Descending
Limit Results:

298 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ] Older

Re: Rocksmith+ Announced
Jun 13, 2021, 01:45
Re: Rocksmith+ Announced Jun 13, 2021, 01:45
Jun 13, 2021, 01:45

They definitely lost me with the subscription. The only new feature I really wanted is the one that I have been requesting for since I bought Rocksmith, a tablature mode.

As a more casual user of Rocksmith, I find subscription completely unacceptable. I haven't played Rocksmith in a long time because I find it much easier to just get the tab and learn it normally. Then if I own the Rocksmith song I learned, use that for a check against the rhythm and note accuracy. With this new version, I'd have to pay practically every time I learned a song.

Buying songs on Rocksmith means you get to keep using it cause you paid for that particular song. This one sounds like it's "netflix" like. Which means you get access to all the songs they have, but when they lose their license, get into a fight about royalties, or a competitor gets a exclusive, don't expect it to be there the next time you login. And like most streaming services, expect the prices to go up at regular intervals.

Re: Ubisoft Scaling Back on AAA Games
May 12, 2021, 10:34
Re: Ubisoft Scaling Back on AAA Games May 12, 2021, 10:34
May 12, 2021, 10:34

It's been a long time since I finished a Ubisoft game. The last one I played was Odyssey and that one I just couldn't stomach it anymore. It was so grindy it felt like it was another un-fun job to do instead of a GAME. I didn't even bother with Valhalla which looked to me like an Odyssey reskin.

F2P is definitely not going to earn them anything from me. I pass on any F2P game because they all just make the grind and RNG loot feel even worse than even Odyssey hoping it bothers you enough to buy some loot from the store with real money. I don't play a game as a side job of grinding for loot, I play a game because it's FUN and an escape from the daily grind of life.

Re: Epic v. Apple Exhibits
May 4, 2021, 09:54
Re: Epic v. Apple Exhibits May 4, 2021, 09:54
May 4, 2021, 09:54

Orogogus wrote on May 4, 2021, 01:49:
I believe there's a dispensation for temporary, short-term sale prices. Right now, the GTA V Premium Edition is $15 on the EGS and $30 on Steam with no coupons involved. Frostpunk is $10.20 on GOG.com and $30 on Steam. And obviously when the EGS or GOG gives away games the developers aren't matching that on Steam.
Actually if you follow the prices, they are uniform. Yes they don't have to match all the time like when store sales don't line up between stores, but if you look at the actual prices, now that GoG is selling Frostpunk for $10.20 it will also be on steam for that exact same price or lower the next time it goes on sale on Steam. Steam does not allow devs or publishers to sell at a lower price on any other store. If they do allow the price to be lowered in one store, they must match that price on steam. That's why if you see a game on sale on any other store EA, GoG, Ubisoft, Epic, etc... you can guarantee that price (at a minimum) will be the same on steam next time it is on sale.

As an example, Horizon Zero Dawn was a BIG game release. It had a generous day one price discount, it was released on steam several months earlier than GoG so Steam got a majority of the sales. When they actually surprised people and also released it on GoG, they matched the day one discount on GoG, but in order to take away some sales from GoG, steam price matched GoG as a "sale" at the same time.

As far as short giveaways go, yeah that is about the only time I can say I haven't seen steam matching them, but I am pretty sure that if steam decided they wanted them to match those giveaway deals under the same terms given to the publishers/devs at other stores then the publishers/devs would have to comply. I am pretty sure those giveaways as far as the publishers/devs go are actually "purchased" at cost by the store giving them away. That's probably why steam doesn't match them.

Re: Epic v. Apple Exhibits
May 4, 2021, 00:20
Re: Epic v. Apple Exhibits May 4, 2021, 00:20
May 4, 2021, 00:20

Kxmode wrote on May 3, 2021, 21:13:
Companies that put their games on Steam are free to sell on any other PC platform without hindrance from Valve.
Yes and no. A company can sell any of their games on any other platform but they are NOT allowed to undercut steam's prices. That's why epic could only undercut steam's prices during their sale by giving out $10 coupons, if they actually reflected a lower price in the sale, that company would have to match those prices on steam also or they'd be in violation of their steam contract.

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Apr 30, 2021, 14:12
Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 30, 2021, 14:12
Apr 30, 2021, 14:12

Remember it's not just $500 more for the FB-less Oculus Quest 2, it is $500 more plus an annual fee of $180 on top. This is basically a business version of Oculus you are buying that doesn't sell the data they collect (like physical traits height, arm length, play space dimensions, etc...). There is no way FB is going to just charge you a one time fee of an extra $500. I wouldn't be surprised if someone found out that thanks to the cameras that are used for tracking there isn't some functionality that actually stores images of your play area at random intervals on their servers for the normal version of the hardware.

Re: Pinball FX Coming to Epic Games Store
Mar 27, 2021, 09:38
Re: Pinball FX Coming to Epic Games Store Mar 27, 2021, 09:38
Mar 27, 2021, 09:38

For some reason when I interpret those words "new pinball platform ... epic game store" all I see is - "new pinball platform on epic game store, all your old tables you bought on steam, must be repurchased."

Re: Out of the Blue
Mar 21, 2021, 23:50
Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2021, 23:50
Mar 21, 2021, 23:50

What's really a shame is that this makes the other movies Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman really fit well into the DC Movie universe and sets up a very nice overall arch for the DC Movie Universe that we unfortunately will probably never get to see finished.

Re: Nemesis System Patent
Jan 30, 2021, 23:30
Re: Nemesis System Patent Jan 30, 2021, 23:30
Jan 30, 2021, 23:30

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 30, 2021, 20:37:
Gameplay systems can not be patented. Case over.
Biggest problem is to find out for certain, someone would have to make a game where it was used, then wait to get sued, fight it, and win in court. There won't be many takers given how much it would cost even if they think they can win, and it would cost much much more if they lose.

Re: Evening Consolidation
Nov 10, 2020, 08:52
Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 10, 2020, 08:52
Nov 10, 2020, 08:52

As a PS5 buyer I have to say I am not happy with the $70 price tag. I will now wait for sales with only very rare exceptions. I bought 2 games for the release and that will be it till HZD 2. Preordering 2 Digital games for $70 a pop was really not a happy experience, though I talked myself into it because Spider-man ultimate was really 2 games so along with Demon Souls for $140 didn't feel as painful on my wallet. (~$47/game). But outside of the upcoming Horizon Zero Dawn 2, I haven't seen anything else that I think is worth $70. I guess it's time to reinstate my gamefly subscription.

Re: PlayStation 5 in November
Sep 17, 2020, 09:14
Re: PlayStation 5 in November Sep 17, 2020, 09:14
Sep 17, 2020, 09:14

Dam seriously! I was going to preorder one today but apparently, they started selling it yesterday. WTF?!?! Don't say preorders start tomorrow, then let stores sell them the day before. *sigh* Oh well no launch console for me. Not too broken up about it since I am more interested in a RTX3090 but I just hate when crap like that happens.

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Re-leased
Sep 9, 2020, 08:26
Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Re-leased Sep 9, 2020, 08:26
Sep 9, 2020, 08:26

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 9, 2020, 00:20:
Do they even rent Re-Reckoning?
Yeah they do it's on the EAPlay service right now and available if you subscribe. I loaded up Origin after not using it since I finished Jedi Fallen Order and did a search for re-recokoning and it found only one match on EAPlay and it's not for sale in the store.

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Re-leased
Sep 8, 2020, 23:55
Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Re-leased Sep 8, 2020, 23:55
Sep 8, 2020, 23:55

*sigh* so no way to buy it discounted on GoG, I own it but on Origin which doesn't sell it, only rents it with their crap service. lol

Well I guess one day I'll get it on GoG but not anytime soon.

Re: Morning Metaverse
Sep 8, 2020, 15:02
Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 8, 2020, 15:02
Sep 8, 2020, 15:02

When I saw only 3 episodes of The Boys S2 on Amazon I skipped watching it. I am waiting for it all to be there before I even bother watching. Amazon might just cancel it due to poor ratings, but it'll be their own dam fault. I am not waiting around every Friday for a new episode to drop, I'll either watch it all one day or I'll wait till it's all there and watch it all one day later. It's a good show but I still prefer the comic version. The review bomb IMHO is the natural reaction when you don't give people a way to give feedback and at the same time change the way you do things out of the blue.

Amazon might have wanted to give weekly releases a try, but that train has already left and going at full speed. HBO/Hulu etc went with weekly releases from the start, so not many complained, but Amazon/Netflix went all episodes out from the beginning, and now it's too late to change course. If they did this from the beginning or really just near the start like before any original shows got a second season, then maybe they could have gotten less blowback, but not now that they have some series having 3 or more seasons under their belt, all having been released all at once each season, it's too late. The train is moving at full speed, don't expect to quickly switch tracks without a derailment at this point in time. Unfortunately for The Boys Amazon tried it with their series, hopefully they will still get a chance to continue, but bean counters and TV shows always have a nasty habit of clashing in a bad direction.

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
Sep 2, 2020, 23:16
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2020, 23:16
Sep 2, 2020, 23:16

The ad seems to gloss over the fact that if only the authorized mechanic can stop a predator from finding you, then if the authorized mechanic is the predator there are no unauthorized mechanics fix the things to stop them from finding you.

Re: Apple's Epic Threat to Epic
Aug 18, 2020, 09:42
Re: Apple's Epic Threat to Epic Aug 18, 2020, 09:42
Aug 18, 2020, 09:42

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 18, 2020, 07:30:
bigspender wrote on Aug 18, 2020, 04:44:
That's a closed software environment, not a monopoly.
Exactly. You can't start making furniture in your spare time and expect to force the local Lazy Boy franchise to make room for your stuff on the floor room whether or not they like it.

And if that was the case I agree, but that's not how it works in the Apple world. In Apple world, you aren't even allowed to start making furniture unless you agree to only sell your stuff at the Lazy Boy store. If you have the audacity to think about selling your creations in your own store, they take away all the resources (wood, padding, fabric, metal, plastic, nails, screws, glue, etc), and tools you use to make or maintain existing products.

Personally I think closed software environments are more of a threat to businesses than the usual monopoly as defined by law and the term monopoly should be changed to include closed software environments. To me as much as I don't particularly like epic's handling of exclusives via their PC store, agree with them here. Apple is a threat to all businesses that make apps for their platform and is showing how much like a monopoly a closed software environment is in this case should hopefully get some added laws into place to prevent such actions the are taking towards epic. Though IMO I don't think epic has a chance of winning in a court of law because as stated earlier it's a closed software environment not a monopoly and AFAIK there aren't laws that apply to closed software environments even though they work pretty much as a monopoly on those environments.

Re: Steam Restricts Promoting Other Outlets
Aug 18, 2020, 09:01
Re: Steam Restricts Promoting Other Outlets Aug 18, 2020, 09:01
Aug 18, 2020, 09:01

Cutter wrote on Aug 17, 2020, 22:31:
And what's wrong with that? It's like you coming into my restaurant and eating only so you can tell everyone else about your restaurant down the street. Fuck and no.
Except for the fact that in your example, the devs = your cooks, and while I want to eat at the other restaurant because doesn't lace the food with extra unwanted seasonings called DRM, the dam cooks rarely/if ever show up at the other place to answer any problems I have, so I have to go to yours just to get them to respond to my questions.

Seriously this is a big pile of shit. I get the whole don't promote the other stores as a fair policy, but as the article says:
The new rule also specifically calls out content patches that might exist off of Steam’s store.
now that I can't get behind at all. I can't tell you the number of times people from GoG had to go to Steam forums just to remind those devs "hey idiots we bought your shit on GoG go update that version also." Also had to find out from steam forums that several games that they stopped updating the gog version so users had to get a steam key if they ever wanted updates in the future and how to contact them to get a free steam key in exchange for the abandoned GoG version.

Re: etc.
Jul 19, 2020, 08:55
Re: etc. Jul 19, 2020, 08:55
Jul 19, 2020, 08:55

Not surprising at all, once Prey showed up on GoG it was almost a guarantee that other stores would be updated to remove Denuvo also. Other stores don't want GoG to be the only place to buy a Denuvo free copy.

Re: Three GOG.com Freebies
Jun 3, 2020, 11:48
Re: Three GOG.com Freebies Jun 3, 2020, 11:48
Jun 3, 2020, 11:48

Didn't get any error. I didn't have to enter anything either. I just pressed pay for this order and it just went to order successful page. Maybe it only happens if your last purchase was paypal. My last purchase from GoG was via CC option and I don't save any data with GoG on payment info either.

Re: Diablo II Remastered Rumors Resurface
May 10, 2020, 21:58
Re: Diablo II Remastered Rumors Resurface May 10, 2020, 21:58
May 10, 2020, 21:58

FYI Humble Bundle has the Grimdawn on sale now:
Base Game: $5.62
Ashes : $11.33
Forgotten Gods: $10.79
Crucible Mode: $3.77

Re: Diablo II Remastered Rumors Resurface
May 10, 2020, 13:20
Re: Diablo II Remastered Rumors Resurface May 10, 2020, 13:20
May 10, 2020, 13:20

eRe4s3r wrote on May 10, 2020, 10:27:
The mod didn't make the best impression for me when I started it up, smashed over some level 4 demon by hitting him with my attack for 3 minutes (not kidding) and getting a blue gun and scrap from it.... also too dark is an understatement. ^^
Yeah I can see that happening with the initial weapons and the drop rates of anything better is super low. I had to buy some blue gear from the blacksmith in order to really get going since the drops were all just regular stuff that feels really weak. The balance is definitely against the player in the beginning compared to D2LOD. With the Amazon melee felt much weaker than ranged. I don't usually play pure melee characters so once I noticed that I was just keeping away as much as possible so it felt pretty much the same as what I played in D2LOD.
298 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ] Older