Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for djinn

Real Name djinn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname djinn
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 14, 2011, 23:07
Total Comments 213 (Novice)
User ID 56937

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > It came from E3 2016, Part 3
11. Re: It came from E3 2016, Part 3 Jun 18, 2016, 21:59 djinn

ItBurn wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 13:00:
edit: Also, The Verge is now in my list of shit flamebait/clickbait sites.

Once upon a time I thought it was only guys in relationships that got nagged at. Those days are over.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Patches
5. Re: Saturday Patches Jun 18, 2016, 20:23 djinn

LittleMe wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 19:31:
Rhett wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 18:17:
Eh.. in fairness, this last patch revitalizes the game. The only problem I've ever had with it is performance, and that is now moot.

Performance yes but also the widespread cheaters/hax.

What about the boring gameplay?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 17, 2016, 18:44 djinn

Razumen wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 18:39:
But they already have a game like that, it's called Quake Live, I don't see why they'd remake the same game unless it's going to replace that.

Yea I suppose you're right. At least for myself I expected it just to be a reskin, but why bother when the first thing you do is turn all the graphics options to minimum anyway?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 17, 2016, 18:20 djinn

Razumen wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 17:01:
Vio wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 16:50:
Its simple - if they add classes then it isn't quake, it is TF2 then.

I'm pretty sure Quake is whatever id wants Quake to be.

Vio's right though. The public's perception of Quake is jump in, no leveling, no classes, just simple mechanics where everybody is the same, except for their skill level. One on one is as pure as it gets in Quake because of that reason and probably why Willits had to make this statement.

The list on the article sounds good, but also sounds like someone saying they're going to make chess for a modern audience Hyperbole, but you get the point.

News Comments > Prey Announced
15. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 11:35 djinn

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 11:16:
This guy is tripping balls. The end cut scene will probably have him surrounded by dead humans in a cafe because he thinks they are bugs.

This guy should wash his hands after going to the bathroom.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2016, 20:04 djinn

Eirikrautha wrote on May 29, 2016, 09:49:
Hmmm, 1 divided by 20 = 0.05 = 5%

Math checks out...

I read that with the voice of Sheldon for some reason

I think all people want to see is something well crafted. Race, sex etc is irrelevant to that. The Cosby Show shined in the 80's and white folk like myself didn't really care that the focus was on a black family. It was a well written, well crafted show. If people feel under-represented, go out and change it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2016, 17:56 djinn

Ok. So he want's an Asian William Wallace? Might make a better ending than Braveheart, or you know... history.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Live Action Trailer
14. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Live Action Trailer May 27, 2016, 17:56 djinn

Task wrote on May 26, 2016, 23:47:
...dehumanized...

Did you investigate if there might be a valid reason why that is the case? Search for the word "bus" on this page and you might see a valid reason why.

Here's some state run television just to give you a taster of how legitimate Hamas are. Or do you think this behavior is acceptable? Or childrens entertainment such as this? It's all indefensible. Hamas needs to go and the people in Gaza need to lead that charge.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Live Action Trailer
11. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Live Action Trailer May 26, 2016, 20:01 djinn

Task wrote on May 26, 2016, 18:00:
A strange way to depict 'apartheid' but now people will know if they don't already exactly what its like to be Palestinian and how they are treated as subhuman.

Really looking forward to this.

Yet at the risk of further derailing this topic and pissing off a lot of people here... Hamas will never be taken seriously as a governmental body when they fire rockets indiscriminately toward civilian areas in Israel. This in a land that Israel forcefully removed their own settlers from in 2005 to make way for Palestinians in order to procure peace.

Remember... Palestinians can live and work freely in Israel, provided they obey the law and not machete people to death in the streets. Yet a single Jew walking the streets of Gaza will die the same day. Or would native Americans firing rockets on cities in the U.S. be acceptable because they are "occupied"? Time to learn to live together. It isn't difficult.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Ban Wave Catches Pros
8. Re: Team Fortress 2 Ban Wave Catches Pros May 1, 2016, 07:29 djinn

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 21:39:
When you leave, they spooj.

I had a blatant cheater on quakelive once. By blatant I mean he had everything set to 100% accuracy. Teleport and his aim would snap to the next target. Everyone went to spectator, but I thought screw it and hung around trying to get at least one frag. I got him eventually, just the once, but that was good enough for me. He probably got more of a kick out of it too rather than his normal griefing.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
13. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 13:23 djinn

"The good news is that while there are over a half-million “dislikes” on the Ghostbusters trailer, there are still over 27 million people who watched the trailer who either officially liked it or had nothing negative to say about it."

There are plenty of people that have something negative to say but don't voice it, at least on youtube, the worst platform for rational discussion.

Seems like they are trying to make a statement about women rather than making a fun film as the primary goal. Especially when you look into the development behind the scenes. At least, if that information is correct.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Gameplay Trailer
13. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2016, 18:33 djinn

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 15:47:
First BA: Gothic, now this...not bad, not bad at all.

That's what I was thinking. Plus on the fantasy side Total War and Vermintide. Is Games Workshop under new management or something? Those old farts sat on this gold for so long, licencing out some of the best ideas to the worst teams (not including Relic of course).

News Comments > New John Romero PC Shooter Teased
11. Re: New John Romero PC Shooter Teased Apr 15, 2016, 22:23 djinn

MajorD wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 21:29:
Well, he has the talent and background to kick out a better game than the current ones the sellout blowhards at id Software are these days.

Are they sellout blowhards? Unable to tell because I can't get past their server browser in the new Doom.

News Comments > Ghostbusters Games Announced
28. Re: Ghostbusters Games Announced Apr 15, 2016, 19:27 djinn

The trailer to the movie oozes "cash grab". The film industry is a business, I get it. But the original was created by someone who had imagination and thought they had a good idea that people would enjoy, regardless of money. It wasn't conceived purely for profit, as this turd clearly was.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups
28. Re: Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups Apr 12, 2016, 17:15 djinn

Razumen wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 14:14:
If you do this (not sure why, the nights are dark enough, plus people can see in the dark well enough in reality) make sure you download the Legendary Lamps - Lights Lamps Pipboy Overhaul, it makes the flashlight much brighter, adds shadows, and can turn it into a unidirectional light, rather than omnidirectional as it is normally.

Hm might check that out tonight as well.

btw if you've spent any time in the desert you'll know they are extremely dark during new moon

News Comments > Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups
26. Re: Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups Apr 12, 2016, 11:46 djinn

4D-Boxing wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 19:43:
Any recommendations? Been holding out and playing W3 but, I'm craving something that's "what the Stalker series could've been..."

Not really gameplay but I could recommend Darker Nights set to maximum darkness with dark sky option (there are 7 levels to choose from plus a checkbox for the sky) as well as True Storms. They bring a closer ambience to what Stalker was imo.

True Storms improves some things and ruins some others, but the trade off is worth it imo. Rain effects are too in your face, but the sounds are quite nicely done.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/191/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4472/?

Make sure you install True Storms for Darker Nights. You'll need True Storms mod, plus True Storms for Darker Nights 1.3 running in the queue, otherwise the game will crash on load.

[edit] I guess you could turn on survival mode with these mods and you'll get a closer gameplay feel as well.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto 6 Rumor
17. Re: Grand Theft Auto 6 Rumor Mar 27, 2016, 18:45 djinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 18:28:
I want GTA in the WH40k universe, MAKE IT HAPPEN

Hell yes!

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto 6 Rumor
11. Re: Grand Theft Auto 6 Rumor Mar 27, 2016, 15:37 djinn

Thought something similar only last night. Playing fallout at the moment and before you get to post apocalypse world was thinking it would be a great setting for a GTA like game.

Won't argue with another GTA after playing 5 though. They're getting better and better imo

News Comments > DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer
21. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 07:26 djinn

ViRGE wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 05:01:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE5b_cTZzBw The unnaturally wide FoV of that Q3 recording makes it look faster than it is.

Yep I'm aware of that, but even still. Do a side by side comparison of the Doom vid (at 20s or 34s) and this. https://youtu.be/PcbpIntnG8c?t=53 which is a more comparable fov.

Not even close. Even without strafe jumping. I guess they're calling it quick relative to contemporary games though.

News Comments > DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer
16. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 03:57 djinn

Doesn't seem fast at all. Maybe I'm stuck int he past?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE5b_cTZzBw

213 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo