Descending
Limit Results:

289 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ] Older

Re: PlayStation 5 in November
Sep 17, 2020, 09:14
Re: PlayStation 5 in November Sep 17, 2020, 09:14
Sep 17, 2020, 09:14

Dam seriously! I was going to preorder one today but apparently, they started selling it yesterday. WTF?!?! Don't say preorders start tomorrow, then let stores sell them the day before. *sigh* Oh well no launch console for me. Not too broken up about it since I am more interested in a RTX3090 but I just hate when crap like that happens.

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Re-leased
Sep 9, 2020, 08:26
Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Re-leased Sep 9, 2020, 08:26
Sep 9, 2020, 08:26

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 9, 2020, 00:20:
Do they even rent Re-Reckoning?
Yeah they do it's on the EAPlay service right now and available if you subscribe. I loaded up Origin after not using it since I finished Jedi Fallen Order and did a search for re-recokoning and it found only one match on EAPlay and it's not for sale in the store.

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Re-leased
Sep 8, 2020, 23:55
Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Re-leased Sep 8, 2020, 23:55
Sep 8, 2020, 23:55

*sigh* so no way to buy it discounted on GoG, I own it but on Origin which doesn't sell it, only rents it with their crap service. lol

Well I guess one day I'll get it on GoG but not anytime soon.

Re: Morning Metaverse
Sep 8, 2020, 15:02
Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 8, 2020, 15:02
Sep 8, 2020, 15:02

When I saw only 3 episodes of The Boys S2 on Amazon I skipped watching it. I am waiting for it all to be there before I even bother watching. Amazon might just cancel it due to poor ratings, but it'll be their own dam fault. I am not waiting around every Friday for a new episode to drop, I'll either watch it all one day or I'll wait till it's all there and watch it all one day later. It's a good show but I still prefer the comic version. The review bomb IMHO is the natural reaction when you don't give people a way to give feedback and at the same time change the way you do things out of the blue.

Amazon might have wanted to give weekly releases a try, but that train has already left and going at full speed. HBO/Hulu etc went with weekly releases from the start, so not many complained, but Amazon/Netflix went all episodes out from the beginning, and now it's too late to change course. If they did this from the beginning or really just near the start like before any original shows got a second season, then maybe they could have gotten less blowback, but not now that they have some series having 3 or more seasons under their belt, all having been released all at once each season, it's too late. The train is moving at full speed, don't expect to quickly switch tracks without a derailment at this point in time. Unfortunately for The Boys Amazon tried it with their series, hopefully they will still get a chance to continue, but bean counters and TV shows always have a nasty habit of clashing in a bad direction.

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
Sep 2, 2020, 23:16
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2020, 23:16
Sep 2, 2020, 23:16

The ad seems to gloss over the fact that if only the authorized mechanic can stop a predator from finding you, then if the authorized mechanic is the predator there are no unauthorized mechanics fix the things to stop them from finding you.

Re: Apple's Epic Threat to Epic
Aug 18, 2020, 09:42
Re: Apple's Epic Threat to Epic Aug 18, 2020, 09:42
Aug 18, 2020, 09:42

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 18, 2020, 07:30:
bigspender wrote on Aug 18, 2020, 04:44:
That's a closed software environment, not a monopoly.
Exactly. You can't start making furniture in your spare time and expect to force the local Lazy Boy franchise to make room for your stuff on the floor room whether or not they like it.

And if that was the case I agree, but that's not how it works in the Apple world. In Apple world, you aren't even allowed to start making furniture unless you agree to only sell your stuff at the Lazy Boy store. If you have the audacity to think about selling your creations in your own store, they take away all the resources (wood, padding, fabric, metal, plastic, nails, screws, glue, etc), and tools you use to make or maintain existing products.

Personally I think closed software environments are more of a threat to businesses than the usual monopoly as defined by law and the term monopoly should be changed to include closed software environments. To me as much as I don't particularly like epic's handling of exclusives via their PC store, agree with them here. Apple is a threat to all businesses that make apps for their platform and is showing how much like a monopoly a closed software environment is in this case should hopefully get some added laws into place to prevent such actions the are taking towards epic. Though IMO I don't think epic has a chance of winning in a court of law because as stated earlier it's a closed software environment not a monopoly and AFAIK there aren't laws that apply to closed software environments even though they work pretty much as a monopoly on those environments.

Re: Steam Restricts Promoting Other Outlets
Aug 18, 2020, 09:01
Re: Steam Restricts Promoting Other Outlets Aug 18, 2020, 09:01
Aug 18, 2020, 09:01

Cutter wrote on Aug 17, 2020, 22:31:
And what's wrong with that? It's like you coming into my restaurant and eating only so you can tell everyone else about your restaurant down the street. Fuck and no.
Except for the fact that in your example, the devs = your cooks, and while I want to eat at the other restaurant because doesn't lace the food with extra unwanted seasonings called DRM, the dam cooks rarely/if ever show up at the other place to answer any problems I have, so I have to go to yours just to get them to respond to my questions.

Seriously this is a big pile of shit. I get the whole don't promote the other stores as a fair policy, but as the article says:
The new rule also specifically calls out content patches that might exist off of Steam’s store.
now that I can't get behind at all. I can't tell you the number of times people from GoG had to go to Steam forums just to remind those devs "hey idiots we bought your shit on GoG go update that version also." Also had to find out from steam forums that several games that they stopped updating the gog version so users had to get a steam key if they ever wanted updates in the future and how to contact them to get a free steam key in exchange for the abandoned GoG version.

Re: etc.
Jul 19, 2020, 08:55
Re: etc. Jul 19, 2020, 08:55
Jul 19, 2020, 08:55

Not surprising at all, once Prey showed up on GoG it was almost a guarantee that other stores would be updated to remove Denuvo also. Other stores don't want GoG to be the only place to buy a Denuvo free copy.

Re: Three GOG.com Freebies
Jun 3, 2020, 11:48
Re: Three GOG.com Freebies Jun 3, 2020, 11:48
Jun 3, 2020, 11:48

Didn't get any error. I didn't have to enter anything either. I just pressed pay for this order and it just went to order successful page. Maybe it only happens if your last purchase was paypal. My last purchase from GoG was via CC option and I don't save any data with GoG on payment info either.

Re: Diablo II Remastered Rumors Resurface
May 10, 2020, 21:58
Re: Diablo II Remastered Rumors Resurface May 10, 2020, 21:58
May 10, 2020, 21:58

FYI Humble Bundle has the Grimdawn on sale now:
Base Game: $5.62
Ashes : $11.33
Forgotten Gods: $10.79
Crucible Mode: $3.77

May 10, 2020, 13:20
Re: Diablo II Remastered Rumors Resurface May 10, 2020, 13:20
May 10, 2020, 13:20

eRe4s3r wrote on May 10, 2020, 10:27:
The mod didn't make the best impression for me when I started it up, smashed over some level 4 demon by hitting him with my attack for 3 minutes (not kidding) and getting a blue gun and scrap from it.... also too dark is an understatement. ^^
Yeah I can see that happening with the initial weapons and the drop rates of anything better is super low. I had to buy some blue gear from the blacksmith in order to really get going since the drops were all just regular stuff that feels really weak. The balance is definitely against the player in the beginning compared to D2LOD. With the Amazon melee felt much weaker than ranged. I don't usually play pure melee characters so once I noticed that I was just keeping away as much as possible so it felt pretty much the same as what I played in D2LOD.

May 10, 2020, 09:59
Re: Diablo II Remastered Rumors Resurface May 10, 2020, 09:59
May 10, 2020, 09:59

jdreyer wrote on May 10, 2020, 01:36:
I own Grim Dawn (and like it a lot) but I don't own the expansions. They cost $35, which is quite a bit...
Yeah I bought the expansions separately during sales last year so I paid around $28 for both. I still haven't even gotten to either as I have never finished the main GD game but now I feel glad I got them ;). I was replaying D2LOD but the upscaling of 800x600 to my 1600p display was terrible looking so I might just try going farther with this mod.

Still I'd just grab the mod for now (especially if you liked D2) even if I couldn't play it at the moment due to what I mentioned earlier. It's not a perfect D2LOD clone mod, but it really does kind of feel like a D2 remaster. I played till I got past Andariel before I stopped last night. And overall the only thing strange was it was a bit too dark especially in the caves. They did a good job on the skill trees and tried to fit them to GD's system so some skills I noticed that in D2 had multiple prerequisites had only 1, but they were all present (for Amazon class anyway). Bow skills don't require arrows to be picked up for ammo. There is no durability in the weapons, so thrown weapons like Javelins are infinite. The health system works as GD's, so you recover health after fights.

May 10, 2020, 01:31
Re: Diablo II Remastered Rumors Resurface May 10, 2020, 01:31
May 10, 2020, 01:31

jdreyer wrote on May 9, 2020, 21:42:
PHJF wrote on May 9, 2020, 20:43:
jdreyer wrote on May 9, 2020, 20:30:
Apparently you can play a modern version of Diablo 2 using Grim Dawn and this mod.

I've been doing this hard for the past week.
How is it?
It's actually quite impressive. I just played Diablo 2 LOD a couple of weeks ago and it plays like it and really reminds me of the original. They ripped out the voice overs, some graphics, the quests and story line right out of the old D2LOD game and used it.

I am not actually sure how this mod is okay with Blizzard. Maybe blizzard don't know about it yet. I could see if they didn't include the assets like the voices, quests and the graphics like the character graphics to choose your class, or maybe made a program that ripped the assets out of your Diablo2LOD files on a user's HDD, but with those included in the mod I'd expect this to get a DMCA take down letter sooner or later. So grab it while you can.

May 9, 2020, 15:32
Re: Diablo II Remastered Rumors Resurface May 9, 2020, 15:32
May 9, 2020, 15:32

Unfortunately, this won't be a remaster so much as a from scratch rewrite. From what I understand all the source code and original assets were lost permanently. So the game is going to definitely be different than the original and to me that would probably make it something I'll pass on. I am sure Blizzard will do something stupid like with D3 and D4 and tie it to be always online or some other kind of BS. For me, I would rather they never attempt it at all then make it like that.

Re: Get Death Coming for Free
May 8, 2020, 11:37
Re: Get Death Coming for Free May 8, 2020, 11:37
May 8, 2020, 11:37

Got it and yet it won't let you play the game unless you give Epic permission to:

Share your display name, language preferences and linked account display names with this application.
Press deny and the game quits.

The privacy policy says it stores the data in China, and am not liking lots of it. For example For Device ID, Device Information, IP Address information:

For PC, this data is stored for the life of the Game, and then deleted within 7 days of a request to delete your profile.
For your unique identifier like steam ID or in this case epic account ID:

Stored for the lifetime of your use of the Game (i.e. until profile deletion in accordance with your request) and then deleted within 7 days of a request to delete your profile.
So I uninstalled it.

The game did look interesting though, but not enough to let me want to share any data of any kind with China.

Re: GOG GALAXY Version 2.0 Nears
Apr 23, 2020, 02:32
Re: GOG GALAXY Version 2.0 Nears Apr 23, 2020, 02:32
Apr 23, 2020, 02:32

I not thrilled about it because I don't want or need all those features. But overall I am more upset that they killed the GoG Downloader than anything. That to me was the perfect client for GoG. No friends lists, no games lists, no chats, no forums, no store, no linking to other storefronts. You just go to the website click the link and it downloads all the pieces of the game and installer to a directory on your HDD. Nothing else in it, so nice and clean. Yeah that's also available in Galaxy as a "backup" installer download, but look at all that extra crap that is in there. Sigh

Re: Sunday Safety Dance
Apr 6, 2020, 10:16
Re: Sunday Safety Dance Apr 6, 2020, 10:16
Apr 6, 2020, 10:16

Make my password into a 4-5 digit PIN? FUCK NO!

Everything they stated in the article about how much more secure a PIN would be since it is tied to a device applies (even more so) when using a good mixed case alphanumeric w/ punctuation password. So in essence they are downgrading security by making entry to a lost device easier.

The rule IMHO is basically, making security more convenient for the user is equal to reducing the security.

Re: Free Pinball FX3 Care Package
Apr 5, 2020, 09:52
Re: Free Pinball FX3 Care Package Apr 5, 2020, 09:52
Apr 5, 2020, 09:52

I didn't even realize FX3 came out and was "free to play". It is nice that it imported all my FX2 tables that I bought and they were all available to me immediately. I think the only thing I got in this care pack are the Aliens vs. Pinball tables, but it's a nice freebie.

Re: Epic Games Publishing Announced
Mar 26, 2020, 12:01
Re: Epic Games Publishing Announced Mar 26, 2020, 12:01
Mar 26, 2020, 12:01

The devs better read those terms carefully. The "Developers earn a fair share for their work -- once costs are recouped, developers earn at least 50% of all profits." was something that can be dicey. It was stuff like that that got many actors to change their residuals from "Profit" to "Gross" simply because of "Hollywood accounting" practices. I take JMS the creator of Babylon 5 as an example, he went and made a show for WB that grossed them over a billion dollars an he kept his show under $1m per episode, for 5 seasons @ 22 episodes per season and he never once got a cut of the profits because according to WB, the show has still not made any profit based on their accounting.

Re: Get Child of Light for Free
Mar 25, 2020, 07:44
Re: Get Child of Light for Free Mar 25, 2020, 07:44
Mar 25, 2020, 07:44

Always wanted to give this a try. Finally got it and I can't run it. It looks like it's one of those games that can't handle high core/thread counts. Setting affinity doesn't work, looks like if you can do more than 17 threads it just crashes immediately on start according to old steam forum posts. To run it you'd have to boot windows to a limited mode using msconfig. So uninstalled.

That makes 2 games I know of that can't handle high core counts (this and Technomancer). It always surprises me when a game made after 2010 can't handle high core counts while games made in the 1990's handle it fine like Baldur's Gate, Fallout, etc...
289 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ] Older