Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LurkerLito

Real Name LurkerLito   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LurkerLito
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2011, 20:27
Total Comments 241 (Novice)
User ID 56985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 15, 2016, 11:47 LurkerLito

Show a screen pic of WD2 NPC genitals and get a week suspension but talk about it to various media outlets about it and get a month suspension. That is not a violation of the Sony PSN ToS and that is a bunch of BS. You can't possibly have done anything to increase your suspension through their service while already being banned.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=224538699#post224538699

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wireless Vive Accessory Shown in China
1. Re: Wireless Vive Accessory Shown in China Nov 11, 2016, 12:59 LurkerLito

Waiting for reviews, but dam preorders sold out in 18 minutes  

News Comments > Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming
17. Re: Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming Oct 29, 2016, 17:20 LurkerLito

ROFL you can only go offline 3x per year and you have to be online to go offline. Sure just let me know ahead of time when those mysterious disasters that kick me offline are about to happen so I can be sure to do that. I am sure MS knows when that tree down the block will fall and take down the power/internet lines with it.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: bright lights Oct 11, 2016, 14:06 LurkerLito

MacLeod wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 12:22:
Weird they went with a camera/light based solution when this would be an issue though.
It's most likely a workaround for a patent someone else owns that they don't want to license. Lots of things do similar workarounds to get past patents and the trolls that would sue them.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 3, 2016, 16:19 LurkerLito

I don't know why everyone thinks the CPUs won't work with Win 7. They will work fine in Win 7 you just won't get to use any of the newer features built into them like the 4K stuff, new instructions/GPU, or even some of the power management stuff. It will though still run though and it will probably read (generic x86 or AMD64 Compatible CPU) in device manager or something like that.

Though what will break most likely is if there is a bug in the chip that needs a microcode change. That will be 100% broken and you won't get it in Win 7 so you'd have to live with the bug or move to a new OS.

They are forcing the obsolescence of Win 7 cause they can't lock it down like they can with Win 10. With all the 4K crap they put in there they built in hardware DRM so movie studios like Sony are willing to bring content to the PC. If someone works around the DRM they can't lock it down in Win 7 cause it can't force patches to the OS, but Win 10 can be forced to patch itself.

News Comments > Wireless HTC Vive Plans
14. Re: Wireless HTC Vive Plans Sep 1, 2016, 13:52 LurkerLito

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 13:32:
To clarify:
This is an addon for the current Vive, not a whole new headset.

What I'm curious about is what happens when the battery dies, either unexpectedly or someone ignores any alert it may give. If you unplug the Vive currently, you have a reaaaally good chance that your computer hard locks, or behaves incredibly oddly. The battery unit should have a short-charge secondary battery in it that can keep the unit alive for 1-2 minutes, and recharges from the larger, interchangeable rechargeable batteries.
The weirdest problem I had was when I OC-ed my video card a bit too much and it locked up the machine while I was in a VR game. It is incredibly disorientating. You move your head and the screen is frozen. I almost immediately started feeling a bit of motion sickness and had to pull off the headset. It would be better if they blank the screen black rather than keep the current image on screen locked up. It really messes with you when you were just moving around then now you are still moving but the world your eyes see is frozen.

News Comments > Wireless HTC Vive Plans
6. Re: Wireless HTC Vive Plans Sep 1, 2016, 11:51 LurkerLito

The battery is going to be a big problem IMHO. It's not just 2 screens and sensors, it's also the high bandwidth video/audio bi-directional streaming with sensor data that is going to be the issue for battery life. Think your phone/tablet doing constant video conferencing. I have an older tablet but the batteries in it can do at most 2.5 hours of video conferencing on a full charge. That is with the phone doing the encoding/decoding with built in hardware. The vive has none of that, it is done in the breakout box, which is why you'll also probably have to have a box in your pocket that will do the decoding/encoding of the data to/from the headset. Then they have to take into consideration that people might be rough with the devices due to the nature of VR and will have to pad it properly for safety so that accidentally falling on top of the batteries won't cause it to explode or set the user on fire. So yeah they have to worry a lot about the batteries and it's gotta have at least more than 3+ hours charge. They have to at least equal the charge in the motion controllers or the whole system is going to be disjointed from the start.

Gen 2 will be a while IMHO. The vive itself is pretty modular so you can just make the current one wireless. Unless there is a big move in costs I don't see them changing screens anytime soon. People are already complaining that it takes a pretty powerful PC and graphics card to use the $800 device. The problem is the cost of the new screens will also increase the cost to the hardware required to do the wireless streaming. So yeah 2 years for gen2 is probably a best case scenario. If the wireless can be done properly, you'll get a gen2 that is exactly the current gen + wireless. in 1.5-2 years. Gen 3 that might increase the eye resolutions will have to wait at least 3-5 years or the costs would be too high for many people.

News Comments > DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst Takes Off
9. Re: DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst Takes Off Aug 21, 2016, 11:52 LurkerLito

Yes it is AMAZING if you have a Vive and rig that can handle it. I have it and it is the some of the best VR I have tried. It actually made me feel exactly as if I was in a plane down to my motion sickness feeling when doing banks. With a 4.4Ghz i7-3770k + 980Ti it still stuttered in spots especially near the ground, but flying higher smoothed things over a lot. Your situational awareness is probably the thing that stands out the most, as you move your head around the cockpit, you can clearly see all the instruments and even flip them with a mouse click. If you have a Vive definitely go download DCSWorld and the free planes and fly around.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2016, 13:11 LurkerLito

IMHO DC does all the animated shows really well. I rarely am ever disappointed in what I have seen and I think I have seen most of them. Same cannot be said about the movies.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 5, 2016, 15:04 LurkerLito

I finally booted back into Win 10 last night to deffer the update. Then promptly booted back to Win 7 lol. Though thanks to Win 10 I now have a triple boot system and will be migrating to Linux as my main OS. I doubt game devs will move to Linux so I'll still have to boot to Win 10 in the future to play newly released games. If they'd fix that games issue I could probably dump Windows altogether now.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 21, 2016, 16:27 LurkerLito

Tumbler wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 14:15:
I don't see why G2A is worse than ebay. If I have a key that will work in North America for a game and I want to sell it I can go to places like ebay or g2a.

I paid for the key and I'm selling it...what's the big problem?
Did you not read the article? G2A requires NOTHING tangible that can actually link back to the seller. It use to be you only needed a simple throw away email address and you could sell as much as you want on G2A. That's why all the fraud happened there. You'd contact G2A they'd say we'll contact the seller and no one would contact them back and their only info on the seller is a dead email account.

They want to say they improved, by requiring a facebook or a russian facebook equivalent and a phone number? That's absolutely not good enough. You can buy a burner phone and make a fake facebook account easily. So nothing has really changed.

This isn't about you selling your extra humble bundle keys you bought, this is about if you were selling a bunch of keys you bought with stolen CC#s then selling them at G2A cause their security for checking the sellers is so lax that no one would notice till you were long gone.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
25. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Jul 17, 2016, 08:45 LurkerLito

Rigs wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 03:23:
I could be wrong but I don't think I am. I'm not happy about it. If SC becomes the Daikatana of space-trading-combat sims, it might just put a bullet in the genre before it ever got back on it's feet again.

=-Rigs-=
You are going to be lucky if you even get a Dikatana quality game out of this one from the Squadron 42 pieces they might already have done.

Well my $30 pledge is still in there and I expect pretty much this Flush .

I haven't logged in or done anything with CIG/SC since the first alpha, so I am still under the old ToS agreement. I guess technically I could still go get a refund, but for $30 it's not worth the effort.

News Comments > System Shock Kickstarter and Demo
26. Re: System Shock Kickstarter and Demo Jun 29, 2016, 09:01 LurkerLito

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 02:30:
Also it will be interesting to see if GOG will pull their recently-standard dick move upon release and force this remake-reboot as the only System Shock available to buy. Just like they did with Baldur`s Gate (and others?)
It wasn't GoG that did that it was the current IP holder. They kind of noticed that Baldur's Gate (the original one available from GoG) was playable on android devices with the free DOSEMU package for Android. That was the reason they made GoG stop selling it and made the "enhanced" version the only one they could sell. They did it to make sure you had to buy it twice to get a PC and Android version.

News Comments > System Shock Kickstarter and Demo
9. Re: System Shock Kickstarter and Demo Jun 28, 2016, 20:23 LurkerLito

It's $30 BTW to get the finished game. I'll probably jump in before the end of the kickstarter.  

News Comments > DOOM Demo Extended
18. Re: DOOM Demo Extended Jun 21, 2016, 11:44 LurkerLito

I think the demo problem has always been that if they made a crappy demo it killed sales but if they made a great demo it wouldn't really increase sales by much. Most developers just don't want to spend the time to make a great demo because the cost of making a good one was probably higher than the sales increase it may have provided. In the end I bet they made more profit after the first sale a few months after the release than they would make for spending time and money on a good demo.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam
12. Re: Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam Jun 18, 2016, 13:41 LurkerLito

We will ship games on Steam again. (90 days after it shows up on the windows store)

There fixed the quote.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Footage
4. Re: No Man's Sky Footage Apr 14, 2016, 11:50 LurkerLito

Personally I think it looks interesting. As for it being worth $60 I think it is. Developing this was not a low budget endeavor and I think they need to price it as such. Still I do agree that they haven't shown me anything that will make me want to play it for countless hours and I think that is it's main problem.

I get that you have a main goal of getting to the center of the universe, but what is the driving force to do that has never been explained. I am going to buy the game the day before release mainly because it's a genre I want to support and as a big bonus is available on GoG at release. Those two things I am more than willing to pay a premium for. I just wonder though if it will hold my interest.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Released
21. Re: Dark Souls III Released Apr 13, 2016, 00:46 LurkerLito

Working great for me. If you are having crash bugs getting at the bonfire get a helmet or something that covers the hair. I read on another site that the crash happens due to the hair and goes away after they put on a helmet lol. My mage has a hood on so I have had no crashes.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns
4. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 3, 2016, 10:31 LurkerLito

And just like that Occulus is off the VR Headset list. I look forward to seeing what privacy violating stuff is included with the other headsets that make VR become as big a failure as DiVX, HD-DVD and 3DTV were.

Though to be fair we always knew this was coming. The second Facebook bought occulus there had to be a privacy raping application built into it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 23, 2016, 15:34 LurkerLito

I'll wait for reviews of the Philips monitor, but that is the perfect sized one for 4K. I'd be really wanting it if it was OLED.  

241 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo