Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for A.S.

Real Name A.S.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname shiho
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 18, 2011, 06:27
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 56986

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization May 19, 2018, 03:41 shiho

as opposed to old improvements?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse May 14, 2018, 21:57 shiho

Gave up on Lost in Space after surviving 4 episodes of that crap. First of all, it's "Lost On Planet", or perhaps LOST "in space", if ya know what I mean. Except LOST had... actors, at least.

Netflix's "The Rain" has been panned, apparently, and it is a thoroughly mediocre show, however it actually has a plot that seems to move forward, which makes it more watchable than "Lost In Space".

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 8, 2018, 04:24 shiho

The ED-209 scene in Robocop was prophetic. The robot killed the dude because he didn't see the gun drop.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2018, 06:00 shiho

DO NOT GET BACK SURGERY.

1) Do this 12-minute exercise every day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BOTvaRaDjI

2) Do this exercise with the ball every day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mru33xLcDE

Trust me.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Video Teases New Biomes
22. Re: MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Video Teases New Biomes Mar 16, 2018, 12:48 shiho

PREDICTION: there will be no heat management, no night vision, no wireframe display, no radar. Locational damage modeling will be rudimentary. The simulation engine will remain inferior to the one in MW2 from 23 years ago. There will be no cool female computer voice narrating yours and enemies' state changes.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 14, 2018, 03:54 shiho

WTF is this shit? In the 90s I was never forced to play an FPS on a CGA monitor. This guy will have to crowdfund people to even touch this garbage.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 15, 2018, 18:23 shiho

My first experience with 3DFX was running Turok. I had a Matrox Mystique before, but it didn't have bilinear filtering or alpha blending. Probably no proper mipmapping either. The difference was shocking.  

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered
19. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 16:39 shiho

Retired wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 13:53:
Been watching some Twitch vids - anyone know if this is Skyrim level epic amount of game? Not to happy about he 59.99 price tag - will be looking for a sale or a key store.

You are why we can't have nice things.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
21. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jan 30, 2018, 02:26 shiho

NKD wrote on Jan 21, 2018, 02:29:
Shouldn't you be deported already? I thought we were getting rid of people from shithole countries.

There there. I endured 8 years of Obama trying to convert America into a shithole country. Surely you can endure 8 years of Trump bringing economic and cultural incline without breaking into tears every day.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2018, 02:17 shiho

Nucas wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 01:04:
shiho wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 17:09:
I wrote a crack for DWANGO which got me a cease-and-desist letter from their law firm. DWANGO had a 30-minute trial which identified your PC by its hard drive serial number or a similar variable (its been a while).

I found a way to change this variable. So you run my program, it changes the identifier, becomes a TSR (stays in memory), DWANGO launches, the program automatically travels through all the boxes and signs up for a new trial account using random names and addresses (and phone numbers which were mostly valid), and you're in.

i love hearing about this kind of stuff.
how'd they link it to you? did they trace suspicious activity back to your original account or did you distribute it?

I was enough of a brazen teenage idiot to put my actual name in the program. I gave it to a couple of guys and it spread from there.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2018, 17:09 shiho

I wrote a crack for DWANGO which got me a cease-and-desist letter from their law firm. DWANGO had a 30-minute trial which identified your PC by its hard drive serial number or a similar variable (its been a while).

I found a way to change this variable. So you run my program, it changes the identifier, becomes a TSR (stays in memory), DWANGO launches, the program automatically travels through all the boxes and signs up for a new trial account using random names and addresses (and phone numbers which were mostly valid), and you're in.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 24, 2018, 01:37 shiho

Their time would be more productively spent investigating Twitter's involvement in Twitter.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
17. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jan 21, 2018, 01:27 shiho

NKD wrote on Jan 20, 2018, 21:52:
Simon Says wrote on Jan 20, 2018, 19:48:

The whole world is laughing at you USA.

I can't blame them. I'd laugh at a country that elected someone like Trump too.

Oh look, more snowflake butthurt.

News Comments > Into the Black
21. Re: Into the Black Dec 7, 2017, 05:18 shiho

That "overhyped" list was created by SomethingAwful-type edgetards.  

News Comments > Battlezone Combat Commander Announced
3. Re: Battlezone Combat Commander Announced Nov 30, 2017, 02:24 shiho

Last time I checked, original devs were STILL supporting BZ2 with patches up to this day. Why is this even a thing?  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 24, 2017, 04:32 shiho

STD is one show that should've been canceled after the pilot. Long live The Orville, a.k.a. the real Star Trek.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 13, 2017, 23:54 shiho

They're gonna tackle it, use a double-leg takedown, get it in side control, take the back, and then choke it to death.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
6. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 22, 2017, 02:57 shiho

"History teaches us that [...] people love to believe they are intrinsically better, and somebody else is intrinsically worse, regardless of whatever else is going on in their lives."

Finally you're beginning to understand the core of political correctness . It has become a dangerous religious cult of virtue-signaling due to its appeal to vanity, and the young are most susceptible to it.

Thus, vapid cries of "racism" have replaced the middle-ages cries of "heretic", before someone got burned at the stake.

This is how the Google engineer got fired - their religious dogma went against the science, actual evidence-supported, solid science that he used in his essay.

This country is now in full 1984 mode. You're just not on the side you think you are.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics
1. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics Jun 1, 2017, 21:02 shiho

Diablo 3 tries to dig itself out of the grave by introducing a class that digs things out of graves.  

News Comments > 11 Million Paladins and Counting
11. Re: 11 Million Paladins and Counting May 22, 2017, 01:37 shiho

Tribes Ascend. Never forget.  

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo