:42:
And yet people are going to buy and enjoy this game anyway if it's fun. Your rant will remain as pointless as you are.

It's okay, it's not the first time I cast pearls before swine.

21. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer Jun 26, 2016, 22:19 shiho

Slashman wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 21:25:
And yet you think ranting on an internet forum will somehow remake the world in your image. Try not to break your arm off patting yourself on the back. Keep thinking you're more relevant and enlightened than everyone else. I'm sure it's what keeps you going.

Even your attempts at hannibal lectering suck

19. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer Jun 26, 2016, 16:35 shiho

Slashman wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 09:54:
You sound like a bitter little kid: "Everyone needs to have MY kind of fun or they suck! The whole world sucks! Now where's my blanky?!?!??"

And yet you're the one throwing a content-free tantrum in response to an argument you can't even comprehend.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jun 26, 2016, 16:26 shiho

Next, the "extremist" category will be arbitrarily expanded. Twitter already shadow-bans conservatives, and it's only going to get worse from there.  

10. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer Jun 26, 2016, 00:58 shiho

This and D44M continue to prove that the art of making a good FPS has been lost. Hell, my 2D ASCII shooter has more original-Doom-era gameplay than most of this crap.

But then, what do you expect when you release an FPS for PC and consoles simultaneously? Same old shit. Weird-feeling movement, weird-feeling, oversized weapons, no symbiotic relationship between enemies and level design, no situational weapon use or opportunity to use any sort of strategy while cutting a path for yourself (thanks both to "improved" enemy AI, and level design valuing aesthetics over function).

Just run forward in a glorified tunnel until you land in a glorified arena, where you strafe in a circle and press the trigger repeatedly. With your EZ-mode versions of the katana or chainsaw. That's all the FPS designers of today can do. Bless their little skulls.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
50. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2016, 17:47 shiho

jdreyer wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 02:33:
@Shihonage, nice site, I agree. And I see that you've been active in the comments and have a lot of experience to share. Well done.

Also, may I complement you on your English.

Thank you jdreyer

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2016, 16:49 shiho

I actually made a tiny website for helping with gastritis, and it did help a number of people on Internet forums.

https://gastritishelp.wordpress.com/

If you are too lazy to click, and are in the beginning stages, just take away one thing - buy "Dr's Best PepZin GI", and start taking 4 pills per day, one after you wake up, one before bed, and two others interspersed in the middle of intervals between meals.

This supplement (zinc carnosine) was invented in Japan 30+ years ago, and they've been using it for stomach ailments since then. It really does work.

Of course, you may need to suppress stomach acid as well, depending on how far gone your gastritis is. But that's all on the site.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 23, 2016, 15:50 shiho

My Motorola phone has a headphone jack and it can be dropped into a glass of water for 30 minutes and sustain no damage.

It's SORCERY.

Oh and and and all arguments against the jack are complete bullshit.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 18, 2016, 15:41 shiho

Simon Says wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 07:49:

That's terrible... *points to* hosts file or if it fails, their router firewall in order to block the listed IP adresses.

I won't argue its no big deal, but they, and you too, are talking about it like the OS is some kind of god flogging you with its omnipotent powers. Your router doesn't give a damn about what OS is running, it'll still block the IP address if the hosts file fails to and slap it silly. It takes a minimum of effort, but in the end, once its done, its done. Heck you can even give it a range of IP addresses in case you suspect they'll try a slight variation to bypass the blocks. Easy enough.

1) Win10 spyware ignores the hosts file.

2) There are many IP addresses it contacts, and we're never guaranteed to know them all. Especially if you ever plan to install a Windows "update".

3) Given the obvious change of policy at Microsoft where the user is no longer respected, you're dealing with an OS that will lie to you on a fundamental level. In Windows 7 you were not a real admin until you disabled UAC and magically got "real" admin privileges. In Win 8.1 you're pushed one step further - you need to disable UAC and then edit security policies. In Win 10 you may think you're admin, but your preferences do not matter, they can be reverted at any moment, and things will be done behind your back.

Windows 10 is not just a piece of software - it's an OS radically different in philosophy from all their previous OSes, which is why it cannot be trusted. With Windows 10, you're just a brainless attachment to the machine, who doesn't know what's good for him.

There's been a long chain of "fuck you"s coming from Microsoft to the user, from Office 2007's productivity-murdering interface, to Win8's UI, and then to Win8.1 having a "start menu" which just pops up the Metro garbage again.

Yet Win 8.1 is still an OS in a traditional sense. It was made before the "Windows 10 directive".

There's no fixing this. The chances of Microsoft pulling a full stop and reversing their hare-brained decisions are infinitessimal. They breached user trust, and they're not even aware of the damage, but the fallout is coming.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 18, 2016, 04:27 shiho

Flo wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 04:16:
shihonage wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 03:13:
If it removes crapware, will it uninstall Win 10 as well?
Sigh

Before doing all that sighing, you may want to research the EULA you agreed to when installing Windows 10. Hint: it lets Microsoft take your files for any reason at any time.

You may also want to research whether unticking all those boxes which let it spy on you, actually did anything.

Hint: it did not. And third-party utilities don't do the job, either.

http://bgr.com/2016/02/10/windows-10-spying-investigation/

In addition, Win10 has been known to uninstall third-party drivers and software without user consent, as well as revert user-changed settings by itself.

It is the OS that won't let you disable Windows Update. And at this point I wouldn't put it past them to run hidden processes to that effect, should you neuter its service.

With Windows 10, you're no longer any resemblance of "admin". You're just another peripheral.

That OS is the beginning of Microsoft's end. No amount of DX12 and other kind of planned obsolescence is going to force me to ever use it.

When Win8.1 stops being supported, I will actually go to Linux. Good thing I don't play modern games.

640 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo