Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LurkerLito

Real Name LurkerLito   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LurkerLito
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2011, 20:27
Total Comments 231 (Novice)
User ID 56985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 21, 2016, 16:27 LurkerLito

Tumbler wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 14:15:
I don't see why G2A is worse than ebay. If I have a key that will work in North America for a game and I want to sell it I can go to places like ebay or g2a.

I paid for the key and I'm selling it...what's the big problem?
Did you not read the article? G2A requires NOTHING tangible that can actually link back to the seller. It use to be you only needed a simple throw away email address and you could sell as much as you want on G2A. That's why all the fraud happened there. You'd contact G2A they'd say we'll contact the seller and no one would contact them back and their only info on the seller is a dead email account.

They want to say they improved, by requiring a facebook or a russian facebook equivalent and a phone number? That's absolutely not good enough. You can buy a burner phone and make a fake facebook account easily. So nothing has really changed.

This isn't about you selling your extra humble bundle keys you bought, this is about if you were selling a bunch of keys you bought with stolen CC#s then selling them at G2A cause their security for checking the sellers is so lax that no one would notice till you were long gone.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
25. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Jul 17, 2016, 08:45 LurkerLito

Rigs wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 03:23:
I could be wrong but I don't think I am. I'm not happy about it. If SC becomes the Daikatana of space-trading-combat sims, it might just put a bullet in the genre before it ever got back on it's feet again.

=-Rigs-=
You are going to be lucky if you even get a Dikatana quality game out of this one from the Squadron 42 pieces they might already have done.

Well my $30 pledge is still in there and I expect pretty much this Flush .

I haven't logged in or done anything with CIG/SC since the first alpha, so I am still under the old ToS agreement. I guess technically I could still go get a refund, but for $30 it's not worth the effort.

News Comments > System Shock Kickstarter and Demo
26. Re: System Shock Kickstarter and Demo Jun 29, 2016, 09:01 LurkerLito

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 02:30:
Also it will be interesting to see if GOG will pull their recently-standard dick move upon release and force this remake-reboot as the only System Shock available to buy. Just like they did with Baldur`s Gate (and others?)
It wasn't GoG that did that it was the current IP holder. They kind of noticed that Baldur's Gate (the original one available from GoG) was playable on android devices with the free DOSEMU package for Android. That was the reason they made GoG stop selling it and made the "enhanced" version the only one they could sell. They did it to make sure you had to buy it twice to get a PC and Android version.

News Comments > System Shock Kickstarter and Demo
9. Re: System Shock Kickstarter and Demo Jun 28, 2016, 20:23 LurkerLito

It's $30 BTW to get the finished game. I'll probably jump in before the end of the kickstarter.  

News Comments > DOOM Demo Extended
18. Re: DOOM Demo Extended Jun 21, 2016, 11:44 LurkerLito

I think the demo problem has always been that if they made a crappy demo it killed sales but if they made a great demo it wouldn't really increase sales by much. Most developers just don't want to spend the time to make a great demo because the cost of making a good one was probably higher than the sales increase it may have provided. In the end I bet they made more profit after the first sale a few months after the release than they would make for spending time and money on a good demo.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam
12. Re: Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam Jun 18, 2016, 13:41 LurkerLito

We will ship games on Steam again. (90 days after it shows up on the windows store)

There fixed the quote.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Footage
4. Re: No Man's Sky Footage Apr 14, 2016, 11:50 LurkerLito

Personally I think it looks interesting. As for it being worth $60 I think it is. Developing this was not a low budget endeavor and I think they need to price it as such. Still I do agree that they haven't shown me anything that will make me want to play it for countless hours and I think that is it's main problem.

I get that you have a main goal of getting to the center of the universe, but what is the driving force to do that has never been explained. I am going to buy the game the day before release mainly because it's a genre I want to support and as a big bonus is available on GoG at release. Those two things I am more than willing to pay a premium for. I just wonder though if it will hold my interest.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Released
21. Re: Dark Souls III Released Apr 13, 2016, 00:46 LurkerLito

Working great for me. If you are having crash bugs getting at the bonfire get a helmet or something that covers the hair. I read on another site that the crash happens due to the hair and goes away after they put on a helmet lol. My mage has a hood on so I have had no crashes.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns
4. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 3, 2016, 10:31 LurkerLito

And just like that Occulus is off the VR Headset list. I look forward to seeing what privacy violating stuff is included with the other headsets that make VR become as big a failure as DiVX, HD-DVD and 3DTV were.

Though to be fair we always knew this was coming. The second Facebook bought occulus there had to be a privacy raping application built into it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 23, 2016, 15:34 LurkerLito

I'll wait for reviews of the Philips monitor, but that is the perfect sized one for 4K. I'd be really wanting it if it was OLED.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 16, 2016, 10:40 LurkerLito

If I get a VR helmet I will wait till there is a "universal" supported unit. The last thing I want is a different one for each console and PC. Personally I don't think VR will take off until some kind of universal supported standard is in place. No one but the fans are going to buy them if each device needs their own VR set.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $110M
6. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 11:13 LurkerLito

Argue
Popcorn

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
32. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 13:32 LurkerLito

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 12:41:
Slick wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 11:52:
MS plans some game launches you could count on one hand through their store, and the world shits it's pants.

The same thing was said when valve put DRM into half-life counter strike. Big things come from small beginnings. Many in my generation said that DRM would never become popular, but it did. People are dumber and stupider than you know. As someone from the first generation of of videogame players. Your comments neglect all that has been taken away from gamers over the last 15 years. The videogame industry has essentially taken away our rights to own/modify our own games and everything is increasingly locked down.
Exactly and money wise it means devs will make less when MS locks down UWP. See steam takes like 30% from the developer, but if you just take some time and look at the various stores like Apple's which is what MS is copying, then if you sell things with your "app" Apple takes a 30% cut of that on top of what your app sells for. So once UWP is locked down, if Steam can't be installed without the store, then the MS Store gets 30% of what Steam sells so that in turn means devs only make 40% (steam gets 30% and MS gets 30%). Now do you get it?

Remember one thing, you can't take away people's rights quickly or they will fight back hard, you only have to do it in little chunks over time and most will happily give them up. Win 10 is the first little chunk being taken away all under the guise of a "free upgrade".

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 25, 2016, 10:11 LurkerLito

It's going to be fun to see the reaction when people realize they turned off the ad feature only to see ads because MS reset their "privacy" settings back to default with some random forced update you cannot avoid.  

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28
17. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 16:18 LurkerLito

Bundy wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 14:05:
Square was paid to make it a Win10 exclusive. Just like they were paid to release on XB1 first. That money helps fund development. Why are we pretending these things are brand new? This is how the gaming industry has worked since infancy.
As other posts have noted it is not exclusive to Win 10. Just pointing out how Win 10 was unnaturally "stressed" as something like a major feature on the official site instead of it saying for Windows alone without the number 10 associated with it.

Square was paid for limited exclusivity on XB1, that is all. I am sure they were given some nudges to stress Windows 10 and the game since MS has nothing to offer Win 10 from their studios as exclusives that anyone would go out of their way to install Win 10 for it. Even this game wouldn't do it, but it's a big enough release to want it to mention Win 10 and hope some more gullible people will sign over their souls err data to get it for free.

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28
8. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 11:21 LurkerLito

Square should know better than make it Win 10 Exclusive. They'd lose a lot of buyers if it was. Though you have to hand it to MS for desperately trying to make it sound like Win 10 is somehow special for the game lol.

So don't forget folks to upgrade your Windows 7 licenses to Windows 10 for free. We can now collect data on you of course anonymously for personally targeted ads made just for you, force updates on your system even if you don't want them cause it might break some of your program, but don't you worry about those pesky broken programs, we even delete them for you without telling you. Windows 10 All UR DATA B Mine Edition. Remember it's a FREE upgrade Deal Devil

News Comments > Descent Royalty Dispute
1. Re: Descent Royalty Dispute Dec 30, 2015, 10:03 LurkerLito

I hate these kinds of deals. I don't blame Parallax at all for doing this but seriously, don't sell the trademark name without the dam game. Now this game is basically in limbo and can never be sold again till their dispute is done. Parallax can't sell it because it would be trademark infringement, Interplay can't sell it cause it would be copyright infringement. I am pretty sure it is crap like this that keeps old games like NoLF near impossible to find the "owners".  

News Comments > Kojima's Konami Exit?
11. Re: Kojima's Konami Exit? Dec 16, 2015, 02:11 LurkerLito

Slick wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 01:22:
I doubt we'll ever hear the details on exactly why the split happened. But i have my doubts that Konami is the Devil, and Kojima is a saint.

<snip>

Just sayin, I don't have any info on Konami being irrationally dickish for no reason (I welcome new data), but we all have decades of info on Kojima being fucking nutty.

True we will probably never hear the real story, but it says a lot when your game wins an award and Konami tells the game creator he can't go to the award presentation to accept an award he deserves in recognition of the work he did for them. So yeah we have some real strong indicators that Konami was being irrationally dickish.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
21. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 16:36 LurkerLito

Still doesn't fix my fast travel map bug. I still can't use it normally. I have spam the left click for me to fast travel anywhere. Funny though, the map works fine if I am in power armor but if I am not it's faster for me to turn on my tablet with the app loaded and fast travel that way.  

News Comments > Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition Tomorrow
6. Re: Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition Tomorrow Nov 4, 2015, 12:02 LurkerLito

deadearth wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 11:13:
LurkerLito wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 10:42:
lol, what a bunch of crap. Sorry no thanks. So loyal buyers of DS2 at release that bought all the DLC + Season pass that are included in the "Franchise" pack get the privilege of paying them another $6 for a Graphic Engine patch. Hahaha_no

I think you're missing one of the tiers:

Owners of the Darksiders franchise pack on Steam or the whole series on GOG.com will get this for free

if you are missing just one of the dlcs (or the first game) though it seems you'll only get the 80% discount
Nope read it again and check the steam forums where the developer replied. If you didn't buy the bundle from GoG or Steam "Franchise pack" that was just released a few months ago on GoG and Steam, even if you own every single DLC + Season Pass + both games, you will only get a 80% discount (comes out to $6).

Here is the official reply:
Hi guys,
Our original plan was to have the free copy unlocked for everyone owning Darksiders II and ALL DLCs but unfortunately this was technically not possible so we were told and therefore we chose the Steam version being the one unit unlocking the free copy which is as close as possible to the content we wanted our loyal fans to own - the Darksiders Franchise pack. Hope you anyways appreciate the great loyalty program, we will offer you together with our friends from Valve, no matter if you are unlocking the free copy or the high end 80 % discount.
Thank you & Cheers

231 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo