Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Sundowner

Real Name Sundowner   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SunnyD
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 30, 2011, 02:16
Total Comments 150 (Novice)
User ID 56901

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Jul 17, 2019, 23:37 SunnyD

This is the way we patch and play, patch and play, patch and play
Time to vamp out and totally slay, all the live long dayyyyy...

Looks likes it's time for a new malkavian run.

~Finis~

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 15, 2019, 23:21 SunnyD

Beamer wrote on Jul 15, 2019, 23:10:
Cutter:<snip>

Also Cutter: having to leave work early to pick up your kids means you need to be fired

Thankfully for those in the Executive Suites of innumerable companies the world over the oncoming rush of AI/3d printing/Robotics will do away with the need to consider that and many other humano-centric situations in the very near future, and for all time following.

Of coarse when someone realizes just how easy it is to write a script to 'Fire X number of humans on approach to Quarterly reports time' in order to show growth and pad your typical executives bonus, those in the boardrooms may have cause to regret their short-sightedness and ease of replacement by code.

~Finis~

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2019, 21:44 SunnyD

Cutter wrote on Jul 13, 2019, 14:58:
What's their arguement? It's interfering with God's will? How do you interfere with an all powerful deity?

God: Let there be Marijuana, and THC receptors in your brains for its molecule!

Man: .. uh, that's illegal. Sorry.

Hey, you asked.

~Finis~

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut Next Month
5. Re: The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut Next Month Jul 12, 2019, 21:55 SunnyD

Satanic Practitioner Level Up! 2nd Level (2,666 xp):
Lou's Ball 'o Fire ---- "Bring the Light, Baby!"

~Finis~

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2019, 23:07 SunnyD

Creston wrote on Jul 3, 2019, 21:36:
Jivaro wrote on Jul 3, 2019, 20:35:
<snip>

Dude, come on. Just no. I mean... You're saying, what if it's all not true, and we MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR NOTHING?!

Testify! What.. make a jewel of this place and actually 'invite' Ancient Aliens to come here and take over cuz how pleasant it is?! The surest path to keeping Them away is to continue behaving the way we were created to! Damn the torpedoes, bring that Mad Max world closer, and keep Earth alien-free!!

p.s. To those Whom from the stars to this waterball came.. Run! Run hard.. run fast. Shit be crazy here, yo!

~Finis~

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2019, 21:36 SunnyD

jdreyer wrote on Jun 22, 2019, 16:59:
Speaking of virtual worlds, two entertaining movies to watch on Netflix if you're bored: The Matrix and John Carter.

Ooh, a John Carter reference! And here I thought I was the only one willing to keep neuronal pathways charged with knowledge that that movie existed. Save for the inclusion of those virtual world hopping aliens, I loved that modern attempt at E.R.B.'s vision. Seemed fairly spot on to all the pulp books I'd read back in the day.

~Finis~

38. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2019, 11:19 SunnyD

Beamer wrote on Jun 22, 2019, 10:57:
<Snip>
In any case, I'd argue those that only do good out of fear of repercussion aren't really all that good people. If you have to be told not to be an asshole because a lake of fire is waiting, maybe you're still an asshole?

Is this a good time to point a finger at the Asshole that came up with the lake of fire thing while also giving a failed servant ownership of that and His little project on earth? Cuz that Guy's a dick...

~Finis~

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2019, 20:56 SunnyD

bigspender wrote on Jun 20, 2019, 17:20:
One Day of Work a Week Is Most ‘Effective’ Dose for Mental Health, Study Says.

That's what I keep saying to my boss....

Now how we can get a weeks pay for that one day.. c'mon, people. Think!

~Finis~

21. Re: Scientists shocked by Arctic permafrost thawing 70 years sooner than predicted Jun 20, 2019, 20:03 SunnyD

bigspender wrote on Jun 20, 2019, 17:22:
SunnyD wrote on Jun 20, 2019, 02:51:
bigspender wrote on Jun 20, 2019, 00:42:
SunnyD wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 21:28:
..My stuff..

~Finis~

their bits

my bits

I think I understand now. Dinosaurs might be your ancestors, but the rest of us that believe in climate change and want to stop it, evolved from mammals....

Did you really just now suggest that mammals showed up fully formed , and have nothing to do with lizards and dinos in the same breath as showing off how on top of science you are by mentioning climate change in the same sentence?

Okay, we're cool.

Sorry for last nights spew, caffeine and psychotic breaks are a helluva drug, but damn, common core science-in' is living large these days if our common ancestral link amongst most of the lifeforms on this planet is no longer being taught. I'll just drop this here for a quickie update to your brain-pan: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/our-relatives-the-dinosaurs-36503129/

Sorry to break it down to you like this without any padding to soften the blow, but your ancestral group smelt of fish at family gatherings way back in the day before we crawled out of the sea, just like most of the rest of this planets inhabitants. But hey, it's always nice meeting someone from 'not around here'. How was your trip across time and space?

~Finis~

20. Re: Scientists shocked by Arctic permafrost thawing 70 years sooner than predicted Jun 20, 2019, 19:59 SunnyD

(dbl post)

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2019, 20:11.

18. Re: Scientists shocked by Arctic permafrost thawing 70 years sooner than predicted Jun 20, 2019, 02:51 SunnyD

bigspender wrote on Jun 20, 2019, 00:42:
SunnyD wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 21:28:
..My stuff..

~Finis~

1) nobody is guessing this time around. This isn't some biblical story or prediction. It's been a well established science since the 70s. It's hard numbers. It's like seeing a ball roll towards the end of a table. We all know what happens next.

2) We haven't been here before. The dinosaurs have. And well they aren't around anymore.

3) China is one of the leaders in renewable energy. So you can't point the finger at those places anymore.

4) Doing something bad on purpose, then "owning it" is a way to make yourself feel better about doing the wrong thing. I doubt you'll be "owning it" when one billion people migrate to your country thanks to climate change.

5) Doesn't your diet soda contain aspartame? (it turns into formaldehyde in the blood, which might explain a few of your posts lol)

1. We still have to live with the damage, we lucky few. And they weren't guessing back then, either. Science advances. They were 'right', as they understood it, in a way previous generations didn't. The same way we're 'right' today, and they're wrong, yet our estimates are off by 70+ years just on the question of perma-frost and all the lovely methane adding to the hilarity. And tomorrow we'll have even more info to update our rightness, for all the good it'll do with the damage done already.

2. Rocks hurt. Just ask us after a 6-mile wide one lands on New York. My reference to having been here before are the demonstrable periods in our evolutionary travails to this point where Co2 and heat made for fun times. And what's with the Dino-Racism? They're your ancestors as much as the rodent that ran around their feet that we came from, all of us crawling out of that sea at one time back in the day.

3. My reference to China's air quality is hardly old news. I'll leave it to your enjoyment to google their latest results as to their 'green-ness', but for giggles: https://waqi.info/ Real time, no less. I'd say they still have a ways to go, and we'll be breathing that air until they do. Thanks Jet Stream.

As to #4, perhaps you mis-read, or I mis-englished. I wasn't saying own your polluting. What I meant to put down was own the fact that you are completely boned, but do still keep trying to leave the place better than you found it. That was the bit 'do what you can'.

You are the one tasked with living through this side-show of assholes giving us this world, then asking for Carbon Tax bucks to clean it up. Did you approve factory concentration in another part of the world? I don't remember being asked, but I sure as hell have to put up with the consequences of others making these decisions for me. Had I been asked, no way in hell would the plans have met approval for placing General Electric nuke plants on a sandy shore with an underground mountain-fed river running underneath in an area hilariously historical for its ability to put water further ashore than natives would prefer, with the fun of the more than occasional earthquake tossed in.

As for aspartame, and other food additives of questionable biological use (but hey, money, amirite Rumsfeld and Searle?), I'd just like to drown the assholes with the degrees that approved that crap in giant vats of the stuff, televised. Perhaps with piranha. You can tell I've cooled off about this bit of idiocy of theirs. I've left off the destruction of their dna chains and the public drawing and quartering during the Superbowl half-time show. What can I say, I'm gettin' warm and fuzzy in my older age.

I'm not asking anyone to be happy about this. About the best we can do is make our way through a world where a kinder, gentler creator-type might have given us less psychopathic assholes in charge bringing us to this point with every policy, directive, and approval of the things we call our way of life. How's that bottled water leaching Bp-a -b and -s treating ya these days? I just looooove chemicals that act as oestrogen leeching into my dihydrogen mon-oxide. Hey, pregnant momma, suck it down! And collections of the stuff in any number of places around the world, like say your garbage dump over your water table, or the Indian Ocean, can, does, and will have some quality of life effects for many of us today, but certainly for your kids and those they'll call contemporary's.

And your bit about Aspartame breaking down into formaldehyde in the blood stream, that thing your brain likes to call 'supply of life giving crap' alludes to the gallows humor attempt of mine to draw attention to the fact that 'ALL' of us are in this together, for all that we're trying to do more to clean up than others about the world at this time, apparently. Can't blame them. We made this crap look good as we built our nation up.

Don't mind me. Just going through some of the more interesting Climate Change weather effects of late living in central Tornado Alley. Fried in 109 degree real-feel temps today which segued into 60-70mph straight line possibly tornadic winds. My new normal of late in cen-tex it seems.

Sorry if it comes off as being downish on humanity. I'm with George Carlin on this. It's a great show, with a lot of good folks making their way through what future history books are gonna be calling 'WTF was that all about?!?'. I'm long on hope, but cognizant of the real issues surrounding what we all call Normal Daily Life.

May you live in interesting times, indeed. Sorry my wall of text struck for 9000 damage pts. I blame my typing ability and caffeine.

Been one o' them days, y'know.

~Finis~

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2019, 03:02.

13. Re: Scientists shocked by Arctic permafrost thawing 70 years sooner than predicted Jun 19, 2019, 21:28 SunnyD

Been taking the long view on this whole thing since I was a kid in the 70's hearing about Sno-ball Earth a'comin. And here I am, still chewing my cud and looking stupidly about wondering at the ruckus.

'Recent studies have shown that those who believed the world would end on Dec 21, 2012 were in fact, wrong.'

I just luvs me some guessers.

Lots of folks have been guessing at what's gonna take us out since before I was born, and will be doing so long after my bits have become a part of other people and things. My money's on Fuckyoushima, Glyphosate, Aspartame and the nano-scale particulate aluminum matter spewing out the ass ends of any numbers of airplanes these days, almost all of which are most certainly Humano-centric in origin, and also almost all of which can certainly be extinction level events in their own rights, right fucking now.

So the weathers changing. Great. We've been here before, back when we wore caveman clothes and Kardashian asses were on nobody's mind, only then we had larger brains, and a more active lifestyle in general. Dunno how this is gonna affect us all, but I'm guessing kitty videos on media-delivery devices are gonna be rather low on the daily to-do list for most humans going forward dealing with whats about to be our new 'normal'.

I'm still waiting for those busy converting oxygen into loud trumpetting of Doom Horns to explain how, in the face of 2.5 BILLION 'highly motivated to have our way of life, or better' individuals (China, India); our few hundred million climate conscientious souls are going to be able to undo those two countries good works, as regards this whole eggs-in-one-breadbasket and trying to keep it clean thing we got going on. With air in China they jokingly say you could walk on, and an actual island of plastic and garbage off India's coastline you actually 'can' walk on, with the attractive addition of literal mountains of garbage 240' tall outside a variety of their cities, just how in the hell is any of this to work out for anyone on this ball of water anywhere, especially in light of how the planetary systems gleefully shuffle the damage about the place on any number of jet / water streams.

So relax, don't worry. You're screwed. Own that shit, do what you can. And pass me a diet soda. I haven't had my ice-cold allotment of aspartame today, and I'm missing the calorie burn from the shakes that stuff gives me..

~Finis~

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2019, 21:47.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2019, 20:53 SunnyD

Kxmode wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 20:20:
Ant wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 19:37:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 16:36:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 12:14:
The Boys may be watchable.

Karl Urban is always watchable.
Like in DOOM movie?

Like in Star Trek ya green-blooded wulcan.

As a Necromonger commander, Underverse take your breeder behinds!

~Finis~

News Comments > Morning Interviews
44. Re: removed Jun 14, 2019, 19:34 SunnyD

Luke wrote on Jun 14, 2019, 19:25:
Political correctness have entered the forum....gezz

My dissatisfaction flows along dark-force empowering pathways as regards the usage of the words political and correctness together in a sentence.

When has Politics ever come Correct?

~Finis~

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage
42. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 9, 2019, 23:00 SunnyD

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 12:17:
Am I the only one who doesn't care about Star Wars anymore? I mean as a whole?

But.. midichlorians. Won't you think of the invasive alien species's children..?! SOMEBODY has to love Star Wars, or they'll die! And then how will Jedi be all awesome 'n shit, without their invasive li'l pals connecting them to what used to be an energy field created by all living things, surrounding and penetrating us, putting binds on everything in the galaxy..?!

Plus it's making for one helluva SJW platform these days, doncha know. Don't think many of us saw that one coming back in '77.

~Finis~

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2019, 23:52 SunnyD

jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2019, 18:47:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 8, 2019, 14:03:
You wanna know what's worse than euthanizing a few chickens.
Mandatory rabies shots for dogs, what type of cruel society have we become.

I didn't give my dog the rabies shot, cuz I didn't want him to get canine autism.

Anyone wanna bet that the pooch is also a Flat-Earther?

~Finis~

News Comments > Baldur's Gate III Announced
42. Re: Baldur's Gate III Announced Jun 7, 2019, 21:34 SunnyD

Go for the eyes, Boo! GO FOR THE EYES!! RRrrraAAugh!!!!!

~Finis~

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2019, 08:23 SunnyD

bigspender wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 18:48:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 18:36:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 18:15:
bigspender wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 18:12:
Climate change could pose 'existential threat' by 2050: report says.

Billy Connolly has the solution for all this since 1985: Look at this way: if we all ate one person, the problem would be halved over-night. Think about it: I could eat someone you don't like, you could eat someone I don't like... where's the fucking damage?

Was his on-line name Thanos?
nice
I got 3 people on my list. Is there a max bag limit or do I have to get a waiver.

As long as they are climate change deniers, eat as many as you can. The Earth's grandchildren will thank you ;-)

They came for the Flat Earthers first, the Eaters of Men, but I did nothing for I roundly laughed at the 'Earthers.

Then the Eaters came for the Anti-vaxxers, and I did nothing, for my shot records were up to date, thank you very much.

Then they came for me, and no one was left to help me; and frankly, with my Dr. Pepper habit, they were right to eat me. I caramelized nicely.

~Finis~

News Comments > Diablo Hellfire on GOG.com
13. Re: Diablo Hellfire on GOG.com Jun 6, 2019, 07:40 SunnyD

Stay awhile.. and listen.

~Finis~

News Comments > Mortal Kombat 11 Adding Shang Tsung, Spawn, and More
9. Re: Mortal Kombat 11 Adding Shang Tsung, Spawn, and More Jun 3, 2019, 20:20 SunnyD

Believe I'll keep my wallet closed until I see Howard the Duck make his appearance. Think that'll be worth a giggle wrapped around a bit of insanity.

Hey, it could happen. Just look at this bit of gaming news today..

~Finis~

150 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo